1Nutrition in the hernia of the lumbar spine
- 1.1General recommendations
- 1.2Water regime
- 1.3Without which it is impossible to do without
- 1.4Useful for hernia defects products
- 1.5What foods are harmful
2Nutrition in the intervertebral hernia of the lumbar region
- 2.1Why is diet important?
- 2.2The Importance of Vitamin Therapy
- 2.3Required trace elements
- 2.4What is needed for cartilage tissue
- 2.5Principles of proper nutrition
3Nutrition in the hernia of the lumbar spine
- 3.1Why change the food?
- 3.2The effect of excess weight on the spine
- 3.3How to eat properly
- 3.4Sample menu
- 3.5Prohibited food
4Proper nutrition with intervertebral hernias
- 4.1Hazardous food with hernias
- 4.2Useful products with hernias of the spine
- 4.3In addition to nutrition with herniated spine, you can use such folk remedies
5Nutrition in the hernia of the lumbar spine: principles and recommendations
- 5.1What happens during illness?
- 5.2Importance of a diet
- 5.3Principles of Nutrition During Disease
- 5.4Obligatory products with lumbar hernia
- 5.7Vitamin A
- 5.8Vitamin D
- 5.9Vitamin C
- 5.14List of Prohibited Products
- 5.15Sample menu for 3 days
6Diet in hernia of the lumbar spine
- 6.1What happens with the intervertebral hernia?
- 6.2What does the damaged cartilage need?
- 6.3Nutrition in the intervertebral hernia
- 6.4Vitamins with a hernia
- 6.5What foods should I eat?
- 6.6Approximate diet
Nutrition in the hernia of the lumbar spine
Pathologies of the spinal column cause serious trouble for the wearer.
If there is an intervertebral hernia - this is a constant pain and limited movement. Negative condition can be observed even in adolescents.
That is why a great place in the therapy of pathology is proper nutrition with a hernia of the lumbar spine.
Correction of the diet should occur immediately after the diagnosis is made. Since the steady progression of degenerative-dystrophic processes in vertebral structures will aggravate the situation.
The main points of proper nutrition:
- In the diet must be present different types of fish. Included in its composition are trace elements, amino acids, vitamins contribute to the coping of inflammatory foci in the cartilaginous tissue. It is they that provoke painful impulses in the spine.
- The maximum restriction is the products of white flour, sugar, coffee, strong tea. They have a negative effect on the condition of bone and cartilage elements.
- Correct formation and strengthening of intervertebral discs is promoted by such products as beans, cabbage, cucumbers, potatoes, wheat, raisins. Their presence in the daily diet is extremely necessary.
- The maximum filling of dishes with useful microelements and vitamins.
- Decrease in the total daily calorie content of the available excess weight in the patient.
- Observance of the foundations of drinking regime.
Adjust diet for people suffering from hernial defects in the intervertebral space is very important. Thorough revision of your favorite dishes together with a specialist will contribute to a significant improvement in your well-being.
Regulation of the water regime necessarily provides for a diet in the hernia of the lumbar spine. It is recommended to clearly differentiate habitual for a person drinks and purified distilled water. The latter is a vital element for the whole organism.
To habitual for the person to drinks it is customary to include any mixtures on the basis of a liquid - nectars, various juices, sorts of tea.
They do not make up for the patient's water loss at all.
While the specialists convincingly proved that the fragile cartilaginous elements of intervertebral structures suffer from the constant shortage of purified water.
Calculation of the required volume of water is strictly individual. The following parameters are taken into account: the weight characteristics of a person, his daily physical activity. On average, 2.5-3 liters are needed per day for each patient suffering from intervertebral defects.
In this case, the drinking regime itself is also very important - it is recommended to drink cleaned liquid between the main dishes. Otherwise, it will all go to help the processes of assimilation of products, without affecting the water balance.
It is important to take into account the climatic conditions of the patient's residence. For example, in hot countries people need even more liquid. Whereas patients from countries with cold climates may require a slightly smaller volume of water.
Without which it is impossible to do without
The bone-cartilage system of a person can not be fully built without various trace elements and natural vitamins - phosphorus, A, subgroup B, C, magnesium, calcium. That is why nutrition in the intervertebral hernia of the lumbar region must necessarily include them in the maximum volume.
The above elements can be obtained if you compose a menu correctly:
- vitamin A is located in the liver, various vegetables, as well as in fish and fruits;
- vitamins from subgroups B can be extracted from various by-products - kidneys of young rams, liver, brain, from all kinds of seafood, cereals - beans, barley, buckwheat and corn;
- production of vitamin D contributes to a prolonged stay under ultraviolet, but also in its products are quite enough - it is necessary to eat in the proper volume fish oil, butter and milk;
- in the majority of garden berries, fruits and various vegetables, vitamin C is in the required quantity, but most of all it contains greens;
- calcium in the human body is delivered with consumed cheese, nuts, liver, other offal, rich in beet and cabbage;
- magnesium in the proper amount can be extracted from cheeses, spinach, seeds, legumes, cucumbers and various nuts;
- phosphorus is an extremely necessary component for the entire cartilage-cartilage system, its cells are obtained from fish, cabbage, hard cheeses;
- To replenish manganese stocks it is recommended to include dishes with nuts, onion and cabbage, baked potatoes in the menu.
It is important to pay maximum attention not only to the availability of the above-mentioned vitamins in foods, but also to their optimal combination. This will help strengthen intervertebral discs and relieve the pain syndrome in them.
Useful for hernia defects products
In order to minimize the negative symptoms of pathology, a diet with a hernia of the lumbar spine should be observed by the patient throughout life.
Recognized by specialists useful products for vertebral structures - these are those in which there is a proper amount of protein and high-quality fats.
The protein in the diet can be not only an animal, but also a plant. Its main sources are eggs, all kinds of dairy dishes, meat, fish.
But vegetable protein is extracted from legumes, seeds, buckwheat and corn.
Fats that enter the body from the outside must be of high quality. They are available in oils, for example, olive or linseed, in fatty fish, nuts.
Calcium is a microelement known for its use. They are rich in cheese, cottage cheese, liver.
An excellent source of useful phosphorus is fish dishes, peas and bran.
We must not forget about the need to replenish manganese stocks, as well as magnesium - include spinach, bananas, cucumbers, potatoes, algae in a daily diet.
Maximum useful for hernia defects of the spine products:
- various fruits, especially apples and pears;
- a lot of berries - strawberries, black currants;
- green vegetables - especially spinach;
- all kinds of products from primary grinding flour;
- sour-milk dishes;
- legumes and nuts;
- fish, poultry meat, and also by-products.
Specialists nutrition with intervertebral hernia lumbar recommended low-calorie, but not strict. A rational and healthy approach is encouraged.
What foods are harmful
Not all foods will be useful for the human body, suffering from manifestations of hernial formations in the spine. Unconditional irritants are all acute seasonings and spices, alcoholic products and various preservatives. It is recommended to limit them as much as possible.
Dishes with a high content of animal fats should also be reduced in the diet, as they can stimulate the inflammatory processes in the cartilaginous structures.
In some medical recommendations, the list of restrictions is headed by sugar and flour of the highest grade. After all, during the heat treatment they lose their useful properties.
In modern meat products, for example, sausage, sausages, bacon contains a huge number of stabilizers. They, of course, enhance the taste parameters, but have an extremely negative effect on bone elements.
Restricted or completely excluded:
- drinks with added gases;
- various types of ice cream and jelly;
- sweets and confectionery;
- dishes with a high salt content;
- White rice;
- all shop smoked products, especially fish.
All of the above foods and meals can occasionally be present in the patient's diet. For example, on holidays. The main thing is to show common sense and understand what is the priority - getting rid of negative symptoms in the spine.
Nutrition with a hernia of the lumbar spine in itself does not cure the disease. This is only one of the important components of ongoing therapy.
But, adhering to the above principles of diet therapy, you can achieve a significant improvement in well-being.
Ideal option - a diet compiled by a specialist, taking into account the features of the pathology, the age category of the patient, his physical load.
A source: https://poyasnica.com/bolezni/gryzha/pitanie-pri-gryzhe-poyasnichnogo-otdela-pozvonochnika.html
Nutrition in the intervertebral hernia of the lumbar region
Diet in the hernia of the spine of the lumbar region is considered an obligatory part of the complex therapy of this dangerous pathology.
Extra pounds of body weight significantly affect the development of the disease, while some products contribute to the strengthening and regeneration of cartilaginous tissue.
In other words, proper nutrition significantly increases the effectiveness of drug treatment, contributing to the normalization of many processes and eliminating a number of provoking factors. Eating with disease should be good, but with certain rules.
Why is diet important?
Hernia of the lumbar spine is the destruction of the intervertebral disc with the extrusion of its nucleus beyond the vertebrae.
As a result of such pathology, the nerve fibers become jammed, which causes intense pain syndrome in the region of the waist and back, and limitation of mobility.
The etiology of the disease is often due to a disruption in the nutrition of the cartilaginous tissue, a deficiency of certain essential microelements and vitamins, which is caused by a violation of metabolic and metabolic processes.
A provocateur of such changes is often an improper diet, which does not ensure the supply of the right substances in the body.
Another important reason for the development of osteochondrosis, and then the hernia of the spine, is excessive body weight, which creates excessive loads on the lumbar spine. The factor of a set of extra pounds should be taken into account when compiling a special diet.
The Importance of Vitamin Therapy
Vitamins play a huge role in strengthening the body in any disease.
In the treatment of intervertebral hernia, it is necessary to highlight those that are capable of affecting the functioning of the musculoskeletal system.
Vitamins normalize the metabolism in the cartilage and bone tissues, promoting better absorption of nutrients.
This influence of vitamins is recognized in case of problems with the spine:
- Vitamin D. It is an important stimulator for the formation of bone structure. The greatest effect is fixed with simultaneous intake of calcium. It is this element that vitamin D helps to build into the formed bone tissue. On cartilage this vitamin does not have a direct effect, but, improving the growth of new bone tissue, helps to normalize blood supply. Its high content is noted in such products: butter, eggs, fish oil, milk.
- Vitamin A. This component is largely responsible for the tissue update, and therefore the process of regeneration is impossible without its active participation. The most impressive content of vitamin A in the liver, fish, eggs, fruits.
- Vitamins of group C and E. They are deservedly recognized as natural antioxidants. These vitamins are very important in extinguishing the impact of stressful situations. In the case of an inflammatory reaction, they are simply necessary. Vitamin C is rich in vegetables, fruits, berries, greens, citrus cultures. It should be borne in mind that it does not tend to accumulate in the body, and therefore it should be replenished daily.
- Vitamins of group B. Particularly stand out complex preparations of Thiamine and Pyridoxine. They are always recommended when there is an effect on the nervous system. They help to reduce the pain effect when compressing nerve fibers with a hernia. Vitamins of this group can be obtained by using the appropriate ready-made preparations, and in nutrition the best sources are: beef heart, liver, brain, lamb eggs, kidneys, fish, seafood, dairy products, mushrooms, oatmeal, barley, avocado, corn, soy, buckwheat, oranges.
Required trace elements
Strengthening of tissues in the affected area of the spine requires the receipt of a number of microelements. Such substances are considered necessary:
- Calcium and magnesium. Without them, the formation of new bone tissue is impossible, because they are important components of them. These microelements are responsible for the strength of bones. Sources of calcium can be milk and dairy products, eggs, fish, legumes. Significant content of magnesium is observed in honey, dried fruits, grapes, bananas, sea cabbage, onion, sunflower seeds, liver.
- Phosphorus. Bone tissue is impossible without this "building block". They can replenish the body by eating cabbage, salad, fish, soy, bran, cheese.
- Manganese. It is necessary for the normalization of cellular nutrition. The largest suppliers of this trace element are: egg yolk, walnuts, sea kale, potatoes, onions, celery, avian giblets, legumes, bananas.
What is needed for cartilage tissue
Herniated spine is characterized by destruction of intervertebral cartilage. For the regeneration of damaged tissue, one should take into account such recommendations in the diet:
- For rapid scarring of destroyed areas protein food is necessary. The daily requirement for protein is about 80-100 g. Its consumption must be distributed evenly throughout the day. This ensures the continuity of the regeneration mechanism.
- With herniated spine should strengthen the drinking regime. Water takes a sufficient amount in the cartilage composition, and it must be constantly maintained.
- A sufficient number of glycosaminoglycans is necessary for the process of cartilage reduction. These substances are contained in almost all products of animal origin. However, it should be borne in mind that they refer to indigestible food, and therefore it should be consumed in significant amounts.
Principles of proper nutrition
Diet in vertebral hernia has a gentle nature, i.e. does not require significant restrictions.
The optimal regime is frequent meals (5-6 times a day) in small portions. Dinner should end no less than 4 hours before bedding. In extreme cases, before going to sleep, you can calm down the appetite with yogurt, kefir or apple.
To keep to a diet it is necessary constantly, and the minimal term - 3-4 months. It is especially important to ensure proper nutrition in the hernia of the spine in the period of exacerbation of the disease.
At this time, the menu should include fish, with the most useful herring, salmon, mackerel.
When compiling a dietary menu, the list of prohibited and recommended foods should be taken into account. Such food should be excluded from the diet:
- bakery products made of flour of the highest quality;
- meat products after smoking or containing dyes, preservatives, flavor enhancers;
- ice cream;
- drinks with gas;
- pickles, marinades, ketchups;
- sharp and fatty dishes;
- White rice;
- alcoholic beverages.
It is essential to limit salt intake. It is desirable to get rid of such a bad habit, like smoking.
Among the most useful are the following products; apples, pears, Jerusalem artichoke, strawberry, raspberry, spinach, lentils, nuts, raisins, apricots, legumes, pumpkin, cabbage, fresh milk, yoghurt on the basis of soy, porridge, bran, bread from flour 2 varieties, fish and seafood, chicken, rabbit, turkey, jelly and gelatin (especially from tails), seafood with agar-agar content, eggs.
Supplement the diet can be folk remedies that have a positive impact on the development of pathology. It is possible to recommend such compositions:
- Sesame milk. It contains so much calcium that it is difficult to find an opponent on this indicator. The mixture is prepared in this way: 100 g of sesame flour is diluted in 1 liter of water with honey (1 tbsp. L.) and vanilla (to taste). Daily serving in the morning on an empty stomach - 100 ml.
- Infusion of yarrow. The plant is crushed (1 tbsp. l.), poured boiling water (200-220 ml) and infused for at least 45 minutes. It is used 3-4 times a day before meals for 20-25 ml.
- A mixture of radish juice (300 ml) and honey (200 g). It is infused in vodka or alcohol (250 ml) with the addition of table salt (1 tbsp. l.). It is taken orally 10 ml at bedtime and is used as a rubbing for the lesion site.
Nutrition in the hernia of the lumbar spine plays an important role in the conservative treatment of the disease. Many products can really help in the recovery process.
Other dishes can do harm, which means that their consumption should be significantly limited. The diet is not strict, but it increases the effectiveness of therapeutic effects.
A source: https://OrtoCure.ru/pozvonochnik/gryzha/dieta-pri-gryzhe-poyasnichnogo-otdela.html
Nutrition in the hernia of the lumbar spine
Nutrition with a hernia of the lumbar spine is an important point of complex treatment. In addition, it is an important part of preventing relapse after surgery.
Nutrition with a hernia should include the necessary calcium, minerals and a large number of vitamins.In this case, you need to exclude some products, and especially salt.
Even if the patient has a normal body weight, it is necessary to control it. After all during an acute period, motor activity is sharply reduced, sports are prohibited even in the form of therapeutic gymnastics, and the danger of gaining extra pounds increases.
Why change the food?
If a correct diet is chosen with an intervertebral hernia, the patient will be able to prevent the development of a pain syndrome in the lower back.
So, if you reduce the intake of salt and calcium, salt accumulation will not accumulate, the intervertebral discs will become thinner and they will no longer test the pressure of the vertebrae.
When the illness passes into an acute period, and the patient is prescribed a very inactive condition, exercises of medical gymnastics, especially with a hernia of the lumbar region, are not allowed. Therefore, patients gain weight rapidly, which only worsens the situation - extra pounds create additional strain on the clamped disk.
The effect of excess weight on the spine
A sedentary lifestyle leads to a person gaining weight.
At the same time, his spine is subject to overload, since the muscles that support him are weakened. As a result, the vertebrae begin to push the intervertebral discs.
Nerves are clamped, degenerative-dystrophic processes of cartilaginous tissue occur.
As a result, the pressure of the vertebrae flattenes, and then destroys the intervertebral discs. There are first lumbar protrusion, and then hernia.
Excess body weight worsens the metabolism, and therefore the cartilage nutrition is impaired.To prevent the development of complications in the work of the lower back, you must start to lose weight.
In this diet will help with a hernia of the lumbar spine.
How to eat properly
Nutrition in the hernia of the spine provides for improved metabolic processes of damaged tissues and does not allow for weight gain. Such a diet with a hernia of the spine will help alleviate the symptoms of the pathological process. Therefore, the basic principles of nutrition in vertebral hernia are:
- The ban on excessive food, the exclusion of fast carbohydrates, accelerating the set of mass. This point should be taken into account, even if the patient does not suffer from obesity;
- As much as possible rich in minerals and collagen products. They will help restore the cartilaginous loin tissue;
- Vitaminized food will help to quickly assimilate minerals and regenerate nerve tissue;
- It is necessary to reduce to a minimum the use of smoked, fatty and, most importantly, salty.
If a hernia is diagnosed in the lumbar spine, begin to lean on:
- Food containing calcium - milk and dairy, beef and poultry, cabbage;
- Food containing phosphorus - seafood, beans, beans and soybeans, greens, cheese;
- Food rich in magnesium - seeds, cheese, beans, spinach.
- Food rich in manganese - offal beef and poultry, chicken, eggs, potatoes, a variety of algae.
To strengthen the cartilage requires a variety of plant foods, giblets, eggs, milk, whole grains.Vitamins of group A are in carrots, fish and liver.
Vitamin D can be found in seafood, butter and eggs. Vitamins B - in oranges and lemons, giblets, mushrooms, fermented milk products.
Vitamin C is waiting for you in fresh fruits, especially lemons.
The most important rule is not to overeat at all. It is better not to eat up completely at all, because saturation does not come instantly.
If you control not only the composition of food, but also the amount of calories, you can alleviate the symptoms of lumbar hernia, avoid the appearance of its complications. It is very important to remember this if a surgical operation was performed.
After all, a hernia is one of those diseases that often return. To prevent a relapse, you should immediately think about your diet after the intervention.
To maintain an emotional background, you can sometimes afford a sweet. Better in the morning. And in no case is it inadmissible to abuse flour in hernia.
- Boiled eggs;
- Milk porridge;
- Fruit salad;
- Nuts or dried fruit;
- Dairy products.
- On the first - soups on beef broths, an ear;
- Seafood with rice or buckwheat;
- Cutlets from fish or beef;
- Algae with olive oil.
- Beef is low-fat;
- Stew mushroom or from vegetables.
Before going to sleep, you can drink a glass of kefir or eat an apple with a hernia of the lumbar region.
If there was a hernia of the waist, do not use salty, smoked, spicy. Excessive salt will necessarily become a factor in the appearance of salt outgrowths, which will further damage the intervertebral discs.
Salo and butter should be limited. Do not fry their food. In general, instead of frying, it is better to use steam to cook food, stew or stove.
Strong alcohol and beer also worsen a patient's condition with a hernia.
But you can afford at dinner or dinner a glass of natural, quality red wine.
A source: https://pozvonochnik.guru/gryzha/pitanie-pri-gryzhe-poyasnichnogo-otdela.html
Proper nutrition with intervertebral hernias
Correctly to organize a diet at hernias of a backbone is the first, than the person to whom this diagnosis should be engaged. Since one of the most common causes of spinal hernia formation is inadequate nutrition with the necessary substances of intervertebral discs.
The surrounding muscles and ligaments nourish the disks and remove the metabolic products. When the ligaments and muscles do not perform their functions well enough, the exchange of oxygen and nutrients decreases, the disks become excessively worn. First, osteochondrosis develops, and then a hernia is formed.
When this has already happened, normal nutrition of intervertebral discs can only be restored by proper nutrition and physical exercises.
Hazardous food with hernias
Below is a list of products that need to be limited, and it is better to remove all of your diet:
- High grade flour and sugar are absolutely useless products, because in the course of their industrial cleaning all vitamins and minerals are removed;
- Meat products such as: sausage, bacon, sausages, contain too many colorants, stabilizers, taste enhancers, etc .;
- Ice cream, carbonated drinks, various jellies, sweets, most flour products;
- The salt is deposited on the joints, in the bones, because the salt is at home in the dish, each time reducing the amount of salt;
- Also do not eat other salty foods: nuts, marinades, ketchups;
- Acute and fatty foods contribute to inflammatory processes;
- White rice, tomatoes;
- Margarines and spreads;
- All smoked products, especially fish from shops, it is processed in a special solution, and not smoked;
- Alcohol and cigarettes destroy the cartilaginous tissue of the discs.
Useful products with hernias of the spine
- Pears, apples, lettuce, ground pear (Jerusalem artichoke), strawberries, raspberries, spinach;
- Lentils, hazelnuts and other nuts, blue raisins, apricots with pits, beans, pumpkin, cabbage;
- Bread of coarse grind, bran, porridge;
- Fresh milk, soy yogurt.
- Fish (herring, salmon, mackerel), chicken fillet, rabbit meat and turkey meat;
- Gelatin and jelly from the ears and tails of animals;
- Products in which agar-agar is added is a substance that is made from algae.
- Chondroprotectors (cartilage protectors) are made from cartilage animals, because they effectively protect cartilaginous tissue and slow the progression of dystrophic changes in the joints and spinal discs. Treatment with such drugs usually lasts up to six months because the cartilaginous tissue grows slowly enough.
- Water! The cartilage is 85% water, so no juices, coffee, teas or compotes will heal your cartilage. Only water. About how much water during the day is important to drink, and what kind of water the body considers water, and what not, you can read here. Water should be warm, close to the temperature of your body. Do not drink juices on an empty stomach - this is a huge load on the pancreas and the first step to diabetes.
In addition to nutrition with herniated spine, you can use such folk remedies
- You can make sesame milk, which is far ahead of other products by the content of calcium. Sesame milk is made as follows: sesame washed, chopped in a coffee grinder, mixed in a blender 4 tablespoons sesame flour and 1 liter of water, adding honey - 1 tablespoon and half a vanilla for taste. Strain the mixture through gauze and eat with pleasure! Drink on an empty stomach every day for half a cup.
- Yarrow (tablespoon) pour boiling water (250ml) and insist one hour. Then the broth must be filtered and taken 20 grams before each meal.
- Take the juice of the radish (, glass) and mix it with pure honey (1 glass) and half a glass of vodka. Add 1 gallon of salt to the mixture. Stir thoroughly. Take before going to bed inside for 1 glass and rub this mixture on your back with painful spots.
Now you know everything about nutrition with hernias of the spine, this will allow you to feel confident in the process of getting rid of this problem.
In the next article, we will look at what exercises can be done with hernias of the spine, you can subscribe in the form of a subscription below to receive new articles, and each time a new article appears on this site, you will be the first to know about this:
A source: http://fitdeal.ru/pravila-zdorovya/zdorovye-sustavy/pravilnoe-pitanie-pri-mezhpozvonochnyx-gryzhax.html
Nutrition in the hernia of the lumbar spine: principles and recommendations
Nutrition in the hernia of the lumbar spine is an important element of the treatment and prevention of the disease.
Without dieting, achieving the desired result of treatment with medication and physiotherapy is quite difficult.
Only a competently balanced diet of a person will help to achieve the stated goals of therapy faster, reduce the main symptoms of the disease, and prevent complications.
Diet in vertebral hernia is an important component of treatment
What happens during illness?
Herniation of the spine in medical practice is commonly referred to as a disease associated with degenerative processes in the cartilaginous discs located between the vertebrae. In this case, the damaged intervertebral disc is compressed, loses its integrity, the contents go beyond the vertebra.
This phenomenon causes a number of unpleasant symptoms in the patient.
With a hernia located in the lumbosacral area, a person constantly has a low back pain, there are such manifestations as muscle weakness, limitation of mobility.
Over time, the symptoms of the disease are becoming more intense, there is a serious risk of damage to the spinal cord.
Importance of a diet
During a disease such as a hernia of the spinal column, it is extremely important to reduce the intake of negative substances into the body. Thanks to the correction of nutrition, it is possible to minimize the deposition of salts, slags, toxins and other elements that adversely affect all organs and systems.
The introduction of a large number of vitamins, minerals and other trace elements into food makes it possible to establish exchange processes, to repair damaged bone and cartilage tissues, to strengthen the general well-being of the patient and his immunity.
Another important aspect of proper nutrition is the normalization of the weight of the patient. Excess body weight negatively affects the course of vertebral hernia. In connection with all this, doctors and nutritionists strongly recommend to adhere to certain principles of nutrition during the disease.
Principles of Nutrition During Disease
Diet for a hernia of the spine is selected for each patient separately, depending on the body weight patient, his preferences, the presence of allergies to certain foods, lifestyle and work activities. Despite this, there are general principles of dietary nutrition, the retention of which provides a positive result, they include:
Rapid carbohydrates should be consumed in a minimal amount in vertebral hernia
- There are small portions, do not overeat. Weight control will help maintain body weight in the norm, eliminate unnecessary stress on the spine.
- Take food is recommended in small portions, 4 - 6 times a day. The last dinner should be a few hours before going to bed.
- You should abandon the products - fast carbohydrates. Such food will only lead to a set of excess weight, not bringing the body benefits.
- It is necessary to include in the diet a sufficient number of vegetables and fruits, preferably in raw form.
- An obligatory element of nutrition should be products that include minerals and collagen. Such food will contribute to the rapid restoration of cartilaginous tissue.
- It is important to abandon salty, smoked, sour, spicy dishes. Food with such rich taste qualities adversely affects the whole body.
Correctly compiled dietary table will help saturate the body with the necessary vitamins and minerals, prevent the destructive processes of bone tissues and intervertebral discs rights.
Obligatory products with lumbar hernia
Many people know that nutrition with a hernia of the spine should include in sufficient quantities an element such as calcium.
Indeed, calcium is extremely important for triggering the regenerative processes of damaged tissues, but this is not the whole list of necessary substances in the disease.
The following microelements must be present in the human diet:
Phosphorus is necessary for the normal course of metabolic processes of the body, helps a better absorption of calcium. Phosphorus in large quantities is found in salads, greens, liver, cabbage, coarse flour products, bran, cucumber.
This element is necessary for the normalization of hematopoiesis processes. You can get manganese by eating white mushrooms, hazelnuts, beets, garlic, peanuts, walnuts, apricots, pasta and other products.
Foods that are a source of vitamin A
Provides strength of bones, promotes good absorption and redistribution of nutrients in the body.
Vitamin A can be obtained from fish oil, chicken, beef, lamb liver.
In large quantities, the vitamin is found in Kalin, garlic, butter, broccoli, sea kale, hard cheese, chicken eggs, parsley, cottage cheese and many other foods.
It acts as an indispensable component for the normal functioning of the central nervous system. Vitamin is in the liver of cod, halibut, hard cheese, carp, fish oil, ket, black caviar, sour cream, egg yolks.
A very important element that provides normal regenerative and rejuvenating processes in the body. This important vitamin can be obtained from sweet pepper, citrus, peas, beans, greens, berries, cabbage.
Pyridoxine is important for the normal functioning of the central nervous system, promotes good metabolic processes in the body, assists in the assimilation of all trace elements supplied with food. The substance is found in products such as pork, beef, hard cheese, crab meat, milk, the heart of animals, seafood, dairy products.
vitamin B2 (riboflavin) in various products
The substance is beneficial to the body in all respects, with its lack, the human skin becomes dull, loses a healthy appearance. Riboflavin is found in brewer's yeast, rice porridge, fresh chicken eggs, liver, corn and some other products.
Thiamin promotes the restoration of all processes at the cellular level.
To saturate the body with such an important element can be, eating bran, sprouted wheat grains, sunflower seeds, raw oatmeal, black bread, buckwheat porridge, asparagus, spinach, dill, hazelnuts, beef heart.
Calcium is an important building block of the human body.
Without its sufficient intake into the body it is impossible to maintain a healthy growth and strength of bones and cartilaginous tissues.
Many calcium contain carrots, beets, raisins, dairy products, corn groats, cauliflower, nuts.
List of Prohibited Products
The diet with the intervertebral hernia, although it does not have strict limitations, still implies the rejection of certain products. From the diet should be deleted:
With vertebral hernia it is necessary to exclude or limit the use of harmful food
- salty, sharp, sour, smoked dishes;
- beverages containing caffeine (strong tea, coffee);
- alcohol, sweet fizzy water;
- food rich in fast carbohydrates;
- sweet pastry in large quantities;
- fatty grades of meat, fish;
- Milk and sour-milk products with a high fat content;
- fast food;
- White bread.
If the vertebral hernia can not completely abandon the prohibited products, it is worth at least to limit their use. Exclusion of harmful foods will allow the body to recover faster and cope with the pathology.
Sample menu for 3 days
To make a menu, patients are advised to seek medical help from a doctor. The expert will help to make a correct diet to ensure the best therapeutic effect.
An approximate menu with intervertebral hernias can have the following variation:
- Breakfast - a few boiled eggs or steam omelet, rice or buckwheat cereal in milk with a little added sugar or honey, fruit salad, herbal tea.
- For a second breakfast it is recommended to eat a small amount of nuts, raisins, fat-free cottage cheese.
- Lunch - a piece of baked fish, a little boiled potatoes, vegetable salad with herbs, natural juice.
- Dinner - vegetable stew, boiled beef meat, baked vegetables with a small amount of butter, tea from a dogrose.
- Before bedtime, nutritionists recommend low-fat yogurt or kefir.
Cottage cheese with fruit serves a good and hearty breakfast
- Breakfast - cottage cheese with fruit, fish cutlet, black bread, green tea.
- The second breakfast is muesli with fruit sliced.
- Lunch - salad of carrot and beef heart, baked fish with a side dish of rice, vegetable soup, juice.
- Supper - ragout with mushrooms, steam cutlet from low-fat meat, baked vegetables with herbs, weak tea.
- Late dinner - a sandwich of black bread with hard cheese, milk.
- Breakfast - buckwheat porridge with milk, salad of cucumbers and tomatoes, boiled chicken meat.
- The second breakfast - fruit sliced, a little biscuits.
- Lunch - a salad of fish liver, soup with seafood, cottage cheese with skimmed sour cream, bran bread, a dried fruit jelly.
- Dinner - cereal porridge, broccoli salad with cheese and greens, fish cutlet, natural juice.
- Late breakfast - low-fat kefir, apple.
The menu can be adjusted depending on the preferences and well-being of the patient. The diet can be made independently, the main condition is sufficient intake of microelements and vitamins necessary for restoring health.
A source: https://proods.org/pozvonochnaya/pitanie-pri-gryzhe-poyasnichnogo-otdela-pozvonochnika.html
Diet in hernia of the lumbar spine
Therapeutic diet is always an integral component of the therapy of any disease.
At the heart of the pathological process is usually a metabolic disorder, so their adequate intake into the body is important.
Rapid recovery from illness often rests on a properly selected diet. It should include not only the mode of eating and combining dishes, but also various combinations of vitamins and minerals.
Herniated disc is always the outcome of a devastating disease - osteochondrosis. This disease affects mainly men of working age, and in its mechanism is similar to any trauma.
Damage to the musculoskeletal system rarely causes people to change their diet, in contrast to diseases of the stomach or intestines.
And bone and cartilaginous tissues of the joints, in view of the slow recovery, require many nutrient elements for regeneration.
Therefore, after the transferred hernia of the lumbar department, caring for proper nutrition falls on the patient's shoulders. Consult a doctor about it, but recovery within a few months requires responsibility from the patient.
What happens with the intervertebral hernia?
The development of this disease always occurs against the background of the osteochondrosis of the spine - it is a complication of this long process. Gradual destruction of the cartilaginous disc under unusual loading leads to irreversible consequences:
- Osteochondrosis over the years transforms the intervertebral cartilage - in their outer ring begin to form cracks.
- The deformation of the whole spinal column breaks the stability, after which the load on the back is distributed unevenly.
- There is an excessive pressure on the front sections of the intervertebral joints, which leads to the displacement of the inner soft part of the disc back.
- This condition persists for a long time, if there is no significant burden on the lumbar region.
- Strong pressure on the front edge of the joints causes a rise in gravity in the tilt position. With pathological changes in the disk, one case is enough - and the outer capsule is torn.
- Through the formed defect, the inner soft core "falls out" - protrusion in the form of a hernia. After that, there are symptoms - unbearable back pain, which are caused by pressure on the nerve roots.
In our time, the process is usually interrupted by a timely operation - the removal of the hernia. After it comes an important stage - strengthening the joints of the damaged lumbar segment. Therefore, the metabolism in this department changes, which characterizes certain features.
What does the damaged cartilage need?
The intervertebral hernia is not exactly typical damage - recovery after it requires equal nutrition of all parts of the joint.
This is due to the excessive mobility of the lumbar spine - in addition to the supporting function, it participates in any movement of limbs and the back of a person.
Therefore, he is never at rest, unlike other joints - only in the lying position there is a certain relaxation.
Injury causes a sharp activation of recovery processes, but the nature of human nutrition can not always provide increased needs. For the regeneration of the intervertebral joint, not only nutritious, but also mineral substances are required:
- To quickly form a lasting scar from the connective tissue, you will need a high-calorie food that contains enough protein. And it is important to distribute meals evenly throughout the day to create continuity of recovery mechanisms.
- It is necessary to drink enough fluids, since water constitutes a significant percentage of the cartilage. It allows to improve the nutrition and tone of the intervertebral joint tissue, increasing its volume. Also, sufficient fluid intake removes slags that are formed as a result of damage.
- After a hernia, the injured cartilage is required to restore its components - glycosaminoglycans. These natural polymers are contained in any food of animal origin, getting there from the joints and bones. But in the human intestines they are poorly digested, so they should be in abundance.
- To strengthen the joints of the lumbar region, nutrition should necessarily include vitamins and minerals. They accelerate the energy processes in the bone tissue, which are necessary for its sufficient density and strength.
To create an adequate recovery after a hernia, all these substances must be included in the diet. It does not have to consist of the same type of food, as rehabilitation can last several months.
Nutrition in the intervertebral hernia
As after any trauma, the diet should be long, and also include all the necessary nutritional components.
Many adhere to the principles of diet therapy for a maximum of a month or completely forget about it, considering it an unserious exercise.
Although the correct diet is no different from physiotherapy, which speeds up the recovery process.
After fracture or dislocation, people rarely go to work for several months, but with a lumbar spine, rehabilitation takes no more than 3-4 weeks.
To maintain positive results and require the patient's consciousness - to follow the principles of the diet at least not less than three months.
In the opposite case, we can expect an early return of the disease, since the person returns to the usual working conditions.
Vitamins with a hernia
To strengthen the joints of the lumbar spine, not all these useful substances are required, but only strengthening the musculoskeletal system.
Vitamins for the spine improve the metabolic processes in bone and cartilaginous tissue, speeding up the flow of nutrient components of food there.
This is their value - to accelerate the mechanisms of regeneration:
- Vitamin D is involved in the construction of bone tissue in humans, so its inclusion in the diet is mandatory. It is effective not alone, but together with calcium, which it includes in the mineral part of the bones. They do not directly affect the cartilage, but the growth of new bone tissue improves the blood supply of the intervertebral joints. They begin to receive more oxygen and energy, which speeds up the regeneration process.
- Vitamin A in the human body is responsible for the renewal of tissues, so it should be used after any damage.
- Vitamins E and C are natural antioxidants, which causes their use during stress. The transferred operation strongly exhausts resources of an organism that does its subject to a various inflammation.
- Thiamine and pyridoxine - B vitamins - are indicated for any diseases of the nervous system. The hernia leads to pressure on the roots of the intervertebral nerves, causing their damage. Improving their diet allows you to quickly get rid of unpleasant lumbago in the lower back.
What foods should I eat?
Particular attention should be paid to the variety of food - all useful substances are contained in meat, but not everyone is absorbed from there.
Therefore, it is necessary to diversify the diet with various vegetables and fruits, which contain no less than "building materials" for cartilage.
The following products are rich not only in vitamins, but also in the components of the musculoskeletal system:
- Any meat by-products - lungs, kidneys, liver - contain more nutritious components than the usual meat tenderloin. Special attention should be paid to the jelly - this dish almost entirely consists of the basis of the cartilage, which gives it a jelly-like shape.
- You can eat cartilage, left from the bones, on which soup was cooked. If you use them at least once a week, useful components will enter the body in sufficient quantities.
- Dairy products contain a lot of calcium and phosphorus, as well as vitamins involved in their assimilation. Preference is given to non-fat kefir - it is better perceived in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Cooked chicken eggs have everything you need - building material in the form of protein, and vitamins rich in yolks.
- Fatty types of fish, such as herring and cod, contain a lot of vitamin D, and their meat is easily digested. But one should not use them in salted form - it's better to cook fish soup out of them. With salt, a lot of water is removed from the body, which is necessary for the normal tone of the cartilage.
- Be sure to include in the diet legumes - peas, beans, string beans. They are rich in all microelements, and also contain many plant proteins.
- All vegetables and fruits of "warm" colors have in the composition a lot of vitamin A, enhancing regeneration.
For the beginning, organize a diet - at least three receptions during the day, separated by equal intervals of time.
It is necessary to exclude snacks - they force to skip the next meal.
Food should be fresh, and also meet the necessary temperature - at work there are often no conditions for warming up.
The first dish is usually made soup on a strong meat or fish broth - the main source of "building material". In the second, attention should be paid to the side dish - it must be made vegetable. To do this, seasonal vegetables are used, in winter (if they are not available) you can limit yourself to buckwheat porridge.
A source: http://MedOtvet.com/drugie-zabolevaniya-pozvonochnika/dieta-pri-gryzhe-poyasnichnogo-otdela-pozvonochnika.html