With the onset of colds, colds are inevitable. Few have been fortunate enough to avoid such unpleasant symptoms as sore throat and perspiration. These signs indicate inflammatory and infectious diseases. However, realizing the seriousness of the situation, few of the patients hurry to see a doctor. The majority is treated independently, using medicines and methods of folk therapy. When there is discomfort in the mouth and the beginning of a cold, many patients wonder what to gargle with sore throat? After all, it is very important to destroy the infection at its first manifestations. Further in the article, we will try to answer the question posed.
- What diseases can cause pain?
- Use of medication
- Application of pharmacy tinctures
- Rinse throat with folk remedies
- Rinses using decoctions
- Aids for fighting unpleasant symptoms
- How to gargle correctly
Lozenges from a pain in a throat - application Sore throat: treatment with honey and milk Sore throat: treatment with folk remedies We treat a sore throat at home - easily and quickly Tablets from sore throats - use
What diseases can cause pain?
With the common cold and the defeat of the body by viruses, pathogenic microorganisms most often settle on the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx. As a result of their vital activity, symptoms such as pain, perspiration, itching, swelling and redness develop. The following diseases can provoke such unpleasant sensations:
- ARVI and ARI;
- some dental diseases.
Rinses in this situation are carried out to reduce pain, eliminate the inflammatory process, and also local disinfection of the nasopharynx.
Important!When there is a strong pain in the throat and an increase in body temperature, it is recommended that you visit a doctor. Self-medication can be extremely dangerous.
Use of medication
Faced with a cold, flu or sore throat, it is necessary to use funds that have a complex effect. The drug should contain components that can cope with the inflammatory process, pain, redness and irritation of the mucosa. However, do not use 3-4 medications at once to enhance the effect.
Modern pharmaceuticals offer many tools for the local treatment of colds. The following are the popular drugs.
The drug is an excellent antiseptic. The product is available in the form of tablets or a solution. With severe pain in the throat, furacilin is dissolved in a glass of warm water (1 tablet per 100 ml) and rinse their throat. The medicine gives a pretty quick effect. After a few procedures, pain and swelling are significantly reduced, redness disappears.
Has a good antimicrobial property. For rinsing, the drug is used as a solution. The dosage of the drug per glass of water is calculated according to the age of the patient. Thus, the category of patients older than 14 years, a glass of warm water should be added 10-15 ml of the solution. Children will have 5-10 ml of funds.
Refers to drugs that adversely affect the majority of viruses, bacteria and fungi. It is recommended for all categories of patients, including during pregnancy and for children older than 3 years. The composition of the medicine includes plant substances that provide local anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects.
The effect of the drug lasts a fairly long period. The active substances of the drug remain active for 3-4 hours. A special feature of the drug is its incompatibility with alkaline medium. Therefore, you should not combine the treatment with chlorhexidine in combination with rinsing with soda or salt. Sold in a ready-to-rinse form, used in adults and children.
Important!Most often, the drugs are well tolerated by patients and do not cause serious side effects. However, before using them, it is still recommended to visit a specialist, especially if it concerns the treatment of children.
Application of pharmacy tinctures
In addition to rinse preparations for colds, tinctures are often used. It can be various means, which include propolis, various herbs and other medicinal components. Rinse preparations in the form of tinctures can be as follows:
- Tincture of propolis. Propolis has long been called a natural antibiotic. With angina and other diseases it is recommended to use propolis tincture. You can buy it at the pharmacy. For rinsing in a glass with warm water, dissolve 10-15 drops of the drug and rinse the throat for at least one minute. The course of treatment should be continued for at least 7 days.
- Tincture of calendula flowers. Many people know about the anti-inflammatory and disinfecting properties of a plant such as calendula. Tincture helps to remove redness and sore throat, as well as well destroys pathogens. Rinsing calendula is held at least 3-4 times a day. To do this, 10 drops are dissolved in a glass of warm water and use the resulting rinse aid.
It is very important during the treatment to monitor your health. Some of the products of nature can bring not only benefit to the patient, but also cause an allergic reaction. If any side effects are detected, stop using the product and consult a doctor.
Rinse throat with folk remedies
Advocates of traditional medicine prefer not to run to the pharmacy at the appearance of pain and perspiration in the throat, but to use for this people's means. For this, various herbs and products of nature are used, which have an anti-inflammatory, disinfecting and soothing effect. Further in the article in detail we will consider several recipes that help to remove unpleasant sensations in the throat with colds and infectious diseases.
Rinses using decoctions
The most popular herbs for rinses are chamomile, calendula, mint, nettle, raspberry leaves and currants. For relief of pain, the following recipes are recommended:
- To prepare a medicine for rinsing, you need to take a tablespoon of plants such as chamomile and calendula and pour them 200 ml of boiling water. On low heat, the product should be kept for 3-5 minutes after boiling, then remove from heat and insist 30-40 minutes. Often, moms are interested in what to gargle with a child with colds. Treatment with chamomile and calendula will help to eliminate inflammation and will not cause side effects.
- A tool based on nettle and celandine. With the help of these herbs, they also effectively cure a cold. To prepare the decoction of the plant in equal proportions (1 tbsp. l.) are placed in enameled dishes and poured 200 ml of boiling water. After boiling, the medicine is pressed on the fire for another 5-10 minutes and is removed to insist. The throat is caressed by a strained solution 3-4 times a day.
Aids for fighting unpleasant symptoms
Often there are situations when the pain annoys particularly strongly, and in the medicine cabinet there is nothing that could ease the condition. Patients are wondering about what to gargle at home, using only improvised means? Do not despair. In such a situation, such inconspicuous products, such as salt and soda, always come to the rescue. These funds will certainly be found in the kitchen of every landlady.
So, how to gargle with salt and soda? To do this, you can use both products together, and in order. Rinse with soda as follows: a glass of warm water should be added a teaspoon of the product and mix thoroughly. Rinses are performed every 2-3 hours for acute symptoms and 3-4 times a day with relief of well-being.
Effective rinsing with sore throat and with salt. To do this, the natural product is diluted in a glass of warm water in the amount of one teaspoon. The received medicine rinse the throat 3-5 times throughout the day.
Important!Do not add too much salt and soda to the water. Concentrated solution can damage your health and cause mucous burns.
How to gargle correctly
When choosing a therapy with rinses, it is extremely necessary to know how to properly carry out the procedure. Observing simple rules, you can not only secure yourself, but also greatly enhance the effectiveness of the procedure. So, about what it is worth remembering during the session, we will understand further in the article:
- The first rule is a strict adherence to the formula. Especially it concerns situations with the use of synthetic drugs. Excess doses of the drug can cause a lot of side effects. Inadequate quantity, on the contrary, will not have the desired result.
- Before the procedure, it is important to take care that there are no leftovers left in the mouth. Some experts advise cleaning the teeth with a dental floss and brush.
- To dial into the mouth should not be too much solution. This will help to better control breathing during rinsing.
- The temperature of the medicine should not be more than 38 degrees. Too hot solution can damage the mucosa. It is not recommended to use the temperature and below 36 degrees Celsius.
- Immediately after the procedure, you can not drink and eat for 30-40 minutes. This will ensure a longer action of the drug and the best result.
In addition, it is worth remembering that rinsing should be performed 5-6 times a day with the appearance of pain. With severe discomfort, you can increase the number of procedures, however, no more than 10 times a day.
Colds always bring a lot of physical and moral discomfort to the patient. Treatment with rinsing gives an excellent result and helps to remove unpleasant sensations in the throat for a short passage of time. Proper use of the method will put you on your feet in a matter of days.