Trophic ulcer - a disease caused by the rejection of dying tissues, resulting in an open wound of the skin. This ulcer develops in parallel with other diseases, such as varicose veins, eczema, venous insufficiency. This disease usually affects the lower extremities. How to look trophic ulcers on the legs can be seen in the photo, the initial stage has pronounced symptoms.
- Symptoms of the disease
- Photo of a trophic ulcer
- Causes of the disease
- Types of trophic ulcers on the legs
- Hypertensive ulcers
- Piogenic ulcers
- Treatment of the disease
- Complications of leg injuries
- Preventive actions
What foods dilute blood and prevent thrombosis Treatment of trophic ulcers of the lower extremities Rapid and effective treatment of trophic ulcers on the leg Treatment of trophic ulcers of the lower extremities What foods dilute blood and prevent thrombosis
Symptoms of the disease
There are such signs of the initial stage of trophic ulcers on the leg:
- pain and burning sensation of the skin;
- the appearance of swelling on the legs;
- venous expansion;
- heaviness in the lower limbs when walking;
- sudden convulsions.
What does the disease look like in the initial stage (see photo)? The appearance of seizures begins to be accompanied by visual changes. The skin on the legs begins to change color, becomes blue or purple. There is increased humidity in the legs as a result of the passage of lymph fluid through the skin. At the end of time, the wound that has appeared begins to fester.
It is important to know!If the usual wound on the leg does not disappear within 1 month is a trophic ulcer! It is required to immediately contact a specialist who will find out the cause of the onset of the disease and prescribe the correct treatment.
Photo of a trophic ulcer
Causes of the disease
Prerequisites for the disease can serve as such factors:
- violations in the arterial and venous circulation;
- mechanical influence on the skin, trophic ulcers of the lower extremities can provoke a burn or frostbite;
- poisoning with highly toxic substances;
- dermatitis, eczema;
- deterioration of the local circulation as a result of prolonged immobility.
Important!When diagnosing a disease, the disease that caused ulcers plays a very important role! Thus, the specialist will be able to prescribe the right treatment.
Types of trophic ulcers on the legs
Depending on the cause of the appearance of the disease, there are such types:
The defeat of this species arises from atherosclerosis, in which the work of the main arteries is disrupted. The cause of development is usually severe hypothermia, up to frostbite. The location of the ulcer is most often the area of the foot, the big toe, the heel. A person is always cold, quickly overworked, the affected leg starts to hurt at night. If you do not treat this type of disease at an initial stage, then the educated wounds begin to spread all over the foot and fester.
Usually appear from the inside of the shin. The occurrence is associated with a complication of varicose veins. What does the trophic ulcer look like in the initial stage? The initial stage is accompanied by puffiness of the gastrocnemius, the appearance of convulsions at night, a venous network is formed, the skin color changes. If you do not start treatment, then the development of the disease will progress - to affect not only the skin, but also tendons, muscles. Pus begins to stand out with a pungent odor. Improperly selected treatment can lead to more serious illnesses.
Read it!Details on the treatment of trophic ulcers on the leg quickly and effectively.
With diabetes mellitus, there are many concomitant diseases, including diabetic ulcers. The initial stage is characterized by the death of nerve cells, resulting in loss of sensation of the legs. Mostly the big toes are affected. The danger of this type of disease is the susceptibility to various kinds of infections, resulting in the development of gangrene followed by amputation.
The appearance is caused by severe injuries to the head or spine. Most often, the lateral surface of the foot is affected. The size of education is insignificant in appearance, but very deep. The wound begins to rapidly fester.
The most common type of disease. It is a consequence of constantly high blood pressure. Women mostly suffer after 40 years. The initial stage of trophic ulcers on the foot of this type is characterized by a change in the color of the skin and a slight swelling. If the disease is not treated for a long time, then small wounds appear, the amount of which is intensively increased. It is accompanied by strong intolerable pains.
Prerequisites for the appearance may be skin diseases and a decrease in the immune system. Most often this type of disease affects people who do not follow the rules of hygiene.
Important to remember!Regardless of the cause of appearance and appearance, treatment of the disease should be started in the early stages! After all, an appeal to a doctor with a severe form of the disease can lead to fatal consequences.
Treatment of the disease
How to treat formed wounds? The fight against the disease is divided into 3 stages:
- Conservative treatment. Treatment of a trophic ulcer of an initial stage consists in elimination of symptoms of disease. For this, the following drugs are used: Actovegil, Tocopherol, Solcoseryl and their analogues.
- Local treatment. To begin with, it is necessary to work on the disease, which was the cause of the lesion of the lower extremities. Then the treatment should be directed at eliminating the infection, getting rid of dead tissue and affecting the wound. For such activities, antibacterial drugs (Furacilin, Chlorhexidine), broad spectrum antibiotics, anti-allergenic medicines (Suprastin, Tavegil), compresses with therapeutic ointments (Levomikol, Dioksikol) are used.
- Surgical intervention. Indication for this type of treatment is the extensive spread of ulcers along the lower extremities with a high degree of severity. The operation is the elimination of ulcers and surrounding necrotic tissues. The second stage is the operation on the veins.
Important to remember!Operative intervention can be avoided due to rapid response at the initial stage of the disease!
Complications of leg injuries
Later, an appeal to a doctor can have serious, even fatal consequences:
- disability, disability;
- the emergence of infectious diseases;
- deterioration of the skin.
Therefore, such wounds should be disposed of as quickly as possible, do not ignore their appearance.
Important!How to treat trophic ulcers of the lower extremities with drugs, you can find out here.
The main preventive measure is the timely treatment of diseases that cause the appearance of trophic ulcers. And also it is necessary to adhere to such rules:
- abstaining from heavy physical work, especially for women;
- to lead a mobile way of life;
- wear elastic bandage during the period of exacerbation of varicose veins;
- proper nutrition;
- refusal of cigarettes and alcohol;
- avoid injury;
- choose only comfortable shoes for everyday wear.
It should also be remembered that after a complete cure of the disease, reappearance happens quite often. Therefore it is important to follow the recommendations of the doctor during the recovery period. It is obligatory to engage in therapeutic gymnastics to maintain the vessels in a state of elasticity. And also treat the site of damage with moisturizing and bactericidal agents.