Headache with a cold is a common and serious phenomenonVery often there is a headache with a cold, this process is observed almost every time with the development of a respiratory-viral infection. Even with a common cold, patients feel not only a general malaise, but a headache. It can occur concomitantly with the common cold, but there are often situations where the discharge from the nose appears a little later.
Causes of painWith a cold, the headache becomes a signal for the entry of viruses into the body, but sometimes it can indicate the occurrence in the body of serious enough diseases, requiring medical interference.With a common cold, when there is no cause for concern, the pain arises from the fact that pathogenic microorganisms release various toxic substances, resulting in this symptom.In addition, pain in the head may also be accompanied by such symptoms:
- high body temperature;
- muscle pain.
When the flu, when there is a runny nose, the head does not hurt much, only occasionally the patient feels a feeling of heaviness and ambiguity of thoughts. As a rule, the pain is localized in the forehead and temples, and has an episodic character, arises in most cases at the end of the day. Such a symptom can arise due to increased blood pressure or spasm of blood vessels, which often occurs with a cold. The head can ache and as a result of an edema of a nasopharynx as the nasal breath is complicated and it is necessary to breathe a mouth.
Development of serious diseasesWith the regular occurrence of a severe runny nose and headache with it, it is important to listen to your body, because it can take place processes that are dangerous to the health of the patient.Such a sign does not always arise as a result of a cold or flu, it can also indicate some inflammatory processes - sinusitis or otitis.All types of sinusitis begin to develop the same way: first lays the nose, then in the nasal passages mucous or purulent discharge is formed, headaches are aggravated. Proceeding from the fact that the sinuses penetrated the infection, the disease can have such varieties:
- Etmoiditis- inflammation in the cells of the trellis labyrinth. The person will raise the body temperature, there is a lot of pain in the head, there is a runny nose, because of which the sense of smell almost completely disappears. In addition to these signs of sinusitis, the patient feels an acute pain in the nose and eyes.
- Sinusitis- defeat of maxillary sinuses. The pain has a squeezing character, it is localized in the forehead, temples and cheekbones. Patients may complain of swelling of the cheeks, a feeling of pain and heaviness is especially pronounced when the body tilts forward.
- Frontite - the development of inflammation in the frontal sinuses. A febrile condition of the patient is observed, from the head cold the head hurts in the forehead area, the upper eyelid can swell. If you press the eyelid closer to the nose, there is a very sharp pain.
- Sphenoiditis is an inflammation of the maple sinus. With a cold that occurs as a result of the development of sphenoiditis, there is a pain in the occipital part of the head. There is a splitting pain that also spreads to the orbit, which sometimes leads to partial or complete blindness.
If the cause of headache in the headache is otitis, the pain is localized in the area of the affected ear, which has a "shooting" character. Further spread of infection in the body in the absence of treatment causes dizziness. A severe headache, in which the patient has nausea and vomiting, sharply rises body temperature, may indicate the development of a dangerous infection - meningitis. With such symptoms, you should call an ambulance. The cause of the headache and runny nose can only be determined by a specialist based on the results obtained by examining the patient.
How to remove the headache?Even before the cause of the headache and the common cold is determined, one can independently improve their condition. There are a lot of folk methods that can be used for headaches. You can perform such actions, which are absolutely safe regardless of the causes of the pain:
- grease with menthol oil behind the ears, whiskey and forehead;
- thrice a day to half a glass of a decoction of peppermint;
- Take a spoonful of a preparation made from mustard powder and honey, taken in the same amount;
- Lime juice, whiskey, forehead and nose;
- to treat aromatherapy using lavender, basil, majorana, pink and menthol oils.
It helps to cope with this unpleasant sign and cinnamon infusion. On a tablespoon of hot water you need to take 1/8 h. l. cinnamon, insist half an hour. Take two sips at intervals of an hour until the discomfort disappears completely. Some people to improve their own well-being, when the headache is a cold, take painkillers combined preparations. Analgin, pentalgin, nurofen, spasmalgon can be used.If a person is sure that the cause of a headache is an infectious disease, during the treatment period it is important to exclude from the menu dairy products, as they only increase the manifestation of this symptom. With a cold, when a runny nose and headache is a problem, bed rest should be observed, you must refrain from reading and watching TV.Sometimes a headache with a cold helps to cope with acupressure, however, this method will be effective only in the case where there are no serious diseases.To get rid of unpleasant symptoms, you need to massage the point located in the middle of the thumb pad. It often helps and massage the wings of the nose and the area between the eyebrows.
Cold without temperature: what to drink and how to treat a cold
Whether elevated temperature is a mandatory symptom of influenza is a matter of interest to many patients. Often you can hear from colleagues, acquaintances or relatives: "I always get sick without temperature".
This means not chronic diseases, but seasonal colds. Is this possible and why does the disease sometimes occur without a rise in temperature?
Influenza is quite an insidious disease, fraught with numerous complications, therefore at the first symptoms it is necessary to begin to treat it. If treatment is late, you will have to spend much more time and money to get rid of the disease.
The fact that the temperature has not increased does not mean that the disease does not develop and other manifestations can be ignored.
Influenza has recently become a very common disease, because almost everyone immediately can recognize its symptoms. If there is weakness, cough, runny nose, but the temperature does not rise, the patient, as a rule, diagnoses a cold.
However, the upper respiratory tract can also infect the virus - it is not so easy to treat it.
Why there is a disease without temperatureThe causative agent of the flu is always a virus. The most active are rhinoviruses. The virus of this type is introduced into the nasopharyngeal mucosa and begins to multiply intensively there. After a short period of time, a person experiences the characteristic symptoms of a cold - weakness, headache, lack of appetite, dry cough and sore throat.
For what reason does a cold without temperature occur most often in the cold season? The answer is simple. Some believe that the influenza virus is seasonal. This is not quite true. At a low temperature, the blood vessels narrow, the metabolic processes slow down a little.
Slime, which is a natural defense of the nasopharynx from contact with microorganisms, is produced in smaller amounts. The nasopharynx becomes vulnerable, and so a person begins to get sick.
Another reason is reduced immunity in the cold season. For bacteria and viruses, a favorable environment is created in such climatic conditions. If the cold develops without a temperature, this indicates that the body's immune system is able to neutralize the virus without the involvement of the hypothalamus.
Hypothalamus is responsible for the production of antibodies if a virus is introduced into the body. In this case, the temperature of the body always rises.
If this did not happen, then the hypothalamus was not involved and the body copes with the disease on its own. Of course, he needs help.
But to use strong medicines in this case is not necessary - there are enough folk remedies that strengthen immunity.
Symptoms of colds without fever
A cold without fever manifests itself somewhat differently than a regular flu. Often the symptoms are mistaken for normal overwork, and treatment begins with a significant delay. This leads to the development of a protracted cold, in which unpleasant complications often arise.
The incubation period lasts no more than three days. Then a person begins to feel discomfort in the nasopharynx. Coughing, sneezing, runny nose. The temperature does not always rise in this case. Typical symptoms of influenza:
- The discharge from the nose is watery, which after a few days becomes thicker and acquires a greenish tinge4
- Pain in the throat;
- Cough, at first dry, after two or three days passing into wet.
Colds without fever can also occur during pregnancy. Much less often cold without fever occurs in young children. The baby's body is not yet fully formed, the immune system is not as strong as in adults, so usually the virus manifests itself acutely, with all the attendant symptoms.
If the child does not have a fever, but has a cough or runny nose, it is necessary to consult with doctor and begin treatment to prevent the transition of a common cold to bronchitis, laryngitis or sinusitis.
In most cases, the cause of the ailment is the influenza virus, it is not difficult to diagnose it, even if there is no temperature.
How to treat a virusThe description of the flu and the methods of its treatment were set forth in the medical reference books of the Middle Ages. But, nevertheless, a truly effective cure for the virus has not been found to this day. Treatment consists in eliminating symptoms and alleviating the general condition of the patient.
If there is a cold without temperature, there is no point in taking antibiotics - the viruses are resistant to the drugs of this group. It is better to drink tea with lemon, honey, ginger or raspberries. Treatment is carried out mainly by folk, not medicamental means.
With the flu, it is good to make a hot foot bath with mustard powder, after which the feet should be rubbed with vodka or ointment on the basis of turpentine, put on woolen socks and lie under the blanket. But such treatment is not suitable for women bearing a child. They'd better drink a warm broth of rose hips and wrap a scarf around their necks if their throats hurt.
In general, when you have the flu, you should always drink a lot:
- Ideally - decoctions and infusions of medicinal herbs.
- Good cough, weakness, sore throat, chamomile, lemon balm.
- Do not rush to take medicine.
- Sore throat, pain, swelling and redness should be better resolved by inhalation.
Inhalations are made with infusion of pine buds, eucalyptus, or with a solution of soda and iodine. The procedure should be done twice a day: morning and evening.
But do not do inhalation immediately before going out on the street - this treatment will not be effective.
What else can you drink if you suffer from cough with flu without fever?
A well-known home remedy for a very strong cough helps - warm milk with soda or alkaline mineral water (for example, Borjomi).
So to drink with a cold is best before going to bed warmed milk with butter and honey. Take the drink in small sips, so as not to slow the departure of phlegm in the larynx.
If the patient feels bad with a cold without fever, there is weakness, pains discomfort in the nasopharynx, it is not necessary to take powders and tablets. Improve the state of rinsing.
The most effective solutions are salt, soda and iodine or furacilin. Chamomile also removes inflammation of the mucosa and helps to reduce pain. Gargle should be at least five times a day.
You can also take this home remedy inside:
- It is necessary to squeeze out the juice of one lemon and combine it with 100 gr. of natural honey. Take the mixture you need twice a day for two teaspoons.
- Cure for a runny nose can be dropped from the juice of root vegetables. In equal proportions, take freshly squeezed beetroot juice and carrots, and add a little honey. In each nostril you need to dig in five drops of this mixture two or three times a day.
All these funds will be very useful in pregnancy, when taking medicines is not desirable, so as not to harm the child. If you already take pharmacy funds, then preference is given to syrups and cough mixtures on a plant basis. You can take and pills with expectorant action - mukaltin or tusuprex.
Severe nasal congestion is removed with the help of vasoconstrictive drops - nasivine, naphthyzin, sanorin. But such drugs can not be used more than 2-3 times a day, especially when treating children.
And in conclusion, in the video in this article, a specialist will tell you what to do for a cold, and how to properly heal.
Headache with coughing and runny noseThe reasons for the simultaneous cough and headache are poorly understood by modern medicine, but the relationship between these two symptoms has certainly been proven by many scientists. The combination of both signs is not typical. Cough (often with a runny nose) is observed in less than 1% of people suffering from headaches and migraines. However, the problem for this part of the population does not become less relevant.
Why does my head ache during coughing?
The causes of unpleasant symptoms that occur simultaneously (very often in combination with a common cold) can be:
The first group includes diseases that directly cause headaches, reflex respiratory tract cramps and runny nose:
To secondary can be attributed quite serious ailments that cause a cough pain in the head and runny nose, for example, brain disease. Also here are the pathological processes taking place in other organs, except those related to the respiratory system.
How does the runny nose, headache, cough?
Unpleasant symptoms can be of varying degrees of intensity. Headache when coughing, accompanied by a runny nose, is characterized by the following typical characteristics:
- Instant appearance.
- Instant fading.
Most often its duration lasts from 1 minute to half an hour.
Severe headaches with a cough accompanied by a runny nose can be:
- Single-sided or bilateral.
- More or less intense.
Symptoms (cough, headache) manifest simultaneously, often along with a common cold. Thus reflex spasms of respiratory ways can be various on the character:
- With separation of phlegm.
They can be accompanied by feverish conditions, nausea.
It is important to remember that if your head hurts, and cough, temperature, runny nose are constantly observed and only grow, then you should immediately consult a doctor. After an increase in the intensity of symptoms may indicate the presence of various health hazards.
Coryza, cough, headache: Causes
Factors that can trigger the simultaneous occurrence of unpleasant symptoms, there are many. Unpleasant symptoms can be caused by:
- Catarrhal diseases. Coryza, cough, headache in this case are considered typical symptoms. Also, there may be lumps, drowsiness, weakness, apathy, sinusitis, unpleasant sensations in the throat and ears. There are often feverish conditions, chills, pain in the muscles.
- Tumors and pathologies that occur in the brain. With malignant neoplasms, coughing, headache, and weakness are very common. The appearance of these symptoms indicates the transition of the disease in later stages of development. Also can observe the following symptoms: dizziness, loss of attention, vomiting, memory problems, lethargy, indifference, aggressiveness, visual hallucinations, pain in the extremities.
- Anomalies in the respiratory system. With such pathologies, the head often hurts with a strong cough. Also at the same time, shortness of breath (even suffocation), blood spitting can be observed.
- Smoking. Infinite inhalation of tobacco smoke for many years can lead to quite disastrous consequences. Often from heavy smokers you can hear the words: "When I cough - my head hurts but who said this a person immediately reaches for a cigarette, without giving a report on the relationship of bad habits and unpleasant symptoms. Also, tobacco smokers are often accompanied: shortness of breath, attacks of rapid heartbeat.
- Allergic reactions. Coryza, headache, cough - such complaints can often be heard from people suffering from various intolerances. It can be an allergic reaction to food, animals, plants, dust, household chemicals and many other irritants. In addition, patients often experience itching in the nose, wheezing in the lungs, choking, sneezing.
- Changes in atmospheric pressure. Pain in the temples or cuff during a cough is characteristic of people who are hypersensitive to weather changes. Human vessels do not have time to react to changes in environmental conditions and as a result, unpleasant and sometimes very uncomfortable sensations arise. They can be accompanied in parallel with nausea, hearing and visual impairments.
- Attacks of asthma. Sneezing, a runny nose, a headache and a severe cough are permanent companions of asthmatics. In addition, patients have attacks of suffocation, accompanied by wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness. If symptoms build up and do not go away within 24 hours, you should seek emergency medical help, otherwise the attack can result in pneumothorax, acute respiratory failure, or emphysematous violation lungs.
- Inflammation of the nasopharynx. Symptoms - headache, runny nose, cough - are typical for such abnormal processes. Often they are accompanied by an increase in body temperature, difficulty swallowing, swollen lymph nodes, changes in voice.
- Vibrations of intracranial pressure. The main symptom is a headache after a cough, before and during it. Also, people often observed: double vision, vomiting, nausea, fatigue.
What should I do if my head hurts, cough, runny nose?
At simultaneous occurrence of unpleasant symptoms it is necessary to receive consultation as soon as possible from the doctor and begin necessary treatment. If a person coughs into the head (and also has a runny nose), then the specialist will necessarily appoint the necessary examinations. It can be:
- Magnetic resonance imaging.
- X-rays of light.
- Laboratory blood test.
It should be remembered that with such symptoms it is necessary to refuse self-treatment or waiting - when the unpleasant sensations will pass by themselves. Only an immediate request to a doctor and following all of his recommendations will help to remove unpleasant symptoms, cure the underlying ailment, restore health in the shortest possible time.
Coryza and cough without fever: how and what to treat in an adult
Coryza and a severe cough without temperature are most often reported that a hidden inflammatory process occurs in the human body or the patient is hypersensitive to certain factors.
In particular, such symptoms can be observed in adults, if a person inhales fine dust or polluted air.
In the event that the condition does not improve, snot and dry cough last for a long time, you need to see a doctor to find out the exact cause of the ailment.
Why does a cough occur without a fever?High body temperature is, above all, a sign that the body is fighting the microbes that caused the disease. If the runny nose and coughing are present, but there is no temperature, this is an unfavorable signal.
In this case, the body is not able to cope with diseases independently because of reduced immunity. Meanwhile, it is important to consider that the rise in temperature occurs, as a rule, in bacterial and infectious diseases.
When there are any changes in the human body, a cough without temperature and a cold occurs, which helps to remove foreign particles and sputum from the respiratory tract.
If a cold starts coughing without fever, this indicates that the body has failed and a serious inflammatory process begins.
Similar symptoms often occur in adults who often have ARI. When barking cough, if there is no temperature, the inflammatory process in the nasopharynx is usually detected. A similar process is observed in the presence of adenoids. It is also excluded that coughing with a cold without temperature is a reaction to dust, the smell of perfume or household chemicals.
As for the common cold, not all such diseases are accompanied by an increase in temperature. These include diseases such as:
- Chronical bronchitis;
- Physiological rhinitis.
A similar disease is laryngitis, but with it there is a high fever and a person sits down a voice. The most dangerous form is stenosing laryngitis, which swells around the larynx, which makes it difficult for the patient to breathe.
If a dry cough without cold and temperature is constantly observed, the doctor can diagnose pneumonia or acute bronchitis. Similar symptoms can occur with tuberculosis. Also do not forget that coughing can occur with allergies, in this case the patient has a strong cold.
Recently, doctors often diagnose H1N1 or the bird flu virus if the patient has a cough and runny nose without fever. Symptoms of this disease are practically the same as usual cold, but the main sign is the absence of high body temperature.
When infection with a viral infection occurs development of catarrh in the upper respiratory tract, they can pass into the common cold.
The pain in the throat and heat while not, but the cough is usually dry and very strong.
Cough and runny nose without fever in pregnant women
The appearance of the above symptoms during pregnancy is dangerous for the fetus. When a violent cough begins, the abdominal muscles become strained and active contraction of the ligaments occurs, which can provoke bleeding. With a common cold snot is actively allocated, nasal congestion is formed, because of which the future child may suffer from severe hypoxia.
Since during pregnancy it is not recommended to carry out treatment with the help of medicinal preparations, as an alternative it is necessary to use known and proven folk remedies. They should be chosen after consultation with the attending physician.
Prolonged cough and runny noseIf the symptoms in adults last long enough, with high temperature absent, most likely a latent inflammatory process develops in the patient's body. Also, the cause of a prolonged cough and runny nose may be an allergy.
Suddenly appeared and long-lasting dry cough is often due to a strong allergic reaction to flowers, animals, perfume. Allergens can accumulate in carpets, beds, closets.
Allergy often occurs if a person is in a polluted environment for a long time. In this case, regular inhalation of pathogens occurs. In the event that a dry cough is excruciating constantly, it is required to strengthen the sputum production, for this it is recommended to drink as much liquid as possible.
Long chafing in the throat, tickling in the nasopharynx can after the patient has recovered from a viral or infectious disease. Runny nose and cough also do not always go away quickly.
However, if the symptoms of the illness are prolonged for a long time, you should definitely go through the examination and identify the cause.
Treatment of runny nose and cough without fever
Before starting treatment, it is important to find out the cause of this condition of the patient. With colds, the doctor prescribes medicines that narrow the blood vessels. The following drugs are relevant:
From mucolytic and expectorant funds are used:
In addition, inhalations are used that help to soften the mucosa, kill microbes, stop the inflammatory process.
- To cure the symptoms, it is required first of all to drink more often any liquid that can be a decoction of mint, dog rose, chamomile, tea with lemon, drinking water.
- With a dry cough, preparations that dilute sputum are taken.
- Symptoms of colds are effectively treated with infusions of linden, plantain, mother-and-stepmother, althea.
- Runny nose is best treated with frequent rinses with sea salt or chamomile broths.
- If there is no high temperature, warming procedures are used. In a container with hot water, add two tablespoons of soda or mustard, in the resulting solution steamed legs. After the procedure, you should warm your feet with woolen socks.
In people who smoke people, coughing with flu and a cold can be observed due to irritation of the nasopharynx with nicotine. Such patients experience regular coughing attacks in the mornings, when there is increased sputum production. This can talk about lung atrophy, which is formed in the alveoli and gradually spreads to the entire body. It is important to treat the disease in time to avoid the development of complications.
The presence of tuberculosis can be reported by sputum discharge with blood. Pneumonia is characterized by pain in the thoracic part. When there is a viral or infectious disease, in addition to cough, the patient feels pain and sore throat. Treat these diseases immediately, as the first symptoms appeared.
And the conclusion is recommended video in this article with recommendations for treatment of influenza and ARI.
Temperature 37, severe headache and muscle pain, runny nose, small cough, weakness. I have the flu?
Influenza or ARVI
Take ACC (0.2) three times a day - or ACC long (0.6) once, tea, blanket, TV
Still there is a good remedy "INTI" - a delicious thing from the flu and colds. In combination with the ACC it helps
From a headache I recommend tempalgin - two tablets and after 20-30 minutes the pain recedes
From the common cold, buy any spray (not a drop), for example nazole
I just got sick
Diesel engine Old
It is necessary to be treated
Rather, acute respiratory viral infection, the temperature is usually higher in flu, although ...
It looks like this. Sit at home. Are treated.
Anastasia Svetlana Vasilyevna
can simply be a cold
flu!! In the pharmacy, buy aflubin.
when the flu is high, and always! and lasts about 3 days
yesterday obsalyutno the same thing was
surprisingly, I drank analgin and a strong headache passed
yes, the flu
if there is pain in the muscles, then most likely the flu.
You have not really had the flu! I here in that year for the first time the flu became ill, thought, I will throw away the skates ...)
It is better to consult a doctor, you will drink antibiotics, but they will not help you, but they will only do worse if they have a viral infection, not bacterial infection.
Due to the wide prevalence and heterogeneity of various acute respiratory infections, there is a need for a differential diagnosis to establish an exact cause disease. Knowledge of the principles of differential diagnosis of various acute respiratory viral infections is necessary to prevent various complications and to correct the tactics of treating a patient. The most frequent pathogens of acute respiratory viral infection are influenza (acute onset, high fever, the possibility of developing severe forms of the disease), parainfluenza (a lighter than the flu, lesion of the larynx with a risk of suffocation in children), adenovirus infection (less pronounced than in the beginning of the flu, sore throat and lymphadenopathy, conjunctival eye lesion, possibly liver damage), infection with a respiratory syncytial virus (bronchial and bronchiolar involvement, the possibility of bronchopneumonia, lighter and longer than in the case of influenza current) .
Symptoms of dyspepsia (vomiting, dilution of stools) should be alerted in terms of rotavirus infection.
With pronounced inflammation of the tonsils (especially in case of adenovirus infection) it is necessary to exclude angina and infectious mononucleosis.
Severe fever can cause suspicions of measles, scarlet fever, etc.
Of the more exotic diseases, the first symptoms of which may resemble ARVI, it should be noted hepatitis, AIDS, etc., so if symptoms of ARVI in the previous few weeks were preceded by events dangerous in view of the infection with these diseases (contact with a sick hepatitis A, unprotected sex with a casual partner, intravenous injections in non-sterile conditions), you should immediately contact the doctor.