Gastritis is a disease characterized by the development of the inflammatory process of the gastric mucosa. This is a common enough ailment that can develop into more dangerous diseases. Therefore, what appears to be gastritis, its symptoms and treatment in adults should be considered in detail.
- Causes of gastritis
- Symptoms of gastritis in adults
- Types of gastritis
- Treatment of the disease
- Treatment with folk remedies
- Birch bark
- Diet with exacerbation
- Prevention of gastritis in adults
What are the symptoms and treatment of gastritis with high acidity - diet Erosive gastritis: symptoms, treatment, diet and folk remedies Treatment of gastritis with folk remedies: the most effective recipes Atrophic gastritis and its symptoms, causes and treatment Find out what are the symptoms of exacerbation of gastritis and how to treat
Causes of gastritis
There are many reasons why an adult can develop this disease. The most common prerequisites are:
- Hit in the stomach of specific pathogenic bacteria. These bacteria can withstand the destructive effect of gastric juice and cause gastritis and stomach ulcers.
- Incorrect food. Unserious intake of food, that is overeating or malnutrition, leads to improper operation of the gastrointestinal tract. Also, irregular eating, eating harmful food affects negatively.
- Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages. Ethanol, which is contained in them, in a significant amount falling into the stomach, can cause the occurrence of gastritis.
- Prolonged intake of potent medicines. They lead to irritation of the gastric mucosa. Therefore, it is required to strictly observe the dosage prescribed by the attending physician.
- Genetic predisposition to diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. If at least one of the parents has a gastritis, then the probability that it will appear in the born baby is increased.
- Violation of metabolic processes.
From the above reasons for the development of this disease, it can be seen that it can cause both external and internal factors.
Symptoms of gastritis in adults
Depending on the form of the disease, a person can feel different symptoms. Their severity depends on the degree of mucosal involvement. The most common signs of the development of gastritis in humans are:
- poor appetite or total loss;
- heaviness in the stomach;
- an unpleasant bitter taste in the mouth, especially after eating;
- nausea, usually leading to vomiting;
- copious salivation;
- general weakness;
Also in some cases, the patient may experience an increase in body temperature to 39 ° C.
It is important to know! These symptoms worsen during the period of exacerbation and are more pronounced!
Types of gastritis
Depending on the nature of the course of the disease is divided into these types:
- Erosive (corrosive) gastritis. With this form of the disease, there is a strong puffiness and minor damage to the gastric mucosa.
- Fibrinous gastritis. This form is characterized by the death of a small part of the cells of the gastric mucosa, after which a film is formed on the affected part. If the treatment is not started in time, the disease can lead to complete mucosal replacement.
- Necrotic gastritis. Characterized by complete death of cells of the mucosa as a result of ingestion of harmful substances into the stomach.
- Purulent gastritis. Can develop for a variety of reasons. With this form, the patient has an increased body temperature and acute pain in the stomach. If you do not start a timely treatment, a purulent form of the disease can lead to complications in the form of abscess, peritonitis, etc.
With the course of gastritis divided into:
- Acute gastritis. The first signs of the disease manifest themselves in the patient fairly quickly. Exacerbation is accompanied by pain in the upper part of the abdominal cavity, as well as other signs characteristic of gastritis. After taking medications, the symptoms gradually begin to subside.
- Chronic gastritis. The chronic form of the disease has a sluggish character. The patient can feel good for a long period of time. Maintain their condition in the norm is required with the help of regular medication, as well as observance of a strict diet that includes the use of exceptionally useful products that do not cause an increase or decrease in acidity.
Important to remember! Regardless of the form of the disease, after its diagnosis it is required to begin treatment immediately!
Treatment of the disease
Than to treat an inflammation of a stomach? Treatment in adults provides for a comprehensive use of medicines, namely:
- Medicines that help reduce acidity. For this, the following drugs are used: Omez, Nexium, Famotidine, Ranitidine.
- Medicines aimed at reducing the acidity of gastric juice. They also eliminate such an unpleasant symptom as heartburn. Examples of such drugs: Almagel, Fosfalugel, Geksikon, as well as their analogues.
- Preparations that perform the function of protecting the inflamed mucosa from the effects of gastric acid. They have an enveloping effect. The most effective means are: De-nol, Vikalin, Venter.
- Enzymes that improve digestion help to facilitate the process of digestion of food. To do this, use such medications: Pancreatin, Mezim, Creon, as well as drugs with a similar effect on the body.
- Medications to eliminate spasms and relieve painful sensations during an exacerbation. Examples of such drugs: No-shpa, Papaverin, Trimedat and others.
- Antibacterial preparations. Used in cases where gastritis is caused by pathogenic bacteria. They help to remove the inflammatory process. In order to choose an antibiotic of a certain group, you need to consult a specialist. He will appoint the most effective and safe remedy, taking into account the individual features of the course of the disease.
Also, the patient is prescribed the intake of complex vitamins. They are required for prolonged inflammation of the mucous membrane.
Important to remember! Before using certain medications, you should consult your doctor! This will help to maximize the impact on the disease.
Treatment with folk remedies
Remove the inflammatory process with gastritis, as well as alleviate the condition during an exacerbation can help the means of alternative medicine. There are many recipes that are highly effective.
In order to eliminate belching and heartburn, 2 tbsp. l. finely chopped birch bark. Add 1 liter of hot water, not boiling water. Leave to infuse for 3 hours. After the time has elapsed, the preparation must be filtered and consumed 100 ml 3 times daily before meals.
It will take 1 tbsp. l. finely chopped burdock leaves. Pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, leave to stand for 12 hours. The received preparation is taken 100 ml 3 times a day.
Important to remember! Before using a certain medicine traditional medicine is required to consult with a specialist!
Diet with exacerbation
Exacerbation of chronic gastritis requires strict diet, which requires the complete elimination of such foods from the diet:
- beverages and products containing caffeine;
- carbonated drinks;
- various sauces and spices;
- vegetables, fruits and berries in raw form;
- fresh bakery products from flour of the highest grade;
- dairy products with a high percentage of fat content;
- fatty meat and fish.
The thermal treatment of products with gastritis should be done by cooking, steaming or in the oven.
Important to remember! With gastritis to develop the right menu, it is better to seek the help of a qualified gastroenterologist!
Prevention of gastritis in adults
In order to avoid inflammation of the gastric mucosa, it is required to adhere to such rules:
- Proper nutrition. It provides for a regular meal. That is, avoid overeating and starvation. The food should be balanced. It is better to avoid eating at fast food restaurants.
- Use only high-quality products. It is best to eat only cooked dishes. When choosing products in the supermarket, special attention should be paid to the shelf life.
- Eating should not be fast. Food should be chewed carefully, slowly.
- Avoid low-quality alcoholic beverages, especially in excessive quantities. A large amount of ethanol can trigger an inflammatory process and a burn of the mucous membrane. With regard to smoking, then this particular habit is not capable of causing gastritis, but it can aggravate the condition during the period of its exacerbation.
If you strictly follow the above rules, a person can reduce the likelihood of developing gastritis.