Neuroses are a group of functional disorders of higher nervous activity of psychogenic origin. Neurotic clinic is very diverse, it can include somatic neurotic disorders, vegetative disorders, various phobias, dysthymia, obsessions, compulsions, emotional and mystical problems.
It should be borne in mind that neuroses have a lingering flow pattern. This disease affects people who are subject to constant fatigue, lack of sleep, predisposing individual features of the course of nervous processes and certain personality traits - suspiciousness, anxiety, conscience. Especially bright neuroses are manifested in persons with an inferiority complex. Neurosis, what is it?
- hysterical neurosis
- obsessional neurosis
- depressive form
- Folk remedies
- Proper nutrition
- Medicinal herbs
- Autogenic training - selfsuggestion
- How to heal laughter
Neurosis, what is it?
Neurosis is a combination of psychogenic, functional reversible disorders that tend to last for a long time. The clinical picture of a neurosis is characterized by obsessive, asthenic or hysterical manifestations, as well as temporary weakening of physical and mental performance. This disorder is also called a psychoneurosis or neurotic disorder.
Neuroses in adults are characterized by a reversible and not very severe course, which distinguishes them, in particular, from psychoses. According to statistics, up to 20% of adults suffer from various neurotic disorders. The percentage can vary in different social groups.
The main mechanism of development is a disorder of brain activity, which normally provides for human adaptation. As a result, there are both physical and mental disorders.
For the first time the term neurosis in medical terminology was introduced in 1776 by a doctor from Scotland, William Cullen.
Reasons for the appearance of
Neuroses and neurotic states are considered a polyfactor pathology. They are caused by a large number of causes that act together and trigger a large complex of pathogenetic reactions leading to pathology of the central and peripheral nervous system.
The cause of neuroses is the effect of a psychotraumatic factor or a psychotraumatic situation.
- In the first case we are talking about a short-term, but strong negative impact on a person, for example, the death of a loved one.
- In the second case it is said about the long-term, chronic impact of the negative factor, for example, the family-household conflict situation. Speaking about the causes of neurosis, it is precisely psychotraumatic situations, and especially family conflicts, that are of great importance.
To date, there are:
- psychological factors in the development of neuroses, which are understood as features and conditions for the development of the personality, as well as upbringing, the level of claims and relationships with the society;
- biological factors, which refers to the functional insufficiency of certain neurophysiological, as well as neurotransmitter systems that make the patients susceptible to psychogenic influences.
Equally often in all categories of patients, regardless of their place of residence, there is psychoneurosis due to such tragic events as:
- death or loss of a loved one;
- severe illness in close or in the patient;
- divorce or parting with a loved one;
- dismissal from work, bankruptcy, business collapse and so on.
It is not entirely correct to talk about heredity in this situation. The development of neurosis is influenced by the environment in which a person grew up and was brought up. The child, looking at parents prone to hysteria, takes over their behavior and himself exposes his nervous system to injuries.
According to the American Psychiatric Association, the incidence of neurosis in men ranges from 5 to 80 cases per 1000 population, while in women it ranges from 4 to 160.
Types of neuroses
Neuroses are a group of diseases that occur in a person due to exposuretraumas of a mental nature. As a rule, they are accompanied by deterioration of the person's well-being, changes in mood and manifestations of somato-vegetative manifestations.
Neurasthenia( nervous weakness or fatigue syndrome) is the most common form of neuroses. It occurs with prolonged nervous overstrain, chronic stress and other similar conditions that cause fatigue and "failure" of the protective mechanisms of the nervous system.
Neurasthenia is characterized by the following symptoms:
- increased irritability;
- high excitability;
- fast fatigue;
- loss of ability to self-control and self-control;
- tearfulness and touchiness;
- absentmindedness, inability to concentrate;
- reduced ability to prolong mental exertion;
- loss of habitual physical endurance;
- expressed by sleep disorders;
- loss of appetite;
- apathy and indifference to what is happening.
Vegetative manifestations of hysteria are manifested in the form of spasms, persistent nausea, vomiting, syncope. Characteristic of motor disorders - trembling, tremor in the extremities, blepharospasm. Sensory disorders are expressed by impaired sensitivity in various parts of the body, painful sensations, hysterical deafness and blindness may develop.
Patients are striving to attract the attention of relatives and doctors to their condition, they have extremely unstable emotions, the mood changes dramatically, they easily pass from sobbing to wild laughter.
There is a specific type of patient, with a penchant for hysterical neurosis:
- Impressive and sensitive;
- Self-hypnotic and suggestible;
- With mood swings;
- With a tendency to attract external attention.
Hysterical neurosis should be distinguished from somatic and mental illnesses. Similar symptoms occur in schizophrenia, tumors of the central nervous system, endocrinopathy, encephalopathy in the background of trauma.
Disease, which is characterized by the emergence of obsessions and thoughts. A person is overcome by fears that he can not get rid of. In a similar state, the patient often manifests phobias( this form is also called a phobic neurosis).
Symptoms of neurosis of this form are manifested as follows: a person feels fear, which manifests itself in repeated unpleasant incidents.
For example, if a patient falls into a faint in the street, then in the same place next time he will be obsessed with obsessive fear. Over time, a person has a fear of death, incurable diseases, dangerous infections.
Depressive neurosis - develops against a background of protracted psychogenic or neurotic depression. The disorder is characterized by a deterioration in the quality of sleep, a loss of ability to rejoice, a bad chronic mood. The disease is accompanied by:
- heart rhythm disturbances,
- stomach problems,
- sexual dysfunction.
Neurosis: symptoms in adults
Neurosis is characterized by mood instability, impulsive actions. Variability of mood affects all areas of the patient's life. It affects interpersonal relationships, setting goals, self-esteem.
Patients suffer from memory impairment, low concentration of attention, high fatigue. A man gets tired not only from work, but from his favorite pursuits. Intellectual activity becomes difficult. Due to absent-mindedness, the patient can make many mistakes, which causes new problems at work and at home.
Among the main signs of neurosis, the following:
- causeless emotional stress;
- increased fatigue;Insomnia or a constant desire to sleep;
- closed and looped;
- lack of appetite or overeating;
- memory attenuation;
- headache( prolonged and sudden onset);Dizziness and syncope
- darkening in eyes;
- pain in the heart, abdomen, muscles and joints;
- hand tremor;
- frequent urination;
- increased sweating( because of fear and nervousness);
- decreased potency;
- overestimation or underestimation of self-esteem;
- uncertainty and inconsistency;
- incorrect prioritization.
People with neuroses often have:
- mood instability;
- feeling of insecurity and correctness of the actions;
- excessive emotional reaction to small stresses( aggression, despair, etc.);
- increased sensitivity and vulnerability;
- tear and irritability;
- suspiciousness and exaggerated self-criticism;
- frequent manifestation of unreasonable anxiety and fear;
- contradictory desires and changing the value system;
- excessive obsession with the problem;
- increased mental fatigue;
- decreased ability to memorize and concentrate attention;
- high sensitivity to sound and light stimuli, reaction to minor temperature changes;
- sleep disorders.
Neurosis: signs in women and men
Signs of neurosis in the fair sex have their own characteristics, which should be discussed. First of all, women are characterized by asthenic neurosis( neurasthenia), conditioned by irritability, loss of mental and physical ability, and also leading to problems in sexual life.
For men, the following types are characteristic:
- Depressive - the symptoms of this type of neurosis are more common in men, the reasons for its appearance are the inability to realize themselves at work, the inability to adapt to abrupt changes in life, both in personal and in public.
- Men's neurasthenia. Usually occurs against a background of overstrain, both physical and nervous, most often he is subject to workaholics.
Symptoms of climacteric neurosis, which develops in both men and women, are increased emotional sensitivity and irritability, lowered endurance, sleep disorders, general problems with the work of internal organs beginning in the period from 45 to 55 years.
Stages of neurosis
Neuroses are diseases that are fundamentally reversible, functional, without organic damage to the brain. But they often take a long time. This is due not so much to the most psychotraumatic situation as to the characteristics of a person's character, his attitude to this situation, the level of adaptive capabilities of the body and the system of psychological defense.
Neuroses are divided into 3 stages, each of which has its own symptoms:
- The initial stage is characterized by increased excitability and irritability;
- The intermediate stage( hypersthenic) is characterized by an increase in nervous impulses from the peripheral nervous system;
- The final stage( hyposthenic) is manifested by a decrease in mood, drowsiness, lethargy and apathy due to the strong manifestation of the processes of inhibition in the nervous system.
A longer course of neurotic disorder, changes in behavioral reactions and the appearance of an assessment of their disease indicate the development of a neurotic condition, ie, a neurosis proper. A non-stopable neurotic condition within 6 months - 2 years leads to the formation of a neurotic personality development.
So which doctor will help cure neurosis? This is done by either a psychologist or a psychotherapist. Accordingly, the main tool for treatment is psychotherapy( and hypnotherapy), most often complex.
The patient needs to learn to objectively look at the world around him, to realize his inadequacy in some issues.
Diagnosing neurosis is not an easy task, which by virtue of only an experienced specialist. As already mentioned above, the symptoms of neurosis are manifested in different ways both in women and men. It is also necessary to take into account that each person has his own character, his personality traits, which can be confused with signs of other disorders. That is why the diagnosis should be dealt with only by a doctor.
The disease is diagnosed using the color technique:
- All colors are involved in the procedure, and the neurosis-like syndrome manifests itself when choosing and repeating violet, gray, black and brown colors.
- Hysterical neurosis is characterized by the choice of only two colors: red and purple, which indicates 99% of the underestimated self-esteem of the patient.
To identify signs of a psychopathic nature, a special test is performed - it allows to identify the presence of chronic fatigue, anxiety, indecisiveness, lack of self-confidence. People with neuroses rarely set long-term goals, do not believe in success, they often have complexes about their own appearance, they are difficult to communicate with people.
Neurosis: treatment of
There are many theories and methods of treating neuroses in adults. Therapy is carried out in two main directions - pharmacological and psychotherapeutic. The use of pharmacological therapy is carried out only with extremely severe forms of the disease. In many cases there is enough qualified psychotherapy.
In the absence of somatic pathologies, patients are recommended to change their lifestyle, normalize the regime of work and rest, sleep at least 7-8 hours a day, eat right, give up bad habits, spend more time outdoors and avoid nervous overload.
Unfortunately, very few people suffering from neuroses are ready to work on themselves, to change something. Therefore, drugs are widely used. They do not solve problems, but they are only called upon to remove the severity of the emotional reaction to the psychotraumatic situation. After them it just becomes easier on the soul - for a while. Perhaps, then it is worthwhile to look at the conflict( inside ourselves, with others or with life) from a different angle and finally solve it.
With the help of psychotropic drugs, tension, tremors, and insomnia are eliminated. Their appointment is permissible only for a short period of time.
In neuroses, the following groups of drugs are usually used:
- Tranquilizers - alprazolam , phenazepam .
- Antidepressants - fluoxetine , sertraline .
- Sleeping Pills - Zopiclone , Zolpidem .
Currently, the main methods of treatment for all types of neuroses are psychotherapeutic techniques and hypnotherapy. During the sessions of psychotherapy, a person gets the opportunity to build an integral picture of his personality, establish causal relationships that gave rise to the birth of neurotic reactions.
Methods of treating neuroses include color therapy. The right color for the brain is useful, like vitamins for the body.
- To dampen anger, irritation - avoid red color.
- At the moment of bad mood, exclude from the wardrobe black, dark blue tones, surround yourself with light and warm tones.
- To remove the voltage, look at the blue, greenish tones. Replace the home wallpaper, choose the appropriate decor.
Before applying any folk remedies for neurosis, we recommend consulting a doctor.
- If restless sleep, general weakness, affected neurasthenia should be a teaspoon of verbena grass pour a glass of boiling water, then insist an hour, take a small sip during the day.
- Tea with melissa - mix 10 grams of tea leaves and leaves of grass, pour 1 l of boiling water, drink tea in the evening and before going to bed;
- Mint .Pour 1 cup boiling water 1 tbsp.spoon of mint. Let it brew for 40 minutes and strain. Drink a cup of warm broth in the morning on an empty stomach and in the evening before going to bed.
- Bath with valerian .Take 60 grams of root and boil for 15 minutes, leave to stand for 1 hour, strain and pour into the bathroom with hot water. Take 15 minutes.
The prognosis of a neurosis depends on its type, stage of development and duration of the course, timeliness and adequacy of the provided psychological and medicamentous care. In most cases, the initiated therapy leads, if not to cure, to a significant improvement in the patient's condition.
Prolonged existence of neurosis is dangerously irreversible personality changes and suicide risk.
Despite the fact that neurosis is treatable, it is still better to prevent than treat.
Prevention methods for adults:
- The best prevention in this case will be to normalize your emotional background as much as possible.
- Try to exclude irritating factors or change your attitude towards them.
- Avoid overloading at work, normalize the mode of work and rest.
- It is very important to give yourself a proper rest, eat right, sleep at least 7-8 hours a day, make daily walks, play sports.
Treatment of neuroses and recommendations AM Tartak
It's about overcoming various disorders of the central nervous system, which are manifested in irritability, fatigue, reduced efficiency.
More Hippocrates believed that improper nutrition, causing physical ailments, leads to neuropsychiatric disorders. He began treatment as follows: first he subjected the patient to starvation, then cleared his bowels and herbs and enemas. After that, the patient was fed on raw vegetables and fruits. Food products of animal origin were allowed in very small quantities.
The treatment system for Hippocrates has not lost its importance in our time, so I suggest that my patients carefully balance their nutrition before starting treatment. On the proper nutrition has already been mentioned above. People who suffer from disorders of the nervous system need a special diet.
It is necessary to exclude white bread, pasta, ground rice, sugar and sweets. Completely unacceptable animal fats contained in meat, sausage, fat, ham, etc. Instead of sweets, you can use honey and dried fruits , and the body's need for fats will make up vegetable oils. Fruits and vegetables( better in raw form), as well as black bread can be eaten without restriction. Useful oats, rye, buckwheat, root crops, among which parsley, carrots, celery, beets, radish, onions, potatoes, as well as apples, plums, raspberries, currants are especially important. In the ration of the patient, dill and garlic are needed. You can use spices - thyme, mint.
Diseases of the nervous system can be treated in various ways. One of the most accessible and at the same time very effective is the treatment with medicinal herbs. I will give 2 recipes known to me.
500 g grains oats washed with cold water, pour 1 liter of cold water and cook until half-ready. Then filter. Take 150-200 ml of broth, adding a little honey .
Mix in equal quantities at least three of the following herbs: valerian( root), citric lemons, lemon balm( leaves), St. John's Wort( grass), three-color violet( grass), golden thousand( grass), croissant( grass), motherwort( grass)), hawthorn( grass), calendula( flowers), peppermint( leaves).
It has long been popular among the people with nervous overstrain that it was considered useful to to walk barefoot on the ground, lie on the ground .It is better to do this in the forest, in nature. This really gives excellent results.
My friend suffered from neuroses, complained of rapid fatigue, her hands were combed to the shoulders. Her sleep and appetite were disturbed, the medications did not help. The doctor, having examined the patient, said that this is the result of a difficult, joyless life. Fulfilling his recommendations, she walked for 3-4 days in the winter forest, in a warm coat lay down on the snow. Distracted from worries, she began to sleep. In 10 days from its or her illnesses or diseases there was no also a trace.
Very often people go to bed in a state of arousal. They remember the grievances and troubles of the past day, continue to "argue" in the mind, finding successful arguments. As a result, they get up early in the morning and become exhausted. The method of relaxation helps to cope with this unpleasant state.
Autogenic training - autosuggestion
Classes are held in the four stages of the .
- It is necessary to lay down in a comfortable position in a ventilated quiet room, hands to put along the trunk. Mentally monotonously pronounce the following : "The tips of the toes relax;feet relax, feet to the knee, above the knee, buttocks, back;relax fingers, hands, arms to the elbow, arms above the elbow;the forehead is pleasantly cool;slowly the eyes rotate under closed eyelids to the left and to the right;the tongue in the mouth relaxes, the lower jaw relaxes( it is hanging). " With this mind's eye, we look around the body, making sure that all parts of it are relaxed.
- Then we try to cause a feeling of heaviness in the whole body. We do this the same way as at the 1st stage, slowly pronouncing the : "My legs are heavy, heavy;if you raise your leg, it will fall like a cast-iron one;hands are heavy-heavy, if you raise your hand, it will fall like a cast-iron one;legs warm-warm, hands warm-warm ". Doing all this, we cause the outflow of blood from the brain to the extremities. The whole body becomes hot, it is hot, the head is cold. It seems that you fall down somewhere together with a soft bed and a warm blanket.
- 3 . Breathe in full breast. Calm and smooth breath, holding your breath, slow exhalation. The sensation that occurs when breathing completely, is similar to what you feel when yawning - the diaphragm and shoulders rise.
- Imagine yourself in a beautiful place, for example on the shore of the lake, happy and carefree. Somewhere the water splashes, it smells of seaweed, fish. The seagulls are shouting, the warm breeze caresses the face affectionately. Somewhere the grass rustles. The sun is pleasantly warm. How warm it is, warmth! How nice, nice, nice! Imagine a clear blue sky, and feel yourself like a bird hovering in this cloudless blue. In 5-10 minutes you can immerse yourself in a condition that heals from a neurosis.
This method is based on self-hypnosis. It is generally noted that suggestion and autosuggestion play a huge role in the treatment of diseases of the nervous system.
Frenchman Emil Kue , an apothecary, being an observant person, noticed that the effect of medication treatment is beneficially influenced by the patient's confidence in recovery. This observation is confirmed by the well-known action of tablets that do not contain any medications. Taking them, the patients recovered, because they were sure they were taking medicine, and were waiting for relief of suffering.
Having noticed this interesting feature of the human psyche, Emile Qué derived a wonderful formula that helps to get rid of a nervous breakdown and relieve pain. In the morning after awakening and in the evening lying in bed repeat aloud at least 20 times the following : "Every day in every respect I'm getting better and better".
This formula should be pronounced monotonously, focusing on the words " in all respects ", while fingering the fingers on the hands from right to left and from left to right.
Kue also advises with a malaise to retire, close your eyes and how you can quickly repeat: " My disease passes, passes, passes . ..".
After several workouts using Emile Koe's method, you will learn to relieve nervous breakdown and pain in 25-30 seconds.
Our mood influences all the functions of the body. Try to exclude negative emotions from your life. If these emotions are given a course, then they will blow you up. Enjoy not only your own, but also others' successes. Do not focus on the bad. If something happened, then consider the situation, make a decision and do not return to it again.
How to heal laughter
Try to notice the funny in life, often smile. Communicate with cheerful people. Laugh at your own and other people's jokes. Especially useful is laughter to tears. It seems to shake the whole body. Biological processes are accelerated, the muscles of the chest and heart are strengthened.
Find an excuse for joy .Good weather( both sunny and cloudy), beautiful clothes, delicious food, meetings with friends, work, family, books, comedies, travel - all this can become a source of joy.
Communication with nature treats the nervous system. At least once a week you should walk in the woods, in the park, along the river bank.
The movement of helps to strengthen the nervous system. Charge, aerobics, jogging at least 15 minutes a day.
Well restores the power of sleep .The most sleep is useful from 22 to 24 hours.
A person should have some infatuation with , something to make, collect, knit, bake, draw. Works of art, beautiful utensils, handmade products with feelings embedded in them, have a positive effect on the nervous system.
Calms it and communicates with pets .Stroke the cat, play with the dog - and the state of health will become different, different. Animals relieve stress.
I suggest the following :
- At the beginning of flowering, collect and dry the heads of the white-pink clover. Brew and drink like tea.
- Take vodka tincture motherwort for 20-30 drops 3 times a day. Course - 1 month.
- Take vodka tincture peony ( marjin root ) for 20-30 drops 3 times a day. Course - 1 month.
- Calms the of the PassionFlora ( passionflower ).
- Excellent results gives acupressure little fingers and thumbs.
Bella, 61 year . After her husband's death, she began to feel depressed. The doctor prescribed many medications, but Bella was afraid to take them. On the advice of a nurse came out of a serious condition. In the morning and in the evening I drank 60 drops( a dessert spoon) of valerian tincture. Washed to the waist with warm water and wiped off with a soft towel. After 2 weeks I felt better.
Julia, 57 years old . She had a thyroid dysfunction. The nervous system is shaken, mastopathy, hypertension, sick kidneys. In the morning I got up with difficulty, languid.
The treatment consisted of replenishing the thyroid gland with a decoction of walnut partitions, a course of immunostimulating tincture, massage of little fingers and pumping № 1.
After 3 weeks I felt good. She got up easily in the mornings. She had a better sleep, breathing became deeper, she was short of breath. Has ceased to react to weather conditions. The nerves calmed down.
Alexander, 61 year old . Nervous and quick-tempered, he began to feel how his heart was aching. On my advice, I took an alcoholic tincture of the motherwort on 20 drops 2 times a day before meals. A month later the unpleasant sensations passed. Month drank pharmacy tincture of peony - 20 drops 2 times a day before meals. Decreased blood pressure.
Serafima, 69 years old . She had mental problems. The psychiatrist prescribed pills that she feared to take. She was helped by Kue's formula - she became calmer, more confident.
Lydia, 31 year old . Makes a massage of little fingers. Calmed down, became restrained. Husband and child do not irritate, as before. This change was noticed by the husband - quarrels and swearing stopped. The daughter became calmer, does not jump at night and does not cry, as before.
Vika, 34 years old . She had hallucinations since childhood.
Diagnosis: disorders in the thyroid and pancreatic glands, liver, heart, kidneys, nervous system, osteochondrosis. Strong evil eye in the thyroid gland.
Treatment: massage little fingers, a decoction for the thyroid and tincture for the pancreas. Energy feeding of the heart - pumping № 1. Bioenergetic heating of the kidneys and liver.
Getting rid of the evil eye - she began to apologize to the person who had jinxed her, and felt something come out of her thyroid gland.
Result. After 1.5 months of hallucinations stopped.
- Tartak AM The big gold book is health without medicines.- Moscow: Dilya, 2007, 624 p.