One of the effective ways to treat diseases of the respiratory system is inhalation. During the procedure, the active substances of medications come directly to the inflamed parts of the mucosa, which facilitates the course of the disease. Inhalers from cough and cold are distinguished by the mechanism of action, they produce models for babies and adults. In order not to make a mistake with the choice, you should first study the rating and advantages of popular models.
- Types of inhalers
- How to choose an inhaler
- Preparations for inhalations for coughing
- How to do inhalations
Cough after eating: the cause and treatment Syrup of licorice root from cough - instruction how to apply Sage from cough: the main methods of treatment Get rid of cough with radish and honey How to distinguish between simple cough and tuberculosis
Types of inhalers
Nebulizers - modern inhalers with a mask that are designed for the deep introduction of medicines into the inflamed parts of the respiratory system. They are effective in the treatment of asthma, cystic fibrosis, colds, bronchitis, pneumonia. There are several types of devices, each has advantages and disadvantages.
Important! Inhalers - one of the most effective and safe methods of treatment of diseases of the respiratory system. They are safe even for babies. If you start inhalation at the first sign of the disease, you can significantly shorten the duration of the disease.
Electronic nebulizer is a multifunctional model, suitable for getting rid of cough and cold. The base of the device is a vibrating plate, in which there are many microscopic holes. Medicines pass through this lattice, are crushed, turn into a fog (a finely dispersed suspension), it settles on the mucous membranes of the respiratory organs.
Advantages of the electronic nebulizer:
- For inhalation, a small amount of medication is required, which minimizes adverse reactions, the risk of overdose.
- The inhaler can be treated with dry and moist cough, various forms of rhinitis, since expectorant, hormonal and antibacterial drugs are used for the device.
- The device works noiselessly, the duration of the session is no more than 10 minutes.
- You can accurately calculate the required amount of medication for the entire course.
- The procedures are carried out in any position, suitable for infants.
The electronic inhaler is suitable for children and adults. If you use it correctly, it can last for many years. The only drawback is the high cost.
In an ultrasonic inhaler, the dispersion of drugs occurs due to oscillations of the plate-radiator from the metal. Active substances penetrate into the most remote parts of the respiratory system, which allows quickly to stop the inflammatory process.
- Differ a small size, the devices are safe, noiseless, suitable for the treatment of young children, people of advanced age.
- Many models have batteries, which allows them to take them on a trip.
- You can accurately measure the necessary dose of the drug. For the treatment of ultrasound inhaler used ready-made drugs in nebula, alkaline mineral water, herbal decoctions, saline solution.
There are also some disadvantages of the ultrasonic device - there are no measuring cups for preparations in the set, they will have to be purchased separately, but consumables are usually of low cost. Ultrasound destroys the structure of hormonal and antibacterial drugs, so these drugs can not be used for such nebulizers.
The work of compressor inhalers from cough is based on the creation of a powerful flow that passes through special chambers, is enriched with medicinal preparations. The principle of operation is similar to ultrasonic nebulizers.
- You can use any medications;
- low cost;
- do not need to purchase additional consumables;
- the device is reliable.
Disadvantages - a lot of weight and size. The device operates noisily at the expense of the compressor, connecting tubes and nebulizers often fail.
The steam inhaler is a simple device, the principle of operation is in many respects similar to the usual procedure of inhaling hot steam over a pan. The device helps to speed up the process of sputum evasion. But such a device is considered obsolete, it has more flaws than merits.
- Low level of efficiency - during evaporation the concentration of medicinal substances is significantly reduced.
- Suitable such inhalers for adults, children are hard to breathe hot steam.
- It is possible to use only volatile substances on a water basis, which boil at a temperature of less than 100 degrees.
Important! All types of nebulizers, except the steam inhaler, can be used at elevated temperatures.
How to choose an inhaler
Buy nebulizers only in pharmacies or specialty stores, appliances must have quality certificates. When choosing a device, you should pay attention to the volume of the cups for drugs, the lifespan. If you need an inhaler for children, it is better to buy models that are equipped with special tubes, masks.
The most popular models are from Omron, consumers value devices for good price-performance ratio, reliability, multifunctionality.
They produce many models of inhalers for children, which have a bright interesting design, look like a nice toy, while effective and safe. The best children's nebulizers are the steam inhaler Med 2000 (Burenka), the compressor - B.Well WN-115K (Locomotive) and Omron Comp Air Kids.
Which nebulizer is better - the rating of popular devices:
- Chamomile-2 is an inexpensive steam device for treating and preventing colds, it is suitable for caring for problem skin. The device is light, convenient to use, equipped with a valve to reduce the temperature of the steam. The average price is 1.3-1.4 thousand. rub.
- A and D UN-231 is a Japanese ultrasonic nebulizer, it is light in weight and has a capacious capacity for medicines, complete with an adult and children's mask. The price is 3.9-4 thousand. rub.
- B. Well WN-114 - electron-mesh inhaler, has several modes of operation, there is a mask for the child. The price is 5,3-5,5 thousand. rub.
- Omron CompAir - professional compressor inhaler, allows you to set the minimum particle size, complete with masks for children and adults, for the nose, replaceable filters. The price is 5,8-6,2 thousand. rub.
Important! The best is considered an ultrasonic nebulizer, because with its use, the drugs penetrate as deeply as possible into the tissue. The optimum ratio of price and quality to compressor inhalers. For the treatment of children, it is better to choose electronic devices.
Preparations for inhalations for coughing
The use of nebulizers for coughing helps to improve the outflow of sputum and pulmonary blood, soften the mucus, prevent the development of complications, remove the remains of pathogenic microorganisms from the respiratory system.
Than to treat different types of cough - medicines for the inhaler
|Name of the facility||How much is needed for 1 session (ml)||How it works|
|Phosphoric acid or alkaline mineral water||3-4||Moisturizes and softens mucous in dry cough|
|Lazolvan||up to 6 years - 2 ml of saline and medicine;
over 6 years - 3 ml of each ingredient
|Improves mucus outflow with unproductive and dry cough|
|Mukaltin||In 80 ml of saline solution dilute 1 tablet, for the procedure requires 3-4 ml of the prepared solution||Expectorant action|
|Tussamag||up to 6 years - on 3 ml of saline solution 1 ml of drugs
over 6 years - 1 ml of the drug and 2 ml of saline solution
|Helps with barking cough|
|Miramistine||The procedure requires 4 ml of solution, children up to 12 years of age, the drug should be diluted with saline in a ratio of 1: 2;
for a child over 12 years of age you can use the drug in its pure form.
|Antiseptic, cleanses the mucous, copes with any kind of cough.|
With an unproductive cough, you can use for infusions infusion of sage, chamomile, thyme. A good antitussive effect is oil of sea-buckthorn, eucalyptus, almonds (used in steam inhalers).
How to do inhalations
Before starting treatment, you should study the instructions, most devices have several modes of operation. The smaller the particle diameter, the lower they penetrate the respiratory system. To treat rhinitis, you can set the largest size.
How to use the nebuliser correctly:
- The procedure should be conducted 2 hours after eating.
- After the end of the session, you should not go out for at least 10-15 minutes.
- During the treatment session you need to remain silent.
- With rhinitis, breathe in with the nose, exhale with the mouth, with bronchitis, pneumonia, cough - on the contrary.
- The duration of the session for adults and children over the age of 14 - 10-15 minutes, for children under 5 years - 3 minutes, over 5 years - 5 minutes, you can gradually add time. The course consists of 5-10 procedures, but a positive result is noticeable almost immediately.
- After inhalation with hormonal or antibacterial drugs, rinse your mouth with warm water.
- The mask should fit as close as possible to the face.
- The solution for the inhaler should be prepared immediately before use.
- Carefully disinfect all parts of the device after each session.
Important! All the liquids that the inhaler runs must have a temperature of at least 20 degrees.
The inhaler is an indispensable device and first aid for people who have an anamnesis of chronic diseases of the nasopharynx, respiratory organs. The devices are easy to use, they can quickly eliminate all unpleasant symptoms of the disease, they are suitable for the treatment of adults and children.