Betagistin has a histamine-like pharmacological effect.
It helps reduce permeability and improve microcirculation in the vessels. It is prescribed to patients with Meniere's disease or other pathologies, which are accompanied by severe hearing loss or paroxysmal noises in the ears.
On this page you will find all information about Betagistin: the full instructions for use on this medicated medium, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogs of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already applied Betagistin. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
A drug that improves the microcirculation of the labyrinth, used in the pathology of the vestibular apparatus.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much does Betagistin cost? The average price in pharmacies is at the level of130 rubles..
Form of issue and composition
The form of release of this drug is one - a pill. However, they are produced with different amounts of active substance:
- Ploskotsilindrichesky white tablets of the round form with a labeling of a dose of an active component (betagistina dihydrochloride) - 8 mg.
- Oblong and biconvex tablets with rounded edges with a labeling dose of the active ingredient (betagistin dihydrochloride) - 16 or 24 mg.
As auxiliary ingredients, these forms contain sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium croscarmellose, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate and citric acid.
The drug is a direct analog of histamine. The drug improves the movement of blood in the capillaries of the ear canal. Also, a unique composition increases the blood flow velocity in the basilar artery. Doctors noted that when treating Betagistin normal pressure in the cochlea of the ear zone.
Regular intake of the drug at the doctor's discharge leads to normalization of the vestibular apparatus. The patients immediately go through a dizziness, and symptoms such as ringing in the ears and headache. There are even results of treatment, where the patient has improved hearing after a chronic illness.
The state of health will be better only 2-3 days after admission. It is possible to achieve full recovery after 2 weeks of systemic reception of Betagistin. In some cases, it is necessary to drink the pills for a couple of months to fix the effect of the medication.
Indications for use
Very often on Internet forums, users ask the question: "What is Betahistin used for?".
- Indications for use are the following: treatment of Meniere's syndrome, as well as symptoms that may include dizziness, tinnitus, partial hearing loss, nausea, impaired coordination.
Help: Meniere's syndrome manifests itself in the form of vestibular and auditory disorders, previously not observed in humans. Can develop as an acute stroke. Has a high probability of subsequent relapse.
Betagistin is not used in the presence of one of the following conditions of patients:
- children's age of the patient (up to 18 years);
- pregnancy, the period of breastfeeding;
- deficiency of lactose in the body;
- poor lactose tolerance, malabsorption syndrome (decreased intestinal absorption);
- recorded allergic reaction to one of the components of the drug.
Patients who are diagnosed with one of the following diseases can take Betagistin only under the condition of regular monitoring of well-being and carrying out the necessary examinations:
- bronchial asthma;
- stomach ulcer;
- diseases of the duodenum;
- neoplasms in the adrenal glands.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
Pregnant women, as well as breastfeeding Betagistin can not be appointed. If there is an acute need for admission to a woman during lactation, breastfeeding should be discontinued. Resume feeding can be after complete withdrawal of the drug.
Instructions for use
In the instructions for use, it is indicated that the pills of Betagistin are ingested during meals. Treatment is long. The course of treatment is determined individually.
Recommended dosing regimen:
- tablets 8 mg: 1-2 pcs. 3 times a day;
- tablets 16 mg -1 pcs. 3 times a day;
- tablets 24 mg: 1 pc. 2 times a day.
Improvement is usually noted already at the beginning of therapy, a stable therapeutic effect occurs after 2 weeks of treatment and may increase over several months of treatment.
Common side effects from taking "Betagistin" are noted in one out of ten patients. The list of the most common unwanted effects includes such symptoms as:
- discomfort or bloating;
- headaches (you can take painkillers, but only after a preliminary consultation with a specialist);
- upset stomach (usually occurs when taking the medication before meals);
- general poor health;
- allergic reactions to the skin in the form of itching and rash (should take an antihistamine or lubricate the problem areas moisturizer).
If these recommendations do not help to eliminate side effects, the patient should consult a doctor.
General information on cases of overdose with Betagistin was not reported. It is known that some patients experienced mild and moderate symptoms in the form of headache, nausea, drowsiness and pain in the abdominal area when taking the drug at a dose of up to 640 mg.
- Other symptoms of overdose: vomiting, dyspepsia, ataxia and convulsions.
More serious complications: convulsions, pulmonary or cardiovascular complications were observed in cases of deliberate drug overdose, especially in combination with other medications preparations. There is no specific antidote, therefore, in case of an overdose with this medicine, gastric lavage is recommended within one hour after administration.
Betagistin does not have a sedative effect, does not affect the rate of reactions and the ability to concentrate.
If a patient has a history of duodenal ulcers or stomach ulcers, as well as bronchial asthma, pheochromocytoma, reception of tablets Betagistin should be carried out under constant supervision specialists.
Since the drug has a vasodilating effect, it is not recommended to use it simultaneously with antihistamines and MAO inhibitors (monoamine oxidase), used as antidepressants.
Betagistin increases blood flow and improves the permeability of capillaries, but the effect can be significantly reduced. The result of simultaneous influence on the blood supply system of antihistamines and betahistine can be a noticeable decrease in the activity of the latter.
Most of the reviews about Beta-histidine tablets are positive. This is a quality generic of the original Betaserc preparation at an affordable price. After starting the medication, patients note improvements in balance, they were able to stand on one leg, touch the pincushion of the ring finger to the tip of the nose.
Here are some feedback from people:
- Vera. The last time, as soon as the noise in my ears started, my head was spinning, so it was hard for me to orient myself when I crossed the road. Betazhistin helped me literally a week later, I took it at 16 mg.
Alexander. I used betahistine with a vestibular neuronite in a dose of 16 mg 3 times a day (for 2 weeks), and then, starting at 3 weeks, at the same daily dose, 48 mg in 2 24 mg doses.
The effect turned out to be good, because within a week the duplication was stopped, it became possible to control coordination and stability. For a long time, the loss of hearing and zalozhennost, fear and noise in the ears... I strongly recommend this drug for long-term and effective treatment.
- Anna. The medicine is really excellent. For I have tried many things from dizziness. There is also its analog with the same active substance-tagista. I was prescribed a neurologist after a head injury from wild dizziness for days, could not stand and walk. After application within a week it became better, in 2 weeks has forgotten about a problem.
Negative responses that the remedy does not help is due to the fact that the disease is very neglected and it is possible, in addition to Betagistin, that any other medications are needed. Despite the many positive reviews, you should not take the drug yourself, especially since it is only released on prescription.
Betagystine analogues are: Betagistin-Nanolek, Betagistin Canon, Betagistin-SZ, Betaver, Betacentrine, Betaserk, Vestikap, Vestibo, Vertran, Tagista, Micrometer.
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Stored at room temperature. The shelf life may vary somewhat depending on the form of the drug (tablet or capsule), as well as from the manufacturer, an average of 2-3 years.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.