Sunberry is a hybrid of African and European small-fruited palena. Unlike most plants of this species, the fruits of sanberry do not contain poisonous substances. From its African ancestor, Sanberry borrowed decorative qualities and yield, and the European nightshade made it edible.
The variety was bred in 1905 by a breeder named Luther Burbank.
- Use of the plant
- Nutritional value and calorie content of
- Is there any harm and contraindication?
- Recipes of traditional medicine
The use of the plant
The chemical composition of this plant has a large number of components that have curative and preventive properties. Therefore, sanberry is widely used in the treatment and prevention of ailments by people's methods.
The main medicinal properties of the plant:
- Heals wounds, including purulent wounds. Helps with burns, ulcers and abscesses.
- Combats skin diseases, eczema, psoriasis, seborrhea.
- In moderate amounts, plant berries help with gastritis and other gastric diseases.
- Helps preserve beauty and youth through antioxidants contained in fruits.
- Slows down aging, improves memory, reduces the risk of developing glaucoma and diabetes, helps maintain visual acuity.
- Relieves seizures of epilepsy.
- Normalizes blood pressure.
- Relieves pain with intestinal spasms.
- Increases the acidity of gastric juice.
- Helps with rheumatism, gout and osteochondrosis.
- Strengthens the immune system and helps fight colds and viral diseases.
Nutritional value and calorific value of
Caloric value - 220 kcal per 100 gr.
Berries of plants contain many useful components - vitamins, microelements, nutrients. Judging by the variety of chemical composition, Sanberry contains almost all the components necessary for the human body. The only exception is vitamins, to which this plant is not very rich.
- Vitamin C. Strengthens the immune system, helps fight viruses and colds.
- Carotene( provitamin A).A strong antioxidant that helps eliminate toxins.
- Manganese. Normalizes blood clotting and the immune system.
- Chrome. Normalizes the metabolism of glucose.
- Zinc. Stabilizes the work of the pancreas and pituitary gland.
- Pectin and selenium. Purify the body of toxins, slow down aging.
In addition, the fruits of sanberries contain many more useful and nutritious substances, such as silver, potassium, magnesium, copper, nickel, iron, proteins, fats, fructose, etc. Also in the fruit are physiologically active compounds - tannins,chlorophyll, anthocyanins.
Berry has low taste, but with the right preparation, you can get a tasty and healthy product. From sanberry make jam, jams, wine and add to vegetable caviar.
But it is not necessary to feed special illusions about the taste of sanberry, it resembles the taste of a green tomato, which, in fact, is.
Cedar oil: useful properties and contraindications, application in folk medicine.
What is honeysuckle, what are the useful properties of it? Read in this article.
Are there any harm and contraindications?
People who use sanberry, should pay attention to some of the features of this plant and the problems with the health that may arise.
- Allergy. Like any product with a rich chemical composition, sanberry can provoke an allergic reaction - a rash, redness of the skin, etc.
- Gastric disorders. Excessive consumption of berries causes stomach upset, as it contains a natural laxative - pectin. For the same reason, it is worth carefully combining the sanderberry with milk and fruits.
- . Reduction of the uterus. Another side effect of sanberry. The fruits of the plant and medicines on its basis can not be used during pregnancy.
Traditional medicine recipes
- Purulent wounds .Berry the grind, mix with fermented milk( 1: 1) and apply to the abscesses.
- Burns .The berries are fried in butter, crushed to a puree state. The mixture should be cooled and applied to the burned skin.
- Angina .Juice and drinking water in a 1: 1 ratio, gargle with a mixture. This remedy also helps with stomatitis and gingivitis.
- Treatment of skin diseases ( psoriasis, eczema, seborrhea).Mix 2 egg whites, 100 g of sapberry juice pressed from the leaves and 2 tablespoons of juice of berries. Use the mixture as a lotion.
Learn about the beneficial properties and contraindications for blueberries. Can I be treated with these berries?
How useful is dried cornel? Read more about tasty treat and folk medicine in this article.
Healing properties of medinitsa and methods of application in folk medicine - http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva / lekarstvennye-rasteniya / medunitsa.html
- Common restorative tool .Mix 2.5 liters of schnumber juice with 2.5 liters of water. Add one and a half kg of honey. Blend the mixture into glass jars and send it to a cool place( cellar, refrigerator).Take before meals, 2 tablespoons.l. This elixir improves general health, normalizes blood pressure, helps with rheumatic pain, gout, varicose veins, reduces the intensity of migraines, removes the head bolt and improves memory.
- Treatment of prostate adenoma .5 grams of dried berries of sanderberry and the same number of licorice roots put in half a liter of water, heated to 40 degrees. Leave for 10 hours in a closed container. Infusion( always fresh) before eating( 10 minutes) for 1 tbsp.
Despite the low taste qualities, sanberry is gradually gaining popularity. High yield, unpretentious care, a wide range of medicinal properties and the possibility of using in cooking make this plant more and more popular, especially among gardeners and fans of traditional medicine.