Gastritis is a fairly common disease in modern times. Now an active and fast-paced lifestyle is prevailing, which does not always allow for a rational and regular diet. As a result, inflammation of the gastric mucosa begins to develop. Everyone who suffers from any form of this disease must adhere to certain rules of eating. What can I eat with gastritis? On this issue should be discussed in detail.
- Eating with gastritis with high acidity
- Nutrition with a disease with a low acidity
- Acute gastritis: what you can eat
- Rules for eating food for gastritis and gastric ulcer
Find out what are the symptoms of exacerbation of gastritis and how to treat Treatment of gastritis with folk remedies: the most effective recipes Symptoms of gastritis with low acidity - treatment and diet What are the symptoms and treatment of gastritis with high acidity - diet Erosive gastritis: symptoms, treatment, diet and folk remedies
Eating with gastritis with high acidity
This form of the disease occurs with increased production of hydrochloric acid by the lining of the gastric mucosa. Digestive juice with a high acid content has an irritating and damaging effect to the mucous membrane, thereby disrupting the normal functioning of the stomach. The main sign of gastritis with high acidity is severe heartburn after every eating. What can you eat with increased acidity? The safest products are:
- Lean meat. For preparation of various dishes beef, lamb, chicken, rabbit meat, and also low-fat kinds of sausage or sausages will approach. You can eat meat in the form of pate. Cook should be steamed, by cooking or baking in the oven.
- Sea or river fish. Choose also follows non-fat fish. The safest species can be: pike, bream, cod, tuna, sturgeon.
- Milk and fermented milk products. Milk must be consumed exclusively pasteurized, not whole. You can add a little cream to the dishes with a low percentage of fat. Cheese of hard varieties should also be chosen low-fat. As for soft varieties, then unsalted varieties will be used for consumption. Cottage cheese can be used non-acidic and fat-free. Yogurt should be chosen without dyes and flavors. All dairy products are required to be included in the menu in minimum quantities.
- Chicken eggs. They can be eaten as an omelet or cook. Raw eggs with gastritis with high acidity are contraindicated.
- Kashi. For their preparation, manna, buckwheat, oatmeal and rice cereals will suit. You can cook them on water or on milk.
- Vegetables. Preference should be given to potatoes, carrots, beets, courgettes, pumpkin, tomatoes. Is it possible to eat cabbage with increased acidity? From its use should be refrained, since white cabbage and Brussels sprouts contribute to a more active allocation of gastric juice.
- Fruit. They contain many useful substances, so with moderate consumption of fruits such as apples, pears, strawberries, have a beneficial effect on the body. Can I eat bananas? They can be consumed no more than 1 piece. in a day.
As for sweets, they are contraindicated in gastritis. The only thing you can eat is honey. It should be used as an additive to the main course. The main thing is that the honey should be high quality and fresh.
What can not be eaten with this form of the disease? Completely refuse should be from such foods:
- Fruits that contribute to a more active production of gastric juice. These are: kiwi, oranges and other citrus fruits.
- Products that are difficult to digest: chocolate, nuts.
- Cereals with coarse fibers, namely millet, corn, pearl barley, beans. They have a negative effect on the work of the stomach, causing fermentation.
- Pork and lard. They have an irritating effect on the walls of the stomach, thereby causing diarrhea or constipation.
- Canned food and smoked meat. They help reduce the rate of digestion, cause heartburn and a feeling of severe gravity in the stomach.
- By-products. They raise the level of cholesterol in the blood.
If you adhere to such a diet, you can avoid exacerbation for a long period of time.
It is important to know! The above diet is useful for gastritis and pancreatitis!
Nutrition with a disease with a low acidity
The state of health of a patient with hypoacid gastritis is much better than with gastritis with high acidity. Therefore, the diet in such cases does not differ by strong restrictions. It is aimed at having a gentle effect on the walls of the stomach.
To maintain the state in the norm it is required to adhere to such rules:
- Thermal treatment is not limited, but during frying, excessive crust should be avoided;
- dishes with fiber are required to eat in the form of mashed potatoes;
- avoid taking too cold or very hot food;
- to minimize the use of salty foods and foods.
Important to remember! In gastritis with a low acidity, avoid overeating and try to make the menu diverse. Also, food should be rational and balanced.
Acute gastritis: what you can eat
A person suffering from a chronic form of the disease must adhere to a strict diet with exacerbation of gastritis. An inflamed stomach during this period causes painful pain. In order for the pain to gradually subside, on the first day of exacerbation one should completely refrain from eating any food. You can drink only water or weak tea. Within 1 week the patient should adhere to such principles of nutrition:
- Viscous soups. They should be cooked from rice or oat porridge with the addition of a small amount of butter.
- Liquid porridges cooked on the water. The most safe at exacerbation are: buckwheat, semolina, oatmeal, rice. After preparation, they should be rubbed through a sieve.
- Meat and fish of low-fat varieties. They need to be cooked with cooking, then grind to the consistency of the paste.
- Dairy. Allowed a small amount of milk, as well as low-fat cottage cheese.
- Chicken eggs can be eaten as a steamed omelette.
What can not be used for acute gastritis? The following products should be completely excluded from the diet:
- yoghurt, kefir and other dairy products with high fat content;
- vegetables in raw form;
- fresh bread;
- coffee, cocoa, strong tea;
- carbonated drinks.
If you adhere to such a diet, then the patient's condition will gradually improve.
Rules for eating food for gastritis and gastric ulcer
To restore the gastric mucosa with inflammation of the gastric mucosa with peptic ulcer it is necessary to adhere to such dietary rules:
- Cooking food exclusively for a couple or by baking, but without crusting. Also, do not eat too cold or excessively hot dishes.
- Minimize daily intake of salt, as it slows down the process of removing fluid from the body, which adversely affects the course of the disease.
- Eat a little. That is, increase the amount of food intake up to 6 times a day, while portions should be small.
With regard to products that can be used with an ulcer, they are:
- Soups, cooked on vegetables with the addition of noodles, rice and chicken eggs;
- Fresh bread replaced with breadcrumbs or baked pastries;
- chicken and rabbit - the most dietary meat products;
- Low-fat varieties of fish can also diversify the daily menu;
- lactic and fermented milk products with low fat content.
List of products that are prohibited for stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers:
- rye fresh bread;
- puff pastry;
- fatty meat and fish;
- canned, smoked, overly salty and spicy dishes;
- White cabbage;
- sorrel and spinach;
- carbonated drinks;
- strong coffee.
If you adhere to such rules of nutrition, you can make a fairly diverse menu. Therefore, people suffering from various types of gastritis should not despair. Moderate consumption of all products does not cause exacerbations. And the use of properly cooked food positively affects not only the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, but also the general condition as a whole. A balanced diet helps to quickly restore strength and not feel the severity, characteristic of overeating, even for a healthy person.