Inhalation for children
In the period from autumn to spring, acute respiratory infections are not uncommon. Worst of all, when this affects the youngest members of the family. At such moments, all means are used to help alleviate the suffering of the baby and cure a cold. Inhalation for children is the most effective method to accelerate the process of recovery, remove the severity of symptoms. For all parents, this issue is acute and many are increasingly turning to the treatment of childhood diseases by effective methods. How to properly do inhalation for children and what to use for this, read on.
How to inhale a child
Inhalation is characterized as the treatment of respiratory diseases by the direct administration of drugs into the inflamed foci of the respiratory system. This method of treatment is considered the fastest, most reliable and safe if you want to cure your child in a short time. This requires nebulizers, which allow you to perform the procedure with pure steam, essential oils, potato or herbal decoctions, etc.
In the modern age, there are a huge number of such adaptations that facilitate the process of inhalation and are applied to children of different ages. There are no specific age-related contraindications for children for this procedure (except for newborn babies and one-year-old babies), it is important to persuade the child not to frighten him.
When to do
You will certainly need an inhaler for children to effectively treat respiratory problems. Diseases that can be treated with inhalation include:
- tonsillitis (loss of voice);
- pharyngitis, laryngitis;
- bronchial asthma;
- allergy to pollen.
Execution of inhalation for children must comply with all rules that comply with the following recommendations:
- plan inhalation so that there is a break of at least an hour between eating and manipulation;
- when the baby breathes, put him to sleep;
- The duration of the inhalation should not exceed three minutes in children;
- An effective course of treatment with inhalations consists of at least 10 sessions.
Types of inhalers
Depending on the disease that needs to be treated, there are different types of inhalers. Some of them are aimed at eliminating cough, others help normalize breathing in the nasal sinuses, others are used for angina, asthma, and others. Still there are universal devices that make it possible to effectively treat diseases at home. Read more about them in more detail.
The very term "nebulizer" comes from "nebula" and literally means fog or cloud. The appearance of this device in the distant XVIII century characterized the transformation of the liquid with drugs into an aerosol for inhalation. The difference between a nebulizer and steam engines is that it creates a flow of medicinal microparticles with the help of an aerosol method. Today's pharmacies offer to choose and buy at different prices these electric devices from leading manufacturers (Omron, Gamma, Geyser, Spacer).
In this case, the air that enters through a narrow opening is subject to low pressure. As a result, the air velocity increases, and the liquid from the chamber is sucked too into the low pressure region. Here, the drug begins to interact with the air stream, breaking into minute particles that enter the most remote parts of the airways.
To somehow attract children to the process of inhalation, manufacturers of such techniques are trying to create an interesting look. This option includes a compressor inhaler called "Steam Engine" of the company "Omron". It has a beautiful bright look of a toy locomotive, it is equipped with all necessary tubes, masks, which are used for breathing by different methods. It is possible to use even a 4-month-old child.
The effect of such an immobilizer is based on the action of the medical fluid by high-frequency ultrasonic waves, as a result of which the aerosol of the inhaler is formed. However, the use of drugs for inhalations in this case is not advisable, because ultrasonic frequencies destroy high-molecular compounds of antibiotics, mucolytics and other medications. Use better herbal decoctions or saline solutions with medicine.
The nebulizer of this type is based on the effect of evaporation of volatile drug solutions (these are, as a rule, essential oils), which have a boiling point below one hundred degrees. However, in comparison with the previous species, the steam inhaler has a number of disadvantages, among which limited use of drugs in a very small concentration, which does not always give the necessary a healing effect.
Solution for inhalation
To effectively use any inhalation for children, it is necessary not just water for inhalations, it is important to prepare special solutions. They are created on the basis of different drugs, the list of which is the doctor for intensive care. These can be bronchial medications, antibiotics, expectorants or solutions with soda. See what the inhalations in the nebulizer do next.
These drugs are designed to treat bronchi. The maximum effect of bronchodilators is achieved by delivering small particles to the bronchi with the help of inhalation procedures. These include the following inhibitors:
- "Ventolin Nebula"
- Composition: salbutamol as the main component that creates a medicinal effect.
- Indications: prescribed by doctors with bronchial asthma, as well as with chronic lung disease.
- Application: the suspension is used in its pure form, ml, or diluted with "Sodium Chloride". The procedure should last no more than 10 minutes, and the allowed frequency daily - up to 4 times.
- Composition: fenoterol, which effectively removes asthma attacks.
- Indications. This medicine is necessary for use as a prophylaxis or treatment for asthma, chronic lung disease.
- Application: inhalation for young children (before the execution of 6 years), take 20-25 drops of "Beroteka" and drip directly into the inhaler.
This type of medicine refers to expectorants that dilute mucus. With the help of inhalations with mucolytics, doctors effectively fight with a strong cough of any origin. These drugs are good for removing the swelling of the mucous membranes, dilute even high-viscosity sputum. Here's what you can do with inhalation:
"Ambrobene" or its analogues: Ambroxol, Ambrohexal:
- Ingredients: the main ingredient is ambroxol;
- Indication: is intended for the therapy of acute or chronic diseases of the respiratory system.
- Application: it is not recommended to use with medicines, under the name: "Falimint "Pectusin "Broncholitin "Sinekod others. To make inhalation for children, dilute 2 ml of syrup with saline solution one to one. Perform the procedure twice a day.
Without an antibacterial drug, it is impossible to cure long-delayed airway disease (more than 10 days). Such medications help prevent the penetration of infection into the deep sections of the bronchi, have antimicrobial properties of wide action. Among antibiotics, the following preparation is often used during inhalations.
- Ingredients: acetylcysteine (the same "ACTS"), tiamphenicol.
- Indication: enhances the effect of mucolytics.
- Application: use 2 ml of the prepared solution (125 mg of the drug with 125 ml of saline).
Solutions based on alkali intensively help dilute sputum and purulent discharge from the nasopharynx. This method of inhalation is referred to as simple and effective means. It cures diseases of the respiratory system. For inhalation with mineral water, use "Borjomi" or "Essentuki" as follows:
- half a liter of mineral water heated in a teapot to (45 degrees);
- inhale steam through the nose with your mouth, and breathe out with your nose;
- duration of the process - minutes 8, and the number of repetitions per day - up to 4 times;
With what to do inhalations
It depends on what kind of disease you want to treat in view of the presence of certain symptoms, there are different medications that are used to make inhalations. For a nebulizer, you can prepare solutions, the inhalation of vapors of which will effectively treat such diseases like snot, wet or dry cough, sinusitis, asthma, sore throat, flu, SARS, others disease. Study further, with what to do inhalations nebulizer.
With a cold
For effective treatment of the common cold and loss of nasal congestion, use specialized inhalation solutions called "Sinupret "Naphthysine "Epinephrine" ("Adrenaline"). Still effective: "Star "Pinosol "Rotokan." Learn how to prepare inhalations for a cold:
- Eucalyptus or fir oil: dilute 14 drops of ether in, l saline. For each procedure, fill the nebulizer with a cold 3 ml of the solution obtained and repeat the procedure daily up to 4 times a day.
- "Sodium Chloride fill the ampoule with 4 ml of the drug in a nebulizer, treat the tube with "Chlorhexidine breathe for up to five minutes. At least three times a day.
With bronchitis and dry cough
When you are surprised by bronchitis or a long dry cough, inhalations with expectorants (Mukaltin, Lazolvan) and mucalytics will help you. Still use antitussive agents ("Ledocaine "Tussamag"), phytopreparations. The following drugs are used for inhalation with cough:
- Berodual for inhalations
- Composition: fenoterol, bromide.
- Indications: used to treat chronic obstructive airways diseases.
- Application: Prepare Berodual for children with saline (2 drops each), fill the nebulizer with a cough - breathe.
- Lazolvan for inhalation instructions
- Composition: the main component is ambroxol.
- indications: for acute and chronic diseases with viscous thick sputum;
- application: 2 ml of the drug dilute with 2 ml of saline, do the procedure, adding 3 ml of the finished solution, repeating the procedure up to 4 times per day.
- Composition: the main substance is budesonide.
- Indications: chronic lung diseases, acute inflammatory diseases.
- Application: 1 mg of the drug is diluted with 2 ml of saline, use 3 ml of the mixture for the procedure for four repetitions per day.
To ease the course of the disease and accelerate the recovery process, with genyantritis without inhalations for children is indispensable. Here, vasoconstrictive drugs are needed, which remove inflammation in the nose, facilitate breathing. In this case, inhalations will help you with:
- "Dekasan." It is an antiseptic, disinfectant with antiviral activity. Has reviews of a strong drug.
- Composition: decamethoxin.
- Indications: it is used during purulent-inflammatory diseases (tonsillitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, inflammation of adenoids).
- Application: 2 ml of the drug dilute with 2 ml of saline, apply 3 ml of the mixture for the procedure three times a day.
- The saline solution. 3 g of sea salt diluted in 10 ml of saline, use a mixture of 3 ml for 10-minute procedures several times a day.
- Essential oils: mix on a drop of rosemary, thyme and mint, dissolve in 2 ml of saline, perform the procedure for about 20 minutes three times a day.
At a temperature
It should always be remembered that during the temperature, from procedures with inhalation it is better to refuse altogether. However, there are situations when the use of a nebulizer is possible. For example, the child has an acute course of the disease and to maintain the effect of therapy, it is impossible to cancel inhalations. However, if the temperature has risen above 3, then any procedures prescribed even by doctors need to be canceled.
To treat asthma with inhalation, use medications that dilate the bronchi (Berotek, Salbutamol, Flibsotid Nebula, "Eufillin"), dilute sputum ("Lazolvan" for inhalation, "Mukolvan"), antibiotics ("Septomyrin "Dioxydin "Gentamicin "Metrogil " "Miramistin"). The hormones ("Hydrocortisone "Prednisolone"), antihistamines ("Dexamethasone "Kromogeksal"), preparations for increasing immunity (Derinat, Interferon, Laferobion, Cycloferon) will also help. Prepare solutions using these medications.
Recipes for the nebulizer
There are prescriptions for inhalations that have a wide range of effects during respiratory diseases. Here, drugs such as Tonzilgon, Propolis, Calendula can be used. Use them to ease the course of the disease, improve general condition, speedy recovery. To learn how to prepare such solutions for inhalations, read the instructions further.
- With "Chlorophyllipt the necessary components and application:
- 1 ml of alcohol (one percent) tincture on chlorophyll of eucalyptus leaves;
- saline for inhalations (10 ml);
- mix everything, use a dose of 3 ml from the finished solution for each 20-minute procedure;
- apply at least three times a day.
- With "Tonsilgon" (homeopathic remedy for inhalations based on horsetail, chamomile, dandelion, yarrow, althea, walnut):
- 2 ml of the drug should be added to the same amount of saline solution;
- fill the nebulizer with 4 ml of the finished mixture;
- duration of inhalation - up to 10 minutes, with repetitions per day up to four times.
- With Propolis:
- 1 ml of the drug, dilute in 20 ml of saline solution;
- use 3 ml per inhalation three times a day.
- With Furatsilin:
- one tablet of the drug diluted in 100 ml of saline solution;
- for 4 ml of diluted drug, use with inhalations up to two times a day.
- With Calendula:
- 1 ml of alcohol infusion extract inflorescences dilute in 40 ml of saline solution;
- pour 4 ml of the mixture into the nebulizer and perform inhalation a couple of times every day until complete recovery.
Inhalation in the home
If you do not know what to do with inhalations with a cough or runny nose yet, the procedure can be performed by methods without using a nebulizer. To do this, using improvised means, which are available at home, for example, garlic or potatoes. You can also make inhalations on herbal solutions. Just take the necessary ingredients, boil and breathe on the steaming pot with the ready-made medicines of the folk method of treatment.
- Recipe for garlic: boil the finely chopped 6 cloves of garlic for about five minutes, breathe over the steam.
- Proportion of herbal inhalation: Take a teaspoon of dried eucalyptus, sage, finely chopped garlic, tablet validol, quarter of briquette with pine extract, boil, inhale fumes.
- Boil two potatoes in a uniform, breathe over the pan until it cools.
Video about inhalation for children
Before using inhalations at home with folk remedies or with the help of nebulizers, consult a therapist to carefully examined the child, put the correct diagnosis, and only then, according to his instructions, use respiratory therapies exercises. Then read the videos that describe the proper implementation of the procedure for children.
Known in many countries, Dr. Komarovsky, always tells you how to act in all situations when your baby is sick. After watching the video attached below with the recommendations of this pediatrician, you will find out what is allowed and It is forbidden to do during various respiratory diseases and how to use inhalation properly for therapy.
How to use a nebulizer
By purchasing an indispensable device for home use, it is important to know the instruction inside the the name "Nebulizer application but not all use it, so review the video below. Here you will find out what the pipes are for, how to use them to treat various diseases. Remember that not all drugs are suitable for certain types of inhalers.
Solutions for inhalers and nebulizers
- Medications for the inhaler
- Inapplicable medicines
All of us from childhood know what inhalation is. This method has long been used to treat acute and chronic diseases, the common cold, sinusitis, acute sinusitis is treated in both children and adults.
Speaking of inhalations, most often a picture emerges from childhood, as we breathed a warm steam over a pan with broths of herbs or over a potato.
This steam inhalation, they can only be carried out with volatile drugs, so the list possible drugs and solutions for inhalers nebulizers, used in practice in such inhalations, very is limited. In addition, the procedure itself is quite unpleasant and tiring for the child.
Nowadays in any pharmacy you can buyinhalation device - nebulizer. A nebulizer or an inhaler for a child is a useful acquisition. The price of such a device may seem high.
Treatment of diseases of the respiratory system is much more effective and not so traumatic for the body as a whole when using various solutions for inhalations for children from coughing and a cold through the nebulizer (for example, taking pills and other medications that, before reaching the diseased organ, will pass through all the digestive and circulatory system).
Inhaler (nebulizer) with the help of ultrasound (ultrasonic nebulizer) or by directional air flow, supplied by the compressor (compressor nebulizers), grind the solution for the nebulizer inhaler into the smallest particles.
Thus, the drug solution is converted into an aerosol by which the patient breathes through a mask or a special tube, and enters the respiratory system purposefully. That is why the effectiveness of some drugs using a nebulizer is much higher, especially when treating children from cough and cold. Read also "The inhaler for children."
Solutions for the inhaler nebulizer are mainly obtained by diluting the drugs with saline solution. The degree of dilution of each mixture is different and may vary depending on the age of the patient and the severity of the disease. The required proportion is found in the instructions for each of the inhalation preparations, or it will be determined by your doctor.
There are exceptions: some medicines are not divorced, for example miramistin, or diluted with another substance, for example, a solution for injections. In addition, in some cases, inhalations are recommended only with saline solution or with mineral water.
What medications are used in medicine for an inhaler?
What medicines for the inhaler (nebulizer) are used in medicine and in what cases?
1. Mucolytics. Inhalations with mucolytics are used to dilute viscous and thick sputum, as well as to remove it from the respiratory system. Doctors prescribe them both at a cough, and at a cold.
The most popular are:
Fluimucil, ACC. The active substance is acetylcysteine. The drug reduces the viscosity of phlegm, facilitates its excretion, and also has anti-inflammatory effect.
How to breed Fluimutsil for inhalations?
To obtain a solution for inhalation, we take ampoules of 3 ml of fluimycil and dilute with the same amount of saline. The amount of solution applied from the volume obtained depends on the patient's age (2-6 years - 1ml, 6-12 years - 2ml, & 2 years - 3ml). On the recommendation of a doctor, an antibiotic may be added to the nebulizer solution.
Lazolvan, Ambroxol. The active substance is ambroxol. Reduces the viscosity of phlegm, contributes to its elimination. To prepare a solution for inhalation, take "Lazolvan - for oral administration / inhalation." Dosage: 2 ml lazolvana / ambroksola mixed with the same amount of saline. The received volume of a liquid is used completely (to children till 2th years - half of the received volume).
The price of a solution for inhalation Ambroxol averages 70-80 rubles, Lazolvan - 395 rubles.
- Alkaline inhalation with nebulizer. As a medicine for the inhaler with this type of treatment, saline without additives or mineral water is used - Essentuki 4/17, Borjomi, etc. Such Borjomi for inhalation in the nebulizer allows moisturizing the respiratory mucosa, contributes to the separation sputum, has the least amount of side effects, and therefore can be used from the smallest age.
- Very effectiveinhalation with saline solutionwith a cold. The mucous membrane of the nasopharynx is moistened, the mucus liquefies and leaves, which facilitates the breathing. In addition, most drugs from the common cold dry the nasal mucosa, while inhalations with saline in the rhinitis contribute to its healing, so they are often prescribed for the treatment of children. The price for saline is 30-40 rubles.
Depending on the age, a different amount of solution is used. Easier to measure in the duration of inhalation - for small children 5min, to adulthood increases gradually to 20 minutes.Also, the following mucolytics are used as a solution for the inhaler: Hypertonic NaCl solution and diluted with saline solution Mukaltin, Gedelix, Dry medicine, Pectusin, Sinupret, - for inhalations in respiratory diseases these drugs are the most popular.
2. Bronchodilators. Inhalations with bronchodilators relieve bronchospasm, are used to stop attacks of bronchial asthma, treatment obstructive diseases of the respiratory system, as well as in all diseases, when there is a risk of development bronchospasm.
Among a wide list of drugs for inhalation Berodual is today the most often prescribed and most effective bronchodilator. It is used in combination with saline solution. Dosage is prescribed by a doctor individually.
Inhalations with a nebulizer with saline and Berual are also used to treat the common cold in adults and children. Berotek and Atrovent are also used.
- Fluimucil + antibiotic.The drug, in which the mucolytic is connected (see Fig. 1) the constituent and antibiotic. The active substance is a combination of thiamphenicol and acetylcysteinate. Fluimucil with an antibiotic for inhalations will help with most diseases of the lower respiratory tract. To obtain a drug for inhalation with a nebulizer with a cough, 5 ml of the solvent is added to the vial with the drug. For inhalation, take 1/2 of the solution obtained.
- Dioxydin- antibacterial agent. The active substance is quinoxaline, the drug is available in ampoules. Dioxydin for tonsillitis, runny nose, Dioxydinum for otitis and dioxydin for sinusitis are successfully used now. Inhalations are used for purulent diseases of the nasopharynx. The drug is potent, therefore, before using it, it is highly recommended to consult a doctor and strictly follow its instructions. Inhalations with dioxin are more often used when other drugs are powerless.
It is necessary to strictly monitor the proportions when preparing the solution and take into account that it can be,% and 1%. Dioxydin solution,% for inhalations, should be diluted with saline solution in the proportion respectively, 1% solution is diluted 2 times more. For one inhalation, no more than 4ml of our solution is used.
Inhalations with dioxin are also used in the treatment of the common cold. Indication will also be severe and slow flushing of the upper respiratory tract.
The instruction does not contain information on the possibility of use in children, but its use for inhalation in younger age is undesirable, and therefore should be used only in severe cases and only for the intended purpose doctor.
- Ceftriaxone. Inhalations with ceftriaxone are potent antibacterial therapies. How to breed ceftriaxone? Diluted ceftriaxone with water for injection in the proportion of 1ml bottle for 5 ml of water for injection. Stir well before use. Depending on the age, the duration of the procedure (and accordingly, the amount of solution for inhalation) is different, ranging from 5min.
4. Antiseptic agents
Miramistine- a broad spectrum antiseptic. Inhalations with miramistin are prescribed mainly in diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
The uniqueness of miramistin is that it is an absolutely safe drug and can be used in children and pregnant women. Therefore, very often you can hear that pediatricians prescribe inhalation with miramistin from a cold and cough even to the youngest children.
According to reviews about Miramistine, this drug is very popular in its segment for the treatment of rhinitis, sinusitis and cough.
Miramistine is used without a solvent. Inhalations with miramistin are conducted from 5 to 15 minutes.
Other antibiotics and antiseptics that are used for inhalation include Furacilin, Streptomycin, Chlorophyllipt Solution, Gentamicin.
5. Immunomodulators- inhalations with this group of drugs are carried out for the prevention and treatment of viral diseases.
- Interferon (powder). To obtain a solution in a vial of interferon, pour in warm boiled water to obtain 2 ml of liquid for nebulizer inhalations. Actively used for the prevention of diseases in the child.
- Derinat. Inhalations with Derinat nebulizer are used for children and adults. The dosage is 2ml for each inhalation without dilution. Cm. also "Derinat photo".
6. Anti-inflammatory drugs (phytotherapy)
The following medicines are used as anti-inflammatory drugs of plant origin for inhalations with nebulizer: Rotokan, Propolis, eucalyptus tincture, Malavit, Tonzilgon N, tincture calendula. Solutions for inhalation are prepared with the addition of saline.
7. Anti-inflammatory hormonal drugs (Glucocorticosteroids)
Pulmicort is a glucocorticosteroid. The active substance is budesonide. Inhalations with pulmicort are used for bronchial asthma and obstructive pulmonary disease. Separately, it should be noted that pulmicort inhalation is very effectively used to stop attacks of false cereal in children under 3 years old.
The solution for inhalation is prepared with the addition of saline solution, while the proportion depends on the age of the patient and the stage of the disease.
Also with the help of the nebulizer, the children for inhalation use the following glucocorticosteroids: Dexamethasone, Cromogexal.
8. Vasoconstrictive drugs
In order to relieve the symptoms of the common cold, you can use the following mixtures for inhalation of the nose through the nebulizer. Also read the instructions for their preparation.
- Adrenaline - for 1 inhalation for children under 2 years of age, 5 ml, children over 2 years and adults ml without dilution.
- Naphthyzine 5% or,%. The proportion of dilution solution for inhalation for children and adults with saline: and 1: 10, respectively. For 1 inhalation the child needs 3 ml of the drug.
9. Antitussives- symptomatic therapy with an obtrusive dry cough.
- Lidocaine - is used without dilution. On 1 inhalation for children from 2 to 12 years - 1ml, older - 2 ml.
- Tussamag - the drug is diluted with saline in the proportion: children from 1 to 5 years from 6 to 16 years & g; 7 years -: . For 1 inhalation, take no more than 4 ml.
What medicines can not be used for the inhaler?
Now let's see what medicines can not be used with an inhaler (nebulizer)?
- Oily solutions- use leads to spoilage of the inhaler.
- Suspensions, decoctions of herbs- may also lead to spoilage of the inhaler, since they contain large particles. You can not use juices - for example, it is useless to apply aloe juice in a cold through an inhaler.
- Systemic hormonal preparations- when applied through a nebulizer, the effect does not become "local but is still systemic, so there is no point in moving from the traditional form of treatment to inhalation.
- Somedrugs that do not have a point of application in the airway, since they do not affect the mucous membrane (so, do not use for inhalation euphyllin, papaverine, etc.).
The order of application of medicines for the inhaler
If simultaneous coughing and runny nose procedures are prescribed with several solutions for inhalation (from different groups), they should not be mixed, but performed in the following order:
- anti-inflammatory or disinfectant.
The main principle when using medicines for the inhaler: we dilate the bronchi, we deduce what accumulates there, we remove the inflammation..
Which medications are suitable for nebulizer inhalers from cough?
Nebulizer is a modern inhaler for the treatment of respiratory diseases. If you choose the right medicine for this device, you can get rid of cough and cold in a few days without using strong medications.
Cough medicine for the nebulizer
For the treatment of cough with a nebulizer use a variety of solutions that are best and easiest to buy at the pharmacy. They often include several components that cope with the problem in a comprehensive manner. You can prepare yourself a medicine for inhalation yourself. This requires a physiological solution and a medicinal preparation heated to 20 ° C.
The most harmless cough remedy for use in a nebulizer is the mineral water "Borjomi" or "Narzan". Alkaline environment promotes liquefaction and excretion of purulent secretions. This is perhaps the only solution that can be treated independently. The use of medicines should be agreed with the doctor, tk. self-medication can have unpleasant consequences. The right concentration of the solution and the appropriateness of using a particular medicine should be determined by the doctor.
If the cough is dry, the doctor can prescribe inhalation with bronchodilator drugs, such as Berodual, Pulmicort, Atrovent. With a damp cough, solutions from Lazolvan, ACTS, Fluimucil, Acetylcysteine, Pulmozim, which have mucolytic activity, are of great help. With a very strong cough, Lidocaine will help. For the removal of inflammation, as a rule, simultaneously with bronchodilators and mucolytics appoint "Gentomycin "Dioxydin "Tevomycin" or other antibiotics.
Sometimes, to combat coughing, the doctor prescribes drugs of combined action, for example, "Fenoterol or prescribes inhalations based on drugs of different effects. In this case it is necessary to observe the following order: first to inhale the bronchodilator, then after 10-15 minutes - mucolytics, and only after the sputum discharge - anti-inflammatory drug. Those who often get sick, the doctor can prescribe prophylactic inhalations based on interferon, which has an immunomodulatory effect.
What substances can not be used in a nebulizer?
Practically any drug and saline solution can create a solution for use in a nebulizer. The main thing is to follow the rules described in the instruction manual of this device and use only substances that can be used in a certain model.
In many models it is not recommended to use solutions containing oil. Leave the inhaler out of action can also decoctions and infusions of herbs. It is best not to use solutions based on distilled water for inhalation, because There are cases when she caused bronchospasm.
Types of inhalations for cough and the peculiarities of their conductThe occurrence of respiratory diseases occurs very often, both in children and adults. As an effective method of controlling the disease at the initial stage of its course, various inhalations are used for coughing.
Medical practice shows that with the help of inhalations the body recovers faster, and complications in the form of a prolonged cough are very unlikely. In order for the procedures to bring real benefits, you need to know how to implement them correctly.
Benefits of breathing steam when coughing
When inhaled warmed and humidified air occurs warming and moistening the walls of the bronchi
With inhalation, the bronchi are heated by inhalation of vapors. Inhalations are an excellent cough remedy for the treatment of bronchitis, bronchial asthma and pneumonia. The main advantage of this procedure is that when using medicines, they do not enter the blood, but only affect the person's airways.
There are different ways of carrying out the procedure - from the simplest ones using a teapot and ordinary water, to complex, requiring the presence of a specialist and the availability of special instruments. But, more interesting are the methods of inhalation with cough, which can be done at home. In addition, this treatment has the following advantages:
- the opportunity to conduct therapeutic therapy with the first symptoms of coughing, not allowing him to penetrate a more complex form;
- the opportunity to provide the patient with warmth and sleep right after the procedure, after all, after visiting the clinic, this becomes impossible;
- home environment favorably affects the child, so most often he will calmly treat the procedure.
Inhalation during coughing at home can take place both in an old and tested way, and with the help of special modern devices - inhalers.
Using the first method, the vapor is inhaled over the container, or through a paper tube that is worn on the kettle.
Inhalations help to cough through these actions:
- Steam allows drugs to penetrate deeply into the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, removing the inflammatory process.
- Steam significantly enhances the effect of drugs, so that immediately after the procedure, the spasms are removed from the smooth muscles of the respiratory tract. Also, the correct implementation of the treatment procedure helps to dilute and separate sputum.
- No drug can penetrate so deeply, reaching as much into the lower parts of the lungs, as with the formation of steam.
Which drug to choose?
Depending on the type of cough and the severity of its course, various medicines, herbs, aroma oils and other medicinal substances may be added to water or saline solution. When treating a cough by affecting the respiratory tract of steam, both traditional and traditional medicine can be used.
MedicationsThe choice of a medicinal preparation in the treatment of cough should be carried out depending on its type. So, with a dry cough it is useful to use salbutamol, berodual, berotek and atroven. Their effect on the respiratory tract allows you to moisturize the irritated dry throat, relieve inflammation from it, and also helps to separate sputum.
With a wet cough, when the main purpose of inhalation is separation and excretion of sputum, it is advisable to use solutions such as lazolvanum, pulmozim, flumimil. Cough that occurs on the background of the course of bacterial bronchitis, should be treated with inhalations using flumutil, dioxidin, furatsilina, gentamicin.
To eliminate the cough, it is necessary to follow this sequence in carrying out inhalations:
- to carry out the procedure with the use of bronchodilators;
- After 20 minutes you can breathe a couple of drugs that dilute sputum;
- After half an hour, an inhalation with an antiseptic medicine should be performed;
- immediately after septic tanks, the use of anti-inflammatory drugs is allowed.
Traditional medicine for inhalation
With a dry cough, when the patient can not clear his throat, inhalation is recommended based on non-carbonated mineral water. Sea water also benefits, facilitating the formation and separation of phlegm. It is also useful to add baking soda or grape juice to hot water.You can cook a decoction of oak leaves, eucalyptus, chamomile, calendula, sage or mint. Inhalation on the basis of these herbs helps with a strong cough. The standard proportion is a tablespoon of dried herbs for 250 ml of water. You can also do inhalations based on essential oils: citrus, fir, juniper, sea buckthorn, eucalyptus, mint and other types. Antibacterial effects are provided by inhalation with the addition of fresh garlic juice or onions. In addition, such popular cough suppressants used for inhalation are considered effective:
- In warm water, dissolve the natural honey in the ratio pour into the inhaler and breathe first with the mouth, and then with the nose.It is very important to use warm water, the temperature of which does not exceed 38 degrees, because the useful properties of this product are lost due to high temperatures.
- You can breathe over steamed potatoes, which is useful only with a dry cough. You need to cook unpeeled potatoes, since it is in this form that it has medicinal properties.After the inhalation from the used potatoes, you can make cakes and put on the chest, so you can speed up the recovery process.
- With a wet cough, it is useful to breathe a couple of brine with the addition of fir or eucalyptus oil.
- Spruces spruce and pine buds have a disinfectant and anti-inflammatory effect. They are applied in the form of a decoction.
With a tendency to allergic reactions it is advisable not to experiment with the use of herbal decoctions, since such treatment can only complicate the inflammatory process in the airways.
Inhalation with cough is a powerful tool in the fight against respiratory diseases, however, only with a proper procedure.
How to do inhalations from cough for children
Cough inhalations for children are an effective treatment.Most common colds occur in the fall and spring. During this period, as usual, immunity decreases, there are some signs of beriberi. The first factors and harbingers of colds are: cold winds, rains and bad, very unstable weather. Everyone knows that the first and main symptoms of colds are coughing and sneezing. Hence the common cold appears.
Cough is a protective reaction of the body and it occurs in the process of irritation of the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract. This most irritation can cause sputum, which has its beginning in the bronchi. It's a wet cough.
But there is one that does not form excreta and sputum. This cough is called dry.
What is inhalation?
Inhalation is the process of inhaling all kinds of active medicines, which are presented in the form of steam. Even the smallest particles of any drug can penetrate the body at the moment of inhalation of steam. Moreover, some drugs are able to penetrate even the circulatory system. Treatment with this method is much more effective than taking various medicines, tablets and much more.Inhalation can be divided into two types: it can be both artificial inhalation, and natural.
In our time, very rarely, one of the parents makes inhalation when coughing in children. This is an old and long-forgotten way to cure cough.
A dry cough in both an adult and a child is much more painful than a wet cough. That is why the main task in its treatment is to soften it, after which the process of recovery will go much faster.
Wet cough is much easier and faster. He in a short time is able to get out of the child's body and thus ceases to disturb him.
Of what to do inhalation?
If the child is very strong and for a long time torments a dry cough (in case such cough is not caused some inflammatory process), then in this situation, for the inhalation of a cough, alkaline Components. To prepare such a composition, you only need to add two or three teaspoons of baking soda to the inhalers. For inhalation from cough, so that the effect was better, you can add a couple of drops of oregano in the composition.With this kind of cough, inhalation according to the old good "grandmother's method" is also perfect, namely: inhaling potato vapors cooked in a uniform.
If the child has a wet cough, then in the boiled water is best to add a variety of medicinal herbs, essential oils.
If, with a wet cough, there are complications, namely a runny nose, then inhalation with a small addition of eucalyptus or propolis is necessary. These herbs can not only remove puffiness in the nose, but will act as an anesthetic.
How correctly to do inhalations at a cough at children?
Steam inhalations must be performed over a pot of boiling water, the volume of which should not exceed one liter.
It is also necessary to add the necessary medications. Children in this case, you need to tilt your head over the pan so that the inhaled steam directly gets into the respiratory tract. In doing so, it must be covered with a large bath towel on top, so that the vapors do not leave and their temperature remains at the level that is necessary.
When preparing for inhalation from a cough, it is worth remembering that you should inhale all the vapors only with your mouth. For children, this procedure should last from three to eight minutes. Equally important is that it must be carried out only two hours after the child has eaten. The frequency of inhalations should not exceed two times a day.It is worth noting that for inhalation of cough in the home, parents should follow the temperature of the water. If adults can perform inhalation over boiling water, then it should be noted that by doing the same, children can get a burn of both the oral cavity and the respiratory tract.
For inhalation from coughing to a child up to one year, the water temperature should not exceed 30 ° C, and for children whose age is from one to three years, the temperature can only increase by ten degrees, namely 40 ° C.
It is worth considering that inhalations are strictly contraindicated for those with elevated body temperature, there are heart diseases or propensities to nosebleeds.
Carrying out such procedures, it is necessary to consider the following nuances:
- When inhaling during inspiration, it is only necessary to hold your breath for a couple of seconds;
- The clothes in which the child is placed should not restrain him, should be free;
- after the procedure was carried out, for a while, namely not less than an hour, it is necessary to hold in a quiet state, so as not to strain your throat.
What are the recipes of herbal inhalations?
For inhalation of cough from peppermint and garlic, you need to add only two teaspoons of peppermint to boiling water. Warm up the composition on a low heat for 5-7 minutes. After this, you need to strain the composition and add a prepared chive of garlic.In order to prepare inhalation from cough from chamomile, you need to add in boiling water just one tablespoon of chamomile flowers. The solution should be heated on low heat for 20-30 minutes.
Several recipes for inhalation from a cough containing essential oils:
- Option 1. For one liter of water, you need to add two or three drops of essential oils of incense, ginger or cypress.
- Option 2. For one liter of water, you need to add three to five drops of essential oils of rosemary or bergamot.
- Option 3. For one liter of water, you need to add five to seven drops of essential oils of eucalyptus or sandalwood.
What are the positive aspects of inhalation at home?
- Heat. After this procedure, the child is undesirable to go out and inhale the cold air. And when you go to the hospital, it's just guaranteed.
- Peace. Provide the necessary rest for children after the procedure is possible only at home.
- No stress. A small patient in an out-patient department can be scared by inhalers, and he can completely refuse to perform the procedure.
http://www.youtube.com/watc? = ho6-o6jiYs4
It is worth remembering that before you carry out the procedure for a child, you need to check all available medications on yourself. After consulting with a doctor, you should also find out if the baby can be in the sauna. If the answer is positive, then before going should you bring along the necessary herbs for breathing fumes.
Features of using nebulizer in the treatment of coughThe effectiveness of such a procedure as inhalation in the treatment of colds and influenza is undeniable. Modern special devices - inhalers or nebulizers, greatly facilitated the implementation of such a procedure. Inhalation with a cough nebulizer can be done independently at home, both for adults and for children.
A fairly quick healing effect is due to the mechanism of the nebulizer. It consists in the following: the medicine is added to the nebulizer, mixing with saline solution, it turns into an aerosol, which is then inhaled through the upper respiratory tract. The process of inhalation depends on the type of nebulizer: if it is equipped with a tube, the medicine is inhaled through the mouth, if there is a mask, then through the nose.
Sometimes, as a prophylaxis of cold and flu, the nebulizer works in the room, releasing the aerosol into the air. The main advantage of a nebulizer with a cough is the ability to deliver the medicine directly to the focus of inflammation, thereby accelerating its therapeutic effect.
Types of devices
Traditionally, nebulizers are divided into two types:
In compression devices, the conversion of the drug into an aerosol occurs due to air flows. They produce small particles of aerosol that are able to penetrate deep into the respiratory tract. The advantage of compression nebulizers in the universality of the use of a variety of drugs. There are also disadvantages: compression nebulizers are large and noisy during operation.In apparatuses of ultrasonic type, an aerosol is formed due to the action of ultrasonic vibration on the liquid. Sufficiently fine aerosol particles are also formed in it. The disadvantage of ultrasound devices is the limited use of certain drugs: hormones and antibiotics, which are destroyed by ultrasound. Unlike compression nebulizers, ultrasonic devices have small dimensions and work absolutely silently.
How to use the device when coughing?
Most often, the nebulizer is used with a dry cough or with a cold. When inhaling during the treatment of cough apply various medications, which primarily depends on the type of cough.
It is important to note immediately that the use of any medicine should be agreed with the attending physician.
Despite treatment at home, you still use the medicine, and when you inhale the vapor, its speed of advance to the focus of inflammation higher, since the drug passes the gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys and is not absorbed into the blood, but immediately enters the respiratory ways. So, and the possible side effect when applying the "wrong" drug will manifest faster and stronger.
When self-preparing a solution for inhalation nebulizer with cough, it is important to know that You can not use a variety of herbal decoctions, syrups or oils - all this can lead the device out of the building.
The drug against cough, dry or wet, which the doctor prescribed, must be diluted with saline solution. The correct ratio is indicated in the instructions of all medications, and also depends on the disease.
Treatment for wet cough
Such drugs as Lazolvan, Ambrobene, Pulmozim dilute sputum, due to which it is better coughing up
When wet coughing is required, the process of liquefaction and excretion of sputum from the bronchi is relieved, so mucolytic and expectorant drugs are used:
- fluimucil- antibiotic, which has mucolytic effect, dilutes viscous sputum, increases its volume and facilitates separation;
- laziness- a popular mucolytic that helps in liquefaction and excretion of phlegm, is very often used in the treatment of cough in children, including the smallest children under 2 years old;
- ambriform- mucolytic, which has a bronchosecretolitic and expectorant effect;
- pulmosim- a mucolytic agent that facilitates breathing when coughing.
In addition to medications, it is useful to inhale a nebulizer from a cough using slightly alkaline mineral waters - "Borjomi "Narzan "Essentuki which moisturize the mucous membranes respiratory tract.
Treatment of dry coughInhalations with a nebulizer with a dry cough soften the upper respiratory tract, in the first place - the throat, which inevitably suffers with severe coughing attacks. Usually in the treatment of dry cough apply drugs that dilate the bronchi - bronchodilators:
- Berodual- The drug, which is considered the most effective of bronchodilators, and also has no side effects, is suitable for children from 6 years of age.
- Berotek- effectively fights with attacks of suffocation with dry cough, as well as attacks of bronchial asthma.
- Salbutamol- a means, greatly expanding the bronchi, is mainly prescribed for bronchitis.
With a dry cough usually there is a strong inflammatory process due to the fact that bacteria and microbes do not leave the body due to lack of sputum and destroy the cells. Therefore, in the absence of sputum, it is important to adhere to cough treatment with a nebulizer, by inhaling lidocaine, which has an anesthetic effect.
To soften the process of inflammation will help inhalation with a dry cough nebulizer on the basis of saline. The temperature of the aerosol should be low, so as not to irritate the damaged throat.
Inhalation nebulizer in inflammatory processes
Any kind of cough is always accompanied by inflammatory processes. In the fight against them apply special drugs:
- rotocan- with inflammation of the upper and middle respiratory tract;
- calendula- alcoholic infusion, used for acute inflammatory processes of the upper respiratory tract;
- propolis- tincture, used for pain and respiratory tract trauma.
When several drugs are prescribed simultaneously, there is a strict sequence of their application. First of all, bronchodilators are used, after about 20-30 minutes it is allowed to do inhalation on the basis of mucolytics, and after another 30 minutes - antiseptics. Anti-inflammatory drugs are used last without interruption after the previous procedure.
Thus, the treatment of cough and other symptoms of colds, ARVI, bronchitis, asthma was facilitated with the advent of modern inhalers - nebulizers. Inhalation through a nebulizer with a cough allows for effective treatment of adults and children in a comfortable home environment.