Cirrhosis of the liver is a serious disease in which the tissues of the organ are damaged and replaced by scars and nodal formations. The disease is more likely to affect men, but women do not always pass by. What are the signs of cirrhosis of the liver?
- Signs of liver cirrhosis in men
- What are the signs of women
- Symptoms of liver cirrhosis in a child
- Stages of the disease
- Diagnosis of the disease
- Treatment of cirrhosis of the liver
Ascites in liver cirrhosis: symptoms and treatment Cirrhosis of the liver at the last stage: treatment and photos of people How much can I live with cirrhosis of the 4th degree? Cirrhosis of the liver: diet and its characteristics We treat cirrhosis of the liver with simple folk remedies
Signs of liver cirrhosis in men
As representatives of the stronger sex are more susceptible to the disease, the symptoms are more varied and rapid. Cirrhosis in men is accompanied by such ailments:
- atypical weakness;
- fast fatiguability;
- increased body temperature;
- heaviness and aching joint pain.
These are the first signs of the appearance of cirrhosis. Very often the disease manifests itself in men from alcohol. Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages adversely affects the functioning of organs and there is alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver. Alcoholics have such external symptoms:
- vomiting with blood after eating, especially greasy and fried;
- swelling of lower extremities and abdominal cavity;
- yellowing of the skin and mucous membranes;
- small blood stains on the body.
Here's how to recognize cirrhosis of the liver by external signs in men.
Important to remember!Men who regularly encounter toxic chemicals should undergo a preventive check at least once a year! Especially those in which professional activity is related to industrial production.
What are the signs of women
Female representatives are not so often affected by this disease. But, nevertheless, it occurs. The main signs of liver damage are manifested as follows:
- violation of the menstrual cycle;
- an increase in the abdominal cavity due to the accumulation of fluid in it;
- loss of reproductive capacity;
- frequent headaches.
Just like in men, women develop jaundice on the skin and eye proteins.
Symptoms of liver cirrhosis in a child
Disease in children occurs due to toxic poisoning and previous diseases of the digestive system. Also genetic predisposition plays an important role. Children's cirrhosis is accompanied by such symptoms:
- jaundice is the main manifestation of cirrhosis in children;
- allergic rashes, accompanied by severe itching;
- sharp weight loss;
- loss of appetite;
- the appearance of a venous network in the abdominal cavity;
- gastrointestinal bleeding.
On such symptoms, parents, of course, react immediately. Therefore, cirrhosis in childhood is treated quite easily and the consequences of the disease does not cause.
Important to remember!Do not treat your child yourself! Lost at this time can translate the disease into a more difficult stage.
Stages of the disease
The disease develops slowly enough. There are such stages:
- Compensation stage. Signs of cirrhosis of the liver at an early stage are absent, the organ actively functions, as it struggles with the inflammatory process.
- Stage of subcompensation. Primary symptoms are manifested, which are similar to many other diseases. Therefore, not everyone begins to fight the disease in this period.
- The stage of decompensation. There are such signs of decompensation: jaundice, hepatic coma, bleeding. The symptoms of the last stage pose a particular danger. Disease can lead to fatal consequences. During this period, an urgent hospitalization of the patient for immediate treatment under the close attention of specialists is required.
Important to remember!The last stage of liver cirrhosis has many complications!
The stage of decompensation can lead to such dangerous consequences:
- Violation of the normal circulation of the liver. This leads to varicose veins in the esophagus, the appearance of bleeding in the abdominal cavity.
- Exacerbation of ulcers in the stomach and duodenum. This also causes internal bleeding, as well as impaired functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Ascites. Disease, which causes metabolic disorders and changes in blood flow. The main signs of ascites are fluid formation in the abdominal cavity and edema.
- Serious infectious diseases. There is a defeat of the genitourinary system. There may be purulent peritonitis.
- Liver cancer.
- Coma of the liver.
Therefore it is very important to get rid of cirrhosis as soon as possible.
Diagnosis of the disease
If you experience certain ailments, you should immediately consult a doctor. Immediately the doctor is unable to detect cirrhosis. For this purpose a number of such events are held:
- A detailed interview of the patient. The doctor finds out the age, lifestyle, the patient's activity. Also important information is the presence of previous diseases and genetic predisposition. The patient describes in detail his complaints.
- Inspection of the patient. The doctor examines the abdominal cavity, carefully probes her. Also, special attention is paid to skin integuments. The signs on the skin are manifested in the form of blood stains and the presence of jaundice.
- General analysis of urine and blood. Helps detect inflammatory processes in the body. Urine with cirrhosis has a dark color
- Biochemical analyzes. Identify abnormalities that are characteristic of this disease.
- Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity organs. It determines the increase in the size of the liver and spleen. Such a study helps in the detection of cancer.
- CT scan. Determines the location of a malignant tumor on the liver.
If you can not accurately determine the cirrhosis, the specialist assigns some more specific diagnostic methods.
Important to remember!Only the doctor can correctly decipher the results of the studies! Independently to assume or to begin treatment is dangerous not only for health, but also for life.
Treatment of cirrhosis of the liver
Since there is no panacea for this disease, all procedures are aimed at restoring the normal functioning of the hepatic system. Treatment is carried out in a complex way, includes the following stages:
- Limitation of physical and psychoemotional loads. It is best to comply with bed rest.
- Diet. Proper nutrition will help drugs to act more effectively. Also, proper nutrition will improve well-being.
- Reception of medicines. They are aimed at removing pain and other symptoms, and also have a beneficial effect on the performance of the liver. Antibiotics are required for the elimination of inflammatory processes. It is necessary to adhere strictly to the treatment regimen to avoid possible complications.
- Rejection of bad habits. About smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages must be forgotten forever. This will help to avoid the chronic form of the disease.
Important to remember!Compliance with the recommendations of a doctor will help get rid of the disease in a short time!
A healthy lifestyle is the main preventive method of any disease. Cirrhosis is no exception. In order to avoid liver damage, you should stop using alcohol and other addictions. It is very important to eliminate or limit the effects of poisonous or chemical substances that can cause disease.