1The knee is swollen and hurts when bending: treatment of swollen knees
- 1.1Why there is swelling of the knee
- 1.2Treatment of pain and swelling in the knee
- 1.3Risk factors that lead to knee injuries
- 1.4Treatment with folk remedies
- 1.5Preventive actions
2What to do if the knee is swollen and aching, causes, effective treatment
- 2.1Causes and treatment of pain in the knee joint
- 2.6Bruises and trauma
- 2.7Folk remedies
3The knee is swollen and it hurts when bending the treatment with folk remedies
- 3.1Causes of pain and swelling of the knee
- 3.2How to get rid of pain
- 3.3Risk group
- 3.4Help ointments
- 3.5Folk remedies for pain and swelling in the knee
- 3.6And more recipes
- 3.7Prevention of pain in the knee
4What to do if the knee is swollen and sore
- 4.2Pre-hospital care and diagnostics
- 4.3Types of treatment
- 4.4Rheumatoid arthritis
- 4.6Injuries to the knee
5Swelling of the knee joint treatment
- 5.5Septic arthritis
- 5.6Symptoms of bursitis
- 5.7How to treat posttraumatic arthritis
- 5.8Diagnosis of a tumor
- 5.101. First aid
- 5.112. Medication Therapy
- 5.12Methods of treatment:
- 5.13Edema of the knee joint: methods of treatment with folk remedies
- 5.14Than to remove an edema of a knee joint:
The knee is swollen and hurts when bending: treatment of swollen knees
There are many reasons, because of which, the knee is swollen and aching. There is a question, how to remove unpleasant sensations? Edema of the knee joint is a serious reason to think about your health.
Why there is swelling of the knee? The answer is simple: there is a pathology of the musculoskeletal system:
The knee joint on all sides covers the joint bag, in which there is liquid. The bag has an outer and inner shell.
On the outer shells are bags of mucus. All the mobile areas of the skeleton are constantly rubbing against each other. Sacks with mucus help to remove friction, facilitate motor processes. The mucous bag is a shock absorber that has a liquid.
Swelling of the knee joint may be different, as are its causes.
Why there is swelling of the knee
Edema of the knee appears due to such problems:
- inflammation in tendons - tendonitis. Tendons are thick fibers of connective tissue. With the help of such fibers, the muscles are attached to the bones,
- trauma of ligaments. In the region of the knee, sharp pain and severe swelling may occur due to rupture or sprain,
- a knee injury, usually accompanied by pain, swelling or redness during movement,
- when osteoporosis is always recorded swelling of the knee and pain of varying intensity when bending,
- for the displacement of the knee cap is characterized by edema and discomfort when bending,
- septic arthritis is expressed in severe pain, redness and fever,
- Rheumatoid arthritis is the cause of a constantly swollen knee and aching pain,
- inflammation of the joint bag or bursitis. This disease is characterized by pronounced edema and severe pain when bending a sore leg in the knee,
- gout. If the cause of puffiness is precisely this disease, that is, swelling of the knee and pain.
Treatment of pain and swelling in the knee
If the knee is damaged, then self-treatment involves the following actions:
- The patient's joint is provided with rest,
- to place the edema of ice or cold compress for 20 minutes,
- effectively remove the pain and swelling of the knee can be an alcoholic tincture of horse chestnut, which is prepared by taking 50 g of dried flowers per 500 ml of vodka. The liquid is infused in a glass container, two weeks in a dark place,
- you can periodically make a grid of iodine.
Often knee injuries affect athletes and those who constantly lead an active lifestyle. In the joint there are unpleasant sensations, often the athlete misses training, which does not contribute to sports success.
One of the key rules of knee injury - you can not stop moving. Even when the knee is treated with surgical means, it is necessary to engage in active rehabilitation of the damaged joint.
After the disease, it is necessary to begin the recovery process. First of all, you need to do simple physical exercises with a minimum load.
The initial task is to return the injured muscles and ligaments as soon as possible to a normal state. When the muscles work, the mobility of the joint returns faster and the person can move more actively.
In the process of examining the knee joint, the doctor may prescribe:
If the doctor suspects the presence of an infection, the patient must pass a blood test.
Risk factors that lead to knee injuries
Nobody can protect themselves from getting a knee injury. But there is a certain category of people who have reasons to be at risk:
- people who are obese. In people with excess weight, most often there are pain in the region of the knees, since it is on the legs that almost all the weight of the body,
- people who constantly perform strenuous physical activities,
- women after the age of 40,
- people who lead a sedentary lifestyle. This category of people has a serious shortage of muscle flexibility,
- people, with some features of anatomy, for example, having flat feet.
If a person has at least one of the risk factors, then it is necessary to take himself for an unalterable rule never to give his own knees an excessive load.
People who are overweight should completely revise their eating behavior. It is extremely important to adjust the habitual diet and lifestyle in general.
If there was an unexpected trauma to the knee joint area, and pain was added to the pain, then an anesthetic drug should be taken:
In walking you can use a cane. Also, before the visit to the doctor on the affected joint, you can impose a fixative bandage and provide him with a full rest, this will relieve the pain.
Treatment with folk remedies
Treatment of folk remedies involves warm baths of eucalyptus, fir, mint or sabelnik.
When the treatment is performed, you should consult a doctor about the possibility of doing knee trimming with the use of creams "Sophia" or "Troxevasin".
To treat a knee folk remedies is to apply rubbers and compresses. For example, you can take in equal proportions:
- white cabbage,
- flowers of horse chestnut,
- leaves of plantain.
Ingredients are ground to a uniform consistency and applied to the injured knee for 6 hours.
Treatment of folk remedies for a knee tumor can be performed with the help of burdock. The leaves need to be washed and heated. Hot vegetable oil is first applied to the joint, burdock is applied and all this turns into a film. The compress is left for half an hour.
Compress of raw potatoes removes redness and swelling above the knee. It is necessary to twist the potatoes, warm them in a water bath and place them in a folded gauze, so that the liquid can show through.
The compress is placed on the foot below the knee. In the joint should be a "hot" feeling. The procedure can not be performed with bruises and infections.
The key rules of preventive action of knee diseases include a competent distribution of sports and physical activity.
It is necessary to avoid harmful food and semi-finished products. It is important to completely eliminate from your diet sweet fizzy drinks, chips, mayonnaise and energy.
Should be excluded:
- sweet pastries,
- animal fats,
- sharp and salty dishes.
It is necessary to eat every day:
- poultry meat,
- sea fish,
- vegetables and fruits, greens,
- dairy products.
Among other things, you should pay attention to shoes that are worn constantly. In most cases, knee diseases affect women who often wear uncomfortable shoes on their heels.
It makes sense to give up shoes as much as possible and wear versions on a comfortable sole.
And the video in this article is extremely interesting to explain the nature of the appearance of the knee tumor.
A source: http://sustav.info/travmy/bolno/opuhlo-koleno-i-bolit-chto-delat.html
What to do if the knee is swollen and aching, causes, effective treatment
If the knee is swollen and sore, life turns into hell. It is impossible to walk, but even just lying or sitting seems incredibly difficult. What are the causes of pain and how to get rid of them?
Causes and treatment of pain in the knee joint
It is important to know! Doctors are shocked: "An effective and affordable remedy for joint pain exists ..." Read more ...
Swollen, sore and not bend the knee with various diseases. The most common reasons are:
Each of them has its own symptoms, so if the knee is swollen, does not bend and hurts, pay attention to the following points: how the pain manifested itself, its character and duration, after which the knee began to ache - this is due to physical exertion or injury, at which point the tissues around the knee of steel swell.
Treatment of a swollen knee is best entrusted to professionals, and before going to the doctor - to answer the listed questions. This will help the specialist to pinpoint the causes of pain and prescribe appropriate treatment.
During the period of gout exacerbation, the knee strongly swells, redness of the skin is observed.
Treatment of gout with pain in the knee is to normalize the exchange of uric acid in the body. This is achieved by:
- Changes in the diet;
- Increased physical activity;
- Acceptance of drugs.
Immediately at the time of an attack, the pain will be helped by the drug colchicine, which will also shorten the duration of the attack. In between the attacks, it is necessary to take physiotherapy procedures, strictly follow the diet.
The washing away of calcium from bones makes them brittle and less dense. Because of this, all kinds of cracks or fractures occur, the knee joint can swell and ache.
Since the bones are fragile the possibility of recurrent fractures and cracks is very high, so sometimes with osteoporosis, the knees are sore and swollen constantly.
Self-management of pain in the knee in this case is to change the way of life - proper nutrition, getting rid of bad habits and gradually increasing physical activity..
These measures are aimed at improving the condition of bones in the knee joint - increasing their hardness and reducing porosity..
Medical treatment of osteoporosis of the knee joint can only be prescribed by a specialist.
This is a pathological process of inflammation of the tendon of the knee. The knee hurts quite strongly around the lower part of the patella, the edema is clearly pronounced. Characterized by dull pain, at the initial stage after exercise, with the progress of the disease - and during the load, and up to it.
The cause of inflammation can be not only an infection, but also a violation of calcium metabolism, and excessive physical exertion on the legs.
To relieve pain in the knee and reduce edema, it helps in cases of tendinitis with an ice compress. The regime of physical activity must be reviewed.
A specialist for treatment will prescribe a short course of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - indomethacin, orthophene.
Pain in arthritis of the knee joint is characterized by strengthening in the position of incomplete flexion or extension. The knee has a massive swelling in front of the patella.
At the initial stages, when the destruction is minimal, the traditional treatment scheme works well:
- Anesthesia and the removal of inflammation with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Treatment aimed at restoring the joint - physio, massage, exercise therapy, mud therapy, can be supplemented with folk remedies.
In advanced cases of knee arthritis, the only possible and truly effective treatment is the operative replacement of the joint.
For the treatment of pain in the knee joint and the improvement of flexion / extension, the warming ointment from pain in the joints - finalgon, histalgon - helps well.
Bruises and trauma
With a fairly active lifestyle, for example, in athletes, knee injuries - a frequent occurrence. Bruises, dislocations - they hurt knee joints, swollen soft tissue around the affected joint and there are difficulties in bending.
Treatment with bruises is to provide a swollen knee rest, a significant reduction in the load on the joint. To reduce puffiness, you can use absorbent ointments with a hardness. Immediately after the injury, an ice compress is made to remove the edema, and dry heat is shown for the next day.
When the knees ache, especially if they do not bend, you can treat and folk remedies:
- Pieces of pork bacon put a thin layer on the joint, fasten with a downy shawl and leave for half a day;
- Tincture of fly agaric mushrooms (1 measure of mushrooms pour 1 measure of vodka and insist in a dark place for 30 days) rub into a swollen knee 2 times a day;
- You can make compresses of yellow clay;
- To remove the edema, if the knee is swollen, make baths from broths of saber, mint, fir and eucalyptus.
We must not forget that using traditional remedies, one must also carry out therapeutic treatment.They can only supplement the work of medical products, but not replace it.
To fight the deposits of salts in the knee will help a black radish - every day you need to eat 2-3 tablespoons of grated vegetable without salt before eating.
With the same problem cope with baths of baking soda (1 tablespoon per liter of water can), after which is good to lubricate a stiff knee with olive or sunflower oil or an oil solution of vitamin A.
The physical load on the aching leg, at the moment when the knees hurt, should be carefully monitored and increased only if there have been some positive shifts in the treatment.
Naturally, it is necessary to revise the diet, adjust the diet in the direction of increasing consumption of fruits and vegetables, and reduce weight.
A source: http://sustavlive.ru/boli/koleno/bolit-i-opuhlo-chto-delat.html
The knee is swollen and it hurts when bending the treatment with folk remedies
If the knee is swollen and aching when bending, treatment with folk remedies will ease the condition.
But before you start taking these or those procedures, you should decide: what caused the pain.
With such symptoms, the matter may be in the pathology of the musculoskeletal system. The knee can hurt due to osteoporosis, trauma, bursitis, gout.
Causes of pain and swelling of the knee
The knee joint connects the femur, the tibia and the patella. It is covered with an articular bag, which is lined with a connective tissue, filled with a thick elastic mass - synovial fluid.
This cavity has 2 layers - outer and inner. In the outer there are bags with mucus, which remove friction against each other moving parts of the skeleton, that is, they act as a shock absorber with a liquid.
In a healthy state, the amount of articular fluid is sufficient for normal nutrition and lubrication of the joint elements..
With various pathologies of the fluid, too much or not enough can be produced, which causes pain of varying intensity..
It happens that the knee is swollen so much that the size of the tumor becomes much larger than the knee.
The following causes can cause knee edema:
- Inflammation of the tendon (thick fibers of the connective tissue) or tendonitis, which occurs usually in places where the tendon is attached to the bone.
- Rupture or sprain of ligaments, when ligaments are injured and severe pain arises in the knee. Then this area swells.
- After a bruise, the pain increases with flexion.
- The knee can swell and respond with pain if the diagnosis is osteoporosis.
- When the kneecap is displaced.
- With septic arthritis, there are sharp pains that accompany the redness of the skin, and fever.
- Constantly swollen knee hurts with rheumatoid arthritis.
- It will be difficult to bend the knee if the mucous bag (bursitis) is inflamed.
- The same symptoms with gout - metabolic disease, when the body accumulates uric acid and its salts.
How to get rid of pain
To choose a method of treatment, you can be assigned:
- CT scan;
- magnetic resonance imaging of the knee;
- blood test (if suspected of being infected).
In some cases, the doctor will appoint a joint puncture.
Sometimes pain in the knee joint can occur unexpectedly. What to do then? In this case, you need to have medicines in the medicine cabinet.
Do not do without aspirin, ibuprofen or paracetamol. Probably, it is necessary to lean on a cane.
Before you go to see a doctor, you should put a bandage on.
If you are concerned about a knee that has swelled, you should remember the following:
- The joint should be at rest.
- It is necessary to apply ice or a cold compress, which is applied for 20 minutes.
- To get rid of sharp pain will help rubbing the knee with alcohol tincture of horse chestnut. To do this, take 50 g of plant flowers and pour 500 ml of alcohol. Such a medicine should be insisted in a glass bottle for 2 weeks, placing the dishes in a dark place.
- A mesh of iodine is recommended.
No one can be insured against a knee injury, but there is a category of people who are more prone to this ailment. The risk group includes:
- people who are overweight;
- athletes who are engaged in intense rhythm;
- representatives of the weaker sex over 40;
- those who lead a sedentary lifestyle with a deficiency in muscle activity;
- having features in anatomy, for example, if a person suffers from flat feet.
In the presence of one of these factors, it is necessary to constantly pay attention to the knees, not to give them an excessive load.
Adherents of an active lifestyle and athletes often face such a problem as a knee injury. Injury does not allow continuing training. But at the same time it will be erroneous to stop any activities.
And even after surgical treatment it is important to carry out joint rehabilitation on the recommendation of the treating doctor.
After the treatment, it will be useful to engage in feasible physical exercises that are part of the recovery process.
To the knees were mobile, you need to monitor your weight, lead a healthy lifestyle, eliminating harmful foods that contribute to obesity.
With pain in the knee, you can refer to special ointments that relieve pain. If a little ointment is rubbed into the diseased knee, then inflammation will also go away. Such means include:
- Diclofenac (removes inflammatory reactions);
- Heparin ointment (promotes resorption of bruises and bruises);
- Dolgit (anesthetic ointment).
Usually ointments should be applied 3 times a day. The course of treatment will appoint a doctor.
These drugs are divided into the following categories, depending on the properties:
- Warming ointments that can not be used immediately after the injury, but use them as preventive care before the load (for example, before training) or during rehabilitation period.
- Eliminate pain and inflammation of the anti-inflammatory ointment.
- Emergency help immediately after injury can be provided by cooling ointments.
The doctor can recommend a drug based on the bee's poison, which has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, absorbable and antiseptic effect, well enhances blood flow and cellular immunity, thereby activating its own defenses organism. Before using such an ointment, you should familiarize yourself with contraindications, for example, it can not be given to women in pregnancy, lactation and small children, since the drug can cause allergic reactions.
Treatment with ointments can be accompanied by physiotherapeutic procedures that will help improve blood supply to the joint, accelerate recovery.
Medical preparations must be prescribed by a doctor, self-medication can harm the body.
Folk remedies for pain and swelling in the knee
Traditional medicine has accumulated enough recipes with natural ingredients. These methods can be treated in parallel with medical means. But you should consult them only after consulting a doctor.
Most folk remedies include compresses and rubbings:
- White cabbage, horse chestnut (flowers), plantain (leaves) are taken in equal proportions. Components are crushed to a mushy state and superimposed on a sore spot. Keep this bandage better throughout the night.
- Burdock leaves should be rinsed well. Lubricate the joint with hot vegetable oil and then apply warmed leaves to it. Wrap the bandage with polyethylene. Keep this compress for at least 30 minutes.
- Grate the raw potatoes on a grater, then heat this gruel in a water bath and place it in gauze. Apply this gauze to the area below the knee to remove swelling and redness. But if there is a place for a bruise or infection, then such a compress should not be done.
- Apply a bandage or gauze, soaked in lemon juice, also below the knee joint, but if the compress causes unpleasant sensations, it is better to wash it off immediately.
- Large salt is heated in a frying pan. Then poured into a clean pouch or tissue, applied to the joint. To avoid burns, you can wrap the knee with a towel before the procedure. After warming, the salt will leave the pain.
Relieve the condition of the tray with the use of herbs. The beneficial properties of eucalyptus, mint, fir, sabelnik.
And more recipes
- It is necessary to prepare a medical solution from salt in a proportion of 1 impregnate a bandage and apply it to a sick joint. Tightly bandage. Before the compress, the sore spot can be rubbed with salt to have a greater effect.
- On, kg of sea salt take 1 liter of water.
In this solution, moisten the sheet, wrap it with sore spots. Then you need to rub the joints with a salt cloth, a feeling of warmth should appear. After the procedure, the knee should be rinsed and rubbed with a hard towel.
- The egg is broken into glass utensils, combined with the crushed shell. Top with the vinegar essence to cover the egg by 1-2 cm, then the jar should stand in a dark place. After 5 days, add 200 ml of vegetable oil to the solution.
The medicine is infused 4 days in the sun in the heat. The finished drug is rubbed into a sore spot, bandaged and wrapped in a warm blanket. It is better to apply before bedtime. Immediately you can feel relief from the treatment.
The remedy should be cleaned in the refrigerator, before repeating the procedure, the ointment is mixed.
- You can warm up the sick joint like this: spread honey on the inflamed area, top the paper, then mustard plasters. Wrap the film and wrap it with something warm.
Compress to do at night.
- With aching pains, they make soda baths in the evenings. Soda dissolve in water (1 liter should take 1 tbsp. l. soda). Leg knee-deep in the solution and holds there for 15 minutes. Help and soda lotions.
Soda removes excess salt from the body. After the bath, the joint should be lubricated with oil or cream.
- They are treated with the skin of a black radish, which is applied to a sore spot. The first day - the skin is applied for 5 minutes, and then each time add 1 min.
Bring up to 20 minutes, then break for 10 days, after which the course is repeated.
All folk remedies are effective, but before using them one should consult an expert.
Prevention of pain in the knee
When ailments, when there is pain in the knee and it is difficult to bend, the treatment should be comprehensive. But to avoid these problems, one should not neglect the rules of nutrition.
It is necessary to enrich the body with useful products. Daily on the table should be dishes of poultry meat, sea fish, seafood, vegetables, fruits, herbs, sour-milk products.
Of great importance is in what shoes to walk daily. Usually women wear shoes with heels, ignoring the rules: for permanent wearing it is better to choose comfortable shoes with a small heel and a non-slippery sole.
Tight shoes also contributes to the violation of blood circulation, muscle strain, the development of venous diseases..
The consequences of this attitude to the legs will not manifest immediately, but after a while can affect the pain in the legs and in the spine..
With timely therapy and competent treatment, you can completely cure the damaged joint, getting rid of pain and swelling. Attempts to solve the problem on your own can lead to the fact that the disease will go into chronic form or an operation for prosthetic knee replacement will be required.
please select a piece of text and press Ctrl + Enter.
A source: https://OtekHelp.ru/nogi/koleno-opuhlo.html
What to do if the knee is swollen and sore
Most diseases and knee joint injuries are characterized by inflammation and swelling, the companion of which is pain. It is impossible to bend and unbend the leg, even sitting and lying incredibly difficult. If the knee is swollen and hurts when bending, there may be many reasons for this.
Every day the knees experience significant loads, withstanding hundreds of kilograms.
Yes, it is hundreds, because the weight of a person when walking, running or climbing the ladder increases many times.
The most hardy are the hip and knee joints - they get the most, as the load on these joints can reach up to a ton.
However, the strength of the joints still exists - various injuries and diseases can lead to cartilage damage.
And in view of the fact that almost every joint has nerve endings, pain syndrome arises. The intensity and nature of pain depends on the type of disease.
When the knee is swollen and aching when bending, the treatment is prescribed only by the doctor after the diagnosis.
The causes of pain and swelling of the knee can be:
- rupture or stretching of the knee ligaments. If the anterior cruciate ligament is damaged, severe pain occurs, in which it is impossible to make even a step with the foot;
- Inflammation of tendons - tendinitis. It is manifested by sudden pain, redness and swelling. The leg is painfully bent and unbent;
- inflammation of the joint bag - bursitis;
- displacement of the patella;
- arthritis - rheumatoid, gouty, septic;
- injury from bruises.
Pre-hospital care and diagnostics
With severe discomfort and pain, you can take a number of measures that will ease the condition before visiting a doctor. First of all, it is necessary to provide the patient with a leg rest.
Do not walk, do not stand, but take such a position, which will be most comfortable. Ice is the first remedy for bruises, its use is very effective in case of swelling and inflammation.
It is not necessary to use pure ice, any frozen product in a freezer bag will do.
It is not recommended to apply a fixative bandage until the cause of soreness is clarified, as in some cases it can do harm.
To relieve acute pain, you can drink Nurofen or Baralgina tablet, compress from Analgin's solution in alcohol.
To make it, you need to mix medical and camphor alcohol, add iodine and 10 tablets of Analgin.
Number of ingredients:
- Analgin - 10 tablets,
- camphor alcohol - 10 grams,
- medical alcohol - 300 g;
- iodine - 10 ml.
Tablets must be crushed in a mortar and poured into a glass container. Then pour the remaining ingredients and mix. That the mixture does not lose its properties, it is stored in a dark place.
Ice packs and ice packs will temporarily ease the pain
If there is no alcohol, the usual triple cologne and valerian will do:
- analgin - 6 tablets;
- cologne - 150-200 g;
- iodine 40 ml;
- tincture of valerian - 30 ml.
There is another recipe for which a little more components are needed:
- Analgin - 40 tablets;
- camphor alcohol - 40 ml;
- medical alcohol - 200 ml;
- iodine 40 ml;
- golden mustache - 20 knots, or joints;
- menovazine - 40 ml;
- sabelnik - 100 g of dry mixture.
For the preparation of this medicinal drug saber and golden mustache must be passed through the meat grinder, and mixed with the rest of the ingredients. You can shake the jar with the solution daily, but only after 3 weeks.
Even if it was possible to remove the pain, this is not an excuse to postpone and, moreover, cancel the visit to the doctor. It is necessary to find out why the knee swollen and aching, and proceed to eliminate the cause..
To make a diagnosis, an x-ray examination, an MRI or a CT scan is performed. If there is a suspicion of an infection, a blood test will be given..
In certain cases, a joint puncture is performed to study the composition of the synovial fluid.
Types of treatment
If the leg in the knee region (or slightly above it) hurts, after the diagnostic activities appropriate treatment will be prescribed.
In osteoporosis, complex therapy includes the administration of anti-inflammatory drugs, physiotherapeutic procedures and, possibly, the immobilization of the knee.
The medicinal effect is directed to the restoration of bone structure, anesthesia and the removal of inflammation. This disorder is characterized by a violation of the hormonal background, resulting in poorly absorbed calcium. Therefore, calcium preparations with vitamin D and steroid agents are used.
If there are cracks and hidden fractures, the leg is fixed with a plaster bandage, in some cases it is recommended to wear tight bandages or langets constantly.
Orthoses can be worn as a preventive measure for garden work, during training or during fitness. If the tendonitis has a chronic course, it is recommended to perform a massage. To relieve pain, anti-inflammatory drugs based on NSAIDs - Naproxen, Diclofenac, etc., are prescribed.
The medicinal form of the drugs is selected by the doctor depending on the severity of the symptoms.
If the treatment does not work, corticosteroids and platelet-enriched plasma injections are introduced into the pathological focus.
Injections of platelet plasma are a new method of treatment that promotes the regeneration of tendons.
Tendonitis can occur at any age. Infectious tendonitis, including that in a child, is treated with antibiotics.
Tendonitis last, 4 stages, when there was a partial or complete rupture of the tendon, and the knee is very sore, requires surgical intervention. Surgery to remove degenerative tissues is performed either open, or arthroscopic..
If the ligament is contracted because of a bone protrusion of the patella, surgical treatment is performed using small incisions. This is enough to remove the source of pain.
The presence of cysts or other larger formations requires only an open surgery.
A distinctive sign of arthritis is severe pain even with incomplete flexion of the leg. In this case, there is swelling above the kneecap. Treatment of this pathology must begin at the initial stage of joint destruction.
In the complex therapy of rheumatoid arthritis, chondroprotectors, analgesics and anti-inflammatory agents are used. In severe forms, hormonal preparations are indicated.
To therapeutic agents quickly fall into the affected areas and in order to normalize the supply of joints physiotherapy procedures are prescribed. To improve the motor activity of the limb, therapeutic physical training is very useful.
Running forms of arthritis, as a rule, require surgical treatment, as intraarticular surfaces wear out and are damaged. To save the joint in this case it is possible only surgically, applying endoprosthetics, after which long rehabilitation is required.
The success of treating rheumatoid arthritis directly depends on timely medical care
With gout, the knee swells and turns red, the pain is so painful that it is impossible to bend the leg. It is at this stage that patients turn to doctors for help.
Treatment of the disease is aimed at restoring the normal level of uric acid in the body.
This is achieved by taking medication for a long period and correcting the diet..
To inhibit the formation of uric acid and ensure its removal from the blood, uricodepressants and uricosuric agents are prescribed..
One of the most effective remedies for gout is Colchicine, made from natural raw materials.
In addition to the suppressive effect on the formation of uric acid, Colchicine perfectly cures seizures, since it has analgesic action.
We advise reading: oli in the knee when walking
The basic treatment for gout includes the use of drugs such as Allopurinol and its analogue Thiopurinol. To remove salts from the joints and purify the blood, such drugs are effective:
Even after the first treatment course, patients feel considerable relief. But in spite of the fact that the leg does not hurt, and walking does not cause difficulties, it is important to follow all the doctor's advice. Otherwise, seizures may recur.
Folk remedies against gout have been used since the time of Hippocrates, and many effective recipes are used today. Compresses are especially popular, which are usually superimposed overnight.
So, if the joint is swollen with gout, the following methods are used:
- in the absence of allergies to honey and bee products, a mixture of honey and salt is made, which is evenly laid out on a bandage or gauze. The compress is applied at night;
- to steam up a leg in hot water, then to mix mustard powder, honey and soda. The resulting gruel is applied to the diseased area, and fixed with a bandage. The procedure can be carried out daily for two weeks;
- if the knee is swollen, the herbs-chamomile and elderberry-will help relieve the pain. To prepare the infusion, it is necessary to boil the water-filled herbs, taken in equal quantities. After the infusion has cooled, soak the bandage in it and put it on the aching leg.
Despite the fact that gout is considered a disease of kings, because they had access to delicacies, the hungry diets may become sick. The reason is the same - the accumulation of uric acid in the body, only it is formed not because of fatty and tasty foods, but because of starvation.
Injuries to the knee
Overloads and mechanical injuries injure the knee joint. A bruise or other knee injury can be obtained by falling, too abruptly moving or twisting.
After a few minutes there is pain, the knee begins to swell.
If blood vessels and nerves are affected, then numbness, tingling or blueness of the skin in the area of injury is possible.
A knee injury is not always harmless, the severity of injuries can be seen only on an x-ray
In the case of a severe injury, when the pain does not last long, it is necessary to see the doctor. He will diagnose and tell what to do.
Most of the injuries are not difficult to diagnose, and already during the inspection it will be clear how serious the damage is.
However, we will have to take an X-ray to confirm the preliminary diagnosis and determine what to treat the knee.
Therapeutic measures in case of injuries:
- the imposition of gypsum or a tire to immobilize the limb;
- if a hemorrhage occurred in the joint, a puncture is performed to remove blood;
- Preparations for the management of pain syndrome based on NSAIDs.
In severe cases:
- transplantation of ligaments and tendons.
Rehabilitation after injuries includes courses of physiotherapy, physiotherapy and massage.
Of particular importance is the immobilization of the limb, the provision of a foot of complete rest. To reduce swelling, you can use ointment from the body sponge or products that are in the house, for the preparation of medical compresses.
There are natural medicines in every home, in emergency situations they will provide effective assistance
Traditional methods of treatment for injuries:
- cabbage leaf. A sheet of white cabbage should be discarded slightly, so that he let the juice. Attach to the knee, and roll up with a bandage. Change the leaf to fresh every hour until the condition improves;
- flesh of aloe leaflets mixed with honey in equal proportions and make a gauze compress. Apply to a sore spot for several hours before reducing swelling;
- dried wormwood mixed with petroleum jelly, and bake the mixture in a hot oven for several hours at minimum temperature. Get an ointment, which must be applied to the knee 3 times a day for 7-10 days;
- take the root of burdock, violet and veronica, measure an equal amount of each herb and mix. Pour a mixture of 500 grams of vodka and leave overnight. Before use, the infusion can be filtered out and applied as a compress. So that the liquid does not evaporate, you must cover the bandage with polyethylene on top and fix it.
It must be remembered that the use of all folk methods must be coordinated with the attending physician.
In conclusion, some tips on how to avoid injuries and keep the joints healthy.
To prevent diseases of the knee joint will help physical exercises, in which the load on the joint is minimized.
A beneficial effect is the wearing of the right footwear, if necessary - with orthopedic insoles. High heel - only as an output accessory..
Proper and balanced nutrition is useful not only for the joints, but for the whole body. For any problems with the knee, even if there are no injuries, be sure to contact a surgeon or a traumatologist. Live without pain!.
A source: http://MoyaSpina.ru/diagnostika/kolena-opuhlo-bolit-sgibanii
Swelling of the knee joint treatment
Edema of the knee appears due to an inflammatory process in the knee joint region. To provoke the inflammation can both external influences, and internal causes.
Possible causes of edema:
is caused by the following phenomena:
- traumatic effects on the tissues of the knee joint (for example, when a person falls, abruptly turns or jumps from a height);
- ailments of the joint, associated with the violation of metabolic processes (gout, osteoporosis);
- inflammatory processes in the knee joints (arthritis, arthrosis, etc.).
An accurate diagnosis can be made only after a complete examination of the patient's body. At the same time, the real causes of discomfort and soreness are often detected by signs and symptoms, which the patient did not mention when addressing a doctor.
For some pathologies, differential diagnosis with modern medical equipment is required.
Inflammatory process in the knee joint is capable of provoking both the influence of external factors and internal causes.
Among the numerous factors causing edema and swelling of the knee are:
When stretching, mobility of the shank is observed, and dislocations are accompanied by deformation of the knee. In all cases, there are swelling.
The most common injuries occur during sports activities
With the development of bursitis, palpation determines a dense neoplasm in the knee. In this case, there is skin hyperemia, local and sometimes general, hyperthermia, tingling and pain at the site of inflammation.
In most cases, the patient is difficult to move around and it is almost impossible to bend the knee.
Bursitis requires a mandatory puncture to remove the exudate formed in the synovial bag
Pain symptoms in tendonitis gradually increase, and in the absence of therapy, complete atrophy of the tendon fibers is possible.
This disease is caused by the accumulation of uric acid most often in the joints of the toes, but there are cases of gout activity in the knee region.
The septic form of arthritis is a kind of infectious arthritis, which is provoked by various bacteria. In this case, swelling is accompanied by pain, redness of the skin, chills, and the knee can not bend as expected.
Photo of septic arthritis
Symptoms of bursitis
The knee is hot and painful to the touch, compacted lumps are felt under the skin. Sometimes the ability to move is completely impaired.
How to treat posttraumatic arthritis
Treatment usually takes more than a week and consists of:
- taking anti-inflammatory drugs;
- reception of pain medications;
- immobilization of the knee joint;
- application of thermal procedures.
Sometimes surgical intervention is required.
Diagnosis of a tumor
To carry out further manipulations of great importance is a thorough diagnosis, which includes:
- X-ray diagnostics. In this case, several shots of the knee area are performed (under the knees in front, lateral and straight projection) to determine the presence in the joint of neoplasms, fluid or deformations of the bone tissue.
- MRI and CT. These techniques are aimed at clarifying the structure and location of the tumor.
- Use of radioisotopes. This method of diagnosis is based on the property of absorption by the bone Ca and Str. These elements are more actively absorbed by the bone structure with various neoplasms.
- Sonography. This method of diagnosis is mandatory performed if there is a suspicion of metastatic lesions.
- Biopsy. To clarify the malignancy of the neoplasm, as well as for benign knee tumors, it is recommended the sampling of the test material to biopsy, which can be performed in two ways: openly and with the help of puncture. The most traumatic is an open biopsy, however, this is the most accurate method of diagnosis, in contrast to a puncture biopsy.
After clarifying the diagnosis and finding out the etiology of tumor formation in the knee region, the doctor appoints necessary therapeutic measures, based on the general condition of the patient and how much they ache knees.
Treatment of a tumor of the knee joint begins only after an accurate diagnosis. To reduce painful symptoms on your own, you can:
- apply a cold compress to the knee, which should not be held for longer than 20 minutes;
- grease the affected area with iodine.
It is necessary to keep calm and accept a comfortable position.
Ultrasound of the knee joint allows to more accurately diagnose the cause of development of pain symptoms and heaviness in the legs
Treatment of edema and swelling of the knee directly depends on the factors of the development of the pathological condition and provides for several stages:
1. First aid
If the puffiness appeared as a result of trauma, independently determine the severity of the condition it is difficult enough, however at home it is possible and it is necessary to do everything possible to remove the painful symptoms.
Cold can be applied to the site of the injury, but no more than 15 minutes to avoid local tissue overcooling
In the event that the patient has a strong pain attack, it is recommended to give the patient an anesthetic, previously specifying the predisposition of the patient to the development of hypersensitivity to any medicinal facilities.
2. Medication Therapy
On how to relieve swelling of the knee with medication, the patient will be told by a doctor who will pick up an individual therapeutic tactics, according to the general condition and severity of the symptoms, as well as individual intolerance to certain groups preparations.
Conservative treatment is aimed at reducing swelling and swelling in the back and in front of the knee, as well as eliminating the root cause of the pathological process.
Drug therapy provides for:
The doctor should conduct a survey to identify the cause of edema of the knee joint. The therapeutic program can be based on the following types of treatment: medication, physiotherapy, including exercise therapy and massage, operative.
Methods of treatment:
- Medical treatment is applied depending on the origin of the pathology. For example, depending on the symptoms, analgesics, anti-inflammatory and decongestants can be prescribed. When arthritis prescribe antibiotics, hormones or cytotoxic drugs.
- Physiotherapy has a positive effect on the health of a patient suffering from osteoarthritis or knee injury. The physiotherapy procedure is combined with taking medications prescribed by the attending physician.
As a result, blood circulation is normalized, swelling is going on, pain sensations disappear. There are various courses of physiotherapy: electrophoresis, UHF, laser, magnetic, paraffin therapy and mud treatment.
However, physiotherapy is contraindicated in arthritis, connective tissue pathology and allergic reaction.
- Physiotherapy and massage can be effective in trauma and osteoarthritis. The joint is gradually developed with the help of physiotherapy exercises.
With regular sessions, the amount of movement in the joint increases.
- Operative treatment. Surgical intervention occurs in cases when it is necessary to sew damaged ligaments or tendons, fix bone elements displaced during fracture.
Important! First aid for a knee injury with severe swelling is in a cold compress to the affected area. It is advisable to give the patient an anesthetic drug.
Edema of the knee joint: methods of treatment with folk remedies
If you combine the treatment with folk remedies with the instructions of the attending physician, you can quickly get rid of the painful symptoms.
Than to remove an edema of a knee joint:
Withdrawal of salts from food, salads. This is
Improving blood circulation in When the knee joint hurts, 200 grams of water, a thick mass. We impose a cartilaginous weave, prevents impregnation of the tissue with juice and folk remedies that restore the joint surface
A source: http://sustav.space/sustav/opuhol-kolennogo-sustava-lechenie.html