- General principles of dietary nutrition
- Features of menu design
- List of permitted and forbidden products
- Related videos
Irritable bowel syndrome( IBS) is a functional disorder accompanied by a characteristic clinical picture. Symptoms of the disease - intestinal colic, a change in the consistency of the stool, associated with the development of pain, gassing, mucous inclusions in the stool, a feeling of incomplete emptying.
Pathology must be differentiated with other bowel diseases accompanied by abdominal pain, for example, colitis. If a person has not revealed any characteristic signs of pathologies, then the diagnosis of IBS is diagnosed. With irritable bowel syndrome, diet is the main component of successful treatment.
General principles of dietary nutrition
Nutrition for diagnosis of the disease is based on the following rules:
- food intake should be fractional, small in size portions;
- food should be chewed as thoroughly as possible;
- food intake should be carried out at the same time;
- , the interval between two meals should not exceed 3 hours;
- products should be room temperature - not hot and not cold;
- cook meals for a couple, boil or bake in the oven;
- dinner should be held 2 hours before bedtime.
The diet for irritable bowel syndrome involves the observance of the treatment table No. 4 according to Pevzner, which has its own variants. During the exacerbation of the disease, the patient is assigned compliance with diet No. 4B.Dishes are served only in garbled form. After the abatement of pathological symptoms, the patient is transferred to table 4B.Its main difference is the whole supply of products.
Features of compiling the menu
Food for irritable bowel syndrome should take into account the features of the disease. If the pathology is accompanied by regular constipation, then the menu must contain:
- products with high fiber and fiber content - nuts, dried fruits, cereals( millet, oatmeal, yak, buckwheat);
- berries and fruits with a sour taste;
- sour-milk products;
- raw vegetables and fruits high in fiber - carrots, beets, melon, prunes;
- dishes that enhance peristalsis of the intestines - okroshka, beetroot, decoction of hips of wild rose, infusion of prunes;
- vegetable oils;
- carbonated drinks, kvass( limited).
Patient must comply with drinking regimen. During the day, you need to drink at least 2 liters of fluid
If IBS is accompanied by diarrhea, then the diet should be present "fixing" food. The following product groups can slow down the intestinal motility:
- Fig. Contains a small amount of dietary fiber. Served in a grated kind.
- Viscous for consistency, mashed dishes - mucous soups, vegetable purees, jelly, jelly.
- Products containing tannins - blueberries, strong black tea, pomegranate and others.
Drinks are preferably served warmly. In IBS accompanied by flatulence, the menu should completely eliminate:
- fats of animal origin - they can not be used in cooking food;
- products, enhancing the formation of gases - beans, raisins, grapes, onions, radishes, cabbage;
- millet and pearl barley;
- drinks with gases;
- meat and fish of fatty varieties;
- whole milk, ice cream, cream;
- sweets, yeast pastries, pastry, black bread;
- products containing food additives, dyes, fragrances;
- spicy seasonings.
To eliminate signs of bloating, you can use dill water, as well as broths of chamomile and mint. Quite often, patients suffer from a mixed form of IBS.For her, it is typical to alternate constipation and diarrhea.
During the period of the disease, accompanied by a liquid stool, it is recommended to limit the consumption of foods that are able to strengthen the peristalsis of the gastrointestinal tract. With constipation in the menu, meals are introduced to speed up the bowels. This is fresh potato juice, beet, plum puree, fresh apples, sour-milk drinks.
List of allowed and prohibited products
What can I eat with irritated bowel? The following product groups are allowed:
- Groats. They must be carefully boiled. For cooking, water is taken. With good tolerability, it is allowed to add milk to it. Cereals are used in soups, puddings and casseroles. Small vermicelli, noodles.
- Dietary types of meat, fish. It is allowed to boil, bake, cook in a double boiler.
- Soups on the second( taken off) broth. In them you can put cereals, finely chopped vegetables - carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, zucchini. You can put meatballs, stuffing.
- Oven dried white bread, dry biscuit, biscuit biscuit. Vegetable side dishes only from boiled vegetables. During the period of remission, it is allowed to eat cucumbers and tomatoes, having previously cleaned them.
- Milk, cream. Used for adding to ready-made meals.
- Fresh cottage cheese, casseroles.
- Butter( 15 grams).It is possible to put in dishes, on sandwiches. Eggs soft-boiled, steam omelet.
- Sweets. To add a ration of diversity, it is allowed to introduce some sweets - marshmallows, marmalade, honey, jam. Fully ripe fruit without peel is allowed - pear, raspberry, victoria, apples. The latter can be used for baking in the oven.
- Juices. Preliminarily diluted with water.
- Infusion on berries of dogrose, slightly boiled tea.
IBS requires a person to give up many products and observe a strict diet
To prevent the development of exacerbation of the disease, it is necessary to exclude irritating foods. This fatty, boiling broth - stimulates the production of gastric juice.dishes that enhance the processes of fermentation - black bread, legumes, fresh vegetables, pastries and others.vegetables containing burning essential oils - radish, radish, onion, garlic.
The list continues sharp dishes, fatty meat and fishfoods with aggressive tastes, preserves, culinary fat, cereals - millet, corn, pearl barley, yak, chocolate, grape juice, kvass, fruit drinks, drinks with gases.
Sample menu for the day - one of the possible options
|Food intake||Authorized products and dishes|
|Breakfast||Porridge( buckwheat, oatmeal, pearl barley) with dried fruits( dried apricots, prunes), omelet or boiled eggs, cottage cheese with sour cream, curd casserole. It is necessary to choose one dish or take 2 in smaller quantity. Supplement breakfast can be bread with butter and a weak tea. If desired, you can add milk|
|Snack number 1||Fruit( apple, peach), yogurt, hard boiled egg|
|Lunch||Vegetable soup, broth, fish or chicken, stewed with vegetables, salad with fresh vegetables or vinaigrette, fruit juice or juice with pulp|
|Snack № 2||Fruit salad, fresh carrots with vegetable oil, yoghurt|
|Dinner||Baked fish or chicken breast, cabbage rolls, stewed vegetables, compote|
In most cases, the treatment of the disease boils down to strict adherence to the diet. Adhering to the principles of therapeutic nutrition, a person prevents the development of exacerbation and significantly improves the quality of his life.