Flat feet - a strong straightening of the arch of the foot, resulting in a colossal load on its inner part. The disease manifests itself from childhood. The development of flat feet is usually accompanied by rapid fatigue. It is possible to diagnose this disease at the age of 5 years. Up to this point it is almost impossible to detect flat feet. How can we fight this disease? Massage with flat feet in children is an excellent way to bring the feet to normal.
- Objectives of massage with flat feet
- The procedure for carrying out a massage at home
- Massage for babies
- Applying a massage mat
- Prevention of disease
We get rid of the flat feet of the house by working methods Learn about the symptoms and treatment of transverse flatfoot Flat-footedness: are they taking him into the army? Determine flat feet at home Flat-foot 2 degrees - treatment at home
This pathology is not inherent in nature. It can arise under the influence of such factors:
- Genetic predisposition. If a child in the family has someone suffering from the problems of the musculoskeletal system, then there is a risk of flat feet.
- Incorrectly matched shoes baby. Too narrow or wide shoes leads to problems with the feet.
- Excess weight in the child. In this case, there is a maximum load on the muscles of the feet.
- Postponed rickets.
- Injuries of the legs.
Each of these causes can lead not only to the appearance of flat feet, but also to more serious diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Important to remember!You should take seriously the child's discomforts! When complaints of heaviness in the legs are required to immediately consult an orthopedist.
Objectives of massage with flat feet
Carrying out massage procedures is directed to cope with such tasks:
- strengthen the muscles of the foot;
- remove fatigue of the legs;
- block pain;
- normalize blood circulation in the muscle tissues.
If you regularly perform the required exercises, then these goals will be met, and the baby is healthy.
The procedure for carrying out a massage at home
Massage of feet and feet is the main method for getting rid of flat feet. Since this affliction is accompanied by the defeat of the entire musculoskeletal system, attention should also be paid to rubbing the thighs, buttocks, back and lower leg. The technique of massage must necessarily involve these parts of the body.
How to do this procedure correctly? It runs in several stages:
- Foot massage. To begin with, it is necessary to rub the area of the feet well from the heel to the toes with the edge of the palm. After that, use your thumb to draw straight lines along the foot. Be sure to work with the skin between your toes. Complete the foot massage by turning the legs in different directions, fixing the heel.
- Massage of the lower leg. After manipulation with the feet, you should go to the lower leg. To do this, stroking, kneading and rubbing both sides of this part of the body is done, accompanied by a slight tingling. Direct the movements to the knee joint.
- Massage on the hips and buttocks. Carrying stroking movements in these parts of the body can be, not focusing on certain places. Muds are done in an arbitrary direction. It is obligatory to apply pats with the help of the rib of the palm.
- Back massage. In this area, perform manipulations similar to the previous ones. Only increase the duration, pay special attention to the lower back.
It is important to know!In the area of the kidneys are contraindicated patting and shock movements!
Children's massage with flat feet takes no more than 15 minutes a day. Experts recommend that you perform massages every other day. Therefore, a little attention and concern for the child will help him avoid the unpleasant consequences of the disease in the future.
Massage for babies
Flat feet in children under 2 years of age have a sluggish character, they do not experience any special discomfort. In this regard, parents should closely monitor the contour of the baby's foot to prevent deformation. After all, in the early stages of flatfoot it is much easier to get rid of. The youngest children have a very developed presence of subcutaneous fat on the feet. Often parents mistake him for flat feet. Therefore, it is better to consult a specialist for the correct diagnosis.
To carry out a massage for children under 2 years of age, you should perform such manipulations:
- feet rubbing;
- easy tingling of feet;
- circular grinding of the tibia;
- kneading the legs with one and two hands alternately.
Children who are not yet one year old, perform massage procedures at home is not recommended. To get rid of flat feet it is better to consult a massage therapist.
Important to remember!At an early age, the baby has very tender skin! Therefore, care must be taken during the procedure so as not to harm in any way.
Applying a massage mat
Massage mat from flat feet is very easy to use and has a fairly low cost. Therefore, it is a good alternative for the treatment and prevention of disease in children. Massage mats ensure the normalization of blood circulation, which has a positive effect on muscle tone. Its use has such useful functions:
- beneficial effect on blood circulation;
- improves the elasticity of the skin and muscle tissue;
- boosting the immune system;
- recovery after injuries of the lower limbs;
- stimulates cardiovascular processes;
- positively affects the development of the musculoskeletal system;
- good flatfoot prevention.
The variety of shapes and colors of such useful rugs will turn banal treatment into a pleasant and fun game.
Massage mat can be made by hand. To do this, you can use various materials, such as chestnuts, sea pebbles, buttons. It is enough to sew or paste them on a dense fabric. The advantage of a self-made rug is the originality of the design. After all, materials can be combined to achieve maximum effect, and the color and shapes to choose in the form of games (classics, crosses - zeros, labyrinths). This treatment of flat feet will give the child great pleasure.
It is important to know!The treatment of the disease should be accompanied by wearing orthopedic shoes, as well as using contrasting trays!
Prevention of disease
To prevent the occurrence of this disease in a child, it is necessary to carry out such activities from an early age:
- observance of foot hygiene - always wash with soap before going to bed, paying attention to the area between the fingers, and wipe dry;
- periodically use foot baths with sea salt;
- in the hot season it is more often to walk barefoot on sand, pebbles, loose soil;
- choose the right shoes, it should be the right size, on a firm sole and with a little heel;
- to carry change shoes in school and preschool institutions;
- to teach the child not to stand in one position for a long period, to explain that it is necessary to periodically change the load on the feet;
- regular physical activity, it is better to write the child to the roller-skating section, swimming, climbing;
- pay attention to home shoes - slippers should not be too soft and spacious.
The implementation of these rules should be developed in the child before the automatism. They are simple, and the benefits are colossal not only for the prevention of flat feet, but for health in general.