Chamomile pharmacy is one of the most valuable medicinal plants, it is unique in its composition and useful effect.
Many preparations are made on its basis, and in the national medicine many recipes are known that help with a variety of diseases. Women appreciate chamomile as an indispensable natural remedy, relieving a whole range of gynecological problems.
But during pregnancy, this herb is not so harmless .It has certain properties that limit, and in some cases completely prohibit its use during the period of bearing of the child.
- Useful properties
- use Contraindications
- Methods of Use
- Tasty and healthy recipes for different occasions
The effectiveness of recipes, which include chamomile, many women have learned from their own experience. The most useful are its inflorescences, which are collected in the middle of summer and dried in the open air.
You can buy ready-made collection in the pharmacy, but be sure to read the composition, it may include other plants that are contraindicated during pregnancy. Camomile
contains nutrients which have a wide spectrum of action, namely:
- essential camomile oil - has bactericidal properties, kills many infections agents. Removes inflammation, promotes rapid healing of wounds. Vitamins
- ( ascorbic acid, nicotinic acid, carotene), a number of macro- and microelements, which are essential for the normal course of metabolic processes in the body and maintain its health.
- Phytoestrogens are substances similar in their chemical structure and effects with female hormones. They participate in the restoration of the hormonal background, the violation of which is the cause of many female diseases.
- Antispasmodic compounds( apigenin, apiin) - relieve spasms, so pass the pain.
- Special substance chamazulene - reduces inflammation, fights with allergic rashes.
- Salicylic acid and other organic - involved in metabolism, have a pronounced antibacterial activity.
During pregnancy, the body of a woman is particularly vulnerable, and in fact you need to take care not only about yourself, but about the future child. Recipes based on chamomile will help with:
- toxemia in early and late pregnancy;
- disturbance of the digestive system;get rid of diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, relieve spasms;
- increased gas production, bloating;
- inflammation of the digestive tract, ulcer, gastritis( not in acute stage);
- edema, kidney disease( has a diuretic effect);
- cystitis, relieve pain and reduce inflammation;
- irritation and inflammation of the external genitalia( subgingival);
- disorders of the nervous system, depression, increased excitation, sleep disorders;
- fatigue and tension in the legs( baths);
- headaches, joint pain;
- skin allergic reactions, irritations and inflammations;
- diseases of the throat and mouth( rinsing);
- deficiency of elements such as calcium and magnesium.
Read about the beneficial properties and contraindications of chamomile pharmacy.
Can otitis in adults be treated at home? Read in this article.
Features of use during pregnancy
During the period of gestation, doctors usually prohibit the use of most medications, as they can get through the blood into the body of the child and cause him irreparable harm.
Chamomile in this respect is completely safe, it does not contain substances that can disrupt the development of the fetus. It is prescribed as an alternative to analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs, but subject to a number of limitations.
- Increased uterine tone, threat of termination of pregnancy.
- The estrogen content in the blood exceeds the norm.
- The presence in the medical records of the indication of pregnancies that ended in miscarriage.
- Individual intolerance of substances that make up the plant.
- Presence and exacerbation of chronic diseases, in which the chamomile is contraindicated.
They are conditioned by the fact that phytoestrogens, which contains chamomile, contribute to the production of their own hormone estrogen by female organisms. Increased its content can lead to miscarriage or premature birth.
With chamomile intolerance, the rapid allergic reaction of is possible, during which a large amount of antibodies is released into the body. This can be detrimental to the development of the child.
In case of exacerbation of diseases, you can seriously aggravate your condition if you are engaged in self-medication.
Ways of using
All contraindications relate to ingestion of any medications and preparations containing chamomile, even simple "chamomile tea", which is so loved by many women.
Consultation of your gynecologist is mandatory, only he can prohibit or allow their application!
If the doctor does not mind or even appoints you a daisy, use it more carefully than before pregnancy. In the day you can drink no more than 400 ml of weak "chamomile tea", which can be made not only useful, but also delicious. You will find the recipes below.
It causes an increased tone of the uterus, which can lead to miscarriage. In addition, it disrupts the natural microflora of the vagina, it becomes vulnerable to various infections, thrush may appear.
External methods of application, such as compresses, rinses, inhalations, baths and washings using infusion or decoction of chamomile, cosmetic products based on it are completely harmless to the child's body, and mums will only benefit( provided that there is no allergy).
How to take potato juice for gastritis with high acidity?
Is it possible to cure a nail fungus of a neglected form with folk remedies?
Read about the treatment of hemorrhoids using traditional medicine - http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva /zhkt/ gemorroi.html
Delicious and useful recipes for different occasions
- Take 2 tsp dry flower chamomile inflorescences, pour them a glass of boiling water. Insist for at least three hours, covering the container with a lid and wrapping something warm. You can use the thermos. Then strain, pour in a glass no more than ¼, add boiled water, 1-2 tsp honey and a little dried fruit, according to your taste. In a day you can drink no more than 2-3 glasses of this drink. This drink will soothe, relieve insomnia.
- It will take 4 tbsp.l chamomile, pour them one glass of hot boiled water, put on a stove and boil for about half an hour, on low heat. Cool and filter. Take half a cup twice a day. This decoction is suitable for external use( baths, inhalations, compresses).It is stored in the refrigerator for no more than two days.
- Take 1 tbsp.a spoonful of dry chamomile, brew it like tea. Strain and add to your taste a lemon, fruit, cinnamon. You can sweeten with honey. This vitamin "tea" tones up, drowsiness and drowsiness disappear.
- Take in equal proportions dried chamomile flowers and dried rose hips( 1 tablespoon), pour 1 cup boiling water. Insist half an hour, filter. Dilute half boiled water, honey - to taste. Drink one glass 2 times a day, each time, prepare a fresh one. This tool will help to normalize the bowels, relieves constipation.
- Take 1 tbsp.spoon of chamomile, sage, mother-and-stepmother, plantain, yarrow, string, rosemary, thyme( if you do not find one, you can without it).Pour 1 liter of hot water and inhale. This method works well for inflammation of the upper respiratory tract, dry and moist cough.
From the above it is clear that chamomile can be both harmful and useful, depending on the medical indications and the way of use, therefore it is considered conditionally authorized for use during pregnancy.
Do not forget to consult a doctor, with his approval, using chamomile will help maintain your well-being in such a difficult and critical period!