Nitrosorbide is a medicinal product used in the field of modern medicine for the treatment and prevention of a number of diseases associated with cardiovascular system disorders.
Expands peripheral vessels, while reducing the oxygen demand of the heart muscle. It has a corona-dilating effect, reduces the volume of incoming blood to the right atrium, reduces the pressure of a small circle of blood flow, redistributes the coronary flow of blood.
This medication helps to eliminate shortness of breath cyanosis, attacks of suffocation. Nitrosorbide is widely used to stabilize the condition of patients suffering from heart failure or angina pectoris.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Peripheral vasodilator with predominant effect on venous vessels. Antianginal remedy.
Conditions of leave from pharmacies
It is released on prescription.
How much is Nitrosorbide in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of30 rubles..
Form of issue and composition
Produced in tablets (20 pcs. Each). in packages of contour mesh, in a carton box 2 packages; 50 pieces each. in polyethylene foam containers).
1 tablet contains:
- Active substance: isosorbide dinitrate - 10 mg;
- Excipients, including lactose and sucrose.
Nitrosorbide tablets reduce pressure in a small circle of blood circulation, reduce blood flow to the right atrium and reduce the severity of symptoms with pulmonary edema. The use of the drug makes it possible to redistribute the blood flow in the area of reduced blood circulation, and also to increase resistance to physical exertion in patients with ischemic heart disease. The use of nitrosorbide can cause the onset of headaches due to the expansion of cerebral vessels.
Long-term use of the drug may cause cross-tolerance to nitrates, but a break in treatment with this drug leads to a rapid recovery of sensitivity. The effect of the drug is noted only 5 minutes after taking Nitrosorbide tablets. The therapeutic effect of the drug in the prolonged form develops after half an hour and remains for 12 hours. After buccal and sublingual use of the drug, the effect occurs after 5-6 minutes and persists for 4-6 hours.
Indications for use
Indication of the drug Nitrosorbide:
- Prevention and treatment of angina attacks, including postinfarction.
- Treatment of chronic congestive heart failure in combination with cardiac glycosides and diuretics.
Dosage and duration of therapy are determined by the doctor individually.
- Acute myocardial infarction with low filling pressure.
- Severe anemia.
- Closed-angle glaucoma.
- Severe violations of the liver and / or kidney function, hyperthyroidism.
- Joint use with phosphodiesterase inhibitors (eg sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil).
- Acute circulatory failure (shock, vascular collapse).
- Hypersensitivity to isosorbide dinitrate, other nitrates or other components of the drug.
- Cardiogenic shock (if adequate measures do not support a sufficient level of end-diastolic pressure).
- Angina due to hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy.
- Cardiac tamponade, aortic stenosis, mitral stenosis, constrictive pericarditis.
- Increased intracranial pressure (including with craniocerebral trauma, hemorrhagic stroke), since venodilatation can lead to its further increase.
- Severe arterial hypotension (systolic blood pressure is below 90 mm. gt; ), bleeding, hypovolemia (isosorbide dinitrate, reducing venous return, can provoke syncope).
- Primary pulmonary diseases (due to the risk of hypoxemia, which can be caused by redistribution of blood flow to the hyperventilation zone), toxic pulmonary edema, pulmonary heart.
Use in pregnancy and lactation
The drug Nitrosorbide can be prescribed to patients during lactation and pregnancy only in situations when the usefulness of treatment significantly exceeds the probable risk.
Dosage and route of administration
The instructions for use indicate that when taking Nitrosorbide inside a single dose of 10-120 mg, the frequency of taking 1-5 times / day, depending on the indications and the dosage form used.
With sublingual or buccal administration, a single dose of 5-10 mg, the frequency of reception depends on the indications and the patient's response to treatment.
When injected into the oral cavity, 1-3 doses are applied at an interval of about 30 seconds with a delay in breathing. In acute myocardial infarction and acute heart failure, the initial dose is 1-3 injections. If no improvement occurs after 5 minutes, the injection can be repeated under the condition of constant monitoring of blood pressure and heart rate. To prevent coronary spasm in the case of catheterization, 1-2 doses should be applied immediately before the procedure.
With IV administration, the dosing regimen depends on the clinical situation and the dosage form used.
For dermal application, the initial dose is 1 g at bedtime, before bed, and if necessary in the morning.
Duration of treatment is determined in each case individually.
Nitrosorbide is mostly well tolerated. In rare cases, the following side effects are noted:
- Allergic reactions: a rash on the skin, hives, itching.
- Digestive system: dryness of the oral mucosa, nausea, vomiting, with buccal and sublingual application - burning and tingling of the tongue.
- Cardiovascular system: arterial hypotension (including orthostatic hypotension), flushes to the face, tachycardia, a feeling of heat, paradoxical nitrate reaction, manifested by increased angina attacks, as well as a significant decrease in blood pressure, up to collapse.
- Central and peripheral nervous system: violation of sleep-wakefulness, increased fatigue, dizziness, violation vision, brain ischemia, nitrate headache (most pronounced at the beginning of treatment, disappears with continued use preparation).
Symptoms of an overdose of Nitrosorbide are: fainting, headache, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension, convulsions, fever. With excessively high dosages of the drug may develop methemoglobinemia with cyanosis of the lips and nails, shortness of breath, arrhythmia, weakness, hyperthermia.
In case of an overdose, symptomatic treatment is recommended. In case of severe overdose, dopamine should be administered and sympathomimetic drugs should be used. If the drug was taken orally, and after taking no more than half an hour, the gastric lavage was shown followed by the intake of activated charcoal. To correct blood pressure, you need to adjust the volume of circulating blood.
During the treatment period, do not drink alcohol.
Use with caution in patients with impaired cerebral circulation, with aortic and / or mitral stenosis; in patients prone to orthostatic hypotension; in elderly patients. During the treatment, especially in the case of a gradual increase in the dose, control of blood pressure and heart rate is necessary.
During the period of treatment, it is not recommended to drive vehicles and engage in other potentially hazardous activities, since with regular use of isosorbide dinitrate reduces the ability to concentrate and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
At simultaneous application it is necessary to observe rules of reception of isosorbide dinitrate, and with care to combine it with such preparations / substances:
- Adsorbents, astringents and enveloping agents - reduce absorption from the gastrointestinal tract;
- Barbiturates - accelerate biotransformation and reduce the concentration of nitrosorbide in the blood;
- Sympathomimetics - reduce the antianginal effect;
- Atropine - increases the likelihood of increased intraocular pressure;
- Nitroglycerin - probably a decrease in activity against a background of prolonged intake of nitrosorbide;
- Vasodilators, tricyclic antidepressants, and also alcohol - it is possible to intensify the hypotensive effect right up to the orthostatic collapse (early signs - dizziness, weakness, etc.).
We picked up some reviews of people who used the drug Nitrosorbide:
- Nikolai. My father suffered a myocardial infarction. The doctors prescribed many medications, among them Nitrosorbide. A few years have passed and Dad periodically receives it. Checked for years, satisfied and advises those who have heart problems.
- Christina. I drink pressure reducing, I tried a lot. But in the evening nothing helps, but I drink lowering, and the pressure is higher. And only nitrosorbite helps to lower blood pressure. After it and the action of the drug is effective. I'm just afraid that it can have a negative effect if taken often.
- Elena. I accept Nitrosorbide, because I suffer from pulmonary hypertension. The drug is very like. Sometimes I feel sick after taking it and can not sleep at night, but it happens very rarely. In general - happy.
Structural analogs for the active substance:
- From MacArthard;
- Is Mac Spray;
- Isosorbide dinitrate;
- TD spray Iso Mack.
Before using analogues, consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store in a dry place at temperatures up to 30 ° C, out of the reach of children and protected from light.
Shelf life - 3 years.
How to choose probiotics for the intestine: a list of drugs.
Effective and inexpensive cough syrups for children and adults.
Modern non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Review of tablets from the increased pressure of the new generation.
Antiviral drugs are inexpensive and effective.