Unfortunately, the modern world does not differ in crystal clearness: unauthorized entrances, untidy, neglected people, unfavorable ecological conditions are commonplace. Actually, these and many other negative factors can cause the appearance of parasites, namely lice. This article is intended for those people who want to learn what nits look like, what methods of getting rid of them exist.
- What are nits
- How to identify nits and lice
- Alive or dead: how to understand
- What are the kinds of nits?
- Passed from the patient to a healthy person
- How can I get rid of nits
The use of chinese water from lice and nits How to quickly get rid of nits on long hair at home Shampoo for adults and children from lice and nits Types of lice and photos as they look Linen lice in the house - how to get rid of them
What are nits
The disease is called "pediculosis" and involves the presence of lice on the hair of a person. Such parasites not only suck blood, but also cause a lot of trouble: the hair is untidy, the person is tormented by constant incessant itching, etc.
It is not difficult to get rid of adult lice moving between the hair, however, removing nits is much more difficult. What is a nit? First of all, it is a cocoon attached to the hair by the secret of the parent (louse) and able to quickly congeal in the air. Inside the cocoon is an egg from which a young louse (nymph) develops. After the louse reaches the necessary stage of development, its hatching takes place.
The structure of the cocoon is very strong. He is not afraid of the negative impact of moisture and special means aimed at combating pediculosis.
Important! Eggs of nits are mostly located near the hair root at two to three centimeters from the ground! The favorite places of lice are the whiskey and the back of the head, so during the inspection these areas should be given special attention.
With the naked eye it is quite difficult to see what structure the cocoon has. However, studying it under a microscope, it is evident that the shape is slightly oblong, at the end of it there is a lid, which the larva of the louse pushes out during hatching.
The surface is completely covered with a secret - a special allocation of the parent-female, which ensures a secure gluing to the hair and protection.
Important! Larvae are almost colorless, so they are difficult to recognize on light or white hair! With a massive infection, when the unhatched nits coexist with the already empty cocoons, the hair looks like dusted with dandruff.
How to identify nits and lice
To understand what is on the head of a person, dandruff or parasites, it is worth the following manipulations:
- First, we need to determine what color a cocoon is: each nit is a whitish, cloudish shade and one size. Dandruff is different in that the scales have slightly different shade.
- Secondly, it is worth trying to remove the scaly. If it turned out, then dandruff is on the skin, as the living nits are very tight. To remove the cocoon it is necessary to stretch it along the entire length of the hair from the root to the end.
- Third, carefully check the head for the presence of lice.
Important! To understand the stage of direct development of the larva, it is necessary to squeeze the cocoon with tweezers or nails! The uncombined individual produces a characteristic click.
Alive or dead: how to understand
As practice shows, not everyone knows how to determine: dead or live nits in the hair. The main reason for ignorance is that the new born parasite leaves after birth, but its former "house" does not disappear anywhere, it remains in place.
The reproduction of new lice begins, which lay their own eggs, and the old cocoons remain untouched. Actually, the abundance of such "houses" and confuses people.
Important! It often happens that even repeated hair treatments with the help of special tools do not allow you to completely get rid of eggs! The structure of the glue is very dense, so the dead nits remain on the hair.
Faced with pediculosis, people should know that dead individuals are black, empty and dry, and living on the contrary - round and translucent.
What are the kinds of nits?
There are three types of nits:
- Head - are the most common. They can be found only on the scalp. The ideal food for them is human blood. The females attach the larvae to the hair with the aid of a secret secretion.
- The lads are the larvae of the louse. There are adults on clothes and clothes. They feed on human blood. Appearance and dimensions are identical to the first option. Females attach the "cubs" to the fibers of the clothing fabric.
- The pubic lice are larvae of pubic lice. Dimensions are small - only 0.6 mm. It looks nit otherwise, but the difference will be noticed only by a specialist. Appear on the hairs of the genital organs. In rare cases, can be on the eyebrows and eyelashes.
Passed from the patient to a healthy person
Where do nits come from, already figured out, now we need to understand whether they can be transmitted? If a healthy little child or an adult communicates with an infected person, it is likely that a healthy child will become infected from the patient.
However, unlike, for example, from fleas, lice move slowly enough. As for nits, they can not be transferred, because they stay in one place all the time.
How can I get rid of nits
If the parasites appeared on the head recently and did not have time to lay eggs, then special insecticidal toxic preparations will help to eliminate unwanted "guests". However, if the cocoons on the hair are already there, then getting rid of them is more difficult. The structure of the egg is quite dense, the active components of the drug do not enter the digestive tract of the "embryo".
As a result, there are nits without lice, but until they hatch. With massive infection with lice, even applying a special comb for combing it is impossible to solve the problem. The only and more effective treatment option are drugs that have an ovicide effect.
Despite the vile and unpleasant appearance of these parasites, you can cope with them. But it is better to minimize the possibility of their appearance, because the main enemy of any parasite is purity. Therefore, it is important to comply with the rules of personal hygiene, not allow the sharing of clothes, hats, care items, etc., to carry out systematic general cleaning indoors and try not to communicate with people living in unsanitary conditions. Also, if a person is often in public places, it is important to periodically check the head for the presence of lice and nits.