1The knee hurts during flexion and extension
- 1.1on this topic
- 1.2What else do you need to read:
- 1.3Watch the video on this topic
- 1.4Common pathology from the inner or outer side of the knee
- 1.5Effective methods of treatment
- 1.6Types of surgery, if the knee hurts
2If the knee hurts when bending and unbending - take action! What to do when the knee begins to ache while bending and unbending
- 2.1The structure of the knee joint working on wear and tear
- 2.2How does the knee ache during flexion and extension?
- 2.3Who can hurt the knee during flexion and extension
- 2.4At what illnesses the knee hurts at a flexion and an extension
- 2.5What kind of treatment can be prescribed, when the knee hurts during flexion and extension
3The knee hurts - what to do, the treatment of the knee joint
- 3.1Pain in the knee joint
- 3.2Pain in the knee when flexing
- 3.3Pain in the knee when walking
- 3.4Aching in the knee
- 3.5Sharp pain in the knee
- 3.6Sore knees after running
- 3.7Treatment of the knee joint
- 3.8How to treat a knee joint at home
- 3.9Folk remedies for pain in the knees
- 3.10: pain in the joint - treatment
4Pain in the knee with flexion and extension, causes and treatment of inflammation of the joint at home | HLS and medicine
- 4.1Causes of the disease
- 4.2When to go to the doctor?
- 4.3Pain in the knee during walking and after a load
- 4.4Degenerative changes
- 4.5Injuries to the knee joint
- 4.6Injury to the meniscus and muscle trauma
- 4.7Treatment and rehabilitation
- 4.8Surgical operations
- 4.9Physical exercises
5The knee hurts during flexion and extension: treatment of the knee joint
- 5.1Anatomical features of the knee joint
- 5.2Why the knee has chronic pain
- 5.3Oschud-Schlatter's osteochondropathy - causes and treatment
- 5.4Gonarthrosis - how to treat the disease
- 5.5Than Rheumatoid Arthritis Is Dangerous
- 5.6Injuries to the knee and inflammation
The knee hurts during flexion and extension
According to statistics, pain in the knee worries every second person (while the knee hurts when flexing, as well as extension). To concern to similar sensations it is necessary with the raised attention, in fact the knee is one of the major joints.
Discomfort in the knee joint is possible on the basis of various pathologies. This may be a consequence of trauma, fatigue from excessively heavy physical exertion, infection.
Also, knee pain during folding can mean the presence of diseases of bones and joints that require serious medication.
The most common cause of acute and quite painful discomfort in the knee when bending is any damage.
A similar phenomenon is accompanied by increasing pain when:
- descents on the stairs.
The following knee injuries are considered common injuries:
- stretching ligament fixing the knee cup;
- dislocation of the kneecap or knee joint;
- injury to the meniscus.
In addition to various kinds of injuries, accompanied by unpleasant discomfort, such feelings can be a sign of the appearance of diseases of the knee joint.
on this topic
Look at the video, why the knee hurts when walking:
What else do you need to read:
Watch the video on this topic
Common pathology from the inner or outer side of the knee
In addition to the main causes and diseases leading to the appearance of pain in the knee during flexion, it is possible to distinguish the patellar-femoral syndrome.
With a similar pathology, a person feels painful discomfort around the knee cup or under it.
Pain can increase in a state of prolonged rest and further flexion and extension of the limb. The appearance of pain is also possible due to the accumulation of fluid in the knee and under the influence of age-related changes.
Effective methods of treatment
Treatment of any pathology of the knee that caused painful sensations should be performed after examining the doctor and revealing the cause of the suffering of the organism.
If the knees hurt very much, then the standard examination includes:
- a patient interview;
- blood and urine tests;
- x-ray of the knee;
- CT scan.
After the diagnosis, the specialist most often appoints a comprehensive treatment, depending on the nature of the pathology.
It should be noted that all violations in the work of knee joints should be established in the initial stages, only then treatment will have an effect.
The main recommendations on the impact on the knee:
- First of all, the patient is prescribed a rest to reduce the load on his knees, it is possible to use crutches or walking stick when moving.
- Further, the administration of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as anesthetics, is prescribed.
- It is possible to use ointments, compresses, creams.
- In some cases, knee joint fixation is required by elastic bandage or bandage.
- If the pain is associated with improper diet or excess weight of the patient - a special diet is prescribed.
- It is also possible to prescribe a set of therapeutic exercises for the development of the knee joint, which also gives good results if treated conservatively.
Types of surgery, if the knee hurts
In situations where the disease takes on a trigger or just does not respond to medication, surgery may be required.
Operations on the knee joint are divided into 3 types:
- Arthroscopy is the most common form of knee surgery. It is carried out by applying small incisions through which the cartilaginous bodies, splintered parts of the meniscus are extracted, the joint cavity is rinsed. The procedure is simple and the rehabilitation period takes no more than 2 weeks.
- Replacement of the components of the knee joint. This operation involves the removal of damaged cartilage tissue and the installation of prosthetic devices in their place.
- Endoprosthetics is prescribed in cases of damage and death of not only the joint, but also bone tissue. It implies a complete replacement of the knee joint with an artificial prosthesis.
The appearance of discomfort when bending the knee, including inconsistently manifested painful sensations, is an indisputable sign of any pathology of the knee joint, which can only be identified specialist.
For the best outcome, you need to contact the medical institution as soon as possible a correct diagnosis and further adequate treatment, otherwise the knee will continue to give discomfort patient.
A source: http://GidPain.ru/bolit/koleno-sgibanii-lechenie.html
If the knee hurts when bending and unbending - take action! What to do when the knee begins to ache while bending and unbending
One of the signs of a malfunction of our body is unpleasant pain, which disturbs for a long time.
If you can not understand their cause, you should immediately call your doctor.
Pain in the knee is no exception.
Waving your hand and saying that everything will pass, not worth it.
After all, if, when you bend and unravel a leg, you feel considerable discomfort, then this can be a sign of many diseases that can eventually become chronic.
The structure of the knee joint working on wear and tear
Each of us in his life at least once complained of severe pain in his knees. This is not surprising. After all, these joints get the most physical activity during the day. Do not forget that we are on our feet all day, which means that our knees are working without a break.
Knee joints are complex in their structure, so they are quite vulnerable. Their role is very important, since it is in this place that the leg is bent and unbent. The knees became the knot where the ligaments, tendons, muscles connect the legs of the lower leg and the femur.
In order for our gait to be easy and unconstrained, menisci - cartilaginous pads are located in the knee. These are our shock absorbers, which work smoothly when we move.
The patella protects the joint from blows during active rest, sudden fall or physical exertion.
Having examined the structure of the knee joint and its features, everyone can independently conclude that Professional sportsmen and people who have great physical exertion are predisposed to diseases in the field of knee joints. People who are overweight are also at risk.
How does the knee ache during flexion and extension?
The organism does not in vain give us signals in the form of various pain signs. Ignore them not. It is necessary to listen to him on the contrary and understand what is happening, and try to adjust it in the shortest possible time. Remember that a neglected disease is much more difficult to treat.
Below are listed the alarming symptoms in the knee joint area, which need to be paid special attention:
1. Unreasonable acute pain, not accompanied by trauma or fall. After taking medication, the pain almost does not abate.
2. Constant aching pain at the end of the working day for a long time. After rest all is normalized.
3. At the slightest movements, there is a crunch in the joint.
4. Raising or descending the stairs causes pain.
5. There was a sense of instability, legs seem to be shaken.
6. Redness, swelling and fever in the knee area.
7. Pulsating in the joint, accompanied by a bursting pain..
8. Deformation of the knees..
If you have at least one of these symptoms, we advise you to see a doctor immediately. Self-medication is excluded in these cases.
Who can hurt the knee during flexion and extension
No matter how we monitor health, there is such a thing as a risk group. Whatever the person does, but it can develop pain in the knee joint.
Such people should take special care of their health.
They must undergo preventive examinations to delay or even avoid complications in the knee joint area.
The risk group consists of such categories of people:
• those who have relatives with similar diseases (genetic predisposition);
• if there are problems with the endocrine system;
• women, especially after 45 years;
• Overweight people;
• professional athletes, especially those who have had injuries and knee surgery;
• patients with maldevelopment of muscles in the joint region.
At what illnesses the knee hurts at a flexion and an extension
If the knee begins to ache while bending and unbending, and also at rest, then it can be the following diseases:
1) drives (better known as knee arthritis);
2) deforming arthrosis;
4) reactive arthritis (gout);
5) rheumatoid arthritis;
6) congenital diseases associated with the musculoskeletal system;
7) neoplasm in the knee joint.
Congenital diseases and neoplasms will not be described, since this is subject to special consideration and detailed analysis. All other diseases will be briefly described.
The inflammatory process of the periarticular regions of the knee or the knee itself is called gonitis, or arthritis of the knees. Very often, the cause of this disease is osteoarthritis. Most often occurs in women after 30 years.
• pain while walking on the stairs;
• dropsy (swelling in soft tissues);
• redness and fever in the knee;
• general malaise;
• loss of appetite.
If not treated, then the ailment can become chronic. During this disease, patients become meteosensitive: with a change in the weather, knee pains increase significantly.
The disease of the knee joint, as a result of which the cartilage deforms, as well as its destruction, is called deforming arthrosis, or deforming gonarthrosis. The cause of the disease can be a lot of physical exertion, metabolic disorders, varicose veins, the consequence of a knee injury.
• severe aching pain (especially at night);
• gradual deformation of the knee;
• "starting" pains are possible (at the beginning of walking the pain is, and then disappears);
• Pain while walking the stairs.
If the first signs of the disease are found, it is necessary to consult an orthopedist, since the ailment can lead to irreversible processes in the knee joint.
Frequent injuries and infectious diseases lead to bursitis. It is an inflammatory process in the synovial bag.
• any movement is accompanied by pain;
• the joint is swollen, has redness;
• body temperature increased.
Heals bursitis immediately. If an excess fluid begins to form in the knee joint, then there is no way to do without surgical intervention..
But here there is one nuance. After surgery, the usual work of the knee can be disturbed..
Therefore, it is necessary to make the most possible efforts in order to cure the disease medically.
Reactive arthritis is an ailment that is known as gout. It is associated with abnormalities in human enzyme systems. As a result, uric acid accumulates in the blood. As a result, salts form in the joints.
The main symptom is very severe pain in the knee, especially when flexing or flexing the leg. The pain can abruptly disappear. For a long time, there are no signs of illness. But in about eight months, incredible pain pierces again. Attacks with each time will appear more and more often.
You can be treated for this disease in 5-7 days. Then you will only need to monitor your diet
If the disease is not treated, then it can become chronic. And this is a constant pain in the knees with subsequent deformation.
Chronic inflammation of the joints is called rheumatoid arthritis. This disease is quite common. They are most often affected by women. The disease begins to develop in people after 30 years.
The disease is accompanied by the following symptoms:
• a feeling of discomfort in the joints, especially in the morning;
• During knee bending, pain in the knees is felt;
• appetite is reduced;
• the temperature is increased;
• Insomnia is possible.
If treatment does not start on time, then internal organs and tissues are affected.
What kind of treatment can be prescribed, when the knee hurts during flexion and extension
At the first manifestations of pain in the knees, everyone tries to get rid of it. As a rule, anesthetics are used for this. But here we must not think about removing pain, but about its cause.
After all, pills only for a while will help you, and then the symptoms will repeat. Therefore, treatment should be comprehensive and under the supervision of a doctor.
In order not to hurt the knee during flexion and extension, the doctor can prescribe the following treatment:
• exercise therapy;
• and even surgical..
If the ailment has gone very far and the destructive process in the joint has already begun, then surgical intervention will be the only salvation from pain. Operations are of two types: the joint or retain, or carry out its prosthetics (replacement of the joint with an artificial prosthesis)..
Remember the joy of movement! Be attentive to your health and the health of your loved ones!
A source: http://zhenskoe-mnenie.ru/themes/health/esli-bolit-koleno-pri-sgibanii-i-razgibanii-primite-mery-davaite-razberemsia-kakoi-nedug-mozhet-proiavitsia-kogda-nachinaet-bolet-koleno-pri-sgibanii-i-razgibanii/
The knee hurts - what to do, the treatment of the knee joint
The general malaise is common for every person, although the focus of the pathology and the intensity of the symptoms are markedly different for each clinical picture.
If the knee is swollen, it starts to crackle or hurt, it is required to immediately consult a doctor, pass the diagnosis for the timely determination of the cause of the disease and treatment.
Pain in the knee joint
The most vulnerable joint of the human body is the knee, which is easy to injure and temporarily disable. This element is more often than others subject to injuries, inflammatory processes, disturbed water metabolism.
Increased stress and age changes also lead to dysfunction and knee pain. Suffers not only the patella, but the adjacent ligaments, cartilage, tendons.
Any pathological processes of this structure are accompanied by acute pain syndrome, impaired mobility of the lower limbs.
If the focus of the pathology is the internal surface of the knee joint, six common causes of predominant pain and discomfort are known.
The nature depends on the cause of the injury, the age of the patient and the condition of the connective tissue.
When the knee hurts sideways from the inside, here are the diagnoses and pathological processes presupposed by graduates:
- aneurysm of the popliteal artery;
- Baker's cyst;
- in the popliteal fossa inflammatory process of the lymph nodes;
- avascular osteonecrosis;
Pain in the knee when flexing
Some patients are quite comfortable feeling at rest, as complaints about changes in overall health are completely absent. It is only to bend the joint, immediately hurt, kneeling.
Such a condition can not be called normal, moreover, it is necessary to react urgently to such alarming symptoms. If the knee hurts when bending and unbending, it is possible that the body develops arthrosis or arthritis.
The disease predominates in the active phase, so it can still be cured conservatively. However, there are exceptions to the rules.
König's disease requires urgent hospitalization of the patient followed by an operation.
The matter is that in an organism the bundle of a knee joint on small segments prevails, after that the knee strongly hurts at bending and the subsequent rectification.
Other reasons why the knees hurt are presented below. This may be a symptom of the following disease:
- bursitis of the knee;
- Osgood-Schlatter disease.
Pain in the knee when walking
Ate unpleasant sensations overtake during movement, it is also abnormal.
When the knee is aching when walking, this is a sign of excessive loads that the patient applies to muscle structures, connective tissues throughout the day.
Such overload leads to wear of the joints, knee structures hurt first. The doctor recommends controlling your physical activity, otherwise the following diagnoses develop:
- dissecting osteochondritis;
- trauma of the meniscus;
- dystrophic changes in the joint on the background of progressive arthrosis;
- Baker's cyst;
- infectious arthritis;
- septic bursitis.
Aching in the knee
If a woman experiences a pulling sensation in the knee, it is possible that this is a classic inflammation or sprain of the ligament, tendons. The problem is not global, but requires a timely call to a doctor.
Especially often reminds of myself when walking on the stairs, when a different load is applied to the knee joint every time. Under such circumstances, aching knee pain will soon pass, but this will require warming compresses.
If the situation is more serious, then there is no positive dynamics after such manipulations. The following pathologies are not excluded:
- degenerative disorders of cartilage, articular tissues.
Sharp pain in the knee
If the patient changes position and feels a sharp lumbago knee joint, it is a worrying sign that the cup is dominated by insufficient or excess fluid.
Such a problem is considered a consequence of inflammatory processes or infectious diseases. If you do not heal, the number of attacks increases dramatically, the person partially loses a course, peace of mind.
Sharp pain of the knee with frequent attacks indicates the following diseases of the body:
- Bursitis. The disease is accompanied by the impossibility of knee movement, hyperemia of the focus of pathology.
- Meniscus. It is supplemented with a complete blockade of the joint, lack of mobility of the patella, it hurts badly.
- Articular mouse. With this diagnosis, part of the articular tissue dies off, for a long time there is no symptomatology.
- Subluxation or dislocation of the patella. Acute pain in the knee can be congenital, or develops under the influence of provoking factors.
- Arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis.
Sore knees after running
Such a disease of the knee joint is more often formed in athletes who are used to living at a maximum. Increased physical stress leads to wear of cartilage and connective tissue.
First, the person is worried about knee pain after running, but then such unpleasant sensations do not leave even at rest. On the first couple you can do compresses, but in complicated cases even anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving ointments do not help.
If the knee is aching, this is a chronic problem, i.e. finally get rid of it will not work.
The doctor explains to each patient the etiology of the pathological process, recommends timely care for prevention, does not carry weight and does not overload the diseased parts of the body.
Otherwise, the patient consists in dispensary registration, with medicinal and folk methods, maintains the general condition at a satisfactory level.
The most common causes of pain in the knee are as follows:
- trauma to the bone, bruises of soft tissues, stretching of the muscle;
- physical overload;
- degenerative disorders of connective tissue;
- age changes in the joints;
- poor heredity.
Treatment of the knee joint
First you need to determine where it hurts - in front or behind, then go through the diagnosis. Ultrasound or fluoroscopy will show the focus of pathology, its specificity and features.
Patients often ask if the knee hurts, how to treat? There are many methods, they include prescriptions for alternative medicine and the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
For both cases, without consulting a specialist, therapy should not be started.
How to treat a knee joint at home
If at night in the knee began to shoot, hurt, in the morning you need to see a doctor. He recommends oral analgesics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of gels and ointments.
In addition, you need to get rid of the stress hormone, improve your emotional health. Treatment of the knee joint at home provides outdoor exercise, moderate exercise, squats and regular visits to the pool.
Only an integrated approach, timely entered into the life of the patient, will provide a long-term period of remission.
Folk remedies for pain in the knees
If there was an ache, discomfort, and squats during the morning exercises are given more and more difficult, there are effective folk remedies for pain in the knees.
Before their involvement, it is advisable to pass a test for an allergic reaction to plant components.
If this is absent, here are good recipes for all occasions:
- From the front and back, wrap the knee with a piece of burdock or plantain, and bind it with a bandage. Leave the compress for the night, and in the morning nothing hurts. The remedy can be used even by a child. By the same principle, you can use the onion, divided into petals.
- If knee pains ache, and sit-ups with walking cause panic fear, you can use badger or pork fat. It is necessary to rub the knee, especially from the rear, to tighten with a bandage and do not remove the whole night. In the morning, it does not hurt anymore.
- Doctors recommend yellow clay for warming compresses.
: pain in the joint - treatment
A source: http://sovets.net/8030-bolit-koleno.html
Pain in the knee with flexion and extension, causes and treatment of inflammation of the joint at home | HLS and medicine
Pain in the knee is one of the most common reasons for visits to a manual therapist. This ailment appears not only in the elderly and athletes. More and more often with this problem to the doctor young people who are not engaged in professionally sports address.
Causes of the disease
The knee joint is very vulnerable to injury and stress.
It has a complex anatomical structure, so its bruises are a frequent problem, especially for physically active people.
It happens that the damage is not serious, but it causes discomfort and makes it difficult to move. It happens that an inoffensive injury has serious consequences and requires immediate medical attention.
Pain sensations can be continuous, pulsating, sharp. May occur during the movement, but also during prolonged standing or sitting. Often there are night pains. Sometimes they are accompanied by a flow.
It is very important during the visit to the doctor to accurately describe the moment when discomfort develops, when it increases, at what moments becomes less intense.
This information is an important element of the diagnosis of the disease.
What causes and how to treat pain in the knees? The reasons, treatment at home of this ailment can be different.
The most common causes of the disease are:
- Trauma - then immediately you should consult a doctor who will prescribe the necessary diagnostic tests (radiography, ultrasound, MRI).
- Degenerative changes.
- Chondromalacia - often accompanied by clicks in the joint (as a result of softening of the articular cartilage).
- Strong physical activity.
- Defects of posture - causes an incorrect load on the legs, which contributes to the disease.
- Valgus deformation.
- Violations in the spine (at the level of L4-L5).
- Flat feet or hollow foot.
- Inflammatory process.
- Damage to the meniscus.
When to go to the doctor?
When to go to the doctor, if you are concerned about the pain in the knee to which doctor to contact? This problem should be addressed to the chiropractor.
Urgent approach to a specialist is necessary, in the case of:
- Very strong painful attacks.
- Significant edema.
- Clear movement restrictions.
- Numbness, tingling sensation.
- Articular deformations.
- Motion blocking.
The doctor, after assessing the motor function of the knee joint, conducting appropriate tests and studies visualization, may refer the patient to additional diagnosis, rehabilitation or, in some cases, to the operating theater procedure.
Pain in the knee during walking and after a load
Heavy loads as a result of regular classes in various sports can lead to changes in the joint, which will become a source of unpleasant diseases.
Article for You: How to strengthen bones and joints - says arthrologist
This applies not only to athletes, but also to people working standing, carrying heavy objects.
When the load extends to all elements of the knee joint, discomfort, inflammation and pain in the knee occur when walking on a ladder or flat surface.
- "Knee jumper" is a degenerative process of a ligament with a calyx. It may be due to incorrect physical activity. There is pain under the knee when walking, while descending the stairs, jumping and squats. Other symptoms: swelling, widening of the ligament contours, sensation of stiffness, lameness, weakness, as well as muscle atrophy (especially the quadriceps muscle of the hip).
- "Knee runner" - cartilage damage and small production of synovial fluid. Pain discomfort occurs in the anterior part of the joint, as well as from the side of the calyx, and intensifies with activity. In addition, you hear a crack and feel the stiffness of movements.
If you have knee pains when walking, it is possible that the cause of this is joint degenerative changes.
Most often, they are:
- Arthrosis - is caused by the loss of cartilaginous tissue covering the surface of bones. The result of the disease are bony growths. When rubbing against each other, they cause pain and limit mobility. Diseases increase with prolonged walking, prevent squatting. There is also stiffness, especially with prolonged sitting, and muscle weakness.
- Chondromalacia (softening of the calyx that covers the cartilage of the joint) is a disease that can develop spontaneously or be the result of minor injuries, recurrent inflammatory processes, or excessive physical activity. Discomfort appears in the anterior part of the joint, increases with bending of the leg, ascending the stairs. It can be accompanied by clicks and a feeling of instability.
- Baker's cyst is a soft, fluid-filled tubercle that locates at the bottom of the knee joint. The cyst (the juice of burdock will help) is the result of excessive production of synovial fluid due to damage to the joint bag and inflammation. Distinctive features of the cyst are: pain in the knee after walking, swelling of the extremities, redness and warming of the skin in the area of change or numbness in the lower legs, associated with oppression on the vessels or nerves.
Injuries to the knee joint
What are the symptoms of a bruise? They are a diverse group, and also have varying degrees of severity.
- Pain - strong, dull and growing with walking or physical exertion, also appears when climbing and descending from the stairs.
- Cracks, stiffness or friction during movement are felt.
Fracture, distension or dislocation are very serious conditions requiring urgent medical attention. In this case, the flexion movements are not only limited, but absolutely impossible to perform.
A fracture in the region of the knee joint is usually located at the lower end of the femur - a severe form, can be accompanied by a bone displacement.
As a rule, it is a consequence of road accidents.
Other disorders concern the bones of the shin - the peroneal or tibial bone or both. Stretches are most often observed in athletes who perform sudden, rapid movements with their feet, without the appropriate warm-up..
The result is damage to the joint stabilizers, most often ligaments, and meniscus or bag are also damaged.
These are serious injuries of varying severity requiring the intervention of an orthopedic physician.
With each received bruise, you need to go to the orthopedist, because even an innocent-looking injury can be dangerous. Before the patient gets to the doctor, he needs first aid for pain in the knees. To this end, he must be immobilized.
You can do this, for example, by inserting a leg between two tires (made from something - sticks, wooden spoons). Arrange the injured leg in such a way that the victim is not severely hurt. Then make a cold compress.
It can be gauze soaked in cold water, ice wrapped in cloth or other cold object. After wrap this place with an elastic bandage.
Compress will reduce pain, partially relieve swelling and prevent the growth of the hematoma. Fix the damaged joint in the manner described above (tires). After these actions, it is possible to deliver the victim to the polyclinic for further treatment.
Injury to the meniscus and muscle trauma
Meniscus injury is a frequent condition that occurs in young people. She appears during sports.
Symptoms of a meniscus injury are:
- Chronic pain discomfort, which increases with activity (most often during squats).
- Blockade of the joint.
- Release of moisture.
The muscles are also damaged. As a result of strong physical exertion, insufficient stretching, sharp movement - muscles are damaged or worse, torn.
In the case of muscle rupture, movements become impossible to perform. Therefore, even with frivolous muscle injuries, there are strong painful sensations, hence the difficulty in walking and the tension of the limb.
There is also swelling and bruising.
Treatment and rehabilitation
How to treat pain in the knee during flexion and extension? Treatment of inflammation of the joint requires a correct diagnosis. Depending on what causes pain discomfort, the doctor chooses the appropriate form of treatment.
Treatment should include:
- avoidance of physical activity in the period of acute pain;
- pharmacotherapy - analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of ointments or gels, used locally on a sore spot;
- physiotherapy - you can apply different procedures, depending on what goal you want to achieve: cryotherapy will reduce pain and inflammation; Laser therapy will accelerate the healing of soft tissues; electrostimulation will increase the excitability of the neuromuscular fabric;
- mobilization of the patella, which will improve its mobility;
- massage - with pain in the knees will reduce the increased muscle tension, improve blood circulation and nutrition of soft tissues;
- improving exercises - for strengthening the strength of muscles, improving the stability and elasticity of soft tissues, stimulating the neuromuscular tissue and training the entire lower limb;
- kinesiotherapy - used when stabilization or knee protection is required.
Selection of orthopedic insoles - if the problem arises from an incorrect load on the legs, you can think about changing shoes, and women avoid walking on their heels.
You can consult a physiotherapist and pick up orthopedic insoles individually for yourself.
The right foot rest can indirectly affect the even distribution of the load in the knee joints, and this is a reduction in pain.
If the patient is obese, he needs to lose extra pounds, increase the intake of products containing collagen, protein, fiber, vitamins B, D and E and fatty omega-3 acids.
Damage to the knee joint (rupture of the meniscus, rupture of the cruciate ligament) requires surgical intervention. At the present time, doctors are less and less likely to be dealt with in the operations involving the opening of a damaged joint.
A popular method in medicine is arthroscopy.
However, it should be borne in mind that in order to get a complete cure, the operation should be is completed by a good and conscientious rehabilitation and individual patient work on changing the image life.
How to relieve pain in the knee joint at home? Rehabilitation is best to start at home, even during the immobilization of the foot.
The faster you start moving, the easier it is to prevent muscle atrophy.
- Exercise 1 The exercise can be performed in the supine position or sitting on the edge of the chair. It consists in lifting the straight leg upward, with the tension of the muscles of the leg. To add a little resistance, you can use weighting agents for the feet. There are 12 repetitions for one leg.
- Exercise 2 Performed in a sitting position on the rug with straight legs outstretched in front of him. Under the knee is a rolled towel, a small blanket or pillow. With an exhalation slowly squash the towel, maximally straightening the legs. At the same time, keep your back straight. This kind of exercise is repeated 10 times on each leg.
- Exercise 3 The position for this exercise is lying on the back, bend and set the legs on the width of the hips, feet on the floor. With an exhalation, the pelvis is lifted upwards. Movement should be slow and calm. The exercise is performed 12 times.
A source: http://happiness-and-beauty.ru/bol-v-kolene-pri-sgibanii-i-razgibanii-lechenie-vospalenie-sustava.html
The knee hurts during flexion and extension: treatment of the knee joint
Why sometimes there is sharp and shooting pain in the knee when bending? What if I get a sharp pain when walking? What are the causes of this ailment? For all these and many other questions, only the doctor can give a clear answer to the patient.
Man daily mercilessly exploits his joints, without even thinking about the fact that they also need rest.
Of course, the human body is capable of withstanding significant loads, but all this for the time being, until the time.
Eventually, the musculoskeletal system will gradually decline, and the patient notices in the joints discomfort and discomfort that develop into pain..
Pain in the knee when bending is the complaint with which people come to the doctor quite often. The reasons for this state are quite understandable, because an anatomically knee is located almost on the surface and daily withstands significant static and dynamic loads..
And if you take into account the fact that the joint has all the prerequisites for damage, the pain that arises when bending the knee should not be surprising.
Anatomical features of the knee joint
The knee, along with the hip and ankle joint, belongs to the largest joints of the human musculoskeletal system. But this does not mean that the knee joint is stronger than the rest, smaller ones. Quite the contrary.
The knee joint consists of three bones - the knee cap, femoral and tibia. This structure makes it quite difficult.
In view of the fact that there are natural stabilizers (meniscus plates) in the knee, it is unstable. Menisci located along the edges of the end surface of the tibia and serve to increase the depreciation of the joint and its additional fixation.
The terminal surfaces of the articular bones are covered with hyaline cartilage, which protects the bone tissue from damage and ensures smooth sliding of the joint elements.
Menisci are not provided with a network of blood vessels. Their nutrition is carried out due to the synovial fluid contained in the joint capsule.
If there are reasons for the deterioration of the synovial fluid, for example, trauma or poor blood circulation in the limbs, the cartilage tissue with time begins to lose its elasticity, delamination and to be destroyed.
Why the knee has chronic pain
The knee joint is often subjected to various specific diseases. This section is devoted to true pathologies, rather than the natural painful conditions caused by previous physical exertion.
Oschud-Schlatter's osteochondropathy - causes and treatment
Oshuda-Schlatter osteochondropathy - that's why sometimes the knee is painful when flexing, as well as when flexing.
Osteochondropathy is a large group of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, during which apophyses (bone protrusions and tuberosity) undergo degenerative changes..
Osgood-Schlatter disease affects the tuberosity of the tibia to which it is attached tendon of the patella, which is a continuation of the tendon of the quadriceps femoris - the largest muscles of the leg..
Osgood-Schlatter disease is most often found in children and adolescents in males. This is due to the fact that many children are actively involved in various sports that involve great physical activity.
The main reasons for the development of osteochondropathy lie in the inconsistency of the growth rates of blood vessels and bone tissue, as a result of which some parts of the bones lack food.
This phenomenon provokes the development of local necrosis of tuberosity of the tibia. A constant load on the knee joints leads to hypertrophy of bone tissue and the formation of osteophytes. All these factors are the reasons that when walking, there is a severe acute pain under the knee.
Symptoms of the disease are quite typical:
- Under the knee, a hillock is formed.
- Skin without changes.
- Symptoms of inflammation are absent.
- Acute pain occurs when bending the knee and squatting.
What if I have such symptoms? What kind of treatment is needed? It turns out that you do not need anything, usually the disease passes with age.
Gonarthrosis - how to treat the disease
If the doctor pronounces the term "gonarthrosis then the deforming arthrosis develops in the knee joint.
With this disease, most elderly patients are confronted. However, the disease can develop in a young organism
. In this case, provoking factors are not age-related changes in the cartilaginous tissue of the joint. The reasons are as follows:
- Constant dynamic loads.
- Active sports activities.
- Exchange and endocrine pathologies.
Symptoms of gonarthrosis develop very slowly and the first stages of pathology show practically nothing. Minor pain in the knees of the patient can be attributed to fatigue after a working day, especially since after rest they pass.
But the farther the gonarthrosis enters in its development, the more painful it becomes, all movements are accompanied by crepitus, the mobility in the articulation decreases.
What to do if there are signs of gonarthrosis? The disease must be treated, otherwise the joint can completely lose its functionality, and a person can become disabled. Conservative treatment consists in the appointment of NSAIDs, preparations of a group of hondoprotectors and physiotherapy sessions.
Than Rheumatoid Arthritis Is Dangerous
Rheumatoid arthritis is a disease of small joints. But some forms of rheumatoid arthritis are drawn into the pathological process and the knee joint. The disease proceeds wavy - the periods of exacerbation are replaced by remission.
Symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis:
- Morning stiffness in the joint.
- If the disease affects the knee, it swells and turns red.
- Mobility in the joint is limited.
- When walking, pain occurs.
How to treat rheumatoid arthritis is not a simple matter and the task is rather complicated. The patient should do everything the doctor recommends him.
Getting rid of the disease requires the appointment of basic anti-inflammatory medications, which have many side effects and contraindications.
Some analgesics treatment is not limited.
Injuries to the knee and inflammation
The complex structure of the knee joint explains the wide variety of injuries that can overtake it.
Most often, strains or ruptures of the ligamentous apparatus of the joint, meniscus lesions, fractures of the intraarticular parts of the bones, hemarthrosis, traumatic synovitis, rupture of the capsule are diagnosed.
Each of these injuries is accompanied by severe pain in the joint, not only during movement, but also in a state of complete rest. What to do in this situation?
Since the patient can not correctly diagnose himself, he must go to the doctor. The traumatologist will examine the patient, send him to additional diagnostic procedures and prescribe adequate treatment.
If the knee joint hurts, it can be a sign of an inflammatory process that occurs directly in the joint itself and in the surrounding tissues.
Inflammation of the joints:
- Reactive arthritis.
- Periarthritis - inflammation of the periarticular tissues.
- Allergic arthritis.
- Bursitis - inflammation of the joint bag.
- Inflammation of the meniscus.
- Synovitis is an inflammation of the synovial capsule.
Unfortunately, it's often too late to see a doctor. Patients rarely come to a medical facility if the disease is at an early stage of development.
And this is understandable, because most of the joint pathologies at the beginning of their journey are almost asymptomatic. Often, minor pain in the knees patients write off for fatigue and overexertion.
And this makes treatment of pathology very difficult.
A source: http://sustav.info/travmy/bolno/bolit-koleno-pri-sgibanii-i-razgibanii.html