Pariet is a drug recommended for the therapy and prevention of recurrences of diseases of the digestive tract associated with hypersecretion of hydrochloric acid.
After the course treatment, the pH of the gastric juice returns to normal for a particular patient only after 1-2 days. Basal and stimulated secretion of HCl decreases regardless of the nature of the irritant factor.
Clinical studies have helped determine the conditions of 100% healing of gastric and duodenal ulcers: this is possible if the pH is kept at a higher level for 18-20 hours a day 3. In this regard, the effectiveness of antiulcer treatment is determined to a greater extent not by duration medicinal treatment, and the ability of antisecretory drugs to maintain the pH of the stomach above 3.
Therefore, in this case, the speed of the onset of the antisecretory effect and its duration comes to the forefront.
Clinical and pharmacological group
For the drug is characteristic antiulcer action.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much does pariet in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of900 rubles..
Form of issue and composition
The medicine is sold in pharmacies in the form of:
- Tablets of 10 mg, which are covered with a pink shell. When the cross section of the tablet is white. A medicinal preparation with a given dosage of 7, as well as 14 tablets in one package, is produced;
- Tablets of 20 mg, which are covered with a yellow membrane. When the cross section of the tablet is white. This medication is issued for 14, as well as 28 tablets in one package.
The main component of the drug is rabeprazole sodium. Additional substances in the composition are: magnesium stearate, mannitol, gray food inks, magnesium oxide, giprolase, ethyl cellulose, titanium dioxide (E171), carauba wax, talc, shellac white, ethanol.
The active substance of the tablet formulation - rabeprazole sodium, refers to antisecretory substances, benzimidazole derivatives. The component suppresses the secretion of gastric juice, specifically inhibiting enzymes-protein complexes functioning as a proton pump. This action leads to blocking the final stage of the production of hydrochloric acid.
The effect refers to dose-dependent, suppresses synthesis regardless of the stimulus. Antisecretory action occurs an hour after oral administration, lasts up to 48 hours. After cessation of treatment, secretory activity is restored in 1-2 days. Rabeprazole increases the level of gastrin in the plasma. The substance undergoes rapid absorption, the maximum concentration reaches in, hours.
Rabeprazole has a bioavailability of 52%. Suction is not affected by the time of intake and combination with antacids, but fatty food slows down absorption. The component binds to plasma proteins by 97%. Most of the dose of the drug is excreted in the urine as a conjugate of mercapturic acid and carboxylic acid, the remainder with bile in the form of a metabolite of thioether and dismetil.
Indications for use
According to the official instructions for use, the following indications are for Parietotherapy with a dosage of 10 mg:
- Heartburn, "acidic" eructation, other dyspeptic disorders due to increased synthesis of hydrochloric acid.
- Preventive therapy, including, and GERD without esophagitis.
To a doubled dosage (Pariet 20 mg) is used if the following conditions occur:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (maintenance therapy).
- Ulcerous and erosive gastroesophageal reflux disease or reflux esophagitis.
- Non-erosive gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Ulcerative lesion of the stomach (period of exacerbation) and ulcer of anastomosis.
- Peptic ulcer of duodenum (period of exacerbation).
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and conditions characterized by pathological hypersecretion.
- Eradication of Helicobacter pylori in patients with peptic ulcer (as part of combination therapy).
Pariet is contraindicated for use in the presence of the following diseases or conditions:
- Individual hypersensitivity or allergic reactions to active and auxiliary components of Pariet;
- The period of breastfeeding;
- Children under the age of 18 years for Pariette tablets 10 mg;
- Children under 12 years of age for Pariette tablets 20 mg.
The listed contraindications to the application of Parieta are absolute, that is, in their presence the drug can not be used, under any circumstances. In addition to absolute, there are also relative contraindications for Pariet tablets of each dosage, with the presence of which the drug can be used, but with care and careful monitoring doctor. A relative contraindication for Pariet 20 mg is the child age of 12 to 18 years, and for tablets containing 10 mg of active substance - severe renal failure.
Use in pregnancy and lactation
Data on the safety of the effect of the drug Pariet is not present on the fetal development of the fetus, and there is no experience of using tablets among pregnant women. Based on this, this drug is not prescribed for treatment of diseases of the digestive tract in expectant mothers.
Since the active ingredient of Pariet can be excreted in breast milk, therapy during lactation is not recommended. If it is necessary to treat a nursing mother, it is better to stop feeding the baby with a breast and transfer it to artificial nutrition with milk formulas.
Dosage and route of administration
The instructions for use indicate that the preparation Pariet is intended for oral administration. Tablets should be swallowed whole, not crushing and not chewing, and washed down with water, preferably in the morning before eating. It has been established that the time of day and food intake does not affect the activity of rabeprazole, however the recommended time of taking the drug promotes patient compliance with treatment regimens.
Standard dosage regimens for adults, depending on the indications:
- Eradication of Helicobacter pylori: 20 mg twice a day in combination with antibiotics. The course of treatment - 7 days;
- Reflux-esophagitis, erosive GERD: 20 mg once a day for 4-8 weeks, if necessary, the duration of treatment is increased by another 8 weeks;
- Supportive therapy GERD: 20 mg once a day, duration of application is determined individually;
- Non-erosive reflux disease without esophagitis: 20 mg once a day for 4 weeks. If after this time the symptoms of the disease do not disappear, it is necessary to conduct an additional examination of the patient. With maintenance therapy (after relief of symptoms for the prevention of recurrence) take 1 tablet once a day on demand;
- Symptomatic treatment of dyspepsia due to high acidity of gastric juice, including symptoms of GERD: 10 mg once a day, up to 14 days;
- Ulcer of anastomosis, exacerbation of peptic ulcer: 20 mg once a day. Duration of treatment - 6 weeks, if necessary, the course can be extended for another 6 weeks;
- Exacerbation of duodenal ulcer: 20 mg once a day. The duration of treatment is 2-4 weeks, if necessary, the course is extended for another 4 weeks;
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and other conditions characterized by pathological hypersecretion: the dose is selected individually. At the beginning of therapy appoint 60 mg per day, then increase the dose to 100 mg once a day or 60 mg 2 times a day. The duration of treatment is determined by clinical necessity, in some cases can reach 1 year.
Children over the age of 12 years with GERD are prescribed 20 mg once a day for no more than 8 weeks.
Tablets 10 mg
The drug is recommended to take 1 tablet 1 time per day in the morning, before breakfast, which will help patients to maintain a constant interval between doses.
In the absence of the desired therapeutic effect during the first 3 days of the course, it is necessary to undergo a specialist examination. The maximum duration of treatment without consulting a doctor should not exceed 14 days.
The list of side effects of Parieta:
- dyspeptic disorders;
- headache, drowsiness, weakness and apathy, sleep disorders, depressive conditions;
- fluid retention in the body, medicinal nephritis;
- osteoarticular and muscular pain;
- engorgement of the mammary glands;
- allergic reactions from hives to Quincke's edema;
- change in blood counts: thrombocytopenia, leukopenia;
- hypomagnesemia, up to the convulsive syndrome and disturbances of the heart rhythm;
- increase in body weight;
- increased hepatic samples;
- disturbances in the work of the visual apparatus;
- an increase in the temperature response;
- influenza-like syndrome.
According to practitioners' opinions, the medicine is well tolerated, and side effects are rare when taken. If the course of treatment is prolonged, it is additionally recommended to take magnesium preparations.
Overdosage of the drug Pariet develops only in rare cases and is characterized by an increase in the severity of the above-described adverse reactions. If the patient has symptoms of an overdose, you should wash the stomach, give to take activated charcoal or other sorbents, if necessary, conduct symptomatic treatment.
There is no antidote of the drug, hemodialysis is not effective.
Before you start using the drug, read the special instructions:
- Correction of the dose for functional disorders of the kidney or liver is not required.
- Improving the condition as a result of taking Parieta does not exclude the presence of malignant neoplasms in the stomach.
Against the background of severe functional disorders of the liver, the first use of the drug requires caution.
- Parietal therapy may increase the risk of osteoporotic fractures of the hip, spine, or wrist (mostly in patients who have been receiving the drug for a long time in high doses).
- If it is necessary to use high doses of methotrexate, in order to avoid an increase in its concentration and manifestations of toxicity, consideration should be given to the temporary discontinuation of Pariet.
- Simultaneous application of Pariet with drugs that reduce acidity (for example, H2-receptor blockers or proton pump inhibitors) is not recommended.
- It should be borne in mind that during the therapy the likelihood of developing gastrointestinal infections increases (for example, Clostridium difficile).
- In case of side effects in the form of drowsiness, it is necessary to avoid the management of vehicles and work with machinery.
- With long-term administration of the drug, or when combined therapy with digoxin or drugs, which can cause hypomagnesemia (for example, diuretics), before and during treatment should monitor the concentration magnesium.
- In rare cases, for at least 3 months of Pariet's application, cases of hypomagnesemia (asymptomatic or symptomatic) have been reported. Most often, these reports were received one year after the treatment. Serious disorders include tetany, convulsions and arrhythmia. In most cases, when hypomagnesemia occurred, treatment was required, which included the cancellation of Pariet and the substitution of magnesium.
It is not recommended the combined use of rabeprazole with atazanavir due to a likely significant reduction in the effect of the latter.
With simultaneous administration of rabeprazole reduces the absorption of ketoconazole by 30% and increases the absorption of digoxin by 22%. As a result, combinations of these agents may require dose adjustments.
When conducting studies on healthy volunteers, no clinically significant interactions of rabeprazole sodium with following drugs: diazepam, theophylline, phenytoin, warfarin, amoxicillin, clarithromycin, aluminum hydroxide and magnesium hydroxide (in form of gel).
According to the retrospective analysis and pharmacokinetic studies, the use of rabeprazole with methotrexate (mainly in high doses) is undesirable due to a possible increase in the concentration of methotrexate and / or hydroxymethotrexate (its metabolite). With this combination, because of the threat of exacerbation of toxicity of methotrexate, it may be necessary to temporarily refuse to take Parieta.
We picked up some reviews of people who used the drug Pariet:
- Boris. I have a chronic stomach ulcer. Disturbances are rare, but exacerbations are always accompanied by severe pain and discomfort. The doctor prescribed Pariet for relief of the acute process. Tablets are excellent in this help - for half an hour they remove all signs of discomfort and do not provoke side effects. Excellent medicine, I will take it.
- Elena. Her husband was diagnosed with an erosive gastroesophageal reflux disease and was told to be treated urgently, because the increased acidity of gastric juice threatens to develop into an ulcer. He began to take Pariet - drank six months, then checked. Analyzes showed that everything is perfect, but to fix the result, you need to revise the diet.
- Nina. Pariet is an excellent aid, but I agree that it is an expensive drug. On the recommendation of the pharmacist, he was replaced by Rabeprazol-SZ. It is slightly more expensive than Omega, but the effect is much higher and more convenient to take.
Structural analogs for the active substance:
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Which is better - Pariet or Nexium?
Patients are often asked whether they should take this medication or choose Nexium. In any case, the purpose of each of the medicines is carried out individually and has a direct dependence on the complexity of the disorder, laboratory indicators and patient characteristics.
At the same time, many experts believe that Pariet has a greater efficacy, quick action, which requires a small dose, and a smaller manifestation of side effects. As for the cost, both drugs are not cheap, which justifies their effectiveness.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug should be stored at a temperature of approximately 25 ° C in a place where pets do not have access, as well as small children.
In no case is it allowed to store the medicine in the refrigerator.
The shelf life of this drug is not more than 2 years.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.