Nature has presented mankind with an invaluable gift in the form of wonderful berries, which are called blueberries. These fruits are an inexhaustible source of vitamins, nutrients and minerals. Berries of blue color grow on a small shrub of the heather family.
The natural habitat of blueberries is swamp forests, tundra, mountains. It grows in the European part of Russia, Ukraine, the Urals, Siberia, the Far East and the Caucasus.
This amazing plant feels great, both on dry mountain plots and on moist soil. It grows better in those places where there is free access to the sun's rays. For blueberries, frosts are not terrible.
The bush can live and bear fruit - about 90 years. Fruiting of the bush in natural conditions begins at the age of 12 - 17 years. From one bush it is possible to collect up to 200 grams of berries. Collection of blueberries begins in late June - early July.
Until recently, blueberries could be found only in the natural habitat. But, scientists - breeders managed to create many varieties of garden berries. A distinctive feature, which - higher bush and bulk berries than the forest.
Also the garden berry is much more gentle, forest. It must be treated very carefully, so as not to crumple. After collection, it is desirable to quickly process it, so as not to mash, jam, jelly, juice or compote.
- Benefits of berries
- Nutritional value and caloricity
- Harm and contraindications
- Methods of application of folk medicine
Benefits of berries
The peculiarity of blueberry is its peculiar composition.
Its structure includes many vitamins, which are important for normal human life: it is vitamin A, B1, B2, PP, K, R, ascorbic acid.
Also in its composition there is calcium, phosphorus, iron, copper and the following organic acids: acetic, malic, citric, oxalic, tannins and pectins.
Anthocyanins of are considered to be of particular importance for blue berries, which in blueberries are much larger than in blueberries. Thanks to these substances, blueberry is endowed with anti-cancer and anti-aging properties.
- The presence of pectin and tannins enable the blueberry to rid our body of toxic substances, slags, radionuclides and heavy metal salts.
- Berry is successfully used to treat the pancreas and intestines.
- Drinking berries leads to a significant decrease in blood sugar levels.
- Drug from leaves and young plant stems is used for bladder ailments and kidney and heart diseases.
- Blueberry leaves are used as a laxative.
- With the help of these berries, it is possible to improve the metabolic processes occurring in the human body.
- According to the iron content of these berries there is no equal.
- Blueberries contain substances such as pilophenols. They promote the expansion of the blood and strengthen the blood vessels, prevent the aging of nerve cells. If these berries are used in conjunction with pribiotics, then the number of harmful cocci is reduced, which are the basis for the development of inflammatory processes in our body.
- Berry does not allow the formation of fat cells in the body in large quantities. This property of blueberry is due to the presence in its composition of natural antioxidants - antacids, which color blueberry in dark blue or a gift in purple.
- The use of these fruits in large quantities is a guarantee that the aging processes of the body will be suspended for some time.
- Blueberry inhibits unwanted negative processes occurring in the brain.
- The fiber, which is present in the berries, favorably affects the intestines, prevents the development of the ailments of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Regular fruit consumption minimizes the sight problem. This is considered an effective tool in the treatment of glaucoma.
- The content of highly active antioxidants is a good prevention against the occurrence of malignant tumors.
- Berries grown in wild conditions are endowed with anti-inflammatory properties.
- In a glass of blueberry juice contains all the necessary nutrients and vitamins that a person needs during the day.
- The greatest amount of nutrients is found in berries, the leaves are slightly smaller.
- Blueberry juice is appreciated all over the world as the most useful.
- Berries need to be eaten by the elderly, so they can activate their vitality.
- Blueberry has an antiscorbutic and anti-sclerotic effect on the body.
Blueberries are recommended to include in the diet in the presence of such diseases:
- diabetes, gallbladder inflammation, irritation of the mucosa of the large intestine, pancreatitis;
- enterocolitis, diabetes, stomach catarrh;
- arthritis, pyelitis, atherosclerosis;
- elevated blood pressure, fever;
- scrofula in toddlers.
In order that the blueberry does not lose its useful properties, it needs to be collected correctly or to pay attention to the quality of the products when buying on the market. Do not forget that this berry is very tender and requires a careful attitude.
Nutritional value and calorific value of
100 grams of raw berries contain about 40 kcal, and this is an occasion to assert that blueberry is a low-calorie, dietary product.
- proteins - 1 gram;
- fats - 0 grams;
- carbohydrates - 8.2 grams.
Brazil nut: useful properties for women and men, contraindications to use.
Learn from this article how useful cedar nuts are for the health of the body.
Does pomegranate juice raise hemoglobin?http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva /lekarstva/napitki/ granatovyj-sok.html
Harm and contraindications
If you believe the numerous reviews of the inhabitants who eat these miracle - berries, then the harm and side effects on the body are extremely rare.
It is worth remembering that any product, blueberry is no exception, should be consumed within reasonable limits. Since berries contain a huge amount of nutrients, when they enter the body in large quantities, they can lead to intoxication. And it is fraught with such manifestations as headache, nausea, vomiting and allergic reactions.
It is not necessary to eat berries in food for people suffering from diseases of the biliary tract.
Methods of application of folk medicine
- For gastritis, colitis and renal diseases use a decoction, which is prepared from dried berries. Take 20 grams of dry blueberries and fill it with a glass of steep boiling water. Leave to insist for one hour. The broth is taken during the day in small portions( 50 ml each).
- Prophylaxis of prostatic adenoma, anemia and diabetes .For the treatment we use a decoction from the dry leaves of the plant, which were collected before the reddening( this is a prerequisite).Take 1 tablespoon of mashed leaves and fill them with hot water, boil on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Then we let it brew until the brew is completely cool. After that, filter and use 100 ml before each meal. The same broth can be used to heal purulent wounds.
- Anemia, diabetes, leukemia .If you have these ailments, you need to regularly drink the infusion, prepared as follows: put a spoonful of berries in a thermos, fill them with a glass of boiling water and stand for 1 hour. Take infusion of 50 ml 3 - 4 times a day and eat.
- Ragged berries or blueberry juice helps with cystitis and enterocolitis .
- Strong cough, pneumonia, bronchitis .For this purpose, you need to prepare a decoction from the leaves of the bush. This drink has an expectorant property.
- For constipations, a preparation prepared from dry leaves is helpful. A tablespoon of crushed raw material is poured with boiling water( 250ml) and boiled over a slow fire for 7-10 minutes. Cool, filter and take 3 times a day for 100 ml.
- To reduce body temperature for colds .Berries fill with hot water and insist under the lid for 1 hour. After the infusion is filtered, a little honey is added to it. We take the medicine in a warm form 3 times a day for 1/3 cup.
- After a long illness and in the postoperative period, is useful several times a day to take half a glass of freshly squeezed blueberry juice.
- If you need to eliminate the adverse effects of after taking antibiotics in large doses, take the blueberry in fresh form.
Blueberries are widely used in cooking. It makes a delicious wine, tinctures, jelly, jam, pastille. It is added to milkshakes and other dishes.
We also suggest you to watch an interesting video on the topic of the article: