1Shmorl's hernia in the lumbar: what is the danger and is treatment necessary?
- 1.2The mechanism of development
2Herniated hernia of the lumbar spine - symptoms, treatment, forms, stages, diagnosis
- 2.1Causes and risk factors
- 2.2Forms of the disease
- 2.3Symptoms of a Schmorl hernia of the lumbar spine
- 2.5Treatment of Schmorl's hernia of the lumbar spine
- 2.6Possible complications and consequences
3How to treat the hernia of the lumbar spine?
- 3.1Hazard of Schmorl's hernia
- 3.2Detection and diagnosis of Schmorl's hernia
- 3.3Treatment of Schmorl's hernia
- 3.6Physiotherapy in the treatment of Schmorl's hernia
4Shmorl's hernia in the lumbar spine: symptoms and treatment
- 4.1The process of Schmorl's hernia formation and the consequences
- 4.2Directions of treatment
5How to identify a hernia of lumbar spine?
- 5.1What is Schmorl's hernia? Features
- 5.2Causes of appearance
- 5.4What is dangerous? What consequences can be?
- 5.5Diagnostic Methods
- 5.6How to treat?
- 5.8Healing procedures
Shmorl's hernia in the lumbar: what is the danger and is treatment necessary?
Dysplasia of the intervertebral cartilage and forcing it into the porous body of the higher or lower vertebra is called the Schmorl hernia.
This pathology is almost asymptomatic and does not cause the patient serious inconveniences, except, perhaps, a slight limitation of movements in the area of damage.
The hernia of the lumbar spine, as well as the cervical, thoracic and lumbosacral spine, is detected only when the patient is examined, on an X-ray or MRI.
Up to this point, a person does not even suspect that he has such a disease, which in itself is not life threatening, but the consequences / complications of Schmorl's hernia do not bode well.
Factors that are most suitable for the formation of Schmorl's hernia are:
- hereditary predisposition;
- congenital anomalies caused by the negative influence of the environment during embryonic development;
- osteoporosis (reduction of bone density);
- disruption of connective tissue structure;
- necrosis (necrosis) of bone tissue due to insufficient blood supply;
- trauma and microdamage of the spine;
- age changes in the body (aging);
- violation of posture;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- a lack or an overabundance of physical activity;
- inappropriate human eating habits;
- bad habits (smoking, alcohol abuse).
The mechanism of development
As a result of certain causes, the spongy substance of the vertebra undergoes super-strong pressure from the cartilage of the intervertebral disc.
With a constant and dynamic such a load, the vertebra of the vertebra is deformed, i.e.,
it forms a concavity (dent), which fills the cartilaginous tissue of the disc - a bundle of Schmorl.
Unlike the "right" spinal hernia, this is formed strictly in the segment of one vertebra, not protruding into the lumen of the canal and without squeezing the vertebral nerves and blood vessels. That is why the hernia of Schmorl does not give a clear symptomatology, which causes her later detection.
Most often the hernia of the Schmorl is diagnosed in the lumbar spine, after all, the colossal loads lie on the lower back.
Single nodules in this department and in the sacrum appear in people of mature and advanced age, but they can also be congenital pathologies (individual features in the structure of the vertebrae).
For the diagnosis is sufficient for a single X-ray examination, since the Schmorl hernia is well seen in the picture.
But if the patient complains of back pain, limited mobility, then the doctor can refer it to a computer or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)..
Pain syndrome usually manifests intervertebral hernias (protrusion of the disc), which are not visible on the X-ray..
Schmorl's hernia on an x-ray
Additional methods of examination - general analysis of blood and urine, blood biochemistry, electroneuromyography, etc.
By assigning all these studies, the doctor pursues several goals:
- determination of the location (localization) of the damage;
- identification of concomitant deformities of the spine;
- exclusion / confirmation of the presence of an intervertebral hernia.
It is possible that to clarify the diagnosis and the appointment of treatment you will need to consult a therapist, traumatologist, vertebrologist, neurologist, orthopedist.
The clinical picture of the disease depends on the localization of Schmorl's nodules and their number.
Single, lateral and central hernias are asymptomatic. But the multiple, front and back nodules give characteristic symptomatology.
- Back pain, a symptom of a chronic pathology, can be aching, drawing, not intense, but increasing with physical work and a prolonged monotonous position. The pain passes independently after resting in a supine position;
- Decreased mobility and flexibility of the spinal column, it is especially problematic to lean forward;
- Changes in posture (scoliosis, lordosis, kyphosis);
- Feeling of weakness, fatigue in the legs and back;
- Disturbance of limb sensitivity, numbness (in the elderly).
Pain syndrome with Schmorl's hernia is the result of the impact of damaged vertebrae on the surrounding muscle tissue. In turn, the muscles spasmodic and faster "tired." In this case, the disturbance of innervation and blood supply in the place of pathology does not occur.
Palpation (feeling) of the area of localization of the hernia is painful, there is a slight spasm of the muscles of the back.
For the Schmorl hernia of the thoracic spine is characterized by a feeling of a rolling ball in the neck, clicks and crunching with movements of the head, paroxysmal pain and numbness of hands and fingers.
Harmless at first glance, a disease that is not life-threatening, insidious in the manifestation of its complications.
Read the article:Treatment of a hernia of a backbone by the laser
- Formation of the Schmorl's nodule in the intervertebral hernia.
- Predisposition to compression fractures, when the vertebrae become so thin that they break easily under physical stress.
- Propensity to development of arthrosis of intervertebral joints.
- Development of Sheyerman-Mau disease (children's dorsal kyphosis).
- Partial or total disability (disability) due to impaired mobility of the spine.
The treatment regimen is developed individually for each patient and depends on the localization of Schmorl's nodules, severity and severity of the clinical symptoms of the disease.
With mild symptoms, it is quite enough simple preventive measures, regular courses of massage and therapeutic gymnastics.
To restore normal motor activity and nutrition of bone tissue, relieve muscle spasm and prevent the development of complications, the following methods are used:
- Micropharmacopuncture - the introduction of homeopathic remedies (minimal doses) into biologically active zones;
- Reflexotherapy - acupuncture, hirudotherapy and apitherapy;
- Physiotherapy - a magnet and electrotherapy;
- Manual therapy;
- Hardware spinal traction (dry and underwater);
- Exercise therapy and swimming.
Underwater Spinal Cord Extension
To eliminate the pain syndrome prescribed medications along with massage and exercise therapy. In the daily diet is recommended to include foods rich in vitamin D, calcium and phosphorus.
Pharmacological preparations for strengthening bones (containing calcium) should be taken only according to the doctor's prescription, since their side effect is calcification of ligaments and formation of stones in the kidneys.
Prevention should be dealt with from childhood.
For this, you do not need to perform complex exercises, enough regular morning gymnastics. Of sports, swimming is best.
If you can not visit the pool, you can limit yourself to daily walking or jogging in the fresh air.
Prevention includes the following activities:
- Doing sports (yoga, gymnastics, swimming, fitness, pilates);
- Maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle;
- Balanced mode of the day (the ratio of workloads and rest);
- Use of orthopedic bedding and furniture;
- Rejection of bad habits;
- Proper nutrition;
- Strict control over your weight;
- Exclusion of heavy physical activities and power sports.
Remember that everything should be in moderation, especially, the load in gymnastics and physical education. Under the guidance of the LFK instructor, choose the intensity of exercise comfortable for yourself, so as not to damage your health and not exacerbate the pathological condition.
Hernia Schmorl is a disease that can not be ignored, otherwise it will be complicated by a more serious pathology.
If to you have put such diagnosis and have appointed or nominated treatment, be treated! And do not forget about prevention, as preventive measures are an important component of literate and full-fledged therapy of the disease.
A source: http://MoyaSpina.ru/bolezni/gryzha-shmorlya-poyasnichnogo-otdela
Herniated hernia of the lumbar spine - symptoms, treatment, forms, stages, diagnosis
Hernia Schmorlja - punching the own tissue of the intervertebral disc into the spongy bone of the vertebral body (intragastric protrusion) through the marginal hyaline plate that separates the vertebral base from the body of the disc.
This is the so-called x-ray pathology (in view of the lack of obvious symptoms due to peculiar localization).
The disease is usually diagnosed during an X-ray or tomographic examination for other conditions and often becomes an accidental finding.
A herniated intervertebral disc is understood as the protrusion of its gelatinous center through defects of a dense formative connective tissue ring located along the periphery.
The jelly-like substance of the central part of the disc in this case, breaking through, squeezes sensitive or the motor spines of the spinal cord, lying in pairs between the vertebrae, and provokes the development of a specific symptoms.
The phenomenon of Schmorl's hernia consists in the fact that the elements of the disc or fibrous ring are squeezed not outward but into the body of the nearby vertebra.
Since the main manifestations of herniated discs are associated with compression of the spinal roots, in this case active symptomatology, as a rule, is absent.
Despite the fact that a significant prevalence of pathology is not established, Schmorl hernia is assumed to be of different localization in approximately 40% of the population. The disease often affects the lumbar spine, which is associated with a local intensive load on the axial skeleton.
Synonym: Schmorl's nodules.
Causes and risk factors
The main cause of the development of Schmorl hernias of the lumbar spine is considered to be the pathology of connective tissue that occurs during the formation of axial skeleton structures.
Defects are often formed during the second acceleration of the child's growth, when appear uncharacteristically densified cartilaginous nodules, superior in structure of the connective tissue ring intervertebral disc.
In the process of development, these structures, by exerting pressure on the nearby bodies of the vertebrae, force them to form a Schmorl hernia.
Causes of the disease:
- congenital pathology of connective tissue;
- traumatic damage of borderline hyaline plates;
- dystrophic changes in the bone tissue of the vertebrae;
- inadequate loads on the lumbar spine.
The provoking factors:
- prolonged forced position of the body with a load on the lumbar portion of the axial skeleton;
- intensive growth of a child in the adolescent period;
- elderly age;
- wearing shoes on an excessively high heel;
- professional training in weightlifting, acrobatics, parachuting and other sports that can provoke microtrauma of the skeleton;
- work on production, associated with lifting weights;
- violation of posture;
- metabolic diseases.
Forms of the disease
Depending on the prevalence of the process, isolated single and multiple lumbar hernias of Schmorl.
Symptoms of a Schmorl hernia of the lumbar spine
Disease, as a rule, proceeds asymptomatically or with extremely poor symptoms. Complaints made by the patient are nonspecific:
- a feeling of discomfort or aching pain in the lumbar spine;
- increased unpleasant sensations during exercise and weakening of them (until complete disappearance) at rest;
- decreased mobility of the lumbar region.
With an objective examination, there may be a slight soreness in palpation in the projection of the defect, a local muscle hypertonia.
Lesion can occur in any of the 5 lumbar vertebrae, there is no favorite localization in the pathological process.
In severe cases, when a significant volume of the intervertebral disc is squeezed or completely the nearby vertebra the symptoms of hernia of the lumbar spine become much more intensive:
- severe pain during exercise;
- impaired mobility (inability to perform flexion and extension movements in the waist in full);
- blunt aching pain in a forward tilting position, with prolonged standing or sitting;
- increased fatigue of the lumbar spine, feeling stiff;
- impaired sensitivity or motor activity in the lower extremities.
The main methods of diagnosis are instrumental studies:
- radiography of the lumbar spine;
- computer or magnetic resonance imaging.
Using laboratory methods of research, it is not possible to confirm the presence or absence of pathology.
Treatment of Schmorl's hernia of the lumbar spine
Treatment of Schmorl's hernia is complex: physiotherapeutic and medicament methods are used.
Groups of drugs used in the therapy of the disease:
- muscle relaxants of central action;
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- vitamin and mineral complexes.
- electrophoresis with medicinal substances.
In severe cases, with the ineffectiveness of conservative treatment of the Schmorl hernia in the lumbar spine and the high risk of complications, surgery is performed.
Possible complications and consequences
Complications of hernia Shmorlja lumbar spine can be:
- formation of a herniated intervertebral disc of the lumbar spine;
- compression fracture of the affected vertebra;
- dystrophic degeneration of Schmorl's hernia with restriction of mobility of adjacent vertebrae.
With timely diagnosis and comprehensive treatment, the prognosis is favorable.
Preventive measures are as follows:
- Systematic preventive examinations in case of presence of risk factors.
- Timely complex treatment of the disease in case of its detection.
- Abandonment of excessive loads during diagnosis of Schmorl hernias in the lumbar spine.
from the topic of the article:
A source: http://www.neboleem.net/gryzha-shmorlja-pojasnichnogo-otdela-pozvonochnika.php
How to treat the hernia of the lumbar spine?
If a person is diagnosed with a Schmorl hernia of the lumbar spine, treatment of this disease should be started immediately, and it can take quite a long time.
This is not due to the fact that this pathology is not as dangerous as a normal intervertebral hernia, fraught with paralysis or limb movement.
This ailment is quite common, but it is diagnosed relatively rarely, since it is not accompanied by acute and vivid symptoms..
As a rule, this disease is found by chance, when conducting a routine examination or preparing a patient for surgery. Quite often, people for dozens of years lead a mobile lifestyle, not knowing that they have a hernia in the lumbar spine..
However, this is not at all a guarantee that the disease is so harmless. With an unfavorable combination of circumstances, hernia Shmorlja in the lumbar department can bring people big problems.
Let us dwell on what this disease is fraught with, and we will understand the possible complications.
Hazard of Schmorl's hernia
Regardless of the prerequisites and causes of this disease, the outcome is always one - the growth of cartilaginous tissue and pressing it into the body of the disc. At the same time there is a decrease in the strength of bone tissue, of which vertebrae are composed.
Such a phenomenon threatens a person with such unpleasant complications:
- Compression fracture of the spine. It can occur due to strong impacts and heavy loads on the back. Depletion of the vertebrae leads to the fact that they lose resistance to external influences.
- Disturbance of the structure of the cartilaginous disc. Pathological changes lead to its extrusion into a hernia. Such a phenomenon can lead to compression of the spinal cord and disability.
- Increase the load on the near-vertebral joints. As a result, arthritis and arthrosis develop.
- The hernia of Shmorlja formed on the back can become a prerequisite for the appearance of an intervertebral hernia, which presents a real danger to human health.
- Multiple hernias lead to the fact that the spine loses mobility. There is its deformation, distortion. This can lead to the fact that a person will lose the ability to perform some actions that he needs for work.
- Decreased performance and fast fatigue. The patient may lose the opportunity to engage in tourism, participate in sports games and just walk for a long time in the fresh air.
It is possible complications and dangerous hernia Schmorl. Therefore, do not expect a happy coincidence, and it is better to begin emergency therapy.
Detection and diagnosis of Schmorl's hernia
As a rule, the detection of this pathology very rarely occurs according to the patient's complaints. The increase in cartilage mass does not cause severe pain, inflammation and spasms.
Indirect symptoms can be back pain, arising after a long stay on the legs or performing heavy physical work. Many ignore such manifestations of the disease, linking them with fatigue, age or bruises.
This should not be done - any signals that the body gives deserve the closest attention. The disease is much easier and faster to cure at the initial stage.
Identification of Schmorl's hernia is carried out by this method:
- Interrogation of the patient by the attending physician. The doctor specifies such data as heredity, back injuries in the past, the nature of professional activity, the nature of the symptoms and the duration of the course of the disease.
- Physical examination. Visually determined the degree of curvature of the spinal column, the presence of edema and compaction. The palpation of the spine is performed, which allows to detect even small deviations in his condition.
- Radiography. This method gives the doctor a picture of the pathological processes occurring in the bone and cartilaginous tissue. To obtain more accurate results, a study is made on the apparatus of magnetic resonance imaging.
- Consultation with specialized specialists. Before treating a herniated schmorl of the lumbar spine, the patient should get rid of purulent and inflammatory processes. In addition, it is necessary to know the capabilities of his body with respect to physical loads and the tolerability of medications.
After summarizing all the data obtained, a course of treatment is prescribed. It is complex, calculated several months in advance with a schedule of intermediate examinations for specialists.
Treatment of Schmorl's hernia
As a rule, treatment of the disease is carried out by conservative methods. Exceptions are cases where there is an obvious threat to the patient in terms of limiting mobility.
The main efforts of therapy are aimed at preventing the progression of pathological processes.
Treatment is appointed taking into account such factors as the age and sex of the patient, the degree of pathology, the presence of concomitant diseases and peculiarities of labor activity.
When appointing a course of treatment for Schmorl's hernia, doctors pursue the following goals:
- elimination and reduction of the intensity of pain syndrome;
- improvement of metabolic processes in bone tissue;
- normalization and restoration of flexibility of the spine;
- improving circulation of the spinal muscles;
- prevention of complications;
- reduction or elimination of muscle spasms (muscle relaxation).
During the entire period of therapy the patient needs to control his weight, avoid overheating and hypothermia.
It is advisable to give up harmful habits that harm the body and slow down the metabolic processes.
In addition, it is necessary to limit the physical load on the spine, maximally protecting it from shocks, shaking and pressure.
This method involves the use of drugs, which are based on active chemical elements and substances of natural origin.
The patient is prescribed medications of this type:
- Chondroprotectors. These drugs are the basis for the construction of bone tissue, which is thinned under the influence of various factors that caused the disease. Chondroprotectors strengthen the vertebrae, making them resistant to the pressure of enlarged cartilage.
- Vitamin preparations. They contribute to the improvement of metabolism in bone and cartilage tissues. Vitamins strengthen the spine, preventing its further destruction and deformation.
- Medicines based on calcium. These drugs help to strengthen the vertebrae, prevent their curvature under the influence of neighboring tissues.
- Analgesics. Taking these medications is necessary in order to reduce the pain syndrome. This will enable a person to fully perform health-improving exercises during physical therapy sessions.
- Orthopedic plaster. This innovative device, which has a wide range of effects on the damaged area of the spine. Orthopedic plaster relieves pain and aches in the lumbar spine. Wearing a plaster promotes the return of the spine to its natural state.
Medications are taken in the form of tablets, ointments, tinctures and injections. Doses, frequency and duration of their admission are determined by the attending physician. Self-medication is categorically contraindicated.
Classes of physiotherapy exercises are assigned to virtually all patients who have a Schmorl hernia in any form. Gymnastics are shown at any age.
Therapeutic physical training is a concept of using various types of physical activity - running, gymnastics, walking and swimming.
In the absence of pain, sports games with limited exercise may be allowed.
Classes of physiotherapy exercises allow you to achieve such goals:
- increase immunity and resistance of the body to various infections;
- strengthening of the musculoskeletal system;
- positive impact on the emotional state of the patient;
- improvement of blood circulation in all tissues of the body;
- acceleration of metabolic processes in the lumbar region;
- the creation of a strong muscular corset to support the spine in the right position.
Patients are assigned to these types of exercises:
- Vis, torsion and pulling on the crossbar. These movements contribute to the liberation of the strangulated nerve endings, the removal of inflammation and the strengthening of the musculature of the back.
- Raising a dumbbell. Performing a bench press with a straight back, lifting the dumbbell out of the sitting position, straight arms forward and sideways.
- Rotations and jerking hands. These movements contribute to the development of flexibility, which significantly reduces the risk of compression fracture of the spine under heavy loads.
- Strengthening of the press and trapezius muscles. Movement is carried out in an inclined position with a load on the shoulder girdle.
- Swimming. When performing various movements in the water, there is practically no stress on the spine and heart. Swimming makes it possible to gently return mobility to the back, develop lungs and build muscle.
Physical activity contributes to arresting the disease and eliminating most of its symptoms.
Physiotherapy in the treatment of Schmorl's hernia
To stop the pathological processes occurring in the spinal column, various medical devices and devices are used. Complex impact on the damaged area allows to return to cells their natural structure and form, to remove spasm and pain syndrome.
For the treatment of hernia Schmorl used such types of physiotherapy:
- a magnetic field;
- current of different frequency;
- laser irradiation;
- quartz lamp.
A good healing effect is provided by a therapeutic massage. During the manual therapy, the intervertebral space expands, blood circulation improves and back muscles are strengthened.
If you start treatment on time, you can avoid complications of Schmorl's hernia.
A source: https://OrtoCure.ru/pozvonochnik/gryzha/shmorlya-poyasnichnogo-otdela.html
Shmorl's hernia in the lumbar spine: symptoms and treatment
The hernia of the lumbar spine is dysplasia, as well as the peculiar punching that exists in the intervertebral disk of neighboring vertebrae.
This pathological process does not show any symptoms for a long time. The only manifestation of a hernia is a strong decrease in the mobility of the spine in this department, where a knot of cartilage is formed.
Detection of this effect can be detected by accident, by conducting X-rays and MRI.
Given the individual characteristics of each person, a Schmorl hernia can be found in the thoracic, cervical, and lumbosacral section.
The process of Schmorl's hernia formation and the consequences
Hernia is not a very dangerous disease. If the structure of bone tissue is healthy, the disease does not cause the formation of additional ailments and injuries.
However, the consequences of a hernia are serious enough, associated with a late call to the doctor (limited mobility of the vertebra, broken trophic tissue).
As for the predisposition to the formation of a Schmorl hernia, it is transmitted genetically, and also appears on many factors - age and biochemical, physiological. The sense of deformation is that there is a failure and pressure on the weakened vertebra.
Cartilage is a component of intervertebral discs, which is pressed into the body of the vertebrae - a special substance (spongy). There is a strong deformation of the locking plastic, located between them. Then a specific concavity is formed on several or one closing plate.
There is no compression in the spinal cord and roots, also in the nerve processes.
Symptoms that indicate the appearance of a pathological process, for example: restriction in movements and painful sensations, are absent.
The diagnosis can be made in case of accidental detection of the problem in the process of X-ray and MRI.
The disease is considered a symptom or a cause for the development of such diseases:
- herniated intervertebral;
- protrusion occurs;
- early arthrosis of the intervertebral joint and so on.
The hernia of Shmorl is formed due to the lower strength of bone tissue, and also provokes the subsequent weakening of the affected area of the vertebrae, increases the risk of fractures and injuries in the process of physical loads.
Given the nature of the damage to the spinal disc, as well as the location, the following types of hernia are distinguished:
- lateral, front;
- the central one.
A single hernia is formed in mature as well as elderly age. It affects and has a negative impact on the lumbosacral region.
A single small hernia appears due to the individual predisposition of the human body.
As a result, we can assume that this disease is a congenital pathology.
Directions of treatment
With regard to therapy, it is necessary to take into account the manifestation of the disease and the severity of the ailment. Given the results of radiography, MRI, you can choose a more appropriate method of treatment and further preventive activities.
If there are no severe clinical symptoms and pain, do not use special methods of treatment.
Most often doctors recommend:
- preventive actions;
The treatment has the following important directions:
- eliminate muscle tone;
- restore motor activity in the shortest possible time;
- restore the full nutrition of cartilaginous, as well as bone tissue;
- stop the inflammatory process of the formation of arthrosis.
The most effective, recommended and appropriate methods of therapeutic therapy are:
- acupuncture - it is important to correctly influence the reflex parts of the body;
- micropharmacopuncture - it affects the biologically active sites with homeopathic preparations to stimulate blood circulation, as well as lymphatic circulation, to remove painful sensations;
- manual therapy - has the main goal, namely - to restore the full mobility of the spine of the affected area, as well as to get rid of the strain of muscle tissue;
- Physiotherapy - used to resume all vital processes in the muscle tissue;
- Physical therapy and swimming - are considered the most effective, effective and accessible ways treatment of hernia Shmorlja, and also are used as excellent prophylaxis of diseases of the locomotor system apparatus;
- therapeutic massage - helps strengthen the muscle corset, improve blood circulation and nutrition of tissues, and stimulate metabolic processes;
- spinal traction by hardware - helps prevent the occurrence of most serious consequences, relieve muscle strain and restore healthy microcirculation.
In order to choose a more suitable method for treating Schmorl's defect, it is necessary to determine the real cause of pathological deformation, since for each patient they are individual.
In the presence of increased muscle tone and painful symptoms, conservative medical therapy is performed. It should be carried out in a comprehensive manner, taking into account physical therapy, physiotherapy, and massage.
It will take urgent medical care of the doctor in the following cases, which last more than seven days:
- difficult walking and movement;
- numbness of limbs.
Structural deformations that have arisen because of the injuries and injuries suffered will require preparations with calcium and fluorine, as well as vitamin D, to restore the flexibility of the spine.
However, the use of drugs that help strengthen bone tissue, is carried out carefully and under the strict supervision of the treating doctor. Have side effects: there are calcium stones in the kidneys, as well as calcification of ligaments.
In the event that the hernia appears due to Sheyerman's disease, the main therapy is directed to fight the cause. Following the advice of a doctor and treatment, various deformities and nodules disappear.
In the presence of pain, there are important reasons for the appointment of specific medications:
- Muscle relaxants - most often used by Midokalm;
- additional drugs - magnesium and vitamins B;
- anti-inflammatory drugs - used in the form of injections (Meloxicam and Diclofenac), ointments (Fastum Gel and Diplerif), as well as tablets - Ibuprofen, Nimesulide.
The course of treatment lasts thirty days. As for surgical interventions, they are resorted to in special and rare situations.
Reasons for conducting surgical interventions:
- multiple, as well as sufficiently large nodules Schmorl, capable of provoking a fracture of the spine;
- There is an intervertebral hernia, which squeezes the spinal cord and nerve roots;
- the body of the vertebra is broken.
So, at the moment the specialists are developing the newest ways of rehabilitation and treatment of the closing plastic, which can be found in the video in this article.
A source: http://sustav.info/bolezni/drugie/gryzha-shmorlya-v-poyasnichnom-otdele.html
How to identify a hernia of lumbar spine?
The term "Schmorl's hernia" was first introduced into x-ray by a German doctor -roentgenologist Christian Schmorlin 1927.
This unpleasant anomaly can form either in the thoracic, cervical or lumbar region spine, the place of its localization depends, first of all, on the individual characteristics of the organism rights.
What is Schmorl's hernia? Features
The hernia of Schmorl, which appeared in the lumbar sacral region of the spine, is aextrusionand dysplasia of the cartilaginous tissue of the intervertebral discinto the spongy boneadjacent, weaker vertebrae. In this case, the locking plate located between them is deformed and a characteristic concavity is formed on it.
Causes of appearance
In most cases, this diseaseinherited, or manifested in early childhood.
In the latter case, this is primarily due to the fact that in the process of intensive growth of the child, soft tissues grow, and bone tissues do not keep up with them..
Therefore, the inconsistency of the end plates of the vertebral body (or even several vertebrae) is developed..
Development of the disease can also contribute tostrong physicalloads in childhood, as well as falls, severe strokes and other injuries.
In turn, andflawPhysical exertion is also capable of causing Schmorl's hernia.
Other reasons for the appearance of a hernia include:
- A sedentary, sedentary lifestyle and disorders of posture.
- Violation of connective tissue.
- The necrosis of bone tissue due to insufficient nutrition.
- Changes in bone tissue, knitted with the age of a person.
- Micro - trauma of the spine.
- Unbalanced and improper nutrition.
- Negative effects on the embryo during mother's pregnancy.
It is worth noting that withagethe risk of developing this disease increases significantly, as the level of bone strength decreases, as well as the degree of bone density.
Most often, such a hernianothing shows itselfand is accidentally detected after an X-ray examination associated with other diseases.
This is connected with the fact that in the process of changing the occlusal plate, the spinal cord, the nerve processes and the spinal cord roots are not squeezed.
Therefore, a person does not feel pain and does not notice any restrictions in the process of movement.
Rarelysymptoms becomefaint, aching painsin the back, weakness in the legs, numbness and a feeling of unabated fatigue.
They arise with prolonged fatigue, long standing in a standing position, as well as long walks on foot. If you experience similar symptoms when a Schmorl hernia is found, it means that your hernia is quite large, or has not stopped growing.
This is due to the fact that in the process of growth, the Schmorl's hernia protrudes inside the spinal canal, thus delivering discomfort to the person.
What is dangerous? What consequences can be?
Be Afraiddetected diseasenot worth it. But to leave it without attention it is in no case impossible.
Since the disease itself does not manifest itself as pain, many patients believe that it is not necessary to treat it. And this erroneous error canlead to a number of unpleasant consequences.
The consequence of this disease can befailure of the membrane diskin the body of the diseased vertebra.
This will lead to dysplasia of the function of depreciation of the gelatinous nucleus and the formation of additional bone growths -osteophytes..
In this case, the pain syndrome can not be avoided, because there is no way to squeeze the nerve roots of the spinal cord, as well as the violation of the function of the innervated muscles..
Progression of the lumbar hernia can also lead to a pronounced curvature of the spine -lordosis.
A progressive pathology, left unattended, may further lead to spinal dysfunction. And, as a result, the patient may have a vertebral hernia or a heavy compression fracture of the vertebra.
Since the hernia of Shmorl, in most cases, does not betray herself by anything, it is usually found by chance. In the course of an X-ray or computer tomography study aimed at studying other causes of unclear low back pain.
If a hernia is found, further investigation and diagnosis of the disease is necessary.definition of concomitant deformationsvertebrae, the degree of development of pathology. And also in order to confirm or exclude the presence ofintervertebral hernia. For additional research, the doctor can prescribe a number of tests:
- Biochemistry of blood.
- General blood analysis.
- General urine analysis.
And also to appoint a consultation of narrow specialists:
- Consultation of the therapist is also mandatory.
How to treat?
Even in the absence of a clinical picture of the disease (in the absence of complaints from the patient), the treatment of Schmorl's herniashould not be delayedto prevent further development of the disease.
It is generally believed that it is the Schmorl's hernia located in the lumbar spine that is most easily curable. Conducted therapy is directed to:
- Elimination of increased muscle tone;
- Normalization of metabolic processes of cartilage and bone tissue;
- Restoration of normal motor activity;
- Elimination of pain syndrome;
Usually, doctors prescribe medicines containing calcium and vitamin D. as therapeutic drugs, as they help strengthen bone tissue.
In the presence of a pain symptom, bone-firming drugs are prescribed:
Anti-inflammatory drugsin the form of injections (meloxicam, lornoxicam), tablets (Nemux, nimesil) or in the form of ointments (fastum gel, ketonal, etc.).
Vitamins B(in tablets or injections) and preparations containing magnesium.
muscle relaxants (usually mycodalm).
Treatment with drugs is not enough so at the same time assign different procedures:
- Physiotherapy. The use of magnetic and electrotherapy is aimed at normalizing and restoring the metabolic process in muscle tissues.
- Manual therapy, the application of which is aimed at relieving muscle tension and normalizing the degree of mobility of the spine.
- Massage exercises, aimed at strengthening the muscular corset, relieving the stressed state of the patient's back. Also massage stimulates the lymph circulation and the process of blood circulation.
- Physical exercises and therapeutic gymnastics.
- Using medical baths.
- Autogravitation- the spinal traction also extends the intervertebral space, improves the blood supply of the vertebral patients and the degree of mobility.
- Swimming and swimming lessons.
The exercise of exercise therapy in the process of complex treatment areone of the main and most effectivemethod of treatment of this disease of the spine.
At the very beginning of treatment, onlysparing speciesexercise, then gradually, the degree of exercise increases in parallelstrengthening of muscles.
Gymnastics classesrelieve tensionin the spine and improve its mobility, strengthen the muscular corset, contribute to the expansion of the interdisk space. As a result of moderate exercise, blood circulation improves, bone tissue begins to flowrequired amount of oxygen.
Any physical exercises must be performed onlycalm and smooth, avoiding unnecessary jerks, sudden movements and jumps. Categorically prohibited axial load on the patient's spine.
The choice of methods of treatment depends on the clinical picture of the disease, the arising symptoms and individual contraindications.
With an increase in muscle tone and the appearance of pain,conservative complex therapy, consisting of taking medications, physiotherapy, massage and exercise therapy.
Complex of exercises
In the overwhelming majority of cases, the therapy started in time allows achieving the result in one month.
Surgical intervention is not requiredwithout serious evidence:
- fracture of vertebral body;
- large and multiple hernias of Schmorl that create a threat of vertebral fracture;
- The presence between the vertebral hernia, compressing the nerve roots or spinal cord.
How to forget about joint and spinal pain?
- Does pain limit your movements and full life?
- Are you worried about discomfort, crunching and systematic pain?
- Perhaps you have tried a bunch of medicines, creams and ointments?
A source: http://zdorovya-spine.ru/bolezni/gryzha/shmorlya-poyasnichnogo.html