How is the treatment of nasal congestion without a runny nose?
Why there is a stuffy nose without a cold, treatment of this disease - these problems worry many people. Nasal congestion is an extremely uncomfortable condition. As a rule, it is accompanied by the release of mucus - a runny nose. If this does not happen, then this condition is transferred to the sick even more difficultly, since a person does not have the opportunity to breathe normally even for a while.
The cause of this nasal congestion is edema or inflammation of its mucous membrane, which, in turn, can contribute to the following circumstances:
- Allergy. Edema of the nasal mucosa may be the result of an allergic reaction to animal hair, pollen or any food.
- Hormonal changes in the body. Especially familiar is the constant stuffiness of the nose to pregnant women.
- Excessively dry air in the room, which leads to the drying of the mucosa, and, as a consequence, the stuffiness of the nose.
- Curvature of the nasal septum. This defect can be both congenital and acquired as a result of trauma.
- Polyps in the nose.
- Actually the onset of the disease, when the runny nose has not yet begun, and the mucus edema is already present.
- Constant nasal congestion can be with the abuse of vasodilators and the adaptation of the body to them.
- Sinusitis or sinusitis.
- We should not exclude such a banal reason as the presence of a foreign body in the nose.
- Unfavorable environmental conditions - increased air pollution, when the nose does not cope with its functions.
Elimination of the causes of nasal congestionIn the case of such a malaise, as a stuffy nose without a cold, treatment should begin with the elimination of the causes of this condition.Of course, in most cases, a visit to the doctor is necessary to determine the reasons for the stuffiness, but sometimes they are quite obvious, like, for example, with allergies or dry air.
Then nasal congestion occurs only in certain places or in certain circumstances: for example, only at work or at home, or only at night. If the cause is the effect of allergens, isolation from them will lead to the restoration of normal breathing. Sometimes it is enough to replace the down pillow or wool carpet with synthetic analogues or remove some indoor plant.
Increased dryness of air is usually observed in urban flats in winter during the heating season. If there is an opportunity to purchase a moisturizer, he will cope with the problem. It should strive to a level of humidity in the room of about 55-65%, whereas often this figure does not reach 40%.
It is not surprising that it is difficult to breathe indoors. If there is no humidifier, hanging of wet towels on radiators of heating can to some extent replace it, as well as placement in a room of vessels with water.
In the case of drug-induced nasal congestion, the problem occurs immediately after taking certain medications.Typically, this side effect is indicated in the instructions to the drug. To chronic zalozhennosti leads infatuation vasoconstrictive drugs, resulting in a disruption of the nasal mucosa. After the cancellation of these medicines, the full work of the nose will be restored in a few days.
As for the curvature of the nasal septum, which is more or less present in most people, to correct this defect, if it is significant and really leads to mucosal edema, you will need help the surgeon. The same applies when the nasal congestion is a consequence of a foreign body in the nose. This happens not so rarely, and not only in children.
Nasal congestion in pregnancy is called vasomotor rhinitis and is considered the norm. Sometimes this condition lasts only a few weeks, and sometimes only after childbirth.
And, finally, only after visiting a specialist you can diagnose the presence of polyps, adenoids, sinusitis, sinusitis. Here, in any case, drug treatment is required, and antibiotic use is not excluded.
Nasal congestion treatment
The use of vasoconstrictors is not the treatment of nasal congestion at all, but only the provision of a short-term respite. More than five days they can not be used, otherwise they will only aggravate the situation. The first thing to do if the nose is laid, but there is no rhinitis is to restore the normal moisture of the nasal mucosa.This can be done both with the help of special drops or sprays, and with folk remedies. The latter are safe, available and effective enough to help remove inflammation and remove mucus. And more to eliminate nasal congestion, often it is not required.
First of all, the most common procedure for relieving congestion, as well as preventing respiratory diseases, is the washing of the nose, for which a solution of sea salt or common salt is usually used: one teaspoon per glass water. This procedure is not pleasant, but its effectiveness is worth it to suffer.
To wash nasal passages it is possible differently: using a small watering can, syringing or simply with the help of palms. The main thing is that at the same time the solution does not get into the lungs, but pours out either through the second nostril or through the mouth.
For the treatment can be used and herbal medicinal herbs: chamomile, mother-and-stepmother, linden, St. John's wort, sage, marigold, plantain. One tablespoon of vegetable raw material is poured a glass of boiling water and insisted at room temperature. When the infusion reaches a comfortable temperature, you can use it to wash or bury the nose.
Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe juice or onions allow to successfully use these funds with nasal congestion. Fresh aloe juice is buried in the nose in a pure form, the onion juice is diluted with warm water halfway to avoid burns of the mucous membrane. Onion gruel can be used for inhalations: warm it in a water bath, inhaling steam through a paper cone..
Inhalations in general are one of the safest and most effective ways to cope with nasal congestion. In the water or broth of herbs for inhalation, essential oils of eucalyptus, fir or citrus are added, previously diluting them in a small amount of milk or honey. You can use cooked in a peel and mashed potatoes. After this procedure it becomes much easier to breathe.
As an aid in the treatment of nasal congestion, acupressure is used. Warm hands should be massaged in turn three pairs of symmetrically located points, applying a moderate effort. The first pair is located on the inner part of the eye cavities at the junction of the nose bridge with the eyebrows. The second is near the extreme points of the wings of the nose. The third is at the bottom of the cheekbone, on the line of the pupil. 2-3 minutes of such massage - and breathing is facilitated.
Consequences of prolonged nasal congestion
If nasal congestion, moreover, without a cold, does not pass a long time, it can lead to the fact that, in addition to the obvious reduction in smell, the human body will not receive enough oxygen, and this will inevitably affect mental performance, headache..
Moreover, the swelling from the nasal mucosa can pass to the auditory tube, and then there will be a complication in the form of otitis. Therefore, it is impossible to ignore such a symptom as nasal congestion.
Why a stuffy nose without a cold
Nasal congestion without a cold can become a real problem, the inability to breathe normally and the constant The lack of air provokes a headache, a chronic feeling of fatigue and a sharp decline working capacity. Many people mistakenly believe that if nasal congestion is not accompanied by abundant secretions or temperature and cough, it is not necessary to treat this condition and do not even guess the danger of such a disease.
Causes of nasal congestion without a cold
Such a condition as congestion without a cold sign indicates the presence of infection in the body, the disease of the upper respiratory tract or the development of an allergic reaction.
Treatment of pathology depends on the cause of its appearance, but in any case, nasal congestion must necessarily be eliminated, since a constant shortage of oxygen is extremely negatively affects the nervous system and the general state of the body, and chronic edema of the nasal mucosa can cause atrophy of its glands and a change in the normal structure tissue. If the runny nose was caused by infection in the nasal passages, the nasal congestion becomes the source internal infection and can easily lead to various complications: from genyantritis to pyelonephritis or myocarditis.
To determine what caused the nasal congestion without a cold, you need to see a specialist, recall all the circumstances surrounding the disease and note the presence of additional symptoms.
In adults and children older than 6-7 years, nasal congestion without other clinical manifestations, most often occurs against a background of untreated or untreated infection. The appearance of nasal congestion in this case was preceded by acute respiratory viral infection, influenza, angina or severe hypothermia.
Allergic rhinitis occurs in the case of hyperreactivity of the body and the effects of allergens on the nasal mucosa, such a runny nose has a certain periodicity, is not accompanied by other symptoms of catarrhal diseases and occurs in allergic patients of people. There are several varieties:
- year-round allergic rhinitis - if the nasal congestion does not pass for several months, there is a decrease in smell, worsening in the morning or after a nervous and physical overstrain, most likely, the cause of the pathology is an allergic reaction to house dust, pollen of plants or any other substance constantly present in life patient. Treatment of allergies should begin with visiting an allergist and identifying a possible allergen. At home, you can check the possibility of an allergic reaction with a simple remedy: give the patient an antihistamine, a clarinet tablet, suprastin or any other antiallergic drug, if his condition improves, then the cause of nasal congestion was in an allergic reaction organism.
- seasonal pollinosis - nasal congestion and other allergy symptoms appear at certain times of the year and are associated with flowering of grasses, trees and so on.
- Periodically occurring rhinitis - if the nasal congestion arises regularly, you need to carefully write down and analyze the patient's diet, his movements and contacts, this is the only way to determine what is associated with the appearance of allergic reactions.
Zalozhennost without a cold in childrenIn children, nasal congestion without a runny nose can develop due to complications of ordinary infectious rhinitis or due to anatomical features of the structure of the nasal passages.
Most often, in children of the first years of life, prolonged rhinitis or permanent nasal congestion occurs due to a curved nasal septum or an abnormal structure of the nasal concha.
To cure nasal congestion is necessary after determining the cause of the pathology, it is necessary to visit the therapist, ENT doctor and if necessary, an allergist.
Before visiting a doctor, you can use vasoconstrictor drugs, inhalations and traditional medicine methods that help get rid of swelling and inflammation of the mucous membrane.
- Rinsing the nose is one of the most effective and safe methods that help with any runny nose. The introduction of solutions of antiseptics or anti-inflammatory drugs in the nasal cavity helps to "wash" pathogenic microorganisms, clean the nasal passages and reduce puffiness. For washing, you can use saline solution, a weak solution of iodine or a decoction of chamomile and other medicinal herbs.
- Inhalations - warm steam, with the useful substances dissolved in it, provides heating of the nasal passages, helps to destroy microbes and to reduce edema. For inhalations at home, you can use decoctions of medicinal herbs, dissolve in hot water a few drops of essential oils or just breathe over warm steam. For treatment of the common cold it is recommended to carry out the procedure at least 4-6 times a day, for 5-10 minutes.
- Drops in the nose - vasoconstricting drops and sprays will not help cure the rhinitis, but can be very effective when you need to quickly get rid of his symptoms. Any drops from the common cold: naphthyzine, For nose, sanorin, pinosol and so on, can not be used for longer than 3 consecutive days and no more than a few times (3-4) per day. Also in the nose can be instilled diluted juice of beets or carrots - 1-2 drops in each nostril, but this method is sufficient painful and at a high concentration of juice easily burn the mucous membrane, so it is not recommended for use in children before 10-12 years.
- Get rid of the cold with the help of onions, garlic or horseradish - all these plants, together or separately, you need to chop and breathe evaporation, despite the unpleasant odor, pain in the eyes and other consequences of such treatment, this method is considered one of the most popular in folk medicine.
Even the most effective methods of self-treatment can not guarantee a 100% cure for the common cold, besides, the vast majority of patients, getting rid of the clinical manifestations of the disease, they stop to be treated without thinking about the risk of complications or the chronization of the process, any disease should be treated by specialists and the stuffiness of the nose without a cold is not an exception.
Difficult nasal breathing without a cold
Intolerable condition, when stuffy nose, not enough air. Headaches, soreness of the face prevent clear thinking, normal life. Lachrymation and sneezing frighten colleagues at work, you are sent to the hospital so that you do not infect anyone. It seems that there are no excreta, but I want to blow my nose. In a situation where you have a nasal congestion without a runny nose, the most correct action will be to see a doctor. This ailment is dangerous serious complications, so it is important to establish the cause of the disease in a timely manner, immediately begin treatment.
Causes of nasal congestion without a cold
In cases where the nose is not breathing, and there is no snot, inflammation occurs, the mucosal edema. Dry indoor air, poor environmental conditions serve as an excuse for the disease. Among the reasons for the occurrence of stuffiness:
- side effects of drugs;
- the onset of viral diseases;
- presence of polyps, adenoids.
When a nose is stuffed without a runny nose in an adult, the causes can be frequent hypothermia, alcohol abuse. Problems arise from the curvature of the nasal septum. Sometimes zalozhennost appears in the case of such diseases:
- chronic sinusitis and sinusitis;
- swelling of the nasopharynx;
- inflammation of the gallbladder;
- violation of the balance of hormones.
It is worth paying special attention to nasal congestion in women during pregnancy. The cause of the onset may lie in a change in the hormonal background, weakened immunity. It is not excluded, as an occasion for zalozhennosti, rhinitis, allergies and infections. It is very important in this situation to be under the supervision of a doctor so that treatment does not harm the future child.
How many troubles delays the mothers stuffy nose without a snot in the child. In newborns, the cause of this condition, when they breathe only the mouth, can be a congenital anomaly. It is required to urgently appeal to the pediatrician and solve this problem. There are cases when a child thrusts small objects into his nose, which interferes with breathing. It is not excluded cases of hereditary diseases. In addition, among the causes of congestion in children:
- curvature of the nasal septum;
- inflammatory diseases of the nasopharynx;
- drying of mucus in the nose.
Since the child's nose can be permanently laid due to several reasons, it is very important to properly diagnose. The doctor should decide:
- When the timing of the problem - there may be polyps.
- What's new in food - eliminate the likelihood of allergies.
- With whom the child communicated - is there a threat of viral infection.
- What illnesses have passed - the effect of the prescribed drugs.
When the nose is constantly stuffy, it is important to find out the cause of the disease. Only then are they given the right treatment, which facilitates the patient's condition. First, you need to contact a specialist - a doctor otorhinolaryngologist. He will carry out the inspection with the help of special mirrors or with the help of an endoscope. If necessary, assign additional diagnostics:
- Ultrasound of the sinuses;
- blood tests;
- bacterial culture of smears;
- allergological blood tests;
- X-ray of the paranasal sinuses;
- immunological examination of blood.
What to do and how to cure nasal congestion
Before starting treatment, you should create conditions under which it will be easier to breathe at work and at home. In this situation it is recommended:
- airing the room;
- humidification of air;
- consumption of spicy food;
- sleep with head held high;
- drink a lot;
- inhalation of wet steam;
- washing of the nose with special solutions;
- warming up;
- drinking hot liquids.
How to relieve nasal congestion? Treatment involves the use of medications in accordance with the cause of the disease. To alleviate the condition, apply a chisel massage of the wings of the nose and nose. Good results include yoga, breathing exercises, physiotherapy. There are many recipes of folk medicine, improving the condition, moisturizing the mucous membrane. Complicated cases involve surgical intervention, laser surgery and cryotherapy.
It is necessary to start the treatment of stuffiness in time to avoid complications on the organs of hearing, throat, because everything is interconnected. To get a positive effect, you must follow the doctor's prescriptions, instructions for use. Medicinal products are used for treatment:
- Sprays and drops: "Tizin "Rinorus "For Nos."
- Ointments: "Doctor Mom "Evamenol "Flemming Ointment".
- Tablets for removing the edema "Clarinase-12".
- Tablets against allergies: "Loratadin "Zodak".
The use of specific drugs is associated with the causes that caused the disease:
- With zalozhennosti because of viruses, local antibiotics are prescribed in the form of drops and spray: "Amoxicillin "Bioparox". Among the drugs of general action are "Erythromycin "Claritomycin". Take antibiotics should be strictly according to the doctor's prescription.
- If the cause of immunodeficiency zalozhennosti - take vegetable immunostimulants: echinacea, ginseng root.
Particularly noteworthy is the use for the treatment of edema reduction, nasal congestion of inhalations. The use of the nebulizer makes it possible to deliver the fine particles of the drug deep to the diseased organ. As a remedy use decoctions of chamomile, thyme, eucalyptus, calendula. From medicinal preparations apply "Xylometazoline a local antibiotic "Polidex".
At special indications, when there is no rhinitis, but the nose does not breathe, surgical operations are prescribed. They are performed without anesthesia using a laser of the radio wave method. There are techniques with the use of cryotechnology, when the problem area is burned cold. They do not do without traditional operations. Assign a surgical procedure for:
- presence of foreign body;
- proliferation of mucous tissue;
- presence of polyps, adenoids;
- curvature of the nasal septum.
Folk remedies for home treatment
It is difficult to avoid the use of folk remedies. From childhood, inhalations are known over boiled potatoes. Inhalation of vapors with balm "Gold Star eucalyptus oil also improves the condition. Effectively washing the nose with sea salt: a large spoonful of 200 g of water. Good effect with zaladennosti distracting therapy:
- tea with raspberries and lime;
- hot foot baths;
- socks with dry mustard;
- hot shower;
- mustards for calves.
Good results are given by instillation in the nose. It is recommended to use it every 4 hours. Use home-made drops:
- Carrot juice in half with water;
- drops from the Kalanchoe;
- onion juice in equal parts with water;
- drops from aloe;
- sea buckthorn oil and carrot juice in the following proportions
- a glass of water requires a drop of iodine, a pinch of sea salt;
- in equal parts beet juice and onions.
For children it is recommended to use folk recipes:
- inoculation of mother milk to infants;
- breathing of babies over steam of hot bath;
- warming up the nose with a boiled egg;
- lubricating the nose with onion oil: pour onion with hot vegetable oil, insist night;
- washing the nose with a solution of salt: a glass of water a tablespoon;
- bury the aloe juice in equal parts with water.
Video about nasal congestion and nasal breathing disorders
Look at the video below and you will learn about modern methods of diagnosis with nasal congestion without a cold. You will understand why an integrated approach is important in identifying the causes of the disease. What can affect the swelling of the nasal mucosa, in which case the surgical intervention is prescribed. You will get acquainted with the way the operations are performed, and how long the patient is in the clinic after it is carried out.
How to treat nasal congestion with a runny nose and without itAnyone at least once watched a stuffy nose without a cold.
It often happens that the stuffiness passes without any treatment on its own and as suddenly as it appeared.
But sometimes the constant stuffiness of the nose becomes a problem that causes considerable discomfort, and sometimes, without proper treatment, nasal congestion can cause serious complications.
If the nasal congestion is manifested as the first symptom of a cold or flu, then treatment should be started immediately, as there is a risk of complications such as:
- Acute antritis(inflammation of the maxillary sinuses).
- Sharp fronts(inflammation of the frontal paranasal sinuses).
- Polyposis sinusitis(proliferation of connective tissue of the mucous membranes in the nasal cavity).
This is not a complete list of possible complications that may occur in the event that the nasal congestion is not treated.
If the nasal congestion without a cold is not caused by the development of respiratory disease, then before treating a severe nasal congestion at the adult, it is necessary to define the reason of its or her occurrence, for example, often happens so, that after a genyantritis she does not pass or take place long time.
Experts say that the unfavorable ecological situation is most often the main one cause of nasal congestion, provided it is not accompanied by a number of other symptoms. After all, the nose is a kind of filter that prevents dust and harmful substances from penetrating deep into the human body.
Recently, due to the sharp development of industry and widespread pollution of the environment, the load on our nose filter has increased dramatically, and with it the vulnerability of our body has also increased.
Treatment of nasal congestion without a cold is mostly concerned about the inhabitants of large cities because of the environmental situation. However, in addition to bad ecology, other factors may influence the appearance of nasal congestion without a runny nose:
- Chronic vasomotor rhinitis.
- Adenoids or polyps in the nasal cavity.
- Curvature of the nasal septum.
- Congenital narrowness of nasal passages.
- Various tumors of the nasopharynx.
- Mechanical injury to the nose.
- Tobacco smoking.
- Frequent abuse of alcoholic beverages.
- Low humidity in the room.
- Side effects of taking various medications.
Regardless of the intended cause, it is necessary to start treating the stuffiness of the nose in time, since such a the symptom causes disturbances in nasal breathing and prevents the normal flow of oxygen into the body. Lack of oxygen can cause oxygen starvation of the brain and other organs, which immediately will lead to a general deterioration of well-being, a decrease in the ability to work and the suppression of mental activities.
How to treat nasal congestion without a runny nose: first of all, a full-time consultation of the attending physician is necessary. Only a specialist will tell you which drops for the nose with a cold are better and which method of treatment will suit you. Depending on the diagnosis and severity of the disease, he will prescribe procedures or medications (tablets or sprays) from the stuffiness of the nose. When diagnosing adenoids or polyps in children and adults, a specialist can recommend an operation to remove them. As a rule, after performing such an operation, the patient almost immediately begins to breathe freely through the nose.
If the problem of nasal congestion is not in the formation of growths, but occurs only in certain periods, it is necessary to check the patient for allergic reactions. Treatment of nasal congestion with allergies is similar to treating an allergic rhinitis.
When examining doctors can detect a disease that caused a permanent nasal congestion without a cold. But there are cases when it is still not possible to establish the cause of this symptom. Many patients are wondering how to treat nasal congestion in this case. Experts advise to pay attention to folk medicine, which can offer a lot of different ways to get rid of a cold and nasal congestion.
It is important to know
If you decide to treat nasal congestion symptomatically with vasoconstrictive drugs, then they are recommended not to be used for more than five days in a row.
Nasal congestion without a cold caused by allergies. How to treat nasal congestion with allergies
Often such a symptom, as nasal congestion, occurs with allergies. The allergic reaction begins to appear, as a rule, during contact with the allergen.
Allergens that can cause swelling of the nasal mucosa and lead to its congestion:
- pollen of flowering plants;
- insects (insect bites);
- Ticks, living in the upholstery of furniture, household dust and so on;
- some medicines;
- some food;
- home or library dust;
- animal hair.
Nasal congestion with allergies may be the only manifestation of the disease, and may be accompanied by the following symptoms:
- itching in the nose;
- copious lacrimation;
It is important to know
During treatment of nasal congestion with allergies, you must exclude contact with the allergen that caused the attack.
To remove the swelling of the nasal mucosa, prescribe vasoconstrictor drops or sprays, but it must be remembered that abuse of such drugs is highly undesirable, because vasoconstrictors cause addictive.
If you are concerned about nasal congestion with an allergy, then you should consult a doctor an allergist-immunologist or an otolaryngologist who, after giving you an adequate treatment, test results. As a rule, when treating nasal congestion with allergies, antihistamines are prescribed. The duration of such drug therapy lasts at least two weeks.
Remedies for nasal congestion: drops and folk remedies for nasal congestion without a cold
If your nose is laid, but the reason for this is not an allergic reaction at all, then in the fight against nasal congestion the following means will help:
So called "distracting" therapy. Means that help get rid of stuffy nose without drops: they help to remove the swelling of the nasal mucosa due to the improvement of blood flow in its vessels. These include means such as hot foot baths, warming compresses, cans, mustard plasters on the feet, drinking hot drinks.
Local Therapy. Such therapy consists in the use of drops from nasal congestion.
Often for these purposes, homeopathic drops containing various essential oils, such as, for example, Pinosol drops, are used. They can be attributed to children's drops from nasal congestion, runny nose, as well as from allergies.
They can be safely used at home for a long time, but they are not the most effective remedy for nasal congestion and runny nose.
You can also use vasoconstrictive drops from nasal congestion, however, their effect is too short-term, as well as frequent use of such drugs may cause negative consequences for organism.
Of the folk remedies for nasal congestion without a cold, it is possible to note the Kalanchoe juice. The procedure of instilling the Kalanchoe juice into the nasal passages, will help get rid of the stuffiness in a few days. Also an effective folk remedy for nasal congestion without a cold is the beet juice, which helps reduce the swelling of the nasal mucosa in just a few days.
Massage. Another way how to remove stuffy nose in the home without drops. This effective and safe method is available to everyone. To get rid of nasal congestion, it is necessary to massage the area of the bridge of the nose, the wings of the nose and the point between the nose and the upper lip. Particular attention with constant nasal congestion should be given to the wings of the nose and temporal areas.
To increase the effectiveness, acupressure can be carried out using such means from nasal congestion, like balm Asterisk. Vietnamese balsam has pronounced warming properties, and also contains essential oils that have a common curative effect on the body, and allow you to remove stuffiness.
It is important to know
The asterisk can not be used on mucous membranes, it can lead to a burn.
Rinsing of nasal passages. How quickly to cure nasal congestion in a child and adult at home? To treat stuffiness can be washed: it is aimed at cleaning the nasal cavity from dust particles and various secretions. Due to the washing of the nasal cavity, the nasopharyngeal mucosa is actively moisturized, which is especially important in case of stuffiness caused by too dry air in the room.
Rinse the nasal passages can be clean boiled water or a weak solution of sea salt. Also for the washing, you can use nasal stuff like Aquamaris and Marimer, they contain natural sea water. Of folk remedies for washing from the stuffy nose without a cold, you can distinguish infusions of chamomile, calendula, turns, St. John's wort and eucalyptus leaf. To wash the nose use only water infusions of these herbs.
Nasal warming. This method is well suited for the treatment of nasal congestion in the home for both adults and children. How to carry out the procedure, if the nose is laid, it is clear, but what to warm up the nose, let us consider in more detail. An excellent remedy for nasal congestion is the heating of a bag of warm salt. Nasal breathing is significantly improved already during this procedure. Also, to warm up the nose, you can use not ordinary salt, but ordinary sand, which must also be heated, and then placed in a soft tissue sack.
Steam inhalation by nebulizer. Such procedures significantly improve nasal breathing and reduce edema of the nasal mucosa, even if there is no runny nose. Steam inhalations can be carried out using various herbs and essential oils. According to fans of folk remedies for nasal congestion and runny nose, in adults, steam inhalations over hot calendula infusion with the addition of garlic juice are most effective.
Also an excellent remedy for nasal congestion are steam inhalations over boiled potatoes. To conduct such a procedure, you need to boil the potatoes in a uniform, drain the water and, covered with a towel, breathe 15-20 minutes over the steam emanating from the boiled potatoes..