What if the productive cough has passed into a painful dry?
dry cough it may very well be an allergic reaction to honey. to me all pediatricians in one voice speak, when the child is ill do not give him honey, it is very strong allergen and he can cause bronchospasm and give a dry cough, even if the child does not have allergies to honey in a healthy state. and we are used to painfully stuff children with honey. As for the help, it all depends on the nature of the cough, if it really is an allergy, then inhalation with the ventalin or euphilin, if the cause of an irritated throat is helped by special syrups and candies, for example, caffia.
Seek medical advice. Any medical treatment can do more harm
Children should not be given an expectorant. This only complicates the situation. Cough because in 90% of cases it occurs because of the mucus that drains into the throat from the nose.
Dry cough may be with pertussis or paracottus.. . Maybe in the bronchi got the husks from the seeds.. . Yes, a lot of options.
If the lungs are clean, the runny nose and SARS are over, you will have to go to the doctor.
vanilla, tender here
A painful dry cough can end for a child fatal
Stenosis of the larynx-stopping of breathing-death
to the doctor
Than to treat a dry cough
To correctly determine what to treat a dry cough, you need, first of all, to identify the reasons that contributed to its occurrence. Coughing is a loud exhalation, however, not everything would be so painful if it did not arise arbitrarily and had no jerky nature. Also, the cough can manifest itself reflexively.
The process of coughing itself is a process of cleansing the airways, which have the property of being irritated by certain causes: mucus, pus, sputum, blood or foreign bodies. Because of the ingress of such substances into the respiratory tract, the cough receptors located on the mucous membrane of the larynx, trachea and bronchi are irritated, which leads to a response of the body. However, airway contamination is not the only cause leading to coughing. It can occur with irritation of the pleura sheets - the membrane covering the wall of the chest cavity and the lungs (in this case, not always inflammation in the respiratory tract).
When we cough, the muscles that are involved in the process of breathing (diaphragm, abdominal and intercostal press) begin to drop sharply. This leads to an increase in intrathoracic pressure and the lungs are squeezed. The air from the lungs passes into the bronchial tree. The speed of air flow in different parts of the track is not the same and is from 0.5 to 120 m / s. It is this sudden movement of air that can clear bronchi from foreign matter.
Types of coughCough is traditionally divided into two types: dry and wet. Unlike wet cough, when dry, there is no excretion of sputum from the lungs and no expectoration.Dry cough greatly irritates the respiratory tract, and therefore more painful.Transition of the body to a wet cough means that the poisonous substances still begin to come out, for example, with colds very often there is a transition from one species to another.
About the infection in the body can be judged by the nature of sputum. In the case of a change in its watery structure to purulent, we can say about the addition of a bacterial infection. If a lot of sputum is coughing up with a wet cough, then this indicates the already completed stages of some diseases: chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, tracheitis. A long-term dry cough that does not become wet can be a sign of pharyngitis, the initial stages of pneumonia or tuberculosis, lung cancer, chronic sinusitis, and so on.
If there are spotting in the sputum, pay special attention to them. Occurrence of single cases indicates a burst blood vessel. If the blood appears steadily, consult a doctor immediately. Such sputum is a sign of tuberculosis, heart failure or even lung cancer.
Doctors divide cough into chronic, prolonged and acute. The duration of an acute cough does not exceed 3 weeks. This kind is typical for diseases of acute respiratory infections, acute bronchitis, pharyngitis and pneumonia. Acute cough accompanies pathology and is, more often than not, protective. Prolonged cough can last up to 3 months. It is not as frequent as its acute form, but it is dangerous because the defeat of the respiratory tract can become chronic.The most unpleasant cough is chronic. In terms of duration, it is in the first place, that is, it has existed for more than 3 months. Usually does not have strong manifestations, but is a symptom of serious illnesses: bronchial asthma, heart failure, tuberculosis, chronic bronchitis, tumors of the respiratory system. If you do not take the chronic form into account, you run the risk of causing great harm to your health, because over time, the function of a cough from a protective one changes to a pathological one. It leads to serious violations of the respiratory system (emphysema, cardiac dysfunction, and so on).
When the first coughs appear, you must immediately determine their cause and begin to be treated. Waiting for a cough to leave the body on its own is dangerous, due to the possibility of transition to chronic forms. Determine an approximate reason can be by tracking the time of the appearance of a cough. For example, it manifests itself throughout the day, which signals acute infections of the respiratory tract (pharyngitis, bronchitis). If coughing manifests itself especially in the morning, it can be assumed that you are ill with chronic bronchitis or there is an abscess of the lung. For a patient with heart failure, lung cancer or tuberculosis, a predominantly nocturnal cough will be characteristic.
In any case, self-diagnosis and self-treatment should not be done categorically - entrust treatment to a professional.
He will identify the causes of poor health and prescribe drugs with a dry cough that will fight the disease effectively.
Causes of dry cough without inflammationIn addition to the inflammatory processes known to all, a number of other causes affect the appearance of cough, for example:
- Allergic. Recently, cases of various allergic reactions, especially of children, have become more frequent. Most of the babies suffer from food or other forms of allergy. Pollinosis is a seasonal allergic reaction to plant pollen that occurs in spring and summer. Among the symptoms there is an allergic cough, as well as tearing, itching, sneezing.
- Bronchial asthma. With such a disease, there is a chronic extremely severe dry cough and attacks of suffocation. This disorder is associated with reduced immunity, weakened by the nervous system and allergy, and not only with bronchial disease, as is commonly believed.
- Toxic substances in everyday life. Household chemicals, high levels of air pollution from exhaust gases, chemical emissions lead to an allergic dry cough, by irritating the mucous membranes.
- Parasites. When the organism is infected with ascarids, cases are recorded when, during migration, they enter the lungs, trachea and bronchi, triggering a superficial dry cough.
- Professional. This reason is associated with labor in harmful production, when the body, poisoned with chemicals, reacts with a cough.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Problems with the gastrointestinal tract sometimes cause a reflex cough without concomitant temperature increase.
- Reception of medicines. Treatment with some drugs as a side effect is accompanied by a cough. Usually this applies to cardiovascular diseases and manifests itself in 20% of patients during the administration of medications.
- Heart failure and cardiovascular diseases.
Why is it necessary to treat a cough?On the one hand, we already know that with the help of cough, the body is protected from pathological substances and particles falling into the respiratory tract. When we observe phlegm, it is logical to conclude that it can quite expectorate without the use of drugs. The process of getting rid of phlegm without treatment will be long enough because of the viscous structure of the substance. In addition, part of the sputum can settle in the bronchi and cause various inflammation and damage. For these reasons, it is still necessary to take effective medications for sputum liquefaction. Then the body will be much easier to get rid of the harmful substance.
In case of an allergic cough, you should consult an allergist doctor who will prescribe the necessary tests and identify the specific cause of the disease. When a severe allergic reaction is manifested, the risk of anaphylactic shock is high enough, so you should not pull a specialist.
From a strong dry cough, the airways suffer much more, because the mucous membrane becomes inflamed and irritates the cough receptors. Thermal, mechanical and chemical effects can also cause irritation of the mucosa. Everyone has had cases when a cough does not relieve the condition, but only hurts. The sputum is not formed, accordingly there is no expectorant process, hence the lack of improvements. Dry cough is dangerous risk of complications: pneumothorax, pneumomediastinum (ingress of air into the mediastinum and pleural cavity). In the future, these processes can trigger the appearance of subcutaneous emphysema. Therefore, dry cough should be cured, and in cases of its recurrence, immediately suppress.
What is the cure for dry cough?
Before choosing a cough medicine, it is recommended that you consult a doctor who prescribes the best remedy. He will tell you which drugs will provide effective impact on the disease and will give you advice on the prevention of various respiratory diseases.
Depending on the cause of dry cough, you need to focus on its treatment. If the cause of the disease are: ARVI, pneumonia, bronchitis or tracheitis, then in the early days you will be prescribed drugs against coughing. These include: Herbion, Bronholitin, Codeine, Oxeladin, Glaucin and others.
- When the attack begins, a good remedy for dry cough is ordinary mint candies. Dr. Mom or Strepsils will cope with this task.
- When the bacterial infection is added to the treatment, antibiotics are also involved.
- When sputum begins to form, antitussive drugs are canceled and expectorants are prescribed, for example, ATSTS.
- To speed up the transition to wet cough, you need to drink plenty of fluids: tea with raspberries, milk with honey or medicinal mineral waters, such as Borjomi.
- If there is reddening of the throat and throat swelling, the sprays will help relieve pain and swelling (Geksoral, Tantum Verde).
Drugs from dry cough are often combined with other medicines if it is necessary to treat concomitant diseases.
- To remove swelling and inflammation of the respiratory tract, the doctor prescribes antihistamines (loratadine).
- Spasms in the bronchi - an occasion for the appointment of inhalations of salbutamol.
To treat accompanying diseases independently, not knowing the combination of drugs and dosages, is absolutely impossible. The mismatch of drugs can turn into a variety of side effects for you, which can be much worse than a cough.
Folk remedies are capable of beneficially influencing different functions of the body, and in questions of dry cough do not stay on the sidelines. Here are the most delicious and useful.
- Treatment with hot milk is very popular. Abundant consumption of milk or cream can affect the production of mucus in the throat, which will accelerate the expectorant process. You can add honey or mineral water to the milk. In case of intolerance of such products, tea with butter is suitable.
- Radish with honey. At the top of the fruit of a black radish, cut out a small hole, put a couple of tablespoons of honey. After 3-4 hours you can take the remedy on a teaspoon 4-5 times a day before meals and before you go to bed.
- Lemon and honey. 2 tablespoons of glycerin mixed with the juice of one lemon. Mix the mixture well and add honey. Before each use, you need to shake the syrup. If the cough is not strong, then take a teaspoon several times a day. With a strong cough, the number of receptions is adjusted to 6, and as we decrease, we reduce.
- Mustard mixed with flour and sunflower oil (1 tbsp. l.). We put the cake in polyethylene and apply it to the back or chest, avoiding the heart area. This remedy perfectly warms up and promotes recovery.
Whatever effective folk remedies, consult about such treatment with a doctor. Only he can correctly assess the picture of your disease and cure a dry cough.
Wet cough in the baby
Healthy and happy babies are what every mother dreams about. The smaller the baby, the more difficult it is to tolerate various diseases due to the ultimately nervous, muscular, immune systems of the body that have not yet formed. Viruses, bacterial pathogens, allergens, infections can become a source of disease. The wisdom of the mother of nature is so great that the organism, by various symptoms, hints at the doctors and parents about the causes of the malfunctions. What is the evidence of a wet cough in a child and how dangerous is it?
Causes of wet cough in a child
Coughing is an exhaled breath through the mouth caused by irritating respiratory tract receptors. The resulting physiological processes - reduction of the laryngeal muscular tissue, increased muscle tone of the bronchial system, tension of the abdominal muscles - are reflex. The cough reflex is unconditional, it acts as a protective function of the body, which allows to remove foreign bodies, other annoying objects.
The presence of a wet cough in a child in most cases is not dangerous, threatening life and health in general, a symptom. Doctors call this kind of expectoration mucus productive: muscles of the bronchial tree contract, getting rid of interfering foreign bodies - sputum, dust particles, allergens. Pulmonologists, pediatricians insist - neither wet, nor dry cough is not treated! It is necessary to identify the cause of the occurrence and act on it.
So, the reasons for the productive excretion of sputum in a child are:
- Catarrhal, viral and other diseases.
- A variety of respiratory tract infections.
- Bacterial complications.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Chronic diseases.
- Runny nose or snot.
- Physiological causes (often found in infants, when milk enters the respiratory tract).
- Teething. From the age of 8 months most babies have their first teeth. Abundant salivation, inflammation of mucous membranes become "provocateurs."
In which cases the appearance of a wet cough in a child should trigger an emergency response of the parents, the presence and supervision of a physician:
- Age of the child (1 year). Danger of wet coughing in the baby due to underdevelopment of the body's systems and the inability to effectively cough. While the baby does not know how to sit down, sputum accumulates in the bronchi. A wet gurgling cough can cause vomiting, cause breathing problems.
- The temperature is higher than 38 for three or more days.
- Sudden, prolonged seizures in the child.
- The presence of shortness of breath with frequency:
- more than 60 breaths - in nursing crumbs up to 3 months;
- more than 50 breaths per minute - a one-year-old child;
- from 40 and above breaths at the child at the age of 2 years and is more senior.
- The presence of wheezing, wheezing, barking may indicate lung inflammation that occurs without temperature or be a bacteriological complication of an untreated viral infection.
- When the child's plentiful sputum is greenish; impurity of blood; reddish color.
- Persistent wet cough in children 3 years and older, accompanied by a decrease / loss of appetite; lethargy; sleepiness.
Folk remedies for cough and phlegm
When treating with a variety of methods should be guided by the age of the child and the nature of the course of the disease. The absence of fever, appetite, accompanied by a wet cough after a previous illness, should not cause acute anxiety of parents. Particular attention, cares require kids to a year. When you have a cough in a baby, you must always call a doctor at home! Strong seizures, up to and including vomiting, can be provoked:
- Pertussis stick. This is one of the few cases when a cough occurs after taking medications that slow the cough center in the brain. Self-medication is strictly prohibited, and for the diagnosis by laboratory tests it is necessary to confirm the presence of pertussis in the child's body.
- Stenosis of the larynx (laryngotracheitis). Urgently call in this case an ambulance: you with a baby need hospitalization! While you are waiting for a doctor, dial hot water into the bathroom, after closing the door. Keep the baby in a damp warm microclimate, trying to soothe as much as possible.
The remaining cases of wet coughing in infants before the year, as well as in more adult children and adolescents, are excellent for treatment with help physiotherapy - inhalation, chest massage; respiratory gymnastics; mild physical exertion; stay in the fresh air. Let's consider in detail how quickly to get rid of a wet cough.
A great way to "translate" a cough from dry to wet, working on the upper respiratory tract with warm air, essential oils, saturated soda, salt, iodine are inhalations. Remember from childhood the way to treat a cold "breathe over boiled potatoes"? So, our grandmothers and mothers were right: warm air, warming the trachea and nasopharynx, dilutes the mucus, improving the motor function of the ciliated epithelium. This method is ideal for those who get sputum in the throat and upper tracts.
Modern medicine for the convenience of children and parents suggests using special inhalers:
- Cheaper and simpler versions are presented by a tub and a tube with nozzles.
- The nebulizer is a medical device for use at home. By inhaling the liquids turned into an aerosol state (drugs, soda water, etc.), the viscous sputum is perfectly diluted in the child.
Efficiently performed at home by parents or a specialist chest massage, helping to get rid of the child from a wet cough. Light tapping movements; wide sweeping strokes with pressure on the chest, performed from the top down; kneading and tingling will increase the flow of blood to the bronchi and lungs, stimulating liquefaction of mucus and excretion of sputum.
Other effective remedies
Herbal decoctions, tinctures of berries have long been known as effective means of getting rid of a child from coughing. To dry cough turned into wet, brew for 5 liters of water 4 tablespoons. thoracic collection. Tincture of dog rose (100 g of dry berries per liter of water) will raise the tone, saturating the body with vitamin C; decoction of linden will strengthen expectorant component, diluting sputum; chamomile tea, being a natural antiseptic, will help to get rid of bacteria and viruses faster.
Good for the child in the treatment of wet cough breathing exercises. Promotes relaxation of the cough center, reduces the frequency of urge, promotes the normalization of the ciliary epithelium of the respiratory system. To improve the activity of the lungs, "pumping" larger volumes of air, buy baby inflatable balls. By combining the game with breathing procedures when inflating the latter, you will help the baby.
The list of expectorants for "receiving" a productive cough in a child is divided into two groups:
- Medicines that dilute sputum.
- Drugs that improve the excretion of sputum from the bronchi, lungs.
The form of the drug - tablets, medicine or syrup - depends on the age of the child. All medicines are divided into natural and synthetic. The merits of the first should include a minimum of chemical additives, which weakened by the disease the body of the child will receive when ingestion. The downside is the unpredictable response of the body to natural components: an allergy sometimes leads to increased wet cough and bouts.
Mummies of small children, thinking that giving a child, you should pay attention to chemical dyes and additives that improve the taste of syrups: they can cause allergies, becoming the cause of increased cough reflex. The pharmaceutical contains syrups:
- Reflex action on the respiratory system:
- Pectolvan ivy;
- Stoppussin Fito syrup;
- Bronchikum and others.
- Resorptive actions that improve the secretion of mucus:
Dry medicine for children is a combination medicine, facilitates a wet cough, normalizes the activity of the cilia of the bronchial epithelium. Refers to natural phytopreparations, is shown to children from infancy. It is taken orally in liquid form: the powder is diluted with boiled water in the proportions indicated on the liner. Excess dosage is not allowed!
The tablet form of medications is more suitable for children of middle age and older. Tablets contain fewer dyes, and the effects on wet cough rates are just as effective for a child as syrups and potions. A small list of expectorants:
- Pills for cough;
- Eucabal and others.
How to treat a wet cough without temperature according to Komarovsky
Children's cough often occurs due to viral / bacterial damage to the body (ARVI, bronchitis, laryngitis, snot, etc.) or due to the violation of the optimal conditions for the existence of an individual child (dust, mold, over-dried air, etc.). Methods and means for treating wet cough depend on the causes of the disease, the age of the child and the course of the disease. How to cure phlegm in a child?
Gather and calm down, and then take a series of measures aimed at:
- relief of the coughing process, which helps dilute thick, viscous mucus;
- creating humidity in the room up to 60-70%;
- ensuring the absence of allergens, even if the child is not allergic;
- stopping the use of medicines when a wet productive cough appears;
- categorical prohibition of taking antitussive drugs (except for pertussis, croup) with a damp cough.
What to do if the sputum does not go away
If the child's wet cough has gone to dry, you need to understand the reasons:
- Taking antitussive drugs disables natural reflexes of airway cleansing. Adopted by themselves, not for the intended purpose, they can translate the wet productive cough of the child into barking dry. The solution will be the rejection of medicines, copious drinking, the reception of mucolytic drugs.
- Reception of antibiotics in ARVI, mutually exclusive reception of individual drugs may cause the formation of a dry cough, although at the initial stage the child was wet.
- After a brief improvement after a cold, turning a wet cough into a dry testifies on lowering the infection in the lower respiratory tract or on attaching bacterial damage to the body. In this case, an immediate visit to the doctor is required!
Video: Dr. Komarovsky on a damp child cough
Wet coughing in a child is not always an indicator of the presence of a disease. It is considered a normal physiological process, if during the day your baby clears up to 10-15 times. So local immunity reacts to interaction with viruses, dust, bacteria. Coughing in the morning in children indicates the drying of the nasopharynx during sleep, and the airways tend to get rid of the slime that has accumulated during the night. How to behave to parents, if the child has a wet cough, find out by watching our video:
How to treat a severe cough in a child?All parents love when their children are cheerful, cheerful and healthy, but what to do if a child gets sick and is persecuted by a violent cough? First you need to understand why this is happening and, accordingly, choose the right therapy, because every disease - their own treatment.
How to treat a severe dry cough in a child?
The treatment involves the transfer of a cough from dry to wet, so that sputum begins to flow away. This can be achieved with the help of alkaline inhalations (a solution of soda, mineral water "Borjomi", "Essentuki"), as well as a number of drugs that dilute the mucus:
- Stopusin Fito;
- Kodelak Fito.
How to treat a strong wet cough in a child?
If the dry cough has passed into the wet stage, you can take mucolytics (expectorants). On the appointment of a doctor and in the absence of temperature, a specialist appoints warming procedures, such as electrophoresis, inhalations, mustard, massage helps very well. Such drugs are used:
- Pektolvan S.
When a child has a strong expectorant cough, the choice to treat it is still with the doctor. Self-medication can be dangerous, especially in children under the age of two, because of the overabundance of mucus, there are big problems with breathing. In addition to medicinal therapy, in babies sputum departs better with a mild rubbing of the back and chest massaging gentle movements. If the child is older, then the output of sputum may be facilitated by mobile games, but if there is no temperature.
How to treat a strong barking cough in a child?
With laryngospasm, when there is a barking (mainly at night) cough, should be inhaled with mineral water, take antihistamines preparations, antipyretic, distracting procedures, expectorants, and it is also necessary to often offer the child a warm drink.It is important to ensure the influx of fresh moist air to stop the attack. In serious cases, a prednisolone or dexamethasone injection is required.
Than to cure a strong cough in a child at night?
At night, the cough is different. This may be an allergic reaction, a viral disease, whooping cough or bronchial asthma. It is necessary to do a wet cleaning in the room, spend airing before going to bed, give plenty to drink to the baby during the day.
If the baby is coughing at night, it is better not to treat it yourself, as this will worsen the condition. In this case, you should see a doctor for an appointment survey.
Why does not a dry cough go away? Causes of dry cough in children and adults
Coughing is a reflex, just like breathing itself. And his appearance indicates that there was some kind of pathogen - allergic, infectious, viral, that is, the cause of dry cough, serious or not very, which causes irritation in the respiratory tract and causes the body to clear them from the - allergen, infection, virus or foreign body.
Cough itself is not a disease, it is a symptom of over 50 different diseases or allergic manifestations, from common cold to tuberculosis, oncology, bronchial asthma or heart disease. Most often, a dry cough lasts for several days, moving into productive, moist with sputum, but can sometimes be prolonged. The duration of dry cough is divided into:
- Acute - which after a few days passes into the wet or passes
- Prolonged - which lasts from 3 weeks to 3 months
- Chronic - which lasts more than 3 months.
Let's see why the dry cough does not last a long time, which diseases are the cause of dry cough.
The main causes of dry cough associated with the respiratory system
The most common causes of dry cough are inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract, which are caused by viruses and pathogenic bacteria.
In this case, a strong organism with a strong immune system cope on its own, and if the immune response to the virus or infection is weakened, then antibiotics or antiviral drugs come for help with ARVI and influenza.
When parainfluenza and the flu should always consult a doctor, as these are very insidious diseases, which recently become very aggressive, leading to a mass of complications. How to distinguish the flu from ARVI read in our article.
If during the acute respiratory viral infection, flu or other infectious disease, a dry cough does not last for a long time, it can be caused by:
- firstly because the immune system in a person is significantly weakened
- secondly, that there are provoking factors that affect the duration of dry cough, they include: smoking and drinking alcohol, very dry air in the room and taking inadequate amounts of fluid for a cold or viral illness.
- thirdly, the attachment of a secondary infection or complication after a viral disease, when bacterial bronchitis, pneumonia, tracheitis, pharyngitis develops, etc.
Diseases of the pleura and lungs can also be accompanied by a dry, painful cough - pneumonia, pleurisy. Most often there is a high fever, shortness of breath, chest pain.
Atypical forms of pneumonia
It should also be borne in mind that a prolonged cough can be a consequence of mycoplasma and chlamydia, these pathogens can cause atypical pneumonia, bronchitis, which can occur for a long time, periodically recur. To differentiate the pathogen that caused pneumonia or bronchitis, you can take a blood test using ELISA.
Pertussis, measles, false croup
Pertussis can cause dry cough in children, and in adults. Pertussis is considered to be a childhood infectious disease, although vaccinations have reduced cases of whooping cough in children, however, they occur, in addition, weakened adults also occasionally have cases of whooping cough. With this disease, a convulsive cough is so severe that it often leads to vomiting. In this case, you should take antitussive remedies for dry cough, such as Sinekod, Libeksin, Bronholitin, and others.
In addition to pertussis, among childhood diseases characterized by a strong dry cough, measles and false groats can be identified. Measles, other than cough, is also characterized by rashes on the skin and mucous membranes (see Fig. symptoms of measles in children). With false croup, the vocal cords, larynx, trachea and bronchi are involved in the inflammation process, so it is characterized by a barking cough. This disease is more likely to affect children under 3 years old.
Tuberculosis is a formidable disease that has also been epidemic in recent years, not only among people of low social level, as it is commonly believed, but also among the wealthy strata of the population, with the development of favorable factors for its progression. Constant nervous tension, stressful situations, lack of adequate nutrition and good rest, passion for various depleting diets, can lead to the development of tuberculosis even among businessmen and people of high social status.
By 20-30 years it is believed that each person is infected with a stick of Koch, but a strong immune system copes with it. It is only necessary to weaken the body and mycobacterium tuberculosis can become more active and cause pulmonary tuberculosis and extrapulmonary forms.
As for the dry cough, it can be caused by tuberculosis of the lungs, bronchi or trachea, larynx. It begins with a dry, unproductive cough, obtrusive coughing, weakness, while the temperature body is rarely more than 37.3-35.5 more often it rises to low-grade figures and only in the evening.
Tuberculosis can be the cause of dry cough in adults, as well as in children, which is especially dangerous, as tuberculosis today is not the tuberculosis that was 40 years ago. Now a large number of drug-resistant forms of this terrible disease are registered, which require a longer and expensive treatment, and in combination with other chronic diseases in the patient or HIV infection lead to death.
Laryngitis, pharyngitis, tracheitis
are also frequent causes of dry cough. With pharyngitis, the mucous pharynx is involved in the inflammatory process, and with laryngitis, the mucous larynx is involved. Both these diseases are both acute and chronic, cough while it is dry, barking, exhausting, intensifying at night. With frequent inhalation of dusty air, dry, cold, and also in the presence of irritating gases and vapors in the air, tracheitis can develop - both acute and chronic. There is also a painful dry cough.
Diseases of ENT organs
Against the backdrop of various diseases of the nasopharynx, such as sinusitis, sinusitis, or chronic rhinitis, allergic rhinitis, the appearance of night dry cough is due to the syndrome of postnasal swelling. When these diseases acquire a chronic course, not infrequently, the mucus that is separated from the nasal sinuses begins to flow down the back wall of the pharynx, it irritates the cough receptors in the tracheobronchial tree. This cough may seem productive and moist, since nasal mucus is released during cough, but this cough should be considered dry.
Oncological diseases of respiratory organs
Cancer of the bronchi, lungs, trachea, throat cancer, and mediastinal organs (organs located between the sternum and the spine - the heart, bronchi, aorta, etc.). If a long time does not pass a dry cough, he worries both day and night, should see a doctor as soon as possible, to pass the analysis of a blood, a roentgen of lungs, under indications probably MRT of organs of a mediastinum, a bronchoscopy, analyzes on onkomkker. With any chronic cough, it is necessary to find out the exact cause of its appearance, for today the oncological tension is getting stronger, the cancer appears even in young people, and everyone knows that the timely detection of cancer increases the chances of recovery or a significant prolongation of life.
Only on the basis of examination, the doctor can not establish the cause of a protracted cough - this is not possible, so you need to pass the tests and go through several examinations according to the indications - blood test, sputum, spirometry, x-ray, bronchoscopy, bodipletizmography, tussography, MRI, CT.
Causes of dry cough, not associated with inflammatory processes of the respiratory system
In recent decades, the number of people suffering from various allergic reactions has increased significantly among the Russian population, especially in children. Almost all children today have any allergic reactions, if not food allergy, so allergy to dust, wool, pollen, ticks, etc. Pollinosis - a seasonal allergy to the pollen of flowering plants, which appears in spring and summer, has a very large number of people, it is manifested by sneezing, runny nose, tearing, itching mucous and dry allergic cough.
a very common disease, characterized by a chronic, painful dry cough and attacks of suffocation. This disease can not be considered only a disease of the bronchi, it is a serious pathology, which is associated with a general violation of immunity, nervous system and allergy.
The impact of toxic substances in everyday life
household chemicals containing chlorine, washing powders, etc., the presence of cities in the air, megacities of the abundance of exhaust gases, leads to the emergence of an allergic dry cough. Also pay attention to when you started a dry cough, it may be somehow connected with the purchase of new furniture, new repairs, purchase of household appliances. Modern industry, especially the production of plastic, furniture, building materials, even children's toys, often uses an abundance of toxic chemical substances that can have an irritant effect on mucous nasopharynx, bronchi, causing chronic chemical poisoning. If there are a lot of such products in the room, they are new and exude a smell - this can be the cause of a dry cough.
Occasionally, cases of ascariasis are recorded, during which, during the migration of the ascarid larvae along a small circle of circulation, they linger in the lung tissue, causing a superficial dry cough. Getting into the lungs, the trachea and the bronchi, they cause irritation of the cough receptors, the migration phase with ascariasis is 8-14 days (see Fig. ascarids-symptoms and treatment).
Professional dry cough
The reason for its appearance may be related to work in harmful production, where in the air a mass of suspensions of toxic substances that cause dry cough in the workers is formed. Workers of the stone-working and coal-mining industry often develop silicosis of the lungs. Also among occupational diseases that cause dry cough is worth noting the disease of American farmers or fibrosing alveolitis, where dry cough is only a debut of pathology, the outcome of which is severe respiratory failure.
Some diseases of the gastrointestinal tractSome diseases of the gastrointestinal tract provoke a dry reflex cough without temperature, it happens after eating with diverticula of the esophagus, esophagus-tracheal fistula, reflux-esophagitis.
Acceptance of certain medicines
as a rule, ACE inhibitors, which are used to lower blood pressure and treat other cardiovascular diseases. In 20% of patients, these medicines cause a dry cough, if after discontinuation of the drug it disappears, therefore, this cough was a side effect of the drug taken.
Cardiovascular diseases, heart failure may also be the cause of dry cough
The cause of allergies, a provoker of allergic reactions can be established with the help of tests, which will be directed by an allergist. It is worth to take seriously any manifestations of allergy, as it is not just a dry cough, runny nose or a rash, with a severe allergic reactions can occur anaphylactic shock, Quincke's edema, which without timely medical help can be fatal.