Dry cough can be the result of any common disease of the respiratory system. From this state no one can be insured.
With the onset of cold weather, we are targeted by acute respiratory viral diseases and sore throats, which rarely pass without such a symptom as dry cough, which can not be called anything other than discomfort in the throat.
- What are the reasons?
- How is it manifested?
- Traditional methods of treatment
- Preventative measures
When a person coughs, his bronchi are cleansed of sputum and he becomes easier to breathe. This is why the importance of coughing is sometimes vital. Therefore, it should be treated in such a way that the cough liberates the bronchi from mucus. In no case should you try to suppress cough.
With dry cough, the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract become very dry and hot, and the cough itself delivers the painful minutes to the patient. As a rule, he does not bring relief.
It can be caused by irritants that are around us: detergents, washing powders, tobacco smoke, polluted air on the street, exhaust fumes from cars and so on. In this case, with the help of a cough, the human body tries to get rid of harmful substances.
If a person has been suffering from a dry cough for a long time, this condition can not be ignored, because this symptom can cause a serious ailment.
This cough has another name - unproductive, because it does not produce sputum.
For an accurate diagnosis of dry cough, you need to contact a pulmonologist for help.
What are the reasons?
The cause of a dry cough may be:
- Smoking .In tobacco smoke contains many harmful substances that affect the lungs and bronchi, as irritants. Dry cough torments passive smokers, as well as it can cause "smoker's bronchitis."
- A large amount of dust , which irritates the upper respiratory tract.
- Dry coughing attacks persecute people who have been diagnosed with bronchial asthma .This chronic disease is allergic.
- Psychoemotional state of .Doctors know many cases when patients complain of attacks of dry cough during severe emotional shocks.
- In adults it is extremely rare, such a disease as whooping cough .It is accompanied by a dry, protracted cough.
- A prolonged dry cough may indicate the presence of such a dangerous disease as lung cancer .
- Pathology of the endocrine system .When the thyroid gland is enlarged, the trachea is squeezed, there is a sensation of a "lump in the throat".In this case, a dry cough appears.
- Cardiac pathologies, expressed by cardiac insufficiency - it can also be the cause of dry cough.
- Such a dangerous infectious disease as tuberculosis is the cause of prolonged dry cough.
- Disease of the gastrointestinal tract .When a fistula is formed in the esophagus, after eating, a dry cough may appear.
- Reaction to medicines.
If you do not treat a prolonged dry cough, the bronchial walls may deform, and this will lead to pneumonia or asthma.
From all of the above, it follows that a dry cough is a very multifaceted phenomenon and this fact needs to be given special attention. If you are concerned about a dry cough for more than one week, you should urgently go to see a specialist.
The Benefits and Harms of Green Tea for Men: How to Use It Properly?
What folk remedies can stop diarrhea in an adult? Read in this article.
How is it manifested?
A dry paroxysmal cough is very often associated with manifestations of bronchial asthma. He usually worries in the evening and at night. The attack sometimes lasts about an hour. This type of cough characterizes the inflammatory processes that occur in the larynx, nasopharynx and throat.
Dry barking cough .It is typical for a viral infection that affects the upper respiratory tract. It is also a symptom of a severe form of laryngitis and pharyngitis. In the presence of these ailments, a dry cough appears mainly during sleep. With pneumonia, dry cough causes severe pain in the sternum.
A suffocating dry cough can be caused by a number of serious diseases:
- Lung cancer.
- Acute congestive heart failure.
- In case of ingestion of foreign body.
- Sometimes a person has nighttime dandruff, but there is no sign of a cold. In this case, it is necessary to be examined for a disease such as bronchial asthma.
- Just cause for the occurrence of a night dry cough can serve as the reasons for the physiological nature( uncomfortable position of the body during sleep).
- Dry air in the bedroom can trigger an attack of dry cough.
It is possible to eliminate an attack of a night cough with tea, herbal decoction or milk. Drinking should be comfortable temperature.
If cough is caused by an allergen, you need to take an antihistamine and immediately eliminate the allergen.
If the cause of the appearance of a dry cough is tobacco smoke or dust, leave this room or check it. After that, drink a glass of water or tea.
Folk methods of treatment
- One of the most effective methods of treating dry cough in adults is warm milk with honey, and a pinch of soda .If possible, you can take fat cream instead of milk. If a person does not like dairy products or has an allergy to milk, it can be replaced with tea. Then in the tea you need to put a piece of butter.
- With a dry cough the following remedy will cope: licorice root with honey .To make it, we take the ingredients in the same ratio and add hot water to them. We insist and take 7 - 8 times a day.
- Greatly helps with coughing the following remedy. We take dry mustard, flour, sunflower oil and 1 tablespoon of vodka. Mix all the ingredients and make a cake. We put it in a plastic bag and put it on the chest and on the back. We got a good warming compress. On the heart of the cake should not be placed in any case! Compression of boiled potatoes "in uniform" .From a potato do mashed potatoes, sprinkle it with alcohol or vodka. Mass wrapped in cheesecloth or clean rag and put on the chest( bypassing the heart area).
From dry cough helps decoctions of medicinal herbs:
- You can abolish dry cough with elecampane. To prepare an expectorant you need to take the roots of this plant, pour boiling water and insist. Take before meals 2 to 3 times a day.
- From non-productive cough helps decoction of thyme, mother-and-stepmother, oregano and ledum. All these herbs are brewed separately.
- Adult patients can treat dry cough with a mixture of white dry wine and pepper. Infusion of fennel and althea root. Means take 50 grams 5 times a day.
- Inhalations with the addition of essential oils to your taste( you can take eucalyptus, lavender or any other).Essential oil will soften the mucous and facilitate the exit of phlegm.
How can you quickly reduce pressure by popular means?
What folk remedies can increase the potency of men? Read in this article.
How to cure a child's cough quickly?http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva / lor-zabolevaniya / kashlya-u-detej.html
As a prophylaxis for the appearance of dry cough, the following rules should be observed:
- If you are a smoker, drop this bad habit. Try not to be in the same room as those who smoke. It is also worth noting and strong spirits - they hurt the throat.
- If you are engaged in harmful production, use protective equipment.
- In the room in which you spend most of the time there should be a humid and cool air, but you should not get carried away by air-conditioning.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Do not handle with allergens.
- Do not forget about personal hygiene.
- Take vitamins.
It is extremely important! When dry cough, you must strictly observe bed rest, and also ventilate the room in which the patient is, and do in the room several times a day, wet cleaning.
During illness it is advisable to follow a diet, use a lot of warm tea with raspberries or lemon. If folk remedies do not help - ask for help with medicines.