Almost every person faced a stuffy nose without a cold. Naturally, such a state is alarming and even worrisome, because we are used to having a nosebleed nose can cope with a "hammered" nose. However, when there is no rhinitis and breathing is almost impossible, it is at least strange and unusual.
- Why lays the nose - causes
- Types of nasal congestion
- It appears in the morning
- It appears in the evening
- Concomitant symptoms
- Surgical treatment
- Treatment in children
- Treatment with folk remedies
- Nasal drops
- Recipes for warming up and inhalation
- Lotions and ointments
- Solutions for washing
Effective nose spray from the cold Methods of treating a common cold in one day - quickly and effectively We use an inhaler to treat cough and cold Thick white snot in adults and children - causes and treatment Treatment of colds with saline in adults and children
In addition to anxiety, nasal congestion without a cold also brings a lot of discomfort. A person is forced to breathe through the mouth, which can adversely affect the health of the throat.
In addition, it becomes difficult to talk and eat, because at the same time you have to breathe something else. Ultimately, all this affects the emotional state of the patient and his ability to work. A person becomes irritable, which makes it difficult for him to concentrate on performing various tasks.
Speaking simpler and shorter, nasal congestion significantly reduces the quality of life and emotional background. What could be the cause of such an unpleasant symptom and how to deal with it? Read below.
Why lays the nose - causes
According to many otolaryngologists, the main cause of nasal congestion without a cold is an unfavorable ecological situation. As we know, the nose acts as an external purifier in the body, preventing bacteria and harmful substances from entering.
In recent decades, when industry is growing all over the world, more and more chemical and metallurgical enterprises are opening up, the number of motorists is increasing, the load on our natural filter is significantly increasing. Accordingly, the nose can no longer perform its functions so effectively, which causes periodic or permanent stuffiness without a runny nose. According to research, this symptom is mainly affected by the inhabitants of cities, which is quite logical.
However, there are other reasons:
- Colds. At the initial stage of the disease, when there is still a runny nose, nose mucosa can often swell, preventing normal breathing.
- Allergic reaction. It causes the same mucosal reaction as colds.
- Insufficiently moist air causes irritation of the mucosa, which makes breathing difficult.
- Failures in work in the hormonal system. Often because of this, lays a nose in pregnancy.
- Pathologies in the structure of the respiratory apparatus. For example, the curvature of the nasal septum.
- Presence of foreign objects in the nasal cavity.
- Polyps in the nasal cavity, which tend to expand and prevent breathing.
- An example of some drugs, in particular, vasodilators.
- Alcohol abuse, which leads to dehydration and, as a consequence, swelling of the sinuses.
- Increased blood sugar, causing swelling of the mucosa.
At what diseases lays a nose without a cold? Most often this symptom is manifested in rhinitis, sinusitis, sinusitis, polyps, adenoids, viral diseases and SARS,
Types of nasal congestion
Although the problem for all patients is the same, however, it all comes across in different ways. In some, it arises periodically, while others live with it constantly, someone lays a nose and a headache, and someone has an unpleasant symptom only in the morning, evening or night. Let's try to understand the reasons for each of these situations.
It appears in the morning
More often the problem is manifested in the cold season. The symptom is caused by dry air, which is a consequence of the included heating devices. Try to turn off the heating for one night and chances are that you will manage to cope with the stuffiness. Humidifiers and household wet towels will also help to overcome dry air in the rooms.
It appears in the evening
On the assurances of experts, the manifestation of a symptom in the evening or at night is caused by allergic reactions. Therefore, all patients are advised to pass a test to determine the stimulus.
Constant nasal congestion is a problematic situation. Unfortunately, we can not overcome the problem with the help of local treatment (sprays). In such cases, the cause may be pathologies in the structure of the nasal apparatus or serious diseases (sinusitis, polyps). In some cases, surgery may be necessary.
What if you constantly have a nose without a cold? Go to the doctor otolaryngologist for diagnosis. Only this procedure will help to identify the cause of the problem and effectively eliminate it.
The most common concomitant symptom is a headache. It is explained by the fact that when the nose is blocked, the brain does not receive enough oxygen, which causes oxygen starvation and, as a consequence, headaches.
In addition, there may be signs of colds, such as a general decline in performance, increased fatigue, lethargy, aches and fever.
To determine the reasons for nasal congestion, an otolaryngologist can perform the following procedures:
- Collect anamnesis.
- Examine the nasal sinuses, throat and ears.
- Take a clinical blood test.
- Conduct ultrasound diagnosis of sinuses of the nose.
- Assign an X-ray examination.
- Take a swab from the nose and bakposev.
- Advise and draw up a treatment regimen.
It is not necessary that the doctor will prescribe all these procedures. You will be given only some of them, depending on the doctor's assumptions regarding the cause of your problem.
Immediately nasal congestion is not an independent disease, but only acts as a symptom signaling that something is wrong in the body. Accordingly, it is necessary to treat not the symptom, but the very reason.
However, in order to get rid of the troubling problem, there is enough and symptomatic treatment that can be done at home with the use of available drugs that are dispensed without a prescription.
Let's look at the details of what we can do to help:
- If discomfort is caused by allergic reactions, then to ease the condition, you can use antihistamines such as loratodine or diazoline. In order to make treatment more qualitative, it is recommended to consult an allergist, who will help to find the stimulus.
- Also, it is good to cope with a persistent symptom with vasoconstrictive drops. Among the most effective are tizin and naphthysine. However, do not forget that they can be addictive, so it's not recommended to use them for longer than 7 days.
- An excellent way to quickly restore the respiratory function of the nose is to rinse. They can be carried out using saline solution, saline solution, as well as herbal decoctions.
- Many experts recommend increasing the absorption of hot liquids and eating spicy dishes. Caution! Do not overdo the last.
- If you are sure that your problem is not inflammatory, you can use overheating and inhalation. For this, chlorophyllite is perfect.
- Also, for warming up, the ointment and the doctor are well suited.
- In addition, it is not superfluous to do yourself a massage of the wings of the nose. This improves blood circulation and stimulates the outflow of mucus from the sinuses.
In cases where nasal congestion is caused by the curvature of the nasal septum, the presence of a foreign body in the cavity, polyps or the proliferation of mucosal tissue, surgical intervention can be performed.
Most often, the operation is performed without the use of anesthesia in a hospital environment, are not very traumatic, and patients recover very quickly after this procedure. For this purpose, laser or radio wave therapy, as well as traditional methods, are usually used.
Treatment in children
Due to the fact that the children's immune system is not as strong as in adults, children often have nasal congestion even after the slightest hypothermia. In addition, babies can develop cough, hoarseness in the throat and fever.
If you notice that the child is easier to breathe outdoors than at home, then the cause of the symptom is allergic rhinitis. It can be provoked by the hair of domestic animals, by dry air, by dust. Therefore, at the first stage of treatment it is necessary to protect the baby from the influence of these negative factors.
The same methods for adults as listed above are suitable for therapy.
Treatment with folk remedies
High efficiency in the removal of an unpleasant symptom brings the means of traditional medicine. Today, many recipes are known, allowing qualitatively and in the shortest possible time to eliminate nasal congestion. Let's look at some of them in more detail.
Quite quickly with the stuffiness of the nose will help to fix the daily instillation of aloe juice. It is enough 1-2 drops 2-3 times a day.
Brush and grate the beets on the grater, and then squeeze the juice with gauze. For 200 ml of this juice, add 3 tablespoons of honey. Bury 3-4 drops a day.
Recipes for warming up and inhalation
Warming with boiled eggs
The recipe is very simple to use. Cook one hard-boiled egg, cool it a bit, clean it and divide it along into 2 parts. Place halves on both sides of the nose.
Caution!Watch the temperature of the eggs, you can get burned!
Inhalation of boiled potatoes
A long and effective grandmother's recipe, which every child of the 90's knows. Boil 3-5 potatoes, drain. Sit over the pan so that the steam from it gets directly into the nose, from above cover with a towel or blanket.
Important!Do not lean too far, you can get burned with hot steam!
Take a head of garlic of medium size, remove the husks and grind the denticles in a blender. Pour a lot of liters of boiling water, finishing with a teaspoon of soda. Slightly cool and do according to the principle of potato inhalation.
Lotions and ointments
Based on herbal remedies
You will need:
- flowers of lime;
- St. John's wort;
- chamomile flowers.
List the herbs in equal proportions, and pour water and cook over low heat for about half an hour. In a cooled decoction, moisten the cotton swab and enter it alternately into the nostrils.
Based on honey
It will take:
- honey 2 g;
- anestezine 0.1 g.
Ingredients mix and with the help of a cotton swab put in nostrils as it is possible more deeply. The procedure is best done at night. Efficiency is explained by the fact that dissolving under the influence of body temperature, honey flows down the nasal passage, affecting the problem areas.
Carrots, according to the principle of action in many respects similar to onions, however, unlike the latter, it does not irritate the mucous membrane and does not bring unpleasant sensations.
Rub the carrots on the grater and squeeze the juice. Bury in the nose 2 drops 3 times a day.
Based on horseradish
Mix 50 ml of horseradish juice with two tablespoons of honey. Lubricate the nasal passage from the inside 2 times a day.
Solutions for washing
Based on sea salt
Dissolve in 200 g of warm water a couple drops of iodine and a teaspoon of sea salt, stir well. Rinse your nose with a syringe without a needle 2-3 times a day. If desired, can be used as a drop.
Take one medium sized bulb, peel and grind it on a blender. Use gauze to wring out the juice. 50 ml of juice pour into a glass of warm water, stir well, and then add a teaspoon of honey. Rinse your nose twice a day.
With prolonged nasal congestion, complications can develop:
- sinusitis or sinusitis;
- partial or complete hearing loss;
- impaired smell;
- otitis and other problems with the hearing aid.
Prevention of unpleasant complications and consequences will help prevent:
- Carefully observe the rules of personal hygiene.
- If you are allergic, try to avoid factors that provoke a protective reaction of the body.
- Dress in the weather and try not to overcool. But if suddenly supercooled, then at home try to warm up well with a hot bath and tea.
- Pass prophylactic examinations at the otolaryngologist.
- Often be in the fresh air, air an apartment and maintain in it a sufficient level of humidity.
Observe the rules of prevention and take care of your health!