If it is wrong to treat ARVI or the flu, then as a complication to the common cold and sore throat a moist or dry cough joins. This is a manifestation of bronchitis. It is useful to know how to treat bronchitis in adults at home, so that during the first stages of the development of the disease successfully cope with its symptoms.
- Which doctor heals
- Signs of acute bronchitis in adults
- Treatment of acute bronchitis with medicines
- Treatment regimen
- Bronchitis without fever
- Without a cough
- Whether to take antibiotics
- Biseptol treatment
- Without antibiotics
- What folk methods will help in home treatment
- Radish with honey
- Badger fat treatment
- Therapy with fresh juices
- Treatment of chronic bronchitis with folk remedies
How to treat acute bronchitis at home Treatment of obstructive bronchitis in children Effective expectorants for coughing with bronchitis How to treat chronic bronchitis in adults Whether to visit a bath with bronchitis or not: how to bathe properly
Important!Treatment of bronchitis must necessarily be comprehensive. It includes the fight against the virus or infection, the effect on the bronchi (sputum should normally be eliminated), as well as the elimination of factors that can provoke the disease.
Which doctor heals
Both children and adults should consult a doctor-therapist, lung specialist. It is he who deals with the treatment and diagnosis of the respiratory system and bronchial, pulmonary diseases. There are countries where pulmonology is called thoracic and respiratory medicine. For diagnostics the doctor hears the presence of wheezing in the lungs, and determines whether there are any more serious diseases.
Signs of acute bronchitis in adults
We will look at the signs and symptoms of acute bronchitis, so if the treatment does not start on time, it will develop into chronic bronchitis, which will lead to longer treatment. There are several symptoms that accompany bronchitis in acute form:
- regular cough (more likely to be a primary form);
- dry cough or discharge of mucus;
- fever, temperature 38-39 degrees;
- wheezing when breathing;
- sore throat;
- lack of appetite;
Important!About the symptoms and treatment of obstructive bronchitis read in our article.
Treatment of acute bronchitis with medicines
For the treatment of acute bronchitis at home, antibiotics are not always prescribed, but if there are indications for prolonged treatment or changes in blood, then recommend such drugs:
- penicillins (Ampicillin, Amoxicillin);
- macrolides (Sumamed, Azithromycin, Azitrox);
- fluoroquinols (Levofloxacin);
- Cephalosporins (Cefazolin - injection).
The intake of these drugs varies from 5 to 10 days, the course and dosage is determined by the attending physician.
Be sure to use antiviral drugs:
- Interferon (5 drops 6 times a day);
The complex treatment of acute bronchitis includes cough suppressants:
It is also necessary to take expectorants:
- ATSTS (100 mg 3 times a day).
In a situation, how to treat bronchitis in adults at home, it is necessary to comply with bed rest for at least a few days. When it becomes easier and the temperature will drop, you can go out for a short while on outdoor walks, continuing the basic treatment.
Also in the treatment regime, an important role is played by diet. It should be, if possible, on milk, cereals and plant foods. Organism, in the period of bronchitis, requires a lot of vitamins, so in the diet of the patient need to include more fresh vegetables and fruits.
It is necessary to give up smoking: this harmful habit provokes a dry cough, which adversely affects the timing of recovery. Sputum must be quickly diluted to remove from the body. There will help regular warm drinking.
Important!A lot of drinking with bronchitis is needed not only for the dilution of phlegm. Also, a liquid, from three liters per day, allows the body to quickly clear of toxins and toxins, which contributes to recovery.
Any drinks are suitable for drinking during illness, it is important that the drinks are warm and, preferably, fortified. You can pay attention to broths of wild rose and raspberry, linden flowers, mint and chamomile. Excellent in the treatment will affect milk and honey cocktails.
Important!Strong tea and coffee in the period of bronchitis is not worth drinking. These drinks lead to rapid dehydration of the body.
If the cough is dry, you can put in the room where the patient is, the humidifier. This device not only moisturizes, but also cleans the air in the room. Once a day in the patient's room, a damp cleaning must be carried out without fail.
Bronchitis without fever
If the course of the disease runs without temperature, it is important not to engage in self-medication. The doctor, if necessary, will prescribe antibiotics, the therapy will include taking antiviral medications that promote expectoration and vitamin. It is allowed to treat non-traditional medicine after consulting with the doctor: herbal collections, badger fat, inhalation solutions. You can not do without proper nutrition, give the body a rest, lie more.
Without a cough
This is a rare phenomenon, since cough is the main sign of bronchitis. To do this, appoint mucolytics, medications, which will cause expectoration to cause the production of mucus. Also, taking these drugs will ease the course of the disease. The doctor is able to prescribe and combined drugs that can have a similar effect. Requires intake of vitamin C, antipyretic and compliance with bed rest.
Whether to take antibiotics
If bronchitis leads to respiratory failure, a person is urgently hospitalized. He is placed in the hospital in the pulmonology department. With a mild form of bronchitis, you can be treated at home, taking various medications that the doctor will prescribe.
If the bronchitis is caused by an influenza virus or a cold, then the doctor usually prescribes antibiotics. But with strong immunity, the body itself, without additional antibiotics, can cope with the disease. If after 4-5 days of traditional treatment the condition improves, the doctor refuses antibiotics. When there is a new temperature jump, pus is coughing up with a cough, without taking antibiotics in such a situation can not be dispensed with.
Important!Antibiotic must prescribe a doctor!
Not all cases of bronchitis are treated with antibacterial drugs. But if it requires this, they designate:
- Erythromycin, Spiramycin, Amoxicillin (more often with acute disease);
- Amoxislav, Augmentin, Arlet (recommended for chronic bronchitis);
- Ceftriaxone, Rovamycin, Flemoxin (may be prescribed in drops, or in tablets or in a complex).
It is strictly forbidden to interrupt the course of antibiotic therapy. On the second day of admission, there should be a marked improvement, if this does not happen, be sure to notify the doctor (it is necessary to change the drug). At reception it is necessary to strictly observe the instruction.
What medicines for treatment of a bronchitis the doctor appoints necessarily:
- in the question of how to treat bronchitis in adults at home, you can not do without taking antiviral drugs. They are prescribed if the described illness passes against the background of the flu. These are drops in the nose, preparations of a common systemic action;
- expectorant medications. They are needed for sputum to withdraw more actively. Doctors often prescribe drugs Lazolvan, Herbion, Bromgexin, Ambrohexol and others.
Important!With a dry cough, which is often observed in the initial stages of the disease, you must first take drugs to soften the sputum "Glaucin", "Levopron", "Libexin," and then go on expectorant.
For treatment, the drug should be diluted as an intramuscular injection. To anesthetize the process of drug administration, it is diluted with lidocaine. Do not do more than 4 grams a day. If the patient has renal failure, the daily dose is no more than 2 g.
Before the injection, 500 mg of Ceftriaxone should be dissolved with 2 ml of water for injection, add 1% to 3.5 mg of lidocaine for 1 g of the prepared medicine. Enter a maximum of 1 g in 1 buttock.
- individual intolerance to the composition of the drug;
This drug belongs to the group of aminopecillins: kill bacteria, do not harm the health, from the minuses - can cause allergies. But the treatment of bronchitis does not produce antibiotics in about 10% of cases. If to you the preparation has appointed or nominated the expert it will specify exact doses and will specify in what form to accept a medicine (tablets, a powder, nyxes).
Dosage varies, starting from individual characteristics. But there is a ready-made scheme, which is recommended to adhere to: 480 mg 2 times a day, if therapy involves a long course, then apply 240 mg 2 times a day. That the microflora has not worsened, it is necessary to enter probiotics into the scheme. In case of impaired renal function, Biseptolum is contraindicated.
Sumamed for the treatment of bronchitis is used in the form of tablets, powder, capsules and injections. Antibiotic refers to macrolides. Estimated dose: with a weight of more than 45 kg - 500 mg 1 time per day for 1.5 hours before meals for three days.
Important!It is strictly prohibited: to violate the interval and dosage, at this time to drink alcohol. If you are taking other medications, tell your doctor.
To cure bronchitis without antibiotics, it is necessary to take comprehensive measures. You can use phytotherapy:
- for the removal of inflammation (to prepare from equal portions of mother-grass, oregano and alkaline dry root 1 tbsp. l. collect, pour it 200 ml of boiling water, put on a 15-minute water bath, cool the filter, divide the broth into parts and take for a day);
- for expectoration (mix crushed roots of althaea, licorice, leaves of salvia and pine buds, 2 tbsp. l. mixture pour 200 ml of boiling water, put on a water bath for 1/4 hours, then let it brew for 40-50 minutes, filter, drink hot after eating).
What folk methods will help in home treatment
In the cause of recovery, ways to treat bronchitis with folk remedies can not be ignored. It is necessary to coordinate the chosen remedy with a doctor in advance, but many herbs, infusions and mixtures for inhalations are prescribed by the doctors themselves.
The recommended method of therapy, which allows you to recover faster. It is important that the patient does not have increased heart rate and stabilized body temperature. Infusions for inhalations can be done on the basis of soda and salt, essential oil of eucalyptus, pine, mint. The basis of the infusion is taken by various herbal preparations, even garlic or rosemary oil.
Inhalation for children for the treatment of bronchitis is quite realistic to carry out at home even in the absence of a nebulizer. To do this, you need to prepare the solution (depending on the recipe), pour it into a deep container, ask the child to tilt the head and breathe steam, cover the head with a towel.
Recipes for inhalations (always consult a pediatrician):
- 8 drops of iodine, 1 tbsp. l. salt add to 1 liter of boiling water, you can add a little propolis;
- soak for 5 hours a branch of raspberries, sea buckthorn and dry mint.
Important!It is forbidden to conduct the procedure at elevated temperature.
Inhalation is a sufficient effective method for treating and alleviating the symptoms of the disease.
It is necessary to conduct the procedure with a time interval of one and a half hours before and after meals. It is forbidden to talk during inhalation. Aerosol should be inhaled by mouth through the mouthpiece. If you need to use several drugs with different actions at the same time - observe the interval of 15 minutes.
To expectorant and antitussive drugs include:
The remedies that help to relieve inflammation are Rotokan and Eucalyptus. Preparations with antiseptic properties - antibiotics Miramistin and Chlorophyllipt.
In many cases, massage has a therapeutic effect on the body and bronchitis is no exception. But do it only at normal body temperature. Massagers can be used for massage.
In the period of acute inflammation, gymnastics is contraindicated, but at the end of the healing process it will help. It can be any kind of respiratory gymnastics to strengthen the respiratory system and improve metabolism. Feel free to take breathing exercises from yoga, for example.
Important!The course of physiotherapy will help to fix the result of treatment, but you can undergo such procedures only on the recommendation of a doctor.
Radish with honey
Very effective and cheap recipe for traditional medicine. Take the radish and cut off the top, remove the flesh, so that in the root crop it turned out a depression. Pour in the deepening natural honey, cover with a cut top and let stand for several hours. Radish juice mixed with honey and this composition for 1 tbsp. spoon to drink three times a day. The method will help relieve cough.
Attention!This prescription is contraindicated in stomach ulcers and pancreatitis.
Anti-inflammatory herbs (brew 1 tbsp. spoon for 200 ml of water, insist an hour, drink three times a day):
- pharmaceutical camomile;
- St. John's wort;
- sage grass;
- calendula herb;
Badger fat treatment
Prepare a chocolate mass for sandwiches - mix several ingredients and put on a water bath (100 g butter and badger fat, later add cocoa chocolate in such proportions).
The recipe for a protracted disease:
- 150-180 g badger fat melt in a water bath, dilute 2 tbsp. l. juice of aloe, mix thoroughly, pour into a jar.
- Take before a nightly sleep of 1 tbsp. l., at the same time wash down with boiled milk.
Sandwiches will help in how to treat bronchitis in adults at home. Take the head of garlic, clean and squeeze out through the press. It is mixed with 100 g of butter (from 82.5% fat content). Add dill or other fresh herbs. Medicinal sandwiches eat several times a day.
Other uses of medicinal plants:
- 4 tbsp. Spoon the crushed leaves of plantain pour 100 ml of boiling water. Four hours to insist, then drink a decoction during the day in small sips.
- For an expectorant effect, use infusions or make inhalations based on the kidneys of pine, fennel, thyme, cumin.
- To increase immunity during the period of treatment, it is recommended to drink broths of plantain, violets, althea roots, yarrow.
- Inside take the root of licorice, mummy. These drugs, which are sold in pharmacies, also increase immunity.
- For direct treatment of bronchitis and strengthening protective functions, decoctions of parsley, horsetail, sheets and kidneys of birch, leaves of cranberries are used.
Therapy with fresh juices
Particular attention in the treatment of the described disease should be turned on beet juice. It purifies the blood of toxins, normalizes its composition. Cut the beetroot, squeeze the juice, put it in the refrigerator for 4 hours, and then drink it. You can also drink carrot juice, cranberries, white cabbage.
Treatment of chronic bronchitis with folk remedies
A method from which it is possible to obtain an effect in the treatment of chronic bronchitis in adults:
- Clear the radish, cut a dimple in it, and put honey in it.
- After a while, the root will give juice (use of the prescription is possible in the absence of allergies).
In folk medicine, a recipe is practiced with the products we often consume:
- 100 g of butter to grate on the grater (so that it becomes softer), squeeze out 5 cloves of garlic and add finely chopped greens (parsley, dill).
- The received mass to smear bread and eat like sandwiches.
If you prefer to give herbs, then you can prepare the infusion of plantain:
- 4 tbsp. l. crushed leaves of the plant pour 100 ml of boiling water, put for 4 hours to infuse;
- strain and drink ready-made infusion during the day (has an expectorant property).
In the treatment of bronchitis in the home, among other things, a positive psychological attitude is important. If you set yourself up for a speedy recovery, then the treatment process will definitely go faster.