Correct use of drops in otitis: the main tips and recommendations
Otitis is an inflammatory process of the middle ear, which can occur in people of any age. Illness with rather unpleasant symptoms and complications, therefore both diagnostics and therapy should be performed by a specialist.
The considered inflammatory process can arise as an independent disease and as a complication in acute respiratory viral infections.Most often, it is secondary otitis that is diagnosed, which will reveal classic signs of a cold - cough, runny nose, headache.The danger of the disease is that, in the absence of professional treatment, the inflammatory process (by the way, he can be accompanied by an accumulation of purulent substance in the ear) spreads to the nasal sinuses and further along the ascending one.
Important about otitis
Everyone should know the first signs of otitis:
Earache.This symptom can be pronounced, but can also be slightly hidden, unintensive. Patients can differently characterize the pain syndrome - "lumbago", pulling / aching, increasing, subsiding and so on.
- Hyperthermia.The increase in body temperature, even if otitis primary and not burdened by other diseases, will necessarily be observed, but there is also a feature - never the inflammatory process in question does not provoke a critically high body temperature, it usually ranges between 37-38 degrees.
- Allocations.This feature is not necessary - in some patients there are no secretions at all. But more patients complain of their large number, dense structure and unpleasant odor.
Note: otitis can begin virtually asymptomatic - only a small obstruction and a low-intensity pain in the ear can indicate the onset of the inflammatory process. Optimal in this period to seek help from a doctor - the pathology will be quickly and effectively cured without complications.
Therapy for otitis can be varied, but ear drops are the most effective - they provide several actions, quickly removing unpleasant symptoms and conducting anti-inflammatory treatment.
Treatment with drops
Do not engage in self-medication - ear drops should be selected by a doctor!
Preparations for the treatment of otitis, in particular, ear drops, should be selected by the doctor - specific recommendations will depend on which stage development is an inflammatory process, what are the causes of the development of pathology, the acute or chronic form of otitis in a patient, and so on. It is worth choosing drops not only for the cost, but also for the following features:
- they should be suitable for both children and adults - this moment is dictated by economic benefit, because even protracted otitis will be cured by fewer drops than it is contained in the vial;
- it is desirable to acquire a drug with the presence of antibacterial drugs (antibiotics).
What to do. when the headache has laid down ears a rhinitis, it is specified in article.
What are the reasons, when the head is aching and lays the ears, is indicated here: http://prolor.ru/u/simptomy-u/zakladyvaet-uxo-prichina-lechenie.html
There is a wide range of such medicines on the market, so it is worth knowing which of them will be the best choice.
The most popular drugs
- Otypaks.Effective ear drops in diagnosing otitis early in development. The composition contains not only anti-inflammatory / antiviral components, but also lidocaine. It is he who has an anesthetic effect, which is important for the patient - the pain syndrome in otitis is really strong and painful.Note: some people have a powerful allergy to lidocaine(although in general an allergic reaction to a variety of irritants is absent), so before using Otipax drops it should be excluded by conducting an allergic test. To do this, it is enough to apply a small amount of drops on the nasal mucosa and wait 30 minutes - this is the reaction time of the organism and the external stimulus.
Sophradex.The drug should be instilled in 2-3 drops in the diseased ear at least three times a day.Please note: the composition of the product contains components that can become the strongest allergen- people with a previous diagnosis
allergic reaction to any stimulus, it is strictly forbidden to use Sofradix in the treatment of otitis media.
- Otofa.Presented drops quickly return normal hearing (relieve congestion), relieve the pain syndrome and have an antibacterial effect.
- Danzyl.The composition of drops includes antibiotic oxoflacin, so people with hypersensitivity or individual intolerance Dancil is contraindicated.
To check for an allergic reaction, it is enough to apply a small amount of drops on the nasal mucosa and wait 30 minutes - this is the reaction time of the organism and the external stimulus.
How to apply drops correctly
The recommended dosage of the listed products is 2-3 drops in each ear at least 3 times a day.Important: when instilled in the patient's ear, it is necessary to tilt the head in the opposite direction, pull back the auricle sideways to the side and slightly upward, and after dropping the drops, close the entrance to the auditory passage with cotton wool.
Important: if you have to treat otitis media for patients of childhood, the dosage should be reduced by half. The duration of otitis treatment is at least 5 days, but even with the disappearance of all the symptoms described above, it is not necessary to interrupt therapy without the permission of the attending physician and the follow-up examination.What to do when the runny nose is a weakness without fever, specify in the article.
Which antibiotic for coughing and runny nose in adults is most often used, is indicated in the article.
How to overcome a runny nose and cough with teething, is indicated here: http://prolor.ru/g/detskoe-zdorove-g/kashel-pri-prorezyvanii-zubov-u-detej.html
Please note: if regular administration of drops to treat otitis does not give the desired effect, then it is necessary to consult with the attending physician - it may be necessary to adjust the treatment regimen or complete cancellation / replacement of the drug.
Indication / contraindications
The above mentioned drops can be applied at the appearance of the first signs of the beginning inflammatory process. Some patients with diagnosed chronic otitis media, knowing the approach of exacerbation, independently select the means.
Please note that ear drops can not be strictly applied to the following categories of patients: pregnant and lactating women (but there are means that are allowed to use - it is necessary doctor's consultation), as well as people with hypersensitivity or individual intolerance to antibacterial drugs (for example, drops from otitis with an antibiotic)
The most serious complication of otitis is meningitis. That's why you need to visit a doctor as soon as possible.
Otitis can cause disorders in the work of... the gastrointestinal tract! The fact is that the middle ear and abdominal cavity are "connected" by one nerve.Therefore, doctors are not surprised when diagnosed otitis reveals flatulence, bloating, diarrhea or constipation, vomiting.Especially often, this complication of the inflammatory process in the middle ear occurs in patients age, but also in zrovroslyh there can be false symptoms of appendicitis with developing otitis.
In the absence of professional assistance in the treatment of otitis can go to meningitis - the most serious complication.
Learn how to make ear drops from otitis media at home:
Use of ear drops in the treatment of otitis is the best option for carrying out antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic therapy. It is only necessary to know which of them will have the greatest effect and will be absolutely safe for the patient.
Treatment of otitis media in adults
Diseases of the ear cause a lot of trouble for a person. The term "otitis" is used to refer to any infections that penetrate the hearing organs. This disease can be internal, middle or external. The type of ailment depends on the part of the ear that is affected, and on the time of its destructive effect. How to treat otitis media in adults, it is necessary to know in order to relieve yourself of pain in time.
How to treat otitis media at home
To begin treatment of an otitis at adults, it is necessary with recognition of illness. With this disease there is pain, the ear starts to itch and shoot, inflammation occurs. Self-medication should not be dealt with, but manifestations of the symptoms of the disease should be immediately clearly noticed, in order to provide first aid. Symptoms of the disease are manifested by its type:
- External otitis media. Characteristic pain in the organs of hearing, itching in the region of the auricle, purulent discharge and unpleasant odor. On the skin of the ear there is peeling, swelling and redness. In this case, a person normally hears.
- Otitis media is divided into two groups. Acute suppurative otitis media is characterized by painful sensations inside the ear. The nature of the pain can be different: aching, stitching, throbbing. It is able to localize in the areas of the jaw, temple, nape. In addition, there is an increase in body temperature. If too much pus accumulates inside the ear, then the perforation of the tympanic membrane and the release of purulent formation can occur. Chronic form of the disease brings worsening of hearing, leads to complications. It is recognized due to the constant flow of pus.
- Adhesive and allergic otitis. With such inflammation, there is a noise in the ears, a constant decrease in the level of hearing, a headache, weakness, the appearance of adhesions.
- Internal otitis media is a complication of the middle. This type of ailment is not accompanied by pain, there is a loss of hearing and dizziness.
Treatment of otitis should begin with the appearance of the first symptoms, before complications can occur, and the disease does not change from acute to chronic. Cope with the disease you can and sitting at home, as prescribed by a doctor of suitable means. A large range of medicines is used for the fight:
- antibiotics inside;
- homeopathic remedies;
- as a supporting therapy - folk remedies.
Cure the outer or middle otitis easily with the help of ear drops. By composition, such drugs can be single-component (contain only antibiotic) or bicomponent (antibiotic and anti-inflammatory substance). Examples of such drugs are Otoposarin, Polidex. Drops in the ears with otitis are considered to be an effective medication. There are many drugs designed to get rid of the disease. There are drops from otitis in adults, which are used more often than others:
- "Normaks." In the composition - norfloxacin, auxiliary substances. Indications for use - external, medium (acute and chronic), internal otitis. To drip it is necessary on 1-2 drops 4 times / day in a sick ear. The price: 100-140 р.
- "Otofa". Contains rifamycin sodium and other substances. Indications - external, medium acute, average chronic otitis media. Dosage of application - to drip in an ear on 5 drops 3 times / day. You can pour the medicine in your ear for about 2 hours. Price: 170-220 rubles.
- Sofredex. The composition is rich: Framicetin sulfate, gramicidin, dexamethasone. It is used for otitis externa. Drip 2-3 drops 3-4 times / day. You can use compresses, laying the ear passage with a gauze swab with the medicine. The price: 290 р.
- "Anotite." In the composition - levomitsetin, boric acid, lidocaine hydrochloride, auxiliary substances. Indications - external, purulent middle, purulent otitis media. It is applied on 4-5 drops 3-4 times / day. The price: 40-50 р.
Such medications are required for an average, diffuse, secretory form of the disease, when some drops do not help. Antibiotics can be used to treat bilateral, viral and fungal otitis media. These drugs fight inflammatory processes that have arisen in the field of auditory organs, some are capable of anesthetizing. It is recommended not to take antibiotics for more than 5 days. Increase the effect of drugs through additional drugs or folk remedies. Among the antibiotics used to treat otitis media are:
- "Spiramycin" (take 2-3 times / day for 1 capsule, price: 205 rubles);
- "Ampicillin" (drink 4 times / day for 1 capsule, price: 22 rubles);
- "Ciprofloxacin" (inside 2 times a day for 1 capsule, price: 14 rubles);
- other popular antibiotics may be used.
In addition to the above listed tools, treatment of otitis media of the middle ear in adults and the external type of the disease is carried out using other affordable, inexpensive but effective methods. You can use boric acid or boric alcohol. The medium is heated to body temperature by lowering the vial into warm water. Then the medicine is digested into the ear passages by pipetting 3 drops. To prevent the drug from flowing, put cotton swabs in your ears. Boric acid in otitis relieves inflammation and pain syndrome, is suitable as a first aid in the manifestation of signs of the disease.
When some medicamental methods are not enough, proven methods of treating otitis in adults come to the rescue. People's means are great, each has a special effect. Such methods should be used correctly for the first symptoms or as part of a comprehensive therapy. Sometimes you can do only with folk remedies, but it is better to use medicines from the pharmacy. Here are some natural "preparations" for solving the problem:
- Tincture of birch buds. To prepare, you need to insist 10 g of birch buds for 200 ml of vodka or alcohol. Use the medicine after a week. Obtain the product with a wet tampon and place it in your ear. To remove pain, several procedures are required.
- Propolis tincture. The medicine will come to the rescue with severe pain. Preheat the preparation, drip 2 drops in both ear canals, then place in the ears cotton swabs. The remedy should be kept for 15-20 minutes.
- Sugar smoke. Original remedy. Take a tin lid without gum, pour 1 tbsp. l. sugar and place on a burning stove. When the smoke appears, fold the newspaper into a tube, place it above the smoke, hold the ear to the hole. The procedure should be at least 5 minutes. After its termination, warm your ear.
Herbal treatment is gradually gaining popularity in modern society. Not uncommon and homeopathic pharmacies. Each method of treating otitis in adults - homeopathy and herbal medicine - is considered quite safe. Nature is a storehouse of useful substances. Treat the disease with the help of herbs should be after a consultation with the doctor to prevent complications. What natural means to use:
- aconite - if there is a tingling and pain in the hearing;
- belladonna - with an average otitis, strong pulsating and tearing pains, buzzing, swelling near the ear;
- Pulsatilla - for recovery with a decrease in hearing, a sense of congestion in the ear canal, purulent and bloody discharge;
- at very strong pains - ferrum fostorika.
How to treat otitis in pregnant women
There are two important features that distinguish otitis treatment in pregnancy. The first is that the benefits to the body of the medicine must exceed the harm. Everything is done so that the fetus does not suffer. If the otitis media is severe and severe, antibiotics are prescribed. They should be chosen by the doctor in accordance with the timing and course of pregnancy. In time, untreated otitis results in perforation of the tympanic membrane. Catarrhal (exudative) otitis is treated easier - by blowing or pneumomassage, without perforating intervention.
For treatment of otitis in adults, local treatment is also prescribed. To do this, use turundochki, which are placed in the ear. Together with this device, a tampon moistened with the medicine is used. Please note that the drug was approved during pregnancy. Treatment prescribed by a doctor is allowed to be supplemented with folk remedies. Natural medicines will not only alleviate the symptoms, but will also benefit the body overall. Treatment of otitis during pregnancy should be approached with all responsibility.
Video: what to do when the ear hurts
Inflammation of the organs of the auditory system occurs frequently. Treatment is often effective and passes easily, but complications also arise. Everything depends on the place of origin and severity of the disease. Treat the infection in the hearing aid immediately so that severe complications do not appear. There are a lot of funds that can lead you to recovery. These are tablets, drops, ointments, decoctions, compresses. With a light otitis can help drop, if the case is more serious, you will have to take antibiotics. From the video below you will determine which means are best used in the complex.
Effective treatment of otitis in adults
Inflammation of the middle ear or otitis is most often attributed to childhood diseases, but it often occurs in adults. Treatment of otitis in adults is not much different from the treatment of otitis media. This disease can appear due to the activity of streptococci or pneumococci, and also otitis can to be viral in nature or appear as a complication of hypertrophic processes in the nasopharynx. At the same time, the function of the Eustachian tube is disrupted and resistance is reduced.
Course of the disease
- The onset and development of inflammation in the middle ear. Symptoms of otitis - pain in the ear, a slight increase in temperature, sleep, appetite decreases, there is a general malaise. The tympanic membrane is hyperemic and protrudes into the region of the auditory canal.
- Perforation of the tympanic membrane, excretion of pus. Symptoms at this time: shooting pain in the ear. Pain can last for 5-7 days, after which it subsides and reduces inflammation.
- Reconservation, i.e. Gradually, the excretion of pus stops. There is an overgrowth of the tympanic membrane, and all the physiological processes in the ear are restored.
Healing measuresTreatment of otitis in adults is carried out depending on the pathogen and the severity of the disease. If the inflammation is caused by the activity of bacteria, then antibiotic therapy is used. With viral otitis treatment will take time and will be more difficult.
In some cases, myringotomy is performed - this is a minimally invasive operation. In this case, a small plastic tube is inserted into the tympanic membrane. With its help, the remainder of the liquid is removed at this point, thereby reducing the pressure. The tube remains for some time in the ear and after a certain period falls out of the ear on its own, without bringing discomfort to the patient.
Sometimes the cause of otitis may be the proliferation of adenoid tissue, in this case, an operation is performed to remove adenoids, but this condition is typical of childhood.
In general, otitis treatment can proceed according to the following scheme:
- drops from inflammation;
- antibacterial therapy;
- if necessary, antipyretics;
- vitamin complex;
- the use of compresses, they are usually alternated: first warming, and then for a few minutes a cold compress;
- Locally you can dig in boric acid, but it is better to consult a doctor beforehand.
Drops in the ears with otitisEar drops in otitis in its effect and composition are divided into three groups:
- Combined preparations. They contain glucocorticoids. This is Sofraks, Anauran, Garazon, Polidex, Dexona, and others.
- Monopreparations. They include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such drops as Otinum, Otipax.
- Preparations with antibiotic content: Otofa, Normaks, Tsipromed, Fugentin.
Combined ear drops are used for inflammation of the middle and outer ear, with acute or chronic disease. Most often instilled with a pipette. But it should be noted that drugs containing glucocorticoids, children and pregnant women are rarely prescribed and only in the most extreme moments.
- peeling of the skin in the ear;
- itching and burning in the place of instillation.
But such conditions are considered a rarity, since the combined drops are discharged in small doses and for a short time.
These drugs, for example, Sophradex, are intended for instillation into the eye. In addition to anti-inflammatory action, Sofrax has antibacterial and anti-allergic properties. Apply it on 3-4 drops 2 times a day, not more. Like any other drug, Sofradex can have side effects of a local allergic nature - burning, itching, redness and so on. Monopreparations are also anti-inflammatory, apply them 3-4 drops 2 times a day. Virtually no side effects.If the patient has a damage to the tympanic membrane, droplets containing salicylic acid are not prescribed, since there is a high probability of hearing loss.Drops with antibiotic content are used for microbial infections of the external and middle ear, with purulent otitis and chronic disease. Antibacterial drops, for example Normax, can have side effects, such as:
- a small rash on the skin;
- itching and burning at the site of the drop;
If these manifestations are present, stop taking the medication immediately and seek medical help. Only the attending physician will be able to correctly assign the necessary funds.
The doctor can prescribe, in addition to drops, also antimicrobials for oral administration. But these drugs are prescribed only after the correct diagnosis. Also, the place of inflammation plays an important role. With inflammation of the middle ear, the following antibiotics are recommended:
- Amoccicillin. This antibiotic struggles with the inflammatory process and the bacteria it caused. Adults are given capsules three times a day after meals. Usually the course of admission is 7 days.
- Ampicillin trihydrate. Form release - powder, tablets or capsules. Contraindications - pregnancy, lactation, renal or hepatic insufficiency. Of adverse reactions, allergic reactions, diarrhea, in rare cases anaphylactic shock, headaches and dysbiosis.
Ciprofloxacin. This drug is used in many inflammations. Ciprofloxacin is not prescribed for pregnant women and people under the age of 18 years. If the drug is prescribed to a nursing woman, then you should stop feeding for the period of treatment. Adverse Reactions:
- nausea and swelling;
- sleep disturbance;
- skin rash;
If an overdose occurs, then an emergency gastric lavage is prescribed.
Nethylmycin. Apply it in injections. The injection is done 2 times a day in the ear area. The course of use depends on the severity of otitis media and lasts up to 14 days. Of the side effects can occur local allergic reactions, and then very rarely. Do not use Netilmitsin pregnant and lactating women, newborns and old people.
Applying all preparations of antibacterial action, remember about adverse reactions of any antibacterial agent - it is a dysbacteriosis; To treat otitis in adults is necessary in conjunction with probiotics.
A number of complications that may occur with otitis media
- Mastoiditis. Inflammatory process in the cells of the mastoid process. This complication occurs after 6 years of age.
- The penetration of pus into the area of the skull through the passage between the pyramidal and temporal bone.
- Chronic course of the disease.
- The emergence of adhesions and scars, from which the hearing in a person decreases.
- Persistent dry perforation of the tympanic membrane.
- Inflammation of the pyramidal bone (petrosite).
- Paresis of the facial nerve.
Prevention of otitis includes simple rules that can be easily observed without visiting a doctor. Regularly flush your nose, you can use ordinary boiled water or special nasal sprays to remove bacteria. These sprays contain xylitol, which fights bacteria. Doctors advise using gum with xylitol.
Drops with otitis
Drops with otitis appointed to achieve the maximum result in the treatment of the disease. Otitis is the process of inflammation of one of the ear sections, which often arises as a result of infection of the nasopharynx. When there is pain in the ear, or in nearby areas - this is the first indication that it is necessary in the shortest time to contact a doctor-otolaryngologist for the purpose of examination and diagnosis. This will give the chance to start treatment in time and to avoid serious consequences when the patient is neglected.
The inflammatory process can begin in the ear after a severe cold, due to viral infections of the upper respiratory tract. External otitis can be triggered by psoriasis and eczema. To the inflammation can lead to unsuccessful hygienic cleaning of the ears.
Most doctors for otitis treatment prescribe drops in the ears. These drugs in the composition have effective anti-inflammatory components, as well as antibiotics. In a complex they help to fight with otitis.
Read also about the use of ear drops from otitis in children.
Ear drops with phenazone and lidocaine, which have analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects. Assign for local therapy and pain relief with an average otitis.
Contraindications to use: individual sensitivity to constituent substances, infectious or traumatic violation of the integrity of the tympanic membrane.
After a preliminary consultation with an otolaryngologist and only with acute need, it is possible to use Otipaksa during pregnancy and during breastfeeding. You can also use it in children during breastfeeding.
The way of application and dose - for children of any age, as well as for adults, to dig in the diseased ear 4 drops up to three times a day. The course of therapy lasts no more than 10 days, after which it is necessary to revise the method of therapy.
Among the side effects may occur local allergic reactions, itching and redness on the skin.
The warranty period of storage is 3 years and a month after opening the bottle. Keep the drops at a temperature of up to 25 degrees in a dark place.
Antimicrobial drug, the active element of which is rifamycin.
Pharmacodynamics: rifamycin has antimicrobial activity against most microorganisms that contribute to the development of infectious-inflammatory diseases of the middle ear. On Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pseudomonas aeruginosa), rifamycin is not affected.
The drug is used in the treatment of acute release from the ear after surgery, exacerbation of chronic otitis, an isolated purulent lesion of the tympanic membrane.
Drops are used topically, for digging into the external ear canal of the diseased ear twice a day. For adults, it is recommended to instill 5 drops, for children - 3 drops, without age restriction.
Contraindicated in allergic reactions to the components of the drug.
In the period of breastfeeding and pregnancy, you can use the drug before consulting a doctor.
Since the drug has a low absorption - an overdose is unlikely.
Among the adverse reactions can be observed allergic rashes, bronchospasm, eczema.
Store at a temperature of no more than 25 ° C. After the end of treatment, the opened vial should not be stored until later in use.
Antimicrobial agent with a wide spectrum of action. The active component of Danzyl is ofloxacin. It is recommended for the treatment of acute inflammatory processes in the ear.
Pharmacokinetics: after use, the constituent droplets are easily and quickly absorbed. Mostly it is excreted in its original form with urine, a small part with feces in its original form within 6-13 hours.
Do not apply Dancil to lactating and pregnant women, as well as children who are under 18 years of age, with individual sensitivity to ofloxacin.
The recommended dose of drops with external otitis is 10 drops per day. Treatment lasts about 10 days.
If chronic otitis media - 10 drops twice a day for about 2 weeks.
With inflammation of the middle ear, the recommended treatment with Dancil in a dose of 5 drops three times a day should not last more than 10 days.
Among the side effects are: nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, insomnia, hives, itching.
Recommended storage conditions: dark place, temperature up to 25 degrees.
Shelf life of the drug is 2 years, after the bottle was opened - one month.
The basis of such drops are natural extracts or oils, which have antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and itching action.
The use of such a drug is prohibited for those who have an individual sensitivity to the components, with damage to the skin.
Oil drops are used in the form of wetted turundum, which are placed in the ear passage 3-4 times a day.
During the period of breastfeeding, as well as during pregnancy, use the medication only after a preliminary consultation with the doctor.
Among the side effects possible itching, an allergic reaction to the skin, rarely - contact dermatitis.
Antimicrobial drops, the main components of which are polymyxin B sulfate, lidocaine and neomycin sulfate.
The use of this drug is indicated for chronic and acute form of external otitis media, medium acute otitis media, suppurative inflammatory complications after radical mastoidectomy in the postoperative period, tympanoplasty.
Do not use Anauran with individual hypersensitivity to the active components of the drug.
For treatment, 4-5 drops are prescribed to the patient ear from 2 to 4 times a day, dripping adults. Children who reached the age of 6 - 2-3 drops to 4 times a day, depending on the severity of the disease.
Among the undesirable side reactions of the body are local allergic rashes on the skin, peeling of the skin in the region of the external auditory canal.
It is forbidden to use the drug for pregnant and lactating children, also for children under 6 years of age.
Shelf life of the drug is 3 years, the open vial of the drug should not be used for more than 3 months.
Drops with purulent otitis
Purulent otitis - melting of the tympanic membrane and outward release of purulent discharge. This form of otitis occurs in 1/3 of cases with middle otitis media.
With purulent otitis, it is necessary to conduct the auditory passage with a solution of hydrogen peroxide or another antiseptic agent. For treatment, you can also use drops with purulent otitis: Otofa, Normaks and Tsipromed.
Otofa, the active ingredient of which is rifamycin, has antimicrobial activity against most microorganisms that provoke the development of purulent otitis media. It is recommended for adults to apply 5 drops three times a day, for children, without age restrictions - 3 drops in the morning and in the evening.
The active component of Normax drops is the fluoroquinolone antibiotic norfloxacin. Assign the drug for 2-3 drops of 4 to 6 times a day, when the case is more severe - it is recommended to drip into a sick ear every three hours. Normax is not used in pregnancy and children under 12 years of age.
The composition of drops Tsipromed includes ciprofloxacin, which helps actively fight the infection. The dose of medication for adults is 5 drops in the patient's ear passage three times a day. Treatment lasts from 3 to 5 days. Do not use drops for children under 15 years, as well as during pregnancy, and during lactation.
Drops with medium otitis
Otitis media is an inflammatory process in the middle ear, often occurring in childhood, as a result of colds, acute inflammatory pathologies of ENT organs of various etiologies.
For the treatment of otitis media, you can use drops of Sophradex, Otipax.
Sofraks is an active ingredient of Framicetin sulfate, which has a bactericidal effect on microorganisms that cause middle ear disease. To drip in a sick ear on 2-3 drops 3-4 times a day to adults and children from 7 years. Therapy should not last more than a week.
The active ingredient of Otipaksa phenazone, owns analgesic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. The daily dose of Otipax is 4 drops, 2-3 times. Treatment with the drug for up to 10 days.
Drops with catarrhal otitis
Catarrhal otitis - acute catarrhal inflammation of the mucosa of the middle ear (tympanic cavity, mastoid sprout, Eustachian tube), accompanied by acute pain, which is aggravated by coughing, sneezing, swallowing. If you do not pay attention to these signs, then the probability of developing acute otitis of purulent form is possible.
For treatment, drops are used in catarrhal otitis Anauran, Otinum.
Anauran is an aminoglycoside antibiotic with a wide range of action. Has a bactericidal effect on gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. The ear must be buried 2 to 4 times a day for 4-5 drops. Drops are not recommended for children younger than 6 years of age, as well as during pregnancy, breastfeeding.
The active component of otinum is choline salicylate. This derivative of salicylic acid has an anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. The recommended dose of the drug for adults is 3-4 drops up to four times a day. Pregnant and lactating, as well as children use these drops is not recommended.
Drops in the nose with otitis
In order to reduce the signs of swelling in the region of the pharyngeal opening of the Eustachian tube, it is possible to use vasoconstrictive drops in otitis such as Sanorin, Galazolin, Otrivin, Tizin.
After the application of these drugs, signs of edema, hyperemia, exudation decrease, which leads to the discovery and expansion the output ducts of the paranasal sinuses and the auditory tubes, improves secretion and protects against the precipitation of microbes.
Drops from otitis with antibiotic
Drops with an antibiotic are prescribed for the treatment of otitis in those cases when other substances do not give the desired effect: Levomycetin, Normax.
Levomycetin droplets with otitis are recommended for children older than 1 year and adults 2-3 drops once or twice a day. With abundant discharge from the ear canal, the use of the drug is increased up to four times a day.
Normax - the active component of norfloxacin has a broad antimicrobial effect. For the treatment of otitis recommend to instill 5 drops in the patient's ear passage three times a day for adults and children from 15 years. Before instillation it is necessary to clean the ear passage, and after the procedure - to close with turunda. Among the side effects, itching and unpleasant taste in the mouth are possible.
Drops with otitis alone, without doctor's recommendations, is not recommended. It is necessary to seek consultation with the otolaryngologist, so as not to harm self-medication.
What ear drops are used to treat otitis media?
What is otitis media? The disease has a rather complex classification. This is the inflammation of one of the ear regions, usually accompanied by severe ear and headaches, fever, hearing impairment. Depending on which part of the ear has been inflamed, the doctors distinguish between the outer, middle and inner otitis. The symptoms and types of otitis media are described in detail here.
The most common is the second form of the disease - inflammation of the middle ear - and it is most often implied by doctors, putting the child or adult diagnosed as "otitis." Treatment of the disease is always carried out by an otolaryngologist, prescribing several drugs: an antibiotic (read what antibiotics are drunk with otitis), vasoconstrictor drops in the nose, drops in the ear. If necessary, anti-inflammatory hormonal drops, also buried in the auditory can be used.
What can cause inflammation of the middle ear? The disease is not independent - it always comes as a complication of another viral or bacterial disease: influenza, acute respiratory viral infection, acute rhinitis. Otitis often appears due to a protracted rhinitis: an increased accumulation of mucus in the nose and a constant sniffing give an increased strain on the organs of hearing.
Infection of the ear and the appearance of the disease can also trigger the following factors:
- water ingress in the ear (especially this is true when visiting the pool in the cold season);
- inaccurate and aggressive hygiene of the auricles and passages, which provoked trauma;
- features of the anatomy of the ear.
To avoid the disease, it is necessary to keep your ears warm during cold weather, you must wear a hat in winter, and after water procedures do not go out with a wet head.
Is it possible to treat chronic bronchitis with folk remedies in adults?
Possible causes of a sore throat: http://prolor.ru/g/bolezni-g/pershenie/v-gorle-prichiny-i-lechenie.html.
Find out what to do if the baby has an allergic cough.
What are the properties of ear drops? First of all, they require pain relief and local antiseptic action.
There are also drops with antibacterial effect: they help to fight the inflammatory bacteria directly in the focus of the infection. Let us consider them in more detail. Names of drops:
- Neladex.It is a combination drug that can be used to treat ears and eyes. It is approved for use in patients with 12 years of age, contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation. The drug has a pronounced anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action. Before burying Neladex in your ear, you should warm it up slightly, holding the bottle in your hands. Frequency of application - 3-4 times a day for 2-3 drops. The duration of treatment should be determined by the doctor. Contraindications - trauma and infectious lesions of the tympanic membrane, viral and fungal diseases of the ears.
- Normax.It is allowed for patients from 12 years of age. A medicine with an antimicrobial effect, which, like Neladex, can be buried not only in the ears, but also in the eyes. It is well tolerated by patients and very rarely causes side effects. Apply Normaks should be 4-6 times a day for 2-3 drops. Contraindications - individual intolerance of components. When pregnancy is better not to use.
- Sofradex. Strong corticosteroid (hormone-containing) medicine, which can be used only with the permission of a doctor. He also sets the duration of administration and dosage, which is calculated based on the weight of the patient. A pronounced anesthetic effect can cause the patient to instill drops more often than they should, but to do so in no case can not: overdose can cause a serious allergic reaction in the form of swelling, itching and redness.
When treatment is necessary to adhere to the scheme prescribed by the attending physician. You may also need information about the treatment of acute catarrhal otitis in adults.
Children's medicines differ from adults by the dosage of active substances and a higher degree of their purification. They are divided into four varieties: antibacterial, antifungal, corticosteroid and acid. It is up to the doctor to determine which of them works best in a particular case, after a thorough examination. The list of drops for otitis treatment in children:
- Tsiprofarm. These are drops from otitis with an antibiotic. Contains ciprofloxacin - a broad-spectrum antibiotic. Recommended for use from 12 months. The drug can not be buried in a cold form - before installation it must be warmed to 18-22 ºC. Children are usually assigned 3 drops in both ear canals every 12 hours. The duration of treatment is 5-10 days.
- Otypax. Anesthetics and anti-inflammatory drops, which can be used even in infants. Do not contain hormones and antibiotics, so the only contraindications - violation of the integrity of the tympanic membrane and an allergic reaction to the components. To fix the effect, doctors recommend to be treated with Otipaks from 7 to 10 days, the daily norm - 2-3 times 4 drops in each ear. Use the drug is necessary within 6 months from the date of opening the bottle, after the expiry of this period, the residues will have to be disposed of.
- Otofa. These drops contain the antibiotic rifampicin, which acts on gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. This makes Otofa practically a universal medicine, which perfectly helps with all forms of otitis. Another positive property of the drug is that it can be prescribed to children from the age of 3 even with a damaged eardrum. Burying Otof can be three times a day for 3 drops of children and 5 - adults. The period of treatment should last no longer than a week - if this condition is not met, then the microorganisms become addicted to the active substance.
- Anauran. Glucocorticoid component of the drug has a local anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect. The drug is prescribed in this dosage: 2-3 drops 3-4 times a day for children, adults with the same frequency should be instilled 4-5 drops. Duration of treatment - up to 7 days, but if necessary, taking the drug can be prolonged by the attending physician.
Regardless of the form of otitis at the first signs (pain), it is necessary to show the doctor as soon as possible to the doctor, who will prescribe the appropriate treatment after the examination. If the disease is started, it can lead to complications of varying severity: from the chronic form of the disease to purulent meningitis. This disease categorically does not accept amateur activity, since in the case of ineffective treatment in the middle ear can arise stagnation of fluid with the subsequent formation of scars, and this is fraught with very long treatment and possible deterioration of hearing.
By reference, you will find signs of otitis in a child up to a year.
Treatment during pregnancy
What if otitis has affected the ear during pregnancy? The first and the main advice to all future moms is not to try to heal yourself, not to warm your ear (this can lead to reproduction causing inflammation of harmful bacteria), do not use any drops without the appointment of a doctor.The latter is especially important, since practically all the currently existing drops are forbidden to use in an interesting situation.Complicating the situation is that pregnant women are contraindicated so necessary for inflammation of the ear vasoconstrictor drugs and antibiotics. What to do? At the first signs of otitis, immediately go to a doctor who will choose the treatment that is least threatening the health of the fetus. Most often in this situation, Otopix is prescribed - the only medicine that does not have severe contraindications during pregnancy. The complex of treatment can include physiotherapy methods.
The video tells about the use of ear drops in otitis:
Given the difficulties arising in the treatment of otitis in pregnant women, pregnant women need to take preventive measures. Since otitis is a complication after a cold and ARVI, it is necessary to avoid hypothermia, places of congestion (especially in epidemic periods), eat foods rich in vitamins, avoid getting water in your ears, and hygiene of the ear canals to exercise with the utmost care. If you can not avoid a cold, you can not run it in any case - the treatment prescribed by the doctor should be taken to the full and until the recovery is complete.
Procedure for instillation: sequence of actions
In order for the treatment to be effective, the installation procedure must be carried out in such a sequence.
- Make sure that there is a sulfur plug in the ear - if it is available, most of the medicine will be absorbed by sulfur, which will cause the plug to swell, and the hearing will deteriorate. The ear will continue to ache, but there will be no therapeutic effect. This can be done only by an otolaryngologist who, if necessary, will immediately perform the procedure of washing the ear canal.
- Lay the patient on his side, opposite to the sick ear.
- Carry out superficial hygiene of the auricle and auditory canal.The ear ear, as a rule, emits a lot of liquid and sulfur, which leads to its rapid contamination even in the absence of a plug.You can not use cotton buds for cleaning - it's painful and dangerous. The hygienic procedure should be carried out with a small piece of cotton wool, which if necessary can be slightly moistened in peroxide hydrogen (make sure that the cold peroxide does not flow inward, for this, cotton should be squeezed well).
- Bury in the ear the required number of drops.To avoid the occurrence of an airlock, after each drop, you need to massage the ear lobe lightly.
- Give the patient to lie down in this position for about five minutes - during this period the drops penetrate deep enough and will not leak out when the patient takes a vertical position.
- It is necessary to repeat the manipulation with the second ear, even if it does not hurt, since the otitis has the property of "moving" from one organ of hearing to another.
- The auricles after the procedure do not need to be closed - blocking access to oxygen, we give a "green light" to the reproduction and spread of bacteria.
On the video - ear drops from otitis for people:
Summing up, I would like to once again focus readers' attention on such important issues as otitis prevention and its timely diagnosis. The ear is an organ located very close to the brain. Therefore, delay in treatment can end very badly. If you go to the doctor on time, the treatment, as a rule, does not cause any difficulties and after a maximum of two or three days after visiting the doctor the pain will recede.
Ear drops with otitis: anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-allergicOtitis is an inflammatory process that can develop in different parts of the ear. With the timely detection of the disease, it can be cured with the help of conservative therapy, based primarily on the use of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs. Ear drops in otitis relieve inflammation, eliminating the main signs of the disease, but on condition that the bone tissue of the ear has not been damaged.
How to choose a medicine?All drops in the ears with otitis, which are used in modern otolaryngology, can be conditionally divided into three main groups:
- Drops from otitis combined action, which includes glucocorticoids. To them belong Sofraks, Garazon, Anauran;
- Drops for the treatment of otitis, known as monopreparations, based on non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These are Otipax and Otinum, often prescribed in the treatment of the disease in children;
- Antibacterial agents effective for the bacterial origin of the disease. This category is made up of such medicines as Normax, Otofa, Fugentin.
Ear drops with otitis are prescribed only by the otolaryngologist, since the drug is selected depending on the causes of the development of the inflammatory process in the ear cavity, as well as the degree of damage to the hearing organ.
Combined preparationsDrops in the ears from the otitis of combined action are prescribed for the different nature of the origin of the disease, because they have both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects. For a long time, the medicine Anauran has proved its worth. Its otolaryngologists to their patients are prescribed in the treatment of inflammation of the middle ear, chronic or acute external inflammation. Treatment with drops from the Anitauran otitis is carried out by the method of their instillation into the ear canal.
The drug is used in the treatment of adults and children. Adult patients drip five drops in each ear twice a day, and children - 3 drops three times a day. In pregnancy, this combination drug is rarely prescribed, only in cases where the danger to the mother exceeds the threat to the fetus.
The application of Anauran may be accompanied by the occurrence of such side effects:
- peeling of the skin in the ear canal;
- the appearance of itching and burning;
- a feeling of dryness.
Sofredeks - another means of combined action, used in the treatment of otitis media. These drugs are endowed with a pronounced anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antihistamine action, which makes it possible to remove unpleasant signs of the inflammatory process in a short time.
When treating the disease of the middle ear of Sofradex, you need to drip 3 drops in each ear canal 4 times a day. It is strictly forbidden to exceed the dosage indicated by the doctors, since such actions will inevitably lead to the appearance side effects in the form of allergic manifestations, itching, burning and flaking of the skin of the auditory canal.
Sofredex is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women, children, people suffering from hepatic and renal insufficiency.
MonopreparationsOtipax and Otinum - according to doctors, the most effective and at the same time safe drops for the treatment of otitis media in children and adults. On the prescription of the doctor, they can be dripped to infants, pregnant and lactating women, but at the same time it is necessary to abandon the self-administration of these drugs.
Otypax is characterized as a drug with a high anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. It is necessary to name and minuses of such treatment:
- the drug does not have antibacterial action;
- the possibility of developing an allergic reaction to lidocaine, which is a component of this drug.
The use of Otipax gives good results in the treatment of the inflammatory process at the initial stages of its development. When the disease is already neglectedformsWe need more radical measures.
If the inflammation develops in the middle ear, the otolaryngologists prescribe Otinum to the patients. It is dripped three times a day for 3 drops in each ear. Allergic reactions during treatment with this agent are extremely rare. In case of damage to the tympanic membrane, no otinum is prescribed, since the salicylic acid entering into it, when it hits the affected mucous membrane, causes serious hearing impairment.
AntibioticsAntibacterial drugs are necessary in the treatment of the inflammatory process caused by the penetration into the ear cavity of pathogenic microorganisms. The antibacterial preparation Normaks is popular in modern otolaryngology. The drug is endowed with a wide spectrum of action, therefore it is used in the treatment of external, chronic and purulent inflammation of the middle ear.
Side effects when using Normax are skin rashes, itching, burning and flaking in the area of application of the remedy, and Quincke's edema can also occur. If these side effects are detected, the use of drops in the ears should be stopped immediately and the specialist should be consulted.
An effective antibiotic for acute and chronic inflammation of the middle ear is Otofa. The agent can be used even if the tympanic membrane is damaged. The disadvantage of the remedy is the absence of an anesthetic effect and contraindication in pregnancy and lactation.
The otitis media of the middle ear is often treated with Kandibiotic drops. The composition of the drug included several antibacterial substances:
- beclomethasone dipropionate;
- lidocaine hydrochloride.
Independently to determine which otite drops to drip in your ears, you can not determine, treatment can only appoint a specialist.
In addition, do not be surprised if you are prescribed drops in the nose for otitis, because releasing the nasopharynx from mucus, the pressure in the ears will decrease and your own well-being will improve.