1Arthra - instructions for use, dosage, active ingredient, contraindications and reviews
- 1.1Arthra Tablets
- 1.2Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- 1.3special instructions
- 1.4In pregnancy
- 1.5Drug Interactions
- 1.6Arthra and alcohol
- 1.7Side effects and overdose
- 1.9Terms of Sale and Storage
- 1.10Analogues of Artra
- 1.11Price Arthra
2Arthra: instructions for use
- 2.1Form of issue
- 2.3Indications for use
- 2.4Dosing and Administration
- 2.5Side effects
- 2.6Analogues of Artra
- 2.7Terms and conditions of storage
3Tablets Arthra: instructions for use, analogs, customer reviews and how much is the medicine?
- 3.1Arthra Tablets: instructions for use
- 3.2Composition of tablets Arthra
- 3.3Indications for the use of tablets Arthra
- 3.5Side effects
- 3.6Dosing and Administration
- 3.7Cost of preparation
- 3.8Reviews about the drug
- 3.9Drug analogues
4Capsules and tablets Artra - instructions for use
- 4.1Healing properties
- 4.2Form of issue
- 4.3Tablets "Artra"
- 4.4Method of reception
- 4.5Capsules "Artra"
- 4.7Precautionary measures
- 4.8Pregnancy and Nursing Period
- 4.9Interaction with other medicinal products
- 4.10Terms and conditions of storage
5Features of the effective drug-chondroprotector Arthra
- 5.1pharmachologic effect
- 5.2Indications for use
- 5.3Form of issue, composition
- 5.4Interaction with other drugs
- 5.5Side effects
- 5.6Application in pregnancy and lactation
- 5.7Use in Pediatrics
- 5.8Terms and conditions of storage
- 5.9Price offers
- 5.10The cost of Arthra in Russian cities can reach
- 5.11The average cost of this medicine in Ukraine
- 5.12Drug analogues
- 5.13Patient Reviews
Arthra - instructions for use, dosage, active ingredient, contraindications and reviews
Annotation to the preparation Arthra - instructions for use, contains a description of this combined drug a drug intended for the treatment of osteoarthritis, arthrosis, relief of pain attacks in patients of different ages. According to reviews, Artra has a chondroprotective action (protection of the articular cartilage) and helps with joint and spinal problems.
Diseases of the joints caused by a lack of glucosamine in the synovial fluid require the use of chondroprotective drugs.
Modern pharmacology offers the classification of existing chondroprotectors for 3 generations: natural, mono-preparations and combination products.
The last generation includes tablets of Arthra, containing in their composition both glucosamine and sulfated mucopolysaccharides.
This combination has a multifaceted effect on bone tissues, joints and cartilaginous tissues due to completely different mechanisms of action of active substances on the body.
The properties of the drug allow it to be used to treat osteoarthrosis of the peripheral joints and spine.
According to the instructions for use, Artra has:
- anti-inflammatory effect, which is achieved by controlling the causes of synovial inflammation;
- stimulating effect, which is expressed in maintaining the processes of tissue regeneration and enhancing the production of cartilage matrix (the main substance of the connective fluid);
- protective properties that manifest themselves in the form of suppression of the activity of hyaluronidase and elastase (enzymes that cause the breakdown of hyaluronic acid and cleavage of cartilage).
The medicinal form of the preparation Arthra is an oval biconvex tablet covered with a gastrointestinal white film. On one side of the pill is engraved, containing the name of the drug in Latin letters.
Tablets of 30, 60, 100 or 120 pcs. packed in a polymer bottle. The active substances included in each tablet are 500 mg of glucosamine hydrochloride and 500 mg of chondroitin sodium sulfate.
The full component composition, the description of which contains the instruction, is given in the table:
|Substance||Description of the mechanism of action|
|Glucosamine hydrochloride||Starts and supports the processes of collagen production, synthesis of aminoglycans|
|Chondroitin Sodium Sulphate||Synthesizing hyaluronic acid, strengthens connective tissue structures, has the ability to accumulate water in the cartilaginous cavity, which ensures its strength and prevents the destruction of cartilage|
|Dibasic calcium phosphate||The inorganic substance, resistant to extracellular fluids, is a source of calcium|
|Microcrystalline cellulose||Dietary fiber, promote the assimilation of medicines|
|Magnesium stearate||Stabilizer, provides complete absorption of calcium|
|Stearic acid (cetylacetic acid)||Included in the shell, thickener|
|Croscarmellose sodium||Disintegrant, increases the bioavailability of active substances|
|Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose||Water-soluble stabilizer, ensures uniformity of the drug|
|Dioxide of titanium||Food coloring, giving white color|
|Triacetin||Excipient-plasticizer, provides density and integrity of composition|
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The effect of taking Arthra is due to the mechanism of its pharmacological action, which consists in the combined effect of the two active substances of the drug.
Glucosamine acts as a stimulant for the regeneration of cartilaginous tissue and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Chondroitin sulfate is a constituent of the connecting matrix, which enhances the action of glucosamine.
After taking the drug, the bioavailability of glucosamine reaches 25%, and chondroitin sulfate - 13%. The distribution of active substances occurs mainly in articular cartilage, liver and kidneys.
After persisting, the drug is excreted through the excretory system with urine and feces.The accelerated process of tissue regeneration is maintained after the end of the drug intake for up to 3 months.
Indications for use
Chondroprotective agent Artra according to the instructions is indicated for diseases caused by degenerative-dystrophic changes in the musculoskeletal system, joints and spine.
The medicine is prescribed if the patient has the first symptoms of osteoarthritis.
Also indications for the use of tablets are non-inflammatory diseases associated with violation of blood circulation in bone vessels, such as gonarthrosis (or osteoarthrosis of the knees) and osteochondrosis.
For the treatment of osteoarthrosis and inflammatory joint diseases, the drug Arthra in tablets should be taken by the course, the duration of which is determined by the doctor.
Recommendations contained in the instructions for use are reduced to taking 2 tablets per day for 3 weeks, after which you should take 1 pill before the end of the course. Tablets are taken internally to preserve the integrity of the shell.
Drink followed by a large amount of fluid to increase the bioavailability of the drug.
Chondroprotector Arthra according to the instructions can be used in treatment for a long time (up to six months), However, after the completion of the course of treatment, repeated therapy of osteoarthritis is not recommended to begin earlier than 2-3 month. The drug is not prescribed for children under 15 years of age, pregnant and breastfeeding women. Although tablets are dispensed without a prescription, it is recommended to consult a specialist before taking the medication.
Arthra for the joints during the period of gestation is not assigned because there is no data on the safety of the drug during pregnancy.
Since the effects of glucosamine and chondroitin on the children's body have not been reliably studied, breastfeeding follows stop if necessary take a chondroprotector, or postpone the course of treatment until the end of the thoracic feeding.
Taking medication for the treatment of osteoarthritis of Arthra in combination with preparations of other pharmacological groups may enhance or reduce their effect. The table shows the result of the interaction of the chondroprotector with other drugs:
|Drug Group||Action of Arthra in combination|
|Anticoagulants, antiplatelet agents||Enhances the effect on the body|
|Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, glucocorticosteroids||Increases activity|
|Tetracyclines||Increases the absorption of intestinal active substances|
|Fibrinolytic preparations||Strengthens the therapeutic effect|
Arthra and alcohol
The use of alcoholic beverages during the course of treatment with the use of the drug Artra is not contraindicated.
With the simultaneous administration of chondroprotector and alcohol, it should be borne in mind that ethanol has a common a harmful effect on the body, and on the joints, including, so the therapeutic effect may be lower the expected.
In addition, the result of consuming alcohol-containing beverages during the course of treatment with Arthra can lead to increased side effects of the drug.
Side effects and overdose
There are no recorded cases of drug overdose, but precautions must be observed.
Accidental administration of tablets at doses exceeding those recommended by the instruction requires washing the stomach and using sorbents.
Side effects that have been observed in patients taking Arthra include:
- stool (constipation or diarrhea);
- the appearance of attacks of dizziness;
- bloating, flatulence;
- rashes of an allergic nature.
Chondroprotective agent Artra, according to the instruction, is not used in pediatrics and in the therapy of patients who have the following pathologies diagnosed:
- impaired renal function;
- bronchial asthma, endocrine diseases (including diabetes mellitus), blood clotting disorders, tendency to bleeding (reception is possible only under medical supervision);
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Terms of Sale and Storage
Tablets for the treatment of osteoarthritis Arthra are dispensed in pharmacies without a prescription.
The information contained in the instruction for the use of the drug informs that, if the storage conditions are observed, the medicine is suitable for administration within 5 years from the date of manufacture.
Tablets should be stored at a temperature of 10 to 30 degrees, while they must remain in the original bottle.
Analogues of Artra
Replace the tablets Arthra, if necessary, you can use drugs related to anti-inflammatory drugs pharmacological group of chondroprotectors. Medications that act analogue of Arthra are:
- Arthron Complex;
- Honda Forte;
Buy a nonsteroidal drug Arthra and read the instructions for it can be in the pharmacies of the city. You can buy tablets without leaving home by making an order in the online store, selecting the necessary packaging. The information on the prices for a preparation is presented in the table:
|Pharmacy||Number of tablets in a package, pcs.||Price, rubles|
A source: http://sovets.net/14270-artra-instrukciya-po-primeneniyu.html
Arthra: instructions for use
Arthra is a combined preparation from the group of bone and cartilage reparants used to treat degenerative diseases of the joints and spine.
The composition of Arthra includes glucosamine and chondroitin. Glucosamine, due to the enhanced synthesis of cells of cartilaginous tissue, exhibits the following effects:
- stimulates regeneration and restoration of cartilaginous surfaces;
- accelerates metabolic processes and reduces the severity of degenerative changes;
- removes inflammation, reduces soreness of the joint;
- normalizes the production of synovial fluid and improves the mobility of the joints.
Chondroitin actively participates in the restoration of joint tissues and, through chondroprotective action, provides its reliable protection:
- accelerates the exchange of calcium and phosphorus, normalizes metabolism in the cartilaginous tissue;
- blocks enzymes and free radicals, which destroy the structure of the cartilage;
- significantly slows down the degeneration of the joint;
- restores cartilage surfaces and an articular bag;
- prevents compression of connective tissue;
- increases the production of synovial fluid, maintains its viscosity;
- improves the motor activity of the joints;
- inhibits the destruction of bone, the phenomenon of osteoporosis and stimulates bone repair processes;
- significantly reduces the rate of development of osteoarthritis and alleviates its symptoms;
- Has analgesic effect, reduces pain in rest and motion;
- helps reduce inflammation, reduces the need for non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Form of issue
Arthra is produced in white tablets, the surface of which is covered with a shell. On one side of the tablet, the inscription ARTRA is engraved.
In the package 3 0, 20 pieces.
The composition of the medicinal product includes:
- glucosamine - 500 mg;
- chondroitin - 500 mg.
Tablets have a specific smell and sweet-salty taste.
Indications for use
Indications for the use of Arthra is osteoarthrosis of the spine and large peripheral joints:
- deforming, posttraumatic, rheumatic osteoarthritis;
- chronic osteoarthritis;
- osteocondritis of the spine;
- pain syndrome in acute and chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- pains that occur against the background of degenerative changes in the joints;
- infection of joints and bones;
- various local osteopathies;
- age deformation of the musculoskeletal system.
Arthra is contraindicated:
- at hypersensitivity reactions on acting or auxiliary substances included in the composition;
- with severe diseases of the urinary system;
- in the period of pregnancy and lactation;
- aged up to 15 years.
With caution, it is necessary to apply to people suffering from diabetes, bronchial asthma, and with a tendency to various bleeding.
Dosing and Administration
The first 3 weeks should be taken 1 tablet twice a day, then - 1 time per day.
Capsule is taken orally, regardless of food.
Duration of treatment is set individually. The standard course is not less than 6 months. If necessary, the course of treatment can be increased.
Arthra is usually easily tolerated, rarely can cause the following side effects:
- abdominal pain, bloating, increased gas production;
- impaired intestinal function, manifested by diarrhea or constipation;
- dizziness, headache;
- development of edema, pain in the lower limbs;
- sleep disorders;
- rashes, redness, itching and other allergic reactions;
- increased heart rate.
At occurrence of by-effects the dosage of a preparation needs to be reduced in 2 times, if improvement does not follow - a preparation needs to be canceled.
Analogues of Artra
Similar preparations are:
- KONDRONOV is available in capsules and as an ointment for external use. The dosage of glucosamine and chondroitin is 250 and 200 mg, respectively. Manufacturer: Panacea Biotec (India);
- Tazan - tablets with the composition and dosage, similar to Arthra. Producer of the medicine: Synthesis OJSC (Russia);
- Teraflex is a preparation in capsules. Glucose dosage is 500 mg, chondroitin is 400 mg. Manufacturer: Sagmel, Inc. (USA);
- Chondroglucide, like Arthra, is a tablet preparation with a similar dosage. It is also available in the form of gel for 30, 50, 100 g. The manufacturer of the medicinal product: Synthesis OJSC (Russia);
- Hondroflex is a domestic preparation based on glucosamine (250 mg) and chondroitin (200 mg). Produced: Obolensky - a pharmaceutical company (Russia).
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of Arthra is 5 years. After the expiration of this period, the use of the medicinal product is prohibited. Keep the drug in a place inaccessible to children, in the temperature range of 10 to 30 degrees.
Arthra tablets, film-coated 500 mg + 500 mg, 30 pcs. - from 617 rubles.
Arthra tablets, film-coated 500 mg + 500 mg, 60 pcs. - from 1009 rubles.
Rate Arthra on a 5-point scale:
(103, average score3.3204f5)
A source: http://bezboleznej.ru/artra
Tablets Arthra: instructions for use, analogs, customer reviews and how much is the medicine?
Arthra tablets contribute to the stimulation of regeneration of bone-cartilaginous tissues. They have found application in the treatment and prevention of joint and spinal diseases.
Chondroitin sulfate in conjunction with glucosamine promote the biosynthesis of connective tissues. Due to this, the process of destruction of cartilaginous tissues in the joints and spine stops.
Arthra Tablets: instructions for use
Arthra has a mild anti-inflammatory effect. Thanks to this has a slight analgesic effect. Chondroitin, as a natural component, promotes the formation of a healthy cartilage matrix and protects it from the effects of free radicals.
If to compare with others, then Artra is a relatively young medicine. The components that make up the tablets restore the tissues in the joints and joints. With the integrated intake of drugs, the life cycle of the cartilage resumes and tissue growth is formed.
Tablets can only slow down the resolution and degeneration of the joints, but they can not restore the already destroyed ones.
Therefore, it is important to understand that treatment for treatment is at the first symptoms of the disease.
As practice shows, the best Artra copes with its task in conjunction with additional drugs that enhance the effect of tablets on cartilaginous tissue.
A competent combination of medicines can be prescribed only by a specialist, given the condition of your joints, the degree of disease, the results of the tests, etc.
Composition of tablets Arthra
Arthra is a tablet, covered with a shell and bearing the inscription "Arthra". Have a specific smell.
The Arth tablets are dominated by two main active components:
- Chondroitin sulfate,which is an analogue of the human cartilaginous tissue. Usually it is extracted from the bone marrow of cattle or sea fish. At what, chondroitin, extracted from the cartilaginous tissue of fish is much more effective than from animals and is of great biological value.
It is an irreplaceable substance in the structure of the synovial (joint) fluid. It has the following properties:
- Restores cartilage structure.
- Strengthens catabolic processes.
- Promotes increased production of extracellular matrix.
Chondroitin sodium sulfate has such abilities:
- Normalizes the structure of the interarticulate fluid.
- Activates the exchange of hyaluronic acid.
- Increases the resistance of chondrocytes to the effects of cytokines.
- Protects the cartilage from the harmful effects of free radicals in the body.
- It inhibits the destruction of cartilaginous tissue.
- Removes inflammation.
These components are active on their own, but if they both affect the lesion, this greatly speeds up the recovery period. It is because of this that Arthra is considered to be an influential and effective way for the disease of osteoarticular cartilage.
In the role of additional components, there are:
- Magnesium stearate
- Sodium croscarmellose
- Dibasic calcium phosphate
- Stearic acid
Each tablet is coated, which consists of:
- Dioxide of titanium
Tablets are sold in packages of 30, 60, 100 and 120 pieces. They are packed in a bottle with a twist cap. Dosage capsules are 250, 500 and 750 mg.
Indications for the use of tablets Arthra
Arthra is attributed to the patient in the complex treatment of joints or spine.
Most often this drug is prescribed for patients with such diseases:
- Cervical osteochondrosis
- Lumbar osteochondrosis
- The initial stage of herniation of intervertebral discs
The best pill eliminates problems in the early stages of the disease, so all doctors say. When the disease is already started, the cartilage tissues are destroyed, and, unfortunately, the pills will not help. In this case, only the endoprosthesis of the joints can save the situation.
It is strictly forbidden to take Arthra tablets with such diseases and symptoms:
- Explicit renal impairment
- Sensitivity or intolerance of one of the components
- Bronchial asthma
- Propensity to bleeding
- Lactation period
When visiting a doctor, you must necessarily notify him about all your chronic or temporary illnesses so that he can choose the correct course of treatment that will be effective for you.
Arthra tablets are generally well tolerated by the body. But, in some cases, side effects may occur.
Like any drug, tablets can give complications to the gastrointestinal tract:
- Painful sensations
In rare cases, some patients have central nervous system disorders, resulting in dizziness and disorientation. In rare cases, sleep can be disturbed. That is, sleeplessness prevails at night, and drowsiness during the day.
But, as a rule, this happens with units of a thousand. It is recommended to observe your body at the beginning of taking pills. If everything is in order, take the drug further.
Usually, side effects are very weak and do not require hospitalization and taking measures. But, nevertheless, if you have any of these symptoms when taking the pills, you need to see a doctor.
Dosing and Administration
To achieve a positive result, the Arthra tablets should be taken for a long time. Practice shows that after a six-month therapy the result is kept for a long time.
The first three weeks of treatment, the drug is taken orally one tablet in the morning and in the evening. After that, the medication is reduced to once a day. All this is prescribed strictly by a doctor. Do not self-medicate, it can harm your health.
In the treatment of osteochondrosis, complex therapy is recommended, that is, together with Arthra, injections or ointments are needed that will enhance the absorption of tablets and increase the effectiveness of their effects on the body.
- Capsules 250 mg- 2 pieces 2 times a day
- 500 mg capsules- 1 piece 2 times a day
- Capsules 750 mg- 1 piece once a day
No cases of drug overdose were observed. But if that happens, you need to rinse your stomach and seek medical help.
Cost of preparation
Produces tablets Artra Unipharm Incorporated, New York, USA. Prices may vary depending on the pharmacy or online store.
The average price for the territory of Russia is as follows:
- Arthra 30 tablets - 880 rubles.
- Arthra 60 tablets - 1450 rubles.
- Arthra 100 tablets - 1985 rubles.
- Arthra 120 tablets - 2100 rubles.
Of course, it is more profitable to buy large packages, because, the treatment requires at least 200 capsules. Practice has shown that the longer the therapeutic effect on the body (up to six months), the longer the result (up to three years) holds.
Reviews about the drug
Analyzing the opinions of patients about tablets, one can draw the following conclusions:
- The first improvement in joint condition is noticeable after three months of regular intake of tablets.At the same time, patients say that they feel a decrease in the pain syndrome and an increase in the motor activity of the joints.
- With side effects in the form of problems with the digestive tract, 5 people out of 100 collided.The effects were mild, so they did not require stopping the drug.
Earlier than 3-4 months after starting the drug, you should not expect changes. This is due to the fact that regeneration of the osteochondral tissue is a long-term and labor-intensive process.
To make up for the deficiency of chondroitin in the body, it takes time. The advantage of the Artra tablets is that it does not affect other medications in any way, so you can drink them at any convenient time of the day.
As for recalling doctors about this drug, opinions are divided.
Some believe that without the use of Arthra tablets, joints and spine can not be treated, while others say that You can do well without them, or use them as not the main, but an auxiliary therapeutic facilities.
Unlike many chondroitin-containing drugs, Artra is not registered as a dietary supplement, but as a medicinal product. Accordingly, the drug requirements to them are much stricter than to dietary supplements.
Each capsule contains a number of active substances such that it allows you to take the drug daily. At the same time, the competently assembled composition gives the possibility of a long-term use of the drug for a more pronounced effect.
This is proved by carrying out a variety of experiments in combination with various drugs.
Since different manufacturers use different combinations of active substances in their preparations, it can not be said that there is an absolute analog of these tablets.
But at the same time in the pharmacy showcase there are many means containing chondroitin and / or glucosamine in the composition.
All of them are aimed at the regeneration of the joint tissues and the restoration of the joint fluid.
Both ingredients (chondroitin and glucosamine) contain in the composition Teraflex. But it is impossible to say exactly which of the pills is more effective.
This is decided by the doctor, based on each individual case. It is not recommended to make a replacement yourself.
A complete analogue of Arthra can not be called Teraflex. Because, they are similar only to two active components, and the rest of the composition is different. In Teraflex there are components aimed at removing the inflammatory processes in the joints. That is, its effect is slightly wider than that of Artra.
Structum - capsules have the same effect as Arthra, only from components in the composition of only chondroitin. Because of this, Structum is slightly weaker, because in Artra chondroitin and glucosamine replenish each other and act faster.
More such tablets can be called substitutes or analogues of tablets Arthra:
- Arthron Triac;
- Chondroxide Maximum;
- Bora Bora's Supplements;
All these drugs are aimed at restoring the joint tissues. They are used as the main therapeutic or additional means for problems with the musculoskeletal system.
In conclusion, I would like to note that with careless attitude towards your health, no drugs will help.
Because they are able to help the body to repair the collapsing tissue, but they can not restore the already destroyed.It is important to understand that in old age pain in joints is very difficult to pass, as the body wears out, and cartilage tissues are destroyed. Therefore it is important to do your health from the youth.
When the body is able to take useful substances, minerals and vitamins that support cells and tissues are normal. To maintain joints in the tonus, do not forget about playing sports.
A source: http://SpinaSpina.com/lechenie/preparaty/instrukciya-po-primeneniya-i-analogi-tabletok-artra.html
Capsules and tablets Artra - instructions for use
A drug that feeds the cartilaginous tissue, slowing down its destruction and contributing to its recovery (chondroprotector).
It is prescribed for problems with joints and after surgery on them.
The drug is a medicinal product and does not belong to the group of dietary supplements - it has proved its effect in medical practice.
The drug "Artra" involves long-term treatment. The period of admission usually lasts up to six months.
Only with such long-term treatment, drugs of this group can give a good effect of treatment.
A third of a month should be taken 2 times a day for 1 pill. Then go to the reception of 1 tablet a day.
Indications for use
The "Artra" has a small range of indications. This drug is designed to treat osteoporosis of the peripheral joints of the spine. Usually treatment is carried out in conjunction with other medications.
Form of issue
The release of the drug "Artra" is made in the form of tablets and capsules.
"Artra" in tablets has a film membrane with a sweet-brackish taste. Tablets are engraved with names. On sale there are packs of 30, 60, 100 and 120 tablets in polymer bottles in a cardboard bundle. In one carton pack, 1 bottle.
The average price is from 800 to 2000 rubles.
Tablets contain glucosamine hydrochloride - 500 mg, and the same amount of chondroitin sodium sulfate.
Additional components are magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide (E171), calcium phosphate disubstituted, stearic acid, MCC, triacetin, sodium croscarmellose.
Type of tablet "Artra" on the cut: a shell of white or similar to white, inside a white granular mass with small crystalline impregnations.
Method of reception
Adults and children over 15 years old drink in the morning before meals first three weeks for 1 pill 2 times every 24 hours. After 1 tablet 1 time per day. Strengthened action will be with taking about six months.
Capsules contain chondroitin sodium sulfate (in the amount of 250, 500 or 750 mg.). Additional components: rice flour, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate. The shell is made of gelatin and titanium dioxide.
The average price is from 600 to 1600 rubles.
Capsules are available in packages of 15 and 60 pieces. In packing No. 60 a polyethylene bottle is a cardboard bundle.
Method of reception
Admission of capsules by adults lasts at least six months. The effect of the drug after its cancellation will last for 3-5 months. Repeated use is prescribed by a doctor. Capsules of 250 mg - 2 capsules 2 times a day. 500 mg - 1 capsule 2 times a day. 750 mg - 1 or 2 capsules 2 times a day.
The drug has not so many contraindications. When taking capsules, you should only pay attention to whether you have an individual intolerance to the components of the medicine. And also it is impossible to accept at infringements of function of kidneys.
Capsules should be taken with extreme caution in patients with bleeding or prone to it. Tablets should not be taken to children under 15 years of age. There are no clinical data on possible use for children.
Pregnancy and Nursing Period
The drug is undesirable for pregnant and lactating mothers. In no form of release. For pregnant women, the medication may have a poor effect on the fetus.
Interaction with other medicinal products
The drug is compatible with glucocorticosteroids (GCS) -natural steroid hormones, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Virtually all drugs have side effects. As a rule, they are manifested when the drug is used excessively or when the dosage is exceeded.
Capsules from side effects rarely show allergic reactions. Tablets can cause a number of undesirable effects:
If side effects occur, stop taking the medication and consult a doctor.
There were no cases of drug overdose. With an increased manifestation of side effects, honey therapy can be such: gastric lavage and symptomatic therapy.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored at a temperature of 10 to 30 degrees Celsius. In a dry and protected from children place. Shelf life of the tablets is 5 years. The capsule is 3 years old.
The generics of the preparation "Artra" are such medicines as "Teraflex Advance "Diaflex "Structum "Dona "Chondroxide" and other preparations of the group of chondroprotectors.
Pierre Fabre Medication Production, France
Pricefrom 1100 to 1200 rubles.
Chondroprotector "Structum is prescribed for problems with joints. It is not a dietary supplement. It is used for osteoarthritis and intervertebral osteochondrosis.
- Relatively low price
- Possibility of use during pregnancy (with caution)
- There may be a need for re-use for prevention
- Prohibition of admission to the age of up to 15 years and a strong sensitivity to the components of the drug.
A source: http://lekhar.ru/lekarstva/kostno-myshechnaya-sistema/artra-instrukciya-po-primeneniyu/
Features of the effective drug-chondroprotector Arthra
Diseases associated with the pathology of the musculoskeletal system are referred to diseases that result in a restriction of mobility or complete disability of a person. Long-term courses of treatment often do not bring the desired effect, but only weaken the patient's health.
Chondroprotectors are the basis of conservative therapy for such ailments, being natural metabolites that contribute to the restoration of the protective function of cartilage.
Arthra in modern pharmacology is the most popular and effective drug, reducing pain and inflammatory processes in the tissues of cartilage and preventing its subsequent destruction.
This drug refers to stimulators of cartilage tissue regeneration.
Arthra is a drug from a group of chondroprotectors of combined action, consisting of chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine hydrochloride.
The drug has a restorative effect on the cartilaginous tissue of the joints, improving their mobility and eliminating pain manifestations in degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the joints.
He takes part in the exchange-recovery processes of connective tissue and provides a nonspecific protective function of the cartilaginous tissue.
The use of Arthra stimulates the production of collagens and proteoglycans, suppresses the production of hyaluronidase, serving as protection of the cartilage matrix from enzyme degradation and damage by free radicals.
The components of the drug have a supporting effect on the consistency of the synovial fluid, normalizing its viscosity.[attention type = yellow]
The drug inhibits the activity of enzymes that break down cartilage (hyaluronidase, elastase), thereby promoting its regeneration and being a protection against destruction.
Arthra helps reduce the doses of anti-inflammatory drugs, helping to reduce their negative effects on the body.
Chondroitin serves as a substrate for the formation of cartilage, and glucosamine normalizes the production of the intercellular substance (matrix) of the cartilaginous tissue. The drug is concentrated in the cells of the liver, kidneys and articular cartilage.
Removal of the medicine from the body takes place unchanged through the kidneys and intestines.
Indications for use
Arthra is prescribed for such ailments:
- degenerative - dystrophic joint diseases;
- osteoarthritis of peripheral joints of 1 or 2 degrees;
- degenerative - dystrophic diseases of the spine;
- after operations on the joints;
- rehabilitation after trauma;
Note: the patient's feedback after the drug is available can be read at the end of the article.
Mode of application
The drug is designed to restore metabolic processes in the cartilaginous tissue, which is not easy. It is prescribed to persons over 15 years of age and adults 1 tablet or capsule 2 times a day for the first three weeks (21 days), regardless of the time of ingestion.
Next, the drug is drunk on 1 tablet (or capsule) until the end of the course of treatment. The persistent effect of treatment can be achieved after taking Arthra for at least 6 months. Between the application courses a break is made from one to three months, and then the course is repeated again.
Form of issue, composition
Arthra is a drug produced in oval-coated tablets, or in capsules.
One tablet or capsule contains active ingredients:
- Glucosamine hydrochloride 500 mg
- Chondroitin sodium sulfate 500 mg
- Excipients: cellulose, calcium sulfate, magnesium stearate, stearic acid, sodium croscarmellose.
Tablets are provided with an engraving "ARTRA" on one side. They have a salty-sweetish taste and a specific smell. Available in 120, 100, 60 or 30 pieces per pack.
Interaction with other drugs
The drug is well compatible with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and glucocorticoid discharge preparations.
As proved during clinical trials, long-term treatment with these drugs leads to a destructive effect on the cartilaginous tissue of the joints.
The drug Artra significantly reduces this negative property of the above drugs.
An increase in intestinal absorption (absorption) of tetracyclines and a decrease in the efficacy of the group of semisynthetic penicillins were noted.
With the simultaneous use of Arthra may increase the activity of antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants and fibrinolytics.
Usually this medicine is well tolerated by patients. Adverse events in Artra are slightly expressed and very rarely accompanied by cancellation of the drug.
Very rarely the following manifestations are possible:
- From the nervous system: slight dizziness (as a result of exposure to glucosamine).
- From the digestive system: minor disorders (pain in the epigastric region, constipation, flatulence, diarrhea) as a result of exposure to glucosamine.
- Allergic manifestationsin patients with individually increased sensitivity to glucosamine, chondroitin and auxiliary components of the drug (rash, itching, urticaria, Quincke's edema).
- Occasionally there are manifestations in the form of soreness or swelling of the lower extremities.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
The drug is not prescribed to pregnant or lactating women due to the lack of any data on the safety of its administration.
Use in Pediatrics
Clinically justified data on the effective and safe use of the drug Arthra for children under 15 years are absent.
Absolute contraindication for the appointment of Arthra are serious disorders of renal function, phenylketonuria and high sensitivity to its components (glucosamine hydrochloride or chondroitin sulfate).
It is relatively contraindicated or requires special care for the appointment of Arthra to patients with bronchial asthma, with a tendency to bleeding and diabetes.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored in a dry place with a temperature of 10-30 ° C. Do not store the drug in a place accessible to children. The drug remains valid for five years (from the date of its manufacture).
The average cost of this drug in various pharmacy chains in cities of Russia and Ukraine can vary significantly.
The cost of Arthra in Russian cities can reach
- 30 tablets (capsules)-800-900 rubles;
- 60 tablets (capsules)-1200-1400 rubles;
- 100 or 120 tablets (capsules)-2000-2100 rubles;
The average cost of this medicine in Ukraine
- 30 tablets (capsules)-750-900 hryvnia;
- 60 tablets (capsules)-1200-1400 hryvnia;
- 100 or 120 tablets (capsules)-1600-1950 hryvnia;
Due to the fact that each type of drug from the category of chondroprotectors has its own special method of synthesis and purification of composite components from unnecessary impurities, there can not exist an absolute analogue of this medicines.
The original preparation of Arthra, although extremely effective, however has a high cost, which forces many patients to buy cheaper analogs.
The closest drugs containing the same constituent components (glucosamine, and chondroitin) are the following drugs:
Nina Vasilievna, Krasnodar:
"I accepted Arthra on the advice of my doctor because of constant pain in the back. In the beginning there was a strong exacerbation, but I endured it. I started to drink this medicine courses. It helps me, the pain stops. It's only bad that the drug is too expensive for people like me, pensioners. "
Ivanna Stepanovna, Khmelnitsky:
"After two years of continuous pain in the hip joints began to take Arthra. Glory to you Lord, I feel fine, there is no return to the old. In addition to Arthra, I do not take anything for the joints, only I do a little exercise on the advice of the masseuse. "
"My doctor advised Arthur. I suffer from joint pain for about five years. Especially bad for me on weather changes in the winter. The joints are terribly painful at night, so much so that it's hard even for me to lie down.
Tell me how many injections I did and what tablets I took during this time, just one day is not enough.
He drank Artru and realized that at last I can cope with my illness. It's only bad that this medicine is so expensive.
In the pharmacy I was advised "Kondranov this is an analog of Arthra. I'll try it for now. "
Lyudmila Sergeevna, Tambov:
"I took Arthra for six months, as advised. I made biochemistry after that and made sure that taking the medicine did not bring anything bad to me. Arthra helped me a lot. Now I took a break, and again the pain began.
My friend takes this drug for five years and is confident that if he stops drinking it, then in the morning he just will not get up. So, thanks to Arthur. I wish everyone good health! "
"I have been drinking Arthra three times for six months. I endure a break only for a month, if more, I can not. I have suffered from diabetes for many years and its complications in the form of diabetic neuropathy. I feel unbearable pain in all joints.
After the first course, I began to feel much better, although I myself can go down and climb the stairs. Thank you Arthur. Nothing, that's expensive, it's worth it. "
Let us summarize what has been said about the peculiarities of using Artra:
- The drug belongs to the category of drugs-chondroprotectors, the main role of which is in the analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect on cartilage tissue and prevention of joint destruction with many de-geny-inflammatory diseases.
- Arthra is a combined drug consisting of chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine hydrochloride.
- The drug helps to reduce the doses of anti-inflammatory drugs, reducing their negative impact on the body.
- The main diseases in which this drug is prescribed are: osteoarthritis, spondyloarthrosis, osteochondrosis, spondylosis, polyarthritis.
- The drug is used for a long time, at least six months, according to the scheme: the first three weeks of 1 tablet twice a day, reducing the consumption of 1 tablet a day.
- Children under 15 years of age, pregnant and lactating women, the drug is not prescribed.
- The medicine has a minimum of contraindications and a minor number of side effects.
- The shortage of the drug can be attributed except that its high cost, which is justified by high technologies used in its manufacture and backed by enthusiastic feedback from many patients.
- There are no complete analogs of this medication. The most approximate in action and consisting of the same components are the following drugs: Teraflex, Konronova, Arthrotsels.
A source: http://spina-systavi.com/preparaty/tabletki/osobennosti-primeneniya-effektivnogo-preparata-khondroprotektora-artra.html