Inhalation by a nebulizer with a cold: prescription solutionsIn the treatment of rhinitis, many physiological procedures aimed at restoring the function of the nasopharynx are considered effective.
Inhalations of a nebulizer in the common cold are one of these physiotherapy procedures, widely used in the treatment of diseases in children and adults.
What are the types of nebulizers?
A nebulizer with a cold in children can be used immediately after the birth of a child, but it can only be done by the appointment of a specialist. The nebulizer is a special medical device intended for inhalation. Usually the procedure is carried out in a medical institution, but if there is such a device at home, you can treat the rhinitis yourself.
The principle of the procedure is that, during the use of the device, it sprays the fine disperse particles of the medicinal solutions used, which enter the respiratory tract. The advantage of treating rhinitis with this method is that the dispersed particles of medications penetrate the respiratory tract much faster than with another type of therapy.
All nebulizers according to the principle of action are divided into several types:
- Compressor. They are quite large devices, consisting of a compressor and a camera. These two elements are connected together by an air pipe. Spraying of medicinal particles in nebulizers of this type is due to the "breaking" of the drug with a powerful jet of air. The disadvantage of such devices is their noisy work, so the use in the treatment of young children often becomes impossible.
- Ultrasound. When using this kind of apparatus for inhalation, the drug is converted into an aerosol by the action of ultrasonic waves. Such devices are compact and noiseless, but have one important drawback - under the influence of ultrasound, some molecular compounds can be destroyed. Ultrasonic devices can not be used in the treatment of the common cold with antibiotics and mucolytics by inhalation.
- Mesh-nebulizer. Modern devices, in which the drug is transformed into small particles, passing through a special membrane. This compact, convenient and silent devices, which are much more expensive than previous models.
Using such modern devices for the procedure, you should know the rule: you can not use recipes for a nebulizer with a cold with essential oils. Adult and small patients can not breathe oils with such a device, since the small particles of this agent can clog the small lumens of the bronchi and cause oil pneumonia.
It is recommended to choose a compressor nebulizer for inhalations in the common cold in children, because they are intended for patients of the youngest age. In the kit to the device there are several masks of different sizes for a more convenient procedure. The use of this mask makes it possible to penetrate the medicine directly into the respiratory system without being dispersed in the air.
What can you do inhalation for a cold with a nebulizer to a child?
It is important to know what to do inhalations in a cold with a nebulizer, so that the procedure will bring a positive result - improve the patient's well-being and speed up the healing process. First of all, it should be understood that different types of medicines are intended for each type of device.
Most often, specialists are appointed such solutions for a nebulizer with a cold:
- Mucolytics. It can be used for carrying out the procedure with the use of a compressor and a mesh nebulizer. To this group of solutions for inhalations a nebulizer with a common cold belongs to acetylcysteine, lazolvan, mukonist.
- Alkaline compresses. When using alkaline solutions for the treatment of rhinitis, all types of nebulizers can be used. These are drugs like sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate.
- Antibacterial solutions. Medications for a nebulizer with a cold caused by bacteria belong to the group of antibacterial drugs. This is furatsilin, dioxidin, malavit, they can be used for compressor and mesh-nebulizer.
- Bronchodilator. Are intended for carrying out of procedure at use of any kind of the device. Among these medications for inhalation, the nebulizer for the common cold is berodual, salbutamol, berotek and atrovent.
- Glucocorticosteroids. The drugs are used in any of the three types of apparatus for carrying out the procedure. More often than not, specialists prescribe such a glucocorticosteroid as hydrocortisone.
Regardless of the chosen drug for safe and effective procedure, it is important to comply with the temperature values of solutions for inhalation. The temperature of the agent should not be below 20 degrees.
What medications are suitable for inhalation in the cold with a nebulizer?
To treat acute and chronic nasopharyngeal diseases, many inhalation prescriptions are used with a nebulizer for rhinitis aimed at restoring the mucous membrane. When composing prescriptions for inhalations by a nebulizer in case of a runny nose to a child, the age of a small patient must be taken into account by a specialist.
What kind of medication for a nebulizer for a cold is better to use, the expert will say. In each case, the otolaryngologist appoints different drugs, because their choice depends on the type of rhinitis, the features of its course and the age of the patient.
In most cases, these medications are prescribed for inhalations with a cold:
- Interferon. The drug is prescribed for viral infectious diseases of the nasopharynx in children and adults. For the procedure, the contents of one ampoule of interferon must be diluted in 3 ml of saline. After this, the agent should be placed in the drug reservoir, the procedure should be performed 2 times a day.
- Tonsilong. The drug is diluted 1: 1 physiological saline in the treatment of adults and children older than 7 years. For children 1-7 years, the solution is diluted in a ratio of 1: 2, for patients up to 1 year old, 1: 3. In one procedure, it is necessary to use up to 4 ml of medication, to carry out inhalation up to two times a day.
- Furacilin. The procedure with this solution is performed in the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections, when the runny nose is one of the symptoms of the disease.
- Chlorophyllipt. For the procedure, the drug is diluted with physiological saline in a ratio of 1: 10. For one inhalation, 3 ml of diluted solution is required, up to three procedures are recommended per day.
- Tincture of calendula. Alcohol tincture is diluted with physiological solution 1: 40, in one procedure up to 4 ml of the drug is used. In acute inflammation of the nose and sinuses of the nasopharynx, it is necessary to perform inhalations three times a day.
- Spirituous tincture of propolis. Bought in the pharmacy tincture must be diluted with saline 1: 20. It is not recommended to apply the solution with a tendency to allergic reactions.
Inhalation with a cold with a nebulizer with saline and mineral water
Often, inhalations are also prescribed for the common cold with a nebulizer, although they are effective only if necessary to moisturize the nasal mucosa. Such procedures are advisable to carry out at an early stage of development of rhinitis. Instead of saline solution, alkaline mineral water can be used, for example, Borjomi, Essentuki, Luzhanskaya.
If you use these alkaline solutions for inhalations from the common cold with a nebulizer to children and adults, you can achieve this therapeutic effect:
- deeply clean the nasal cavity of the patient from pathogenic microorganisms - viruses and bacteria, which caused the disease;
- make the liquid that has accumulated in the nose more liquid;
- prevent stagnation of mucus in the nasal sinuses;
- quickly reduce the swelling of the nasal mucosa;
- prevent the development of complications of prolonged rhinitis - purulent otitis and sinusitis.
If you know what to do inhalation for a cold to a child and an adult, you can get rid of rhinitis in a few days. What can you do inhalation for a cold with a nebulizer, if there are no special solutions? You can also carry out the procedure with ready-made medicines intended for irrigation or instillation of the nasal cavity. For example, nasal drops Naphthyzine can be diluted in saline and inhaled twice a day, using the drug at the age-appropriate dosage indicated in the instructions.
If the patient is concerned with purulent rhinitis, in which a secret of yellow or green is secreted from the nasal cavity, an antibacterial preparation called Isofra or Bioparox can be used. In this way, combined agents can be used, among which the vasoconstrictive Polidex antibiotic is effective. With a tendency to frequent rhinitis, inhalations can be prescribed to increase local immunity with the use of Laferobion.
Rules of inhalation with drugs for nebulizer with a cold
In order for the treatment to be effective, it is important to know which inhalations in the cold can be done by a nebulizer based on the type of disease.
However, therapy should still be as safe as possible, and for this you should familiarize yourself with the rules for inhalation with a nebulizer:
- Therapy can not be done immediately after meals or before it, between treatment and food intake should pass half an hour.
- During inhalation, you can not talk.
- With elevated body temperature, this method of treating rhinitis is contraindicated.
- During the session, the patient should be in a sitting position.
- When treating a cold, you need to inhale through the nose, and exhale through the mouth.
- The duration of one procedure on average is 10-15 minutes, depending on what inhalations to do with a cold in the nebulizer.
- After the procedure with the use of hormonal or antibacterial drugs, the mouth should be rinsed with water.
- To completely cure a runny nose, it is usually enough to hold 5-10 sessions.
What inhalations can be done by a nebulizer in a cold can only be determined by a doctor based on the diagnosis. Also, the specialist determines the dosage of the drug and the number of sessions of this treatment procedure.
Which remedies should I use for inhalation with a cold
Inhalation is an effective method of treating a common cold. Thanks to them from rhinitis you can get rid of in a matter of days. The most effective and safe inhalation with the use of essential oils and medicinal plants.
What do inhalations give?
To treat a cold (rhinitis) is best integrated. So you will get rid of it faster. So, antipyretic tablets will lower the temperature, if it is more than 3 degrees. Washing with sea water or a similar solution (soda, salt, iodine drop) will accelerate the mucus from the nose. Vasoconstricting drops will give the chance to breathe, although for a short time. The warming of the sinuses with a blue lamp (Minin lamp) will help to eliminate the inflammatory process.
Inhalations will remove puffiness, moisturize the mucous membranes, clean the breathing passages, and your nose will soon be released. This event has one remarkable feature. If drugs taken inside, inevitably affect the entire body, the substances delivered to the body by the inhaler come only to the nose apparatus and have a local therapeutic effect.
Despite the simplicity of inhalation procedures, a number of mandatory rules should not be violated. First, inhalations are contraindicated at a temperature of 3, degrees and above, as well as with frequent bleeding, severe lung and heart disease.
Secondly, you can inhale medications only after eating, after an hour and a half. Thirdly, after inhalation, at least an hour you can not talk, smoke, go out into the cold, drink and eat. Fourth, pregnant women should first consult with a gynecologist. They, for example, contraindicated alcohol tinctures of calendula, propolis, essential oils of sage, oregano, rosemary, cedar, cinnamon, nutmeg.
Essential oils for inhalations
The most reliable and tested option is to use for pharmacies pharmacy essential oils. Very good oils are fir, sage, eucalyptus, pine, juniper, sea-buckthorn.
In a glass nebulizer (inhaler) pour to the maximum mark boiled water, slightly alkaline mineral water without gas or saline. Add 3-4 drops of oil and warm to 50-60 degrees.
If you do not want to search for individual essential oils, you can use Pinosol, which is sold in almost any pharmacy. This is a ready mix of oils of pine, peppermint and eucalyptus with the addition of vitamins. As before, the ancient Vietnamese "Golden Star" is also effective.
Too it is impossible to heat the inhalation solution - essential oils will lose all their useful qualities. Oil inhalations can be done using a compression nebulizer.
If you use an ultrasonic device, prepare a water broth from the leaves of eucalyptus, pine buds or marigold flowers. For its preparation, take 1 teaspoon of the crushed raw material, pour a glass of water, boil in closed enameled dishes in a water bath for 10-15 minutes, then filter.
Useful inhalation and based on decoctions of leaves of black currant, raspberry, blackberry. True, they are not as effective, and they need to be done longer.
Children should use inhalation, not using oils, but broths of chamomile, mother-and-stepmother, thyme, lavender, oregano. Keep in mind that many medicinal plants are non-toxic and harmless, but they can sometimes have allergic reactions.
How at home do inhalation for a cold?
How to properly administer inhalation with a cold at home? What procedures are useful for colds? Many people want this information, because during the cold season, a reliable means for treatment are inhalations that help with coughing, runny nose, and sore throat.
Causes of a cold
The medical name for the common cold is rhinitis. It is an inflammation of the nasal mucosa. Often, it can be a symptom of various diseases, such as sinusitis, influenza, measles. Based on the reasons that caused a runny nose, distinguish:
- Infectious - caused by viruses or bacteria.
- Allergic ("hay fever") - the body's reaction to an allergen.
- Vasomotor - develops due to the violation of the neuro-reflex mechanisms of reaction to such irritants as cold air, sharp odors. Chronic can lead to the development of asthma, lung disease.
- Atrophic - is caused by chronic lesions and atrophy of the nasal mucosa and nerve endings there. The causes of the occurrence are the genetic factor (race, heredity), metabolic disorders, lack of vitamins and nutrients, all kinds of infections.
- Traumatic - occurs due to various injuries of the nasal mucosa of a mechanical, chemical, thermal origin.
Factors that can affect the development of the common cold:
- Exposure to chemical or physical irritants (cold air, poisonous substances in the air, dust, combustion products, etc.).
- Hormonal and disruption of the endocrine system, nervous disorders, chronic diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
- Acceptance of certain medications (vasoconstrictor nasal drops).
- Postoperative complications, injuries.
- Genetic predisposition, features of the anatomical structure of the nose.
Clinical manifestations of rhinitis
Symptoms of the common cold may depend on the causes that caused it, as well as the presence of concomitant diseases:
- Swelling of the mucosa in the region of the nasal concha.
- Abundance of mucus, nasal congestion, which cause sneezing.
- Lachrymation, general malaise, fever.
- In chronic rhinitis may develop metaplasia (the replacement of one type of tissue on another) mucosa, proliferation (proliferation) of mucosal tissues, hypertrophy of the walls of the vessels, that is, an increase in their volume and mass. All these factors cause a permanent stagnation, a decrease in smell.
- Vasomotor rhinitis causes thickening and swelling of the mucosa, metaplasia of its tissues, which contributes to the development of such signs as constant sneezing, abundant watery-mucous discharge from the nose, lacrimation, pallor or cyanosis of the mucosa nose.
- Atrophic rhinitis in the nose formed crusts of green with an unpleasant odor, the sense of smell atrophy, the mucous membrane is dry.
In the absence of treatment, the common cold can acquire a chronic form and contribute to the development of complications such as sinusitis (inflammation of the paranasal sinuses), otitis media, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis.
Treatment of a coldTo effectively get rid of the common cold you need to find out the reasons for its occurrence. It should be remembered that both pharmacological drugs and traditional medicine can, if misused, cause various complications. Therefore, consultation of an otolaryngologist is necessary. For the treatment of rhinitis, depending on its etiology, various methods are used:
- Drug therapy: antiviral drugs, vitamins. With infectious etiology - antibiotics, vasoconstrictive drops, in the presence of purulent discharge - antiseptics and diluting agents. Antihistamine - for allergic rhinitis.
- Additional methods of treatment: steam inhalations, steaming legs, washing the nose, abundant use fluid, oil preparations (with atrophic forms), respiratory gymnastics, physiotherapeutic procedures. It should not be forgotten that any thermal procedures are contraindicated in the presence of heat.
- Means of traditional medicine, used topically, for oral administration, as solutions for inhalation.
The role of inhalations in the treatment of colds
An excellent tool for treating cold is steam inhalation - inhaling vapors of various medicines. The advantages of this method of treatment are a rapid and long-term effect on the mucosa, providing an effective and gentle effect on distant sections of the nasal cavity and upper respiratory tract, which allows using this method in the cold in children, so as not to injure the delicate mucous membrane the shell of the nose. Simplicity of carrying out allows to carry out inhalations in house conditions, strengthening efficiency of treatment.Despite all the positive effects, this method of treatment has a number of contraindications:
- Not carried out if the temperature is raised.
- With pulmonary hemorrhage, emphysema.
- In the presence of heart failure, arrhythmia.
- In case of traumatic or spontaneous pneumothorax (accumulation of air or gases in the pleural cavity).
- When intolerance or the presence of an allergic reaction to solutions for inhalation.
Carrying out inhalations
There are several ways to conduct medical steam inhalations:
- Inhalation of vapors of drugs over the container. You need to cover yourself with a towel.
- Inhalation with a special device - nebulizer.
The timing depends on the drugs used. The average time of inhalation of vapors is 10-15 minutes. 2-3 times a day. The course of treatment is 8-10 days..
The vapors are deeply inhaled with the nose, for a few seconds they hold the air and exhale it with the mouth. Inhale and exhale need to calmly, slowly.
Inhalations are carried out 60 minutes after ingestion. After the procedure, do not drink for an hour, take medicine, rinse your mouth and nose, smoke, inhale cold air.
It is recommended not to eat within 3 hours after inhalation.
Means used for inhalation
For carrying out inhalations, various preparations, herbal infusions, essential oils are used. The choice of the most suitable remedy depends on the specific case of the common cold and on the individual characteristics of the condition and the tolerability of certain drugs:
- Inhalation of water vapor without adding any substances contributes to the heating of the nasopharynx, which helps the body to fight bacteria and viruses in the early stages of development of rhinitis.
- Various medicines. Their choice depends on the etiology of rhinitis: interferon - in viral character; Chlorophyllipt, tonsillon - with bacterial rhinitis; miramistin - in the presence of purulent discharge; naphthyzine - to relieve swelling. The exact dosage, number and duration of procedures will be prescribed by the attending physician.
- With atrophic rhinitis, inhalations with olive oil and saline solution (2 drops, 5 ml of solution) are effective.
- In allergic rhinitis, it is preferable to perform the procedure with a nebulizer. Recommended medicinal solutions: hypertonic saline and physiological, decoction from herbal collection (chamomile, oregano, mint, leaves and flowers of linden (6 tbsp. l. mixture), eucalyptus essential oil (3-4 drops filled with 1 liter of boiling water).
- For inhalations with a nebulizer, mineral water can also be used.
- Alcohol tincture of calendula in combination with saline solution.
- In chronic cold, inhalations with a mixture of infusions from mother-and-stepmother (15 g / 200 ml of water) and decoction from the leaves and stems of the blackberry (20 g / 200 ml of water), inhalation with ethereal oils of eucalyptus, fir, menthol juniper (5-6 cap / 1 l, do not heat the solution more than 85 ° C), inhalation of infusions from pine buds, peppermint and eucalyptus leaves (pour a mixture of 1 liter boiling water).
Timely and correct carrying out of inhalations, along with other methods of treatment prescribed by a doctor, will help get rid of the common cold.
How to do inhalations with a cold
Inhalation in the common cold is a traditional way of treating this symptom. This procedure leads to a normalization of the vascular tone of the nasopharyngeal mucosa, as a result, its puffiness decreases, mucus production decreases, and the nasal cavity is cleared.
If you follow the rules for inhalation, this method is safe, including for children and pregnant women.
With caution should be used inhalation in the common cold to people with chronic diseases of the nasopharynx, predisposition to nasal bleeding, patients with hypertensive disease who underwent myocardial infarction or stroke. Such people should consult with a doctor before any treatment at home.
It should be remembered and the possibility of an allergic reaction to the components that make up the solution for inhalation. When using any product for the first time, it is recommended to start with a small dosage and a short inhalation time.
Than to do inhalations at a cold? You can carry out both steam inhalations and using a nebulizer.
Steam inhalationsSteam inhalations in the common cold are the most common "home" method of treating this disease.
Steam inhalation should be carried out not earlier than 1 hour after eating. In a saucepan bring to a boil 500-1000 ml. water with the addition of a medicinal component, somewhat cool, so that the steam does not burn the face and the airways. The patient sits on a chair, leans against the table in front of him and leans over the pan. From above you need to take shelter with a towel. The duration of one procedure is from 3 to 10 minutes, depending on the age of the patient, the tolerability of inhalation. In the day, you can do several such warm-ups (up to 5-6 if necessary). Breathe during the procedure should be as far as possible with the nose. After inhalation, you must not go out for at least an hour.
Steam procedures should be avoided in the first 2-3 days of acute respiratory viral infection, especially at high body temperature.
To carry out such treatment in children, the hot solution is poured into the kettle and cooled so that the temperature of the steam is about 40 ° C (warm, but in no case burning). A cone of paper or cardboard is put on the tip of the kettle. The upper opening of the cone is raised alternately to the nostrils of the child, making sure that the baby breathes in the nose with the evolving vapor. Care must be taken, be calm and patient, so that the child is not afraid, does not cry and does not refuse the procedure. Thus it is possible to carry out inhalations and pregnant women.
Solution for inhalation in the common cold is often prepared using essential oils of mint, eucalyptus, fir, juniper. 3-5 drops of this oil are added to 500 ml. boiled and cooled to 85 ° C water. In the same way, sea buckthorn oil is used, but it is added to water, cooled to 70 ° C.
Inhalations with sea salt and saline are widespread, but their effect is not significantly different from the effect of ordinary water vapor, as the particles of salts do not evaporate when heated and do not enter the nasopharynx, but settle on the walls and day of dishes.
By itself, the inhalation of warm water vapor can soften and moisten the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx, facilitate the separation of mucus, improve well-being. The same result results in breathing over hot boiled potatoes.
In the solution for steam inhalations with a cold, you can add medicinal plants, as well as propolis. Oregano, St. John's wort, pine buds, mother-and-stepmother, blackberry leaves, raspberries, marigold flowers, chamomile, sage are the most common remedies for such procedures. Infusions and decoctions of them are prepared according to the usual rules, most often 1 tablespoon of raw material is taken per 200 ml. water and brought to a boil followed by infusion for 1-2 hours. The ready infusion is added to the water for inhalation.
Inhalations using a nebulizerInhalations of a nebulizer with a cold are useful only if the model provides for a change in the size of the particles formed. It should be 10 μm or more. In addition, there are special devices for the treatment of sinusitis (inflammation of the paranasal sinuses). Their use will also help with a runny nose. The use of conventional nebulizers in this case is much less effective, since they are designed to penetrate the drug deep into the lungs without settling in the nasal cavity.
Nebulizers use ready-made medicinal solutions sold in pharmacies. Before using them, you should consult a doctor, because these drugs can cause any side effects. Dosage and frequency of use should also be determined by the doctor, taking into account the age of the child and the severity of the disease.
Inhalations of a nebulizer will also help those adults who are contraindicated in thermal procedures (for example, with high blood pressure).
To treat a cold in the nebulizer, solutions of vasoconstrictive substances (xylometazoline) are used. They cause a spasm of dilated vessels of the mucous membrane, which leads to a rapid removal of puffiness and the restoration of nasal breathing. After this, you can use antimicrobial drugs (isofra, bioparox). There are ready-made combinations with a good curative effect, reinforced with other useful components (polidex, rhinoflumucil). When they are used, you should strictly follow the instructions, take into account the child's age, the amount of substance for one application, the multiplicity of procedures during the day.
Inhalation with a cold in the nebulizer
Rhinitis is an inalienable companion of colds. The discomfortable state that arises in this case prevents a person from fully living. To ease nasal breathing and improve the patient's well-being with a cold, local treatment with inhalants through the nebulizer will help.
Conduction of inhalation by a nebulizer with a cold
The nebulizer is a modern device for inhalation. The mechanism of its action is based on the dispersive dispersion of the drug solution, which is fed through a mask or a breathing tube. Due to the fact that the solution is sprayed onto ultra-small particles, the medicine quickly and easily enters all nook and airway nooks and corners in general.
There are three types of nebulizers: compressor, membrane and ultrasonic. The most optimal option for home conditions is the administration of inhalations in the common cold by a compressor nebulizer. This is because such devices have a relatively low cost and allow the use of all types of medicines.
When carrying out inhalation with a nebulizer, it is recommended to follow the rules:
- The procedure should be performed no earlier than one hour after a meal or exercise.
- For an hour before and after the procedure, you should not drink alcohol, smoke, rinse the mouth with antiseptics and take expectorants.
- Inhalation should be carried out in a relaxed atmosphere, not distracted by anything.
- During the procedure, the aerosol is inhaled through the nose with even and deep breaths, holding your breath for a couple of seconds and making a full exhalation through the mouth.
The course of treatment of the common cold inhalation should be at least 8 procedures lasting about 10 minutes.
Inhalations from the cold in the nebulizer - recipes
The easiest way is to inhale the nebulizer with a cold with saline, alkaline mineral water or sea water. Also for inhalations with a cold, a nebulizer can use different solutions and preparations, diluting them with saline solution. Let us consider several recipes for preparing solutions for inhalation.
- With viral colds, inhalations with interferon can be done. For the procedure, dilute the contents of three ampoules in 10 ml of saline, warmed to 37 ° C. Inhalations are carried out twice a day.
- With staphylococcal rhinitis, inhalations with chlorophyllipt are effective. To do this, a 1% alcohol solution of chlorophyllipt should be diluted with saline solution in the proportion: 0. For one procedure, 3 ml of diluted solution is taken, inhalations are performed three times a day.
- Bacterial colds are effectively treated by inhalation with Tonzigon - a plant-derived preparation that has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. For the procedure it is required to dilute the drug with saline in the proportion:. You need to administer inhalations three times a day, using 3 to 4 ml of diluted product.
- They are used for colds of inhalation with calendula. To prepare a solution for inhalation, you should dilute the pharmacy alcohol tincture of calendula with saline solution in the ratio: 0. For one procedure, 4 ml of solution is sufficient, inhalations are carried out three times a day.
- Atrophic processes it is recommended to use vegetable oil (preferably olive oil). To do this, 1 - 2 drops of oildilute in 5 ml of saline. The procedures are carried out twice a day.
- With a cold associated with purulent discharge, inhalation with Miramistin is effective. Adults can use undiluted, 1% solution of the drug for 4 ml three times a day for the procedure.
- Severe swelling in the cold can be removed by using Naphthyzin (,%) for inhalation. For this, the drug should be diluted with saline solution in the ratio: 0. The procedure is carried out once, for which it takes 3 ml of the solution obtained.
Inhalation in children with colds
Inhalation is the inhalation of medicinal products with a therapeutic purpose. Such procedures have been known for a very long time. And modern doctors at the first signs of a beginning rhinitis in children recommend to do inhalations. In addition, inhalations are done with tonsillitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis and pneumonia. Attacks of bronchial asthma are also well treated with inhalations.
Than to do or make inhalation at a cold?
That from inhalation there was an effect, it is necessary to spend it correctly. You can do this procedure one hour before meals or an hour and a half after meals. At a body temperature at the child from above 3, ° C inhalations to it to spend it is impossible. On the street after the inhalation is not recommended to go for three hours.
To prevent burns, never force the child to breathe a very hot steam. The optimum temperature for inhalation is up to 40 ° C. 3-4 year old child explain that with a cold you need to breathe and exhale medicinal spray only through the nose.
What inhalation should I do with a cold? The easiest way to use the proven method: to make a steam inhalation with essential oil. Such inhalations can be given to a child older than 3 years. It is forbidden to use essential oils if the child has allergies to them or bronchial asthma. Most common for the common cold are eucalyptus, fir, pine, lemon and cinnamon, lavender, pine, thyme and others. In a kettle or a pot of hot water, drip a few drops of oil, cover with the child a towel and breathe a pleasant healing steam that will help cure the cold.
A more modern way of carrying a baby inhalations with a cold is using a nebulizer. This is an ultrasonic or compressor inhaler, spraying small particles of medical solutions. And these minute droplets penetrate deeply into the bronchi, which enhances the effectiveness of the procedure. If you adjust the nebulizer to spray drugs with larger particles, they will settle in the nasal passages and help treat the cold in the baby. For very young children, there are special inhalers with a mask. Such nebulizers are used for inhalation in the position of both sitting and lying. The procedure is carried out for about 10 minutes.
Using a nebulizer, you can moisten the nasopharyngeal mucosa of the baby with saline, which is especially true in rooms with excessively dry air.
Herbs for inhalation with colds
Using a nebulizer, you can do inhalations in a child's cold with the following recipes:
1. Inhalations with medicinal infusions. Infusions can be made according to such recipes:
- buds of pine - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- eucalyptus leaves - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- collection of flowers of calendula, eucalyptus leaves, St. John's wort in equal quantities (only about 4 tbsp. lodges);
- collection of chamomile flowers and eucalyptus leaves in equal amounts (approximately 4 tbsp. lodges).
The indicated amount of herbs pour 1-2 liters of boiling water, stand on average heat for 5-10 minutes, and then insist for half an hour. Before the procedure, the infusion is heated and poured into the nebulizer. Use this infusion can be for two to three days if stored in the refrigerator.
2. Inhalations with Kalanchoe juice. This plant helps fight viruses and has anti-inflammatory effect. Forinhalation of 2 tbsp. Spoons of juice diluted with water and used in a nebulizer.
3. For inhalation with a cold, you can use the drug "Rokotan" - an extract of yarrow, daisies and calendula. In a half liter of water, you must dilute 2 tbsp. spoons of this product, pour the prepared solution into a nebulizer and breathe aerosol.
4. Inhalations with alkaline solution "Borjomi" contribute to liquefaction of mucus in the nose in the child and its better removal.
The use of inhalations to treat the common cold contributes to a faster and more effective cure for your child.