The plant belongs to the bushes of the family of the olives.
Reaches a height of 5-7 meters.
grows on the territory of Europe and Asia in a temperate and subtropical climate.
Homeland is considered the mountainous areas of Asia Minor.
An important specification of
Europe was brought to Europe from Turkey and Iran in the 16th century by Venetian merchants.
Leaves are elongated oval in shape, pointed at the tip.
Flowers are collected in panicles. Blooms in late spring and early summer.
The fruit is a two-leafed box.
Application is mainly decorative, as a beautiful, odorous shrub. It feels good in the dirty, gassy air of big cities.
Procurement of raw materials
For the preparation of medicines use kidneys, leaves and flowers.
The leaves are collected at the beginning of summer during dry weather, and then dried on racks in a darkened ventilated place, spreading in a uniform layer 10 cm thick.
Drying time is 3 weeks. The first few days should regularly turn the leaves to dry them evenly and avoid the processes of scaling and decay.
And what do you know about the grass? Her medicinal properties are written in a useful article.
For the benefit of fresh carrots, read on this page.
Flowers are torn during flowering. Dry as well as leaves. The finished product is placed in sealed plastic bags.
Store in a dark, dry place. Shelf life 2 years.
In folk medicine, mainly flower-panicles and leaves, which contain the following substances:
- essential oils;
- vitamin C.
The whole composition of the plant has not yet been studied.
Therapeutic properties of
Drugs based on this plant act on the human body as:
- is bactericidal;
- is antipyretic;
- is a diuretic;
- is an analgesic;
At what diseases
The list of diseases in which the lilac has a beneficial effect is directly related to the therapeutic properties:
- diabetes mellitus( about the medicinal properties of the bay leaf is written here);
- kidney ailments;
- catarrhal diseases;
- menstrual irregularities;
- epilepsy( about treatment with a medicinal drupe written on this page) and others.
Are you sure that lovage and celery are the same plant? The answer is written in the current article.
For useful properties of horseradish colors, read here.
On the page: http: //netlekarstvam.com/ narodnye-sredstva /lekarstva/ produkty-pitaniya / oblepiha.html written about the medicinal properties of frozen sea buckthorn.
of juniper, application).
These dosage forms are used in folk and traditional medicine.
Lilac found its place in cooking. From fresh flowers, jam is prepared, which has a bright aroma of flowers, while it is useful and nutritious.
Flowers are also added to tea and other beverages, which improves taste characteristics and has a curative effect.
In cosmetology, flowers are used to improve the skin condition. Creams and ointments based on them increase the elasticity of the skin, smooth wrinkles, eliminate dryness, and also disinfect and clean.
Contraindications and caution
The use of lilac preparations is not recommended in the following cases:
- disrupting kidney and liver function;
- during pregnancy( use of radish) and breastfeeding;
- individual intolerance of components.
The plant is poisonous, so it should be used with great care.
Dosage should be observed and not taken for a long time.
When poisoning, symptoms occur: bitter taste in the mouth, nausea or vomiting, severe headache.
Mucous membranes and skin can acquire a bright pink color. Cramps and shortness of breath are possible.
Leaves and flowers have a high concentration of prussic acid, which is life-threatening, causing a cardiac arrest.
To avoid this, you must follow the precautionary measures and dosage of drugs.
If you have any side effects, consult a doctor.
If there is a suspicion of poisoning with internal application, then it is necessary to do a gastric lavage, having drunk a large amount of liquid and causing vomiting artificially.
Children are not allowed to use lilac.
Let's consider the main recipes of folk medicine developed over many years of using this plant:
Broth of kidneys with diabetes:
- for cooking harvest kidneys, cutting them off in early spring.
- Take 10 g and pour a glass of boiling water, cook for 10 minutes.
- Then filter and add boiled water to the original volume.
- Accepted for 1 tbsp.spoon three times a day for the treatment of diabetes.
The agent normalizes metabolic processes and blood sugar level.
Tincture colors for gout:
- for cooking pour half a liter can of fresh or dried leaves and pour them with alcohol or vodka.
- Insists 21 days in a dark place.
- Then strain through gauze.
- Take inside for 1 tbsp.spoon three times a day for a month, in parallel from the same tincture prepare lotions and compresses that are applied to the sore spot.
The product is effective for gout and purging of purulent wounds.
Tincture with laryngitis:
- for preparation take 50 g of fresh or dried flowers and soak them in 100 g of vodka.
- Infused for one week, and then filtered and diluted with boiled water at a ratio of 1 to 10.
- The resulting fluid regularly rinses the throat for the treatment of chronic laryngitis.
It is recommended for inflammation of the oral cavity and gums, sore throat and other infectious processes.
Tincture in joint diseases:
- mix 1 to 1 dried flowers and pure alcohol.
- Insist for 1 day and filter.
- Apply to a sore spot.
Relieves pain in joints and muscles, relieves stress and disinfects, penetrating deeply into tissues.
- for cooking take 1 tbsp.a spoonful of kidneys and flowers, put in a container and poured with boiling water.
- Insists 1-2 days in a darkened warm place.
- Take 1 glass three times a day, preheated to room temperature.
The product reduces body temperature, causes profuse sweating and serves as a diuretic.
In the complex is the destruction of bacteria and other pathogens, while the infusion also cleans the body in all directions.
It is recommended for colds, flu and inflammatory processes of the urogenital system.
Oil from flowers and leaves:
- for cooking you need 150 g of fresh flowers and leaves, respectively.
- They are poured with 1 liter of sunflower or olive oil and insist 1 month in a warm place.
- Once a couple of days, the contents are shaken or shaken.
- After the expiry of the term, the oil is filtered.
The agent rubs the diseased areas with sciatica, inflammation of nerve endings, neuralgia and joint diseases.
Fresh leaves of are a ready-made drug.
They are used for headaches and migraines, attaching to the head from different sides, where the pain is more intense.
- The crushed leaves are applied to purulent areas of the body and abscesses.
- They promote the maturation of ulcers and cleansing.
- The festering wound is prewashed with warm water and the leaves are applied completely, and then wrapped around the bandage.
Wounds are cleared and heal faster, while the lilac has a bactericidal effect, destroying pathogens and preventing the spread of infection.
Infusion with stones in the kidneys and inflammation of the genitourinary system:
- for cooking take 2 tbsp.spoons of finely chopped leaves and pour them with hot water( 250 ml).
- Insist for 2 hours at room temperature.
- After filter and squeeze through gauze.
- Accepted for 1 tbsp.spoon every time before eating for 2 weeks.
- Then take a break for 2-3 weeks and repeat the course again.
Infusion dissolves stones in the kidneys, destroys inflammation in the urogenital system and cleanses the body of toxins.
- for preparation, the leaves are dried and then finely ground. Prepare tea: 1 teaspoon per 1 glass of hot water.
- Insist for 20 minutes, filter and consume.
- Drink in cold and hot condition.
- prepare the tincture of flowers on alcohol in a ratio of 1 to 10.
Malaria disappears after 7-9 days with regular use of lilac tea.
With a calcaneal spur:
- Infuse the potion in a darkened cool place for 2 weeks, periodically shaking.
- Then strain through gauze and rub the sore spot during the day, and for the night prepare a tincture of compress.
Gradually the spur resolves, the pain disappears after the first procedures.
Lilac is useful, but at the same time a dangerous plant. In it, the high concentration of hydrocyanic acid , which if used improperly turns into poison. Do not abuse drugs based on lilacs, since the risks are too great.
Watch a video about the healing properties of lilac.