The true purpose of heparin ointment is the treatment of ulcers and diseases such as hemorrhoids and varicose veins. However, practice has shown that it can be an excellent tool for treating such cosmetic defects as swelling and bags under the eyes. And to get rid of them the ointment is capable of better than more expensive drugs and cosmetics of a direct purpose. From the moment of receiving the results of research and experience, the medication is used very actively and is available in almost every woman's medicine cabinet.
- 1Description of the preparation
- 2Pharmacological action and group
3Indications and contraindications in use
- 3.1In pregnancy
- 3.2To small children
- 4Possible complications caused by the drug
Description of the preparation
As a remedy for puffiness, heparin ointment is able to relieve irritation, pain and inflammation, as well as reduce redness, dilate blood vessels, improving blood supply.Due to its properties, it effectively fights bruises and bruises and acts as a cream from bags under the eyes.
The active component of the ointment is heparin, and as an anesthetic, anesthesin is used in the preparation.Other components of the drug have an auxiliary effect and enhance the effect of the basic ones.
The drug has a soft structure, white with a yellowish tinge and is available in small tubes for ten and twenty-five grams. The average price of heparin ointment in Russia is about forty rubles.
Due to a wide range of applications, cosmetologists are advised to always keep a heparin ointment at hand. In addition, it has a relatively low cost and is more affordable than popular cosmetics.
Pharmacological action and group
Heparin ointment has a complex composition and has a complex effect on the affected tissue sites. Active substance heparin after ingestion causes antithrombin III to become more active, which reduces the risk of blood clots and blood thinning. Other excipients provide nutrition and increase the elasticity of the skin, as well as relieve marked signs of inflammation.
Heparin is easily excreted by the body with the help of kidneys, having undergone preliminary processing.
Indications and contraindications in use
Direct medication prescription involves the treatment of the following pathologies:
- Trophic ulcers;
- Diseases of veins of inflammatory nature;
- Bruises and bruises.
In the absence of contraindications, the drug can be actively used to relieve swelling and redness of the eyes. In addition, the substances included in its composition, have caring properties and have a beneficial effect on the skin of the face.
There are several ways to use the product in cosmetology. The most widely used are the following:
- In the usual form. A thin layer of medicine is applied to the affected areas twice a day. The course of treatment can be up to ten days.
- As a mask.The first way: after cleansing the skin, you need to apply this ointment and leave it on your face for half an hour, then wipe with a cotton swab. The course of treatment - twenty days (apply every two days). The second way: to prepare a homogeneous mixture of two drops of peach oil (you can add other useful oils) and two peas of ointment. This mask can be applied for ten minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- As a compress.Squeeze a small amount onto a cotton swab or disc, leave for twenty minutes. The course of treatment is seven days.
- As an additive in cosmetic.Mix the ointment with the cream in equal amounts. Apply within three weeks.
When applying the product as a cosmetic, it is necessary to carefully monitor the dosage. You can not also increase the duration of the course of treatment, since the opposite effect may occur, as well as unpleasant skin defects, ecdysis and irritations.
Medication can not be used when:
- Hemophilia and other blood diseases;
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components;
- Mechanical damage to the skin;
- Low level of platelets;
- Purulent skin lesions.
It is also not recommended to have a joint reception with antibiotics, drugs intended for dilution of blood and preparations of non-steroid type.
Treatment of any diseases, including cosmetic defects such as edema, bruises and bags under eyes with the help of this tool is prohibited during a stay in the state of pregnancy and lactation. Also, its use is not recommended during menstruation. These limitations are due to the fact that the ointment can cause profuse bleeding.
To small children
Heparin ointment can be used to treat children from fourteen years of age.Use in younger age is not recommended.
Possible complications caused by the drug
Overdosing with topical application does not cause serious harm to health, but can worsen the condition of the skin and increase the likelihood of side effects. In addition, with active use can be observed:
- Symptoms of an allergic reaction(skin rash, redness, itching);
- Itching, burning;
- Peeling skin.
When these symptoms appear, you must stop or stop the use of the drug, and if you have an allergy - seek medical help.
Heparin ointment - one of the universal means, actively used not only in medical practice, but also in cosmetology. The drug can fight serious health problems and remove cosmetic defects. In addition, it has a low cost and is available to almost everyone. However, with its use it is necessary to be as cautious as possible, since it has a large number of contraindications and does not tolerate uncontrolled use.
A review of ointments under the eyes is presented in this article.