1Cathadolone - instructions for use, composition, dosage and side effects of the drug
- 1.1What is the Catadolon
- 1.2Composition of the Catadolone
- 1.3Form of production of Catarol
- 1.4How to take Cataractolone
- 1.5Instructions for using the Cataladol
- 1.6Side effects
- 1.8Compatibility of Cada dalon and alcohol
- 1.10Price of the Catadolon
- 1.11: What Coadolone Tablets Are From
2Cathadolone tablets: instructions for use, analogues
- 2.1Forms of release
- 2.2Capsule composition
- 2.5Excretion from the body
- 2.8Instructions for use and dosage
- 2.9Catadolone Retard (tablets): dosage
- 2.10Side effects
- 2.12Interaction with other drugs
- 2.13Catadolon during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- 2.14special instructions
- 2.17average price
- 2.18Feedback on application
- 2.19Reference No. 2
- 2.20Review No. 3
- 2.21Review No. 4
3Catadolone: instructions for use, price, analogues (tablets and capsules)
- 3.1Indications for use
- 3.6special instructions
- 3.7Side effects
- 3.8The price of tablets and capsules
4"Catadolon instructions for use, price and reviews. Analog "Catadolon"
- 4.1Packaging, form of release, composition
- 4.2Pharmacological action of the drug
- 4.3Principle of action of the medicinal product
- 4.4Pharmacokinetics of medicament
- 4.5"Catadolon" preparation: indications for use
- 4.6Contraindications to the use of the medicine
- 4.7Method of use of the medicinal product
- 4.8An overdose of a drug
- 4.9Adverse reactions after taking the drug
- 4.10Drug Interactions
- 4.11special instructions
- 4.12"Catadolon" preparation: analogues, reviews, price
Cathadolone - instructions for use, composition, dosage and side effects of the drug
When from intolerable pain as a result of trauma, diseases of joints or oncology, a person does not know where to get to, medicines come to the aid.
One of the preparations is Catadolone - the instruction for its use stipulates the necessary dose for the patient, the method of taking, contra-indications for treatment.
It is advisable to understand and understand when the medicine is effective, what the principle of action is, whether it has cheap analogs.
What is the Catadolon
This drug, related to non-narcotic, has unique properties - it stops pains of a diverse nature.
A catadolon is a medicine, the use of which is not addictive, addictive.
According to the instructions, the main active substance - flupirtine - has a multifaceted effect:
- Analgesic - removes pain from the lungs to the intolerable;
- muscle relaxant - reduces muscle tone without changing muscle strength.
This means represents a new class of drugs - refers to selective activators of potassium channels of neurons. Clinical studies have demonstrated the neuroprotective properties of the drug:
- Keep nerve structures from the poisonous effect of large concentrations of calcium ions inside cells;
- stabilize the membrane potential - erase the memory of pain, reduce sensitivity to it;
- to adapt brain structures to emerging pathologies due to inhibition - inhibition of NMDA receptor activity;
- improve the ability of neurons to carry out impulses.
The drug according to the instructions has many contraindications - the application should be strictly according to the doctors' prescription. The medicine gives a real effect in chronic, acute pain. Use shown in case of occurrence:
- muscle spasms;
- pathologies of the joints;
- constant non-disabling pain;
- post-traumatic syndromes;
- malignant neoplasms.
Frequent indications for the use of the Catadolon are painful conditions of varying degrees, diseases:
- pain in orthopedic operations;
- surgical practice;
- lesions of the plexus of the lumbosacral section;
- traumatologic interventions;
- pain in the spine;
- pathology of the hip joint.
Composition of the Catadolone
The instruction stipulates that the active substance of the drug is flupirtine maleate. All other components depend on the release form. Capsules Catadolon Retard have in the composition of the substance:
- calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate;
- magnesium stearate;
- colloidal silicon dioxide;
- sodium lauryl sulfate;
- iron oxide;
- titanium dioxide;
- distilled water.
The drug in tablets contains the same active active ingredient. The rest of the composition of the Forte Catadolon has a difference, it includes substances:
- copolymer of methyl methacrylate and ethyl acrylate;
- calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate;
- croscarmellose sodium;
- magnesium stearate;
- crystalline cellulose;
- colloidal silicon dioxide anhydrous;
- iron oxide.
Form of production of Catarol
The instruction specifies the form of release of the drug for use against painful symptoms. The cost of the drug will depend on the number of blisters in the package. The drug is released in capsules that:
- have a gelatinous shell of red color;
- inside a yellow or yellow-green powder;
- packing medicine - packs of cardboard;
- each blister contains 10 capsules;
- the quantity in the package is from ten to fifty.
The form of the release of Cagedolone in tablets has its own characteristics:
- biconvex pills;
- yellow color;
- various inclusions are allowed;
- the form of the tablet is oval;
- on the one hand, is at risk;
- Packing - sealed blisters, made of aluminum foil, polyvinyl chloride;
- each contains seven, ten or fourteen tablets;
- all packed in cardboard boxes.
How to take Cataractolone
The instruction describes in detail the use of different forms of the drug. There are rules for taking medication. Should be considered:
- treatment should not take more than two weeks;
- Doses to the patient are selected individually;
- taking the drug should be carried out in an upright position;
- the duration of treatment is determined by the doctor in accordance with the dynamics, intensity of pain, the patient's sensitivity to flupirtine.
Take Kadadolon recommended inside, at regular intervals, regardless of food. The maximum daily dose of flupirtine is 600 mg, for patients aged after 65 years - 300 mg, with liver pathologies - 200 mg. In accordance with the form of release:
- capsules - washed down with water, not chewing, dose - 3 pieces per day, with intense pains - two;
- tablets - use the same, one per day, the maximum dosage can not exceed 400 mg.
Instructions for using the Cataladol
To each package with a medicinal product, an instruction is enclosed, in which the quantitative composition of the substances, the form of release, the features of the action of the medicinal product are stipulated. The need was noted for long-term use in patients:
- with reduced renal function, monitor the concentration of creatinine in the urine;
- to avoid problems with the liver, identify early symptoms of pathologies, perform an analysis of hepatic enzyme activity;
- if necessary, to regulate their condition;
- monitor all signs of liver damage.
The instruction of the Catadolon stipulates the action of the agent within the body:
- after use, the drug is almost completely absorbed into the digestive tract;
- there are two phases of the reaction;
- forms in the liver metabolites - p-fluoroghipric acid, acetyl-metabolite;
- at the end of the process, the main part is excreted from the body by the kidneys;
- the rest comes out with feces, bile.
Instructions for the use of the Catalan specify the following points:
- the maximum concentration of the active substance flupirtine in the blood plasma is commensurate with the accepted dose;
- if the medicine is taken in large quantities, urine is colored green - this is not defined as pathology;
- the appearance of adverse reactions requires correction of treatment;
- At reception it is necessary to limit use of motor transport, work with complex mechanisms;
- the drug enhances the effect of sedatives, anticoagulants, alcohol;
- if necessary, treatment for lactation - to suspend feeding.
The instructions for use indicate the side effects of the agent and possible effects on the systems and organs of the human body.
Only a doctor, based on the characteristics of the patient's body, concomitant diagnoses, can make a choice in favor of drug treatment.
During application, there is a risk of reactions:
- state of anxiety;
- loss of appetite;
When an overdose of the drug - the use of high doses - there may be symptoms: tachycardia, confused consciousness. Side effects of the Catadolone are observed:
- deterioration of vision;
- sleep disturbance;
- dry mouth;
- pain in the stomach;
- increased sweating;
- skin rash;
- liver failure.
It is unacceptable to self-medicate with this drug, only the doctor can prescribe the application, given the contraindications set forth in the instructions. If used improperly, you can cause serious harm to the body. You can not use the Catadolon if you have:
- violations of liver function;
- renal failure;
- sensitivity to the components of the agent;
- ringing in the ears;
- diseases of the gallbladder.
There are contraindications to the Catadolone for use in elderly patients. It is necessary to exclude the treatment of patients who have not reached the age of 18 - it is possible to provoke the backwardness of children's development. Prohibited, according to the instructions, the use of the drug in the case of:
- the use of drugs that affect the central nervous system;
- chronic alcoholism;
- myasthenia gravis;
- manifestations of allergy.
Compatibility of Cada dalon and alcohol
The instruction stipulates a strict prohibition on the use of the drug simultaneously with alcohol-containing substances. Compatibility of the Catadolone and alcohol is unacceptable.
Treatment is two weeks, during which to refrain from eating will not be a problem. Contraindication is associated with an increase in the negative reaction of alcohol production when interacting with the drug.
This can lead to unpleasant consequences:
- loss of coordination;
If a Catadolone is required for treatment, the instruction for its use stipulates the possibility of using analogues that will be inexpensive. There are many drugs that have a similar pharmacological effect. Doctors can designate an analog of the Catadolon cheaper:
- Tramundine retard;
It is permissible to use the analogues of Catadolone, containing flupirtine - Sinmeton, Akupan, Nefopam, as prescribed by the doctor. Have action analgesics drugs:
- Акупан-Биокодекс - application after operations, at patients' teeth is shown;
- Nefopam - effective in childbirth, injuries, joint pathologies;
- Sinmeton - relieves pain in rheumatoid arthritis;
- Dimethyl sulfoxide - helps with sprains, bruises, purulent wounds, swelling;
- Ketonal - relieves pain, inflammation in case of arthritis, myalgia, sciatica;
- Ketorolac - works with neurology, rheumatism, trauma.
Price of the Catadolon
You can buy Catadolon in pharmacies. The preparation is replaced if necessary by analogues.
There is an easy way - to order a tool through catalogs, to buy in an online store.
The cost depends on the dosage, the amount of medicine in the package, the manufacturer. The average price of the Catadolone and its analogs is in rubles:
|A drug||Form of issue||Amount||Price, р.|
|Fortale catalaton, 400 mg||Pills||7||980|
|Cataladon Retard, 400 mg||14||540|
|Cathadolone, 100 mg||Capsules||10||490|
|Akupan-Biocodex||Ampoules for injection, 2 ml||5||510|
|Ketonal, 50 mg||Capsules||25||110|
|Dexalgin, 25 mg||Pills||10||300|
: What Coadolone Tablets Are From
A source: http://sovets.net/11239-katadolon-instrukciya-po-primeneniyu.html
Cathadolone tablets: instructions for use, analogues
The drug belongs to the group of non-opioid analgesics of central action. Available in the form of hard gelatin capsules in brown color. Instructions for use Katalodon contains all useful information for the user about the drug.
Forms of release
The preparation is issued:
- in capsules of 100 mg;
- as well as in long-acting tablets (the volume of the active substance is 400 mg) - forte or retard.
In the middle of the capsule contains a white or slightly yellow powder. The main substance in the drug is flupirtine maleate. In one capsule it contains 100 mg. The auxiliary components are:
- calcium hydrophosphate;
- magnesium stearate;
- silicon dioxide colloidal.
The gelatin capsule shell consists of gelatin, water, red oxide, sodium lauryl sulfate. The product is produced in blisters of 10 tablets each.
Medication Catadolon has analgesic effect and refers to non-opioid analgesics of central action.
The main substance in the capsules flupirtine - refers to the selective activators of neutral potassium channels.
When taking a therapeutic dose, the drug does not bind to adrenoreceptors and cholinergic receptors.
Due to this action the drug has a pronounced analgesic property.
In the process of selective opening of neutral potassium channels with a joint release of potassium ions, the resting level of the neuron is normalized. It becomes less irritable and painful.
Cagedolone tablets in a short time relieve the patient of mild to moderate pain. Also, the drug has a muscle relaxant effect.
When ingested, the medicine is very fast and virtually completely absorbed into the digestive system.
Depending on the dose taken, the maximum concentration of the substance in the plasma is observed.
Almost one hundred percent of the drug is metabolized in the liver and forms active metabolites M1 and M2 there.
The active metabolite M1 is obtained as a result of hydrolysis of the urethane structure and further acetylation. This metabolite almost a quarter of a percent provides the analgesic effect of flupirtine. Metabolite M2 is produced in the process of vapor oxidation and its subsequent connection with glycine.
Excretion from the body
Half the drug is excreted from the body within 10 hours. This provides a stable and long analgesic effect. In general, the medicine is excreted by the kidneys.
Half comes out unchanged, another part of the volume - in the form of metabolite M1 and only a small part comes in the form of a metabolite M2. Also, a very scanty part leaves the body in an unexplored metabolic state..
It is noted that in a large percentage of the drug is excreted through stool and bile..
In patients in advanced age, after about 65 years, the process of excretion of the substance increases by several hours in a comparative measure with people of a young age. Therefore, the maximum plasma concentration of this drug is significantly increased in people of this age category.
Medication Catadolone is assigned to adult patients to eliminate acute pain of mild to moderate severity. It is also used for patients with acute and chronic pain syndrome of various origin.
Well helps with muscle and spasmodic pain. It is a pain syndrome in muscles and bones, neck and spine.
It is also prescribed for fibromyalgia, migraine, arthrosis and dysmenorrhea.
Doctors recommend taking medicine for patients with oncological pathologies, after orthopedic and traumatic surgeries.
You can not prescribe medicine for the following pathologies and diseases:
- liver disease;
- chronic alcoholism;
- recently cured ringing in the ears;
- increased sensitivity to the main substance or its components;
- children under 18;
- patients who have a history of propensity to develop renal encephalopathy;
- when taken together with drugs, which have a hepatotoxic effect;
- with caution is prescribed by doctors to the elderly;
During the treatment period, the vehicle should try to avoid driving and managing precise mechanisms.
Instructions for use and dosage
The capsule must be taken completely, not cracked and chewed. It is advisable to drink plenty of clean and warm water. In unusual cases, the medicine can be opened and taken inside.
This method is practiced by people with lactose intolerance, which is part of the gelatin capsule. Also, unconscious patients are dissolved in water and poured into the stomach through the probe.
To the mouth after taking the capsule did not have a bitter taste, it is recommended after a few minutes to eat a banana.
The dosage is set by the doctor. This takes into account the individual characteristics of the patient's body and the severity of pain.
In most cases, the dose is given at the rate of 1 capsule three or four times a day. It is best to divide the reception at regular intervals.
With very severe pain in patients after surgery or malignant tumors, the drug is dosed 2 capsules three times a day.
The maximum therapeutic dose should not exceed 6 capsules. Also, the course of treatment is no more than 14 days.
Catadolone Retard (tablets): dosage
Catadolon Retard differs in dosage - it is 4 times more than the dosage of the usual Catadolone. One tablet per day is taken.
Cathodolone 400 mg (such is the dosage form Retard) per day is used for muscle pain in the cervical spine.
Side effects can develop in almost all organs and systems of the body. The following departments are most affected by the changes in the work:
- Digestive system. There is diarrhea, nausea, vomiting. As possible such manifestations as heartburn, constipation, pain in epigastrium, flatulence, dry mouth.
- The immune system. The appearance of various kinds of allergic reaction and hypersensitivity to the drug.
- Nervous system. Sleep disturbance, stress, depression, confusion, irritability, migraine, dizziness.
- Visual impairment.
- The liver and biliary tract: hepatitis, renal failure, increased hepatic transaminases.
- Lack of appetite.
Side effects depend on the purpose of the therapeutic dose of the drug. In most cases, these symptoms pass on their own after the end of the medication.
Science knows only very rare cases of drug overdose, which was taken in a large dose with the goal of committing suicide. When taking a single dose of more than 500 mg of substance in a patient develops:
- dryness of mucous membranes;
- confusion of consciousness;
- a state of tearfulness.
The patient in this condition needs to wash the stomach, give an absorbent and drink the infusion therapy.
The patient needs to do a detailed blood test, which will show the results of the liver, heart and kidneys. Excessively increased dosage will adversely affect the work of all organs and systems.
Therefore, the treatment of symptoms with overdose Cathadol - the process is complex and long.
Interaction with other drugs
The catadolone is produced in Israel and has a dose of the main substance in one 400 mg tablet. The drug in complex application with ethanol, muscle relaxants and sedatives increases their effect.
Since flupirtine binds to proteins, this must be taken into account when using Cathodolone together with aspirin, diazepam, clonidine, which will enhance their effect on the body.
It is necessary to carry out weekly monitoring of liver samples when taking the drug with other groups of drugs that are also metabolized in the liver. It is not recommended to take Cathodolone together and such drugs as paracetamol and carbamazepine.
Catadolon during pregnancy and breastfeeding
There is no reliable data on how the drug affects the fetus. Based on the results of the animal studies, the drug has reproductive toxicity during pregnancy, but not teratogenicity.
The true risk to the fetus is not known. Therefore, it is not recommended to appoint Cathodolone when carrying the fetus..
If there is no vital indicator for this, when the benefit for the mother exceeds the potential risk for the child..
Scientific studies show that the main substance of the drug flipirtin in a small amount falls into the breast milk of a woman. After such obtained scientific results, it can be argued that it is impossible to apply the drug in lactation.
Cathodolone is best taken only in rare cases, when other painkillers do not have the proper effect.
As for patients with reduced renal function, it is necessary to monitor the creatinine in the biochemical blood test. For the elderly, after 65 years, the dosage of the drug should be adjusted.
When treating Cathodolone, you need to monitor the liver function once a week, otherwise liver failure may develop.
If the results of tests and clinical manifestations in a patient develop liver damage, then you must immediately cancel the medication.
At the beginning of the treatment, the doctor should warn the patient that when he has a lack of appetite, nausea, vomiting, dark urine - then this should be reported to a specialist.
Also, when taking large doses of medicine, urine can acquire a greenish tinge. Such symptoms do not speak of pathology.
During treatment with this remedy, the patient should avoid the management of transport and other mechanisms, since the drug causes drowsiness, dizziness and the development of other effects, which slows down attention. Especially it concerns patients who have an anamnesis of alcohol dependence. In the drugstore the drug is dispensed without a prescription.
The medicine should be stored in a dark and dry place at a temperature of no more than 30 degrees. Do not forget that the medicine has a strong analgesic property and can cause severe poisoning if overdosed.
Therefore, you should keep the medicine away from children for safety.
Analogues of the drug Kadadolon are also used to eliminate acute and chronic pain in various pathologies. They have the same composition as the original.
Basically, analogues are prescribed for pain in the spine, which is associated with spasm of the muscular system.
It is also widely used after traumatic and orthopedic surgeries.
It is better to take Cathodolone analogs in rare cases, when there is no positive therapeutic effect from anesthetic drugs of opioid effect..
Analogues of the drug are less expensive, and many patients prefer to choose their treatment with these drugs..
The main analogs of the pharmacological effect (means designed to stop pain syndromes) are:
The best structural analogue for the active substance is today considered to be Catadolone Forte, this drug is used in the same way as Retard.
- Cagedolone in capsules - 480 rubles;
- Katadolon Forte - 1060 rubles;
- Catadolon Retard - 890 rubles;
- Neurodolone - 340 rubles;
- Ketorol - 120 rubles;
- Flugesin - 73 rubles;
- Prosidol - 230 rubles.
Do not take this medicine and its analogues with other groups of painkillers. Prescribe treatment and establish dosage can only be a specialist. Self-medication can lead to serious complications and even to death. When taking analogs of a medicine, a liver failure may occur. If there are clinical symptoms of this disease, it is worth immediately contacting a doctor.
Feedback on application
Reference number 1
Tatiana, 22 years old - St. Petersburg
Reference No. 2
Oleg 34 years old - Харьков
Review No. 3
Alina 45 years old - Nizhny Novgorod
Review No. 4
Petr 34 years old - Rostov-on-Don
A source: https://glavvrach.com/katadolon/
Catadolone: instructions for use, price, analogues (tablets and capsules)
The catadolone is a powerful non-narcotic analgesic of the central action.
Available in the form of capsules with a dosage of 100 mg flupirtine and sustained release tablets at a dosage of 400 mg, the first part (100 mg) provides a rapid analgesic effect, the remaining 300 mg is gradually released, allowing the drug to act throughout days.
According to its biochemical effect, the drug is a unique activator of the potassium channels of neurons. In this case, the regulation of the membrane potential of a nerve cell occurs without the participation of systems alpha-adrenergic receptors, serotonin, cholinergic receptors, etc., which plays an important role in therapy neurological pathology.
In addition to analgesic action based on stabilization of the membrane potential and suppression excitation of the nerve cell in response to stimulation, the catadolone has a myorelaxing and neuroprotective actions.
Muscle relaxation is achieved by blocking the transmission of stimuli to motoneurons, which leads to a reduction in muscle spasm and, in part. Reducing pain as well.
Neuroprotection is carried out by protecting the nerve cell from the damaging effect of high concentrations of calcium.
Pharmacokinetics of the drug has its own characteristics. Flupirtine is quickly and well absorbed from the digestive tract.
The concentration of the substance in the blood plasma is proportional to the accepted dose of the drug.
Metabolism of the Catadolon occurs mainly in the liver (up to three-fourths of the entire dose) with the formation of active metabolites.
The half-life is 7-10 hours, the drug is excreted mainly in the urine, a certain amount is excreted unchanged, including bile.
With age, as a rule, the half-life is prolonged to 12-14 hours when taking the medication once and up to 18-19 hours with the course.
Indications for use
The indication for the use of the drug is the presence of a pain syndrome of various etiologies, namely:
- Painful muscle spasm, including fibromyalgia.
- Tension headaches.
- Oncopathology with pain syndrome.
- Violations of the menstrual cycle with painful phenomena.
- Post-traumatic neuropathic pain.
- Postoperative period.
Unfortunately, there are a number of limitations to the use of the Catadolone. Contraindications for use are the following conditions:
- Intolerance to the drug and its components.
- Diseases of the liver, including those carried by anamnesis.
- Gallstone disease with cholestasis.
- Myasthenic syndrome.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Children's age (up to 18 years).
Use with caution in older patients.
Dosages should be selected by a neurologist. Depends on the frequency of admission, as well as the choice in the appointment of the drug Catadolon or Catadolon forte from many parameters.
As a rule, therapy of the disease begins with the administration of the drug Kadadolon at 100 mg 3 times a day. With severe symptoms of the disease, the total daily dosage can reach 600 mg (200 mg 3 times a day).
In elderly patients, the start of therapy is a two-time intake of the drug at a dose of 100 mg twice a day. With insufficient analgesic effect and good tolerability of the drug, the total daily dose can be increased to three hundred mg..
In the case of using the drug Kadadolon forte, a single dose of 1 tablet is recommended in the morning..
The course of treatment is determined by the effectiveness of the drug, the severity of manifestations, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient and selected by the doctor. Long-term use of the drug is a reason for monitoring the basic biochemical parameters of the liver and kidneys.
Symptomatically, the overdose of Catadolone is manifested by nausea, worsening of the general condition, impaired consciousness, emotional lability, inhibition of psychomotor reactions.
Emergency assistance with an overdose of flupirtine is to rinse the stomach, prescribe adsorbents, carry out activities of forced diuresis. There is no specific antidote.
The cases of deliberate administration of flupirtine in a dose of about 5 grams (50 capsules or about 13 tablets of Catadolon forte) are described.
Symptoms were nausea, rapid heart rate, stupor, dry mouth.
After performing non-specific therapy, the patient's well-being improved, there was no threat to vital functions.
Full analogues of the drug Kadadolon does not yet exist on the market. You can choose drugs that have some of the properties of flupirtine, but this will not be a full replacement and in many cases will reduce the quality of treatment.
When receiving Cathadolone patients with a violation of the liver, kidneys it is important to monitor the relevant biochemical parameters of these organs.
It should be remembered the likely changes in the reactions to the content of bilirubin and its metabolites in urine, blood.
With prolonged use of the drug, especially in a high dose, the color of urine can turn into a greenish color.
Catadolone can potentially lead to a decrease in the rate of psychomotor reactions.
At the time of reception should limit driving by car, the implementation of other potentially hazardous activities.
It should also be remembered about the possible increase in sedation while taking with alcohol, muscle relaxants, soothing drugs..
In elderly patients, patients with a decrease in the level of total protein, patients with severe renal or hepatic insufficiency, the maximum daily dose should not exceed 200-300 mg, divided by 2-3 reception..
It is necessary to limit the simultaneous administration of Catadolone and other drugs that pass the metabolism in the liver. Particular attention in terms of therapy for neurological diseases is given to the joint administration of catadolone and finlepsin (carbamazepine), paracetamol.
The drug is safe enough and well tolerated. The main side effects are:
- Often and very common common weakness, fatigue, dizziness, problems from the digestive tract (heartburn, nausea, less often - vomiting, digestive disorders, flatulence), sweating.
- Relatively rare are allergic reactions and individual intolerance of the drug and its components.
- Rarely and very rarely there was an increase in the activity of hepatic enzymes, drug damage to the liver, impaired consciousness, and hearing and vision impairment.
Almost all side effects are dose-dependent. Timely correction of the dose or withdrawal of the drug led to the disappearance of all adverse events.
The price of tablets and capsules
You can buy the medicine in most pharmacies, but the tablet preparation of prolonged release is not always available. The drug is released by prescription.
On average, the price is within the following limits (relevance on 21.12.14):
- Capsules, 100 mg, packing No. 10 390-500 rubles, packing No. 30 750-1000 rubles, packing No.50 1100-1500 rubles.
- Tablets, 400 mg, package number 7 720-870 rubles, packing number 14 1050-1350 rubles.
Alexey Borisov (a neurologist)
Practicing neurologist. He graduated from Irkutsk State Medical University. Works in the faculty clinic of nervous diseases. Read more ...
A source: https://neurosys.ru/lechenie/lekarstva/katadolon
"Catadolon instructions for use, price and reviews. Analog "Catadolon"
What is the "Catadolon" preparation? Analogues, price and instructions for the use of this drug will be presented in the materials of this article.
From it you will find out about what this means is intended for, whether it has contraindications and side effects, in what form it is issued, what contains in its composition and so on.
Packaging, form of release, composition
The drug "Catadolon" goes on sale in two different forms. Their description, composition and packaging we will consider right now.
- The "Catadolon Forte" medication is a biconvex yellow oval tablet (on the one side a strip) containing various inclusions. The preparation contains an active ingredient such as flupirtine maleate, as well as other auxiliaries. Tablets are placed in blisters of 10, 7 and 14 pieces, which are packed in packs of cardboard.
- Capsules "Catadolon Retard" in a shell of gelatin of red color. The contents of the drug is a powder of green-yellow or yellow hue. One capsule contains flupirtine maleate, as well as additional substances in the form of gelatin, magnesium stearate, water, titanium dioxide, E172, silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate and Copovidone. The drug is packed in packs of cardboard for 30, 50 or 10 capsules.
Pharmacological action of the drug
What is the drug under consideration and does it have an analog? "Catadolon" is a non-opioid analgesic that has an antispastic effect and has many different analogues.
The medication is not addictive and can have a centralized effect. After entering the body, it affects the G-protein, thereby changing the potential difference in the calcium channels and stabilizing the potential of neuronal membranes.
What are the properties of the drug and its analogue? "Catadolone" should be taken in doses that do not exceed the maximum allowable.
Only in this case its active substance will not affect H- and M-cholinergic receptors, as well as opioid, dopamine, serotonin, alpha2 and alpha1-adrenergic receptors.
After taking capsules or tablets, anesthesia occurs by opening the potassium channels that are in the nerve cells.
According to experts, this drug has a good effect on NMDA receptors. It stops the flow of calcium ions that pass through the semi-impermeable walls of the membranes.
Principle of action of the medicinal product
How does the agent and its analogue act on the human body? "Catadolone" contains flupirtine in its composition. It is this substance that does not allow the nerve impulse to respond to nociceptive stimuli. As a result of this influence, anesthesia occurs.
The medicine does not give rise to painful sensations, nor does it allow them to grow into chronic ones. In addition, it effectively reduces already existing pain.
After taking the medication internally, there is a miorelaxation (by blocking the intermediate neurons)..
One can not help saying that this drug is able to protect neurons from toxins..
By activating the calcium channels, the drug reduces the amount of damaging calcium ions in the cells.
Pharmacokinetics of medicament
When the tablets and capsules "Catadolon Retard" enter the digestive tract, the active substance of the drug is fully absorbed (approximately 90%). At the same time, 75% of the dose is metabolized in the liver.
The half-life of the drug from the body is 7-15 hours. Up to 70% of the medication is excreted by the kidneys, and the rest by the intestine.
In elderly people, as well as patients with impaired liver and kidney function, the elimination half-life increases.
"Catadolon" preparation: indications for use
Indications for the use of this drug are pain of various origins (mild and moderate), which are caused by spasms of smooth muscles.
So at what deviation is the agent and its analogue appointed? "Catadolon" is often used for postoperative and headaches, back and neck pain, malignant tumors and tumors, etc.
Contraindications to the use of the medicine
The medicine "Catadolone" is highly not recommended for kidney and liver diseases, hypoalbuminemia, allergies to active ingredient or excipients, ringing in the ears, as well as in the treatment of the elderly, children and alcoholics.
Method of use of the medicinal product
How should I take the medicine "Catadolon"? Capsules in any case can not be chewed. The dosage of such a drug is selected only on an individual basis.
The following treatment regimens are included in the instructions for the medication:
- Adults under 65 years of age are prescribed 100 mg of the drug four times a day (i.e., 1 capsule). It is necessary to adhere to the same time intervals between doses of the medicine. With severe pain, you can take two capsules three times a day. It should be taken into account that the maximum daily dosage should be 600 mg (ie 6 capsules).
- Elderly (after 65 years), the drug "Catadolone" should be taken at 100 mg twice a day. Depending on the degree of pain, this dose can be increased to 300 mg per day.
- Patients who suffer from kidney failure or hypoalbuminemia are usually prescribed no more than 300 mg of drug per day.
- In case of impaired liver function, medication can not be taken at a dose that exceeds 200 mg per day. The duration of such therapy may be different. However, long-term treatment requires control of the activity of liver enzymes.
Analogues of the preparation "Catadolon" contain the same active substance as the original. However, when choosing them as a substitute, you should always consult a doctor and choose the optimal dosage.
An overdose of a drug
There are isolated reports of cases of overdose with the drug "Catadolon" with suicidal intentions. In this case, the following symptoms are observed: nausea, prostration, tachycardia, confusion, tearfulness, dryness of the oral mucosa, deafness.
As a treatment for such symptoms apply forced diuresis. In addition, the patient is given activated carbon and electrolytes are introduced. At observance of all listed measures the state of health of the patient improves after lapse of 6-12 hours.
Adverse reactions after taking the drug
In some patients, following the administration of tablets or capsules of "Catadolone there may be side effects such as:
- dizziness, general weakness and fatigue;
- flatulence, nausea and abdominal pain;
- tremor, indigestion;
- headaches and anxiety;
- allergic reactions;
- drug hepatitis;
- deterioration of vision.
Side effects can occur unexpectedly and also suddenly disappear during the course of therapy.
With the simultaneous administration of the drug "Catadolone" with such means as "Warfarin" and "Diazepam the effect of the first can be strengthened. This is due to the fact that the listed drugs are easily associated with proteins, which facilitates the expulsion of flupirtine from the cells.
Sedatives, muscle relaxants and ethanol enhance their effects under the influence of the drug.
It is not recommended to combine the medication with Paracetamol, Carbamazepine and Flupirtin.
It should also be noted that with the simultaneous use of the drug with "Kumarin" it is necessary to monitor the prothrombin index.
Before using the "Catadolon" medication, it is necessary to read the instructions. It states that:
- This drug should be used only if therapy with other analgesics is contraindicated.
- During the use of medication in people with reduced renal function, it is necessary to monitor the concentration of creatinine in the blood.
- In patients over 65 years of age, as well as patients with hypoalbuminemia and severe renal failure, dose adjustment is required.
- Patients should be warned that during therapy, special attention should be paid to the symptoms of liver damage. If these signs are manifested, stop taking the medication and consult a doctor.
- During therapy with the drug "Catadolone false-positive reactions of the test for urobilinogen, bilirubin and protein in the urine are possible.
- When using elevated doses of the drug, the patient may have urine staining green. This is not a clinical symptom of any pathology.
- During treatment, it is necessary to abandon the management of mechanisms and driving vehicles, as patients may develop dizziness and drowsiness.
"Catadolon" preparation: analogues, reviews, price
The synonym of this remedy is the preparation "Flugesic". As for the analogs, they include the following medicines: "Akupan "Nefopam "Miliston" and "Sinmeton".
The price of the drug in question is very high. As a rule, it varies between 900 and 1200 rubles (depends on the form and number of tablets, capsules).
According to the patients' reviews, the medicine "Catadolon" quite effectively and quickly eliminates any pain syndromes. Despite the large number of adverse reactions, drug addicts very often use this remedy for anesthesia with abstinence..
As for ordinary patients, some of them complain that taking this medication often causes dizziness and general weakness..
According to the doctors, the drug "Catadolone" is often used in surgical practice. It is a very strong remedy, so take it without prescribing a doctor should not.
A source: http://.ru/article/197638/katadolon-instruktsiya-po-primeneniyu-tsena-i-otzyivyi-analog-katadolona