Various eye problems occur every year in many people of different ages. With hyperopia, a person clearly distinguishes objects in the distance, but reading without glasses causes him difficulty. Why does hyperopia appear, how to restore vision in children and adults?
- How to restore vision after 40 years
- Effective medications for recovery
- How to restore vision in children
- Exercises for the eyes
- How to get rid of hyperopia with folk remedies
How to treat age-related hyperopia Which glasses to choose for farsightedness: plus or minus? We treat farsightedness at home What eye drops with farsightedness improve vision The causes of dark circles under the eyes of women, how to get rid
How to restore vision after 40 years
Hyperopia (hypermetropia) often develops against the background of age-related changes in the lens - the muscles become weak, less elastic, which leads to poor eyesight. To treat hyperopia in adults can be with the help of eye drops and surgical intervention.
What surgical procedures are performed to eliminate hyperopia:
- Laser correction - one of the popular methods of treatment, surgery is not performed by persons under 17 years of age and over 45. This method is effective for treating pathologies of 1 and 2 degrees, to eliminate astigmatism. The main methods are LASIK, FRC.
- Eye microsurgery is performed with an intense deterioration of vision, when the long-sightedness exceeds 6.5 diopters. During the operation, the lens is replaced by an artificial element, or special phakic lenses are inserted into the anterior or posterior chamber of the eye. Lenses are designed to treat patients in whom the lens retained the ability to accommodation.
- Keratoplasty - during surgery correct the shape of the cornea by installing a donor organ.
The Japanese method of vision restoration - one of the latest developments in ophthalmology, allows you to fully restore your eyesight even with its complete loss. The essence of the method is the introduction of cells into the retina of the eye, which quickly take root, the vision is restored. The method is in the stage of clinical studies, in official medicine is not yet applied.
Effective medications for recovery
At the first signs of visual impairment, it is necessary to start medical treatment, which is aimed at restoring damaged tissues in the eye, improving nutrition and blood supply, normalizing metabolism.
Drugs for the treatment of hyperopia:
- Drops Taufon - contain taurine, the synthesis of which in the body with age decreases. The drug replenishes the deficiency of a useful amino acid, normalizes the metabolism in the tissues of the eye, triggers the regeneration process. The drug should be digested twice a day, the duration of therapy - 4-6 weeks.
- Vitamin complex Ofthan katachrome. Drops are designed to prevent the development of cataracts, which often occurs against the background of hyperopia. With regular application, the load on the eyes decreases, the tissues receive all the necessary microelements.
- Vita Vita iodurool - used to prevent cataracts. The medicinal preparation normalizes the processes of nutrition in the lens, contributes to the improvement of blood supply in the tissues of the organ of vision. The medicine is used to prevent the formation of protein clusters in the tissues of the eye organ.
- Quinax - a medicine designed to eliminate protein formations that are formed in the lens, preventing cataracts. Drops contain antioxidants, protect the eyes from the negative impact of external factors.
Restorative therapy with medicines is recommended by doctors every 4 months. This is especially true for people with a genetic predisposition, office workers who have to spend a lot of time at the computer.
Important! Select the medication can only an ophthalmologist based on the diagnosis. Self-medication can lead to the development of serious pathologies, serious deterioration of vision.
How to restore vision in children
Hyperopia in children occurs due to certain anatomical features of the structure of the organs of vision, sometimes accompanied by strabismus. The disease is hereditary, it can provoke frequent stress, dry and dirty air.
Hyperopia in small children of medium degree (up to 3 diopters) is a normal phenomenon, which is compensated by the reserves of the child's organism, disappears as it grows up. By 3 years, the child's vision should not exceed + 1.5 diopters. To identify pathological changes, you need to visit a pediatric ophthalmologist at 6 and 12 months.
Important! If by 6-7 years, vision is not normalized, the child's long-sightedness acquires a pathological character, requires correction.
The main method of treating pediatric hypermetropia - special glasses, with a high and medium degree of pathology, they need to be worn constantly.
In addition, several times a year, you need to conduct hardware treatment, which is aimed at stimulating the eye muscles. All the methods of therapy are absolutely painless, do not cause discomfort in young patients.
Exercises for the eyes
Physiotherapy is one of the main methods in the treatment and prevention of hyperopia. There are many different techniques for restoring vision, but they are all aimed at strengthening the eye muscles by alternating tension and relaxation.
Gymnastics in Bates's method helped many people restore vision without surgery, get rid of glasses and lenses forever.
Palming - a kind of warming the eyes with warm hands. The palms are well rubbed against each other, folded with a ladle, applied to the face - the little fingers should be located on the bridge of the nose. The eyes are closed, the muscles are completely relaxed. It is necessary to think about something pleasant, to represent various black objects before your eyes, to draw with a maximum amplitude the numbers from 1 to 9.
Before you leave the state you need to tighten your eyes several times, remove your palms, but do not open your eyes. Take a few deep breaths through your nose, exhale with your mouth, turn your head left and right 3 times, open your eyes.
Exercises to restore vision:
- Relax the organs of vision - a few seconds quickly blink. You also need to blink after completing each exercise.
- During the gymnastics, the back should be flat, the crown of the head should be clearly looked up, the head can not be turned. Each exercise should be repeated 4 times, at each endpoint, fix a look at score 5. Do gymnastics should be three times a day.
- Look at the subject at the top, look down.
- Look at the right shoulder, then on the left. The head remains stationary.
- Move diagonally - look in the upper right corner, move the view to the lower left corner. Make 4 repetitions in each direction.
- Draw a square, a circle with your eyes. Do 4 repetitions along the clock and in the opposite direction.
In addition to palmming and exercise, Bates recommends that while reading, focus not on letters, but on the white space between the lines.
Important! At the time of treatment, you must completely discard glasses, or use lenses with fewer dioptres.
How to get rid of hyperopia with folk remedies
At home, to eliminate hyperopia, you should regularly do gymnastics, give your eyes a rest every half hour while working at the computer. Some recipes of traditional medicine will help improve vision, but they need to be used in conjunction with medication, before consulting the doctor.
Tincture from the fruits of Chinese magnolia vine improves the general condition of the body, normalizes nutrition and blood circulation in the tissues of the organs of vision.
- Grind 30 g of fruit, pour 4500 ml of vodka, remove the medicine in a dark room for 10 days.
- Take after breakfast for 20 drops, you can dilute the tincture in a small amount of water.
Drink from carrot juice and olive oil contains retinol and vitamin E, which are necessary for good vision. Squeeze 200 ml of juice from fresh carrots, add 15 ml of oil. The entire dose of the medicine should be drunk completely before breakfast. The duration of therapy is 8-12 weeks.
Myopia can occur in people of any age, but most often the pathological changes in the eye tissues begin after 40 years. Children have physiological hypermetropia, which should disappear by 6-7 years. The main methods of treatment of the disease are eyeglasses and lenses for vision correction, eye drops, exercise therapy for the eyes and surgical intervention.