1Can the intervertebral hernia dissolve?
- 1.1Can the intervertebral hernia of the lumbar region disappear
- 1.2Method of treatment with traditional methods
- 1.3Alternative therapies
- 1.4Supportive measures in the intervertebral hernia
- 2How discs are restored and the intervertebral hernia dissolves
3Intervertebral hernia - how to diagnose and cure drugs, exercises or surgically
- 3.1What is the intervertebral hernia?
- 3.4Can the intervertebral hernia pass itself
- 3.6Treatment of intervertebral hernia
- 3.7Treatment of conservative therapy
- 3.9Operative treatment
- 3.10The Right Diet
- 3.11Folk methods
4Manifestation of a herniated spine
- 4.1The main symptoms of the disease
- 4.2Signs of a hernia depending on localization
- 4.3Diagnostic Methods
5Is it possible to resolve the spinal hernia-conditions, in which the hernia decreases or disappears
- 5.1The probability of the disappearance of hernial formation
- 5.2Process description
- 5.4Denial of responsibility
6Can the herniation of the lumbar spine dissolve
- 6.1Causes of hernia disappearance
- 6.2Mechanism of pathology development
- 6.3The main methods of treatment of the disease
- 6.4Surgical removal of a hernia
Can the intervertebral hernia dissolve?
Whether the hernia of the lumbar spine can resolve, patients are interested in whom such a diagnosis was made.
Many rely on the independent disappearance of the disease, since the prospect of a complex operation intervention with a long rehabilitation of them is very frightening.
But is the hernia really able to pass herself?
Can the intervertebral hernia of the lumbar region disappear
When asked whether the hernia of the spine can resolve, many orthopedic doctors unanimously respond negatively. The myth that the hernia can disappear on its own is based on a peculiar cycle of the disease.
As a rule, the severity of manifestations of the disease can change. The painful period lasts about 6 weeks.
It is after such a long time that there is obvious relief of the condition, and most patients believe that the hernia itself dissolves. However, this opinion is erroneous.
After a while, the symptomatology resumes with renewed vigor.
Medical workers say that it is necessary to start therapy immediately after the onset of the first symptomatology, and not to wait for remission. This need is due to the fact that with each new stage of recurrence, calcification of the intervertebral neoplasm occurs.
That is, the hernia cures and begins to press more strongly on the spine and nerve endings, which leads to irreversible destructive processes in the body.
In addition, overpressure can lead to clotting of blood vessels and disruption of metabolic processes in the area of the affected segment.
Method of treatment with traditional methods
There are ways of medicamentous treatment of a hernia of the lumbar region. Most often resort to therapy with injectable non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, which the patient is injected directly into the lesion. Such treatment allows:
- to eliminate puffiness;
- remove soreness.
As a result, the tumor is decreasing. Quite often, local treatment with hormonal drugs is also used for this purpose.
Also effective is the therapy with multifunction electrodes. The presented type of treatment allows you to interact directly with the painful focus.
The waves that radiate the apparatus affect the hernia, thus anesthetizing the damaged area and slowing down the inflammatory process..
In this type of therapy, the degree of symptoms is reduced, but the cause of pain is not eliminated - the intervertebral hernia..
A radical method of treatment is surgical excision of the tumor.
However, this procedure is used only in extreme cases, if neurological disorders begin to develop or the pain syndrome has exceeded the limit of the permissible.
In addition, surgery requires extreme caution, since the affected segment of the intervertebral space is completely removed. This can be fraught with complete or partial loss of the functions of the spine.
Increasingly popular among patients began to acquire alternative ways of treating the intervertebral hernia of the lumbar spine. One of the most effective is considered to be manual therapy.
This type of treatment, unfortunately, is not able to fully start the process, during which the hernia dissolves.
However, such effects can significantly alleviate the general condition of the patient and prolong the period of remission.
The manual therapist carries out the kneading of the damaged area. The main difference between this type of treatment and the usual massage is that the manual does not affect the musculature, but directly on the ridge and its components.
During the procedure, the therapist carefully removes reflex spasms and returns the disc to anatomically correct position. Thus, the hypertension of the muscle, which has degenerated into the intervertebral hernia, decreases.
Supportive measures in the intervertebral hernia
In order to maximize the duration of remission and reduce the likelihood of uncomfortable symptoms in the intervertebral hernia, it is necessary to create favorable conditions for the lumbar spine.
The first and basic rule of supporting activities is absolute comfort and peace. A damaged area should provide optimal conditions for ultimate relaxation and rest. In addition, you should take care of some physical aspects.
In order for the intervertebral hernia of the lumbar spine to worry less, it is necessary to observe the following rules:
- Follow the posture. To ensure a comfortable position for the damaged waist, the back should be kept as straight as possible. If the patient has difficulties with self-straightening the spine and fixing it in this position, it is recommended to resort to wearing orthopedic corsets.
- Decreased physical activity. It is necessary to avoid sharp inclinations and turns so that the hernia decreases,
- Recreation. If there is a feeling of fatigue in the lower back or some other discomfort, you should immediately take a break and rest. At night, you need to organize the right place for sleep: a hard, elastic mattress, without terrain.
The fact that the intervertebral hernia of the lumbar can disappear on its own is an illusion. Such a thought should be discarded by every patient to whom the diagnosis was made.
In the event that even a small protrusion is detected, it is impossible to let the ailment into its own right. Without proper therapy, the intervertebral hernia can worsen and lead to even greater problems with the musculoskeletal system.
Do not bring the disease to this stage! Take care of yourself and be well!
A source: https://OrtoCure.ru/pozvonochnik/gryzha/mozhet-li-rassosatsya-gryzha.html
How discs are restored and the intervertebral hernia dissolves
With the diagnosis of an intervertebral hernia, surgery is not always required.
There are a large number of patients who are convinced of the complete restoration of intervertebral discs, but there are many more people who have a hernia caused a disability.
In order to understand how to act so that the hernia of the disc has resolved and prevent complications, let's examine the topic in more detail.
Author of the article Ignatiev Radion Gennadievich - a neurologist, vertebrologist.
According to statistics, the worst thing with this diagnosis is inaction. Suppose a small hernia (protrusion) was formed and the patient was persuaded that an operation should be performed.
Naturally, a person does not agree and simply tries to forget about the problem. At that time years pass, and the hernia grows and increases, pains appear more often.
The patient again goes to the doctor and again he is told about surgical intervention, long-term medications.
Trying to forget about the problem, the patient tries to live a normal life, loading his back, not giving symptoms at close ones, and the hernia is growing and growing, more and more aggravating the situation and when it is too late, it will only remain to operate on.
But everything can be changed in another direction, simply choosing the right direction, remembering a few simple rules.
- The first rule, if you go to an appointment with a neurosurgeon to find out a "verdict" is your first mistake. Neurosurgery specialization is surgical, treats surgically and so that you do not speak, options there may be only two: to operate immediately or operate a little later (in fact there is a clearly set diagnosis).
- The second rule. Anyone who does not want to have an operation or received a verdict of "operating a little later" first of all seeks pills for symptom relief to feel normal and not notice any restrictions. Thus, the second error is allowed. Hiding the painkillers symptoms and continuing to load his back, idle - guaranteed to come deterioration.
- The third rule. Understanding the two upper rules, some pass to the next. Having a problem and trying to somehow eliminate it without surgery, begin to try all methods. Starting with the treatment of magnets, home exercises, "magic" drugs, etc. And absolutely not necessarily it will be done in the home conditions, rather it will look like jogging on doctors, a couple of receptions from a therapist, a couple of injections from a neurologist, a couple of "adjustments" and more a little bit. This is a serious mistake, because having problems with your back you need to have a doctor who will give results and show positive dynamics. Identify a specialist is very simple, by the availability of a treatment plan. The presence of a clear plan with prescribed control images, treatment and expected results for several years ahead - guarantees you the experience and professionalism of the doctor. Only such a doctor will be able to show pictures with healthy, restored intervertebral discs in a few years. So the third rule - if you can not cope, look for a normal doctor.
We must understand that the process of recovering a disk is not something unique, well researched and far from new.
Each of us grows, intervertebral disks grow, increasing in volume, restoring the form, but this process does not happen all life.
The growth of the organism stops at about 23 years, after this age the mechanisms of aging and recovery are launched.
At the same time, the number of blood vessels decreases in the intervertebral disc, all metabolic processes are slowed down, as it does not need to grow any more. Realizing this mechanism, we can make the first conclusion - at a young age completely cure the spine much easier.
Those who are older than this age can also be reared, but much slower.
There are other features of the intervertebral discs, for example, if a large hernia it resolves more quickly, but this is another story.
But the conclusion from this one is that the hernias of the intervertebral disc are prone to resorption, the body is able to compensate for the problem, or as some say, they "dry up".
In order to understand why some hernias disappear within a couple of years, while others torment all their lives, one should present the corresponding picture..
Imagine that the hernia dissolves, decreases in size every day, gradually decreases..
But on the other hand, a person gives a load on the spine, unevenly loads the disc, has a disturbance of metabolic processes in this area, thereby causing an increase in the hernia.
It turns out, in a year the hernia will decrease by 2 mm but will increase by 4 mm, so we get the difference with which the patient comes to the doctor - an increase of 2 mm.
We took the most optimistic figures, in order for the hernia to decrease at this rate, you need to undergo correction of the spine, do special exercises every day and follow all the doctor's recommendations. At the same time, if you carry weights, sit around the computer around the clock and in every possible way provoke the problem, then within a year it can increase by more than 4 mm.
The fact is that in weak patients with a depleted body, even ordinary walking already causes a heavy load on the disks, there is no normal blood circulation near the affected tissue, recovery and speech can not be, since without the participation of a doctor it is impossible to stabilize the processes in organism. If even a strong, young patient has an overload on one side of the disc and there is no resistance to the other, the hernia will reappear again and again. A distinctive feature of such problems is the presence of not one hernia, but their many and as a rule in all parts of the spine. This condition, which corrects the doctor, shifting the vertebrae in the right direction and correcting the overload, restores the metabolism of surrounding tissues. Indeed, in 90% of cases this is enough to trigger recovery reactions.
If you add to this exercise, which on the one hand will not harm the discs, and on the other help them absorb nutrients, create a reliable support - consider that you almost came to goals.
There are many subtleties in the diagnosis and evaluation of results, but the main judge is always feeling well, and you need to orient yourself.
Dry numbers. After eliminating the overload of the discs, a regeneration process starts, which causes a decrease in the hernia at a rate of 10 to 30% per year. The speed depends on the loads and factors that affect the person.
If the patient behaves correctly, follows the recommendations, he can count on the disappearance of a hernia within 3 years (30% X3 years = 90%), if the regime is violated, the problem is provoked in every way for 10 years (10% X10let = 100%).
Fortunately, this process is almost entirely dependent on the person himself.
There are several situations when the hernia will not change for the better. All 100% who do not respond to the diagnosis will not improve, the reasons that caused the hernia will further influence it, causing a deterioration.
From a medical point of view, at the age of over 60 it is extremely difficult to talk about recovery, as the exchange and recovery processes are extremely slow and at such rates, in an ideal situation, a dozen years..
There are still situations when the hernia will not resolve anywhere. Unfortunately, this is most often found in the cervical region, in about 3-4% of patients..
This is a situation where the diagnosis is not quite correct, namely, there are large bony outgrowths, causing the narrowing of the spinal canal, but on MRI all attention is focused on the affected disk between osteophytes.
These are patients who suffer from a hernia for 5-10 years, and then want to repair discs, to dissolve the intervertebral hernia, but it's too late.
Well, naturally, as we have already discussed, in those cases when there is no clear plan of treatment for several years and treat everyone in a row - "more, but sooner."
And the last little rule. The diagnosis should be clearly set, without assumptions or guesswork. Even if someone claims that the symptom is like 100%, it does not mean anything. Conduct an MRI and, according to the results, already draw conclusions.
Ignatiev Radion Gennadievich - a doctor neurologist, vertebrolog.
The article was written to understand the problem by patients.
Topical topics:For a consultation with Dr. Ignatieff Clinic, call: +38 (044) 227-32-51 + 7 (969) 049-25-06 + 34 684 344 499
A source: https://spine5.com/gryzha/rassasyvayutsya-mezhpozvonochnye-gryzhi/
Intervertebral hernia - how to diagnose and cure drugs, exercises or surgically
The appearance of acute pain in the back is a signal to call a doctor.
A serious disease - the intervertebral hernia - has many causes, but can be effectively treated if the process is started when the first symptoms of the pathology of the spine appear.
Is the problem able to resolve itself, what are the methods of recovery, are there any consequences - important questions that require answers.
What is the intervertebral hernia?
There are many reasons for the occurrence of pathologies of the spinal column. What is a spinal hernia? This disease, in which there is inflammation, deformation of the discs, their displacement, destruction of the fibrous ring. Intervertebral hernia is accompanied by:
- severe pain syndrome due to compression of the nerve roots;
- impaired spine;
- numbness of the muscles;
- disorder of blood supply.
The earlier the diagnosis is carried out, the pathology is easier to treat. Physicians identify the stages of the disease:
- disc protrusions - rupture of the fibrous ring, part of the nucleus comes out, pain intensifies with exercise, surgery is not required;
- fragmentary prolapse of intervertebral discs - a strong displacement of the nucleus, constant pain, blood supply is impaired.
As the disease develops:
- Full prolapse - the nucleus completely exits beyond the membrane - fibrous ring, motor disorders develop, pain increases, numbness appears.
- Sequestration - due to the displacement of the intervertebral disc, the part of the nucleus falls behind the fibrous ring, a hernia is formed, and the spinal nerves are jammed. The pain is permanent, the mobility of the spine is impaired.
The signs of pathology differ depending on the location of the intervertebral pinch. The manifestation of the disease is associated with the site of the nerve endings of the spinal canal. Symptoms of an intervertebral hernia:
- cervical department - except for the back and neck, pain spreads to the head and is accompanied by dizziness, cerebral blood flow is disturbed, pressure is increased, ischemic stroke is likely;
- thoracic region - the sensitivity of the skin disappears, the pain occurs when coughing, after loads.
Often occurring pathology is a hernia of the lumbosacral department. Characteristic signs of the disease:
- acute severe pain, similar to lumbago;
- impaired motor functions;
- decreased skin sensitivity;
- circulatory insufficiency of the lower limbs;
- increase in temperature to 38;
- violations of the pelvic organs.
What factors cause the protrusion of the fibrous ring and the formation of a hernia? The development of pathology depends on the patient's lifestyle. The causes of intervertebral pinch formation are:
- low physical activity, the result - weakening of the back muscles, the manifestation of the osteochondrosis of the spine - the precursor of a hernia;
- heavy loads, lifting weights;
- spinal trauma, provoking displacement of the vertebrae.
According to statistics, the presence of intervertebral hernia is more common in men, which is associated with the features of the development of cartilaginous tissue in them. Older people with problems with the spine are sick. Causes of development of intervertebral pinch:
- hereditary factors;
- excess weight;
- violation of posture;
- stressful situations;
- weak lumbar muscles.
In addition to the separation of the disease at the location - the hernia of the lumbosacral, cervical and thoracic, there is a systematization on other grounds.
This helps in the diagnosis and organization of treatment activities.
Depending on the size of the protrusion in millimeters, the types of intervertebral pathologies are distinguished:
- protrusion - 1-3 - is considered the norm, not dangerous;
- prolapse - 3-6 - the onset of symptoms of the disease;
- hernia of the intervertebral disc - 6-15 - rupture of the fibrous ring, separation of part of the nucleus.
Types of pathology are classified according to the location of the hernia in the direction of protrusion:
- back - squeeze the spinal cord, violating its functions - very dangerous;
- front - the most innocuous type of disease;
- lateral - lateral - exit through the holes where the nerve roots of the spinal cord are located;
- Shmorl's hernia - protrusion occurs in the vertical direction, the intervertebral disc destroys the vertebral body.
Can the intervertebral hernia pass itself
The process of occurrence of intervertebral pathologies can last for a long time, without giving the person anxiety. When the disease progresses, there are pain, discomfort, stiffness.
Proceeding from the peculiarities of the development of intervertebral disk pathologies, the hernia can not pass by itself - it is necessary to be treated. To address to experts at the first displays of a pathology.
To determine whether the symptoms of the disease lumbosacral, cervical osteochondrosis or already in the presence of complications - intervertebral pathology, it is necessary to conduct a survey. To begin with, a doctor:
- makes a questioning of the patient;
- Performs palpation of the region of the back, neck, lumbar vertebrae;
- assesses muscle strength, mobility;
- checks sensitivity and reflexes.
For specification carry out hardware examinations:
- X-ray - reveals the causes of the development of a hernia - trauma, congenital anomalies;
- computer tomography - determines small pathologies;
- MRI - diagnoses intervertebral protrusion, location, size, degree of injury;
- CT-myelography - examines with the help of contrast medium, how much the hernia squeezes the spinal cord.
Treatment of intervertebral hernia
To treat the pathology of intervertebral discs, you need to work on the problem in a complex manner. The main thing is the correct diagnosis and appointment by a doctor. When a hernia is used:
- medicines - relieve pain, spasms, inflammation;
- gymnastics - strengthens the muscular corset, improves blood circulation;
- physiotherapy procedures - accelerate long-term recovery after surgery;
- a diet - products saturate an organism with microelements, vitamins;
- Surgical intervention - as an extreme measure in complex cases.
Doctor S. Bubnovsky practices the treatment of herniated discs with the help of gymnastics. With intervertebral changes, the set of exercises depends on the focus of the lesion, the condition of the patient, the stage of the disease. For the lumbosacral department recommend:
- deflection of the back up and down, standing on all fours;
- in the same position, alternately pull the left arm and right leg and vice versa;
- lying on the back to flex the exhalation on the exhale, to lower;
- the same position, touch the elbows knees bent at the knees.
Treatment of conservative therapy
Medicinal products are used to relieve symptoms of a hernia. At appointment it is necessary to consider available contraindications. How to treat an intervertebral hernia? For this, preparations are used:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for pain reduction - Ketonal;
- muscle relaxants - relieve spasms, relax muscles - Midokalm;
- NSAIDs - eliminate inflammation - Ibuprofen;
- Angioprotectors - improve blood flow - Actovegin;
- chondroprotectors - restore cartilaginous tissue - Alflutop;
- diuretic - against edema - Triampur.
An important role in the treatment of intervertebral disk pathologies is given to physioprocedures. They are part of the complex of activities. Doctors appoint to do:
- acupuncture - improves blood flow, anesthetizes, nourishes tissues;
- electrophoresis - activates blood circulation, reduces the protrusion of the disc;
- diadynamic currents - reduce the excitability of nerve endings, anesthetize.
Surgical intervention is recommended in case of complete destruction of the fibrous ring in advanced stages of the disease. There are several methods of treatment. Effective are:
- Discectomy - removal of intervertebral protrusion with the installation of a titanium implant, the anatomical texture is preserved, but a fixed joint of the vertebrae is formed;
- laser treatment - the removal of pressure inside the disk directed through the needle by the beam, reduces the pain symptom.
Popular methods of surgical treatment of intervertebral hernias:
- Laminectomy - excision of a part of the vertebra at the posterior wall of the spinal canal, pressure on the brain decreases, the development of tenderness is possible;
- cold-plasma nucleoplasty - quickly relieves pain, relapses are possible;
- intraosseous blockade - injection under local anesthesia drugs into the intervertebral space, rapid anesthesia, not always persistent effect;
- hydroplastic - washing out of deformed tissues, low-traumatic, used for hernia lumbar region.
The Right Diet
Balanced nutrition is used as a component of complex treatment of intervertebral pathologies. An important part of the diet is the use of products containing trace elements and vitamins necessary for the operation of the spine. In the diet should be:
- a fish;
When preparing the diet should abandon the products that provoke inflammatory processes in the intervertebral space. With a hernia it is necessary to exclude:
- alcoholic beverages;
- fatty foods;
- flour products;
- sharp sauces;
- salty foods;
- products with preservatives;
- smoked products;
In the treatment of intervertebral pathologies, folk medicine plays its role. Improving the condition is facilitated by the use of dried apricots, figs, prunes. To reduce the pain mix the grated potatoes with honey and apply a compress for 2 hours. You can make the composition for massage:
- mix 100 g of honey and tablet mummy;
- rub the back with fir oil;
- drive in the place of defeat honey mass slapping movements;
- remove the residue with a napkin;
- sick wrap.
If you do not start a timely treatment, a herniated spinal disc can lead to serious problems. The risk of complete loss of motor functions is not excluded. Possible consequences:
- compression of roots of nerves;
- spinal cord injury;
- loss of skin sensitivity;
- numbness of the legs;
- the occurrence of paralysis;
- atrophy of the muscles of the lower limbs;
- complication of osteochondrosis;
- the appearance of edema.
As a result of a strong squeezing of the intervertebral space, nerve endings, probably the occurrence of diseases of the pelvic organs. It is possible that:
- problems with emptying the bladder, intestines;
- loss of sensitivity of the genitals;
- impotence in men;
- threats of infertility, menstrual cycle disorders in women.
To prevent the development of a hernia, certain rules must be observed. This will help keep the spine healthy. For prevention of intervertebral pathologies it is necessary:
- get rid of bad habits - smoking, drinking alcohol;
- balanced eating;
- lose weight;
- strengthen the muscles of the abdomen and back;
- less nervous;
- periodically conduct a course of massage;
- Do not wear shoes with high heels;
- sleep more than 8 hours;
- use a hard bed.
A source: http://sovets.net/13210-mezhpozvonochnaya-gryzha.html
Manifestation of a herniated spine
Pain sensations in the back may indicate a fairly common disease - the intervertebral hernia. According to statistics, this pathology most often occurs in 25-50 years, but sometimes it is diagnosed in other age categories.
How to recognize the first symptoms
The reasons for the development of the disease is quite a lot - they include osteochondrosis, physical activity, traumatic injuries. In any case, manifestations of the intervertebral hernia should make a person immediately seek medical attention.
The main symptoms of the disease
People who have an intervertebral hernia usually complain of severe pain syndrome, which appears even with adequate physical exertion.
Also, discomfort often occurs with prolonged stays in an uncomfortable position. However, the pain is so strong that a person can not even get out of bed.
The main symptoms of the intervertebral hernia resemble the manifestations of osteochondrosis. This disease is accompanied by weakness and pain in the limbs, loss of sensitivity, the appearance of goosebumps.
At the very beginning of the hernia, degenerative-dystrophic changes develop in a definite part of the spine. As a result, the strength of the intervertebral disc decreases, and cracks form on it..
Little by little in this area there is a disturbance of blood circulation and puffiness is formed. If you do not start therapy as early as possible, the disease will inexorably progress..
If you do not help a person in a timely manner, a radicular syndrome appears. This phenomenon is associated with squeezing and tightening the spine. This problem is accompanied by the following manifestations:
- severe pain;
- weakness in muscle tissue;
- loss of sensitivity in the affected area.
There may also be local symptoms that are localized in the area of the hernia. These include dry skin and problems with sweating. If the motor roots are compressed, one can see a disturbance in motor activity.
In this case, the limb muscles simply atrophy.
The protrusion of the hernia back provokes squeezing of the spinal cord. With any careless movement, a full compression of the spinal cord often develops, which provokes paralysis and other dangerous consequences.
Such a hernia manifests itself in the following:
- disruption of the pelvic organs;
- loss of sensitivity in the affected area;
- decreased potency in men;
- the appearance of frigidity and gynecological pathologies in women;
- appearance of signs of intermittent claudication.
If there are complications of the intervertebral hernia, you can see the appearance of other symptoms. One of these conditions is lumbulgia - a chamber in the lumbar region. When this problem arises, acute pain occurs, which increases significantly with any movement.
This state may be present for several weeks. Sometimes the work of knee and hip joints is disrupted. If you do not help the patient in a timely manner, lumbagia can lead to a decrease in the ability to move independently.
Often this causes disability.
If the hernia is supplemented by other pathologies of bone tissue or muscles, the symptoms become more pronounced. In this situation, the disease develops much faster.
Signs of a hernia depending on localization
Manifestation of a herniated spine
The appearance of these or other symptoms is greatly influenced by the localization of the intervertebral hernia:
- Cervical department. With this arrangement of the hernia, painful sensations arise in the neck region, they give into the hands and shoulders. Also, a person has headaches and dizziness, fingers numb, blood pressure rises.
- Thoracic department. In this case, you can notice systematic pain in the chest area. At any physical exertion a person has to take a forced position. Sometimes these feelings are supplemented by scoliosis or kyphoscoliosis.
- Lumbosacral department. In this situation, the hernia manifests itself in the form of pain in the lower back. They can increase with any physical activity. In some cases, discomfort is also felt in the buttock or lower leg.
If the pain syndrome is localized around the buttocks, numbness, tingling, and weakness develop. This often violates the sensitivity of the lower limbs.
In advanced cases, there are problems with urination and defecation. Quite often, patients face erectile dysfunction and even paralysis of the limbs.
To make an accurate diagnosis, it is very important to undergo a detailed examination. Due to this, it will be possible to exclude other diseases - tumor formations, traumatic injuries, infections.
The most reliable method for diagnosing this ailment is magnetic resonance imaging.
Computed tomography can also be used, which is usually supplemented by myelography - in this case, a contrast medium is injected into the spinal canal. This study can show the appearance of stenosis.
To determine the instability or pathological mobility of the spine, you can conduct functional radiography. Sometimes there is also a need for additional diagnostic studies.
These include electromyography, thermography. Of great importance for qualitative diagnosis are laboratory tests that allow you to determine the calcium content in the blood, the amount of glucose, the activity of alkaline and acid phosphatase.
After identifying this disease, you should immediately begin treatment. At an early stage of development, the ailment responds well to non-surgical treatment.
Under the influence of manual therapy, special simulators, extension of the spine hernia can significantly decrease or completely disappear.
The intervertebral hernia is a rather dangerous pathology, which often leads to serious health consequences.
In order to cope with this ailment and maintain the mobility of the spine, it is necessary to contact the experienced doctor as soon as possible, who will be able to make an accurate diagnosis and choose the appropriate treatment. If the therapy is started on time, the hernia can completely resolve.
- All means have been tried, and nothing has helped?
- Are you in constant pain?
- And now you are ready to take advantage of any opportunity that will give you the long-awaited well-being!
A source: http://lechuspinu.ru/gryzha/proyavlenie-gryzhi-pozvonochnika.html
Is it possible to resolve the spinal hernia-conditions, in which the hernia decreases or disappears
Vertebral pathologies cause severe back pain, which significantly reduces a person's ability to act and "poison" all the joys of life.
The patient is worried about the question: is there some way to cope with the situation with a minimal risk to health?
Some patients refuse to be prescribed by the doctors, even if the diagnosis is extensive (the problem is more often refers to the lumbar region, since this site is the most mobile, flexible and not protected by the skeletal skeleton).
This category of people believes that the body itself can cope with the disease. Can the hernia of the spine resolve by itself? It depends on many factors.
The probability of the disappearance of hernial formation
Incredibly, cases have already been diagnosed, when the herniation of the l4-l5 disk dissociated independently by 70%. But the prospect of a spontaneous disappearance of the hernial sac is not as rosy as it seems at first glance.
- The intervertebral hernia, partially protruding through the fracture in the fibrous ring, varies in size, but never completely disappears.
- Only completely sequestered hernial formation dissolves completely, decaying into several separate parts and perceived by the body as a foreign body.
- Speaking about how many months after diagnosis of vertebral pathology it is possible to get rid of it, it is necessary to take into account the age category of people. If a young organism up to 23-25 years is able to overcome this problem in 3-6 months, then people of advanced age can not expect such a rapid result.
- The rate of resolution of the hernial tissue of the vertebral disc is affected by individual characteristics of the organism. For example, in some people, 4-5 blood vessels are suitable for the nerve root, while in others, blood supply to the nerve is carried out through 10 vessels. It is clear that in the second case the process of tissue repair is faster.
Thus, it can be concluded that the probability of complete disappearance of the hernia is very minimal and is possible only at.
Dissolve vertebral hernia can, passing the process of "impregnation" with calcium. Calcification occurs gradually, and the severity of symptoms decreases as slowly. After what time will the pain completely disappear?
With small swelling of up to 4 mm, this period can take several months. With extensive hernial formations, the period increases to 2-3 years.
The hernial sac loses moisture, becoming more dense. Calcifying, it tightly covers the gap formed in the fibrous ring and does not allow the nucleus remaining in the center of the jelly-like tissue to protrude beyond the vertebra.
The patient's condition gradually stabilizes. When the protruding part of the nucleus "desiccates" (lysing), the pressure on the nerve roots decreases - the pain occurs less and less often..
A slightly different situation develops when the pulposus core is sequestered. Individual parts of the vertebral hernia dissolve without a trace, as if they did not exist. Is it possible?.
Yes, and this process has the name - phagocytosis. Protective cells of the body - macrophages - perceive the fallen fragments of the nucleus, as an alien formation, and gradually dissolve them.
Treatment of hernia pricks is carried out with the help of a special enzymatic solution, which is injected into the hernial sac by means of a syringe.
Under the influence of the liquid, the hernia tissue is diluted and removed from the body by the method of reverse suction into the syringe.
This non-surgical type of intervention in the body can be carried out once a week and resolves small hernia formations in just 1 month.
Injections for drying can include nitrogen, which interacts with oxygen in a jelly-like tissue. They give an additional analgesic effect.
Unfortunately, resorption of the hernial sac can not guarantee complete recovery.
The fact is that a persistent violation of biomechanical processes in the diseased vertebral segment leads to destructive phenomena in neighboring vertebrae, and this threatens the development and formation of new hernias.
Therefore, to stabilize the state must be observed for life. Only in this case it is possible not to be afraid of repeated ones.
Denial of responsibility
The information in the articles is intended only for general reading and should not be used for self-diagnosis of health problems or for therapeutic purposes.
This article is not a substitute for medical advice from a doctor (neurologist, therapist).
Please consult your doctor first to know the exact cause of your health problem..
I will be very grateful if you click on one of the buttons
and share this material with your friends 🙂
A source: http://osteohondrosy.net/vozmozhno-li-rassasyvanie-gryzhy-pozvonochnika-usloviya-pri-kotorykh-gryzha-umenshaetsya-ili-ischezaet.html
Can the herniation of the lumbar spine dissolve
Since the pathology of the musculoskeletal system due to the high rate of life begins to occur all more often, many people are interested in the question: can the hernia of the lumbar spine dissolve yourself? To solve the problem, it is necessary to study the mechanism of development and course of the disease, as well as the main methods of its treatment.
Causes of hernia disappearance
On the question of whether the intervertebral hernia can resolve itself, most experts agreed that it is impossible. The myth of the independent disappearance of the disease is based on its specific cyclicity.
For pathology, the cyclicity of the manifestations is characteristic, therefore the hernia can not resolve itself. The duration of the period of acute signs of the disease is six weeks.
After that, symptomatic relief is usually observed, as a result of which patients believe that the hernia has resolved itself.
But after a certain time, the signs of pathology return.
Doctors recommend people not to think whether they can pass the intervertebral hernia themselves and, when the first symptoms appear, seek help immediately. This is due to the fact that with each new exacerbation of the disease there is a process of calcification of the neoplasm.
Thus, the hernia hardens and presses on the vertebral column and the nerve roots of the spinal cord, which causes various degeneration processes in the patient's body. In addition, the vessels are squeezed, as a result of which there is a disturbance in the trophism of the affected area.
To prevent the development of complications of pathology, you need to know its main features. This will help diagnose the disease in the early stages and choose the most effective method of its treatment.
Mechanism of pathology development
The appearance of a hernia occurs for a long period of time. In the normal state of the human musculoskeletal system, the ligaments hold the intervertebral discs and facilitate the performance of their functions. The disk itself has the following components:
The fibrous ring plates are compressed during compression because they act in the opposite direction from the compressive force. Therefore, a fairly stable corset of this shape is formed.
The disk is firmly attached between the two vertebrae due to fibrous filaments. If the structure of the fibrous ring is damaged, its loss into the external environment is observed. During the formation of a herniated intervertebral disc must go through two stages:
- Protrusion. During this phase, the internal structures of the disk undergo destruction, without touching the outer shell. The position of the nucleus is not violated.
- Entrusion. At this stage, discs show damage to the inner and outer fibers. The nucleus is displaced, leaving the cavity of the canal of the spinal cord, as a result of which its structures are squeezed.
The formation of a hernial protrusion can occur for a long time without disturbing the person.
But over time, he will begin to feel pain, discomfort in the affected area, as well as stiffness in the movements.
In this case it is necessary to consult with specialized specialists.
The main methods of treatment of the disease
Since the question of whether the hernia of the spine can dissolve itself, is solved, it is necessary to study the main methods of therapy of this pathology. There are three groups of methods for treating hernia:
Conservative treatment is carried out only in the early stages of the disease. It is carried out with the help of:
Treatment of a spinal hernia without surgery is carried out by the above methods. Throughout the course of therapy, the patient is supervised by medical personnel. Also, special rehabilitation courses are provided after surgical operations on the spinal column.
More details with conservative methods of treatment of intervertebral hernia can be found in the video.
Surgical removal of a hernia
Surgical interventions are used in the severe condition of the patient or during the rapid progression of the disease. To their conduct indicates the presence of certain characteristics, among which the most common are:
- paresis and paralysis, which develop as a result of prolonged irritation of the nerve roots of the spinal cord;
- incontinence of faeces and urine;
- violation of motor and motor functions;
- a non-relapsing pain syndrome that has been observed for a long time.
Rehabilitation period after surgery can take from three to six months.
It includes therapeutic gymnastics, which will strengthen the muscular-ligament apparatus of the back, the reception of painkillers, and the use of supporting devices.
Since the hernia of the spine can not pass itself, it is necessary to observe certain rules:
- bed rest for a month;
- keeping the operating area clean;
- the exclusion of sudden movements and lifting of weights;
- restriction of alcohol intake;
- avoidance of stress and extreme situations.
If you adhere to these simple rules, the consequences of surgery on the intervertebral hernia can dissolve within a few weeks. It is not recommended to take a bath to reduce the risk of getting into the wound infection.
As it turned out, the answer to the question, whether the vertebral hernia can resolve, is not consoling. Relief of symptoms is a characteristic feature of the cycle of the disease.
Therefore, when the first signs appear, it is necessary to immediately consult a specialized specialist.
It will help to eliminate the defect and restore health and mobility of the spine.
A source: http://VashPozvonok.ru/gryzha/mezhpozvonochnaya-gryzha-mozhet-li-rassosatsya/