1Prevention of osteochondrosis
- 1.1Treatment and prevention of osteochondrosis: basic principles
- 1.2The main elements of prevention
- 1.3Diet for prevention of osteochondrosis
- 1.4Physical Exercises to Prevent Disease
- 1.5Prophylaxis of cervical osteochondrosis: basic rules
- 1.6How to avoid development of thoracic and lumbar osteochondrosis
2Prevention of osteochondrosis: prevent the development of the disease
- 2.1Basics of prevention of cervical osteochondrosis
- 2.2What is the prevention of lumbar osteochondrosis?
- 2.3The role of physical activity in the prevention of osteochondrosis
- 2.4Nutrition and prevention
- 2.5The effect of massage
3How to Treat Osteochondrosis and Preventive Measures of Disease
- 3.1Causes of osteochondrosis
- 3.2The most probable causes of this pathological condition are:
- 3.3Symptoms of osteochondrosis
- 3.4Treatment of osteochondrosis
- 3.5With an exacerbation of osteochondrosis, doctors prescribe the following drugs:
- 3.6Prevention of disease
- 4Types of osteochondrosis. Symptoms, treatment and prevention
5Exercises for the prevention of osteochondrosis of the cervical and lumbosacral spine
- 5.1Principles of preventive treatment of the spine
- 5.2Methods of prevention of osteochondrosis
- 5.3Organization of the regime of work and rest
- 5.4Correct sleep
- 5.5How to sleep with osteochondrosis
- 5.6How to properly lift and carry weights
- 5.7Balanced diet
- 5.8Physical activity
- 5.10Exercises for the cervical department
- 5.11With thoracic
- 5.12For lumbar
Prevention of osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis is a disease that is caused by a combination of factors: a genetic predisposition, a way of life of a person, environmental conditions.
It is often manifested by severe pain, which limits the motor activity of the patient. In neglected cases, it can lead to the need for prompt intervention and even disability.
Preventing a negative scenario allows the prevention of the disease: it reduces the risk of its occurrence or helps to speed up the course of treatment.
Treatment and prevention of osteochondrosis: basic principles
Prevention of disease and its treatment are inextricably linked with each other, because they are aimed at improving the quality of life of the patient. They are based on three basic principles:
- physical activity (the patient must perform moderate physical activity);
- elimination of pain (for this in most cases non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used);
- improvement of the state of the cartilaginous tissue (chondroprotectors help to do this).
If a patient has a hernia, surgical intervention may be required, the decision of which should be taken by a doctor's consultation.
The main elements of prevention
If the timely prevention of the disease, its treatment may not be required. The question should be approached in a complex way:
- limit weight lifting (less than 10 kg);
- to carry loads only symmetrically (distributing mass on both hands);
- follow your diet, adhere to a special diet;
- perform simple physical exercises aimed at strengthening the spine, muscles and joints;
- regularly engage in swimming;
- try not to sit for a long time in one pose;
- take biological active supplements containing mucopolysaccharides (these elements are part of the cartilage tissue).
If you do sedentary work, then take regular breaks. Every hour and a half, get up from the table and perform simple exercises that relieve the tension of the muscles of the neck and back.
Try to sit at the table correctly: straighten your back, and relax your shoulders. Choose such chairs, the back of which can provide maximum support to the spine: so he can relax and rest.
Prevention of osteochondrosis of the spine is a less complicated task than its further treatment. Take care of your time and energy and think about your health before it reminds you of yourself.
Diet for prevention of osteochondrosis
Prevention of the disease is largely due to proper nutrition. Do not overeat: extra pounds mean an increase in the load on the spine. Try to include in your diet products that are rich in chondroprotectors:
- fruit jelly;
- other dishes, which contain gelatin.
Gelatin is useful for osteochondrosis. The number of favorite "delicacies" for our spine are: strawberries, raspberries, apples, pears, grapes, lentils, hazelnuts, Jerusalem artichoke. Drink more water: with osteochondrosis, dehydration of the cartilaginous tissue takes place. In the autumn-spring period, additional vitaminization of food is important. You should take a multivitamin in the usual dosage.
To avoid the development of the disease, you should abandon foods rich in salt and preservatives: it is proved that they have a disastrous effect on the cartilaginous tissue.
Physical Exercises to Prevent Disease
Physical activity is an important element in the prevention of osteochondrosis.
Especially effective are stretching exercises, as they help strengthen the muscular corset surrounding the spine, and thereby reduce the chance of squeezing the nerve endings.
Experts recommend swimming, cycling. Jumping or running is also welcome, but with the choice of quality sports shoes.
There are a large number of exercise complexes developed for the prevention and treatment of osteochondrosis. Most of them do not take much time: just 10-15 minutes a day, you will feel great and stay healthy.
Here are a set of exercises that will help prevent the development of pathologies in all parts of the spine:
- Raise your hands and reach for them, then lower them.
- Holding on to the support, rise to the toes as high as possible, then lower.
- Stand straight, spread your legs to the width of your shoulders. Put your hands on your waist and pull your elbows back as far as possible. You should feel how your shoulder blades are moving. Return to the starting position.
- Walk on the spot, lifting your knees high.
- Put your feet to the width of your shoulders, lower your arms along the body. Lean in different directions, your hands should "stretch" to the floor.
- From the same starting position, turn the case either to the right or to the left. Relax your hands completely, let them "overwhelm" the body in response to your movements.
- Standing on the floor, rotate your hands in a circle.
Biking with osteochondrosis is very useful
This complex of exercises is suitable for the prevention of various types of osteochondrosis. To treat the disease, exercise therapy is selected on a case-by-case basis.
Prophylaxis of cervical osteochondrosis: basic rules
To prevent the occurrence of the disease, try to learn a few simple habits:
- Do not tell: overweight increases the burden on the spine;
- love swimming: once a week visit the pool, bathe in the sea, river or other pond;
- Do not sit for a long time in one pose;
- Do not carry a bag on the same shoulder (this recommendation is especially relevant for women);
- do not slouch or bend low over the work surface;
- sit at the table directly;
- sleep on an orthopedic pillow or on a simply comfortable bed (it should not be high).
Prevention of cervical osteochondrosis is very important, because the disease gives serious complications and is difficult to treat. Useful habits will help you reduce the risk of its development.
How to avoid development of thoracic and lumbar osteochondrosis
The first and only rule for those who do not want to face osteochondrosis of the thoracic region is an active lifestyle.
So you can keep the spine in tone, your muscles will get rid of overexertion. To be healthy, you need very little: daily morning exercises and frequent walks in the fresh air.
Prevention of osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine involves compliance with the following rules:
- keep your lower back warm, try not to chill it;
- Do not wear weights (maximum - 10 kg);
- if you lift something heavy, do not make jerks and sudden movements;
- exercise (at least several times a week);
- watch for the correct posture;
- Do not be in the same position for a long time, take breaks during work;
- give up any physical work in an inclined position. If you are going to lift the weight or, for example, wash the floor, sit down.
A source: http://lechuspinu.ru/osteohondroz/profilaktika-osteohondroza.html
Prevention of osteochondrosis: prevent the development of the disease
Osteochondrosis is characterized by the development of the pathological process in the intervertebral discs, it is considered the main cause of back pain and causes a lot of inconvenience. The disease occurs in 85% of the population and even carries the name "disease of the century". What is the reason for such a wide spread of pathology?
A sedentary lifestyle, working at a computer, driving a car, improper diet, frequent stress - all these factors often accompany the modern person in everyday life, they are also powerful stimulants for the development of osteochondrosis.
It is almost impossible to avoid this, but slowing the pathological process in the intervertebral discs and joints will not be difficult. Prevention of osteochondrosis of the spine is fairly easy and does not require any special skills, so it is completely accessible to everyone.
Let's try to figure out what elements it consists of and what it is based on.
Basics of prevention of cervical osteochondrosis
In comparison with other departments of the spine, the cervical - consists of small vertebrae, which are surrounded by a weak muscle layer, a large number of nerve plexuses and blood vessels. Moreover, it is the most mobile. Such anatomical features predispose to the rapid development of osteochondrosis in the cervical spine.
The main and most common cause of cervical osteochondrosis is a sedentary image life, therefore, in order to prevent its occurrence, it is first of all important to monitor the motor activity. But there are a number of other factors that need to be addressed, too. So, what are the bases for the prevention of cervical osteochondrosis?
- Do not lift weights. Women are contraindicated with loads over 5 kg. For men it is not desirable to lift weights from 10 kg.
- Perform special physical exercises to strengthen the muscular corset.
- Do not sit long in one position. If you work long hours at the computer, you need to allocate every 5 minutes for massaging and neck warming every hour.
- It is important to monitor your posture. With stoop, an uneven load distribution occurs, which affects the entire vertebral column negatively, and, in particular, the cervical spine.
- It is impossible to tolerate the development of chronic infections of the ENT organs, processes that are launched in the outbreaks inflammation, reduce the overall resistance of the body, as well as disrupt metabolic processes in tissues and ligaments neck.
- It is necessary to monitor your weight and eat right. Excess weight provokes rapid wear of intervertebral joints, because The total burden on the vertebral column of the complete people is not distributed correctly.
It should be understood that cervical osteochondrosis, like any other disease, is much more difficult to cure than to prevent its appearance. Therefore, it is important to pay enough attention to the prevention of the development of this pathology.
What is the prevention of lumbar osteochondrosis?
The lumbar spine consists of 5 vertebrae. It is this part of the spine that takes on daily heavy loads, so the bodies of the lumbar vertebrae are the largest.
In addition, the lumbar region is quite mobile, which increases the wear of the intervertebral discs and gradually leads to osteochondrosis.
In order to avoid this, it is necessary to follow a few simple rules, which include the prevention of lumbar osteochondrosis:
- It is necessary to protect the lower back from hypothermia.
- Lifting the gravity, you need to distribute the load on both hands and press it closer to the body, while you can not make sudden movements, jerks.
- You can not sit for a long time in one position, it is important to change your posture frequently and follow your posture.
- Try to avoid inclined positions, including when cleaning the house. If you need to raise something, you have to sit down.
- It is important not to allow a sedentary lifestyle and to give daily time to useful physical activity: rhythmic walking, gymnastics, dancing, swimming.
Osteochondrosis does not appear suddenly, it develops over the years, and sometimes even decades, so prevention osteochondrosis of the lumbar department should be regular and all its rules should be observed starting with a young age.
The role of physical activity in the prevention of osteochondrosis
If the muscles of the back and neck are sufficiently trained, the spine can be much easier to keep the trunk in the correct position, the load on all its departments will decrease, the probability of squeezing the nerve endings will decrease, and the intervertebral discs will not wear out so fast. At the same time it is not necessary to go to gyms and exhaust yourself with sports, just add a little motor activity to your daily life:
- A very good preventive basis for maintaining the spine in an optimal condition is walking. To start small enough distances, about 1 km, then, as you become accustomed to the load, it is desirable to increase the distance to 5 km;
- jogging, too, gives a lot of positive results: involves a large number of muscles, increases their tone, eliminates spasms. But it is important to pay enough attention to choosing the right footwear for running, because otherwise you can get hurt instead of good;
- increase blood circulation, increase muscle tone and just improve the mood will help dance or gymnastics to music. It's enough to give 20-30 minutes a day to this lesson and the result will not be long in coming;
- separately worth noting swimming. The benefits of swimming for the spine can not be overestimated. It most quickly and completely relaxes the spine and relieves it of unnecessary tension.
But in any physical activity it is important to stick to the golden mean, because Excessive muscle tension can have a negative effect on the spine.
If you lead an active lifestyle, performing daily exercises and walking on the fresh air, you can significantly improve the condition of the spine and remove pain syndromes.
For charging, with the purpose of prevention and treatment of osteochondrosis, many different sets of exercises have been developed. All of them are easy to perform, do not require special training, and they take very little time.
And now we learn what exercises are most effective for the prevention of osteochondrosis:
- Stand upright, feet shoulder-width apart. On inhalation, raise your hands and maximally stretch, up. On exhalation, lean forward and stretch.
- Press your hands to the trunk, standing straight, and lean to the right, then to the left, sliding your hands along the body.
- Standing directly on the socks and holding on to the support, maximally rise and fall.
- Make a circular rotation with the lower part of the trunk.
- Standing straight, make circular rotational movements with both hands.
- Walk on the spot, lifting your knees as high as possible.
- Standing straight, lower your arms along the trunk. Turn the body then to the right, then to the left, while the hands must be relaxed.
Exercises are simple and understandable, take only about 15 minutes of time, so making them daily is not difficult, and the benefits will be significant for the entire vertebral column. Prevention of osteochondrosis of the cervical segment includes several more exercises aimed at relieving stress from the vertebrae of the neck:
- Stand up straight and lower your shoulders, slowly turn your head first to the left, then to the right.
- Tilt your head back, then slowly and gradually lower it forward until your chin touches your chest.
- Maximally lower your head, your chin should rest against your chest. In this position, turn the head first to the left, then to the right.
Nutrition and prevention
Prevention of osteochondrosis development is largely due to proper nutrition. It is important to monitor not only the quality of food, but also the quantity, because overeating leads to excess weight, and he, in turn, to an increased burden on the spine.
In order to maximize the health of the back and neck, the diet should be varied and full.
It is necessary to maintain a balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, to monitor the presence in the food in sufficient quantities of plant fiber and water, tk.
with osteochondrosis, dehydration of the cartilaginous tissue between the vertebrae occurs.
In food, it is recommended to use a large number of products containing magnesium, calcium and B vitamins, namely:
- sea fish and seafood;
- dairy products: cheese, cottage cheese, yoghurt;
- nuts and seeds;
In addition, to maintain the spine in an optimal state, you often need to eat the following fruits, berries and vegetables:
- apples and pears;
- raspberries and strawberries;
- pumpkin and Jerusalem artichoke;
- soy and lettuce.
Prevention of osteochondrosis in the off-season in terms of nutrition is marked by the need for additional intake of vitamin-mineral complexes.
And in order to support cartilage tissue, you can include in the diet dishes and foods rich in special substances - chondroprotectors.
The effect of massage
Massage is a special method of physical influence on the human body, as a result of which there is an improvement general well-being, tonus increases and vitality grows, thus it is possible to get rid of certain painful symptoms.
Various massage techniques are used in the complex treatment of many diseases of the spine and not only.
Also, often massage is used and as a preventive measure to prevent the appearance of osteochondrosis.
In this case, it is able to improve blood circulation and lymph flow, enhance metabolic processes in muscle tissues, stop stagnant processes.
The main effects of massage, which contribute to the prevention of osteochondrosis, are:
- strengthening of the muscular corset, leading to stabilization of the spine;
- improvement of blood circulation, tissues are better saturated with nutrients and oxygen;
- kneading muscles leads to their relaxation and release of tension;
- pain syndromes are eliminated.
To maximize the positive effect of the massage, it is necessary that it is performed by a qualified specialist. The duration of the procedure can be from 7 to 12 minutes, and there should be no feelings of pain or discomfort.
In order not to face such a disease as osteochondrosis - prevention should be regular and comprehensive. After all, a disease that at first glance does not seem particularly serious can greatly worsen the quality of life.
Possible complications of osteochondrosis, in the form of pinched nerve or vessel, can lead to disastrous consequences, for example, disability or even death.
Therefore, it is so important to lead an active lifestyle, eat right and do not abuse harmful habits.
A source: https://osystavax.ru/bolezni/osteohondroz/profilaktika.html
How to Treat Osteochondrosis and Preventive Measures of Disease
Indeed, animals do not suffer from this disease, only a person suffers from it, who received such an ailment as a reward for the opportunity to walk on two legs.
Today, osteochondrosis is rapidly getting younger, doctors are talking about 20-30 year old young people who ask for help with just one question: "How to treat osteochondrosis?". We will tell in detail about this disease.
Causes of osteochondrosis
Initially, it should be said that osteochondrosis is a disease of the spine, namely, damage to the articular cartilage, as well as the underlying bone tissue.
Just cartilage and should provide flexibility and mobility to the spine, but for some reason they can attenuate, lose their elastic properties and deform under the pressure of others vertebrae.
The most probable causes of this pathological condition are:
- hereditary predisposition;
- weakness of the muscular corset;
- passive lifestyle;
- metabolic disease;
- mechanical trauma of the spine.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis
It is worth saying that this disease is too extensive symptomatology. Deformation of the cartilaginous tissue can be observed in the lumbar, thoracic or cervical region, and in each of these cases the symptoms of osteochondrosis can vary.
However, common symptoms for the disease include symptoms such as back pain, which gives in the arm, leg or region of the heart, stiffness of the spine, numbness of the limbs, "crawling".
It is important to start treating the disease as soon as possible, because the disease can go into the hernia of the spine.
Treatment of osteochondrosis
As in the case of other diseases, this illness can be treated conservatively or expeditiously. The operation is resorted to in extreme cases, when osteochondrosis provokes the appearance of a hernia of the spine, which compresses the blood vessels leading to the brain, and threatens atrophy of the extremities.
In the vast majority of cases, treatment is reduced to getting rid of recurring seizures, as well as therapy aimed at stimulating the recovery process in cartilage tissues.
With an exacerbation of osteochondrosis, doctors prescribe the following drugs:
- analgesics (Reopirin, No-shpa, Analgin);
- antispasmodics (Baclofen, Miolastan);
- anti-inflammatory drugs (Movalis, Voltaren, Naise);
- antioxidants (Mexidol, Tocopherol);
- stimulants of microcirculation (Actovegin, Trental, nicotinic acid).
To get rid of unpleasant sensations at an osteochondrosis classical massage helps which removes painful muscle spasms and improves blood supply of tissues.
Even more effective is the method of manual therapy, in which the experienced doctor restores the normal relationship between the vertebrae.
The main thing is that such manipulations are carried out by a qualified specialist, otherwise the procedures can only worsen the patient's condition.
By the way, if there is a spinal hernia, manual therapy is not performed.
Reflexotherapy, which should include acupressure and acupuncture, is an effective method of combating developing osteochondrosis. In such ways, you can achieve significant improvement in blood circulation, normalize the autonomic nervous system and the work of internal organs.
Prevention of disease
Knowing how to treat osteochondrosis, it is worthwhile to understand that competent prevention plays a key role in fighting this disease. It is necessary to monitor the condition of the spine.
First of all, preventive measures include gymnastics aimed at maintaining the mobility of the spinal column. In addition, swimming is useful, which strengthens the muscles of the back and helps restore the spacing between the vertebrae.
Important correct posture, you can not stoop or stoop, you need to use as often as possible possibility to hang on a horizontal bar in order to stretch the spine (only to jump off sharply with it can not be). No less important is the position of the body during sleep.
Experts say that it is better to sleep on your back. The correct solution will be the use of an orthopedic mattress.
If you have to stand or sit for a long time, you need to take breaks for several minutes, every 2 hours.
During a short pause, you need to relax the body, do light exercises, walk around, preferably ventilate the room.
When carrying heavy weights, try to distribute the weight evenly, and not to wear in one hand.
Follow the diet, it should be a balanced and rich in vitamins to prevent metabolic disorders. Fish and seafood are useful, one should eat dairy products, nuts, beans. Excess weight is disastrous for the spine, so it's important not to overeat.
A source: https://www.ja-zdorov.ru/blog/kak-lechit-osteoxondroz-i-mery-profilaktiki-bolezni/
Types of osteochondrosis. Symptoms, treatment and prevention
The word "osteochondrosis" is formed from two Greek - "osteo" and "chondros which means "bone" and "cartilage." However, osteochondrosis is understood as the lesions of not any cartilage, but only the spine.
Types of osteochondrosis are distinguished in the place of injury.When compressing the spine, there is pressure on the intervertebral discs, which are a shock absorber for the vertebrae.
Thanks to these disks, the spine can withstand painless pain.
Intervertebral discThis is a dense ring of cartilage and a semi-liquid core. With age, the intervertebral discs cease to be elastic, and then the pressure falls on the nerve endings. Hence the pain and swelling.
The appearance of osteochondrosis can lead to internal and external causes.Internal refers togenetic location and disruption of intrauterine development of the spine.
To external -incorrect distribution of loads on the back, which leads to excessive pressure on the cartilaginous tissue, stoop and curvature of the spine.
And the main, but hidden from the eyes cause ismalnutrition.
It would seem that unites varicose veins, osteochondrosis, obesity and cellulite? Medicine views these diseases as completely different.
Nevertheless, it is these three diseases that published three books - "Varicose "Obesity and Cellulite" and "Osteochondrosis written by Doctor of Medicine AA. Alekseev.
In the works, he proves that all three diseases are a consequence of one - the weakness of connective tissue. Therefore, if a person has a manifestation of one of them, then two others will necessarily appear.
Paying attention to the treatment of these diseases, and in particular of osteochondrosis, do not forget thatthe root cause is the weakness of the connective tissue.
Removing acute symptoms of the disease, it is necessary to treat the disease itself. It also manifests itself in the fact that the body, because of insufficient supply of necessary elements, synthesizes weak cells.
This situation can greatly exacerbate a diet or monotonous food.
In the human body, cells are born and die every day. At all the term: the cage of a skin lives 28 days, a cage of a bone - half a year, a chondrocyte - one and a half year. This is a loop that runs non-stop.
Your body is a builder, and it will build your fabrics from those building materials that were brought to him. And if the brick was brought, and the cement - no, the body will still build. But as a result, he will build a house that quickly collapses.
Not receiving the necessary nutrition, the body produces weak cells.
And in order to support the construction of strong cells, thought upvitamin-mineral complex based on royal jelly - "Apitonus P".
This smart complex will support you from the inside and help to solve a number of problems associated with osteochondrosis.
- The key symptom is pain syndrome. The pain occurs not only in the back, but also the shoulders, arms, chest, depending on where the nerve was clamped.
- Numbness and muscle aches.
- If as a result of osteochondrosis the blood vessels that feed the brain are squeezed, there is pain in the head, accompanied by noise in the ears, nausea, fainting.
- Stiffness in the movements.
- The appearance of salts.
- Lowering of skin temperature in lower limbs.
there isthree types of osteochondrosis, which differ in the place of deformation of intervertebral discs, as well as with symptoms.
Lumbarosteochondrosisis the most common. The pain begins in the lumbar region and can be given to the lower leg or thigh. It becomes impossible to bend or turn over lying, the pain becomes stronger even when coughing or sneezing.
Cervical osteochondrosissecond most popular. It is accompanied by a cutting pain in the neck, passing into the nape, sometimes in the arm or forearm. It is hard for a patient to move his head. This type of osteochondrosis is the most dangerous, since the arteries feeding the brain are jammed.
Thoracic osteochondrosis.Its main sign - intercostal pains - is often mistaken for the symptoms of other diseases, for example, cardiac. Also, with chest osteochondrosis, skin can be peeled and nails can be broken.
These two diseases are different in their symptoms, but similar in origin - the violation of mineral metabolism. The strength of bone tissue depends on its chemical composition, the amount of calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D and other components.
If there is a deficiency of these substances, the bones become brittle, there are pains in the spine, that is, osteochondrosis. With the appearance of cavities in the bones, osteoporosis develops.
Therefore, the main thing in the treatment of these two diseases is to establish a mineral metabolism, to restore the balance of the necessary substances.
The patient is examined by a neurologist who recognizes the characteristics of complaints and examines the spine in different positions: standing, lying and sitting.
The doctor examines the patient's posture, body structure, contours of shoulder blades, forearms, muscle relief, which are next to the spine.
Using a special scheme, the level of damage to the spine is measured.
For detailed analysis and specific diagnosis, the patient is assigned to undergo an X-ray examination, computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with the help of surgery for removal of hernias is carried out in exceptional cases, and more often such operations are meaningless, since these operations do not eliminate the cause of the disease and after a while the hernia crawls elsewhere. Therefore, as a rule, patients are assigned conservative methods:
- Medication Therapy- its task is to relieve inflammation and pain syndrome.
- Elimination of connective tissue weakness- for the synthesis of healthy cells "Apitonus P" (2 tab. 3 times a day), for the synthesis of chondrocytes "Dandelion P" (2 tab. 3 times a day), for the birth of bone cells "Osteomed" (2 tab. in the morning and 3 tab. at night). Here you need to understand that the treatment is long, but there is no alternative. The explanation is simple. In the periosteum, a reserve of nondifferentiated bone cells is concentrated, which can become either chondrocytes or bone marrow. The dandelion plant contains a substance that promotes the birth of chondrocytes, which restores the cartilaginous tissue. "Osteomed" is necessary for the birth of new bone cells, which allows replacing those cells that have gone to the chondrocytes. And "Apitonus" is necessary for nutrition of both cells. Therefore, everything is important in the complex.
- Physiotherapy, working on correction of the muscular corset, decompression of nerve roots, improvement of blood circulation, normalization of metabolism and nutrition of intervertebral discs.
- Physiotherapy, at which physical factors are used. This can be the effect of current, magnets or ultrasound. Such methods relieve inflammation and shorten the terms of rehabilitation.
- Massagealso effectively reduces pain, improves blood circulation and helps relieve tension.
- Extension of the spine.The task is to increase the distance between the vertebrae by stretching the muscles and ligaments, that is, to restore the anatomically correct shape of the spine. For this, special equipment is used, the simplest of which is a horizontal bar.
- ReflexologyIt is widely used for the treatment of osteochondrosis. There are various methods of influencing acupuncture points.
- Shock Wave Therapy. (In Penza, such procedures are done in the medical center "Secrets of longevity" at: ul. Friendship, 21.
Osteochondrosis starts to develop usually after 30 years, but it is necessary to take preventive measures at a young age.
- Correct posture is the guarantee of correct distribution of loads on the spine.
- Gymnastics. The simplest exercises to strengthen the back can significantly reduce the likelihood of osteochondrosis. People who lead a sedentary lifestyle, must necessarily take breaks, during which you can remove the static load from the spine.
- Proper nutrition. Excess weight is a factor that contributes to the appearance of osteochondrosis. Therefore, the food should be balanced, including all the elements necessary for mineral metabolism. If you understand that the balance of your nutrition leaves much to be desired and you are at risk of developing osteochondrosis or osteoporosis, take the preventive course "Osteomed". It does not contain vitamin D3, which makes it safe to use.
- Prevention of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. All diseases are closely related, so the presence of one can provoke another disease associated with a violation of the mineral metabolism. People who are at risk of osteochondrosis should undergo regular examinations once a year.
- My grandmother is 74 years old. There is no osteoporosis, there is osteopenia. Therefore, we do not relax. Previously, they bought her an advertised calcium drug, hoping that her bones would become stronger. But after she broke her hand, they realized that such treatment does not suit us. One of the experts to us all the same prompted the osteoprotector, who approached his grandmother - "Osteomed Forte." Prior to this, somehow did not trust domestic drugs, but this did not disappoint us. For four months, the mineral density of her bones increased, so we will continue to maintain the health of my grandmother.
- They say that osteoporosis is a disease of the elderly. And I have a secondary osteoporosis, which developed after taking glucocorticoid hormones, which I was treated with bronchial asthma. I did not know that my bones are thinning until repeated fractures began. On the Internet, I read that the "Osteomed" diet is good. The composition pleased - all natural, no chemistry. I drank two courses and went to check the state of mineral density. The result surpassed my expectations - the cavity, which formed in the bone due to the washing out of calcium, closed.
- - "Osteomed" surprised not only me, but also my attending physician. When I was diagnosed with osteoporosis, there were already two fractures. The doctor prescribed a calcium supplement. I regularly drank, but no results. And then I learned that, it turns out, a lot of calcium is not safe for the heart. At the same time, one friend told me that she was very helped by "Osteomed". I bought it and started drinking it. And a month ago she took a picture, the doctor noticed that the bones became noticeably denser and asked what I was taking. I will take "Osteomed" further.
- - "Osteomed" we drink the whole family. Mom - because of pains in the shoulders, I was treating the thigh. Several months I drank 2 tablets a day - and the bones were strengthened, and the muscles ceased to hurt. But this is not the first calcium preparation that we bought. Just the rest did not help at all, it only got worse.
- - It is not uncommon for a patient to have a serious periodontal lesion of the peri-toothed tissue or a very loose bone of the jaw caused by a deficiency of calcium. In these cases, in addition to traditional treatment, I also designate "Osteomed in which calcium citrate and drone homogenate, that is the known formula of healthy bones - calcium + vitamin D. Ismailova Oksana Dmitrievna, dentist-therapist:
- - Complex "Osteomed" showed good results in the treatment of fractures due to the regulation of calcium metabolism. I prescribe this biological active supplement with a goal to shorten the period of recovery of bone after a fracture, especially if it is a serious fracture, for example, the spine or neck of the thigh. "Osteomed" accelerates the overgrowth of the fracture on average by two weeks. Prokhorov Mikhail Dmitrievich, orthopedist, traumatologist:
- Consultations Ask your questions and get qualified answers from specialists
- Questions-answersSee questions from our readers and answers to them from specialists
- Recovering history Read real history of application of ostomed for the treatment and prevention of various bone diseases
A source: http://osteomed.su/vidy-osteoxondroza/
Exercises for the prevention of osteochondrosis of the cervical and lumbosacral spine
In the modern world, 80% of people turn to specialists with back pain. A rather dangerous complication of osteochondrosis is the intervertebral hernia, accompanied by constant pain.
The majority of patients with a diagnosis of osteochondrosis are young people, whose life is spent at the computer, in the office and behind the wheel.
Pathology affects people of different professions and different ages. Doctors point out, in order to avoid treatment, it is enough to follow preventive measures, walk a lot, swim, perform therapeutic exercises.
Principles of preventive treatment of the spine
- Protect the spine from bruises and possible mechanical injuries, and avoid exposure to low temperatures.
- Exclude a long stay in one position.
- The choice of special orthopedic furniture. It concerns the choice of table, chair, mattress and pillow.
- The choice of safe, quality clothing and shoes. You can not wear too narrow clothing, as a result, the process of blood circulation is disrupted. Contraindicated high, thin heels.
- Competent lifting of the load and its wearing.
- Correction of the power system.
- Physical activity and physical exercise.
- Rejection of bad habits.
- Refusal of hot baths.
Methods of prevention of osteochondrosis
In the situation with osteochondrosis, it is true that the regular observance of preventive measures will save the patient from going through a long course of therapy.
With regard to preventive measures, they are determined individually, depending on the type of pathology and focus of development.
Prophylaxis of cervical osteochondrosis:
This type of osteochondrosis is the most complex type of pathology, requiring long and difficult treatment.
- Try to normalize weight (if there are extra pounds) and adjust the regime and diet.
- Give preference to water sports.
- During lessons, it is a monotonous task to change your position and rest more often.
- Do not create artificially asymmetric - do not carry the load on one shoulder.
Prevention of osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral department:
This type of pathology requires compliance with certain preventive measures.
- Do not overcool the lower back.
- Competently approach the issue of lifting weights.
- Adhere to the correct posture.
- Sports are important.
- Remember that working in an inclined position is dangerous.
Prevention of osteochondrosis of the thoracic region:
With this diagnosis, it is important to add useful and safe for the back sports. This will help the spine to maintain the tone, the muscles will be freed from excessive load.
Organization of the regime of work and rest
The modern world dictates its living conditions, many today work in offices, sitting at the computer. Proper organization of the workplace is one of the main preventive measures for back disease.
- The height of the countertop can not exceed 70 cm, the error is allowed, but minimal.
- When choosing an armchair, give preference to the lifting and turning structure with armrests. The back should be rigid, with the function of adjusting the slope and height. It is better if the model is equipped with rollers. The height of the chair should allow the legs to always stand on the floor.
- The keyboard should be below the elbows.
- Shoulder and forearm should form an angle of at least 120 degrees.
- The view should rest on the upper border of the monitor.
If you had to sit in an uninterrupted position for three hours, rest should be twenty minutes. At this time it is better to do certain exercises, get up from the chair, walk, stretch the muscles, perform the slopes.
If the situation allows, you need to lie on your back or press your back against the wall with the back of your neck, shoulder blades and buttocks and fix for a few minutes.
When pathology is important to organize for the body the right rest, it will help to avoid morning headaches and not suffer from sleep disorders.
As a result of complications of pathology, disruptions in the activity of the brain develop.
How to sleep with osteochondrosis
For a full rest of the back and neck it is important not just to go to bed, you need to take the right pose.
- On the back with half-bent legs.The waist is stressed if the body is fully straightened.
- On the side.One shoulder rests on the mattress, the head is completely on the pillow.
- Pose of the "embryo".Guarantees the best rest for the spine. Lying on one side, legs bend at the knees and pull up to the chest. For comfort, you can put a cushion under the upper knee.
Many experts recommend to give up sleep on the abdomen, in this case the neck muscles experience constant tension.Harmful to sleep on a soft mattress and on a hard floor.
How to properly lift and carry weights
Incorrectly lifted loads can cause severe spinal injuries, even in healthy people. With pathology, it is necessary to follow the recommendations of specialists, because taking care of one's own health is a priority issue for every patient.
So, how to properly lift the load and carry it.
- Stand in front of the load, face to side movement. One leg is located slightly in front, this will give the body a fixed stability.
- Bend the legs, but keep the back straight.
- Then it should be understood - whether you are able to carry a load of such weight. For this, the subject must be taken by hand and shaken between the knees.
- If you can carry a load, lift it higher, pressing it to yourself. Remember that by increasing the distance between the object and the body, you increase pressure on the spine. Breathing should remain free.
- To lower the load to the ground, you need to bend your knees, but do not bend over. The entire load is distributed between the legs, hips, buttocks and abdomen.
During the transfer of cargo, you should not feel asymmetry and imbalance. It is better to distribute the load evenly in two hands or put the object in a backpack (this option is more suitable for patients with kyphosis). During the movement you need to move smoothly, if you feel tired, rest.
For women, the maximum allowable weight is 12 kg, and for men - 25 kg.
Nutrition is important to adjust in such a way as to fill the diet with a proper amount of special substances that contribute to the synthesis of the cartilaginous tissue of the spine. Such substances are contained in the jelly, jellied and jelly from fruit.
The diet should be a fractional one in combination with a large amount of liquid.
The list of products useful for osteochondrosis:
- Products of the protein group:meat, eggplant, fish, legumes, nuts, eggs. The number of such products is one third of the total diet.
- Minerals:calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and manganese and vitamins: A, D, B and C, abundant in vegetables and fruits.
To provide the body with polyunsaturated fatty acids, you need to use vegetable oils: olive, linseed.
The list of products dangerous for osteochondrosis:
- Marinades, semi-finished products, fatty foods and spices.
- Coffee and sweet fizzy drinks.
Many patients mistakenly believe that pathology forces to give up any physical activity. However, this statement is valid only during the acute phase. Certain sports are even useful for pain in the spine.
- Skis and skates.
- Pilates and yoga.
Even if you just do simple exercises in the morning and walk, this is already a significant preventive measure of the disease, and also prevents relapse, relieves the evening tension of the muscles.
Proper treatment of pathology is impossible without regular performance of gymnastics, which locally affects the zone of the neck, waist or back.
Exercises for the cervical department
- Lying on his side raise his head and fix it for five seconds. Repeat from 4 to 6 times.
- Lie on your stomach, hands clasp in the castle in the back of the neck and raise your head through the resistance of your hands.
- Lie on your back, put a hard pillow under your head and five times quickly try to push your head with a pillow.
- Sit on a chair and turn your head left and right, achieving maximum amplitude. The number of turns is from 5 to 10 times.
- The starting position should not be changed, the head should be lowered. Repeat 5 to 10 times.
- In a similar starting position, put a palm on the forehead and lower the head through the pressure of the hand. Repeat right and left, pressing the palm over the temporal area.
- Stand up, put your feet to the width of your shoulders, keep your back flat. Lower your chin to your stomach while keeping your shoulders low. Lock the position for ten seconds. Then bend your back, connect the shoulder blades and toss your head back. Hold the position again for ten seconds. Repeat ten times.
- The starting position, too. Alternately raise the shoulders (ten times each) and two together (ten times).
- The starting position does not change. Carry out circular turns with shoulders. Ten times forward and backward.
- Stand up, put your feet together. Lean, trying to touch the knee. Hold the slope for ten seconds. Repeat ten times in each direction.
- Stand up, hands on the waist, legs shoulder-width apart. Lean forward, holding a flat back, take the starting position, lean back. The number of repetitions is ten times.
- The starting position is the same. Lean in the sides ten times each.
- Stand on all fours, keep your back straight. Using the hands to make a few "steps" to the right and left to achieve maximum amplitude of the back. In the bent position, fix for ten seconds. Repeat ten times.
- Lie down on the floor, strain the muscles of the press so that the back presses against the ground. Fix for ten seconds.
- Lie on your back, legs bend. Try to connect the elbow and knee of the opposite leg and fix the position for ten seconds.
- Lie on your back, straight arms stretch your head. Pull your back and hold for ten seconds.
Follow the health of the spine, posture is necessary from the moment of the first step of the baby. At first it is the care of parents, then of the person himself.
A source: http://OsteoHondroza.net/metody-lecheniya/profilaktika-osteohondroza.html