Both young and old people need to periodically monitor their blood pressure. And not always cardiovascular diseases are companions of old age.
It is very convenient, quick and easy to know your pulse and pressure can be using a wrist blood pressure monitor.
- 1 Principle of operation, pluses and minuses
- 2 What to look for and how to choose
- 3 Possible additional functions
- 4 How to use: instructions for use
- 5 Overview of the best models
- 5.1 OMRON R5 Prestige
- 5.2 AND UB-202
- 5.3 NISSEIWS-1000
- 6 Average prices, frequently asked questions and answers
Principle of operation, pluses and minuses
Compared to a classic device that is attached to the shoulder and has a built-in stethoscope, the wrist's e compact .In addition to the fact that such a meter performs its main function - it determines the indices of arterial pressure, and with its help it is possible to determine the pulse rate.
Pros of the wrist blood pressure monitor:
- Portability .A meter that is only slightly larger than a hand watch can be easily transported with you and used on the road.
- The accuracy of the indicators.
- The ability to compare data and determine the dynamics of changes.
Cons of the wrist blood pressure monitor:
- Cuff length .The bracelet at the device, as a rule, has a length not exceeding 21 cm. Therefore it is rather difficult to use such a gauge to full people, children or owners of a very wide wrist.
- Age limit for the .Since the walls of the vessels in the wrist area become less elastic with age, for older people, the wrist-type tonometer is not particularly suitable - the accuracy of the measurement will be low.
What to look for and how to choose
In order not to make a mistake in choosing an electronic or hand tonometer on your wrist and determine which model suits you best, you should pay attention to the following:
- Directivity and functionality of .For the elderly, pregnant women, children or athletes, they are distinguished by a set of functions.
- Warranty period .Any device has its own warranty period, but the manufacturers of better models it is not lower, and sometimes even above 5 years. If the warranty period specified by the manufacturer is 1-2 years or less, then it is worth noting such a purchase.
- The length of the cuff .If you own a non-standard wrist width, then this fact should be taken into account first.
- Accuracy of measurements .There is every meter. Its value is indicated in the description or the passport of the device.
- Price .Depends, in many respects, on what additional functions the meter has. If it is needed only to periodically monitor the indicators, then you can give up unnecessary "lotions" and choose an inexpensive device.
Additional options available
Important functions that can occur in wrist pressure meters include the following:
- The combination of the automatic and mechanical principle of the .Some budget models have the ability to self-adjust the indicators of pressure build-up.
Number of cells in the memory. This function is responsible for the ability of the device to store measurement data. The larger the amount of memory, the easier it will be to track the dynamics of the change in indicators.
This function is indispensable for those who suffer from cardiovascular diseases.
- Intelligent Helpers and Systems. Older people sometimes find it hard to learn how to use different techniques. In order to avoid difficulties, in some models you can configure voice assistance.
- Presence of hours, alarm clock, calendar .Not always necessary and important functions, but for those who, due to circumstances, must constantly monitor the pulse, and also is out of the house, they can come in handy.
- Indicators of the .Indicators of arrhythmia, the correct position of the hand during the measurement, motion sensors - all this is responsible for the accuracy of the data. If you do something wrong when removing the indicators, you will be immediately notified of this by a special signal.
How to use: instructions for use
How to measure pressure with a portable tonometer on your wrist? The algorithm of use is simple and consists in the following:
- It is necessary to get the device out of the package, to include it.
- Wear on the wrist of the left hand, tighten the cuff tightly so that it is firmly pressed to the wrist and does not spin. It is more convenient to measure pressure by turning the display on the inside of the hand.
- Attach a bent left arm to the middle of the chest( where the heart is located).
- Wait for a while. As a rule, many models give a sound signal that the measurements are made and fixed. The waiting time is usually not more than 30 seconds.
- Lock the reading and remove the cuff.
What do doctors say about wrist blood pressure monitors? Look at the video:
Overview of the best models
OMRON R5 Prestige
Not the most budget model, but the has many additional features of the .It is fully automatic, has a memory of up to 180 measurements. The standard length cuff is up to 21.5 cm.
itself determines the accuracy of the measurements, and if an error occurs during the measurement, the meter will automatically cancel all the indicators and will measure until the result is accurate and stable.
The average price in Russia is from 5700 to 6900 rubles.
Applies to middle-price devices, of the additional functions in it is the , the presence of the WHO scale and the arrhythmia indicator .This wrist-type automatic wrist tonometer has a memory of up to 90 measurements.
The cuff of standard length is up to 21.5 cm. Compared to other models, one of the lightest is 102 g. The manufacturer positions its goods as mobile and compact, suitable for young people, leading an active image.
The average price in Russia is from 2300 to 3500 rubles .
Is semi-automatic, i.e. , the inflation pressure in the cuff is manually adjusted by the .Such a device is a budget, additional functions, except for the simultaneous indication of arterial indices and pulse, does not.
Capable of storing up to 30 measurements. The cuff of standard length is up to 21.5 cm, but its minimum value, unlike other models, is 12.5 cm. The device can also be used for adolescents. Works only on batteries.
The average price in Russia is from 1500 to 2200 rubles .
Average prices, frequently asked questions and answers
- When is it better to take readings with a tonometer on your wrist?
Measure blood pressure in a comfortable environment, 1-2 hours after eating, drinking or smoking. The cuff should be located on the left hand.
- Which is better to choose a tonometer on the wrist: semi-automatic and automatic?
There is no fundamental difference, but if the maximum simplicity and speed of measurement is important for you, then choose automatic.
- What is the advantage of such a wrist device compared to the same mechanical shoulder?
A mechanical device is not always convenient to use on its own, after all, only a doctor can accurately take readings. In addition, it is not suitable for people with poor hearing. Such a meter is small in size and much easier to use: it will do everything for you.
Summing up the above, we can say that the wrist blood pressure monitor is a very useful and useful thing. If you do not belong to those who can not use such a device due to age or some physical characteristics, you can safely buy it - without a case it will not be lying exactly.