1Corsets for the lumbar spine
- 1.1Purpose of lumbar corsets
- 1.2Lumbar corset functions
- 1.3Types of orthoses for the lumbosacral department
- 1.4By function
- 1.5By the degree of rigidity
- 1.6At the place of wearing
- 1.7How to choose a lumbar corset
- 1.8The best models of corsets for the spine
- 1.9Rules for the operation of such products
- 1.10Contra-indications to use of a corset
- 1.11The rules for wearing such devices
- 1.12Care of orthopedic products
2Corsets for the lumbosacral department, their types, rules of wearing
- 2.1Purpose of the product
- 2.2Semi-rigid and rigid
- 2.3Degree of fixation
- 2.4Nuances of choice
- 2.5Features of wearing
- 2.6Denial of responsibility
3Semi-rigid lumbosacral corset: types, features
- 3.1Semi-rigid corset for lumbar-sacral-department
- 3.2When a hard corset is used
- 3.3Features of semi-rigid lumbar-sacral department
4Semi-rigid lumbosacral corset: types, instructions, reviews. Orthopedic corset:
- 4.2Use today
- 4.4Semi-rigid corset
- 4.6For pregnant women and children
- 4.7Indications for use
- 4.8How to choose?
- 4.11Orthopedic belt or corset
- 5Lumbar corsets
Corsets for the lumbar spine
Back pain is caused by various causes and can lead to serious consequences. Therefore it is desirable to start treatment at the first signs of discomfort.
With various injuries, increased stress or spine diseases, doctors often prescribe wearing an orthopedic corset. The lumbosacral section is especially stressed, so the pain there often occurs.
The reason for them may be the curvature of the posture, excess weight, incorrectly distributed load, a sedentary lifestyle or trauma.
Purpose of lumbar corsets
Such orthopedic adaptations are prescribed by the doctor quite often with complaints of back pain or in the complex treatment of various diseases and injuries.
Lumbar corset is an elastic belt, often reinforced with stiffeners or special inserts.
With the help of tightening belts, he fixes the lower back, not allowing the vertebrae to move and slightly restricting the movements. Bandage for the lower back is needed in such cases:
- for recovery from injuries;
- with osteochondrosis, osteoporosis, spondylosis, radiculitis;
- In the postoperative period after surgical intervention in the lumbar region;
- with intervertebral hernia;
- with neuralgia;
- mobility of the vertebrae;
- for athletes, as well as other people experiencing great stress on the spine, for example, wearing weights;
- with scoliosis or lordosis in the lumbar region.
This corset is needed for various pathologies in the lumbar spine
Lumbar corset functions
Such devices for the back are used for any disturbances in the functioning of the spinal column. This method is very effective, because correctly applied lumbar corsets have such an effect:
- reduce the burden on the vertebrae, prevent the possibility of injury;
- reduce muscle spasms;
- relieve pain;
- unload the intervertebral discs with a hernia;
- improve blood circulation in the damaged area of the spine and feed tissues.
Types of orthoses for the lumbosacral department
Now on sale there are many orthopedic products. All of them differ in purpose and effect. It is difficult for a common person to understand what kind of corset he needs.
Therefore, such orthopedic products should be recommended by a doctor. Depending on the purpose of wearing and the degree of fixation, one of the species is selected.
It can be an elastic belt with or without ribs.
Corsets are different depending on the purpose and severity level
On this basis, all orthopedic bandages are divided into three groups:
- fixing corsets hold the spine, reduce the load on the vertebrae and discs, and also restrict movement in this area of the back;
- corrective support the back, help maintain proper posture, and in the early stages correct scoliosis or lordosis, most commonly used with such purposes chest-lumbar corset;
- warming belts are needed to improve blood circulation in the lumbar region, relax the muscles, provide a gentle massage action.
By the degree of rigidity
Corsets for the waist can have a different degree of fixation. The doctor will indicate in the appointment exactly which bandage is needed in this case.
The effect depends on this. If the degree of rigidity of the product is incorrectly chosen, the spine can be further damaged.
What are the varieties of corsets on this basis:
- soft elastic belts designed to warm the waist, improve blood circulation, relieve spasms, they do not support the spine;
- semi-rigid corset has an average degree of fixation, it protects the vertebrae from injury, displacement and infringement of nerves;
- a hard corset strongly fixes the spine, therefore it is used only for medicinal purposes.
For correcting the posture and recovery after injuries, use corsets that fix the entire spine
At the place of wearing
In addition, such devices are separated at the place of application. The most commonly used corset for the lumbar spine. Sometimes he can grasp the thoracic area. In this case, it better unloads the muscles and fixes the spine.
After injuries and operations, as well as to correct violations of posture, a chest-lumbar-sacral corset is used. It can be hard or not.
This device fixes and supports the spine, reducing the load from the muscles and intervertebral discs.
Often, the bandages that capture together with the lumbar thoracic region are made in the form of a solid plastic corset. Usually they are made for the order by individual measures.
How to choose a lumbar corset
Before buying a back belt, even semi-rigid or completely without fixation, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Only an expert can determine which device is best used in each particular case.
Especially you can not wear a rigid corset without prescribing a doctor, otherwise you can hurt the spine even more. This is the most important rule for choosing orthopedic products.
The next thing to look for when buying an orthopedic device is its size. It is necessary to select it precisely. To do this, measure the volume of the body around the waist. Often use such a system of measurements: the sum of waist and hip volumes are divided in half.
In accordance with this distinguish several sizes: from S - the smallest, to the XXL - the largest. But still it is recommended to try on the product before buying.
Sometimes a hard corset is made to order, especially if it is designed to correct the curvature of the spine.
Corset must necessarily fit the size
Depending on the purpose of using such devices, it is necessary to choose the material from which they are made. It can be natural fabrics that are breathable and absorb moisture well..
Often add synthetic materials: polyamide, elastane, neoprene. These fabrics are very elastic and allow the product to last longer. For rigid corsets, plastic and metal are used to ensure a strong fixation of the spine..
If the orthosis is necessary for warming and improving blood circulation, it is made of neoprene or wool.
The best models of corsets for the spine
In order for the orthopedic product to function normally, it is necessary to buy it only in pharmacies or special stores.
It is better to choose a product of well-known companies that have established themselves as manufacturers of quality orthopedic products.
According to statistics, the most commonly used are several products:
And still we advise reading:Corset for straightening your back
- Т-1586 Trives is a semi-rigid corset for fixation of the lumbosacral spine. It is made of air-permeable natural material with the addition of polyamide. It has 6 metal stiffeners and a triple elastic buckle. It is used with a prophylactic purpose to relieve the load from the spine or as an auxiliary treatment for pain in the back, osteochondrosis, radiculitis, and recovery after trauma.
- Corrective-fixative corset Orto KGK-100 is designed for the chest-lumbar region. It has two stiffeners along the entire spine and an additional two ribs for fixing the loins. The purpose of this product is correction of curvature of the spine, treatment of hernia, osteochondrosis of neuralgia, instability of the vertebrae, consequences of injuries.
- Very comfortable lumbar corset Orlett with a variable degree of fixation. It is reinforced with ribs and a bridge frame, which rigidly fix the spine. This allows you to use the corset after injuries and with serious diseases of the spine. As you recover, the frame is removed first, then the stiffeners. In this form, this corset prevents sharp movements in the lower back, protecting the spine, but retains muscle activity.
A corset with a variable degree of fixation is very convenient for recovery after serious diseases and injuries
Rules for the operation of such products
In most cases, corsets for the lower back are used for medical purposes. Therefore, it is so important to clearly follow the rules of their wearing and doctor's recommendations.
Contra-indications to use of a corset
It is forbidden to wear fixing orthopedic devices constantly. Because of this, muscle atrophy and stagnation in tissues can develop. There are several contraindications to the use of the corset.
You can not wear it during pregnancy, hernia of the abdominal wall, reflux disease of the esophagus and purulent diseases on the skin. If the patient has kidney disease or cardiovascular insufficiency, then the corset can provoke swelling.
It is also not recommended to wear it after using anti-inflammatory or warming ointments.
The corset should fix the spine well, but do not squeeze the blood vessels
The rules for wearing such devices
With the preventive purpose to prevent pain and displacement of the vertebrae, the corset is worn during exercise.
For example, it is recommended to use such devices for weightlifting athletes. For treatment of various diseases the mode of use is prescribed by a doctor.
To corset for the waist brought relief to the patient and helped restore the functions of the spine, you must wear it correctly:
- when putting on all the straps and elastic fasteners you need to tighten so that the spine is fixed, but the function of breathing and circulation is not violated;
- Orthopedic bandage is worn most often for no more than 6 hours a day, prolonged wearing is shown only in serious cases: after operations, with hernia, displacement of vertebrae, compression fracture or progressive distortion;
- put on a corset on cotton underwear or a thin T-shirt that protects the skin from rubbing and sweating;
- You can not leave a bandage on your body while you sleep.
Care of orthopedic products
To the bandage lasted a long time and did not immediately lose its qualities, it is necessary to look after it properly.
Most corsets can be washed in the car, after removing the stiffeners and fastening all the fasteners. The mode is to select "delicate washing".
Do not use bleach and other chemicals, do not dry on a battery or in the sun.
A corset for the lumbar spine is an effective method to relieve pain and strain from the spine. If the product is selected and applied correctly, it will help to recover faster after injury and restore freedom of movement.
A source: http://MoyaSpina.ru/raznoe/korsety-poyasnichnogo-otdela-pozvonochnika
Corsets for the lumbosacral department, their types, rules of wearing
Of all the departments of the spine, one of the most durable, but also the most vulnerable - lumbar. It has a significant load, both dynamic and static. To prevent the development of diseases of the spine or treat existing ones, you need a corset.
Consider what it is like to choose the right corset lumbar-sacral and how to put it on.
Purpose of the product
Orthopedic product (orthosis) is appointed on the recommendation of the attending physician and in consultation with the orthopedist. Lumbosacral corset is used for the following purposes:
- rehabilitation after trauma, (shortens recovery time, prevents displacement of damaged vertebrae);
- fixation for diseases ( etc.);
- reduction of painful sensations in the back, relieving muscle strain in people engaged in manual labor, athletes, drivers, etc.
Semi-rigid and rigid
Corsets for the lumbosacral section are usually classified according to the degree of rigidity.
The most popular type of corsets. It fixes the lumbar and sacral section, it does not restrict freedom of movement, but at the same time effectively removes the tension of the paravertebral muscles. Recommended:
- to reduce soreness;
- for recovery from injury, surgery;
- for prevention;
- as a female orthosis (with a significant discrepancy of the pelvic bones).
Many models are characterized by a convenient "setting" - they can be adjusted. In addition, such orthoses are compact enough and light, they are not visible under clothes. You can choose any size - and adult, and.
Among the cons of medium-hardness corsets, you can note only some difficulties in care: you can only erase the corset by hand, do not twist it, dry it in a special way.
It can also cause an allergic reaction in people with sensitive skin.
This type of lumbosacral orthoses is recommended for use after serious operations on the spine.
Such a corset, chosen by a rehab physician, can completely replace the supporting function of the affected area and prevents the displacement of the vertebrae.
Just as in the case of semi-rigid models, it is possible to select an individually suitable orthosis due to a wide model range.
It should be noted that the use of rigid models requires particularly careful compliance with medical recommendations so that no complications arise.
Degree of fixation
By the degree of fixation of the lumbar-sacral department, corsets of full, strong and medium fixation (easy fixing is achieved by using warming belts that are not considered corsets).
- Full fixation. For rehabilitation after injuries, without the ability to move freely.
- Strong fixation. Assign with severe pain (irradiation in the groin, buttocks, with loss of sensitivity of the tips of the toes). Ortheses of dense fabric, knitwear with transversely arranged elastic straps for greater effect. On the back - usually 4 inserts of metal, repeating the contours of the waist, sacrum.
- Medium fixation. Recommended for mild, during physical exertion, and also at a late stage of rehabilitation. Models are softer, of elastic material, with 4 flexible ribs of stiffness.
Nuances of choice
Before choosing a corset, it is important to get a specialist consultation, as there are some contraindications:
- a hernia of the abdominal wall;
- purulent skin diseases;
- local dermatitis;
- use of a gel or other means;
- individual intolerance.
To choose the right orthosis, you need to pay attention to such nuances:
- type of corset;
- size (waist circumference or waist circumference (at 8 cm below the waist) from different manufacturers) - you need to take measurements without clothes;
- material - the most successful is knitted, thin or mesh;
- additional parameters, such as warming or massage effect (to improve blood circulation and relieve muscle tension);
- special requests - for example, models on "suspenders which are worn by drivers: when unbuttoning on the belt, the corset remains on the shoulders.
Features of wearing
The effectiveness of the treatment of the lumbosacral area directly depends on how the orthopedic device is applied, how correctly it is worn:
- Orthopedic adaptation is worn only if necessary - with pain, with loads (since the muscles "wean" from independent work).
- To avoid discomfort, the orthosis is worn on cotton underwear.
- You can not tighten too tightly so as not to interfere with blood circulation. Correction should be done by a doctor.
- Use of orthosis is recommended no more than 6 hours (for models of strong fixation, longer terms are used, but only after consulting a doctor).
- You can not sleep in the corset.
Once again, the product for correction of the lumbosacral spine can be purchased only on the advice of a doctor and orthopedist. Do not try to make it yourself, or buy what friends have recommended.
There are no identical histories of the disease, therefore, the corset must be chosen strictly individually. In addition, the device itself does not heal, but only to a certain extent facilitates the life of the patient.
Use it makes sense only in conjunction with other methods of therapy: therapeutic gymnastics, medications, massage, a healthy lifestyle in general.
Denial of responsibility
The information in the articles is intended only for general reading and should not be used for self-diagnosis of health problems or for therapeutic purposes.
This article is not a substitute for medical advice from a doctor (neurologist, therapist).
Please consult your doctor first to know the exact cause of your health problem..
I will be very grateful if you click on one of the buttons
and share this material with your friends 🙂
A source: http://osteohondrosy.net/korsety-dlya-poyasnichno-krestcovogo-otdela-ikh-vidy-pravila-nosheniya.html
Semi-rigid lumbosacral corset: types, features
Corsets come to the aid of the spine very often, starting at the youngest age.
In some cases, they are necessary to prevent childhood scoliosis and the formation of a correct posture, which is so important for the correct physical development of the child.
Most often, children are assigned pectoral and thoracolumbar correctors of posture or preventive soft corsets. Lumbosacral rigid corset in childhood is quite rare, it can be prescribed in the following cases:
- Scoliotic S-shaped deformation of 3 to 4 degrees
- With congenital disorders in the development of the hip joint
- At fractures of the lumbosacral spine
In the life of an adult, a semi-rigid or hard lumbosacral corset is quite common phenomenon, primarily because the mature spine has to face with a large number diseases.
A large selection of qualitative lumbar sacral corsets you can see from our partners in the online store - OrtoPiter.
The employees of the company will professionally answer all your questions and help you choose the corset, which is necessary for the health of your back.
Call right now at toll-free number - 8 (800) 775-02-94 and get a free consultation on choosing an orthopedic corset. OrthoPeter
So, here they are, these diseases:
- osteochondrosis, destructive and deforming cartilage tissues of vertebral discs
- intervertebral hernia, leading this deformation to the final stage
- spondylarthrosis, affecting vertebral joints
- osteoporosis, which reduces the density of bone tissue of the vertebrae
- spondylolisthesis, displacing the vertebrae relative to each other and turning the spine into a kind of ladder
- scoliotic progressive changes
- traumatic injuries with a breach of stability
However, this does not mean that with all these pathologies, a bandage is necessarily prescribed, since this is still a compulsory measure.
More often than not, the most difficult tests fall on the most fighting lumbosacral department.
Semi-rigid corset for lumbar-sacral-department
The spine, like any mechanism, wears out over time, and parts of it begin to require replacement.
Only, unfortunately, if it is easy to make such a replacement in a technical apparatus, in biomechanics it is to be done without consequences for it and with the preservation of full functionality very difficult.
But there is another type of "repair this is an external reinforcement of the structure called "spine" with the help of an orthopedic corset.
Semi-rigid lumbosacral corset can temporarily take on the functions of the muscular-ligament corset for
- The removal of the load from the diseased part of our supporting support - the spine
- Relief of all painful nervous jams
- Restoration of muscle balance
If the first two items are almost already "chewed then the third requires a more detailed explanation.
Muscles in humans work far from always correctly, which leads to vertebral pathologies.
Back muscles test
In the straightening of the spine and bending of the trunk, paravertebral muscles of the back and paraplegia muscles participate, respectively. If their function is impaired, it becomes difficult for a person to perform the following test exercises:
- The starting position: lying on the stomach, hands behind the head, the lower part of the trunk and the legs are on the couch. We try to keep the upper part of the trunk parallel to the floor for 20 seconds.
Non-passage of the test indicates insufficient strength of the paravertebral muscles
- We bend the trunk, trying to bring the head closer to the knees, without bending at the same time the hip joints. The distance between the head and knees at the maximum possible bottom point of slope is not more than 10 cm.
A large amount indicates a paravertebral syndrome - excessive muscle tension: they become stiff-stone to the touch. This syndrome can be significantly reduced with the help of a special elbow massage of the lumbosacral department, which the manual therapist should perform.
- Lean forward at an angle of more than 10-15 ̊. In this position, the doctor should examine the muscles of the waist.
If from the side of the supporting leg they remain tense, then there is a syndrome of multi-parted muscles, which can speak of lumbosacral osteochondrosis.
Cleverly conducted manual massage can give a very good result in relaxing the lumbar muscles, but the effect can also be easily lost:
When a hard corset is used
Rigid orthopedic corset appoint
Features of a rigid corset:
- It provides complete fixation of the lumbosacral department and a complete limitation of its mobility
- Prolonged wearing is extremely undesirable, except for the forced rehabilitation period after injuries and surgeries
- Wearing a hard corset in most cases should be no more than 6 hours a day
Structurally, the lumbosacral rigid band consists of a belt of very dense tissue, reinforced with metal inserts and ribs, plastic plates, etc.
Features of semi-rigid lumbar-sacral department
Much more often hard, a semi-rigid orthopedic corset is used.
- Semi-rigid corset retains partial mobility of the lumbosacral-section, and thus less leads to muscle atrophy
- You can wear it longer
- It provides an average degree of fixation
- Semi-rigid orthopedic bandage can also be used after minor operations and injuries of the lumbosacral department.
Corsets semi-rigid for the lumbosacral department are manufactured:
- From strong dense material
- With the use of stiffeners, sometimes flexible
- With adjustable locking system with additional ties
Reminder before buying a corset
- Self-tight braids are not purchased. Choose the model and size should a doctor-orthopedist
- In exceptional cases, individual manufacture of a corset
- Duration of wearing (hourly daily and total daytime) should also be regulated by a doctor
- At the end of using the corset, you must always take a course of exercise therapy
: Use of a corset for lumbar pain
(2, 0of 5)
A source: https://ZaSpiny.ru/tovary/poluzhestkij-poyasnichno-krestcovyj-korset.html
Semi-rigid lumbosacral corset: types, instructions, reviews. Orthopedic corset:
It happens that life develops in such a way that a person faces a choice question: a semi-rigid lumbosacral corset, in order to ease the burden on the muscles of the back, and they are on the market today great a bunch of. This article will help those in need to make the right choice, focusing on the purpose, price and quality of the goods.
Corsets were invented, as the legends say, in 1468, when the Queen of Spain, Juan Portuguese unexpectedly became pregnant not from the king. Wanting to hide the new protuberances of the figure, she ordered a corset of metal.
Ten years later, Queen Isabella obliged to wear such armor of all her servants, for which a special decree was promulgated. Thus, she killed a dozen or two of her maids, the rest are accustomed.
The corset lived as a mandatory part of the wardrobe for a very long time, only in 1908 the ladies began to refuse him, listening to the prohibitions of doctors.
The metal was not used for very long, the design was gradually improved, the product soon began to be made of cloth or leather stretched over an elastic whale.
Certainly, women, especially pregnant women, wear corsets very badly.
But with diseases of the spine, a semi-rigid lumbosacral corset is simply necessary, since it takes on a part of the load and allows you to move on your own feet.
Now corsets are also widely used. They are necessary for straightening the back in scoliosis, to maintain it there is no means better and more effective.
Naturally, for many centuries the corsets have changed, they have become comfortable, they are worn by quite healthy people to improve the figure and correct some violations of posture.
And in the presence of many diseases, this method is simply indispensable, so the semi-rigid lumbosacral corset is constantly in demand..
And from his wearing the muscles are not completely unloaded, they continue to work, but the corset takes over part load, which prevents the progression of the pathology of the spine, while preventing the development of atrophy muscles..
The wearing of special support means is prescribed in case of injuries and in the postoperative period.
The main thing is to choose the right semi-rigid lumbosacral corset so that the support of the spine and the redistribution of the load are optimal.
In addition, the previously appeared deficiencies of posture are corrected and new changes in the result of the operation are prevented.
Orthopedic corset has a lot of varieties depending on the destination. Their functionality depends on the degree of rigidity, on the spine department, which requires discharge, and also for the intended purpose - curative or not.
Orthopedic corset for functional purpose can be corrective or fixative.
The latter helps to keep the affected vertebral column in a stationary state, constantly correcting the deformation and at the same time performing a supporting role.
Fixation of the lumbar region, for example, grasping the entire pelvis and the lower chest, performs the corset semi-rigid lumbosacral..
The price, type and size are selected from the assortment, which is now quite rich. Fixation of the thoracic region is obtained when wearing a fixation-reclining corset, and for the cervical department a special corset-vest with a head-holder is used..
For rectification of the curved spine, a corrective appearance is used, such devices are intended simultaneously for correction, support, and unloading. For this purpose, the corset is also a semi-rigid lumbosacral.
The price varies depending on the manufacturer and materials from three thousand rubles. It will perfectly fit to remove stoop, to form a correct posture. In the same way corsets can be classified according to the degree of rigidity.
They are completely rigid and half. Ribs in them are made of metal or plastic.
A rigid medical corset is shown during the first rehabilitation period after surgery or trauma, because it is required to substitute the basic capabilities of the patient site, to protect the vertebrae from displacement and reduce the rehabilitation period.
For the lumbosacral department, experts recommend a semi-rigid corset, if it is necessary to withstand the special physical strain.
For example, if you need a long time to drive a car or perform sports exercises. Such a corset helps to get rid of the pain caused by osteochondrosis, hernia in the intervertebral discs or radiculitis.
Corsets lumbosacral semi-rigid fixation perform the following tasks:
- Fix the lumbosacral section from the outside.
- Protect your muscles from unnecessary stress.
- Relieve the unnecessary burden of the affected area of the spine.
- Make an easy massage and warm your lower back.
Orthopedic corsets are classified according to the departments of the spinal column: they can be lumbar, lumbosacral and thoracolumbar.
The latter should cover the entire thorax completely and the lower back, they can be either rigid or semi-rigid.
They are used in rehabilitation immediately after surgery and trauma, for the prevention of scoliosis, osteoporosis, osteochondrosis and osteochondropathy..
The lumbosacral corset covers the pelvis, since it has a low posterior wall. They can also be either semi-rigid or completely rigid..
Such corsets are purely therapeutic, are intended for post-traumatic rehabilitation, help with conservative therapy in the treatment of intervertebral hernia, myositis, radiculitis. Sometimes they are used for prevention if active sports are to be held.
The lumbar corset entirely covers the lower back, most of the pelvis and chest, but it is much shorter than the above.
For pregnant women and children
A separate description requires corsets that are used during pregnancy, as well as corsets that are made for children.
For women, there are corsets-bandages, which reduce the load on the lumbar spine and relieve the pain in the back, and in the second and third trimesters support the stomach.
This prevents too much stretching of the muscles and skin of the abdomen, various complications in multiple pregnancies, as well as polyhydramnios.
In addition, such a corset is a good tool in the fight against diseases of the lower back that arose before pregnancy, to that he prevents hypertension of the uterus, significant help has to reduce the period of recovery of muscle tone after childbirth. With diseases of the spine, corset lumbosacral, semi-rigid, feminine is usually recommended.
Corsets for children are designed to correct posture, with consequences after injuries and surgeries.
They normalize all the work of the muscles supporting the spine, help to restore the working ability of the musculoskeletal system more quickly.
Corsets for normalization of posture with rigid inserts are not equipped, and therefore posture is not fixed, but affect muscle memory and thus teach the muscles of the back to hold the spine on its own in the right position.
Indications for use
To use an orthopedic corset is advised only by a doctor and only after carrying out an in-depth examination, establishing a diagnosis. Usually it is a means of complex therapy.
To wear an orthopedic corset is useful, as it is a convenient passive method for treating numerous diseases of the spine and the entire musculoskeletal system.
Each model has its own rules of wearing, duration of use and ways of putting on and off..
There are corsets, which are worn especially for underwear, and there are also those intended for wearing on bare skin. Products that will limit movement, you need to put on, with full control of the optimal tightening and the correct location of the inserts..
In this corset and get up you need very carefully, slowly and carefully.
In any case, you need to remember that the orthopedic corset is not the main thing, but additional treatment, auxiliary, thanks to which the organism copes with pathologies more easily, but the reason they are eliminated not in forces.
How to choose?
Orthopedic corsets can be worn strictly by prescription, especially rigid ones.
Patients usually approach the issue of choice responsibly, because the inaccurate size or type is quite can exacerbate the diagnosis and multiply the problems of the musculoskeletal system, significantly harming health.
When choosing the most important, the effectiveness of the impact, and therefore the main thing - remember the three parameters of the selection of such products: type, degree of rigidity and size.
The type and size are selected by the doctor himself, carefully studying the medical history, X-rays and conducting a detailed examination of his patient.
Here, anatomical features of it are taken into account, not only parameters - the girth of the waist and waist. Although with these measurements, and need to start.
Measurements are made without clothes and just before purchase, even if a week has passed after the measurements, they must be repeated.
The rigidity of the corset depends entirely on the problem that exists with the vertebral column. Self-determination and own conjectures in this case need to be deleted.
If the doctor, for example, prescribed an appointment, indicating the necessary parameters, on the corset lumbar hard, then in no case can not skimp on the prescription and acquire a corset lumbosacral semi-rigid.
Reviews about the corsets are positive. They help pregnant women during walks, during cleaning and other homework, when they have to spend a lot of time on their feet.
The last few weeks of pregnancy corset lumbosacral semi-rigid, Orlett, for example, literally saves women from unbearable back pain.
They note that, of course, it is somewhat expensive, but it was not necessary to regret it.
Patients with spine pathology corset helps to fix the posture, although at first it seems extremely uncomfortable and it is hard to carry, since the shoulders are pulled back.
However, doctors say that you need to get used to the corset gradually, day by day increasing the wearing time.
Reviews note that after a few weeks of its use, effectiveness is noticeable: the back becomes evener even in the absence of a corset.
Orthopedic belt or corset
Corset lumbosacral semi-rigid with pelota is included in the same group of bandage-corset line. It is necessary to maintain or strengthen a certain group of muscle tissue, bones or ligaments.
It is also used for fixing and for warming up the desired area. There is also a massage effect, and the prevention of stretching of ligaments and muscles with the necessary physical exertion.
It is the orthopedic belts (corsets) that do not allow the vertebrae to shift.
They are equipped with metal or plastic ribs that maximally approximate the shape of the corset to the anatomical features of the human body..
Designed to reduce chronic and acute pain after trauma or surgery in the lumbar spine..
Silicone pelot is provided for stronger support and increased comfort when wearing a corset.
A source: https://www.syl.ru/article/293375/polujestkiy-poyasnichno-kresttsovyiy-korset-vidyi-instruktsii-otzyivyi-ortopedicheskiy-korset
Movement is life. But with abnormal movements, when lifting weights, staying in uncomfortable positions for a long time, our lumbar vertebrae experience tremendous overloads. And our spine is not adapted to walking on 2 legs.
If we moved on all fours like animals, we would not suffer from back pain. And although the most powerful vertebrae in the lumbar region, this does not save him, alas, the intervertebral discs are destroyed.
And there is a sharp pain when any movement causes unbearable suffering. Our ancestors unloaded the waist with the help of wide belts. Remember the sashes of Russian coachmen, belts of Zaporozhye Cossacks or Japanese kimonos.
At present, lumbar antiradical corsets are used to effectively unload and protect the spine.
When you need lumbar corsets?
Indications:• Pain in the lower back with osteochondrosis, disc hernia, osteoporosis; • Violation of muscle tone in the lumbar region; • Dysfunction of the sacroiliac joint (sacroiliitis); • Condition after prompt removal of herniated disc; • Consequences of trauma the spine; • Prevention of exacerbations in domestic, sports and professional workloads, when lifting weights at work, at home, at garden.
The principle of lumbar corsets:
• Significantly reduce the burden on the lumbar spine; • Maintain the muscles of the back, eliminate muscle spasm; • Provide the necessary Orthopedic regimen, keeping the permissible volume of movements; • Relieve pain in the lower back; • Provide massage effect with the help of special insertion.
What do we want from the lumbar corset?
• To quickly take off the pain; • To be inexpensive and effective; • To warm up; • To protect against exacerbations; • To be cute, light, invisible under clothing; • To easily put on, removed and erased; • That the body under it does not sweat; Etc. Someone needs a budget option, and someone from genuine leather or "with rhinestones ".
Which lumbar corset is considered orthopedic?
Knitted elastic belts or products made of dog hair or fur of any animal are not orthopedic products. They have a warming effect and are suitable for permanent wearing.
In this orthopedic lumbar corset, there must be metal plates or stiffeners, which bend according to the shape of the body and ensure a close fit to the body. Corsets are dressed in a prone position, fixed on the stomach by elastic bands with Velcro.
The degree of fixation of the spine is regulated by additional screeds.
How do lumbar corsets differ?
Lumbar corsets full fixation are used for compression fractures and after operations on the lumbar spine. They almost completely exclude movement in the damaged department, shorten the recovery period.
Rigid plastic corsets are used instead of heavy gypsum corsets in the treatment of spinal injuries. Lumbar corsets of a strong degree of fixation are used in an acute period to stop the pain syndrome, when it is necessary to limit the mobility of the problem department of the spine..
The main thing in this corset is the powerful, as a rule, metal inserts in the back area. Most often they are already bent by the factory way on the bends of the waist and sacrum. And can be moderately elastic, in this case they will "sit down" on a figure..
Lumbar corsets of an average degree of fixation are used for moderate pain in the lower back, for healing after injuries and operations at a late stage of rehabilitation, to protect the waist when performing physical works.
Unlike the previous one, in this corset more flexible stiffeners and movements in the lumbosacral section are possible in a larger volume.
Corsets of a soft degree of fixation are recommended for mild pain syndromes or for the prevention of back pain to anyone who, by the nature of their activity, is experiencing a load on the lumbar spine. During the period of remission, the corset belts are used for preventive purposes.
The warming corset is made of neoprene. This material does not pass air, conserves its own body heat, supports and warms the waist. Recommended for those who work in the cold and drafts and wants to get rid of back pain.
The height of lumbar corsets are from 18 to 31 cm. High anti-radiculitis belts fix not only the lumbar but also the sacral spine. Number of ribs in the lumbar corsets from 4 to 8 depending on the size. Other nuances: Braces are convenient for drivers.
The man sat in his car, unbuttoned the corset, he keeps it on his shoulders, does not fall off. Female and male models are made taking into account the features of the structure of the body. Massage cushion relieves muscle tension. In the case of osteoporosis, a special orthosis is used to prevent compression fractures of the spine.
How to choose an orthopedic lumbosacral corset?
With severe pain, it is important to ensure maximum fixation. When the pain syndrome subsides, the degree of fixation gradually decreases.
In practice, corsets of strong and medium degree of fixation are most often used..
Convenient lumbar corsets with detachable fixation elements or with air compression, which allow to provide a three-stage recovery of lumbar function..
Selection of lumbar corset in size.
To select the size, you must measure the waist circumference at the navel level. Size (S, M, L, XL, XXL or No. 2, No. 3, No. 4, etc.).
) depends on the received figure, it is indicated on the product package.
How much to wear a corset? Corset strong fixation - how much will appoint a doctor.
In some cases, the duration can reach 12 hours per day.
The corset of the middle fixation for pain is 6-8 hours a day for 2-3 weeks or the entire acute period. With preventive purpose, the product is worn only for the period of physical exertion.
My advice!Before buying a lumbar corset must try on!
Often in the presence of "beer belly" men find it difficult to choose a lumbar corset. In this case, it is better to buy a leather belt for weightlifters in sports stores. I hope that after our education program, you will not have any difficulties when choosing a lumbar corset. In a diverse choice, you are sure to find your effective and safe belt, which will help to calm the pain, in a minimum time to restore work capacity. I wish you a speedy recovery and the return of the joy of movement!
A source: http://zhivi-bez-boli.ru/pojasnichnye-korsety