More recently, elderly patients are diagnosed with arthrosis. The disease appears due to the irreversible effects of aging. As a rule, pathology begins to develop from inflammation in the cartilage and bone tissues. At the first sign of complication, it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor. If you do not take decisive action and do not start treatment, then a person can forever remain disabled. This article will detail about the disease, such as arthrosis of the ankle, symptoms and treatment of the disease.
- Ankle arthrosis - a brief description of the disease
- Degree of complication of the disease
- Osteoarthritis of 1 degree
- Osteoarthritis of 2nd degree
- Osteoarthritis of 3 degree
- The main causes of the development of pathology
- Symptoms of Ankle Arthrosis
- Diagnosis of the disease
- How to treat arthrosis of the ankle
- Medication Therapy
- A variety of physiotherapy
- Folk remedies
Symptoms and Treatment of Arthrosis of the Fingertips Symptoms of shoulder arthrosis: treatment of the disease Preparations for arthrosis of the knee joint Uncovertebral arthrosis of the cervical spine - symptoms and treatment We treat arthrosis of the knee joint in simple ways
Ankle arthrosis - a brief description of the disease
Osteoarthritis (code for microbial 10) is a pathological process that develops in cartilages and joints. As a rule, the disease affects the lower limbs, one of them is the ankle joint. He performs the main role in the movement of man, and also retains all the weight of the body.
Modern medicine distinguishes several types of arthrosis. All of them differ in their characteristics and developmental reasons. Specialists distinguish three varieties of the disease:
- deforming arthrosis;
- posttraumatic arthrosis of the ankle;
- acute arthrosis.
The disease develops gradually, that a person immediately does not even notice changes in their body. Initially, the cartilaginous membrane on the joint, gradually becomes soft and wears. This violation makes this layer very thin, and it just begins to crack, which provokes an inflammatory process. Over time, bone tissue proliferates in the form of osteophytes. If you do not start treatment in time, then the ailment will provoke acute pain when walking, so a person will always need support. The disease develops quickly enough, therefore in some years the person can become the invalid. To avoid this violation, it is necessary to start complex therapy as soon as possible.
Degree of complication of the disease
Physicians distinguish three degrees of development of arthrosis. If pathology is found at 1 or 2 stages, then with timely and complex treatment, complete recovery comes and the patient can move freely. However, in 3 stages, the ailment is almost impossible to cure, as the joint and bone tissue are broken.
Osteoarthritis of 1 degree
The first stage is the initial stage of development of pathology, which has no clearly expressed signs. As a rule, a person turns to the doctor if he observes excessive fatigue and joint pain, after a day's work. However, all the unpleasant signs disappear after a good rest, for example, after a full sleep.
It is interesting that the beginning of the development of arthrosis can not always be detected with instrumental and laboratory examinations. At this stage, there are no pathological disorders in the joints.
Osteoarthritis of 2nd degree
At this stage, pathology is accompanied by characteristic clinical manifestations. One of the main symptoms is a joint pain syndrome, which does not stop even after a good rest. In more neglected cases, inflammation begins to form. It causes redness on the skin and an increase in body temperature.
If you do not start treatment in time, the disease will actively develop and be accompanied by severe additional symptoms. As a rule, there is swelling of the lower extremities, the mobility of the legs decreases, and the joints begin to react sharply to sudden changes in weather conditions.
Osteoarthritis of 3 degree
The third stage of pathology is the most dangerous, since irreversible deformations develop in the tissues. Cartilages and bones begin to change their shape and structure and ossify, which causes excruciating pain. Joints become immobile, and during movement, in the lower extremities an unpleasant crunch is heard. At this stage it is important to consult a doctor and begin complex therapy.
The main causes of the development of pathology
Osteoarthritis never develops on its own. This ailment always appears against the background of certain causes, which provoke irreversible violations. Among the main causes of the emergence of this disease doctors singled out:
- physical stresses that have a great effect on the lower limbs;
- uneven load redistribution;
- various foot injuries;
- wearing poor-quality and uncomfortable shoes;
- people in old age have irreversible disorders in the cartilage, joints and bone tissues;
- a large number of salts;
- various ailments of the lower limbs;
- genetic predisposition;
- congenital or acquired deformations of tops (flat feet);
- inadequate metabolism, with diabetes, gout.
Obviously, there are a lot of reasons for the development of arthrosis. However, some can be protected, but others affect joints, and a person can not in any way influence this. It is important to seek medical help in a timely manner and begin complex therapy.
Symptoms of Ankle Arthrosis
The disease is always accompanied by unpleasant symptoms. Clinical manifestations develop depending on the degree of development of arthrosis. As a rule, physicians distinguish such pronounced signs of pathology:
- pain in the joints, which increase with any physical stress;
- clicks and crunch;
- feeling of fatigue, which develops after staying on legs;
- necrosis of muscle fibers;
- edema in the affected area;
- increased body temperature, because of the inflammatory process;
- obstructed movement;
- aching dull ache, during sleep;
- pathogenic disorders in the joints.
The main symptom of arthrosis is pain in the lower limbs, which is intensified during movement. This sign is always clearly manifested, so a person loses the habitual rhythm of life. At the first signs of the disease you need to see a doctor.
Diagnosis of the disease
At the first symptoms of arthrosis, it is necessary to consult a therapist or rheumatologist. To establish an accurate diagnosis, the doctor prescribes a series of laboratory and instrumental examinations:
- general analysis of blood and urine;
- CRP test;
- rheumatoid tests;
- X-ray of the joint;
- CT scan.
All these examinations will help to determine the presence of the inflammatory process in the joint, as well as the types and deformations of the bones. After a complete examination, the doctor can accurately establish the diagnosis and choose an individual treatment regimen.
How to treat arthrosis of the ankle
In the early stages, the disease is well treatable. After complex therapy, a person feels better and can move freely. However, the third degree of ailment is practically incurable, but even in this case medical therapy is still necessary. It is aimed at improving the performance of the joint and its preservation.
The doctor always recommends a comprehensive treatment that will simultaneously solve several health problems. The doctor appoints pills, injections and ointments, selects quality drugs, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient. Typically, the general therapy includes such groups of drugs:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that effectively eliminate pain and relieve inflammation (Ibuprofen, Flurbiprofen, Diclofenac, Indomethacin, Piroxicam);
- chondroprotectors improve the condition of the cartilaginous tissue and stimulate the production of synovial lubricant (Structum, Hondrolon, Arthra, Elbon, Don);
- corticosteroid hormones, which are produced in injections for injections. The medicine is put directly into the joint to quickly remove severe pain and inflammation (Celeston, Diprosan, Kenalog, Hydrocorizonum).
All dosages should be installed only by the doctor, since he takes into account the degree of the disease.
A variety of physiotherapy
To the main drug treatment the doctor always recommends a number of physiological procedures. All of them improve blood circulation and help to restore the joint more quickly. Usually, the doctor appoints the patient to undergo several procedures:
- manual therapy;
- laser irradiation;
- exercise therapy;
Treatment at home with old "grandmother's" methods will help to remove symptoms, but will never restore a sick joint. These methods can be used as an addition to the main course of therapy and then only after the doctor's permission. There are many folk recipes that relieve unpleasant symptoms, some of them are described below.
- Raw potatoes must be grated on a small grater and applied to the affected joint for 30 minutes. Then remove the mixture and wash the limb.
- Compresses based on bile and bischofite. Marl is folded several times and well impregnated in a medicinal solution. Then apply to the sore spot, wrapped with food film and securely fixed with a bandage. The compress is left for 8 hours, after which it is removed, and the foot is rubbed with cream.
- The shell of eggs is a source of calcium, so it must be crushed and regularly added to food.
During treatment it is necessary to correct individual food. If there is an overweight, then you need to give up fast food, fatty, fried and salty foods, that is, learn to eat right. Each person should enter in a daily diet dishes containing gelatin (jelly, jelly). Supplement daily meals need green vegetables, a variety of porridges, eggs, slave and dairy products. It is necessary to eat baked potatoes regularly. Proper nutrition will keep the joints in excellent condition for a long time!