What folk remedies help with cold and nasal congestion
Inflammation of the nasal mucosa always appears on time and brings considerable discomfort. There is an opinion that the runny nose is not serious, it will take place within a week. But what for the whole seven days to experience unpleasant sensations? In addition, an untreated rhinitis can lead to such serious diseases as sinusitis, frontal sinusitis. Treatment is often delayed because of the reluctance to use "chemistry". But without it you can do without. There are many proven folk remedies for the common cold and nasal congestion.
Features of treatment
Rhinitis, or as it is often called, a common cold, is of different origins.On the nasal secretions it is possible to determine the nature of rhinitis.If a clear liquid flows from the nose, then it is an allergy or a virus. Yellow-green discharge is a sign of bacterial infection. Red blood veins in the fluid to be separated are present with increased vessel fragility. It happens with influenza, viral infections, hypertension.
The consistency and color of the discharge also depends on the stage of development of the common cold. At the first, reflex stage, there is sneezing, dryness in the nasopharynx, nasal congestion. Then comes the catarrhal stage of the common cold. Allocations become abundant, the perception of odors is lost, lacrimation may appear. After that, the runny nose goes to the third stage: the puffiness decreases, and the discharge becomes denser and becomes greenish due to a secondary bacterial infection.
On the video - folk remedies for a cold and nasal congestion:
Folk methods are effective at all stages of such an unpleasant symptom, as a runny nose. All home remedies are distinguished by careful treatment of the nasal mucosa. To remove the swelling and reduce the discharge from the nose use:
- dry and fresh plants;
- Honey and bee products;
- salt (including marine);
- juices of vegetables;
If the runny nose has appeared after hypothermia or contact with patients with acute respiratory diseases, and even the nose has pawned, it is an acute form of rhinitis. You can not hesitate, otherwise complications may arise.
They take folk drugs in the form:
- turund (tampons);
Do you know how to treat obstructive bronchitis at home?
Reviews about different ways to treat sinusitis: http://prolor.ru/n/bolezni-n/gajmorit/gajmorit-osobennosti-simptomy-metody-lecheniya.html.
What kind of cough herbs can be used to treat children?
The result of treatment depends on compliance with technology.
- To drop the drops to where they will benefit - in the cavity near the wings of the nose, and not in the throat, they need to dig in properly. You do not need to throw your head back. You need to tilt it in the direction in which the medicine is injected into the nostril.
- Warming should not be done at elevated body temperature.
- Inhalations for adults should last 10-15 minutes, children need 5 minutes.
- It must be ensured that the patient does not have allergies to the ingredients used. Especially it concerns honey and juice of Kalanchoe.
How is the common cold treated at home? In the treatment plants and products with strong antibacterial properties are used. At the initial stages, good results are also shown by mechanical methods of removing mucus.
- Washing with diluted onion or beet juice will help to quickly cure the beginning cold. It is impossible to be cautious: the procedure should not resemble a hospital "cuckoo".At home, use a 5-cc syringe.The juice is diluted 1: 10 with water. You can take the medicine tincture of calendula (20 drops on a glass of water).
- Adults can easily learn the procedure of washing the nose, drawing salt solution from the saucer. To do this, close one nostril, and the second draw in the liquid and blow it out. Concentration of salt - 1 hour. spoon on a glass of warm water + 2-3 drops of iodine. Rinse do 3-4 times a day.
The video tells how to get rid of stuffy nasal folk remedies:
- Effective cure for the common cold is horseradish. His couples treat quickly even a heavily stuffy nose. The root must be rubbed or cut and inhaled as much as possible. For each procedure, take a new slice of horseradish.
- Warm boiled potato peelings with essential oils of eucalyptus, fir and juniper are also effective against the common cold and stuffy nose. It is enough 5 - 20 drops of oils.
- Dry chamomile, linden flowers, plantain leaves and sage for 1 tbsp. Spoons for 1 liter of boiling water will help to defeat the disease.
The video tells about the treatment of folk remedies chronic cold:
Drops, irrigation and applications
- Honey. An indispensable remedy for the common cold is honey. For applications, the crystallized product is taken. A sterile tampon is applied with thick honey and inserted into the nasal passage. Lie down and turn your head in the direction of the sinus with a swab. The exposure time is 10-20 minutes. Repeat the procedure with another sinus.
- Juicy Kalanchoeworks wonders. 3-5 drops of juice of this plant three times a day will help to say goodbye to the cold. This method is not suitable for people with weak blood vessels, as it causes a strong sneeze. And this one can lead to nasal bleeding.
- Aloe juice. Also effective. It can be mixed with Kalanchoe, honey, or applied alone. Bury 4-5 times a day, for 4-6 drops.
- Onion and garlictreat the runny nose no less effectively. To not burn the mucous, onion juice is used diluted. You can mix it with the Kalanchoe juice in the following proportions:. Drip the medication 3 times a day, 2 drops in each nostril.
- Garlic and onion oil. The most persistent can try to put finely chopped onions or garlic in the nose. Gentle option - garlic or onion oil. The sliced vegetables are poured with olive oil and insisted for 3-4 hours. Use the infusion, like drops or appliques.
How can I quickly cure a runny nose at home:
- An ancient recipe for a cold -dry mustard, piled in shoes. Modern version - mustard plaster in socks. The procedure is best done before going to bed, you can wear socks with mustard for the night. Then the feet should be rinsed with warm water.
- Beet juice is fast acting. It can be used for children, after having checked the remedy on oneself. Some beet varieties can burn the mucous. When using any other painful sensations is not observed. It is enough 2-4 drops in each nostril.
Treatment of symptoms
If the nose is laid, it is difficult to breathe, and the rhinitis is not present, this is either the first stage of rhinitis, or an allergy.Before starting treatment, you need to find out the cause and exclude allergies.If, after taking antihistamines or using a spray from an allergy to the nose, the swelling subsides, it becomes easier to breathe, then you need to find out what causes allergies. The process is complicated, the doctor's help is needed. If the cause of nasal congestion is a cold or a virus, then folk remedies will do.
- Fresh juice of white cabbage will help restore normal breathing. When instilled, it causes sneezing and releases the sinuses from mucus, displays phlegm.
- Lamb fat helps from nasal congestion. They lubricate their nostrils for the night. The procedure is repeated several times.
- Good results are given by massage. Two fingers need to massage the wings of the nose clockwise, then counter-clockwise (10 times). Then one finger to tap on the bridge of the nose.
- Effective way to get rid of nasal congestion - therapeutic breathing exercises by the Strelnikova method. Massage and breathing exercises are good for pregnant women.
The video tells how to treat nasal congestion in adults using folk remedies:
If zalozhennost - a consequence of the dry air in the room, then you have to rinse your nose. Yogis do this all the time for prevention. You can use water that is salted with sea salt. Hygiene can work miracles. A regular procedure will help to cope with the problem. Wash your nose well with children, and preferably with soap. Do not forget about the diet. A moderate amount of mustard, horseradish and pepper will help "break through" the nose. Such properties also have onions, garlic, parsley.
To warm a nose by means of compresses, lamps and inhalations at a stuffiness of a nose it is impossible. If it turns out that the cause of this phenomenon is genyantritis, then we can aggravate the situation.
Treatment of a chronic disease
Treatment of chronic rhinitis in adults by folk remedies is not so simple. But there are proven recipes that will help to cope with this ailment.
- In the chronic form of the nose, mustard insoles can be replaced with kerosene. At night, feet are smeared with kerosene, a cloth, also moistened with kerosene, is put in socks, and socks are put on. Relief comes in the morning.
- A cake of shredded horseradish, honey and rye flour (1 tbsp. spoon) put on the bridge of the nose. If there is a burning sensation, then put the cake on cheesecloth or thin cloth. The procedure is done overnight.
- Boil the butter for 30-40 minutes over low heat. Cool, strain and store in the refrigerator. 3 times a day bury your nose with a warmed-up water bath oil.
- The nose is dripped with diluted sap of aloe honey (:). Ears should be moistened with alcohol in the tincture of propolis, insert their sinuses, lie down for 15-20 minutes. The procedure is repeated twice a day.This recipe helps to defeat even sinusitis.
- It is useful to wash the nose with a mixture of this composition: 1 hour. spoon of boric acid, alcohol, glycerin.
- Ancient medicine men treated chronic rhinitis in this way: fresh root horseradish was rubbed, lemon juice was added, the resulting gruel should be taken in the morning and after dinner, spoon. Tears at reception are provided. But the herbalists believed that with them the mucus leaves the body, and with the progress of healing the person stops crying at the time of taking.
- If the mucous membrane of the nose is dry, then use the ointment from the leaves of the nut. To do this, dry walnut leaves are grinded into powder and mixed with vaseline (1 tbsp. a spoonful of leaves for 50 g of Vaseline).
- Beetroot is also good for chronic rhinitis. The product is used for rinsing. Root is washed, cut, poured with boiling water and kept in a warm place for 2-3 days.When the broth begins to wander, it is filtered and stored in the refrigerator for no more than 4 days.
The video tells how to treat a chronic cold with folk remedies:
The therapeutic effect of the use of folk remedies depends on the sequence of the procedure and the quality of the raw materials. But nothing will give a better effect than prevention. Regular walks in the fresh air, timely airing of premises, clothing for the season and sports will help to avoid such a nuisance, as a runny nose and nasal congestion. But if problems can not be avoided, begin to be treated on time. But remember that traditional medicine is not omnipotent, consultation of a qualified doctor will never be superfluous. Especially it concerns children. If the treatment of a cold is required for a baby, then the use of folk remedies must be supplemented with a visit to the pediatrician. The same applies to folk remedies for a cold in pregnancy.
Folk remedies for a cold and nasal congestion
Folk remedies for the common cold and nasal congestion are an excellent way to easily cure the disease. The only thing that needs to be done is to prepare tinctures, drops, and other means that will take time. However, the result of treatment will justify all the inconveniences associated with preparing the medication. Many are interested in how to relieve the stuffiness of the nose with folk remedies - see below for ways to treat the common cold.
Folk remedies for a cold and nasal congestion
There are many non-complicated methods of treatment with folk remedies. They perfectly remove the initial symptoms of the common cold. There are a lot of folk remedies for nasal congestion for adults. To treat the disease, it is possible to use freshly squeezed plant juice. It is recommended to use decoctions of herbs, or essential oils. A solution that has already been prepared must be checked after its preparation. Drip some liquid into one nostril. If burning in the nose is not, then continue to use. If the unpleasant sensations appear, you need to dilute the herbal broth with boiled water. An effective way is also the use of inhalations.
How to remove the swelling of the nose folk remedies?
Treat by instillation in the nose:
- Method 1. Squeeze the Kalanchoe juice and gently wipe the nasal sinuses inside. Then add 3 drops to each of the nostrils. The procedure should be performed 3 times a day. It is easy to replace calanchoe with carrot juice, plantain, aloe, beet.
- Method 2. If the cold starts, it is recommended that the menthol oil be digested, 3 drops per nostril. Together with instillation lubricate this means of whiskey, forehead, the back of the head.
- You can replace the instillation with lotions. Use small tampons, instead of instillation, wet them in solution, and apply to the inner sinuses of the nose. Such a method is effective, it will increase the effect of the agent on the nasal mucosa.
An excellent folk remedy against nasal congestion is inhalation:
- It will take 2 liters of hot water, add 10 drops of essential oil, 1 hour. l. soda, and 2 tbsp. l. honey.
- We prepare the solution: for 1 liter. water, add 2 tbsp. l. St. John's Wort. As soon as the infusion stays slightly to be filtered, pour in 2 hours. l. vegetable oil.
- Make a decoction of eucalyptus and St. John's wort. Before performing the inhalation, you need to drop a little drops of fir oil. If you use this compound in the early stages of the disease, the runny nose will disappear after 2 days.
For inhalation requires a convenient capacity. During the procedure, you need to take cover with a thin blanket, and tilt your head over the compound. Inhalation should be performed for 10 minutes. As a rule, treatment is best before bedtime. After the end of the inhalation, it will take 30 minutes to lie down. On the street to go out is not recommended 2 hours after the treatment. And the nasal mucosa to not burn, the solution should have a temperature of 40 degrees, not higher.
How to treat nasal congestion with folk remedies - other ways of treatment
- It is necessary to make a settee of iodine on the feet beforehand, and make small strips on the nose and forehead.
- Put mustard plasters and woolen socks on.
- Pour over finely chopped garlic.
- Drink honey, or lime tea before bed.
- Take a hot bath with mustard powder.
Folk remedies can easily cure a runny nose. The main thing is that the treatment is absolutely harmless, and usually does not cause side effects unless there are only allergic reactions to plant components. As a result, you can remove the oppressive symptoms of colds, such as nasal congestion. Perhaps the treatment is not supported by modern youth. Namely national means help much more effectively. They cure the disease, but do not remove the stuffiness of the nose, or runny nose not for a while. And most importantly, improve the patient's condition in a short time.
A good remedy for the common cold. The most effective remedy for colds
If you treat a cold, then it passes for 7 days. If the cold does not heal, it takes a week. It's heard by everyone. But this opinion is erroneous. Many people let the situation slide, but the runny nose needs to be treated. Sleepless nights, lack of appetite, headache, sneezing, dryness and sensitivity of the nasal mucosa are the most harmless manifestations of acute rhinitis. In the absence of treatment, complications are possible: otitis media, sinusitis, frontalitis and the transition of the common cold into a chronic form.
Most often, the appearance of the common cold is promoted by viruses, bacteria, hypothermia. Itching in the nasopharynx, nasal congestion, frequent sneezing, headache - if you have these symptoms you need to start treatment as soon as possible.
Many pharmacy products for the treatment of cold are released without a doctor's prescription. But consultation with a specialist is never superfluous. And taking antibiotics with a beginning rhinitis is not justified. They can not cure rhinitis, but they can harm the body.
With a beginning cold and runny nose, folk remedies are good. Hot foot baths with mustard powder and tea with raspberries are the best home remedies for the common cold. Beet juice, aloe is also effective if the rhinitis has just begun. The advantages of traditional medicine are that the risk of side effects is minimized, unlike medicines. But folk remedies do not always help.
The funds used to treat rhinitis, a lot in the pharmacy range, consider the main.
Drops with vasoconstrictive effect
The most popular and effective group of medicines. Dripped in the morning a good remedy forCoryza, and all the day the nose is breathing. However, from the heaviness in the head, sneezing and itching, these medicines do not help. After a while, the cold begins again. Vasoconstrictive medications do not treat rhinitis. They relieve nasal congestion and mucosal edema. Use with a runny nose such drops are needed, this will help reduce the risk of otitis.
If you take more than 7 days, the drugs cause the opposite phenomenon (tachyphylaxis), and the nasal mucosa swells again. Often people have to drip vasoconstrictive drops for many years, without them the nose does not breathe. It's addictive, and getting rid of it is very difficult.
Drugs of this group can cause hypertension, increased intraocular pressure and tachycardia. It is impossible to simultaneously use vasoconstrictors and drops with therapeutic effect. The minimum interval between their instillation is 40 minutes. Otherwise, the drug will not work, the vasoconstrictor drops will not let it suck.
If the rhinitis lasts more than 7 days, you need to see a doctor.
Groups of vasoconstrictive drops1. Preparations containing naphazoline. Medications "Naftizin "Sanorin" - representatives of this group. The action time is about 4 hours. Of all the groups, the shortest. Strongly dry the mucous membrane of the nose. Now they are rarely used.
2. Preparations of xylometazoline. Means "Galazolin "Rinonorm "Ximelin "Tizin "Rinostop" - representatives of this group. There are approximately 6 hours, a more gentle effect on the mucosa. Many representatives of this group contain sea water and other substances for moistening the mucosa.
3. The active ingredient is oxymetazoline. Preparations "Nazivin "Otritin "Nazol" - the main representatives of this group. The duration of action can be up to 12 hours. The least irritating to the nasal mucosa, therefore, any of them is the best remedy for the common cold among the vasoconstrictors.
Drops with sea water
All drops and sprays for moisturizing the nasal mucosa contain a solution of sea salt. "Aquamaris "Akvalor "Salin "Morenazal "Physiomer "Marimer" - these are preparations that moisturize and soften the mucous membranes. A similar remedy for the cold, reviews of which are always positive, relieves swelling. Preparations based on sea water treat inflammation and dilute purulent separable.A good remedy for the common cold does not remove the stuffiness of the nose instantly. It cures the runny nose and reduces the risk of complications. Medicines in this group have no side effects. They are allowed for small children and pregnant women.
If there is no possibility to purchase drops with sea water, you can use simple saline solution. This is a common salt solution, it is also effective for the treatment of rhinitis.
A good remedy for the common cold is a drop with an antiviral effect, but they are effective only at the first stages of the disease. Apply antiviral drugs strictly according to the instructions, otherwise they will not help. Timely reception and exact dosages will cure a cold in 3 days.
Antiviral drops "Grippferon "Nasoferon" contain interferon. Interferon is produced in the body. He is responsible for immunity and attacks the virus. Interferon is available in droplets and in dry powder. This is an effective remedy for the common cold. Ampules with dry interferon can be used from birth. They just get divorced by water. The drug has no side effects, only individual intolerance is possible.
There are other antiviral drops in the nose - Derinat. This is an excellent remedy for cold and colds. They stimulate the production of interferon. Spray "IRS-19" contains bacterial lysates. He fights with a cold and bronchitis. When using drops with immunomodulating effect in the epidemic period, the probability of "catching" a runny nose decreases.
Plant extracts in drops are good for the common cold. They well moisturize and soften the nasal mucosa, treat inflammation. The drug "Pinosol" is the leader of this group, the most effective remedy for the common cold. It is available in the form of drops, ointments and cream. Essential oils are included in the medicine "Pinosol so it can cause allergies. Contraindicated in children under 3 years. All drops that contain essential oils can not be used in this age category, they can cause bronchospasm.
There are pencils-inhalers "Doctor MOM "Gold Star". They contain essential oils that can be inhaled. The nose begins to work reflexively. You can use this remedy for a cold in pregnancy.
They contain several components. Drops may include an antibiotic. They are designed to treat rhinitis of bacterial nature. The drug "Polidex" contains an antibiotic, which quickly treats the infection. There is also an anti-allergic component - dexamethasone. It removes the swelling of the mucosa. Choosing the best remedy for the common cold, it is worth considering and this medicine.
Some drops, in addition to the vasoconstrictor component, contain an antiallergic substance. They help with allergic rhinitis. Preparations "Vibrocil "Sanorin-analgesin" well relieve the swelling of the nose for allergies. "Vibrocil" in the drops can be used for children from 1 year. In addition, you can use this remedy for a cold in pregnancy.
Many drops contain a vasoconstrictor and seawater. They prevent dryness and relieve swelling. The drug "Snoop" in adult and pediatric form of release well softens mucous and eliminates nasal congestion.
Such drugs as "Bioparox "Isofra contain powerful antibiotics. They are appointed by a doctor. With sinusitis, frontal sinuses and lingering rhinitis, this is the most effective remedy for the common cold. With the beginning of the disease, the use of these drugs is unjustified. Plus these funds are that they are not absorbed into the blood. Therefore, side effects inherent in antibiotics, they are not peculiar.
HomeopathyHomeopathic remedies are good because they do not have side effects. They act at a runny nose at any stage. The main rule of homeopathy reads: "You can not deviate from the instruction". If you miss the time of instillation and do not follow the multiplicity - homeopathy will not help. Preparations "Edas-131 "Delufen "Euforbium-compositum" will remove the edema of the nasal mucosa, have an anti-inflammatory effect, raise immunity. Safe and effective drops are suitable for adults and children. In complex therapy significantly improve recovery. Treated homeopathy for a long time. It has a cumulative effect and on the first day still does not heal.
Nebulizer - a modern solution for the treatment of a cold
Use a nebulizer with a cold is very convenient. This is an ultrasound device, through which inhalations are carried out.
Treatment of the common cold with a nebulizer can not be compared with the use of pills and tablets that pass a long path through the body until they reach the diseased organ. Similar medications, in contrast to inhalers, often leave an unfavorable trace in the form of a variety of side effects.
Rhinitis is the most common disease. Many people suffer from it. Runny nose may appear several times a year. That's why there are a lot of folk recipes. Here are some examples of them:
1. Fir and eucalyptus oil. A few drops of essential oil drip into the vegetable oil (about 25 ml). Drip in the nose in the morning and at night. Such a mixture instantly facilitates breathing, has a bactericidal effect, softens the mucous membrane and relieves swelling.
2. Beetroot juice relieves inflammation and swelling. Drip it several times a day or make tampons (for 10 minutes). A weak solution of beet juice can be dripped to babies from the common cold.
3. Honey drops. Dilute honey with water in equal proportions. A little warm up and drip up to 6 times a day. Do not use if you are allergic to this product. Honey is a strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent.
4. Aloe vera increases immunity and relieves inflammation. You can drip in its purest form. You can dilute with vegetable oil.
5. The Kalanchoe juice is an irritant. When it is instilled, intensive separation of mucus begins, swelling rapidly and inflammation is removed.
Washing your nose at home
In the hospital, in the ENT departments, there is a special device for washing the nose. It creates pressure and rinses the nose with medicine, washing out pus and mucus. A similar procedure can be done at home. Rinsing the nose brings relief to the patient and helps cure the runny nose. The medicinal solution is taken up in a container and inhaled with a nose, spit out the solution with the mouth. The procedure is carried out in the morning and at night.
How to prepare a solution
- In one glass with a little salt water pour a teaspoon of tincture of eucalyptus or marigold. The solution has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and bactericidal action.
- 2 filter bags of chamomile or sage brew a glass of boiling water. When the solution becomes slightly warm, wash the nose. The solution has a strong anti-inflammatory effect.
- 3 drops of iodine per glass of warm water. The bactericidal and anti-inflammatory properties of iodine cure the common cold. It is not recommended for purulent sinusitis.
- You can wash your nose with a simple saline solution. This procedure dilutes the mucus and removes the swelling from the nasal mucosa.
From the cold helps infusions of herbs, which are drunk inside. You can mix fruits of raspberries, herb of oregano, a leaf of a birch and mother-and-stepmother. Brew the mixture and drink several times a day. Very good for the cold helps the flowers of linden, chamomile. Herbs help cure cold and colds. Rosehips and mountain ash will increase immunity and accelerate recovery.
Treatment of any disease should begin with a consultation with a specialist. Not all patients can use drops. Many people have vasoconstrictive drugs. With genyantritis, therapy without antibiotics is most often ineffective. People with curvature of the nasal septum can not help the drop. All these nuances are taken into account by the doctor.
A prolonged runny nose can give many serious complications. Inadequate therapy can make the ailment chronic. Rhinitis is a disease that should be treated. We have presented you many options for its therapy. Choose the most effective remedy for the common cold is only for you, and it is better to do this after consulting a doctor.
Effective means from nasal congestionNasal congestion is a phenomenon that every person periodically discovers. Many people do not attach special importance to this process, but it can cause serious complications. Therefore, it is important, as soon as possible to correctly choose the effective remedy for nasal congestion. The medical preparation should be prescribed only by a specialist, since the individual characteristics of the sick person must be taken into account.
Selection of vasoconstrictorSelf-administration of the medication against congestion - emergency actions aimed at temporary relief of nasal breathing. Now there are a lot of drugs for nasal congestion, so each person will certainly find the most suitable and effective for himself. Nasal congestion occurs as a result of puffiness of the blood vessels of the mucous membrane, so it is advisable to use drugs aimed at narrowing the vessels. The most effective vasoconstrictor drops and sprays are traditionally considered such drugs:
Of course, there are many other vasoconstrictors, but the drugs from this list are appointed by the majority otolaryngoles, because they quickly improve nasal breathing without causing serious side effects. effects. However, when choosing a vasoconstrictor medication, it is important to know their drawback - the occurrence of addiction to the active substance. For this reason, nasal drugs from this pharmacological group are not recommended for use for more than 3 days, although some of them are prescribed for a doctor, and can be used up to 7 days.
In addition to drops or spray from nasal congestion, you can take and tablets that have one advantage over nasal preparations - they can be taken much longer without harm for health. But, if the sprays or drops sometimes the patient can choose independently, tablets to accept without doctor's appointment is strictly prohibited.
Nasopharyngeal washoutWhen the question is raised, how to cure nasal congestion, physicians argue that a mandatory therapeutic action in the case of mucus in the nasopharynx, should be a washing procedure. Most of these products are made on the basis of sea water or a solution of sea salt, their application has a positive effect on the nasopharynx:
- deeply cleanses the nasal cavity;
- removes microparticles of dust or other allergens;
- removes puffiness;
- reduces the inflammatory process;
- increases the protective function of the mucosa.
It is important to know how to properly carry out the procedure of washing the nose to improve nasal breathing, and not to harm the body. The head should be kept inclined so that the nostril that is washed is on top. Also, water poured into the nostril must pass through the second nostril or exit through the mouth, only then the nasopharynx will be thoroughly washed. When the therapy is completed, it is necessary to blow off the remnants of the liquid from the nose. Experts argue that the benefit of washing will be only if the nose is built up from thickened mucus, and not from an inflammatory process that has formed in the nose for other reasons.
The rinse solution can be prepared independently, per liter of water, taking a spoonful of sea salt, or by buying a special remedy for nasal congestion in the pharmacy. Otolaryngologists usually appoint their patients "Aquamaris "Salin "Akvalor "Humer". They are convenient in the treatment of congestion in young children, since the overdose of the drug is excluded, special restrictors are installed on the bottles.
Inhalation vs. obstructionCure nasal congestion can help influence the nasopharynx of the vapor. During this period it is useful to take a warm shower, inhaling steam, and also to carry out inhalations with the use of medicinal herbs and medical preparations. It is useful to do inhalation with nasal congestion with the addition of essential oils - pine needles, tea tree, mint, eucalyptus. Usually, these procedures are carried out using a nebulizer, but if there is not such a special device, you can conduct therapy by heating the water in a pan or bowl and adding a couple of drops of oil. More effect will be if you mix several oils, but you can apply them separately. Do not forget that in medical practice the beneficial effect of massage on nasal breathing has long been known. Therefore, oil can still be used, massaging the wings of the nose. Specialists recommend also to breathe vapors of essential oil by dripping it onto a napkin, or simply by spreading a patch of skin under the nose.
Do not neglect the ancient method - to breathe over boiled potatoes, wrapped in a blanket. In this way, you can also breathe garlic, which, probably, is known to many for its medicinal properties.
Doing inhalations nebulizer with nasal congestion, you can use herbal infusions and infusions - herbs of eucalyptus, calendula, chamomile, sage, thyme and some other herbs. If the room is dry air, it is advisable to use an air humidifier, however it is not necessary abuse this device, since high humidity is also dangerous to human health, as well as excessive dry air.
Traditional methods of treatment
To get rid of zalozhennosti it is possible not only medical preparations, but also some means of traditional medicine. In the people for the treatment of the nasopharynx, for many years, herbal decoctions and infusions, juices of plants, vegetables and fruits, ointments and balsams prepared on their basis are actively used. If the nose has pawned, regardless of whether the adult or the child, it is worth using such a means:
- For a long time in the treatment of inflammatory processes that occur in the nasopharynx, the Kalanchoe juice is used. Adults, if there is no allergy or hypersensitivity to this plant, you can drip the juice in undiluted form 3 times a day for 2 drops in each nasal passage. For children, such a medicine must be diluted with water. Aloe juice also has the same effect, in addition, it also promotes the healing and repair of damaged cells of the mucous membrane, so it can be added to the aloe juice. And the property of Kalanchoe, which causes a sneeze in a person, makes it possible to release the nose from microbes.
- To this end, the root of valerian also helps. To prepare the medicine, a spoonful of ground root of this plant should be mixed with half a glass of vegetable oil, preferably olive oil, and insist in a dark place for a week. Strain and drip 7 days for 2 drops before going to bed.
- Effective with zalozhennosti is the mutton fat. It is necessary to take a sterilely clean cotton swab, dab it in mutton fat and lubricate the nasal cavity well. This procedure should be carried out at night.
- Eliminate the problem of obstructed nasal breathing will also help such a warming agent from nasal congestion as a boiled egg. Warm up the nose for 10 minutes. Instead of an egg, you can use warm salt, wrapped in cloth.
Timely performed therapeutic actions will help to get rid of stuffy nose, improving nasal breathing, and, thus, not allowing the development of serious complications.
What pills help with colds
Often the common cold is accompanied by a plentiful rhinitis, which is an inflammation of the nasal mucosa. Its causative agents are various pathogens, and its causes can be hypothermia and polluted environment. His viscous or liquid mucus blocks the intake of air through the nose and the person has to breathe through the nose, which is doubly dangerous if he has a progression of the airway disease. Rhinitis is often accompanied by headaches, and the patient can not think of anything else, except to get rid of it in the shortest possible time.
The usual means of rhinitis are sprays and drops in the nose, but more effective and quick-acting remain tablet forms of drugs.
They come in several groups:
- antiviral- able to eliminate various viruses with many colds;
- antibiotics- destroying all bacteria in the nasopharynx;
- homeopathic- Initiate protective - immune processes of the body and have a general strengthening effect;
- anti-inflammatory- neutralize allergic reactions.
Tablets for nasal congestion
There are a lot of antiviral drugs in capsules, we will quote the most popular tablets from the common cold and nasal congestion, which deserve positive reviews:
- Arbidol- most often used to treat rhinitis. Its effect on the body is not sufficiently studied, but the effectiveness is proved by rapid recovery. It can be used as the main remedy for any complex therapy, but can be used for prevention purposes. Its active ingredient is a component derived from ethyl ether, more precisely, its carboxylic acid. On sale can occur under the name Umifenovir. The drug is able to prevent the contact of the viral pathogen with healthy cells of the body, while stimulating the fight of the immune system with the disease. Contraindications include: children under two years of age and individual intolerance of its components. The tableted form in a package of 20 pieces costs 250 rubles. The reference describes the effective treatment of the common cold in children by other methods.
- CobwebComplex preparation. It is based on two active components: phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride and chlorpheniramine maleate. The medicine has at once a triple action: vasoconstrictive, antiallergic and antipyretic. In combination with other drugs, it can significantly reduce the course of the disease. But with all its good sides, this drug can not be used: children under 12, pregnant women, women during lactation, patients with hypertension and coronary heart disease. Drugs from the common cold in pregnancy are listed under the link. Often used inhalation during pregnancy with a cold. When glaucoma, bronchial asthma and diabetes mellitus, it should be drunk with extreme caution, after consulting a specialist. Buy the drug can be in pharmacies for 150 rubles.
In addition to tablets, you can use other methods. It describes the treatment of nasal congestion with folk remedies. Here the causes of the phenomenon are described, when lays ns without a cold.
From an allergic rhinitis
- Rinoprint- a combined agent, in which there are just two active ingredients: carbinoxamine and phenylephrine. Thanks to the first substance, the drug acts as an antihistamine and antiallergic medicine, and the content of the second helps to narrow the vessels and remove the swelling of the nasal mucosa. Its action lasts from 10 to 12 hours, during this disappears rhinitis, burning in the eyes and a headache. Contraindications in its use are the following: high blood pressure, increased individual perception of the components of the drug, pregnancy and lactation. 10 capsules of this medicine cost 260 rubles.
- Cetrinconsists of the main active ingredient cetirizine dihydrochloride and auxiliary ingredients: corn starch, lactose, magnesium stearate and povidone. Thanks to them, the drug is able to prevent and eliminate allergic reactions. Relieve itching and soothe the mucous membranes of the nose. It can be given to one-year-old crumbs. They need to drink them on, mg 2 times a day. Children under six years of age the same dosage. Adults and children from the age of six If you have a small child, then by reference you can read how to treat a runny nose in a child for up to a year. Cetrin should be taken at 5 ml twice daily or 10 mg - once. It has almost no contraindications, but in some cases, there may be side effects in the form of drowsiness, headache, dry mouth, tachycardia, changes in taste and arterial hypertension. The cost of 20 tablets is 170 rubles.
They can consist of anything, the main thing is that this substance is derived from natural nature and used in the preparation in small doses. This is the basis for the effect of homeopathic medicines.
- Sinupret- a cure for sinusitis, sinusitis and other complex diseases associated with the common cold. It is made on the basis of natural herbs: elder, leaves of sorrel, inflorescences of primrose, verbena and gentian root. The listed components are able to normalize the viscosity of the mucus to be released, to ensure its fastest withdrawal. They will remove the swelling of the nasal passages and bring immunity into action. The duration of treatment will be at least a week, and a maximum of two. Thanks to the herbal composition, this medicine has virtually no contraindications, and side effects rarely appear. 50 pieces of its green dragees can be purchased for 370 rubles.
- Corysalproduced in the French "Laboratory Boiron". This product contains the following ingredients: belladonna, chenocaulon, onion, sleep-grass, virgin jasmine, lumbago and potassium bichromicum. The drug reduces the body's manifestation of inflammatory processes, is involved in the elimination of allergic and viral colds. The tablet of this remedy can not be swallowed, for better absorption it should be rinsed. Corysis works effectively at the first signs of rhinitis. It can be given to children who have reached the age of two. For babies up to six years old, it is better to pre-dissolve the tablet in water. The course of treatment with this drug is designed for five days. Over a day, you can not use more than 12 tablets in case of acute manifestation of the disease. Its usual daily dose is 6 pieces. They should be drunk one hour before a meal. Contraindications include individual sensitivity. Pregnant women should take this medicine only with the permission of the doctor. The cost of 40 tablets Korizalia is 220 rubles.
- Cinnabsin- a potent drug, which is used for inflammation of the nasal passages. The main active ingredient is cinnabaris. Excipients are - Canadian yellow cherry, potassium dichromate, echinacea, lactose monohydrate, wheat starch and magnesium stearate.Thanks to such a strong composition, the drug can exert a depressing effect on the symptom of the disease, and also eliminate headache, tearing and stuffiness of the nose.It has a soft, but at the same time complex effects on the body and can effectively fight inflammatory diseases of the nasopharynx. Suitable for children from 6 years, it is given to them every hour, but for a day you can not drink more than eight times. As for young children, the remedy for a cold in the newborn is described by reference. Adults have the same application, only their daily limit is 12 times. Contraindications: individual intolerance to the ingredients of the drug and a disease called celiac disease, which causes intolerance of wheat products. The packaging of Cinnabsin contains 100 tablets, which can be purchased for 800 rubles.
The usual treatment of external signs of a cold with drops or sprays is not always able to eliminate the cause of their occurrence. Tablets, unlike them act in a complex way: they quickly eliminate rhinitis, and also stimulate the speedy recovery of the body by affecting its immune system. With them, the treatment is more effective also thanks to the clearly measured active ingredient contained in each individual capsule. With volatile drugs this will not work. Perhaps you also need information on how to treat the common cold at home. If the runny nose is lingering, then read about the symptoms and treatment of chronic rhinitis in adults. Here you will find information on how to cure a cold very quickly.
- Tatiana, 32 years old: «For the first time, she began to give her homeopathic remedy "Corizalia" to her child in six months. They gave us an ENT. We were treated with an antibiotic, and he even strengthened the rhinitis. Therefore, together with him, this remedy was appointed. The first day we drank it every hour, and then in two hours another four days. I took one tablet and dissolved in warm water of a small amount. The child drank all at once. The effect from the application is visible already on the second day. Later, I even took these pills myself when I started rhinitis. Saw them, like a child. My nose did not leave a trace on the second day. I believe that this is an excellent remedy for the common cold. His package (40 pieces) is enough for one course of treatment. The medicine can be used separately, without other medicines. If this is done in the early stages, the effect will not take long to wait. "
- Alexandra, 26 years old:"This year, my baby, I thought, fell, until I saw and earned a bump that increased in size right before my eyes. I went to the emergency room with complete horror, and it turned out that she did not fall, and this was bitten by a mosquito and an allergic reaction went. It never entered my head that there were such reactions to mosquito bites. The doctor prescribed "Tsetrin" for us, calculated the dose for her age, and we took it twice a day. But after the first reception the cone began to drop noticeably, and the itch stopped, the daughter did not comb it any more. The drug was 12 hours, then again gave the child to drink this remedy. Two days later, the lump fell asleep, and the forehead became the same. Therefore, I am delighted with this remedy. "
- Alena, 38 years old:"I learned about Sinupret two years ago, and during this time our family was very used to it. No runny nose can not do without the treatment of this herbal medicine. For the first time the check of this remedy took place during the treatment of my daughter, who at that time was three years old. As a result of a protracted runny nose, her adenoids have greatly increased. The mucus ran down over them and did not go out through the nose. Lor ordered us Sinupret tablets. I was very surprised that the medicine for rhinitis is not being buryed, but taken orally. But then I did not know that the tablets are much stronger than the sprays. I gave my daughter one tablet of medicine and immediately asked her to wash her with a sweet warm raspberry tea. She drank it for a week. But the very next day after taking the medicine, the cold gotten smaller, because in the morning the mucus left itself directly from the nose. The medicine was very happy after that and now we drink it with the whole family for colds. "