1Cramps of the calf muscles - at night in a dream. Causes and treatment, in children, in adults
- 1.1Cramps of calf muscles at night in sleep - causes
- 1.2Let's consider the main reasons of occurrence:
- 1.3The side effect of serious diseases:
- 1.4Cramps of calf muscles during pregnancy - what is the reason?
- 1.5Why are the problems of mineral metabolism?
- 1.6Why do calf muscle cramps occur in children?
- 1.7Cramps of calf muscles - at night (in a dream) - treatment with folk remedies and prevention
- 1.8To relieve spasm:
- 1.9For prevention, you should:
- 1.10Infusion of herb thyme
- 1.11Natural bee honey
- 1.12Chamomile tea
- 1.13Tincture of lilac flowers on alcohol
2Causes and treatment of gastrocnemius muscle cramps. Cramp muscle spasms at night: causes
- 2.1What is the phenomenon?
- 2.2Causes of seizures
- 2.3How to provide first aid?
- 2.4Drug therapy
- 2.5Convulsions in children at night
- 2.6Additional reception of macroelements
- 2.7Establishing diagnosis
- 2.9How to prevent cramps?
3Cramps of the calf muscles: causes, treatment
- 3.1Causes of seizures
- 3.2Types of seizures
- 3.3Treatment of gastrocnemius muscle spasms
4Cramps of calf muscles at night - causes, treatment
- 4.1How does the gastrocnemius muscle cramp in a dream?
- 4.2What are the causes of seizures in the calf muscles at night?
- 4.3How to treat the causes and symptoms of nocturnal cramps in the calf muscles?
5Causes of calf muscle cramps at night and their treatment
- 5.1Lack or excess of minerals
- 5.2Changes in metabolic processes
- 5.3Disturbance of blood circulation
- 5.4Subcooling of legs
- 5.5Inconvenient clothes and shoes
- 5.6Excessive physical activity
6Why cramps gastrocnemius muscles at night, during pregnancy or when walking - what to do
- 6.1Why there are cramps in calves
- 6.3What causes calves on the feet of children
- 6.4Why reduces the cramp of calves in pregnant women
- 6.5: the cause of seizures in the calf muscles
Cramps of the calf muscles - at night in a dream. Causes and treatment, in children, in adults
Hello, dear readers. Today I want to talk on a very delicate topic, which everyone should know about. I ran into this situation during pregnancy, and my daughter had a leg cramp in her sleep. We visited doctors, consulted, collected information.
Therefore, today I have something to share with you. After all, most people, at least once woke up at night from the sharp pain in the calf muscles. The cause of the pain is sharp cramps. In the state of rest there is an involuntary contraction of muscles, which is accompanied by painful sensations.
Spasm can last from a few seconds to several minutes. And sometimes appears several times during the night. The foot is similar to a stone, similarly rigid.
But this cramp is called in the people, and this is not entirely correct, since the medical term of this phenomenon is myoclonia.
With convulsions, loss of consciousness occurs, and with myoclonia, only muscle spasm and pain sensations. By itself, myoclonia is not a disease, it is only the body's response to certain problems, or a symptom of the disease.
In the article, we'll talk simpler - a cramp, but it's about this common phenomenon: the cramps of calf muscles at night. Is it worth worrying about this phenomenon? Why does it arise? How with it will consult? You will find answers to these questions in this article.
Cramps of calf muscles at night in sleep - causes
If you believe the statistics, the cramps of the calf muscles are more susceptible to middle-aged and older people. But young people also have a similar kind of spasms. It is very important to identify the cause of their occurrence.
Because the cramp can occur as a result of muscle overstrain, and as a symptom of a serious disease of the nervous system.
Let's consider the main reasons of occurrence:
- Lack of trace elements in the body. At night, the person is relaxed. Slow down all the processes of the body, including blood circulation. Muscles are deficient in nutrients, and this leads to their reduction.
A similar reason is that elderly people take medications that regulate pressure in the body.
- Exercise before bedtime. A high level of physical activity can also cause seizures. This is due to the accumulation of lactic acid in the muscles.
The reason may be the use of diuretics, as well as diarrhea and vomiting.
- Lack of phosphorus and calcium in the body.
- Varicose veins, and other vascular system problems.
- The process of aging of the body.
During this period, the size of the tendons of the posterior surface of the shank changes, which leads to spasms.
- Problems with the spine, including hernia and osteochondrosis.
- Deficiency of magnesium, calcium, potassium, sodium.
- Problems with the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Lack of oxygen.
- High fever and fever.
- Subcooling of the feet.
- The state of stress.
- Hidden injuries.
- Inflammatory processes.
- Loud sharp sound or bright light. For example, if you suddenly turn on the lights in the room. This is especially true for children.
The side effect of serious diseases:
- Cirrhosis of the liver, and other liver diseases.
- Diabetes mellitus type 2.
- A brain tumor.
- Meningitis, and other neuroinfections.
- Kidney diseases.
- A consequence of a traumatic brain injury.
- Ramsay Junta's disease.
As can be seen from the above list, seizures are provoked by household stresses and severe diseases.
Therefore, you need to get a doctor's advice if you have increased cases of muscle contraction at night, and if in addition to pain other symptoms, including loss of consciousness, are observed.
Cramps of calf muscles during pregnancy - what is the reason?
Let us consider this question separately, since many ladies in the situation with it are confronted. During the toxicosis, the main cause is vomiting and dehydration.
The most common reason for calf muscles at night is a violation of the exchange of minerals. And the problem is considered at the cellular level, and arises from the difference in the content of ions of different trace elements, inside and outside the body cells.
Why are the problems of mineral metabolism?
At first, a woman needs more elements, since trace elements are now also needed for the formation of the fetus.
Secondly, a change in diet, because of which, a woman does not get enough of the necessary substances.
Most often, the body lacks calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B6.
The lack of potassium can be triggered not only by frequent vomiting, but also by the use of coffee in large quantities.
Calcium deficiency is already a known problem during pregnancy.
Often women start using drugs that raise the level of calcium, but do not feel a positive effect.
And this is due to the fact that for the assimilation of this element, it is necessary to combine the intake of these vitamins, with the intake of vitamin D3 and magnesium..
Only the complex will provide a positive result. Magnesium is also lost due to the reasons listed above, but also its level is adversely affected by alcohol, caffeine, and excess potassium. Therefore, all 4 elements should be in a moderate balance in the body of the future mother..
Thirdly, taking diuretics. Thus, pregnant women are trying to get rid of the problem of edema.
Fourthly, or the fourth reason - a low level of hemoglobin in the blood. Hemoglobin in pregnancy should be monitored and increased hemoglobin level in the blood if it is low.
Also, from the twenty-eighth week of pregnancy, especially if the fetus is not one, seizures can occur as a result of the syndrome of the inferior vena cava. The fetus squeezes the vein, which prevents a normal outflow of blood, and a process similar to that observed with varicose veins.
Correctly identify the cause, and pick up a method for its removal can your doctor who watches the process of pregnancy, and receives the most complete information from blood and urine tests.
Why do calf muscle cramps occur in children?
✔At quite healthy children there can be cramps, as reaction not fatigue, a lack of a dream, a wrong food ration.
✔The organism of a small child can thus react to an uncomfortable temperature, or too heavy a blanket.
✔Also, the spasm can be a consequence of high body temperature, or a reaction to fright.
✔Perhaps the cause of seizures lies in the lack of vitamin D and potassium. During a period of active growth, convulsions are caused by an intensive increase in the size of the tendons, and increased physical exertion on the legs during the day.
✔Especially, this problem is often manifested in children from 7 to 14 years old, when there is an active growth of the child.
If the pains are disturbed often, it is better to consult a pediatrician, if necessary, he will refer you to a neurologist.
Be sure to consult a doctor if:
- After cramps, the muscle continues to hurt for more than a day.
- Spasms appear several times a day.
- The cause of seizures is not related to physical activity.
Cramps of calf muscles - at night (in a dream) - treatment with folk remedies and prevention
If the phenomenon is one-time, or is associated only with physical exertion, then there is no need to take a course of medications.
It is enough to reduce the load and revise the diet.
If the problem bothers the child, you should limit watching the TV before going to bed and avoid active entertainment.
For preventive maintenance it is necessary to do massage of feet, and a shower with differences of temperatures. Especially after physical exertion. These measures prevent the accumulation of lactic acid in the muscles and normalize blood circulation. Wool socks will also help you in the fight against this phenomenon.
Usually reduces the shin, much worse if the spasm also passes over the hip muscles, and the muscles responsible for flexion and extension. The total overload of the muscles of the knee and ankle is able to tear the tendons. Therefore, it is important to remove the spasm as soon as possible.
To relieve spasm:
- Massage your leg in the direction of the knee joint. You can use a warming ointment.
- Pull on your thumb, reduced by a leg cramp. It is better that the knee is also bent.
Muscles antagonists, which we use in this way, will give a conditional signal about the abolition of the task for the gastrocnemius muscle
- Move and shake the leg gently.
- Slightly unbend the foot.
- Try to pinch your foot or knock on it. This measure can help, but sometimes causes an increase in spasm.
- Make a hot compress on your leg.
- If these measures do not help, you can gently prick your leg with a needle, but only as a last resort. And it is better to press the corner of an object, so you will break the pain stronger, and the muscles will reflexively relax.
- And if you are afraid of repeated seizures, it is better to use a warmer.
- Do foot and foot massage (rub your leg with your hands).
For prevention, you should:
- Observe the balance of water. Drink 6-8 glasses a day. This will help you to solve not only the problems of spasms, but also to restore the normal metabolism in the body.
- Fill the diet with foods that are rich in potassium, magnesium, calcium.
- Potassium- Apricots, dried apricots, bananas, melon, broccoli, milk.
- Calcium- dairy products, vegetables rich in fiber, beans, nuts.
- Magnesium- nuts, seeds, vegetable greens, legumes.
- When taking vitamins, reduce the intake of sugar and caffeine, as well as foods that interfere with the absorption of vitamins. It is optimal to consult a doctor for making a diet or choosing a vitamin complex. Believe me, this is very important.
- Do stretching calf muscles. Before going to bed, try to walk around the room.
- You can stand on your feet and move the weight slightly from the heel to the toe. If you are already lying in bed, then pull the toe socks in the direction of the knees.
- Well helps the course of acupuncture.
- Before going to bed, make foot baths with essential oil. Excellent oil juniper, rosemary, lavender.
A healthy lifestyle is the basis for the prevention of most diseases.
If you have already consulted a doctor, you may be prescribed medications that help to overcome the cause of the illness.
- If the cause is dehydration, it is possible to prescribe potassium supplements and abundant water use.
- Purpose of drugs, to eliminate metabolic disruptions.
- To eliminate seizures, preparations based on valproic acid can be prescribed.
- A course of drugs with sedative effect.
- Muscle relaxants.
Infusion of herb thyme
Also, folk medicine offers herbal remedies - thyme infusion.
For cooking, you will need thyme (20-25 grams) and boiling water.
Thyme is poured over with boiling water. He must brew at 3 o'clock. After the infusion, you need to strain. Take a tincture for 30 days for one tablespoon 3 times a day for 30 minutes before meals.
Natural bee honey
The second advice from folk healers is to take bee natural honey on a teaspoon before breakfast and dinner. Natural honey from herbs is suitable.
The third tip is to drink chamomile tea before bed. One tablespoon of pour boiling water, and insist for half an hour.
Tincture of lilac flowers on alcohol
The fourth advice is rubbing the muscles with the infusion of lilac flowers based on alcohol. Pour a half liter of lilac bottle, carefully pound it, and pour it with vodka or alcohol. Insist 14 days. Rub your calves morning and evening.
Cramps of the calf muscles at night in a dream are quite common.
With rare episodes of appearance, and if there are no pain after the spasm is over, do prevent the phenomenon at home.
If the treatment does not help, and the seizures repeat, then do not delay with the examination..
If frequent repetition of seizures should be addressed to a medical institution to eliminate serious diseases. The earlier it is possible to identify the disease, the more opportunities to cure it, and get rid of serious consequences..
If you are carrying a baby and you have myoclonia, be sure to tell the information to the doctor who is monitoring the course of the pregnancy. This is necessary to avoid more serious complications.
Remember that the occurrence of spasm can seriously damage your ligaments and cartilage, so it's worth removing the spasm as soon as possible.
A source: http://narodnayamedicina.com/sudorogi-ikronozhnykh-myshc-nochyu/
Causes and treatment of gastrocnemius muscle cramps. Cramp muscle spasms at night: causes
Complaints of patients on cramps calf muscles doctor hear regularly. With such discomfort, there are people of absolutely different categories. Young, and people aged, children and pregnant women are subject to the phenomenon.
In this case, all patients note that it is at night that the sensations are so strong that they make you wake up and experience the whole trouble of moments.
What is the treatment of gastrocnemius spasms? At night, these manifestations can seriously disrupt rest.
What is the phenomenon?
Everyone knows what convulsions are. This is when it reduces one or more muscles, that is, they shrink on their own. In this case, this phenomenon is accompanied by pain. Most often, convulsions appear in the legs, in their gastrocnemius, on the back of the shin.
Spasm, which suddenly covers the muscle, causes the foot to fully straighten up, similar to when a person stands on tiptoe. Strong enough painful sensations accompany cramps of gastrocnemius muscles at night.
Treatment with such a phenomenon even to the patient seems to be the only way out.
Causes of seizures
Effective treatment of any disease is possible only after finding out its sources.
Thus, initially it is necessary to consider what is hidden, if it comes to convulsions of the calf muscles, the reasons.
Treatment is possible only after finding out the factors that cause unpleasant discomfort.
The main causes of this pathology are:
- non-systemic strong physical activity;
- exposure to cold;
- various changes in the work of the body;
- lack of mineral substances in the blood;
- nerve diseases;
- stressful situations;
- the use of alcohol in large quantities;
- increased neuromuscular excitability;
- epileptic syndrome;
- tumors and brain traumas;
- various inflammations;
- flat feet;
- lack of mobility;
- drug therapy with diuretics or statins, taking Niacin, and so on.
How to provide first aid?
The question of the need to begin treatment of calf muscle cramps at night is quite urgent. It is at this time that the power of their manifestation is maximal. Leave the question of fighting the disease until the morning and consider how to provide first aid.
- If the calf is cut on the leg, then it must be strongly squeezed and simultaneously press the index finger on the central area for twenty seconds. This will help improve blood circulation in the muscle. Breathing throughout the procedure must be deep.
- Another way to eliminate convulsions involves a strong contraction within half a minute of the central area of the lower lip.
- A small massage will also help, thanks to him the muscles will relax due to blood flow to the site in which a spasm appeared.
- A special exercise will stretch the cramped area. This will act as an analgesic. The person should stand face to face with the feet standing on the width of the shoulders. Hands at the same time are at the level of the head, resting against the wall. You need to try to move away from the wall so that your feet do not come off the floor, and the movements are slow. The exercise continues until the calf muscles begin to stretch and end when pain occurs. To eliminate it, you need to triturate the place covered by spasm. Such treatment of gastrocnemius muscle cramps at night will effectively eliminate discomfort.
It is important enough to remember the promise that was given at night, and go to see a doctor. Until the appropriate treatment for gastrocnemius muscle cramps is selected, medications and certain procedures can help in getting rid of discomfort.
So, you can use several ways to fix this problem:
- You can exercise a little on an exercise bike or a treadmill.
- Make a complex for stretching with a subsequent massage for a couple of minutes before sleep.
- Do not take drinks and food with a diuretic effect, as well as what contains caffeine and alcohol (to avoid dehydration).
- Moderately take magnesium.
- The use of vitamin B12 will help, but only if it is not enough in the body.
- You can try to take funds that reduce muscle tone, accompanying cramps calf muscles. Treatment (drugs and procedures) is better to initially discuss with the doctor. Meadkalm is an effective remedy.
- Help drugs that eliminate the pain of a neuropathic nature. For example, the drug "Gabapentin."
- With caution drink drugs blocking calcium channels. These are medicines used for migraines and hypertension. However, the insidiousness of these funds lies in the risk of hypotension.
- If the physical activity is intense, then additional intake of a large amount of water is necessary. With a lack of calcium, you can include the appropriate drugs in the reception of funds. For supporters of all natural will suit sesame oil, any dairy products.
However, compliance with all these rules will not replace the advice of a specialist.
Convulsions in children at night
At a time when the child is growing particularly intensively, he can have the above-mentioned spasms at night.
Of course, the kid does not understand what is happening to him, because of what happens these involuntary contractions in the muscles.
Often he begins to behave very uneasily, afraid and cry. Why do these phenomena arise?
Night convulsions in the child are due to the presence of the following factors:
- the toddler's foot was in one uncomfortable position for a long time;
- the child has become supercooled;
- the body lacks vital elements;
- the baby suffers from flat feet.
If the convulsions occur regularly and for a fairly long time, then, most likely, their causes are the last two factors.
Additional reception of macroelements
It is very important to understand what triggers seizures of gastrocnemius muscles at night. Treatment, if the body needs macronutrients, can consist in a correct diet.
- Potassium is easily replenished if included in the diet more fruits, such as grapes or prunes, apricots, bananas and cherries. They are rich in legumes, especially beans and lentils. And also cereals, for example oatmeal porridge. The source of potassium is fish, meat and dairy products.
- Everyone knows that calcium is mostly found in all kinds of fermented milk products, such as cheese, cottage cheese and yogurt. In addition, it is very much in nuts, cabbage, watercress, soybeans and sesame seeds.
- Sources of magnesium - a variety of greens, cereals such as oatmeal, buckwheat, pearl barley. A lot of it in the bran and legumes, in seaweed and all kinds of dried fruits.
If cramps have become frequent and continue for a long time, you should seek medical help.
The first specialist should be a therapist or pediatrician if the child is sick. The doctor will make a preliminary examination, if necessary, will appoint a survey. If it is required, it will send to another narrower specialist, for example a neurologist.
Remember that the cause of unpleasant discomfort can be a serious ailment.
For example, the treatment of gastrocnemius muscle spasms with varicose veins should be performed only by an experienced specialist.
No home or self-prescribed drugs will not relieve the source of the ailment. And, consequently, the relief that you receive will not be long.
In case the disease is caused by problems with the somatic nervous system, with proper therapy, involuntary contractions of the leg muscles will soon cease.
If the results of the survey show that the cause of the disease was not any Serious pathologies, the doctor will be given advice that will help in the very near future to improve the condition patient.
Treatment of gastrocnemius muscle cramps at home begins with a change in diet.
The basic rules are:
- Take small meals up to six times a day.
- At the heart of the daily ration, priority should be given to complex carbohydrates, such as various cereals, whole grains, as well as fruits and vegetables.
- You can not do without fat, they are also responsible for muscle contractions. Daily rate is contained in a small piece of sausage or red fish, as well as butter.
- The daily diet can not do without foods rich in magnesium, which have already been listed above. It is better to combine them with those that contain vitamins from group B.
How to prevent cramps?
There is a complex of measures, observance of which will prevent the development of this disease:
- It is necessary to introduce healthy habits and to abandon harmful ones. For example, moderate exercise, excluding too intense leg exercises.
- To sleep it is necessary on a comfortable bed, limbs at the same time should be raised in relation to the entire body.
- Foot baths are another effective way to avoid seizures. In five liters of warm water, several spoons of sea salt are dissolved.
- The feet are massaged using ointments that improve blood circulation in the tissues.
- Heel height in casual shoes should not exceed 5 cm. Shoes, in which the patient feels uncomfortable, should also be excluded.
- If there are problems with the veins on the legs, then it is shown wearing a special compression underwear - stocking or tights.
- It is necessary to eliminate flatfoot, if available.
- It is necessary to take vitamin-mineral complexes.
Such simple measures will make it possible to effectively complete the treatment prescribed by the doctor for gastrocnemius muscle cramps that appear at night.
A source: http://.ru/article/162306/prichinyi-i-lechenie-sudorog-ikronojnyih-myishts-nochyu-sudorogi-ikronojnyih-myishts-prichinyi
Cramps of the calf muscles: causes, treatment
A sudden muscle spasm promotes severe pain. The spasm, in addition to the calf muscle, is sometimes able to reduce the musculature of the foot.
Most people rarely encounter muscle cramps, but some experience such discomfort regularly.
With the help of home remedies with cramps you can cope, and prevent it will help change your lifestyle.
During the spasm of the gastrocnemius muscle, the person experiences prolonged, excessive and unusual muscle contractions.
The cause of gastrocnemius muscle cramps is excessive accumulation of lactic acid in the tired muscle, obstructed for some reason blood circulation, nerve dysfunction caused by lying or sitting in not quite comfortable posture..
In addition, convulsions are a symptom worried by doctors of different specialties, because convulsive syndrome is quite difficult to stop..
When there are seizures, it is recommended that you immediately seek help from a neurologist, under this problem, various diseases can be hidden.
Causes of seizures
The reasons that can contribute to the appearance of seizures in different periods of age are quite diverse, we will give some of them:
- Hypoxia - or insufficient amount of oxygen entering the body;
- Malformations of the brain;
- Encephalitis, meningitis and other neuroinfections;
- Low content of glucose, magnesium, calcium in the blood serum;
- birth trauma in a newborn;
- Craniocerebral injury;
- Tumors of the brain;
- Fever, fever;
- Gestosis (complication of pregnancy);
- Poisoning with medicines;
- Violations in salt and water metabolism.
It is already known for sure that a very bright light, or a loud sound, can cause the seizures.
Hereditary predisposition can also significantly affect the onset of seizures.
In persons whose relatives once experienced convulsive seizures, the risk of such attacks is quite high.
Types of seizures
Seizures can be tonic-clonic, myoclonic and partial.
Do not call cramps gastrocnemius spasm, which often occurs during sleep. This pathology is better characterized by the term "myoclonia when the muscles of the legs reduce spasm, not accompanied by loss of consciousness.
As scientists have found out, in myoclonias muscle reduces due to a disorder occurring in the extrapyramidal system of the brain and a reduced content of calcium in the blood serum.
If muscle spasm occurs once in a few months, this may indicate the first symptoms of the disease: in women, for example, at night can reduce gastrocnemius muscles with a deficiency of serum calcium, or in varicose veins of lower extremities body. If the spasm of gastrocnemius arises in cold water, this is due to the narrowing of the blood vessels in case of exposure to low temperature or overstrain of the muscle. Quite often to reduce muscles in cold water can be in people with insufficient calcium, or with a disease of the spine.
Muscles can reduce during exercise, and this is due to dehydration and loss of potassium and calcium together with sweat, in case of insufficient warm-up, increase in the amount of training, or with excessive load on this group muscles.
During sleep, spasms can occur when a person moves from one position to another. In this case, there is a sudden tension of a particular group of muscles, leading to spasm.
Treatment of gastrocnemius muscle spasms
Cramps in the gastrocnemius muscles are often symptoms associated with varicose veins, and rarely they are found in isolation, without the accompaniment of other manifestations caused by violation of venous outflow of blood in the legs of a person, such as heaviness, pain, swelling, and so Further.
During spasm of gastrocnemius needle prick will be a fairly effective tool, only perform a similar procedure should be specially trained person - you need to know the location of the points of exclusion needles.
Independently such an injection is not recommended, because there is a high probability that pathogens will enter the body, capable of causing various infectious diseases..
In addition, it is quite easy to damage the vessels and nerves located beneath the surface of the skin..
The main cause of the occurrence of convulsive contractions in the gastrocnemius muscles are all kinds of metabolic disorders of sodium and calcium, occurring in muscle tissue, often due to stagnation of blood.
When there is a deficiency in the intake of potassium ions, neuromuscular excitability appears.
In man, first of all, weakness in the muscles, increased fatigue, and in the future - convulsions, muscle twitching and spasmodic contractions of the feet. Seizures often occur at night, during sleep.
Prolonged absence of any movement and work of the muscular pump, or not quite comfortable position of the leg - all this contributes to the disturbance of normal venous blood flow.
Preventing seizures is done in order to avoid the occurrence of a new attack. General massage is a good help in preventing seizures; during it all the muscles are warmed up, increasing the blood flow in the body.
Physical exercises help to strengthen the leg muscles that are prone to spasms. In the diet it is desirable to include vegetables, sour milk products, fruit, oatmeal, liver.
It is recommended to take preparations containing calcium and vitamin D, which promotes an increase in the calcium content in the blood and reduces convulsive manifestations together with neuromuscular excitability..
Seizures can cause metabolic disorders and tumor lesions of the nervous system and parathyroid endocrine glands. Therefore, if symptoms are found, consult your doctor..
A source: http://lechenie-simptomy.ru/sudorogi-ikronozhnyh-myshc
Cramps of calf muscles at night - causes, treatment
A rare or episodic muscle contraction is not a cause for concern. It can be caused by a slowing down of metabolic processes, a temporary deficit of vitamins and trace elements, minor circulatory disorders, dehydration or overexertion.
Pathology refers to the frequent cramping of calf muscles at night - the causes and treatment of this condition should be determined at a doctor's appointment, after the delivery of a series of analyzes, instrumental studies.
How does the gastrocnemius muscle cramp in a dream?
The phenomenon under consideration (myoclonia) is a process in which the muscle fibers strongly and involuntarily strain without external causes. It quickly passes into a spasm, because of which the calf part of the leg does not relax.
The convulsion is accompanied by an intense pain syndrome due to the simultaneous infringement of several nerves located in the lower limb region.
What are the causes of seizures in the calf muscles at night?
There are 2 groups of factors provoking the described problem. The first type includes reasons not related to serious diseases, which is easily amenable to therapy.
That's why the calf muscles can be cramped at night:
- too bright light;
- lack of calcium, vitamin D and magnesium in the body;
- excess lactic acid in the muscles;
- excessive load on the legs;
- circulatory disorders;
- adherence to a protein diet;
- increased sweating;
- frequent stress;
- taking certain medicines (antacids, insulin, diuretics);
- decreased muscle tone;
- low mobility;
- excess weight.
The second group of causes is a disease whose symptom is myoclonia. In this case, it is more difficult to find out why there are calf muscles at night because the list of pathologies is great:
- diabetes mellitus type 2;
- hidden injuries;
- chronic renal failure;
- Thyroid gland diseases;
- chronic disorders of blood flow in the vessels of the legs;
- flat feet;
- Parkinson's disease;
- Addison's disease;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- tumor lesions;
- brain trauma;
- inflammatory processes;
- severe intoxication;
- multiple sclerosis;
- virus diseases.
To establish the exact diagnosis it is possible only after consultation of the neuropathologist.
How to treat the causes and symptoms of nocturnal cramps in the calf muscles?
Emergency ways to eliminate spasm in myoclonia:
- Rapidly rub your leg with your hands.
- Press the index finger into the center of the gastrocnemius muscle for at least 20 seconds.
- Massage the limb.
- Stand on a cold floor or a wet rag soaked in icy water.
- Pull your foot towards you, holding your toes.
Also, the well-known method is effective - to prick the gastrocnemius muscle with a pin or needle, which is preliminary important to disinfect.
These tips help to cope only with the symptoms of pathology. To cure myoclonus, you need to get rid of the disease that caused the muscle spasms. As supporting measures it is recommended:
- Include in the diet of vitamin D, B6, calcium, sodium, magnesium and potassium.
- Adhere to the norms of a balanced diet.
- Reduce the intensity or frequency of exercise, especially at bedtime.
- Wear shoes with good ankle support and optimal lift.
- In the evening make a contrasting douche gastrocnemius muscles.
- After water procedures, perform self-massage of the feet.
- Reduce the amount of sugar and caffeine in the menu.
- Several times a week doing stretching exercises for muscles.
|Want to get rid of varicose veins by the most modern method? Or for a long time you are going to remove the blue blood vessel under the eye? In both cases, a laser operation is suitable. You can get acquainted with the details of this procedure by reading our new article.||How do you remove tonsils with a laser? The otolaryngologist recommends that you remove tonsils? Do you want to perform the procedure with a laser, not a conventional scalpel? In the proposed new article you will find detailed and reliable information about laser ablation of tonsils, learn about its advantages, disadvantages and features.|
|Than to thin the blood at home? you have high blood coagulability, and you want to prevent the diseases that provoke this factor? Prevention can be done at home. In our new article you will find a list of drugs for liquefaction of blood, as well as recipes for traditional medicine.||Do you like to walk in the shade of trees, ride a bicycle along forest paths or inhale the sea air? All of the above classes contribute to tempering the body and are related to aerotherapy. Want to learn more about this method of strengthening the immune system? Read our new article.|
A source: http://WomanAdvice.ru/sudorogi-ikronozhnyh-myshc-nochyu-prichiny-lechenie
Causes of calf muscle cramps at night and their treatment
Most people at night often have muscle cramps. This phenomenon is susceptible to both the elderly and young people.
Some suffer from frequent seizures, while in others they can be for life only once.
Why cramps calf muscles and how to choose the right method of treatment? You will find answers to these questions in our article.
A cramp is called unexpected involuntary and very painful muscle contraction. At this point, the muscles are very hard to touch, because they are greatly reduced. Because of unbearable pain on the foot, the patient is unable to step.
Cramps in the calf musclesare divided into two types:
- The clonic are a short-term reduction and rapid relaxation of the muscle groups;
- Tonic contractions last from three minutes and longer, as a result of which, over time, the muscles "freeze" in one pose.
The sore throes of calf muscles that arise during sipping have a separate name - krampi. Single, rarely occurring convulsions are considered the norm. If they are of a regular nature, it is necessary to find out the cause of their occurrence and to conduct treatment.
The reasons for this can be set. The main ones are:
- deficiency or excess in the body of minerals;
- change in the whole body or only in the muscles of metabolic processes;
- impaired circulation or nerve impulse;
- wearing uncomfortable shoes or squeezing the feet of clothing;
- excessive physical strain on the gastrocnemius muscle and its extension.
Lack or excess of minerals
To change the composition of the bloodmuscle tissue reacts very sensitively.
This is explained by the active participation of chemical elements of blood in the formation of contraction of muscle tissue and the conduct of nerve impulses.
With an imbalance, and especially a deficiency in the body of magnesium, sodium, calcium or potassium, there is a night spasm of the gastrocnemius muscles.
Causes of lack or excess of minerals in the body can be different diets, unbalanced diet, insufficient fluid intake or use of boiled water only, dehydration of the body due to increased sweating.
Changes in metabolic processes
Metabolic changesarise as a result of certain diseases and conditions of the patient. These include:
- endocrine diseases;
- intoxication of the body;
- diseases accompanied by fever;
- Toxicosis of pregnant women.
All these conditions require treatment and inflammation in the body of vitamins and trace elements.
Disturbance of blood circulation
Circulation in the legs may be impaired as a resulttrauma or skeletal changes:
- birth injury;
- congenital dysplasia;
- flat feet;
- dislocation of the joint;
In these cases, the joints, and hence the muscles, are in the wrong position, as a result, the nutrition to them is bad and there are nocturnal spasms.
Lack of circulationin the legs may occur for other reasons. These include:
- chronic disorders of venous outflow due to atherosclerosis, thrombosis, frostbite, etc .;
- syndrome of the inferior vena cava;
- varicose leg disease.
Subcooling of legs
Probably everyone knows that when swimming in very cold water it reduces the muscles of the legs.
Cramps can also result in hypothermia of the feet in the frost or wet feet and fingers during the rain.
Because of the cold, there is a spasm of the venous, arterial and lymphatic vessels, the supply of muscle tissue becomes more difficult and they begin to contract involuntarily.
Inconvenient clothes and shoes
In an uncomfortable shoe or high-heeled leg, the leg is in an unnatural position and if this continues for a long time, then at night the caviar can be cramped. Eliminate the cause of spasms in this case, you can simply refusing to wear uncomfortable shoes.
Often caviar reduces due to wearingtightening clothes.
Tight jeans or a tight elastic band on the socks imparts blood vessels, there is almost no supply to the tissues and spasms appear.
Therefore, it is recommended to wear clothes only one that does not squeeze the body.
Excessive physical activity
Long exercise and unusual for the legs physical activity is often the cause of nocturnal spasms of calves. Calf muscles participate in almost any type of training. It can be jumping or running, volleyball, squats, skis, swimming, walking.
After a long sedentary lifestyle, not only intensive training, but also physical exercise in the form of a long walk on foot can provoke the appearance of muscle spasms at night.
A source: https://rodinkam.com/diagnostika/prichinyi-vozniknoveniya-sudorog-ikronozhnyih-myishts-nochyu-i-ih-lechenie
Why cramps gastrocnemius muscles at night, during pregnancy or when walking - what to do
It is known that muscle spasms and severe pain often make themselves felt unexpectedly.
The state when it reduces the leg is not pleasant, and some people have to face such a phenomenon in a dream.
This happens until the cause is found and the correct method of treatment is chosen. So why does calf muscle at night?
Why there are cramps in calves
Muscle spasms can have a different nature of origin, but their appearance definitely should be alarming and cause concern.
At risk, adolescents and people of adulthood, but the reasons why reduces the cramp calf muscles, can be absolutely different because they differ from each other by the nature of their origin: internal (a violation within the body) or external (the influence of the surrounding environment).
Physiologically, the spasm is an uncontrolled contraction accompanied by a sharp pain.
By intensity, nature of manifestation and place, spasm can take the form of an obsessive rapid movement, caused by a short-term reduction, for example, the tick of the century.
If the muscles harden, the pain syndrome is clearly pronounced, involuntary contractions are observed, then it is a tonic convulsion. This type of spasm is of a local nature and more often manifests itself in the area of calves, lower legs, less often - hips, feet.
Various factors can provoke the appearance of unpleasant sensations. Diseases of the nervous system, excessive physical exertion, unbalanced diet, lack of vitamins - that's why it reduces calves of legs at night and not only..
Predisposition to painful spasms can be inherited. Among the unexpected factors explaining why the calf muscle cramps, there are such as a loud sound or bright light..
Among traditional reasons, from which the calves of feet are reduced at night, the following are more often than others:
- deficiency of macroelements (calcium, potassium, magnesium), vitamins of groups A, B, E;
- lack of oxygen in the blood (hypoxia);
- diseases of the brain;
- trauma (craniocerebral, ancestral);
- infectious diseases accompanied by fever;
- poisoning with medical preparations;
- violation of water balance.
There is a similar form of unpleasant sensation for unknown reasons. As the most simple and plausible explanation: spasm occurs due to the impulse, which causes a contraction in the muscle, which had already been strained.
The primary (idiopathic) type includes night cramps, and more often they suffer from athletes and the elderly.
Since this type of spasm is of an unexpected nature, the following are likely causes:
- excessive physical stress causing overexertion;
- wearing weights;
- the passage of a long distance;
- long standing on the legs;
- circulatory disturbance;
- inconvenient posture;
- The process of aging, which leads to shortening of tendons.
Violations of important balances in the human body lead to malfunction and cause muscle spasms. The normal processes of the human body do not cause painful contractions.
Progressing diseases, tumors, lack of useful substances - all this serves as an explanation, why at night cramps calf muscles.
To secondary causes of the appearance of spasms, accompanied by sharp pain, are:
- a lack of magnesium, which is also evidenced by insomnia, frequent headaches, fatigue, heart disease, arthritis, tick of the century;
- a deficiency of calcium provokes a situation that in the dream reduces the gastrocnemius muscle, the nails become brittle, a decline in strength, irritability;
- anemia (iron deficiency);
- sun stroke, hypothermia, i.e., a sharp drop in body temperature;
- alcohol poisoning;
- sick vessels;
- reception of contraceptives;
What causes calves on the feet of children
Cramping in the gastrocnemius muscle at night or under other circumstances in children often occurs with an active growth of a young organism, and the second reason provoking the given problem is an active way of life restless. Along with these main reasons, a list of why the calf muscle cramps at night cramps in children includes these:
- flat feet;
- uncomfortable position of legs and prolonged stay in it;
- deficiency of vitamins.
Learn more about what is flat feet in children and how to treat it.
Why reduces the cramp of calves in pregnant women
When a woman in an interesting position in a dream reduces gastrocnemius muscle, it does not always indicate a serious health problem.
Rarely to eliminate this unpleasant symptom requires special treatment, but ignore the appearance of muscle spasms is not worth it.
Decreased appetite, toxicosis, vomiting - these are the phenomena characteristic of the first trimester, which explain why the calf muscle reduces at night.
Bearing a child is accompanied by a tremendous strain on the body and, in order to prevent an unpleasant sensation and to remove spasm, it is necessary to take vitamins in time, do massage, apply ointment, avoid sudden stretches, walk, but not for long. Pregnancy aggravates a situation when before its approach the woman had chronic diseases, for example, varicose veins, which requires a slightly different approach to solving the problem of gastrocnemius spasm with the use of medicinal preparations.
Frequent reasons why future mothers can spawn, can be the following:
- enlarged uterus, which causes a violation of blood circulation, and behind him and painful pressure on the vessels of the legs;
- swelling of tissues;
- a change in the hormonal background;
- excess weight.
: the cause of seizures in the calf muscles
A source: http://sovets.net/7287-pochemu-svodit-sudorogoj-ikronozhnye-myshcy.html