Vitamin C for colds: ascorbic acid in shock dose
Vitamin C is the only active isomer of ascorbic acid. At the same time, L-ascorbic acid is a water soluble compound, and the human body does not produce or accumulate vitamin C.
That is why it is important to have in your daily diet foods that contain this vitamin.
The substance acts on the body for about 14 hours, then the useful characteristics become much weaker. Excess of the vitamin leaves the body together with ammonia.
The properties of vitamin C
Ascorbic acid has the following features:
- improves the condition of the gums, teeth, bone tissue, positively affecting the vessels.
- Heals fractures and wounds; improves the skin, stops vitamin deficiency, scurvy and iron deficiency.
- increases immunity, reduces the likelihood of complications for flu and colds,
- one of the key antioxidants for the human body.
The human need for vitamin C is strictly individual and is determined by:
- climatic conditions,
- bad habits.
A person especially needs vitamin C for flu, colds, stress, fever and against the background of toxic effects.
Under conditions of extreme temperatures or staying in the northern or southern climate, a person should take 30-50% more vitamin C. The younger the person, the better his body absorbs vitamins, so the need for these substances in the elderly is much higher.
It has already been proven that taking oral contraceptives reduces the level of vitamin C in the body, so the daily dose should be increased.
Average daily doses:
- physiological norm: 60-100 mg.
- Therapeutic dose daily: 500-1500 mg.
Dosage of vitamin C per day can be divided into several parts and taken throughout the day.
As you know, the human body quickly spends incoming vitamin C, so you should constantly maintain its concentration.
Ascorbic acid for colds and fluVitamin C has become a common preventive and curative remedy for colds since the 1970s. During this period, the work of Dr. Pauling gained popularity.
In those years, Nobel laureate Pauling advised vitamin C for colds to consume 1000 mg daily. In the same amount, the scientist recommended using the substance for the prevention and improvement of general well-being.
An international non-profit organization that studies the effectiveness of medicines, the Cochrane Collaboration, reported that, according to the results recently conducted a meta-analysis of 30 studies, daily (200 mg or more) intake of vitamin C for flu and cold helps reduce symptoms and reduce the duration disease.
In addition, the studies provided an opportunity to learn that with daily intake of vitamin C, the likelihood of a cold is reduced by 50%. These results are especially important for the following people:
- experiencing strong physical stress (for example, marathon participants).
- long staying at low temperatures.
The human body needs ascorbic acid more often than in other vitamins. This is due to the fact that with flu and cold, vitamin C creates an acidic environment in the body in which viruses can not fully exist.
For preventive purposes, doses of 5 mg (3-4 tablets) per day are used. With flu and cold, a shock dose of ascorbic acid - 1 mg, that is, 20 tablets per day is indicated.
Contents in food products
Ascorbic acid in large quantities is found in such types of products:
- citrus fruits,
- leaf vegetation.
Vitamin C is contained in:
- different types of cabbage,
- Bulgarian pepper,
- baked in the "uniform" potatoes,
- black currant.
Herbs have a large volume of ascorbic acid, alfalfa, mullein, eye, peppermint, burdock root, fennel, hops, nettle, red clover, parsley, red pepper, yarrow, raspberry leaves.
To fill the missing substances for cold and flu, you can also eat sorrel, and drink broth from the hips, but vitamins for colds are an unquestionable part of complex treatment.
Indications and contraindications
As an additional therapy, ascorbic acid is indispensable in hypo- and avitaminosis. A high demand for vitamin C occurs when:
- active growth of the body,
- pregnancy and lactation,
- increased physical stress,
- during recovery from a serious illness,
- in the winter season, when there is a high risk of contracting infectious diseases,
- with intoxication.
Limiting the intake of vitamin C is necessary for people who are hypersensitive to ascorbic acid. Video in this article will tell in detail about the phenomenon of vitamin C.
Vitamins for flu and cold: a list of effective vitamins
As soon as autumn begins, many of our compatriots immediately begin to suffer from a decline in strength, a cold.
If the weather is damp, viruses are activated, provoking the development of acute respiratory infections and flu.
In order not to be ill, you should systematically maintain your immune system with vitamins. Even if a person is already sick, taking vitamin complexes will greatly accelerate the process of recovery.
How do vitamins work?Thanks to the use of higher doses of vitamin C at the very beginning of the disease, you can reduce the risk of its further aggravation and the development of complications. Ascorbic acid stimulates the ability of the human body to secrete leukocytes and interferons.
It is possible to create an acidic environment, detrimental to the activity of viruses, to prevent the penetration of their particles into cells.
Vitamin C is often included in the composition of popular combination antiviral medicines. Saturate the body with ascorbic can, if you eat vegetables, berries and fruits, extraordinarily rich in this vitamin:
- sweet Bulgarian pepper;
- black currant;
- infusions, decoctions of rose hips.
Scientific research has shown that under the condition of preventive use of vitamin D, the susceptibility of the body to respiratory ailments can be reduced, and diseases of the upper respiratory tract can be reduced. Another important feature is the prevention of resistance to antibiotics.
Important for influenza, cold and mineral substances, for example, zinc. It is characterized by antioxidant properties, blocks the destruction of cell membranes, the ability of rhinoviruses to multiply. Due zinc activates the activity of the protein of the immune system, the symptomatology of the disease softens. The substance is present in nuts, seeds, beans.
Take vitamins should be in higher dosages, because they are quickly washed away with a plentiful drink.
Modern pharmacology offers just a huge selection of vitamin preparations. Vitamins for colds should be chosen such:
- Will direct. This special complex contains vitamin A, ascorbic acid, zinc and natural extracts of plants. It increases resistance to viruses during the exacerbation of seasonal diseases, will accelerate the process of recovery from influenza. It is recommended to take 1-3 tablets a day;
- vitamin C (effervescent). Convenient in use, produced in a dose of 1000 mg. You can drink it once a day;
- Teraflu Immuno. It consists of ascorbic acid, zinc, extract of echinacea. Produced in the form of a powder that does not provide for preliminary dissolution (it should be poured immediately into the mouth). Effectively prevents colds and can be prescribed to relieve it;
- Multi-tabs Immuno Plus. The complex helps to strengthen the body and will become an excellent preventive measure of viral diseases. It contains lactic acid bacteria, which are responsible for stimulating the production of immunoglobulins. You can take it once a day for a month;
- Sambucol Immuno forte. This biological supplement is made of zinc, vitamin C, black elderberry extract. The latter component increases immunity, protects cells from viruses, and is characterized by anti-inflammatory action. Produce it in the form of a solution, which is useful to add in teas to obtain a therapeutic drink. It is also provided for mixing it with mineral water for a refreshing drink. Allowed to give to children who are older than 6 years.
What will help people's ways?Organically complement the treatment and alternative medicine. Folk remedies are good at curing colds, they are effective for flu, but on the condition of a competent approach, and in parallel, it is necessary to clarify which antibiotics to take when taking Orvi and the flu
So, it is very useful during the illness to drink plenty of fluids. It can be not just water, but also vitamins rich in fruit juices, fruit and black currant kissels, cranberries, cranberries, herbal teas. Drinks quench a constant thirst caused by high body temperature, saturate the patient's body with the necessary substances.
Against the cold will help the vitamin composition, made from natural butter and boiled milk. The resulting mixture is drunk 6 times a day.
Perhaps, the economical option of treatment will be the use of lemons. They should be ground with a meat grinder, season with 150 g of sugar or 100 g of honey. Use this homemade medicine should be 5-6 times a day for 1 tablespoon.
If you include effective vitamins in your food, then with the flu and during the cold they will become the key to a quick recovery. Pay attention to:
- garlic. Phytoncids kill microbes, viruses, not allowing them to multiply. Garlic can be used for inhalation;
- sea buckthorn. Contains almost all known vitamins, actively fighting viruses. Treat colds with warm sea-buckthorn fruit drinks;
- black currant. Berry can be safely called the leader in the content of ascorbic acid. It has an anti-inflammatory and immunomodulating property. Currant relieves fatigue, tones, strengthens the heart muscle, restores fat metabolism. Dry leaves of the bush are brewed as tea, and the berry itself is twisted in a meat grinder and covered with sugar in a proportion of 1 to 1;
- raspberries. A well-known source of vitamins, minerals. A natural antioxidant and antibiotic during the cold removes inflammation, kills viruses, bacteria. You can use raspberries in any form;
- cranberry. Contains vitamins E, A, K, C, minerals, microelements. It is recommended to use fresh.
In order not to ache, it is necessary to saturate the body with vitamins not only during seasonal diseases, but also throughout the year, as the expert in the video in this article authoritatively tells.
Vitamin C and cold treatment
At the first signs of a cold, many people are after vitamin C with supplements. For a long time it was thought that vitamin C very well helps to cure a cold. Then there were studies in which it was said that vitamin C for the treatment of colds is harmful. Some doctors say that vitamin C does not affect the common cold at all. In what the truth?
What is vitamin C?
Vitamin C was first recommended for colds in 1970. But, despite its widespread use, experts say that there is very little evidence that vitamin C really affects the treatment of colds.
Vitamin C is a vitamin and an antioxidant that the body uses to make you strong and healthy. Vitamin C is used to support the condition of bones, muscles and blood vessels. Vitamin C also promotes the formation of collagen and helps the body absorb iron.
Vitamin C is found in vegetables and fruits, especially oranges and other citrus fruits. This vitamin is also available as a natural nutritional supplement in the form of chewable tablets or other forms.
Vitamin C is very good for preventing colds, so we strive to take it in large quantities with foods such as vitaminized juices, teas and fruits.
Can vitamin C prevent or treat symptoms of a cold?
Vitamin C has been studied for many years as a possible treatment for the common cold or as a way to prevent colds. But the results were contradictory. In general, experts almost did not find the benefit of vitamin C in the prevention or treatment of colds.
In July 2007 the researchers wanted to find out if taking 200 mg or more of vitamin C per day could reduce the frequency, duration and severity of the common cold. After 60 years of clinical research, they found that vitamin C supplements almost do not make the cold less or shorter in duration. If vitamin C is taken daily, the duration of the common cold can be reduced by 8% in adults and 14% in children.
But the researchers found that vitamin C has the greatest impact on people who are in extreme conditions, for example, marathon runners. In this group, taking vitamin C reduces the risk of catching a cold twice.
So, what does all this mean?
The average adult who suffers from a cold for 12 days a year will suffer from it 11 days a year, if this person received high doses every day during the year vitamin C.
For an average child who suffers about 28 days a year from a cold, this means that daily intake of high doses of vitamin C will shorten the duration of the cold to 24 days per year.
When vitamin C was tested for cold treatment in 7 separate studies, it was found that vitamin C for cold treatment is no more effective than placebo.
Is vitamin C safe?
Vitamin C can be taken with confidence with sources such as fruits and vegetables. For most people taking vitamin C in recommended amounts, it is safe. The recommended daily allowance is 90 mg for men and 75 mg for women. High doses of vitamin C (more than 2000 mg per day for adults) can cause complications such as kidney stones, nausea and diarrhea.
Taking more than 500 mg of vitamin C at one time will not do any good, because the body can not keep it. In addition, anyone with kidney disease should avoid vitamin C with supplements. If you can not decide on the doses of vitamin C for colds, talk with your doctor.
The greatest benefit from the increased amount of vitamin C is obtained by people with vitamin C deficiency, as well as highly qualified athletes and military personnel. Studies conducted with groups of athletes and military personnel who are in very good physical form and experience in extreme conditions, showed that taking vitamin C reduces the risk colds by 50%. However, these results were not known to the general public.
Vitamin C for immunity against colds
If you want to take vitamin C to help your immune system, it's best to get it with foods instead of supplements. Foods high in vitamin C include:
- Citrus fruits and juices
- Green and red pepper
- Dark green
- Sweet potatoes and white
- Raspberries, blueberries and cranberries
- Brussels sprouts
- A pineapple
So, whether to use vitamin C in the treatment of colds, it's up to you and your doctor. In any case, the intake of fruits and vegetables, as well as vitamin supplements during the cold season, will add to you health, and your immune system - sustainability.
Antiviral means of fast action
Colds can overtake each of us when it is completely unacceptable to get sick. When you want to be as focused and full of energy as you can, suddenly begins to flow from your nose, to stifle your throat. They are followed by sneezing, cough, accompanied by weakness, high fever. In this situation, urgent measures are required. A cold remedy will put you on your feet in time.
How to quickly cure a cold at home
The key to quick healing is the application of all necessary measures at the first alarm bell. If the disease has arisen for obvious reasons, due to inattention to immunity or hypothermia, and the symptoms are not exposure to the influenza virus, you can use the following tips on home treatment and cold remedies actions.
- Measure the temperature. If the mark on the scale did not reach 38 degrees, then antipyretics for colds should not be drunk.
- Vitamin C. At the onset of the disease, a large dose of ascorbic acid will be an effective aid to the body for colds for a speedy recovery. The best option is an effervescent vitamin - quickly absorbed and warms. Five oranges a day will be a natural alternative to pills or capsules and will help to cure colds.
- Drink plenty of water, tea, compotes, fruit drinks. They must necessarily be warm, it will help to remove toxins, which is important for a cold.
- As much as possible sleep. After drinking a warm drink and climbing under the blanket, putting on warm socks and clothes, sleep as much as possible. Sweating with sleep is an important element of recovery for a cold. Better to comply with hospital bed rest. The room should be often ventilated.
- Warm up. If the heat is not observed, you can get your feet stuck and take a hot shower.
- Take the vitamins. Such support will be useful to the body for colds. It's best if he gets it from fruit, but if it's not possible, they should replace the dragee from the pharmacy.
- Medicines for the treatment of colds. Suitable funds for a cold flu, sold in the form of diluted teas, powders, which should be poured into hot water. Within a day it is permissible to use three or four such bags, but the course should not last more than three days. Powders from cold with "Paracetamol" reduce temperature, eliminate chills, have anti-inflammatory effect. The treatment will help immunostimulating drugs. Antiviral medications for colds and influenza contribute to the destruction of the infection. If the disease drags on, go to the injections of the antibiotic.
- Remedies for a cold, cough and sore throat. If the sky hurts, then you can choose either candy, or potions, solutions for rinsing and spraying. With a runny nose will help to cope with drops, among which it is better to choose not powerful vasoconstrictors, but medicines that have grasses in their composition. A solution of sea salt will be useful for washing the nose. With a cold, sputum is often not produced, therefore, the usual cough stopping means will suffice. If sputum in the bronchi still appeared, you should use the means that withdraw it.
- Consumption of liquid. Warm tea, compote or juice contribute to perspiration and recovery, while toxins are eliminated, preventing the body from fighting a cold. Ordinary water will not be the most optimal means, and carbonated drinks will not help recovery. Drink follows as much as you feel necessary, not overpowering yourself.
- Vodka. Alcohol should be slightly warmed and rub it all over the body. This tool will help to quickly remove heat.
List of the best drugs for influenza and colds of a new generation
Today, several classes of drugs are recommended:
- Arbidol, Oseltamivir, Amiksin, Viferon, Otsilokoktsinum, Ingavirin, Kagocel, Anaferon (antiviral).
- "Teraflu "Koldreks "Ferveks "Antigrippin "Grippferon "Anvimax" (febrifuge and relieve the pain in the throat, against the flu and ARVI)
- "Acetylcysteine "Ambroxol "Bromgexin "Carbocysteine" (expectorants)
- "Butamirat "Glaucin "Prenoxdiazin "Ledvropropizin" (means for dry coughing).
- "Paracetamol "Ibuprofen "Aspirin" (antipyretic drugs).
- Drops on the basis of xylometazoline, naphazoline (vasoconstrictive in the common cold).
Overview of fast-acting remedies against colds on the lips
Colds that occur on the lips are often herpes - the Herpes Simplex virus, which is found in 95 percent of the world's population. Once in the body, it exists unnoticed and "turns on" when the human body is weakened by hypothermia, lack of vitamins, nutrients or other diseases. There are many effective ointments for fighting herpes. These funds should be applied to the affected areas of the cold several times a day, the course - no more than 5 days.
Do not use your fingers when applying the product because of the risk of transferring the virus to another location. Among the common names of ointments for colds in the ranking of the best can be noted "Acyclovir "Gerpferon "Zovirax "Gerpevir". The main active substance in them is acyclovir, which prevents the reproduction of the virus. There are ointments based on tromantadine, such as Viru-Merz.
What antiviral drugs can children take?
When a child develops symptoms of ARVI and if for some reason the doctor is not available, measures should be taken to fight the disease in order to avoid complications. If after all simple means have been tested, the disease does not recede, you will have to resort to antiviral drugs, but only those that are specifically designed for children. Acceptable are "Tamiflu "Remantadin "Relenza "Amantadine".
If the bronchitis occurs in infants, then "Ribavirin" will help, and if the child's body is weakened or have heart problems, the Sinagis remedy will be the best choice. "Tamiflu" is acceptable for children at the age of one year, tablets from the flu "Arbidol" can be given from three years. "Interferon" for the solution is used at any age, like homeopathic preparations, such as Aflubin, Anaferon, Otsilokoktsinum. To lower the body temperature, "Paracetamol" or syrups "Nurofen "Ibuprofen" are suitable.
Effective folk remedies and herbs
- Blackberry tea. Grind the dried leaves of blackberries (1 tablespoon), pour boiling water, after a couple of hours strain. Drink 30 minutes before eating. A good remedy against coughing.
- Herbs (cough remedy). One tablespoon of leaves of wild strawberry, raspberries, three tablespoons of blackberry leaves, a dry shredded violet tricolor (1 tsp). All this must be mixed, use a tablespoon of the composition for a glass of boiling water, let it brew in a closed form for half an hour, drain. Reception: a couple of times a day by a glass.
- Potatoes. This vegetable will help bring down the temperature. Rub two raw potatoes on a grater, mix with a tablespoon of vinegar (apple). Use the mixture to make compresses on the forehead.
- Kalina and honey. A mild remedy for colds and colds. Mix one tablespoon of viburnum juice and honey, take half an hour before meals.
- Nettle, sage and Schisandra. Herbal collection is good for colds and flu. Mix dry crushed nettle leaves (3 tablespoons), as many shoots of Chinese magnolia and sage (1 tablespoon). Pour a teaspoon of the composition with a glass of boiling water, after a couple of hours strain. Reception: one glass in the morning and evening. If desired, you can add honey.
What means is inexpensive and effective for the prevention of colds
Very often a cold in an adult appears as a result of a weakening of the immune system. The impact of external factors, malnutrition, lack of vitamins can lead to loss of effectiveness of the immune system and increase the likelihood of entry into the body of infections. To avoid this, interferon inducers can be used. They will ensure the production of natural protection by the body, which will allow it to successfully resist colds. This type of drugs include:
It is necessary to support the body with vitamins. For the prevention of colds will help "Vetoron "Gerimaks "Aevit." Preparations that help to cope with the impact of the environment - adaptogens - include extracts of magnolia vine, eleutherococcus, leuzea. Immunomodulating, such as "Bioaron C "Immunal" "Likopid will help restore strength to immunity, will be useful for the prevention of colds and flu.
Antiviral drugs used to prevent colds, help to give the body additional strength in the fight against pathogens. The best are "Grippferon "Viferon "Arbidol "Amiksin". Do not forget about honey, vitamin C - they will not allow the development of colds. Echinacea is a cheap, simple remedy. More rest, give up cigarettes and do not forget about the seasonal intake of vitamins.
Video: what to do with the first signs of a cold
For the prevention of flu and cold medicines: a list of the best
Winter, entering into legal rights, is associated not only with fun pastime on sledges, skis, but also with epidemics of influenza and various colds. But today there are simple and reliable methods to avoid unpleasant ailments. In order not to replenish the ranks of sneezers, it is recommended to use medicines that improve immunity and perfectly eliminate viruses for the prevention of flu and cold.
Recommended groups of medicines
Catarrhal diseases develop, as a rule, against the background of impaired immunological reactivity. Reducing the body's natural defense increases susceptibility to infections and increases the likelihood of recurrence of viral diseases. Recommended for the prevention of flu and cold medicines:
- Inductors of interferon. These include preparations "Cycloferon "Arbidol "Kagocel "Amiksin "Neovir". These drugs increase the production of their own interferon in the body, which increases the antiviral response. Such drugs are recommended to use in advance, a certain preventive course.
- Vitamins. The body needs them during the cold season. The most relevant is the use of Aevit, Gerimax, Antioxi-caps, Vetoron.
- Adaptogens. These are drugs that increase the resistance of the human body to the environment. Medicines stimulate protective forces, increase efficiency. Preference is given to such means as an extract of Eleutherococcus, Leuzea, Schizandra, Gerimax.
- Immunomodulators. These drugs restore impaired immunity. It is advisable to use drugs that do not require preliminary examination and are characterized by excellent tolerability for the prevention of influenza and cold. These can be preparations "Immunal "Immunorm "Bioaron C "Tonzilgon N "Bronhomunal "IRS-19 "Likopid "Imudon "Ribomunil".
- Antiviral drugs. Such a means can protect the body from a variety of viruses even during prevention. One of the effective means are Arbidol, Anaferon, Grippferon, Amiksin, Viferon, Kagotsel, Tsikloferon, Amizon.
List of drugs
Wishing to prevent unpleasant ailments, each person faces a large choice of means. Doctors identified the most effective and popular drugs for the prevention of flu and colds. The list of such funds will be discussed in more detail.
The drug "Amizon"
This drug is used to treat and prevent colds and flu. In addition, it is used to control some infectious diseases such as measles, chicken pox, rubella, mononucleosis and others.
The active substance of the drug is amizone. This remedy is not allowed for children under 6 years of age.
In the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections, adults should drink from 2 to 4 times a day by, 5 The course of treatment is 5-7 days.
If the drug is used for prevention, it is recommended 3-5 days to consume 5 g. Then within 2-3 weeks apply 1 tablet every 2-3 days.
The course of treatment is usually enough for 1 pack (20 tablets). The drug "Amizon" is a fairly inexpensive means with a large spectrum of action.
The drug "Arbidol"
Prevention of influenza and colds is necessary? Medicines that make it possible to achieve high results are quite diverse. The perfect drug is Arbidol.
The drug is effective for the treatment of influenza A, B, ARVI. Very effective for preventive purposes. It allows not only to treat ailments, but also their complications. It is often used in the complex therapy of pneumonia, chronic bronchitis, recurrent herpes.
Allowed to use for children from 2 years.
For the treatment of uncomplicated diseases, adults are recommended to use 4 times a day in, g. The duration of such treatment is 3-5 days. If a drug is used for prophylaxis, it is applied per day in, g. In this case, the duration is from 10 to 14 days.
The drug is in demand for control and prevention in the season of the epidemic of influenza A. The remedy is not intended for children under 7 years of age.
To treat the disease it is advisable to use the drug according to the following scheme:
- 1 day - 2 pills three times a day;
- 2 -3 days - 2 pieces each. twice a day;
- 4-5 days - 2 tablets once a day.
Prophylaxis is based on the use of the drug 10-15 days once a day for 1 tablet.
The drug Anaferon
Can be used for the prevention of cold and cold homeopathic medicines. This is the tool Anaferon. It is recommended to use it in complex therapy for the treatment of influenza, herpes, ARVI.
This drug is allowed to apply to babies from 6 months. It is recommended to use the medicine during the first two hours every 30 minutes. Then within a day use three times for 1 tablet. Treatment continues until recovery.
Prophylaxis means taking 1 pill every day for 1-3 months.
It is advisable that the doctor recommends the adult people to prevent flu and cold. If you choose the drugs yourself, be sure to carefully read the instructions.
An effective remedy is the drug Amiksin. It is widely in demand for treatment, prevention of colds, flu, viral hepatitis.
The drug is not used for children less than 7 years old.
To treat the drug is used by, 25 g 1 time per day for 2 days. Then the agent in this dosage is applied 1 time for 48 hours. Prophylaxis is based on consumption, 25 g once a week. This method is appropriate to continue for 6 weeks.
Treatment and prevention of children
A healthy child is always cheerful. He laughs fervently, touching those around him. But unfortunately, the crumbs sometimes get sick.
It is much easier to prevent ailment, using for the prevention of flu and cold medicines for children. To avoid the disease, the baby should improve immunity. Effective drugs are "Grippferon "Interferon". Such drugs for the prevention of influenza and colds in newborns (up to 6 months) are buried in the nose. It is recommended to apply them twice a day, one drop.
Starting from 7 months, children can be given a children's drug Anaferon. The pill is diluted in a spoonful of warm water.
Below are the most effective for the prevention of influenza and colds, medicines for children. However, remember that self-medication is not recommended. It is desirable to coordinate the use of this or that remedy with the pediatrician.
Preparations "Viferon suppositories and ointment
These medications should be stored in the refrigerator.
Candles are an antiviral immunomodulatory agent. Such a drug is prescribed, if necessary, to newborn babies and even premature babies. The drug is effective for a variety of infectious and inflammatory diseases: influenza, acute respiratory infections, complications after bacterial infections.
Candles are injected every 12 hours rectally for five days. It is recommended to start using them at the first signs of ailment.
Ointment is allowed to use for children over 1 year old. It is gently applied to the mucous spout 3-4 times a day with a cotton swab. This remedy is very effective in complex therapy.
The medicine for children Anaferon
Often the question arises as to which medications for preventing influenza and colds for children up to a year can be used? The drug Anaferon for children is allowed to take crumbs from 1 month.
This is an excellent antiviral immunomodulatory drug. It is used for therapeutic and preventive purposes against many diseases, including acute respiratory disease, influenza.
The medicine is available in tablets. For infants, as described above, the tablet is diluted in boiled water. Older children are recommended to dissolve the pill.
This is a proven old tool. This ointment is allowed to apply even to newborns. For preventive purposes, they begin to use it, as a rule, from the second month of the child's life.
Ointment is applied to a cotton swab, which is smeared with a mucous spout. The remedy is exclusively prophylactic. It does not have the necessary curative effect.
The drug Aflubin
This is a wonderful homeopathic remedy that effectively eliminates the symptoms of colds and flu. It is allowed to use it at any age. It is only important to observe the necessary dosages.
The taste of the drug is not very pleasant. Therefore, you can dilute in tea or water the required number of drops.
This drug is immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, antipyretic. It is recommended to use the medicine at the first sign of ailment.
The drug "Interferon"
The product is available in ampoules. As some of the above described drugs for the prevention of flu and colds in children, this tool can be used from birth.
Before use, it is necessary to prepare a solution. In the open ampoule, boiled chilled water (about 2 ml) is injected to a special mark. The resulting drug is buried in the child's spout.
Means of "Grippferon"
The basis of the drug is the "Interferon" described above. The product is already fully ready for use. You do not need to brew it. The medicine is stored strictly in the refrigerator. The use is also allowed from birth.
In the vial the concentration of the substance "Interferon" is slightly higher than in the self-prepared solution described above. Therefore, crumbs up to a year are buried no more than 5 times a day.
The drug "Arbidol"
For the prevention of influenza and cold medicines, children under 3 years of age, not only those described above are used. The drug Arbidol is effective. However, it should be remembered that the drug is allowed to use only at the age of 2 years.
The preparation perfectly strengthens immunity. It helps to increase the resistance of the child's organism to many viral diseases. The medicine has perfectly proved itself, as a preventive agent.
How to be protected from an ailment by pregnant women?
Immunity of a woman preparing to become a mother is weakened. Therefore, the probability of catching a cold or catching the flu is increased. Sometimes doctors recommend for vaccination purposes before the epidemic. But in the early stages it is undesirable.
All the strength of a pregnant woman should direct to strengthen the body, increase immunity. It is recommended to eat a lot of vegetables and fruits, fresh juices. Doctors advise eating a slice of garlic or a little green onions.
For preventive purposes, it is useful to use vitamin teas on herbs, fruit drinks, compotes. It is recommended to stop the selection on the dogrose, cranberry, calina, currant. Tea with lemon is useful. Efficient use of citrus fruits.
Which medicines are allowed to use to prevent flu and colds? For pregnant women, most of the funds are prohibited for admission. During the epidemic, before leaving the house, it is recommended to lubricate the mucous "Oxolin" ointment. You can drip your nose with Interferon. Before going to bed it is recommended to rinse your mouth with the tincture of "Calendula" or "Eucalyptus".
In addition, it is important for all family members, during the epidemic, to take appropriate drugs for preventive purposes.
During cold and wet weather, any person becomes extremely vulnerable to viruses that provoke colds. In addition, the flu can be not only an unpleasant disease, knocking out of the habitual rhythm of life, but also quite a dangerous phenomenon. Sometimes he leaves behind various complications. Therefore, during an epidemic, you should protect your body from illnesses as much as possible. Take quality, effective drugs. In this case, you will be provided with excellent protection from viruses.