The functionality of the eyes depends not only on proper nutrition, feasible loads and the body's capabilities. To ensure performance, the mucous surface of the eyeball should always be moist. This is provided by a number of systems, one of which is healthy eyelids. Frequent blinking is one of the protective mechanisms that allow to remain mucous in a moistened state. In addition, at the edge of the eyelids are meibomies (sebaceous glands) that secrete a special secret that does not allow the surface of the eyes to dry out. Therefore, any inflammation of the eyelids immediately affects the work of the eyes.
- 1Definition of a symptom
- 2Accompanying illnesses
- 3Advantages of using drugs
- 4Types of drugs
- 5Application rules
Definition of a symptom
Inflammation of the eyelids can occur under the influence of a variety of factors, be an innocuous sign or symptom of a serious pathology. As a rule, everything starts with a slight discomfort, itching and burning in the place of the lesion, which eventually If the process develops, additional sensations can accumulate: pain, lacrimation, decreased acuity view.
All possible causes of inflammation can be divided into several groups:
- Allergic irritation. In individuals prone to allergic reactions, reddening and inflammation of the eyelids can be the result of allergic irritation. Even if there was no such symptom before, with a decrease in immunity, manifestations can spread to other areas: eyes, skin, nasal mucosa. The cause of such irritation can be cosmetics, perfumes, dust, food, etc. ;
- Pathology of internal organs. For people with chronic physical illnesses, inflammation of the eyelids can be a sign of an exacerbation of the underlying disease. Such pathologies include, first of all, failures in the work of the kidneys, cardiovascular and lymphatic system, hormonal disorders, increased blood pressure;
- Injuries.Inflammation can result from mechanical damage or an insect bite. In this case, the skin around the damaged area will have a bluish tinge due to a resulting hemorrhage injury;
- Eye Diseases. The most extensive group of causes, which are most often pathological factors in the occurrence of inflammation. In this case, there are a number of symptoms: irritation and redness of the conjunctiva, lacrimation (often with an admixture of pus), pain and pain in the eyes.
If the inflammation is of a short-term nature and passes without a trace when carrying out preventive procedures (rinsing, lotion, rest for the eyes), then the doctor should not be treated. In the case of the presence of additional signs or increased symptoms visit to the ophthalmologist is obligatory, t. To. More often the long inflammation is a signal about development of pathological process.
The most dangerous are the inflammations arising as a result of developing eye pathology. Most often this symptom is manifested in the following diseases:
- Barley.Inflammation of the lobes of the eyelash or of the duct of the meibomian gland that emerges into it. The cause of inflammation is most often yellow staphylococcus. An abscess is formed on the edge of the eyelid, upper or lower, which opens or dissolves within 2-3 days. In rare cases, resort to surgery;
- Meibomite.Inflammation of the meibomian gland located in the thickness of the eyelid. The second name of the pathology is internal barley, as the abscess forms on the inner side of the eyelid. The causes of the lesion are the same as in barley. The frequent occurrence of both external and internal barley indicates problems with immunity;
- Impetigo.Superficial pustular skin disease, affecting not only the eyelids, but also other areas. The cause of inflammation is Staphylococcus aureus, hemolytic streptococcus or a combination of them. Pathogens penetrate into the microcracks of the skin under favorable conditions: warm, humid climate, lack of hygiene, metabolic disturbances, weak immunity;
- The mug.Inflammation is infectious, the causative agent is hemolytic staphylococcus. It penetrates into the subcutaneous layer, affecting the blood and lymphatic vessels. The skin becomes red, shiny and shiny, and the affected area is sharply delimited from healthy tissues;
- Abscess.Suppuration of the eyelid often occurs as a result of the development of other eye diseases (barley, meibomite). The main sign is strong pain and limited mobility of the eyelid;
- Phlegmon.Spilled inflammation of the tissues of the eyelid can arise as a complication of inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract or otitis (in children), as a consequence of barley or abscess, after trauma to the eyelid. It is accompanied by high t, pain, tenderness of the lymph nodes;
- Furuncle.Acute purulent-necrotic inflammation can be localized in the region of the upper eyelid or on the eyebrows, rarely at the edge of the eyelid. The causative agent is staphylococcus, which penetrates into the microcracks of the skin or outlets of the sebaceous glands. In the process, in addition to the century, adjoining areas of the face are included;
- Blepharitis.Chronic processes, accompanied by inflammation of the eyelids and difficult to treat, can occur by themselves various causes: defeat by bacteria and mites, allergic factors, endocrine disorders, beriberi, harmful habits, etc. ;
- Molluscum contagiosum.Viral lesion, the cause of which is most often one of the smallpox viruses. At the same time, the main sign is the appearance of small papules, almost not different in color from the skin. Most often occurs in children under 10 years. Not accompanied by uncomfortable sensations and after 6 months. disappears even without treatment.
Causes of inflammation of the eyelids, especially in the presence of secondary symptoms, require careful diagnosis and treatment only under the supervision of an ophthalmologist.
Advantages of using drugs
Serious treatment requires exactly those kinds of inflammation that are caused by eye diseases. And here medicines prepared in the form of ointments come to the fore. Such dosage forms have a number of undoubted advantages:
- The ability to provide a purely local effect and ensure a high concentration of active substance in the skin and subcutaneous tissues;
- Indispensability in the treatment of pathological skin conditions;
- A wide range of proposed products: with a different consistency, attitude to water (hydrophilic and hydrophobic), the direction of the therapeutic effect;
- Minimum systemic exposure compared to other dosage forms (oral, injectable).
Since most often the treatment is symptomatic, it is the ointment bases that are ideal for performing medical procedures in the eye area.
Types of drugs
To eliminate inflammation, it is first necessary to establish its cause, and only an ophthalmologist can do it competently. Since the pathological symptom can be caused by both infectious and non-infectious factors, drugs with different directions: antibacterial, antihistamine, hormonal, anti-inflammatory, general stimulating and other
Among the most popular drugs used are the following medicines:
- Actovegin- Biostimulator, which enhances regenerative processes. The active substance is deproteinized hemoderivat obtained from the blood of dairy calves. Used in the treatment of wounds, burns, inflammations of various etiologies;
- Hydrocortisone- hormonal drug, the main active substance of hydrocortisone acetate. According to the instructions for use, Hydrocortisone ointment is prescribed for allergic irritations, and the most common eye pathologies - conjunctivitis, blepharitis, keratitis, mixed forms of pathologies. Has a number of contraindications: hypersensitivity and childhood, viral and fungal lesions, glaucoma, trachoma, etc. ;
- Oksolinovaya ointment- an antiviral drug effective against the influenza virus and herpes simplex. It is used in the treatment of bladder and shingles, warts, molluscum contagiosum, etc. ;
- Demazol- a preparation of a complex composition, intended exclusively for the care of the skin of the eyelids. Eliminates various allergic manifestations, as well as a rash of bacterial and parasitic origin;
- Korneregel- a drug used to stimulate the regeneration of tissues. The active substance is dexapanthenol, a precursor of pantothenic acid, an active participant in metabolic processes. It has the property of penetrating deeply into tissues and providing an increased skin need for pantothenic acid in case of damage;
- Erythromycin ointment- an antimicrobial agent, the main active ingredient of which is an antibiotic from the macrolide group (erythromycin). According to the instructions, Erythromycin ointment is prescribed for infectious lesions of a bacterial nature;
- Blepharogel- a combined hygienic care for eyelids, which has several active ingredients: hyaluronic acid (natural substance, the main component of the vitreous humor), Aloe Vera extract (antiseptic), hemodez (sorbent), sulfur preparations (acaricidal and antiseptic act);
- Zovirax- antiviral drug, the main active ingredient of which is the synthetic substance acyclovir. It is active against herpes, chicken pox, cytomegalovirus;
- Tetracycline ointment- antimicrobial drug, whose main active ingredient (tetracycline) has a broad bacteriostatic effect against most gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. Use tetracycline ointment in barley;
- Demalan- means of cosmetic care for centuries, showing antiparasitic activity. It is an effective drug for relieving discomfort in the eyelids, destroying pathogens, eliminating inflammation and itching.
If the eyes become inflamed, it can be bacterial, fungal, viral or be a common irritation. Meanwhile, many drugs for the removal of inflammation have a number of contraindications that prohibit their use for a certain type of infection. Therefore, the use of this or that remedy should always take place after consultation of the ophthalmologist.
The effectiveness of treatment depends largely on the correct use of the drug. The use of eye ointments requires several simple recommendations:
- Use drugs with a proven lead time;
- Observe the sterility requirements during the procedure;
- Use a special glass spatula, previously disinfected, to lay the ointment;
- Wash hands with soap before and after the procedure;
- Apply the required amount of ointment on the stick and place the remedy on the affected area;
- If the ointment is stored in the refrigerator, before use, lightly warm it under hot water.
Description of eye drops Bromfenac
The causes of pain in the eyeball are described in this article.
All about eye drops Azidrope http://eyesdocs.ru/medicinaoperacii/lekarstva/glaznye-kapli-azidrop-sostav-analogi-i-osobennosti-ispolzovaniya.html.
Inflammation of the eyelids can be both a harmless short-term irritation, and a symptom of ocular or systemic pathology. In most cases, prolonged inflammation of the eyelids is a sign of an infectious eye disease. And this means that you can not do without a doctor.
Care of the eyes requires special hygienic conditions, therefore, with the problem that has begun, the observance of cleanliness is one of the main factors that allow the eyes to become functional. If this fails in the shortest time, do not delay the visit to the doctor - only he can competently pick up the required drug.
Also read about what ointments are used in the treatment of conjunctivitis, as well as about this group of drugs used in the treatment of barley.