A cough medicine for children: a list of effective. What to give to children from a dry cough
Cough is the most common sign for respiratory diseases. Especially alarming is when it occurs in young children. Its causes are diverse, and, based on this, the methods of combating it are different. How to choose a cough medicine for children? To answer this question, it is necessary to understand the mechanism of occurrence of such a symptom.
The main causes leading to the occurrence of cough in children
Cough reflex is a natural process in the body. It can indicate the presence of the disease, but can only serve to purify the airways from accumulated secretions. A single unobtrusive cough, not accompanied by a rise in body temperature or any changes in the behavior of the child, should not cause parents special anxiety. If coughing causes anxiety, then it is necessary to find out its cause, in order to choose the most effective cough medicine for children.
There are two leading factors that cause the emergence of cough: penetration into the body of the child's pathogen infection (and the development of a corresponding catarrhal disease) or the presence of an allergic reaction. A child's organism, especially a newborn, is imperfect and very sensitive to various viruses and bacteria that cause respiratory diseases.
These harmful agents, falling into the respiratory system with a flow of inhaled air, get on the mucous membrane, penetrate into its cells and begin actively multiply, while at the site of their introduction there is irritation and increased mucus formation, to which the body reacts with a cough. Similarly, a reaction to the ingress of allergens into the respiratory tract, whether particles of dust, animal hair or plant pollen, is formed. Cough is a protective reaction of the body to irritation of the mucous membranes of the respiratory system or inflammatory process in them and releases them from various mechanical particles, microorganisms and accumulated mucus. The following types of cough are distinguished by the nature, productivity and sound.
Types of cough
Distinguish cough dry (in other words, unproductive), which occurs at the initial stage of the disease and is not accompanied by seizure sputum, and moist (or productive) that occurs as sputum accumulates and contributes to its spillage.
Dry cough is considered the most intrusive. It can pass paroxysmally or resemble barking. Such a symptom tires the child, prevents him from sleeping and can cause vomiting. Barking coughing attacks most often occur with the development of tracheitis or laryngitis and are associated with changes in the vocal cords. To soften the throat, you can use anti-inflammatory sprays or lozenges and alkaline drink to children from dry cough. The medicine will remove the mucosal edema and reduce the inflammatory process.
Sometimes you can come across such a rare type of dry cough at the moment, like pertussis. It became rare because almost all children now receive vaccinations against whooping cough, which reliably protects them from this disease. Cough with whooping cough is dry, paroxysmal, leading the baby's body to exhaustion. With this disease prescribe sedatives and recommend walking in the fresh air.
Quite infrequently occurring disease - respiratory chlamydia of newborns, in which there is a development of coughing of sonorous, jerky, dry - staccato cough. When cured of the underlying disease, it quickly disappears.
There are also types of cough that are not associated with catarrhal diseases:
- cough of an allergic nature - manifests paroxysmally, often occurs at night, before the onset of an attack the child is cheerful, does not feel unwell, suddenly starts to cough often;
- spastic - differs from the usual dry cough in that with it at the end there is a whistling sound; he is very intrusive and is not treated with antitussive drugs;
- bitonal - occurs, in particular, when a foreign body enters the bronchi; with it, the low tone of the cough becomes high;
- cough, which occurs with bronchial asthma, - appears with deep breaths and is accompanied by pain;
- cough associated with food intake, sometimes arising in the pathology of the esophagus or stomach;
- cough of psychogenic origin, which occurs in stressful situations; he appears exclusively in the afternoon, but regularly, has a metallic echo.
The cough medicine for children should be selected taking into account that all respiratory diseases, mainly, manifested first dry cough, which after a period of time passes into the wet. But still, by the nature of the cough, it is possible to distinguish which part of the respiratory system has started the inflammation.
Features of cough in certain respiratory diseases
Laryngitis, or inflammation of the larynx, is manifested in the child by a dry cough, hoarseness of the voice, rapidity and difficulty breathing. There is a feeling of perspiration in the throat and severe pain when swallowing. After a while, the cough becomes wheezing due to a change in the airway lumen. Later, the swelling of the vocal cords subsides, and the cough becomes wet due to sputum discharge.
When tracheitis (trachea inflammation), the main symptom is a dry barking cough that starts suddenly, mainly during the night rest, and can last for several hours. Breathing can become whistling or wheezing. To alleviate the condition of the sick child, the doctor will suggest a cough suppressant, such as "Sinekod".
If the inflammatory process descends through the respiratory tract, then inflammation develops in the bronchial tubes (bronchitis) or in the lungs - pneumonia. These two diseases are distinguished from each other by X-ray examination. The initial stage of bronchitis is not different from other respiratory diseases - there are pain in the larynx, nose pawns, the child is sleepy and sluggish. Cough also from the dry at the beginning of the disease becomes wet. If there was an edema in the mucosa of the bronchus itself and the narrowing of its lumen, one speaks of obstructive bronchitis, which is quite common in allergies. If bronchitis is not cured, it can develop into a chronic form, which is fraught with depletion of bronchial walls and the emergence of bronchial asthma.
For the treatment of cough in children, many drugs are produced that have different active ingredients and differ in the mechanism of action. If you fight with children's cough alone, you need to understand them very well, so as not to harm and not aggravate the course of the disease.
Medicines against cough for children: classification
All medicines for cough are divided into two large groups - preparations of central and peripheral action.
The medicines that act through the central nervous system include Sinekod, Tusuprex, Libexin and others. They act overwhelmingly on the cough center in the cerebral cortex, very quickly inhibit the cough reflex and can be prescribed to children from a dry cough. The medicine is chosen for them only by the doctor, since it does not reduce the inflammatory process in the respiratory tract and with increased mucus formation it can be stagnant. Therefore, they should be used only on the advice of a pediatrician and only with a dry paroxysmal cough (for example, with whooping cough).
Preparations that have a peripheral effect, in turn, are subdivided according to the mechanism of action into several species. They include:
- Coughing agents that envelop the irritated areas of the mucous membrane in the upper parts of the respiratory system and reduce the inflammatory processes in it. They are appointed with the appearance of initial signs of irritation. They are good for children from a dry cough; the medicine is prescribed in this case, taking into account their age.
- Expectorants for cough, which contribute to the release of bronchi from accumulated exudate. They are also divided into subgroups. The main active ingredient in the first of these may be plant extracts (licorice, coltsfoot, marshmallow, plantain, thyme and thermopsis) or iodides (preparations "potassium iodide" and "sodium iodide"). Under the action of these agents in the cells of the bronchial mucosa, the production of mucus is increased, which liquefies phlegm, that is, it can quickly leave the bronchi. These medications are not suitable for infants and children with neurotic disorders or a tendency to vomiting. When prescribing drugs from the second group - mucolytics - liquefaction of the contents of the bronchi occurs without increasing its volume.
- They also produce a combined medicine that suppresses coughing. For older children, it fits perfectly, since it not only affects the center of the cough, but also softens the irritation of the respiratory tract.
All medicines should be selected taking into account the stage of the disease, the manifesting symptoms and the age of the child. It is advisable not to engage in self-medication, but to consult a pediatrician. It is especially important to ask for medical help in case of a breast infection.
Features of the appearance of a cough reflex and an effective cough medicine for children up to the year
In infants quite often, especially after sleep or feeding, there may be a physiological cough (in the form of rare coughs), not associated with any disease. Since most of the time the child spends on the back, mucus from the nasal passages can sink into the throat, which will cause a cough reflex. May cause it and the ingress of milk or mixture into the respiratory system during feeding or saliva with increased salivation. Also, an external factor can cause such a reaction: dry air, dust or tobacco smoke. Such a cough should not cause much concern, you just need to eliminate the cause of its appearance. If the symptom is intrusive, and the child has a fever or behavior changes, it is imperative to consult a pediatrician.
The peculiarity of the course of colds is that with a dry cough, a so-called "false croup "- edema of the larynx and vocal cords, which leads to a decrease in their lumen, and the child begins to suffocate. This is a very dangerous condition, requiring immediate help from specialists. The account is here for minutes.
Just as dangerous is a wet cough, which in a nursing baby very quickly descends into the lungs, and a common runny nose may soon develop into pneumonia, so that babies with suspicion of bronchitis immediately put in a hospital. If the situation is not so serious, then, choosing a cough medicine for an infant, it must be taken into account that not all dosage forms are suitable for them.
It is good to have at home a special compressor or ultrasonic inhaler that will deliver the medicine directly to the mucous membrane in the airways. You can use solutions for inhalation "Lazolvan" or "Ambrobene" (they are also prescribed for cough and inward). They are convenient in that they are dosed by drop. They can be dissolved in tea, juice or milk. A good cough medicine for children up to the year is Lazolvan cough syrup and its analogs, which contain the active substance ambroxol. The product has practically no side effects.
Preparations for cough treatment in children from the year
An effective cough medicine for children under 2 years old is the mucolytic expectorant "Ambrobene" or its analogues: medicines Ambroxol, Lazolvan, Ambrohexal, Flavamed, Bronhorus. They are used to treat both acute and chronic bronchitis or pneumonia, when chronic obstructive lung disease or bronchial asthma with hard-to-separate sputum, as well as with bronchoectatic disease.
The medicine for wet coughing to a child, very convenient and safe enough for children of different ages, - the drug "Bromhexin 8 Berlin-Chemie" (or its analogues: means "Bronchostop", "Flegamin"), having mucolytic (secretolitic) and expectorant action and a slight antitussive effect. For one-year-old children, it can be used as a drop, solution or syrup. The disadvantages of this drug can be attributed to the fact that the therapeutic effect is manifested only after 2-5 days after the first use.
It is possible to dilute and speed up the secretion of the use in children from 6 months of herbal medicines, such as cough syrups "Gedelix" and "Linkas." When using them, it is necessary to take into account the possible manifestation of an allergic reaction. Preparations based on vegetable raw materials are recommended for children over 2 years of age.
Cough syrups based on herbal extracts
To facilitate a wet cough in a child, medicines can be chosen made from natural raw materials. In addition to common mucolytic drugs, such as "Syrup altea" or "Licorice root syrup", produce a multitude of multi-component products, including extracts of herbs in various combinations. It is necessary to study their composition well before use if the child has allergies to plants.
Cedar syrup "Gedelix" on the basis of ivy extract is a cough medicine for children effective for kids aged from several months. It is used as an expectorant for infections in the upper respiratory tract and for bronchitis, accompanied by the formation of hard-to-separate sputum. After its application, the excretion of mucus as a result of its liquefaction and softening of its coughing is accelerated. When using this syrup for the treatment of an infant, the required dose should be diluted with boiled water and observe if an allergic reaction has occurred.
To reduce the intensity and increase the productivity of cough, you can buy "Lincas" syrup, which also has an anti-inflammatory and expectorant effect. In its composition, you can see the extracts of the leaves adhatoda, licorice root, pepper, violets, hyssop medicinal, althaea and others. In the absence of a child's allergy, this drug can be recommended as an excellent cough medicine for children under 2 years.
A good expectorant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect is the "Bronchicum" syrup, which reduces the viscosity of the secretion and accelerates its evacuation. The effect of this drug is based on the properties of the root of the primrose and thyme. Extracts of these herbs envelop the irritated mucous membrane, which facilitates a sensation of perspiration in the throat and softens the cough.
For better separation of sputum with a damp cough, use the agent "Herbion syrup plantain". This drug also has an immunomodulatory effect, protecting the respiratory epithelial cells from damage and increasing the body's resistance to infections.
Synthetic medicines for the treatment of wet cough
Children over the age of two years with diseases with hard-to-be secret will help syrup "Ascoril", which is a combined remedy, whose action - bronchodilator, expectorant and mucolytic - is based on the properties of bromhexine, guaifenesin and salbutamol. He is prescribed for such ailments as bronchial asthma, pneumonia, obstructive bronchitis, tracheobronchitis, emphysema, pulmonary tuberculosis, whooping cough and others.
A good medicine for a child from cough is the drug "Ats", which helps in liquefaction of phlegm (including purulent) and its expectoration. It is prescribed for diseases of the respiratory system, accompanied by the formation of thick mucus, such as acute and chronic bronchitis, including obstructive, bronchiectasis, tracheitis, cystic fibrosis, pneumonia and the like, as well as with certain ENT diseases (laryngitis, acute or chronic sinusitis, inflammation of the middle ear) and paracetamol poisoning (as an antidote). Children can use it from the age of 2 in the minimum dosage.
Treatment of dry cough with drugs that suppress its occurrence
A great concern may be a dry cough in the child. Medicines for its treatment can be divided into two groups. The first include drugs that suppress cough centrally.
This group of drugs is not recommended to be used without prescribing a doctor, especially if it is a small child. Their use is justified only in the case of a prolonged dry nausea cough causing pain, vomiting or interfering with sleep. In such a situation, it is possible to use a medicine that suppresses coughing. For children with this purpose, prescribe drugs "Sinekod", "Tusuprex", "Glaucin" or "Libexin", depressing the work of the center of cough in the brain. For infants (only by prescription of a doctor), you can purchase the "Sinekod" remedy in the form of drops. The most important thing is that when you buy these drugs, you need to remember that they are consumed only with a dry cough and do not combine with funds that increase mucus outflow.
Similar effect is also possessed by drugs of combined action, such as "Tussin plus", "Broncholitin" and "Stoptussin" syrups. They, along with suppressing the cough reflex, envelop the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, soften the cough, help to eliminate inflammation and stimulate immunity. They are prescribed for dry and irritating cough of various nature, as well as in pre- and postoperative periods to facilitate coughing.
Drugs for the treatment of dry cough
To ease the condition with a dry cough in a two-year-old child in the absence of allergies, you can use the drug "Herbion syrup primrose." It is also used as an expectorant for inflammation of the respiratory tract with the formation of a viscous secretion (bronchitis, tracheitis, tracheobronchitis).
Effective cough medicine for children 3 years - a combined drug "Dr. Mom: a cough syrup," which includes aloe, basil, sacred, elecampane, ginger, turmeric, licorice and other plants. It has a pronounced bronchodilator, mucolytic, expectorant and anti-inflammatory effect. It is recommended for dry cough or cough with hard-to-recover sputum in children from the age of three (with pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis). Contraindication for its use is the individual intolerance of some of its components.
Drugs for coughing a lot, and to choose a cough medicine for children, you need to proceed from each case, taking into account all contraindications and dosages. It is advisable to consult a pediatrician beforehand. To effectively combat colds of various nature, in addition to cough suppressants, it is necessary to use drugs that enhance immunity. The child is given peace and a special regime. It is necessary to give the baby a lot of fluid and maintain the humidity in the room. If the child does not have temperature - you can use warming with dry heat and rubbing with medicinal ointments. That is, treatment should be comprehensive.
Choosing cough medicine for childrenChildren get sick very often. This is due to the fact that their immune system is imperfect. Cough can be a manifestation of many diseases: bronchitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, whooping cough, pneumonia, bronchial asthma. The cause is often caused by viruses, less often by bacteria.
The cough can be dry. It is also called unproductive. Attacks of this cough can be excruciating. When sputum appears, talk about a productive, moist cough. The cough medicine for children is chosen taking these features into account.
Treatment of dry cough
An unproductive cough, if it causes discomfort and does not bring relief, must be suppressed. In this case, antitussive drugs are used.
Preparations of the central action
The drugs of this group work at the level of the brain, acting directly on the cough center. Doses of drugs depend on the age of the child. Exceeding the dose increases the risk of developing unwanted reactions.
The syrup contains glaucine, ephedrine, basil oil. The drug, in addition to suppressing cough, promotes the expansion of the bronchi and reduces the edema of their mucous membranes. It is prescribed for children over three years old. During treatment, there may be drowsiness, weakness. Possible increased blood pressure, palpitations. The head can be dizzy.
- Sinecod and Codelac Neo
The active substance is butamyrate. There are two forms of release: drops for ingestion and syrup. In addition to antitussive action, the drug causes bronchial dilatation. Drops are contraindicated up to two months, and syrup can be given to children who are already 3 years old.
On the background of treatment, digestive system disorders can sometimes appear in the form of frequent loose stools and nausea. Possible drowsiness and dizziness.
This is a combination of butamirate and guaifenesin. The second component stimulates the formation and excretion of phlegm. Drops for oral administration can be used to treat babies starting from six months. The medicine is dissolved in any drink, which is very convenient. Syrup can be taken from three years. When calculating the dose, the weight of the child is taken into account.
Side effects are the same as those of the "Sinekod" preparation. But there may still appear shortness of breath, palpitations, it is possible the formation of stones in the urinary system.
- Kodelak fito
It is an elixir that contains codeine, licorice root, thermopsis, herbal extract of thyme. Can be used for children from two years old. You can buy such a drug in a pharmacy only by a special prescription, like any other and codeine-containing remedy.
Side effects are few: disruption of the digestive system, drowsiness and headache.
Preparations of peripheral action
Such drugs block the flow of cough impulses from the larynx, bronchi and trachea into the brain. Often have a local anesthetic effect.
The form of release is only one - tablets, which can not be chewed, so as not to cause anesthesia of the oral mucosa. The dose of such cough medicine should be calculated on the basis of age and body weight.
In addition to digestive and allergic disorders, drowsiness, fatigue, dry mouth and decreased sensitivity of the oral mucosa may occur during treatment.
The drug is a dragee for resorption. It has a local anesthetic effect, due to which an unproductive cough is suppressed. It is taken every 2-3 hours, but not more than 10 pills a day. Allowed for use in children older than 5 years. In rare cases, there is an allergy.
Treatment of productive cough
Cough medicines for children in this case are prescribed to facilitate sputum discharge if it is viscous and difficult to separate. Such agents stimulate the secretion of mucus and dilute sputum. Some drugs also have an anti-inflammatory and bronchodilator effect.
- Acetylcysteine (ACTS, Fluimutsil)
The forms of output are varied. ATSTS and Fluimutsil are available in the form of effervescent tablets, granules for the preparation of solution and solution for injection. Effervescent tablets are allowed to children from the age of two, granules from six years. Injectable form of the drug is suitable for inhalations. The drug is diluted with saline solution to obtain a 5% solution of acetylcysteine and used through a nebulizer. The procedure can be repeated 3 to 4 times a day.
Children with bronchial asthma may experience shortness of breath and bronchospasm during treatment. When you take the medicine inside, you may have diarrheal disorders. Rarely there is noise in the ears, headache and stomatitis.
- Carbocysteine (Fljuditek, Libeksin Muko, Fluviert)
For children, a form such as a syrup is suitable. It acts similarly to acetylcysteine. Contraindicated drug for children under two years. There are few side effects: dyspepsia, malaise, headache and weakness.
- Ambroxol (Ambrobene, Lazolvan, Ambrosan, Flavamed)
For treatment, you can use tablets or syrup. It is allowed to use for children of any age. Tablets can be given if the child is already six years old. The drug is well tolerated, but diarrheal disorders are possible.
Lazolvan still released as a solution for oral administration and inhalation. Drops can be added to any drink from 1 to 2 ml, depending on the age. For inhalation solution diluted 1: 1 with saline and use a nebulizer.
In the pharmacy you can find tablets, pills and syrup. The first two forms are designed for children 6 years and older. Syrup can be given from two years. Treatment can be accompanied by a digestive disorder, headaches, dizziness. In rare cases, gastrointestinal bleeding is possible. Individual intolerance is not ruled out.
Such means include several components, due to which it is not only an expectorant effect. Depending on the composition, the drug can promote the expansion of the bronchi or reduce the activity of the inflammatory process.
- Ascoril exponent
Contains bromhexine, guaifenesin and euphyllin. The latter component has a bronchodilator effect. A similar composition of the drug "Dzhoset". It is not recommended for use in children under two years of age.
Side effect is rare. On a background of reception the palpitation, convulsions, a tremor, a sleepiness can be marked. The head can be ill and dizzy. Disorders of the digestive system are possible.
- Kodelak broncho with thyme
The basis of the drug is ambroxol, the action of which is enhanced by sodium glycyrrhizinate and thyme extract. Due to this combination, an anti-inflammatory effect is additionally provided. Syrup can be consumed by children over two years old.
Taking medication can cause dry mouth, disorders in the digestive and urinary system, rhinorrhea.
Preparations based on medicinal herbs
Such medications are usually issued in the form of a syrup or elixir, have a pleasant taste, are easily dosed, cause a minimum of side effects. There are age restrictions.
- "Linkas" - from 6 months;
- "Doctor MOM" - from the age of 3;
- "Suprima-Broncho" - from the age of 3;
- "Gedelix" - from 2 years;
- "Bronchicum C" syrup - from the age of 6;
- "Bronchicum TP" elixir - from 1 year;
- "Herbion" syrup primrose - from 2 years;
- "Pertussin" - from 3 years;
- Syrup of licorice root - from any age.
Erespal and Eladon
A special place in the treatment of cough is taken by preparations based on fenspiride hydrochloride. Produced in the form of syrup and tablets. Can be prescribed for dry as well as productive cough. Main therapeutic effects: bronchial dilatation, reduction of inflammation activity, reduction of the edema of the mucous membrane of the bronchial tree. The drug is used in children from two years old.
The dose depends on the weight of the child's body. Of side effects, changes in the performance of the digestive organs are more frequent. Tachycardia and hypotension develops less often. Sometimes there is drowsiness, dizziness, fast fatigue. Allergic reactions are also possible.
Given such a variety of drugs, a cough medicine for children should be prescribed by a doctor. Only an expert can determine what will be most effective in each case. Any medicine can cause an allergic reaction. And the simultaneous use of antitussive and expectorant drugs is simply unacceptable.
List of inexpensive but effective cough medicines
Cough is a symptom of catarrhal disease, which causes a lot of trouble. Most people with the onset of colds suffer from coughing, working, resting, sleeping normally and eating becomes harder. Discomfort is not only delivered to the sick person, but to everyone around him. When choosing a remedy for coughing, you do not need to self-medicate, it is worthwhile to see a doctor for help and prescribing the drug. But, if you decide to choose a remedy on your own, remember that the medicine should be bought first depending on the type of cough: dry or wet. Here is a list of not only the most effective tools, but also affordable. Cough medicine is inexpensive and effective.What can be coughing to a child of 6 months is indicated in this article.
How to treat a cough and runny nose without fever in a pregnant woman is indicated in the article.
How to treat dry paroxysmal cough, is specified in this article here: http://prolor.ru/g/bolezni-g/kashel/suxoj-pristupoobraznyj.html
How to cure a cough from a baby without temperature, is indicated in this article.
In the absence of phlegm withdrawal cough is called dry. For its treatment, drugs are used:
- The Falimint.By properties similar to menthol. Causes a feeling of coolness and freshness in the mouth. Do not dry the mucous membranes, the effect and cessation of reflex cough is seen after the first application. It is available in the form of dragees for resorption, it can be given to a child, suitable for children from 5 years of age, contraindications, except for minor allergic reactions, does not. Price: 150 rubles.
- Libexin.Has a triple action, reducing the sensitivity of nerve endings, relaxing the bronchi and reducing the reaction to irritation. It is used for the treatment of severe dry cough, the effect is observed within four hours after administration. Produced in the form of tablets and syrup, not contraindicated to children, there are side effects (dizziness, allergy, fatigue). Price: 300 rubles.
- Kodelak.An antitussive agent of plant origin. Produced in various forms: tablets, syrups, elixirs. Has a combined effect, reduces excitability, increases the viscosity of phlegm with a damp cough, does not cause respiratory depression. It is not recommended to use a long term - the drug causes dependence. Children are appointed from 6 years. The price: 140 rubles.
- Herbion with plantain. Syrup has antitussive and antibacterial effect. Increases the amount of sputum, reduces its viscosity. Due to vitamin C increases immunity. The drug forms a protective film on the mucous membrane, reduces irritation, reduces inflammation. Suitable for children from 2 years. Has almost no contraindications. Price: 250 rubles.
- Haliksol.One of the most effective drugs, the effect comes after half an hour after use, dilutes sputum, reduces its viscosity, soothes the mucous membrane. Produced in the form of syrup, has a number of contraindications. It is forbidden in pregnancy and with gastrointestinal diseases. Children are appointed from 5 years. The price of the drug: 100 rubles.
- Lazolvan.It is prescribed for acute pneumonia, chronic sinusitis, acute bronchitis. The effect is observed after half an hour after administration, the effect lasts up to 10 hours. Cough is eased, sputum is diluted, respiratory tract irritation decreases. Produced in the form of tablets, syrup and solution for inhalation. Suitable for children over 6 years. Price: 150 rubles.
- Ambroghexal.The remedy is used for chronic and acute bronchial diseases, asthma, rhinitis, sinusitis, laryngitis. Used in the treatment of complications after surgery, as well as to stimulate the fetus during pregnancy. It has well-pronounced properties, well-established in the market. The price: 70 rubles.
- Omnitus.Produced in the form of tablets and syrup. Reduces the inflammatory process, fights infections, relieves dry cough, positively affects the general condition of the body. Has a number of side effects, including. drowsiness, dizziness, vomiting, stool disruption. Contraindicated in pregnant women and children under 6 years. The price of the drug: 90 rubles.
- Stoptussin.It is a combined remedy, has antitussive and mucolytic effect. It is used in the treatment of dry and unproductive cough, is made in the Czech Republic. Produced in the form of tablets, drops and syrup of vegetable origin. Price: 150 rubles.
- Lorraine.The product is suitable for combating dry cough, it is available in various forms: powder, capsules, tablets, suspension and solution. Eliminates the symptoms of ARI and colds, has antipyretic properties, suitable for children from 6 years. Side effects include increased blood pressure, dizziness, mild irritability. The price: 200 rubles.
What causes can be a night cough in an adult, indicated in the article.
Cough with sputum is called wet or productive. For its treatment, preparations with an expectorant effect are used:
- ATSTS.Liquefies phlegm, promotes the productivity of cough, relief comes in the first days of admission. Has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It does not combine with paracetamol and other cough drugs. Not recommended for pregnant and lactating mothers. Price: 130 rubles.
- Doctor Mom.Means of plant origin fights with diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract, relieves of the common cold, colds and bronchitis. Available in the form of lozenges, lozenges, syrups, tablets, ointments, roller pencils. Suitable for children from 2 years. The cost in pharmacies: 140 rubles.
- Broncholitin.It is very popular as a trustworthy tool. Suppresses the center of a cough, does not depress breathing, treats acute respiratory illnesses, displays phlegm, relieves the mucous membrane from swelling. Effective in childhood. Has only a few side effects: allergies, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate. The price: 55 rubles.
- Bromhexine.The agent is used for acute and chronic bronchial diseases with sputum of increased viscosity. The drug is well tolerated, prescribed from the age of 6, combined with antibiotics, contributing to their penetration into the bronchial secret. When treating, you need to consume more fluid, exclude driving and performing hazardous work. Price: 30 rubles.
- Ambroxol.Bulgarian preparation of expectorant anti-inflammatory effect. It is also used for the prevention of respiratory tract infections, it is available in the form of a syrup with a pleasant smell and raspberry taste. Helps in a short time cure cough, tracheitis, pneumonia, whooping cough and bronchitis. The price: 25 rubles.
- Mukaltin.A natural remedy fights with a wet cough, relieves viscous sputum, which prevents normal breathing. The effect of taking tablets is observed a couple of days after the start of the course. Contraindications: gastrointestinal diseases, allergies, diabetes mellitus. It is not addictive, children can be taken from the age of 12. Cost: 15 rubles.
- Ambrogen.The chemical preparation expectorant and diluting effect, facilitates the outflow of sputum from the bronchi, neutralizes the damaged molecules. The action is seen after only half an hour after taking, lasts about 10 hours. Produced in the form of capsules, syrups, tablets, solutions for inhalation and injection. Children are appointed from 2 years. The packing price: 105 rubles.
- Fluidite.It is used for acute diseases of the lower and upper respiratory tract, accompanied by viscous sputum. Poorly combined with other drugs, weakening their effect. Struggles with infections without clarifying their form and localization. Available for adults and children in the form of syrup, as well as in the form of granules for suspension. Price: 250 rubles.
- Herbion with primrose.The drug is made using plant material. A syrup is prescribed not only with a moist but also senile cough, when the lungs are not adequately supplied with blood. Improves the work of the adrenal glands, is a diaphoretic, expectorant, diuretic, strengthening agent. It facilitates breathing, removes inflammation of the mucous membrane. Children are appointed from 2 years. The price: 200 rubles.
- Gedelix.I have recommended myself as a means to combat productive cough in children. Has spasmolytic properties, removes sputum from the bronchi, relieves inflammation of the respiratory tract. Form release: syrup with mint extract, eucalyptus, menthol. Side effects usually do not appear, does not contain sugars and alcohol. Price: 150 rubles.
- Pertussin.One of the most inexpensive, but very effective tools in the fight against wet cough. Has an expectorant property, dilutes sputum, promotes its excretion. In the preparation of a substance of chemical and vegetable origin, incl. thyme. Children are appointed from the age of 3, during the reception it is necessary to dilute with water. The price: 15 rubles.
How does a cough of an asthmatic nature look like in this article.
What to do when the child's wheezing and coughing is indicated in the article here: http://prolor.ru/g/bolezni-g/kashel/svistyashhij-kashel-u-rebenka.html
Among the most effective drugs for dry and wet cough in the Russian market you can find inexpensive means. Before using it is necessary to consult with specialists, since cough is just a symptom of other diseases, it is necessary to fight first of all with the cause of coughing. Remember that timely diagnosis can save a person's life.
Effective children's cough medicineChildhood illness is always fear and anxiety for parents. It would seem that yesterday your little one was running or crawling cheerfully, and in the morning woke up hot and capricious. The main problems in this case are faced by mothers, whose kids do not yet know how to talk. After all, complaining of a headache or a tickling in the throat of a baby can not yet. But if the child has a cough, then, of course, it can be seen right away. This childish symptom can not be confused with anything, and, in most cases, must be treated. How good and effective the treatment turns out depends on how well the children's medicines were selected.
Drugs for cough for children: in which cases can you do without special meansNewborn children often suffer from runny nose in the first months of life. This happens for various reasons. Some of them cleanse the airways after the mother's womb, someone has a congenital narrow nasal Passages that eventually become standard size (about six to seven months).
In this case, cough medicine for children is not required, because this symptom arises because the baby can not blow his nose off himself and does not give his mother a good nose cleaning from mucus. As a result, the secret from the nasal sinuses partially falls into the pharynx, thus irritating the cough receptors. Children's breathing becomes whistling, wheezing and bubbling, which frightens inexperienced moms. They begin to feel that the child's cough is accompanied by wheezing from the lungs.
Effective good children's cough medicine for up to a year
The most difficult test for mom is a baby's disease for up to a year. Firstly, because she is very worried about the health and well-being of the crumbs, and secondly, because in pharmacies to her great surprise there is no suitable medicine. Specialists in the field of medicine recommend treating cough in children under one year with antiviral or antibiotic drugs. Assign them to a specialist only after taking the tests and identifying the cause of the appearance of this symptom.
If you still decide to give the children medicines for coughing dry, get in the pharmacy "Tantum Verde". This spray can not be given to children under three years of age, but some pediatricians allow it to be used for infants, reducing the minimum dose several times. Of course, you will not be able to accurately measure the required amount of the drug, therefore, a small amount of medicine can be splashed into a pacifier and given to her baby.
If you are looking for a cure for a child from a damp cough, use the drops "Gedelix." Before using them, you should also consult your doctor. Not bad in this case, also helps antiseptic "Miramistin", as well as chamomile tea with a small number of dried leaves of plantain.
Effective medicine for a child from one to three yearsIf the child is more than a year, Lazolvan, Ambroxol or Ambrobene can be used for his treatment. If the baby's cough is wet, these funds will help thin the sputum and remove it from the lungs or bronchi.
It is extremely important in this case not to engage in self-medication, but to visit or call a pediatrician at home. An experienced specialist will diagnose, in a diagnostic and laboratory way, which disease caused this symptom and prescribe the right treatment. Thus, with bronchitis or pneumonia, which develops very quickly in children with improper treatment, in addition to antitussive expectorants, antibiotics are also indicated.
Good children's cough medicine - nebulas for inhalation. This is Pulmecort and Berodual. For such a procedure, you need a special device - a nebulizer. Inhalations with these medicines can be done on saline or alkaline mineral water. If you do not have an inhaler, then you can hang a baby's neck around your neck with juniper oil, eucalyptus or tea tree.
Effective pediatric medicines for dry unproductive symptoms in this case are also practically absent. Among them, we can distinguish "Sinekod", which suppresses coughing urges.
The best and best children's medicines after three years
Babies at the age of three, as well as adolescents, find it much easier to find good medications that help cope with this symptom. Most drugs according to the instructions can be taken from this age.
With a wet cough, you can give your baby expectorants, such as Broncholitin, Suprima-Broncho, and Herbion and Doctor MOM. With three years of crumbs, you can also take mucolytics, actively diluting sputum, and removing it from the lungs. This syrup "Lazolvan", "Ambroxol", as well as tablets "Mukoltin" and "Bromgeksin."
With a dry, unproductive childhood symptom, "Sinekod" and "Kodellak NEO" are prescribed.
What children's cough medicine is recommended by KomarovskyThe pediatrician Komarovsky, known to many on transfers and online videos, has his own opinion about the effectiveness of one or another method of treating a child's cough. He believes that the excessive intake of drugs at such an early age is not only inappropriate, but also dangerous, because it can seriously undermine the immunity of the baby, the restoration of which will later take a lot of time, effort and money.
Dr. Komarovsky recommends treating a child's cough with the help of herbal remedies. In pharmacies, they are sold everywhere, but are in most cases a lot. Meanwhile, components of these miraculous medicines from childhood ailments grow practically on the whole territory of our country, therefore, it is advisable to purchase them in dried form. It's about violet, sage. And also pine buds and plantain. With the help of these ingredients, you can independently make medicines that will help cope with a child's cough.
Dr. Komarovsky also draws parents' attention to the fact that there is no remedy for this child's symptom. And there are various diseases that accompany dry or wet children's cough. Therefore, before you look for effective medicines in your pharmacy, you must visit a doctor. After all, children's cough is not always associated with respiratory diseases. It can indicate problems with the brain or central nervous system. Medicines for coughing in these cases are meaningless, since they either do not help or alleviate the condition for a while. At the same time, the children's organism can react unexpectedly and contradictorily to the senseless reception of these funds.
How and when to take pills for cough?
When the doctor prescribes pills for cough, how to take them he writes in the prescription or informs orally. Still, do not neglect some general rules that will help to get the maximum therapeutic effect and minimize side effects.
Basic features of cough medicine
Of course, choose a cough medicine should not be based on the price or advice of friends, but after consulting a doctor.In addition, it is necessary to be careful, because the drugs intended for cough treatment in adults are not always suitable for babies, which is necessarily indicated in the annotation. Especially it concerns tablets, which, as a rule, are not allowed for children up to 4-6 years of age.
After visiting a doctor who will determine the type of cough and give a recommendation for treatment, you can go to the pharmacy for a medicine. If it is a mild cold with a sore throat that provokes a frequent dry cough, then it's better to give preference to a drug that allows you to transfer a dry cough to a damp, productive one. The timing of treatment is determined by the doctor, so do not stop taking the medication at the first signs of improving the condition.
Exemplary drugs and their effectsFor the treatment of dry cough, pills are used that are designed to suppress the cough reflex, thereby giving the sick person time for proper rest. These are Glauvent, Koldakt, Paxeladin, Cofex, Synecod and any others based on codeine. These medicines should be taken with caution, as they can be addictive.
These medicines intended for the treatment of dry type of cough include Kodelak tablets. To avoid negative consequences, taking them for more than five consecutive days is not recommended.
In addition, this medicine has contraindications for use. It can not be used by children, pregnant women, asthmatics, and even those who have problems with the stomach, kidneys, and individuals with excessive cravings for alcohol.
No less effective means are considered tablets from cough Liebexin, which are used in the treatment of diseases such as bronchitis, inflammation of the lungs, influenza, emphysema, and are also prescribed by a doctor in case of excessive cough in people with heart failure.
Most often this drug is taken three times a day, drinking a pill with a glass of water. The duration of the course of treatment does not exceed a week. And it should not be taken without special need for women during pregnancy or lactation, and for children under 12 years.A medicinal product such as Stoptussin, based on guaifenesin, is quite common. It not only increases the sputum production of bronchi, but also dilutes this mucus, allowing the body to easily remove it. Use this drug for adults. Children under 12 years of age in the form of tablets are not recommended to take it, however, in the form of drops the drug can be used after reaching the age of six months.
Stopoutsin tablets are taken four times a day, depending on the weight of the patient, and the dose is from half to one and a half tablets at a time. It should be borne in mind that the time interval between taking the tablets should not be less than 4 hours.
This drug is used to treat infectious and inflammatory diseases, but it is not suitable for the treatment of chronic diseases.
What do you need to consider?
The main thing to remember is that all of the above medicines are absolutely forbidden to take in case of a moist, productive cough. When allocation of bronchial viscous sputum, in no case can the process of coughing be blocked, since, By doing this, you will most likely get some serious complication in the lungs or bronchi.
In the case of a cough of wet type, but with secretions too viscous, completely different drugs are used, not for the treatment of dry cough. Much more effective in terms of therapy are drugs that dilute sputum.In this group of drugs, the main active substance is ambroxol, which is a part of many drugs: Lazolvan, Ambrobene, Flavamed, and not only.
An effective active substance is also acetylcysteine, which is often included in the composition of drugs that help in the treatment of wet cough.
Of these drugs for certain, many are known Mukobene, ACTS, Fluimutsil and others. However, with long-term admission, the effectiveness of these drugs may decrease.
Treatment of cough in children
For children, cough medicines are often released in the form of syrups and suspensions. But, since the age of 4, there is already an opportunity to take pills for cough, although this does not apply to all manufacturers.
For babies from 2 years of age and older, pills of thermopsis are used during cough treatment. These are excellent tablets from cough, how to take, you can cope in the pharmacy. Made mainly from natural ingredients: thermopsis, licorice, soda and codeine. Together, it helps the child (and the adult) to cope with the cough quickly enough, but regardless of the results of treatment, it should not be taken for more than a week. In addition, the frequency of reception can not exceed three times a day.
Contraindications to the reception of tablets of thermopsis are people with weak kidneys, prone to manifestations of bronchial asthma, and even pregnant and nursing mothers.One of the few cough supplements allowed during pregnancy is Mucaltin, but it can only be used after the first trimester of pregnancy. Do not combine these pills with drugs that suppress cough, but they should be taken within a week for 1-2 tablets several times a day. Some sources recommend to dissolve Muciltin tablets, but it will be better to dissolve the drug in 100 ml of water at room temperature and take the time to drink the solution.
For those people who prefer sucking pills for cough, the pharmacy chain can offer medicines based on medicinal herbs. As a rule, it is eucalyptus, sage, Icelandic moss, etc.
In the list of effective suckling tablets from cough are such drugs as Tharyngept and Linkas Lor, and also Travisil. Pharyngosept removes an unpleasant sensation in the throat, which can provoke coughing. Use it is allowed to children from 7 years to 1 tablet after meals, a maximum of 5 times a day.
Linkas Lor helps to increase the productivity of cough along with a reduction in its intensity. It is prescribed for tracheitis, pneumonia, tracheobronchitis, bronchitis of the smoker. Like most suckling tablets, these can dissolve at intervals of 120 minutes, but not more than 7 consecutive days.
In some cases, it makes sense to entrust cough treatment to homeopathic remedies, but in this case still extremely it is important to get a quality consultation of an experienced specialist in this field before starting treatment.
If, despite the correct intake of the drug, the improvement of the condition does not occur within a seven-day period, reapply to a specialist, as it may happen that the diagnosis is incorrect and its correction is required.