Antibiotics for sinusitis in adults: names of tablets for treatment
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the paranasal sinuses, which in most cases is a consequence of acute sinusitis.
The name of the disease comes from the name of the maxillary sinuses of the nose, which are affected in the inflammatory process - the maxillary.
For the first time the symptoms of pathology were described several centuries ago by an English scientist named Gaymor, hence the name.
Among adults, about one in ten people suffer from acute or chronic sinusitis - these figures allow you to get understanding the extent of the prevalence of this pathology and to understand the importance of finding the optimal sinusitis.
More than 10% of cases of acute respiratory viral infection are diagnosed with acute sinusitis caused by the attachment of bacterial infection and corresponding complications.
Given that an adult is infected with ARVI about once a year, we can say that the sinusitis risks everyone. And the latest static data on sinusitis - this pathology is on the fifth place in the list of infectious diseases that need to be treated with antibiotics.
What antibiotics are used - how to choose a medicineThere are general principles that guide the doctor, choosing the best antibiotics for sinusitis for adults.
It can not be said that this medicine is the best antibiotic for sinusitis, and it will certainly help everyone, like mucolytics. First of all, the symptoms of the disease, their degree of severity, the characteristics of the patient are evaluated.
All antibiotics, which can treat sinusitis in adults, are divided into three large categories.
Preparations of the first line
These include those antibiotics for sinusitis, which are most effective at genyantritis and are the drugs of choice. They are appointed adults first. It:
All these tablets from sinusitis are usually well tolerated and give excellent results with timely and correct use, like mucolytics.
Preparations of the second line
Drugs from this group of antibiotics are prescribed if the patient lives in a region in which a high level of ENT diseases caused by resistant microorganisms is recorded. They are prescribed to adults, if the symptoms of sinusitis do not disappear after a course of therapy with antibiotics of the first line.
This group includes such tablets from sinusitis:
- Amoxicillin / Clavulanic acid;
- Cephalosporins of the 2nd and 3rd generation.
Such drugs can treat both chronic and acute sinusitis.
Injuries in genyantema
There is a separate category of patients with the so-called nosocomial sinusitis. In this case, tablets from antritis antimicrobial effect are not effective, antibiotics should be administered intravenously. Injection prescribe such drugs:
Each medicine from the above has its own peculiarities of the impact on the body with genyantritis, they need to be taken in different dosages and according to different schemes.
Therefore, it is worthwhile to consider in detail each of them, in order to understand when and what it is best to treat sinusitis.
Penicillins in the treatment of genyantritisTreatment of maxillary sinusitis with antibiotics from the penicillin group is the most reliable and safe. Usually these tablets from a genyantritis are well transferred, they are appointed or nominated to patients of any age.
They can be taken during pregnancy and lactation, as well as mucolytics. Numerous official studies have confirmed that these drugs do not have a negative effect on the fetus.
Amoxicillin and its derivatives refer to first line drugs in sinusitis. But they do not always manage to treat atypical strains effectively. Some bacteria are able to produce beta-lactamases - substances that can destroy the beta-lactam ring of the antibiotic.
Antibiotics from the penicillin group are unprotected, and if the sinusitis is caused by pathogenic microorganisms capable of to produce beta-lactamase, to drink Amoxicillin in tablets is meaningless - the symptoms will not disappear, and the disease will be progress.
Antibiotics from the group of macrolides with genyantritis
Alternative drugs of choice, if unprotected penicillins could not eliminate the symptoms of sinusitis - macrolides. These medicines do not have a lactam ring. Consequently, they will be effective even against those strains whose microorganisms are capable of producing beta-lactamases.
Macrolides are more active than unprotected penicillins with respect to the Moraxella bacteria. They can be used in the treatment of acute sinusitis if the patient suffers penicillin intolerance. Most often from this group appoint Clarithromycin and Azithromycin.
This is a second-generation macrolide. It is effective against virtually all microorganisms that can cause acute or chronic sinusitis. Take the drug in this dosage - 500-750 mg twice a day.
Clarithromycin is most effective if taken at regular intervals. The course of treatment lasts no less than 7 and not more than 10 days. Dosage and duration of treatment can be adjusted if necessary by a doctor.
This drug is a 15-member macrolide. It has a long half-life. Therefore, the treatment schedule and its duration are radically different from the use of other antibacterial medicines.
On the first day, 500 mg of the drug should be taken once. Then you should take 250 mg daily for four more days. The total duration of treatment is five days.
Treatment of sinusitis with second line antibiotics
If both penicillins and macrolides prove to be ineffective in the treatment of sinusitis, they pass to treatment with antibacterial drugs of the second line. To select the right medicine, the patient's material is first sown to establish sensitivity to various antibiotics.
How can it be determined with empirical prescription of drugs that strains of the microorganism are resistant to the drugs being taken, what are the symptoms indicating this? Infection with antibiotic resistance of the first line by microorganisms can be assumed if no improvement in the patient's state of health is noted after 2-3 days after the initiation of therapy.
Symptoms of an organism intoxication at an acute sinusitis:
- General weakness.
If they do not disappear, but are retained or become stronger, despite the administration of Amoxicillin or Clarithromycin, they proceed to treat pathology with second-line antibiotics. These are fluoroquinolones and cephalosporins.
Amoxicillin plus clavulanic acidAbove it was said about the main and essential shortage of Amoxicillin - due to the presence of the lactam ring it loses its activity in case of infection with microorganisms that are capable of producing beta-lactamase.
Therefore, it is best to select an alternative antibiotic, to sow the contents of the maxillary sinuses of the patient. This will allow one hundred percent to accurately determine whether the patient is sensitive to certain antibacterial drugs and which is better to choose. What is the difficulty?
In order to get the contents of the maxillary sinuses, it is necessary to make a puncture - puncture of the paranasal tissues with a special syringe and mucus from them. This is a rather complicated and serious procedure that requires strict adherence to sterility. Not all patients agree to it, because often it is necessary to immediately switch to the selection of second-line drugs.
There is an antibiotic that retains all the properties of Amoxicillin, but is immune to penicillinase. Such preparations are called protected penicillins, these are combinations of Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid.
This is Augmentin in tablets, Amoxiclav, Flemoclav. According to studies of physicians, the effectiveness of treatment of sinusitis with these medicines is more than 90%.
The dosage of amoxicillin protected by clavulanic acid is determined by the doctor, taking into account the nature of the disease and the degree of its manifestation. Adults are prescribed from 500 to 1000 mg once a day.
Cephalosporins in tablets as alternative drugs
Cephalosporins in the form of tablets from the common cold of the second and third generation are alternative second line drugs that are also effective in treating sinusitis. For oral administration, one of the following drugs is selected:
In pharmacies most often this antibiotic of the second line from the group of cephalosporins is offered from three different manufacturers - Ceforoxime Sandoz from the German pharmaceutical company, Zinnat from the manufacturer Glaxo and the drug Aksef from the company Medokemi, located on Cyprus.
Cefuroxime is active against most known strains of microorganisms that can cause acute sinusitis. He is also not prone to penicillinase. The standard dosage of the drug is 250 mg twice a day at regular intervals.
Cefpodoxime.These tablets are a third generation antibiotic. The main difference between the preparations of this group of cephalosporins is their effectiveness against gram-negative pathogenic microflora. Ceppodoxime in liquid form for injection is distinguished by a very high level of bioavailability. But in tablets this same substance, on the contrary, is absorbed by the intestine badly.
In the pharmacy it can be found as tablets of various dosages of Cefodox from the Jordanian pharmaceutical company - 100 and 200 mg in one tablet. Less common drug Tsepodem of Indian origin. It is more affordable, but the effectiveness of doctors give preference to Cephodox.
The intestine absorbs Cefodox in tablets by little more than half. This is a fairly low rate, because in no case can you change the dosage and schedule of the drug prescribed by your doctor.
Usually 200 mg of the drug are indicated twice a day. Duration of treatment - up to 10 days.
The drug refers to antibacterial third generation drugs on a semi-synthetic basis. Has a significant disadvantage - low activity in relation to gram-positive microorganisms. For example, Staphylococcus aureus, which is often the causative agent of acute and chronic sinusitis, is resistant to Cefixima.
The drug is poorly absorbed by the intestine, its bioavailability is even lower than that of Cefpodoxim - only 40-50%. As an alternative medicament, an antibiotic, Suprax, can be considered, which has the same efficacy, but is absorbed better by the dispersible form of release.
Less common, but also can be used as an analogue of the Indian drug Ixim and tablets from the Macedonian company Panzef.
Antibacterial injections for sinusitisDo you really need antibiotics pricks in sinusitis - this issue still remains controversial for domestic otolaryngologists. Of course, getting immediately into the blood, the antibiotic several times faster than the pill, starts to act, eliminating the symptoms of sinusitis. But is there a need for this?
On the one hand, it is easier for a doctor to immediately prescribe an antibiotic for parenteral administration, which will definitely work than pick up pills whose effectiveness is only hypothetical. On the other hand, the patient is only too glad to get rid of the impassive nasal congestion, purulent secretions, headache and finally breathe normally, in this case, often a puncture sinusitis.
Therefore, when the otolaryngologist writes out a prescription of antibiotics in a liquid form for injections, assuring that this the only way to combat the exhausted disease, the patient agrees without hesitation, takes the prescription and obediently goes to pharmacy.
The duration of treatment with the help of injections is the same as treatment with antibiotics in tablets - from 7 to 10 days. And the result is usually noticeable. But the side effects in most cases are so great and serious that after treatment sinusitis has to move to the treatment of other internal organs and the restoration of a completely destroyed immunity.
So are injections of antibiotics necessary for sinusitis? Yes, there are situations when one can not do without them. Parenteral administration of antibacterial drugs is indicated for nosocomial maxillary sinusitis. The causative agents of the inflammatory process are mainly gram-negative microorganisms with high resistance to antibiotics.
Aminoglycoside antimicrobial agents are active in bacteria of this type. In this case, empirical appointments are inexpedient, it is mandatory to make culture sowing to detect the sensitivity of bacteria, and then, according to the results, select an antibiotic.
In conclusion, we offer a cognitive video about antibiotics for sinusitis.
The use of sinusitis from sinusitis is expensive, but is it effective?
A lot of conflicting information on websites and forums about an expensive drug for the treatment of diseases of the paranasal sinuses - Sinuforte. This remedy for sinusitis and sinusitis is advertised in the networks as a very effective, natural medicine, many positive reviews that it really helps in the treatment of this ailment.
This article will help many to understand who can use this tool, to whom it is categorically contraindicated. Here we will consider the negative aspects of its use and the effective component of the drug's action, so that many can avoid serious mistakes in the treatment of sinusitis.
To treat sinusitis Sinuforte should be approached very individual, because to one patient he is very it helps to clear sinuses, in others, on the contrary, causes deterioration, or simply does not render effect. The information below should in no case be taken as a substitute for a medical consultation by a qualified otolaryngologist.
Does Sinuphort help with sinusitis?
This question is of interest to most people with chronic sinusitis. After all, the drug is very expensive, its price ranges from 1600 to 1800 rubles, and the composition of Sinuforte according to the instructions is a lyophilizate of fresh juice and an extract of tubers of European cyclamen. It is known that cyclamen in folk medicine is widely used as a unique tool that permanently relieves patients of chronic sinusitis, sinusitis, polyps and adenoids.
With genyantritis stagnation of purulent contents in the sinuses of the nose occurs due to a violation of air exchange, edema mucous, so most often the mucus becomes thick, dense, its accumulation increases and the outflow becomes difficult. There is a vicious circle. What effect does cyclamen have on sinusitis? Saponins - the substances contained in this plant act on receptors in the sinuses of the nose, exciting sensitive neurons of the trigeminal nerve. When the juice of the cyclamen enters the nasal cavity, the purulent contents are liquefied, the edema of the mucosa decreases and the outflow of fluid increases many times.
In case the patient has a history of the slightest signs of various allergic reactions to herbs, food products, etc., the effect is often completely opposite. When applying Sinuforte with sinusitis, there may be a short-term lacrimation, headache, burning, sneezing, if such phenomena quickly pass, then the drug should not be canceled. However, if the patient's nose was even stronger, there was an even greater swelling of the mucous membrane, a significant cutaneous irritation, redness, urticaria, dyspnea, up to Quincke's edema, discontinue its use and refer to the doctor.
If the patient has doubts about the alleged allergic reaction in his cyclamen, so as not to waste money in vain, you can try to use folk recipes for treatment of genyantritis with cyclamen, and determine whether there is an increased sensitivity to cyclamen juice or no.
The recipe for cooking cyclamen drops from sinusitis
To do this, you need to thoroughly clean the cyclamen tubers with a brush, then rub it on a fine grater, squeeze or pass through a juicer. Under no circumstances should you use pure juice for instillation, first it should be diluted with boiled water and add sunflower oil or homeopathic oil of thuya in the proportion of approximately: 0, otherwise you can get burned with nasopharyngeal mucosa that worsen the situation. Bury in the morning no more than 2 drops in each nostril, lie on the side to which nostril are buried the juice, then lie down for another 5-10 minutes.
First, there will be a burning sensation and a repeated sneeze. If there are no allergic reactions, then this procedure should be done every morning for 7 days. Already on the second or third day the sinuses will begin to be cleansed, the purulent discharge can go out in a very large amount. The Kalanchoe juice has a similar effect. And cyclamen, and Kalanchoe, many women grow at home as a medicinal and decorative plant, so finding it is not difficult.
When using cyclamen juice or Sinuphorte from sinusitis, it is necessary to strictly follow the dosage, since saponins with an overdose can have a negative effect on the respiratory, cardiovascular and nervous systems organism.
How correctly to apply Sinuphorte?
The instruction to the preparation gives clear explanations of how to dilute the lyophilizate correctly by illustrating step by step actions to prepare the medicine. The main conditions for the competent use of the drug are a thorough shaking of the solution to completely dissolve the powder, before use, 2 spraying into the air, and when injected into the nose should hold your breath, since the ingress of an aggressive stimulus in the respiratory tract dangerous.
Are there any drops of Sinuphort?
Since the use of cyclamen should be strictly dosage, no drops of Sinuphorte exist, this remedy It is available only as a lyophilizate for solution preparation and is used as a spray to control dosage.
Does everyone help Sinuphrot?
In view of the foregoing, this drug can have a very effective effect for purification and purulent purification from the sinuses of the nose, provided that:
- The patient does not have any allergic reactions in the anamnesis to any medicinal plants, chemicals, food, etc. immediate or delayed type
- The patient does not have polyps, cysts in the paranasal sinuses
- The patient does not suffer from hypertension
- Strictly observed rules for the use of the drug, dosage
- If there is a comprehensive treatment of sinusitis, together with antibacterial, vasoconstrictive, immunotherapy, etc. procedures.
Can I use Sinuphorte in pregnancy?
Even natural herbal preparations can not all be used in pregnancy. Neither during pregnancy nor while breastfeeding Sinuphorte can not be used. The action of the medicine on the growing children's organism is not yet thoroughly studied, and unnecessary negative side effects for the pregnant woman are useless. To date, there are many drugs for the treatment of rhinosinusitis, which are allowed to use during pregnancy.
Can I apply Sinuphort for children?
In the instructions to the drug, contra-indications are stipulated for the use of this drug for children under 5 years of age, since studies in this direction have not been carried out. According to some sources, the restrictive age of application is 12 years and 16 years. This is because the growing child's body is likely to appear inadequate reaction of a weak immune system - allergic manifestations of varying degrees. Therefore, a remedy for sinusitis Sinuforte is considered a drug for the treatment of adults only.
How to take azithromycin with genyantema
A rhinitis can be accompanied by uneasy usual cold, but also an inflammation in gajmorovyh sinuses. The delay in detecting the disease and later treatment leads to the formation of pus in the nasal passages. And this is very dangerous. Here you can read what signs can be evidence of sinusitis. By the reference it is possible to read than the genyantritis is dangerous and how it or him to treat. Therefore, to quickly cure such a disease at its very beginning resort to antibiotics. Of course, there is nothing good in them, but this forced measure saves the body from harmful consequences. Only it is necessary to choose an effective and most sparing medicine, capable in the shortest possible time to get rid of an unpleasant sinusitis (or as it is also called maxillitis). In the fight against such a disease, the drug "Azithromycin" proved to be very successful.
This drug is an antibacterial agent that has a wide range of effects on the body. It is able to accumulate in large quantities in the focus of inflammation and block the work of pathogens. The drug prevents their reproduction, and they eventually die.Azithromycin penetrates deep into the respiratory tract, and is also able to quickly enter the blood.Due to these features, its effect becomes noticeable after several hours after taking the medication. It effectively treats sinusitis, eliminating the causative agents of this infection - streptococci, staphylococci and other pathogens. If you do not want to choose another medicine or methods, then the link describes methods of treating sinusitis. Very popular spray from sinusitis sinufore.
Azithromycin has a long half-life. He can stay in the body for a long time. Therefore, his reception can be only once a day. And the treatment course is much less than with the use of other antibiotics. The most remarkable is that the drug can be used in parallel with folk remedies for the treatment of sinusitis.
This antibiotic is produced synthetically from erythromycin. It is able to muffle protein biosynthesis and slow down the growth of microbes, destroying their vital functions.
Forms of the preparation
It is produced in the form of powder, tablets or suspension. In each of these forms there is a different dosage:
- gelatin capsules with a dosage of 250, 500 and 600 mg;
- The powder is intended for the preparation of a suspension. Of its five mg, 200 ml of a medicinal formulation are obtained, which is used for both oral drinking and injections;
- the suspensions run at 100 and 200 mg.
One tablet of the drug contains azithromycin dihydrate in a dosage of 250 or 500 mg, anhydrous lactose in the form of monohydrate, croscarmellose sodium, corn starch, hypromelose, macrogol 4000, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide and additives E 171 and E 172.
One gram of powder contains azithromycin dihydrate in the amount of 15, 30 or 75 mg. Additional components are: calcium stearate, tartrazine, silicon dioxide, xanthan gum, sodium carbonate and benzonate, ponso, sugar, aspartame and aromatic additives.
The video tells how to treat sinusitis:
It is able to suppress Gram-positive bacteria, which serve as the main cause of sinusitis. It is used to eliminate inflammation in the sinuses of the nose. Many patients speak of it as a mixture of three tablets.
This is because a noticeable elimination of the disease occurs after the third dose. Always there is a question, how many days to drink. All information is specified in the instructions. This drug produces several pharmacological firms and almost every one of their products can be drunk at any time, regardless of the meal. In addition to the drug from the company Zmax. If the purchased product is produced exactly by this brand, then it should be drunk on an empty stomach one hour before a meal or two hours after. Food can prevent completely assimilate the drug.
The effectiveness of the drug is achieved by observing the following dosages:
- For children under 12, doctors always prescribe a suspension. It is easy to drink, and like kids. Thanks to this form, it is absorbed into the blood more quickly. Calculation of the dose is carried out taking into account the mass of the child 10 mg of the funds goes to 1 kg. It must be taken once a day, preferably in the morning. Do this for 3 days. Sometimes, for the first time, a dose of 10 mg / kg is calculated, and then another four days are drunk, but already 5 mg / kg.If necessary, the dosage can be increased, but the maximum limit of 30 mg per kilogram should not be exceeded.
- infants up to 5 kg of medication is not recommended;
- children over the age of 12 are already assigned a pill, usually a dose of 125 or 250 mg;
- Adults treatment course is a minimum of five days. Tablets can be taken in two schemes. In one case, 500 mg is drunk for the first dose, and then it is drunk for the same 3 more days. In the second case, a double dose is initially taken, and then 250 mg is drunk for 4 days.
How many days to drink antibiotics for sinusitis? The duration of treatment is an average of 7 days, with acute forms can reach two weeks. In the case of chronic sinusitis can last longer. But if after 14 days of using the drug there are no changes for the better, then it should be replaced, after consulting with the doctor. Treatment of sinusitis should occur under the supervision of a doctor. Sometimes people try to cure an ailment at home, doing inhalations with genyantritis. This is dangerous if you are carrying out inhalations at some stages of the disease.
Contraindications and possible side effects
Azithromycin is not recommended for people with kidney and liver disease. It should be carefully taken with people with mental disorders. And patients who have high sensitivity to antibiotics related to macrolides.
The drug can be used for pregnant women if the risk for the mother is higher than for the fetus. It belongs to the drugs of group B - a reliable category, safe for many patients.
But still it has its side effects:
- general weakness;
- headache or dizziness;
- hearing impairment;
- rash or redness on the skin.
But, as practice shows, such phenomena occur quite rarely. The above symptoms can very well cause sinusitis itself, which is leaking in any form can significantly weaken the body.
Azithromycin is an indispensable tool for those who want to get rid of maxillary sinusitis in the shortest possible time. He is able to eliminate the causative agents of his illness with his doses and for a long time to prevent their appearance, due to the main property - to stay in the body for a long time. With prolonged use, its bactericidal action is also manifested. This drug is not addictive even with regular use for a long time. For the treatment of sinusitis, a pit procedure is also used, drops in the nose of rhinofluimucil. Also about the symptoms, causes, prevention and treatment of sinusitis you can read here. If you have catarrh of the maxillary sinusitis. then the symptoms and treatment are described here.
- Svetlana, 29 years old:"In the middle of winter, I began to suffer unbearable headaches. I took various pills, but they did not help me, I resorted to folk medicine, and it was in vain. After prolonged anguish, she went to see a doctor. After consultation there was a double feeling. I told him about the symptoms, and after examining the chronic diseases, and he put forward three alleged diagnoses: cerebral vascular disease, sinusitis and chondrosis. To say that I was in amazement was to say nothing. I, doubting the competence of the doctor, went to another specialist. As a result, after taking the tests, two of my three diagnoses - chondrosis and sinusitis - were confirmed. And the last, it turns out, was for me not for the first year, and I all referred to headaches, which again provoked sinusitis, which began after a common cold. The doctor, having learned that I was allergic, told me how carefully to take the prescribed drugs, and azithromycin among them. This is the name I heard for the first time, so I began to ask more about him. It turned out that this is an analogue of sumamed. Produce it in Russia, it costs five times less, and the action has the same. The genyantritis after a course of treatment has passed or has taken place, but at the first signs I go to buy in a drugstore azithromycin, because it is convinced of its rapid effect and to change to other drugs this medicine not going to. I recommend taking it to everyone who suffers from the same disease as I have, but under the supervision of a doctor. Remember that he is an antibiotic. "
- Lydia, 56 years old:"I have chronic sinusitis. Taught by many years of struggle with him, I know what medicines to take at his first symptoms. My indispensable assistant is the antibiotic Azithromycin. I know that antibiotics are often not worth using, but this one does not cause any diseases or allergies in my body. Therefore, he constantly is in my medicine cabinet. This drug is a broad spectrum of action, it can be used for various respiratory diseases. Modest cardboard packaging, which contains 6 capsules, is inexpensive and therefore available to all. It is more effective than foreign analogues and much cheaper, so why overpay. It can be bought in two packages, as the shelf life is two years. This medicine can be used to treat the whole family if necessary. "
- Love, 45 years old: "I would say that this is a very convenient antibiotic. It is this main quality that differs from its analogues. After all, the course of taking Azithromycin is only three days. If you buy a package with a dosage of tablets of 500 mg, then half of it will remain until the next time. Of course, you should not think about it, so as not to click, but this is life and we all are sick. Another distinguishing feature of this rapid-acting remedy is its period of exposure to the body, which lasts for 10 days. This drug has the property of accumulating, and when its concentration reaches the desired limit, it impacts the diseased organ. This effect was experienced not only by me, but also by my husband. A couple of months after I cured sinusitis, he developed bronchitis. In the annotation to Azithromycin it was said that it is effective in bronchitis. Her husband drank it for three days for 500 mg, and then another 2 days, halving the dose. After that, everything passed. Together with these preparations, we necessarily drank useful bacteria in a tablet form to reduce the effect of the antibiotic and restore the microflora of the stomach. "
Antibiotics for the treatment of genyantritisThe last century is called "the era of antibiotics." Having received the medicine, acting on the causative agent of the disease, the doctors urgently included him in the treatment of all in pharmacies, they were in free sale, and the patients themselves prescribe therapy. This led to the development of mass resistance to the main groups of antibiotics, the development of allergic reactions.
New means based on plant raw materials for the treatment of inflammatory processes have been synthesized. At present, the absence of a bactericidal (destroying) effect of antibiotics on viruses and fungi has been proven. They are completely useless in the genyantrites caused by influenza viruses, adenoviruses, herpes, with complications of measles and chicken pox.
Sinusitis - an inflammation of the nasal sinuses often complicates the common cold. Antibiotics for sinusitis are used in cases of radiographic confirmation of the disease. Question: "What antibiotics to drink at a genyantritis?" - Excites every patient, tired of a headache, a cold and the absence of nasal breathing. Let's try to figure out the most effective treatment for sinusitis, we can be sure.
When to start taking antibiotics for genyantemaThe disease begins with a common cold, which is not paid attention or trying to apply drops in the nose. But the headache, dilating pains under the eyes joins, the temperature rises, and the nose is so clogged that you have to breathe with your mouth. Clinical symptoms are confirmed by an additional examination. The doctor prescribes antibiotics for sinusitis after the first treatment of the patient.
How to take an antibiotic depends on the severity of the condition. You can choose from tablets, injections, drops or sprays.Sprays have advantages over tableted treatment and drops: there is no unnecessary effect on mucous membranes stomach, the drug in a concentrated form is delivered almost to the place of inflammation, convenient in application.
Drops with a vasoconstrictor are prescribed at the initial stage of sinusitis to facilitate breathing. Correct introduction of drops into the nasal passage is carried out in the prone position with the head turned to the side. Recommended remedies such as naftizine, galazoline, xylenes.
The drops "Sinupret" have antiviral activity, do not cause an allergic reaction. Made from famous herbs. They are not buried in the nose, you have to take it for treatment. Given the safety of drops, sinupret is used in the treatment of a common cold in children; there are no contraindications other than individual intolerance.
Sinusitis can cause serious complications
- inflammation of the membranes of the brain (meningitis);
- the appearance of isolated suppuration (abscess) in the brain substance;
- persistent loss of sense of smell;
- inflammation of the branches of the trigeminal and facial nerves;
- transition of the process to the orbit and the bone of the upper jaw;
- spread down the respiratory tract to the trachea and bronchi.
Therefore, timely treatment of sinusitis with the use of antibiotics serves as a reliable solution to possible problems.
Use of antibiotics in sprays
The combination of a convenient form of administration and antimicrobial action makes it very effective to use a spray form of antibiotics to treat sinusitis.
- Bioparox (fusafungin) - nasal aminopeptidny spray, has a strong nebulizing property, deeply penetrates into the tissue. It is active against staphylococci, streptococci, fungi, Recommended for the treatment of fungal and bacterial sinusitis. Of the side effects known: redness of the skin, numbness of the nasal mucosa.
- Isophra - spray based on the antibiotic framicetin, a member of the aminoglycoside group, has a wide spectrum of action. Allergic reactions are possible.
What antibiotics are more often used for genyantritisUsually prescribed penicillin, ampicillin, cephalosporins (cefazolin, cephalexin), sporidex, augmentin. There are antibiotics of more powerful action, they constitute a group of "reserve" for the treatment of sinusitis. Because of side effects do not apply for sinusitis in pregnant women and in the period of breastfeeding.
- Macroben (midecamycin) is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. The negative consequences include: skin rash, stomatitis (inflammation of the oral mucosa), loss of appetite, dyspnea associated with bronchospasm. Gives a cross-allergic reaction with drugs containing aspirin. It is not recommended in the treatment of sinusitis with concomitant liver damage, in children up to three years.
- Zitrolide - belongs to the group of macrolide antibiotics, it also has a wide range of effects on various pathogens. Less toxic. Side effects are observed in the form of bloating (flatulence), pain along the bowels, insomnia, palpitation and pain in the heart. Therefore, it is not recommended for patients with chronic severe diseases of the liver and kidneys, elderly people with a disturbed rhythm of the heart, children under 16 years old.
- Azithromycin is an analog of zitrolide. Can cause abdominal pain, diarrhea (diarrhea), allergic reactions.
Rules for taking antibiotics
It must be remembered that
- whatever remarkable antibiotics the doctor has appointed, they will only work in a sufficient dose. Do not arbitrarily increase or decrease dosage.
- The course of treatment of sinusitis with antibacterial drugs in drops, tablets, sprays or injections must be brought to an end. Usually it's 7-10 days. Otherwise, a very unpleasant process of drug resistance to the drug is developing.
- Long-term treatment with antibiotics is one of the reasons for the development of intestinal dysbiosis, in which useful intestinal microorganisms are destroyed.
- If you are hypersensitive to some medicine, tell your doctor.
- During treatment, it is strictly forbidden to take alcoholic beverages.
- When buying an antibiotic in a pharmacy, pay attention to the expiration date, it is indicated on the package.
- The appearance of any incomprehensible symptoms on the background of antibiotic treatment should be reported to the doctor in charge.
The use of antibiotics to treat sinusitis in children
Children often have acute sinusitis as a complication of normal rhinitis. More than adults have an allergic component in the disease, so pediatricians must prescribe drops in the nose with anti-allergic drugs. Antibiotics are not always needed.
Sprays for children should not cause burning sensation in the nose. Often prescribe sprays from sea water to wash the nasal passages.
The use of drops of vasoconstrictive action should be limited to three to four days.
The most frequent antibiotics recommended for children
- Amoxicillin - even prescribed to the newborn in the form of a suspension (mix granules with water).
- Solutab flemoxin is a combined preparation containing the antibiotic aminophylline. A syrup or suspension is also prepared.
- Cefuroxime is an antibiotic from the group of cephalosporins. It is part of the drugs: aksetina, zinnata and zinatsef.
- Antibiotics of the aminoglycoside group are part of nasal sprays of polidex and isophra. Isofra is shown for children older than a year, polydex is older, years.
- Sumamed (azithromycin) from the group of macrolides is the least toxic antibiotic. It is prescribed to children from six months to three years in the form of a suspension. The elder - in tablets.
The era of antibiotics was over, but they did not stop using them. The attitude towards these funds has become more reasonable. The sale of antibiotics in pharmacies is limited to prescription instructions of doctors.