The appearance of high temperature without symptoms in an adult always has in its foundation certain causes, which we will consider today. Elevated temperature is always a source of fatigue, pain and anxiety. What to do next? To what doctor to address? How to quickly and safely put yourself on your feet in no time?
At once I will warn you that no one except the doctor will be able to pinpoint the cause of the trouble in your body. It is a fact. To address it is necessary to the doctor-therapist, who of course will appoint you some tests and medical examination, and also insure if that. All that you will read further - for reference purposes, self-medication is very undesirable. Although there are situations when you need at least tentatively to learn how to proceed.
What is the normal temperature?
The optimum temperature index of normally occurring processes inside the human body is 36.6 degrees. However, there are periods when the temperature is elevated without objective reasons.
On the one hand, when for some people this indicator is the norm, but there are individuals who have a temperature of 36, and there are those who have a normal heat content of 37.4 degrees. On the other hand, if a person normally has a normal temperature of 36.6 ° C, a high fever without symptoms in the adult means any disturbance.
The raised temperature, why arises?
In all other situations, a rise in body temperature above normal indicates that the body is trying to fight something. In most cases, these are foreign agents in the body - bacteria, viruses, protozoa or the consequence of physical effects on the body (burn, frostbite, foreign body).
At an elevated temperature, the existence of infectious and toxic agents in the body becomes difficult, most infections die at a temperature of about 38 degrees.
All fevers can be divided into three groups:
- Subfebrile, in which the temperature rises from 37 to 38 degrees;
- Febrile - the temperature rises from 38 to 39 degrees;
- Hectic - increasing the temperature from 40 degrees and above.
But any organism, like the mechanism, is not perfect and can fail. In the case of temperature, we can observe this when the body, due to the individual characteristics of the immune system, reacts too strongly to various infections, and the temperature rises too high, for most people it is 38.5.
High fever in adults without symptoms and its causes
A fever or fever is observed in almost all acute infectious diseases, as well as during the exacerbation of certain chronic diseases. And in the absence of catarrhal symptoms, doctors can determine the cause of high body temperature indices by isolating the pathogen either directly from the local focus of the infection or from the blood.
It is much more difficult to determine the cause of the temperature without signs of a cold, if the disease has arisen due to exposure to the organism of opportunistic microbes (bacteria, fungi, mycoplasma) - against the background of a decrease in general or local immunity. Then it is necessary to conduct a detailed laboratory study of not only blood, but also urine, bile, sputum and mucus.
The causes of temperature without symptoms can be associated with diseases:
- Endocrine diseases - thyrotoxicosis.
- Systemic inflammation: Crohn's disease, rheumatism, polyarthritis, nodular periarthritis.
- Oncological diseases: tumors of the stomach, liver, kidneys, bronchi or lungs, lymphoma, leukemia.
- Diseases of fungal, parasitic or viral etiology: syphilis, toxoplasmosis, candidiasis, malaria.
- Infectious diseases: HIV infection, Lyme disease, recurrent and typhus, tuberculosis.
- Inflammatory diseases of bacterial origin: sepsis, inflammation of the uterine appendages, prostatitis, meningitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, pneumonia, endocarditis.
In all situations, an increase in temperature without signs of cold indicates that the body is trying to fight something. For example, the so-called subfebrile fever, often accompanies anemia - a low level of hemoglobin in the blood.
Shoot down the temperature is it necessary?
It is generally believed that an increase in temperature is a favorable factor, indicating the confrontation of the body with destructive effects. When the thermometer is up to 38.5 degrees, do not panic.
If its growth is observed, then it is necessary to bring down the temperature using antipyretic drugs - Paracetamol, Aspirin. Similarly, it is possible to use NSAIDs - Ibuprofen, Nurofen. For children, Nurofen, in the form of a sweet syrup, is best for children, but Aspirin can not be given to a child.
At 42 degrees there are irreversible changes in the cerebral cortex and possibly the onset of a lethal outcome. But this happens rarely.
Temperature 37 without symptoms: causes
Runny nose, fever, sore throat are all common symptoms of a common cold. But what to do if the temperature is 37 without symptoms? For whatever reasons this arises and how to deal with it, let's figure it out.
Causes of fever without visible symptoms:
- The onset of pregnancy in women.
- Weakened immunity.
- The presence of any sluggish infection in the body.
- Pre-catarrhal condition.
- Depletion of human energy reserves.
- General fatigue, depressive or post-stress condition.
- Venereal diseases (syphilis, AIDS).
Basically, the temperature of 37 without symptoms in an adult is due to the fact that there is some reason that caused such a condition, but she did not completely overcome the defensive powers of man.
Temperature 38 without symptoms: causes
A temperature of 38 without symptoms can occur frequently enough. And not always the reasons for this temperature are the same. This temperature can signal that lacunar or follicular angina begins (in catarrhal angina, the temperature rises slightly).
If the temperature above 38 degrees without symptoms lasts 3 or more days, this can be a manifestation:
- Inflammation of the kidneys (with a strong stitching pain in the lower back);
- Vegetosovascular dystonia accompanied by irregular blood pressure;
The most unpleasant syndrome is the persistence of fever for several weeks and even months. This is most likely:
- Sign of development in the body of a tumor;
- Serious endocrine disorders;
- Diffuse changes in the liver or lungs.
The only thing that unites all these cases is that in any case, the increase in temperature is due to the resistance of the body, which means that the immune system is fighting.
Temperature 39 without symptoms: causes
If the temperature of 39 without symptoms in an adult does not appear the first time, then this is a clear sign of a pathological decrease in immunity and the development of a chronic inflammatory process. The phenomenon may be accompanied by loss of consciousness, febrile convulsions, shortness of breath or further increase. In this case, you must always go to a medical institution.
A high body temperature of 39-39.5 degrees without obvious symptoms may be a signal about the following diseases:
- The presence of a tumor process;
- Development of catarrhal angina;
- Manifestation of an allergic reaction;
- Chronic pyelonephritis;
- Manifestation of hypothalamic syndrome;
- The presence of viral endocarditis;
- The appearance of meningococcal infection.
Elucidation of the causes of fever to 39 in adults is a difficult task even for experienced specialists, since to establish the cause, it is necessary to isolate the pathogen from the blood or foci of infection.
What to do at home?
First of all, go to the reception to your therapist or call him at home, if very bad. Often we simply can not notice any symptoms, and the doctor will easily identify them and can diagnose the disease. It is also necessary to pass tests, they will help to identify many diseases that do not manifest themselves externally. Sometimes a doctor can prescribe a sputum culture, urine or blood, an x-ray or ultrasound.
It is not recommended to abuse febrifugal. Removing the symptom, you can delay the examination for a long time and start the disease, which, of course, causes harm to health.
If the temperature is very high, it is worthwhile to call an ambulance team, so that the doctors render emergency help and decide the question of hospitalization. In any case, the heat is a "cry" of the body for help, and it should be noted.
Heat: First Aid
The first help at a high temperature of the house is as follows:
- give antipyretics (preparations based on paracetamol in the form of tablets, suppositories, syrups, analgin, aspirin);
- remove clothing from the patient and wipe his body with a towel soaked in warm water or a water-vodka-vinegar solution (50 ml of 9% table vinegar, 50 ml of vodka and 50 ml of water are necessary for the preparation of water-vodka-acetic solution);
- wrap the patient in a sheet moistened with warm water;
- help the patient take a warm shower;
- give the patient a copious drink (compote, mors, water).
When should I see a doctor?
It is necessary to consult a doctor in the following cases:
- the temperature in an adult is above 39.4 degrees;
- the fever lasts more than 3 days;
- the temperature does not decrease when taking antipyretics.
And also when high fever is combined with one of the following symptoms:
- swelling of the larynx
- Strong headache
- rash on the skin
- stiffness of the neck muscles, as well as pain when the head is tilted forward
- multiple vomiting
- chest pains
- difficulty breathing
- stomach ache
- pain during urination and others
What can not be done at high temperature
At high temperatures it is impossible:
- uncontrolled use of antipyretics;
- to bring down the temperature below 38 degrees;
- to give aspirin to children under 12;
- take a hot shower;
- wrap in warm clothes.
And remember that before using drugs, you need to read the instructions for their use.