1Medications for knee arthrosis: a review of drugs and injections for the treatment of gonarthrosis, feedback on the results
- 1.1What medicines are taken with arthrosis of the knee joint
- 1.3Injections for intraarticular administration
- 1.4Complex of vitamins
2Medications for arthrosis of the knee joint
- 2.1Mechanism of arthrosis of the knee joint
- 2.2General directions of conservative treatment of arthrosis of knee joints
- 2.3Нпвс - a basis of treatment of an arthrosis of knee joints
- 2.4Chondroprotectors and preparations for intraarticular administration in the fight against gonarthrosis
- 2.5Other drugs in the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joints
- 2.6Conclusion on the topic
3Treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint with medicines
- 3.1Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- 3.2Chondroprotectors for cartilage repair
- 3.3Hormonal corticosteroid preparations
- 3.4Preparations based on hyaluronic acid
- 3.5Topical preparations
4Effective treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint
- 4.1How to treat an ailment?
- 4.2All medical measures are aimed at the following tasks:
- 4.4Treatment with folk remedies
5Preparations for the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint: types, features
- 5.1What do they represent the drug of this group?
- 5.2Indications for the appointment of chondroprotectors
- 5.3How Chondroprotectors Work
- 5.4Classification of medicines with chondroprotective action
- 5.5Selection of medicines for the treatment of arthrosis
- 5.6Contraindications to prescription
- 5.7The use of tablets for the treatment of arthrosis
- 5.8The use of medicinal ointments
- 5.9Intramuscular administration of the drug
- 5.10Intra-articular effective injections
Medications for knee arthrosis: a review of drugs and injections for the treatment of gonarthrosis, feedback on the results
Knee joint damage with arthrosis is a disease that causes discomfort and brings discomfort to life. Severe pathology occurs in every fifth person, but much more often the disease affects the body of women.
This is due to the peculiarities of the change in their body after forty years. Having found out in itself a disease of the knee (gonarthrosis), it is necessary to immediately consult a specialist, so that he prescribed the right medications for unpleasant arthrosis of the knee joint.
Let's look in more detail, what means can appoint an experienced doctor.
What medicines are taken with arthrosis of the knee joint
A person who first experiences pain associated with gonarthrosis may not even realize that the disease is present in the body.
If discomfort occurs after a long stay in one position or immediately after awakening, and during the day pass - this is the first stage of development of pathology.
In the second stage, pain comes more often, becomes more intense, while walking a man or woman can feel discomfort or even a strong pain syndrome, in the knee often hear a kind of sound - creak. During palpation, a person feels pain.
The third stage is the final stage of the disease, when the knee joint is no longer subject to complete recovery.
In this case, the patient experiences constant painful pains, he can get fever, it becomes difficult to move, there is lameness.
To avoid serious consequences, you need to make a diagnosis in time and get to a specialist. In addition to medicines, there are other options for reducing pain syndrome and treating gonarthrosis:
- Cane. The most severe sensations in gonarthrosis a person experiences while walking. This is due to the load that the body exerts on the knee joints. To significantly reduce it, you need to use special crutches or cane. It is desirable to choose a cane with a rubber nozzle, which will eliminate the possibility of slipping. The ideal length of the product is from the wrist (when the hand is lowered) to the floor.
- Exercise and diet. Often, the development of the disease is associated with an incorrect way of life, obesity, inactive work. To speed up the healing process, you need to start eating right, get enough vitamins in your food. Medical gymnastics will help get rid of gonarthrosis, but it is allowed only after the inflammation has been removed.
- Physiotherapy, manual therapy. These methods will help restore the damaged joint to food, the patient's knee will flow more blood, helping to speed recovery. After the massage, the patient will experience considerable relief, however, these procedures can not be performed during the inflammatory process.
The spectrum of drugs is extensive during the treatment of gonarthrosis. Doctors prescribe to their patients special compresses, ointments, tablets, injections intramuscularly.
There are two main effective groups of drugs that help get rid of unpleasant pathology, they differ in the way they are affected.
Take medication is necessary at the stated dosage, after the recommendation of the attending physician. In case of illness, do not self-medicate.
The non-steroid group of anti-inflammatory drugs is a means that do not contain hormonal substances. These medicines are the first help in case of illness.
Various drugs of non-steroid type can remove the symptoms of the disease: much quicker to cope with the pain, remove inflammation of the tissues.
In the importance of the type of drug is also different: some have more anti-inflammatory action (ibuprofen, aspirin, amidopirin), others - anesthetizing (diclofenac, ketoprofen, indomethacin)..
The peculiarity of the action of non-steroid drugs is that they only help to remove the main symptoms of the disease, but do not contribute to the complete cure of the knee..
Once the inflammation comes down, a person should stop taking these medications.
The absence of obvious symptoms can be mistaken for a sick patient as a recovery, and non-steroidal medicines have unpleasant side effects for the body:
- Prolonged use of such drugs can affect the violation of the body's water balance, which will lead to dehydration of the cartilage in the knee joint. In this case, arthrosis will progress even faster.
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) can adversely affect the stomach. Often, the long reception of such medications is accompanied by the appearance of problems with the gastrointestinal tract (gastrointestinal tract) - erosive, ulcerative pathologies, gastritis. Especially cautious should be those who already suffer from such diseases.
- The rate of blood flow in the kidneys may be impaired. This will contribute to the accumulation of salts, increased pressure, as a result - problems with the heart.
- Cardiovascular diseases can also be provoked by anti-inflammatory drugs. If they are used improperly, thrombosis, stroke, and infarction may occur.
The second main group of drugs in the treatment of arthrosis are chondroprotectors.
Unlike non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, they not only help to significantly reduce unpleasant manifestations of gonarthrosis, but also help to effectively treat pathology.
Such drugs are considered relatively safe, have no serious side effects, but they must be taken with caution and after the prescription by the doctor. They are an indispensable part of effective treatment of gonarthrosis.
The principle of the drug is to help the body's recovery processes.
Thanks to the use of these drugs, blood circulation in the area of the affected knee joint improves, the joint liquid begins to be produced in normal quantities, and its property to provide a lubricating effect returns in the norm. The subtleties of the treatment of arthrosis with chondroprotective medicines:
- Do not wait for a quick cure with this type of medication. Chondroprotectors start to help not at once. Duration of admission varies from half a year to a year, and the first positive changes are visible only after a few months.
- The effect of drugs will be exclusively in the first two stages of gonarthrosis. On the third - the cartilaginous tissue, on which the chondroprotectors act, is no longer subject to recovery, because it is completely destroyed.
- There are two types of chondroprotectors - chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine, which have not yet been agreed upon by specialists. Some scientists even argue that these drugs can weaken each other's actions.
After consultation with a specialist, you need to buy medications for agonizing gonarthrosis. The cost of drugs varies depending on the manufacturer, the quality of the substances in the composition, the pharmacy.
There are funds, both at a high price, and their inexpensive analogues, differing only in name. Consider the best effective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and chondroprotectors.
- Ingredients: active ingredient - diclofenac sodium + excipients.
- Indications: it helps with inflammatory, degenerative pathological changes in the musculoskeletal system. The drug is effective for arthrosis, arthritis. Has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, produces an analgesic effect, removes the temperature.
- Application: dosage is administered individually depending on the course of the disease. For adults, prescribe 25-50 mg of the drug when taken inside 2-3 times a day.
- The price: 40-100 rubles.
- Ingredients: chondroitin sulfate + glucosamine hydrochloride.
- Indications: the medicine is an indispensable tool in the fight against gonarthrosis, it is prescribed for osteochondrosis of the spine and other diseases associated with dysfunction of the cartilage tissue. Produced in tablets.
- Application: in tablets of 250 milligrams - 2 pieces 2 times a day, 500 mg - 1 twice a day, 750 mg - 1-2 pills.
- The price: 670-1600 rubles.
- Ingredients: glucosamine sulphate + excipients.
- Indications: it helps in the treatment of gonarthrosis and other diseases of cartilage tissue. The active substance of the drug restores normal metabolic work in the cartilage, contributes to its better nutrition, good "lubrication". Reduces pain by inhibiting degenerative processes.
- Application: powder (in sachets) - one package once a day for one and a half months, injections - 1 ampoule 3 times a week.
- The price: 1100-1200 rubles.
- Ingredients: glucosamine + auxiliary elements.
- Indication: with negative processes in cartilage tissue. The medicine helps to cope with arthrosis of the knee joint, producing an anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect. It stimulates the regenerative processes in the cartilaginous tissues.
- Application: the drug is administered intramuscularly. Used for two milliliters of Elbon with a solvent, are administered once a day three times a week. The duration of the course is 1 month.
- The price is 1200-1400 rubles.
- Ingredients: chondroitin sodium + sodium salt.
- Indication: this chondroprotective medicine helps the patient to cope with arthrosis of the knee faster, restoring the cartilaginous tissue, improving its nutrition. Has antioxidant effects, helps to cope with inflammation.
- Application: the drug is used in capsules, the recommended dose of the drug is 1000 milligrams.
- The price: 1400-1500 rubles.
- Ingredients: chondroitin sodium + glucosamine hydrochloride.
- Indication: a combined medicine, helps slow down the destructive processes affecting the tissue of the human cartilage, which helps the faster treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint. Reduces discomfort, relieves inflammation.
- Application: the first 20 days of 1 tablet 3 times a day, then two more. The course lasts 2-3 months.
- The price: 1000-1500 rubles.
- Composition: chondroitin sulfate + auxiliary elements.
- Indications: The medicine is indicated for people suffering from arthrosis of the knee joint of the first and second degree. The drug helps to get rid of inflammation, pain, promotes the recovery processes that return the cartilage tissue health, improve metabolic processes.
- Application: a day after 1 ampoule of medicine intramuscularly.
- The price is 1200-1300 rubles.
- Composition: chondroitin sulfate + excipients.
- Indication: the medicine promotes the regeneration of damaged tissues, helps to cope with inflammation, reduces pain symptoms. It improves the metabolic processes occurring inside the fibrous and hyaline cartilage.
- Application: 2 tablets (0.5 grams) 2 times a day.
- The price is 300-500 rubles.
- Composition: chondroitin sodium sulphate + auxiliary elements.
- Indications: it is used for osteochondrosis, cartilage damage, arthrosis of the knee joint. Helps reduce inflammation, remove severe pain syndrome, improve metabolism, occurring in cartilage tissues. It stops degenerative processes.
- Application: 1000 mg per day (2 tablets twice a day).
- The price: 60-300 rubles.
Injections for intraarticular administration
There is another method of therapy for gonarthrosis.
For him, doctors use solutions with drugs that are injected directly into the cartilage, having an immediate effect on it.
This method of treatment gives an excellent effect, helping to quickly cope with the disease. For the introduction use effective hormonal drugs. More about these drugs:
- Hyaluronic acid (sodium hyaluronate). She has been used for many years as the main assistant in the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint. This substance forms a kind of "protective layer protecting cartilage from negative effects. Has a moisturizing, nutritional effect.
- Hydrocortisone. It is a corticosteroid hormone used when non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs almost do not give the desired effect. Helps to quickly remove the pain, but has serious side effects. For example, with frequent application destroys cartilaginous tissue.
- Diprospan. A hormonal corticosteroid drug that helps to relieve inflammation. Used in extreme cases, when other means are not effective. It is permissible to use Diprospan more often than once a week, otherwise it can harm the body.
- Flosteron. It is prescribed for severe inflammatory processes in the knee joint. Helps to quickly remove puffiness, reduce pain. Contains betamethasone, which has a rapid effect on inflamed tissues.
- Celeston. Hormonal corticosteroid drug, rapidly reducing inflammation in the cartilaginous tissue, resulting in a reduction in pain. It is not applied internally due to severe side effects, but with injection it helps.
- Kenalog. Contains triamcinolone, which contributes to the rapid removal of inflammatory processes during arthrosis of the knee joint. The medicine should not be administered if there is a risk of infectious infection of the affected tissues.
Complex of vitamins
The disease of gonarthrosis is directly related to the lack of vitamins, because they feed affected tissues.
To feel better, a person must adhere to proper nutrition, exclude bad habits - the use of alcohol, smoking.
Vitamin complexes will help the patient to saturate the body with necessary substances, improve metabolic processes, which in the end will help improve overall health, reduce inflammation.
The doctor appoints the patient complex preparations in tablets, but extreme cases involve the injection of the necessary trace elements. A person is recommended to eat food rich in useful substances. What vitamins are needed for use:
- vitamins A, B, D, PP;
A source: http://vrachmedik.ru/30-lekarstva-ot-artroza-kolennogo-sustava.html
Medications for arthrosis of the knee joint
Correctly prescribed treatment with modern medicines for arthrosis of the knee joint (serious diseases of the osseous - articular system) can significantly improve the health and quality of life patient.
It should be considered in more detail what large groups all medicines are divided, Used for arthrosis of the knee joint, to name their brightest representatives and the manifestation of the therapeutic effect.
Mechanism of arthrosis of the knee joint
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint (gonarthrosis) is a serious degenerative-dystrophic lesion of the cartilaginous and osseous tissues of the knee joint. Its frequent causes are:
- heavy loads on knee joints due to obesity, sports, hard work;
- any deformities of the lower limbs;
- knee injury;
- hereditary predisposition;
- poor blood circulation;
- disturbances in metabolic processes;
- varicose veins, etc.
Gonarthrosis can develop at any age, cover both one and both knees. The mechanism of the disease is as follows.
Due to the above reasons, at the molecular-biochemical level, some processes begin to occur, leading to thinning of the cartilaginous layer.
Initial signs of the development of pathology of knee joints should be considered:
- pain in the knees with various movements of the legs;
- redness and swelling of problem areas;
- a crunch in the joints.
If at this time the disease is not given importance and does not produce adequate treatment, then the condition of the affected joint deteriorates, its mobility is violated, partial or complete deformation occurs.
Depending on the severity of the development of pathology, 3 stages of osteoarthritis of the knee joints are distinguished. The disease is completely curable when referring to a specialist at the initial stages of its development. Ignoring the first signs and lack of proper treatment leads to the progression of the disease.
Running pathology is incurable, leads the patient to disability. Even with ordinary walking, you will need special devices: a cane or crutches..
According to medical practice, patients are treated with arthrosis of the knee joint second degree, when the disease begins to show its signs clearly, and the tangible destruction of the joint is not yet comes..
During this period, with the help of an integrated treatment approach based on conservative therapy, persistent positive results can be achieved.
Medicamentous treatment of arthrosis should be reasonably combined with physiotherapeutic procedures, therapeutic gymnastics, proper nutrition, healthy lifestyle.
General directions of conservative treatment of arthrosis of knee joints
Medication therapy is the basis of treatment for arthrosis of the knee joint. Its important areas are:
- elimination of the symptoms of the disease - pain, swelling, inflammation;
- improvement of blood circulation in problem tissues;
- restoration of joint mobility;
- suspension of degenerative - dystrophic destruction of the cartilage and bones of the joint.
Treatment of this disease is a complex and lengthy process. All medications for arthrosis of the knee joint according to the mechanism of action are divided into several large groups:
- NSAIDs (anti-inflammatory non-steroid agents);
- preparations for intra-articular injection;
- means for improving blood circulation;
- muscle relaxants;
- means of local action;
- bioadditives and vitamin complexes.
There are several common ways of introducing drugs into the patient's body:
Now, each medical direction should be considered more specifically and separately.
Нпвс - a basis of treatment of an arthrosis of knee joints
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are rightly considered the first emergency aid for gonarthrosis. Drugs are highly effective and powerful, designed to quickly eliminate the main symptoms of the disease, namely:
- acute or aching pain;
- inflammatory phenomena;
- redness, etc.
Bright representatives of this group of drugs are:
- "Nabumeton" and others.
The listed medicines for arthrosis effectively relieve the symptoms of the disease, but do not contribute to the restoration of the damaged knee joint.
NSAIDs, being potent drugs, have a number of dangerous side effects. Therefore, their use must be strictly controlled by the attending physician. After eliminating the symptoms of the disease, the doctor cancels the use of these medications.
Strong side effects of NSAIDs are:
- the occurrence of various ulcerative and erosive pathologies on the gastric mucosa;
- decreased renal blood flow, negatively affecting the work of the heart;
- development of thrombosis, myocardial infarction, stroke of the heart;
- violation of the whole body's water balance.
Medical science does not stand still.
To date, with arthrosis of the knee joint, NSAIDs of selective action have been used, which harmoniously combine the safety and efficacy of the effect on the body. These include the following tablets: "Rofecoxib "Celecoxib "Etoricoxib etc.
Chondroprotectors and preparations for intraarticular administration in the fight against gonarthrosis
Another large group of drugs used in the treatment of gonarthrosis are chondroprotectors.
They contain substances glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate, which nourish and repair the cartilage tissue of the joint.
The affected area improves blood circulation, the functionality of the joint fluid comes back to normal.
The most common representatives of this group should be considered:
- "Arthrin etc.
The disadvantages of such treatment are: the need for long-term exposure to drugs and their high price. The deformed joints of the knees at the last stage of the disease can not be restored, because their cartilaginous tissue is completely destroyed.
Physicians pay great attention to intraarticular injections in the treatment of gonarthrosis. The principle of their action is quite simple. The medicine is injected with a special syringe directly into the synovial fluid surrounding the joint.
Direct introduction of medicines into the joint cavity allows to save the patient from the effect of many negative consequences arising when taking the tablets.
Medicinal preparations for intraarticular injections are divided into the following groups:
- corticosteroid anti-inflammatory hormones blocking the pain syndrome ("Celeston "Diclofenac "Hydrocortisone");
- medicines containing hyaluronic acid ("Fermatron "Duralan "Synvisc");
- chondroprotectors ("Elbona "Dona "Artra").
It should be noted that drugs with hyaluronic acid have a powerful positive effect on the injured knee joint in such directions:
- actively feed cells of cartilaginous tissue, stimulating their regeneration;
- increase the quantity and quality of synovial fluid, which increases the depreciation of the joint;
- eliminate inflammatory processes;
- protect cartilage tissue from any adverse effects.
The dose of medication to be administered inside the damaged joint is calculated by the attending physician individually for each patient. With long-term use of these drugs, the chance to get side effects, often negatively affecting the nervous system of the patient, increases.
Other drugs in the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joints
The medicinal method of treatment of gonarthrosis involves the use of the following groups of drugs:
- local action;
- means for improving blood circulation;
- muscle relaxants;
- biologically active additives, etc.
Miorelaxants in the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joints contribute to the elimination of muscle tension, pain relief, and improvement of blood circulation. The most popular of them are considered drugs such as "Sirdalud "Midokalm".
To improve microcirculation and circulation in the periarticular tissues of the damaged joint, it is necessary to take medications for vasodilator action. Their bright representatives are: "Trental "Cavinton" and "Actovegin".
Simultaneously with the use of medicines, topical preparations are usually prescribed: ointments, gels, creams. These drugs help reduce pain, eliminate the inflammatory process..
A good effect showed ointments and gels: "Voltaren "Ibuprofen "Diclofenac etc. Ointments quickly penetrate to the destination, so the effect of them comes instantly..
Local medicines are safe to use; negative effects on the body are excluded.
One of the main reasons for the onset of gonarthrosis is the inadequate nutrition of the patient and the lack of necessary vitamins and nutrients.
In pathology of the musculoskeletal system, it is necessary to replenish useful substances and vitamins E, A, C, B, PP, copper, calcium, zinc, magnesium, boron, etc.
Conclusion on the topic
Thus, thanks to modern medicines, any pathology of the knee joints is successfully treated at the initial stages of the development of the disease. In this regard, it is important to contact a specialist in a timely manner for the correct purpose of treatment.
A source: https://OrtoCure.ru/kosti-i-sustavy/artroz/tabletki-ot-artroza-kolennogo-sustava.html
Treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint with medicines
With arthrosis of the knee joint, the cartilage covering the joint begins to gradually break down. Suffer connective tissues, bones and muscles.
The process is accompanied by swelling, painful sensations and inflammation.
The disease practically immobilizes a person, so it is necessary to act when the first symptoms of the disease appear.
Among the medicines for the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint, hormonal and non-hormonal drugs, chondroprotectors, various ointments and compresses are mainly used.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
The most effective and modern are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Their main function is to stop the inflammation, remove pain and swelling, thereby restore mobility to the joint.
Unfortunately, NSAIDs can not cure arthrosis without additional medications that trigger the process of restoring cartilaginous tissue.
The most popular non-steroidal agents are in the form of tablets. Manufacturers also produce these drugs in the form of candles, ointments and gels. There are also non-steroid injections, they are of two types: intraarticular, which are placed directly into the knee joint, and intramuscularly.
Medicinal non-hormonal agents with caution are taken with diseases of the digestive tract and anemia, increased blood pressure and heart problems. Contraindications are certain hepatic diseases, breast-feeding and pregnancy.
The patient must undergo all the prescribed treatment, even if the pain disappeared after a few days and the well-being improved significantly. Do not take NSAID for a long time, otherwise they inhibit the restoration of cartilaginous tissue.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug in the form of tablets
Among non-hormonal drugs, the most popular are Ketoprofen, Voltaren, Indomethacin, and Celecoxib. The drug is selected depending on the symptoms and degree of arthrosis. The most effective means and the correct dosage can be prescribed only by a specialist.
Chondroprotectors for cartilage repair
The group of chondroprotectors includes drugs that restore metabolic processes in the cartilage and promote its renewal.
Medicines of this type are made on the basis of extracts from avocado or soybeans.
Sometimes in their composition include cartilaginous and bony tissues of marine invertebrates and salmonids.
Chondroprotectors are recommended to combine with drugs that normalize blood circulation in the joint and metabolic processes.
With arthrosis, cartilage is destroyed due to a lack of building material.
Nonsteroidal agents relieve inflammation, and chondroprotectors supply elements that the body uses to repair cartilaginous tissue.
Drugs of this type come in three forms: for oral administration, injections, various ointments and gels. The former are available in the form of tablets and powders for solution preparation..
If the patient is prescribed drugs in a "solid" form, the duration of the course of treatment will be at least 6 months..
Restoration of cartilaginous tissue is a rather lengthy procedure, so patients notice the result only after 3 months. Just as much is needed to fix the effect.
Injections can be injected directly into the joint or injected intramuscularly. For the first method, 1 to 5 procedures are sufficient, then they switch to tablets. The course of intramuscular injections consists of 10-20 injections.
Chondroprotector in the form of capsules
Chondroprotectors in the form of tablets are not recommended for use in severe diseases of the digestive organs. They are contraindicated for women bearing a baby, and when lactating. These drugs are useless at the advanced stage of knee arthrosis, in such cases only surgery saves.
Among the tablets are popular "Structum "Artra" and "Teraflex".
Injections of "Alflutop" are made on the basis of fish cartilages, the main component of "Adgelon" is extracted from the blood of cattle, and the active substance of "Noltrex" is synthesized in the laboratory. Popular ointments and gels based on chondroprotectors - "Chondroxide" and "Chondroitin".
Hormonal corticosteroid preparations
Corticosteroid tablets in modern medicine are practically not used because of serious negative health effects.
They were replaced with intraarticular injections, which are used as a first aid in the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint.
They quickly relieve inflammation in the joints, but they can not be used for a long time..
Corticosteroids are not prescribed for patients with diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders, epilepsy and osteoporosis..
Contraindications for some varieties are problems with the stomach and nervous system.
The most common hormones are Hydrocortisone, Dexamethasone and Diprospan.
Hormonal preparation in the form of injections
Preparations based on hyaluronic acid
Intraarticular injections using hyaluronic acid are a modern alternative to implants. Unofficially they are called liquid joint prostheses.
The agent performs the function of synovial fluid, preventing friction of the joint surfaces.
Due to the acid, the destruction of the cartilaginous tissue slows down and its elasticity and elasticity increase.
Such injections, with proper use, have no side effects. It is enough 4 injections to restore mobility of a joint and to remove a pain. Hyaluronic acid is found in Fermatron, Synvisca and Duralan. A cheaper domestic analogue is "Hyastat".
Medicinal product based on hyaluronic acid
Treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint with medicines can be supplemented with ointments or gels, as well as various compresses. Well-proven gadgets from bischofite and dimexid.
Restore blood circulation and reduce edema of medical bile. Among the ointments, it is advised to try indomethacin and butadione, diclofenac and "Menovazine".
Anesthetize and soothe gels "Fastum" and "Voltaren cream "Nikofleks" and "Espol".
A solution based on dimexide
To improve the result from drug treatment, it should be combined with a special diet and gymnastics, which should improve joint mobility and normalize metabolic processes in the cartilaginous tissue.
A source: http://artroz-plus.ru/lechenie-artroza-kolennogo-sustava-lekarstvami
Effective treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint is not a rare phenomenon. It often occurs in professional athletes, as well as those who have congenital pathologies.
How to treat an ailment?
Before you start treatment, you need to consult a doctor and make a recovery program together. Do not try to make a diagnosis yourself.
As is known, arthrosis is similar in symptoms to many other diseases, so people often incorrectly determine the type of disease. Do not save money on your health. One mistake can lead to consequences that you could not even think of.
But this does not mean that you should not understand the essence of the recommendations given by the attending physician. You also need to understand how the substance that you are prescribed is acting. It is important to clearly understand why a doctor conducts this or that procedure.
All medical measures are aimed at the following tasks:
- Elimination of pain;
- Accelerating the restoration of cartilage and improving its supply of useful elements;
- Activation of blood circulation in the place of injury;
- Reducing pressure on the joints and increasing the distance between them;
- Strengthen the muscles that are near the cartilage;
- Return of mobility to the joint.
There are many drugs that can treat arthritis. Consider the most popular of them.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Such drugs are: piroxicam, ketoprofen, meloxicam, butadione and derivatives.
Anti-inflammatory non-hormonal drugs are mainly used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
With severe pain, it is very difficult for a patient to prescribe a treatment.
Only after you remove the pain and swelling, you can go to the physiotherapy procedures, which during the pain were simply unbearable.
Preparations of this group are extremely undesirable to apply for a long time, because they "give out wishful thinking."
When there is no pain, it seems that there is no disease, but it's not like that at all. The disease continues to progress, but you do nothing to eliminate it.
The drugs can only eliminate some symptoms, but not cure.
Also in recent years it became known that long-term use of such drugs is completely harmful. Joints over time because of the processes that occur after taking medications, begin to break down even faster..
In addition, non-steroidal drugs have their side effects, which should not be forgotten..
It is better to use selective anti-inflammatory drugs, for example, the drug "Movalis".
They do not cause complications and do not have a negative effect on the cartilage of the joint. They can be taken for a long time, even for several years, since they do not cause side effects.
Naturally, it is first necessary to consult a doctor.
- Use of medicinal ointments and creams
No ointment, remember, can not contribute to the full recovery of the affected tissue, even though the advertisement "says the opposite."
Ointments can only alleviate the condition of the patient, and in this they are useful.
It is better to use ointments that have a warming effect and can restore blood supply.
Compressor products have a greater effect than warming ointments. Among the modern preparations, the "troika of the championship" is occupied by the following:
Bile medical. It is extracted by natural means. Bile has a resolving and warming effect, but has a number of contraindications.
It can not be used when there are abscesses on the skin, if lymph nodes are inflamed, or when the disease is accompanied by febrile seizures.
Menovazine and Espol are the best drugs in this category, which have virtually no side effects.
Dimexide. Perfectly anesthetizes and "fights" with infections. The drug is different in that it is really able to penetrate the skin.
It is really absorbed by the body and begins to "work" in the lesion, removing inflammatory processes. In addition, the use of this drug makes it possible to improve metabolic processes at the site of injury.
Dimexide is a very worthy drug, which is recommended for everyone.
Bishofit. It is a brine that is mined during the drilling of wells.
It became popular only after the drilling workers paid attention to its useful properties. After contact with him during work, they dissipated arthritic nodules on their hands.
As it turned out later, this brine does have an anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. It also warms the tissues well.
Injections inside the joint are often done when it is necessary to urgently hospitalize a patient or have very severe pain. Intra-articular injections can indeed significantly alleviate the patient's condition, but many make them too often.
The joint is most often injected with:Hydrocortisone, flosteron, kenalog, etc.Corticosteroids quickly cope with edema and relieve pain..
That's why such drugs have become popular with many doctors. However, many doctors begin to inject drugs too often, even with a preventive goal..
Here it is worth recalling that corticosteroids can not treat arthrosis. And, accordingly, they will not be able to prevent the onset of the disease.
Everything, on what such preparations are calculated is a removal of a pain and decrease of inflammations. Therefore, they can be used only in complex therapy.
It is important to make injections correctly. So, you can not inject into one joint more than once every fourteen days. The injected medication begins to work fully just in ten or fourteen days, so only at this time it is possible to determine its effectiveness.
Corticosteroids relieve pain more exactly after the first injection. The second and subsequent will not be so effective, and there is no point in introducing them to the same place.
If the first injection did not give a special result, then it is necessary either to change the drug or to choose another site of injection.
If nothing has changed after this, this drug should be discontinued.
Treatment with folk remedies
Folk methods of treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint allow to cope with the problem no worse than modern drugs. We list the main means:
- Butter from celandine. Take three spoons of chopped celandine and thoroughly rub it. The resulting mixture is filled into a bottle and poured with olive oil. Stir the mixture and leave to aim for two weeks in a dark place. Obtained celandine oil well strain. Every day, start rubbing the oil in the damaged areas for a month.
- Burdock. It helps with home treatment of arthrosis. For one procedure, it is enough to take five to seven leaves of burdock. All leaves are stacked with a pile, after which they put a pan with hot water. Then the affected areas are lubricated with vegetable oil, and then burdock leaves are applied to them. To fix the leg, you can wrap the food film. Repeat the procedure every day for fourteen days.
- Mumiyeh. This substance can effectively "fight" with pain in the joint. To do this, make the following mixture: mix three grams of mummy and one hundred grams of honey with each other.
Begin rubbing the mixture into the joint, having previously greased your hands with vegetable oil. Do this before you go to bed. In total it is necessary to repeat the procedure at least seven times.
Mummy can be taken even inside. This will help restore cartilage tissue. Take it for, grams for 10 days every morning for half an hour before meals.
A source: http://spina-systavi.com/bolezni/sustavov/artroz/artroz-kolennogo-sustava-profilaktika-lechenie-vidy-effektivnykh-preparatov.html
Preparations for the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint: types, features
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint is a disease that gradually leads to destruction of the cartilaginous tissue. Eliminate pain, restore intraarticular fluid will help chondroprotectors - effective drugs for the treatment of arthrosis, which have anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect.
Chondroprotectors for arthrosis are medicines that effectively repair cartilage tissue. They are widely used for the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the knee joint. They have a beneficial effect on the problem area, reducing the intensity of pain.
What do they represent the drug of this group?
Chondroprotectors are medicines of synthetic, biological origin. The main action of drugs is the restoration of hyaline intraarticular cartilage.
This means that by taking such medications, the patient protects and partially repairs the joints damaged by arthrosis.
Hondoprotectors have one feature - a gradually increasing therapeutic effect..
Active substances containing drugs for the treatment of the disease, only after a while are included in the exchange processes of the human body, gradually entering the cartilage, thereby improving the characteristics of the fluid inside the joint. To achieve this result, long-term therapy with this group of drugs is required..
Important! Chondroprotectors are drugs used to treat arthrosis, the effectiveness of which depends on the severity of the diseases and destructive tissue disorders. Do not expect a positive result when the joint is already destroyed.
Indications for the appointment of chondroprotectors
Drugs of this group are used in the presence of the following diseases:
- arthrosis: gonarthrosis, small joints;
- arthritis: periarticular, articular ailments that occur in the presence of inflammation;
- dystrophic cartilage lesions;
- trauma, spondylosis;
- after surgical intervention to return the function of the joints.
How Chondroprotectors Work
With arthrosis, there are degenerative, dystrophic processes in the cartilaginous substance that reduce motor activity, leading to discomfort, joint changes. Drugs for the treatment of diseases must repair damaged tissue.
The composition of chondroprotectors includes glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate - active components capable of:
- to revive the reaction of synthesis of the main components of the joint tissue;
- to prevent changes in cartilaginous tissue;
- have a restorative, anti-inflammatory effect;
- start the reproduction of fluid inside the joint.
Most chondroprotectors contain exclusively glucosamine or chondroitin. But the best drugs have several active substances in their composition, in different proportions, so they are more effective for treating the disease.
Classification of medicines with chondroprotective action
Chondroprotectors for arthrosis are divided into three headings, depending on the beginning of application and the time of their appearance:
- The first - preparations of biological natural origin, created by the type of effective extracts from the intraarticular tissue of fish, animals.
- The second - medicines, which include one of the active ingredients: glucosamine, chondroitin or hyaluronic acid.
- The third is a combination of drugs used to treat arthrosis, they contain different combinations of chondroitin, glucosamine and hyaluronic acid. They often include chondroitin and glucosamine.
Selection of medicines for the treatment of arthrosis
In the network of pharmacies there is a wide range of medicines of this group, according to the instruction - they are similar in proportion to dosage, content.
Not to be mistaken with a choice will help the initial data on the illness and recommendations of surgeons-orthopedists. It is he who can prescribe the appropriate therapy to the patient.
And pick up the best ointments.
Drugs prescribed for the treatment of arthrosis may differ in the percentage of active substances, the degree of purification of raw materials, their sources and the presence of additives.
Dearest chondroprotectors with arthrosis of the knee joint, which have long proved themselves on the positive side, have been tested, and there are also reliable data on their effectiveness. In addition, they are maximally purified from various impurities. This means that allergic reactions, possible side effects are minimized.
Usually, drugs of this group are well tolerated by patients, undesirable effects are noted only occasionally. Among them we can distinguish: disorders of the digestive tract, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, allergies.
Often, these phenomena are provoked by non-active components, and additives, impurities, which are in various amounts.
The main substances - glucosamine and chondroitin - are natural natural components that are close in characteristics to the human body, so they are safe.
Contraindications to prescription
Chondroprotectors for inflammation of the joints are not used in the following cases:
- lactation, waiting period for crumbs;
- children under 12 years;
- individual reaction to a certain component of the drug (a similar drug or another drug is prescribed);
- severe ailments of the gastrointestinal tract (use of medicines in tableted form is excluded);
- neglected arthrosis - because of the impossibility of achieving a positive effect.
The use of tablets for the treatment of arthrosis
The necessary therapeutic effect is given to the combined combined chondroprotectors: Moveks, Teraflex. They are prescribed at stages 1-3 of the disease, in combination with local therapy, through ointments. To achieve optimal results, therapy should be continuous.
Duration of treatment from 3 to 4 months, depending on the severity of the disease. This feature must be taken into account by patients..
Do not expect from the use of chondroprotectors in the form of immediate-effect tablets, since it occurs as the joints recover and strengthen..
One-component medicines ("Glucosamine "Chondroitin "Don") are less effective, but their cost is an order of magnitude lower than combined. In connection with what they are appointed in the first stage of gonarthrosis.
The use of medicinal ointments
Local preparations in the form of a gel or ointment are endowed with the lowest therapeutic properties.
Therefore, they must be used with combined therapy.
The active substances are absorbed faster through the surface of the dermis in the affected areas when using creams in therapeutic procedures (phonophoresis).
Intramuscular administration of the drug
Injection of drugs of this group - the middle of the qualitative therapy of joint arthrosis.
In this case, the speed, absorption of active substances in the metabolism of the intraarticular tissue is slightly higher than when taking tablets.
This feature is useful for patients in combination of two diseases - arthrosis and gonarthrosis, osteochondrosis. After therapy, it is advisable to switch to the use of maintenance treatment.
Chondroprotectors for intramuscular and intraarticular administration have excellent capabilities.
Intra-articular effective injections
The most effective way to prevent the rapid destruction of intraarticular cartilage, to restore it - the introduction of a drug into the focus of inflammation.
In this manipulation, in addition to positive characteristics, there are certain limitations. This is due to the process of the treatment procedure, possible complications.
Therefore, the need for prescribing therapy is determined by the attending physician who will perform this procedure..
The knee joint is groped without much difficulty, since it is a fairly large organ..
When inflammation of the cartilaginous tissue in it are administered various drugs used for intramuscular injection ("Dona "Mukosat "Alfutol"), and analogues intraarticular normal fluid based on an effective hyaluronic acid.
Medicines of this group are quite expensive, which somewhat limits their use.
Most patients with gonarthrosis use them only in exceptional cases, with neglected forms of the disease, when really effective remedies are needed for treatment.
The management of synovial fluid analogues in the last stages of the disease was noted by a really high result. The duration of therapy is 3-5 injections.
Chondroprotectors are drugs that take a special place in complex therapy for the treatment of arthrosis of any form.
Do not expect the medications of this group of analgesic instantaneous result, since they protect joints, slowing the process of destruction of intraarticular tissue, gradually repairing the damaged structure.
A source: http://medistoriya.ru/travmatologiya/preparaty-dlya-lecheniya-artroza-kolennogo-sustava.html