- Rotavirus infection
- Food poisoning
- Other causes
- Syndrome appearance in the child
- Sometimes the head and stomach begin to hurt at the same time. The reasons can be quite harmless, for example, banal fatigue. But if the condition is accompanied by an increase in body temperature, a disorder of the stool and other symptoms, then it is necessary to get a doctor's consultation.
Causes of a condition in which the head and stomach hurts may be:
- rotavirus infection;
- food poisoning;
- , toxicological infection;
Most often, discomfort in the abdomen appears against the background of the already existing headache. But in the case of rotavirus infections, a person develops gastrointestinal symptoms first, and then headaches appear. The disease is diagnosed in the adult group of patients, and in childhood, including infants of the first year of life.
The source of infection is food. After the virus enters the body and attacks the human gastrointestinal tract( GIT), it is excreted naturally along with the calves. Typical signs of the disease are:
- general malaise and weakness;
- tenderness in the abdomen;
- fever over 38 degrees;
- nausea and vomiting.
There are also external symptoms of rotavirus infection: reddening of the sclera of the eyes, inflammation of the mucous membranes of the throat and throat. The duration of the incubation( latent) period can reach 5 days. Recovery occurs about 4-7 days after the onset of primary symptoms.
Headache and abdominal pain can be a sign of food poisoning. Sometimes this symptomatology accompanies drug overdose. Most often the cause of food poisoning are meat, preservation, dairy products, mayonnaise.
Health problems arise from the consumption of overdue foods and those that were stored without compliance. In this case, they contain a large number of toxic substances and pathogens. In most cases, infection with a stick of Salmonella.
Signs of food poisoning become:
- sharp cramping pain in the digestive tract - the stomach twists violently, diarrhea develops;
- headaches - join somewhat later( as the condition worsens as a result of increased total intoxication);
- general weakness, faintness, flickering flies before the eyes;
- attacks of nausea and vomiting;
- increased body temperature to significant levels;
- strong thirst, as the body intensively loses moisture.
First aid is to rinse the stomach and then take adsorption drugs. To exclude dehydration, it is necessary to drink as much water as possible and special preparations-rehydrates - Hydrovit, Regidron - restoring lost electrolytes. Recommended compliance with the principles of dietary nutrition.
Food poisoning can be accompanied by severe intestinal and headaches. If there is no result and the general condition worsens, the patient needs hospitalization.
The cause of why the head, stomach and at the same time the person is sick, the bacterial toxins can act. Exciters are able to act: Staphylococcus aureus, bacteria of Bacillus cereus, clostridia, bacteria of botulism.
After penetration of the pathogen into the human body, a certain pathological symptomatology is formed.Abdominal pain and vomiting
This is a pain in the abdomen and the epigastric region, nausea, resulting in severe vomiting, a drop in blood pressure indicators - the patient becomes dizzy, limbs become colder, darkens in the eyes.
For staphylococcal toxic infection, in spite of severe symptoms, fast recovery is typical. Stabilization of the condition occurs approximately 3 days from the appearance of the first symptoms of the disease. But weakness and dizziness can persist for another two or three days.
Clostridium poisoning is much more severe. The onset of the pathology is accompanied by bloating and severe abdominal pain localized in the projection of the small intestine - the peri-ocular region. Later, another symptomatology is added: darkening before the eyes, nausea, indomitable vomiting, severe diarrhea( up to 20 times a day).All this is the cause of dehydration.
You can get infection with botulism bacteria if you eat low-quality products. Most often it is meat, fish and home preserves from mushrooms and vegetables. Symptoms of infection with botulinum toxins are:
- severe abdominal pain;
- indomitable relief from vomiting;
- multiple diarrhea.
In the absence of treatment, muscle weakness, age sagging and respiratory tract paralysis join them, which leads to the death of a person. The first medical aid consists in washing the stomach, taking sorbents and rehydrates.
Gastritis is an inflammation of the gastric mucosa that occurs in an acute and chronic form. Pathology is accompanied by pain that occurs after eating.
For gastritis, the development of pain syndrome is typical after some time after eating
Signs that a person has a sick stomach become:
- periodic nausea - sometimes a person feels sick constantly;
- pain in the epigastric region - in some cases, it is soreness felt in the lower abdomen, in its left quadrant, which is caused by a strong stretching of the stomach;
- enhanced saliva production;
- dyspeptic symptoms - heartburn, belching, unpleasant aftertaste.
Inflammation of the appendix( appendix of the caecum) in the bulk of all diagnosed cases involves surgical treatment - the inflamed appendage of the gut is excised. Symptoms of appendicitis include: abdominal tenderness on the right side, diarrhea( sometimes constipation), fever( the indices depend on the current stage of appendicitis).
There is nausea and vomiting, soreness in the projection area of the inflamed appendix. In acute complicated appendicitis, the patient has a sharp increase in pathological symptoms and worsening of the general condition. If the pain does not stop longer than 6 hours, the patient needs to be hospitalized.
Pain in this pathology is described as a bursting, pulling, initially spreading to the entire abdomen and gradually shifting to the lower right quadrant. It becomes permanent and intensifies when a person lies down on his left side.
In rare cases, the area of soreness with appendicitis is not at all typical: a man has a waist that hurts / hurts. It is conditioned by an anatomically atypical location of the appendix - it is directed posteriorly, toward the kidneys and spine, and not toward the anterior abdominal wall.
Other causes of
Other causes of simultaneous abdominal pain and headaches may be other pathological conditions. These include:
- Craniocerebral trauma .In most cases, they are accompanied by concussion. This condition is characterized by headaches, as well as nausea and attacks of vomiting.
- Meningitis ( inflammation of the membranes of the brain).The disease is characterized by severe headaches and abdominal discomfort. In parallel, the patient has high fever and attacks of vomiting. A typical symptom of meningitis is the inability to lower the head downward due to too much tension in the muscles of the neck.
- Oncopathology .Malignant neoplasms can cause both headaches and discomfort in the digestive tract. It is not excluded bloating and an increase in body temperature.
- Hypertension .People with pathologically elevated blood pressure may suffer from abdominal pain, headaches, nausea and darkening in the eyes.
The emergence of a syndrome in a child
The combination of abdominal pain and headache in a child is a symptom requiring medical advice. Especially in the event that the condition is complicated by an increase in body temperature, nausea and vomiting. In most cases, the cause of such symptoms is food poisoning or rotavirus infection( intestinal flu).
Food poisoning in a child can be accompanied by gastric and headaches
Rotavirus in the body of the baby gets with food. The disease is accompanied by the development of the following symptoms:
Duration of the disease - up to two weeks.
- attacks of vomiting;
- general weakness;
- redness of the eye sclera;
- inflammation of the laryngeal mucosa;
- increase in body temperature to 39 degrees;
- loose stool.
The cause of food poisoning are substandard products. It is possible to suspect the development of a toxic infection in the child by the following signs: severe abdominal pain, headache, drowsiness and general weakness, fever. There is a nausea, resulting in vomiting, loose stools, chills, a sharp drop in blood pressure, dizziness, cold sweat.
In addition to the reasons considered, unpleasant symptoms can be caused by the following pathologies:
- Craniocerebral trauma.
- CNS diseases - can be accompanied by tearfulness, capriciousness, poor sleep, refusal to eat.
- Tumors of the brain - regular headaches, nausea are typical for the disease.
- Meningitis. The disease is characterized by a severe pain syndrome, an increase in body temperature to critical levels, nausea and vomiting.
- Encephalitis. The disease is accompanied by pain in the head and abdomen, seizures, the development of epileptic seizures, nausea and vomiting.
- A sharp increase in blood pressure. In this case, the child complains of pain in the occipital part, weakness. Nausea, vomiting and pain in the intestine are not excluded.
- Cefalgia. The condition has the following symptoms: pain in the temporal region in combination with abdominal pain, swelling of the eyelids, fear of bright light, nausea, vomiting, severe sweating.
- Increased intracranial pressure. The head in this case hurts periodically, but the pain intensifies in the evening. The child is sick. Under his eyes, bags are formed. The baby becomes sleepy.
The combination of symptoms - headache and tenderness in the abdomen - may indicate the development of a serious disease. When developing this condition, burdened by additional signs, you need to get medical advice and help.