Likopid - a drug, which contains a biologically active enzyme - glucosaminylmuramyl dipeptide.
Thanks to this active substance, the links of the immune system are activated, strengthening protection against infectious and tumor threats.
It has a wide spectrum of immunotropic effects. Charges the activity of macrophages, increases phagocytosis, enhances the antitumor ability of the organism.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much does Lycopid cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of320 rubles.
Form of issue and composition
Likopid is available in a single dosage form - oral tablets.
As an active ingredient, Likopid tablets contain glucosaminylmuramyl dipeptide (GMDP) in an amount of 1 mg or 10 mg. That is, there are two versions of the drug, produced in different dosages - 1 mg or 10 mg of active substance per tablet.
Despite the fact that Lycopida varieties differ from each other only in the amount of active substance, these are different preparations, each of which has its own peculiarities and rules of application. It is also necessary to know that Lycopid 1 mg is dispensed without a doctor's prescription, and Lycopid 10 mg is available only on prescription. Lycopid 1 mg is suitable for both prevention and treatment, and can be used for both adults and children from 3 years, and Lycopid 10 mg is intended exclusively for the treatment of adults.
Likopid is an immunomodulator that contains a complete synthetic analogue of a natural peptidoglycan. It is a biologically active repeating fragment of the structure of the cell wall of the microorganism. Getting inside the body, Lycopida triggers the immune system.
The drug increases the production of specific antibodies, T- and B-cells, increases the cytotoxic and antimicrobial activity of phagocytes. The active substance binds to the receptors, which are localized in the endoplasma of phagocytes and T cells, due to which the immunostimulating action of the drug is observed. In addition, it enhances the synthesis of interleukins, interferons, colony-stimulating factors, increases the activity of natural killers.
The drug has low toxicity. Its semi-lethal dosage exceeds the therapeutic dose of more than 4, 00 times for tablets of 10 mg and 10, 00 times for tablets of 1 mg. In experiments with oral administration 100 times higher than the therapeutic dosage, no toxic effects on the central nervous system, the heart, blood vessels and other vital organs.
The maximum concentration of the drug Likopid observed after 1.5 hours after admission. The drug is excreted mainly in the urine, the elimination period is 4.29 hours.
Indications for use
The drug is used in adults and children for complex therapy of conditions accompanied by secondary immunodeficiencies:
In adults (1 mg and 10 mg tablets):
- with pulmonary tuberculosis;
- with chronic infections of the lungs;
- with papillomavirus infection;
- with chronic viral hepatitis C and B;
- with psoriasis (including arthropathic form);
- with herpetic infection (including with ophthalmoherpes);
- with acute and chronic purulent-inflammatory diseases of the skin and soft tissues, including purulent-septic postoperative complications.
Lycopida for children (only 1 mg tablets):
- with herpetic infections of any localization;
- with chronic viral hepatitis B and C;
- with acute and chronic diseases of purulent-inflammatory skin and soft tissues;
- with a chronic infection of the upper and lower respiratory tract, both in the stage of exacerbation and in the stage of remission.
Contraindicated use of this tool in such cases:
- at manifestations of individual sensitivity;
- during pregnancy or breastfeeding;
- in case of exacerbation of autoimmune thyroiditis;
- in diseases that are accompanied by severe fever or fever (> 38 ° C).
In addition, for tablets 10 mg: children under 18 years.
Likopid tablets with a dosage of 10 mg should be used with extreme caution and strictly under medical supervision of elderly patients.
Use in pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, Lycopida can not be taken. During the period of breastfeeding is prescribed with the condition of stopping the natural feeding for the period of taking the drug.
Dosage and route of administration
The instructions for use indicate: Likopid is prescribed sublingually or indoors on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before meals.
- Adults for prevention of postoperative complications Likopid is prescribed sublingually 1 mg 1 time / day for 10 days.
- For the treatment of severe forms of purulent-septic processes of the skin and soft tissues Likopid is administered orally 10 mg 1 time / day for 10 days.
- For the treatment of purulent-septic processes of the skin and soft tissues of medium severity (including postoperative), Likopid is prescribed sublingually by 2 mg 2-3 times / day for 10 days.
- With pulmonary tuberculosis Likopid is prescribed by mouth 10 mg 1 time / day for 10 days.
- In chronic infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract Lycopid is prescribed sublingually 1-2 mg 1 time / day for 10 days.
- When the cervix is affected by the human papillomavirus, Lycopida is administered orally 10 mg 1 time / day for 10 days.
- For the treatment of psoriasis Likopid is prescribed inside at a dose of 10-20 mg 1-2 times / day for 10 days and then every other day for 10-20 mg for the following 10 days, with severe forms and a large area of damage (including with arthropathic form) - inside 10 mg 2 times / day for 20 days.
- With a mild form of herpetic infection, Lycopida is sublingually administered 2 mg 1-2 times / day for 6 days; in severe form - sublingually 10 mg 1-2 times / day for 6 days. With ophthalmoherpes, Likopid is administered orally 10 mg twice a day for 3 days. After a break of 3 days, the course of treatment is repeated.
Children aged 1 to 16 years Likopid prescribed in the form of tablets 1 mg:
- In the treatment of herpetic infection, the drug is prescribed by mouth at a dose of 1 mg 3 times / day for 10 days.
- In the treatment of chronic viral hepatitis B and C - inside at a dose of 1 mg 3 times / day for 20 days.
- In the treatment of chronic infections of the respiratory tract and purulent inflammatory skin diseases. Likopid is administered orally at a dose of 1 mg 1 time / day for 10 days.
Newborns with a prolonged flow of infectious diseases (including pneumonia, bronchitis, enterocolitis, sepsis, postoperative complications) Likopid is prescribed inside at a dose of 500 mcg 2 times / day for 7-10 days.
Lipopid 1 mg tablets can cause the following side effects:
- A short-term rise in temperature does not exceed 37.9 ° C (it is not necessary to cancel the drug and take antipyretics). This side effect is observed frequently and is noted in 1-10% of people taking Lycopid 1 mg;
- Increase in body temperature above 38.0C (you do not need to cancel the drug, but you should take antipyretics before normalizing body temperature). This side effect is rare and develops only in 0.01-0.1% of people taking Lycopid 1 mg;
- Diarrhea (you do not need to cancel the drug). It develops very rarely - less than 0.01% of people taking the drug.
Lycopid 10 mg can cause the following side effects:
- Pain in the joints (develop in 1-10%);
- Pain in the muscles (develop in 1-10%);
- A short-term rise in body temperature does not exceed 37.9 ° C (it develops in 1-10%);
- The increase in body temperature is more than 38oC (it develops in 0.01-0.1%). In this case, it is recommended to take additional antipyretic drugs (for example, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Nimesulide, Aspirin, etc.);
- Diarrhea (developing less than 0.01%).
Pain in the muscles and joints, as well as an increase in body temperature of not more than 37.9 ° C are usually observed when taking high doses of Lycopid 10 mg (20 mg or more per day).
Cases of drug overdose are unknown.
It is inappropriate to co-prescribe Lycopida with sulfonamides and tetracyclines.
The use of the drug Likopid does not affect the ability to perform work that requires increased attention and speed of psychomotor reactions.
With simultaneous application of Likopid increases the effect of antibiotics from the group of semisynthetic penicillins, cephalosporins, polyene derivatives, fluoroquinolones, there is synergy in relation to antiviral and antifungal agents.
Antacids and adsorbents with simultaneous application with Likopid significantly reduce its bioavailability.
SCS with simultaneous application reduces the effectiveness of Lycopida.
We picked up some reviews of people taking Likopid:
- Marina. I have already drunk twice the course of the drug Likopid, in order to prevent cystitis and everything is fine with me. And at the time of reception I felt good. Immunomodulator activates the natural defense mechanisms of the body and therefore even in such a rainy summer I do not get sick.
- Olga. I have two children. The elder is constantly ill. The kindergarten goes to several days a month. The younger begins to be ill. All in a vicious circle. I tried almost all immunomodulators, bought even the most expensive ones. The elder went to the first class, I thought that we will not study. I started to read medical literature and realized that almost all drugs of this type are almost useless in our case, because herpes was found in the blood. The only drug that helped us Lycopid. Only 2 courses in the summer and in the winter we have never encountered a cold!
- Eugene. We waited all summer, but I was worried. because of cystitis, because at this time he often became aggravated. So thanks to the fact that now I accept Likopid courses about this misfortune forgot. And the problem was that the immunity was weak, it was necessary to help the body to activate natural protection.
To preparations of similar action it is possible to carry:
- Cycloferon and the like
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Likopid is suitable for use within 5 years from the date of manufacture. Use after the end of this period is prohibited. Proper storage of immunostimulant:
- dry place, protected from the sun;
- out of children's access;
- temperature up to 25 degrees.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.