Allergic rhinitis and nasal congestion: treatment with folk remedies
Allergic rhinitis is a disease that affects not only the body of an adult, but also a child. Provoke it can a certain allergen, which focuses in the nasal passages. Cure this condition is possible not only with the help of medicines, but also methods of traditional medicine. To achieve maximum effect is possible only with a comprehensive approach.
Getting Rid of Children's Rhinitis
Treatment of an allergic rhinitis in a child should be based on safe means. Before you start the therapy of folk remedies, you need to get permission from a doctor.
When the child's organism reacts to the pollen of plants with allergy, then for the beginning it is necessary to determine the type of herbs and plants that cause irritation of the mucosa. This information you need to accurately understand the allowed and prohibited foods. In the spring you can not eat pears, apples, potatoes, honey. In the autumn unfavorable products are mayonnaise, honey, watermelons.
Comfortable indoor environment
The state of the respiratory system depends largely on how fresh air is in the room in which the child sleeps, does homework or simply plays. It is worth giving up carpets, as they are a reservoir for dust accumulation. Do not overload the baby's room with soft toys, heavy curtains, porous wallpaper.Such conditions are considered favorable for the accumulation and multiplication of harmful bacteria.At the time of flowering plants it is worthwhile to do a wet cleaning in the room every day. In addition to humidification, it is necessary to install air purifiers with anti-allergenic filters in the room.
It is better to fight the signs of allergic rhinitis, when the cause of the disease is already clear. For these purposes, it is necessary to perform the skin pores and pass a blood test. Therefore, try to limit the contact of the child's organism with allergenic plants. For the period of their flowering it is better to take the child to the sea and do not let him use the above products.
Flushing of nasal treks
If a child is stricken with an allergic rhinitis, it is very useful to wash the nose. For these purposes, it is better to use the Dolphin device. This procedure requires a special solution. For its preparation you will need to take a dessert spoonful of salt, ¼ of a spoonful of soda and a few drops of iodine. The link describes how to rinse your nose.
Treatment of allergic rhinitis in children with the help of herbs is analogous to adult therapy, which will be discussed above.
Allergies in adults
To cure the presented pathology is quite realistic by folk methods, if one clearly adheres to the exact dosage.
Washing with saline
To perform such treatment you will need a rubber pear. The most important ingredient in this medicine is salt. It is she who kills all bacteria and microbes that contribute to the onset of a cold.
To make a solution, take 0.5 dessert spoon of salt and add it to a glass of warm water. Pour the solution into the pear, and place the tip in the nasal passage.It is necessary to draw in a nose a salty liquid. Similarly, make another nostril.Such therapy should be performed 3 times a day until the disease disappears. But it is necessary to carry out manipulation cautiously, because in case of incorrect handling of a pear, mucosal tissues can be damaged, which will lead to bleeding.
Eliminate allergic rhinitis by using this collection of herbs:
- inflorescence of a tea rose - 100 g,
- willow bark - 50 g;
- inflorescence of linden - 50 g;
- inflorescence of elderberry - 20 g;
- grass of the twigs - 10 g.
To prepare, take the ingredients and pour 250 ml of boiling water. Wait half an hour and take the medicine 250 ml 3-4 times a day. Therapy should be carried out until the moment the disease completely disappears.
The presented plant allows very quickly to eliminate inflammation. Tea, prepared on the basis of ginger, is considered the best remedy for eliminating the unpleasant symptoms of an allergic rhinitis. Ginger is actively used in folk medicine and for other purposes. Here you can see a recipe for tea with ginger from cough.
You can take ready-made tea with ginger, brew and consume it. And you can take 50 g of the main ingredient and pour a glass of boiling water. You can sweeten the drink with a spoonful of honey. When drinking tea, it is possible to dilute bronchial secretion, to facilitate breathing and to eliminate the common cold.
This herb also refers to effective ways of treating rhinitis. It can be applied in the form of tea or with inhalation. You can wrap in a piece of gauze brewed chamomile and add a slice of lemon oil. All wrap and attach to the nostrils. Such folk treatment will help get rid of rhinitis very quickly. Chamomile broth is also used to treat cough.
Infusion of butterbur
This herb allows you to eliminate irritation, reduce headaches, reduce swelling and sneezing frequency. These are the symptoms that correspond to the presented pathology.
To prepare the medicine, you need to take 2 large spoons of the main ingredient and place them in the thermos. Add hot water. Insist 3 hours, and after taking during the day in an amount of 1 liter.
Read what antibiotics to treat bronchitis in adults.
Reviews of pastilles Dr. Mom from cough: http://prolor.ru/g/lechenie/pastilki-doktor-mom-ot-kashlya.html.
Here, the causes and treatment of snoring in men are described.
Presented grass has a fantastic effect and actively fights against all manifestations of allergic rhinitis.The composition of the goldenrod contains a large number of antioxidants.In addition, the presence of a unique formula allows for the therapy of any form of the common cold, as well as allergic.
For the final disposal of the disease, it is necessary to brew tea from the goldenrod and take it several cups a day. You can add honey or raspberry juice to the drink.
Decoction of citrus fruits
Such a drug has a strengthening effect and has an anti-inflammatory effect. Thanks to this, it is possible to eliminate unpleasant manifestations of the common cold. For cooking, you need to remove the skin from the fruit (lemon, grapefruit), add a glass of water and boil for 15 minutes. Chilled broth to drink with honey.
On video - treatment of an allergic rhinitis by folk remedies:
The prepared preparation from calendula should be used for washing the visual organs. They react very much to allergens. With its use, it is possible to calm the conjunctiva and reduce the constant feeling of itching. Take infusion is necessary inside. Brew 2 large spoons of herb in 0.5 l of boiling water, chill and strain.
The video tells how to cure allergic rhinitis with folk remedies:
For the treatment of allergic rhinitis at home, it is worthwhile to carry out inhalation with the addition of essential oils. For these purposes, you need to use the eucalyptus oil or fir, medicinal herbs.
Allergic rhinitis does not like garlic pairs. Before breathing, add a couple cloves of garlic to the hot water. It is necessary to conduct such activities daily, before going on a night's rest.
Here you can read, than to treat allergic rhinitis during pregnancy.
Allergic rhinitis is a very unpleasant disease. For its treatment, many methods have been developed. An adult and a child will be able to choose their own option and get rid quickly of the pathology presented. Perhaps you will also be useful information about the treatment of allergic sinusitis. Symptoms of allergic otitis are described here.
How to cure an allergy to cold
Cold Rhinitis - the reaction of the human skin to cold. According to the experts and doctors, the exact stimuli are not fully understood and studied. However, there are effective methods of treating and preventing allergic reactions to cold.
Causes of allergy to cold
Despite the fact that until the end of the cause of the allergy to cold is not fully understood, there are several official assumptions.
1. The cause of the allergic reaction can be not only cold, but also a sharp temperature drop, contact with cold water. Often in the summer, the release of water, the transition from sunny areas to the shade can trigger an allergic reaction and runny nose.
2. A common cause of cold allergy is considered to be regular stress.
3. Allergy to cold can be caused by intoxication of the body, diseases of the bile duct, pancreas, liver.
4. Rhinitis can be caused in people who are prone to other allergic manifestations and reactions.
5. Often the cause of an allergy to cold is the intestinal dysbiosis.
6. The human immunity can be weakened due to a variety of chronic diseases: with cholecystitis, sinusitis, caries, etc.
7. Allergy to cold can manifest itself as a result of diseases that have affected the metabolism and the whole body as a whole. For example, with mycoplasmal pneumonia, mononucleosis, mumps, rubella, measles.
Treatment of cold allergy
It should be noted that specialists and doctors in the treatment of cold allergy focus on prevention. This is not accidental. To cure rhinitis, complex treatment should be performed. However, if the cause of cold allergy is a neglected disease, attention should be paid to its symptoms. Only after their elimination can begin to treat rhinitis.
In order to achieve a positive result in the treatment of rhinitis, you should always consult an allergist. Only a specialist will be able to prescribe the right treatment. As a rule, a specialist prescribes antihistamines. They effectively block the allergic reaction to cold. In addition, during this period it will be useful to take vitamins PP, E, A and C. They will improve peripheral circulation.
When an allergic reaction to the cold on the skin may appear areas with a rash. They should be treated with antiallergic ointments and liquid creams. With a complex form of dermatitis will help hormones.
Prevention of disease
Curing allergic reaction to cold in a mild form is possible without the use of drugs. For this, preventive measures should be followed.
1. All year round should be tempered.
2. You must carefully monitor the diet. If you observe the manifestation of allergy to cold, you should stop using various spices, citrus, smoked products, strawberries, chocolate, eggs and coffee.
3. Do not use aggressive cosmetic products (soap, gels, etc.). They should be replaced with drugs with a mild pH.
4. Before you go out on the street, take care of protecting the skin of the face and hands. To do this, use fatty creams and ointments.
5. Minimize contact with synthetic fabrics. Linen should be linen or cotton. If possible, wear special thermal underwear.
In winter, do not forget to wear warm and high boots, mittens or gloves, a hat on the street. Nose and mouth in severe frosts should be covered with a scarf made of wool.
How to cure allergic rhinitis ??
Allergic rhinitis not only exhausts, but also makes the appearance of a person unattractive. Of course, a little girl will like the constantly sneezing chevalier, besides with inflamed-red eyes like a rabbit. To ease the condition, you can and should take advantage of the variety of medications (drugs, solutions for washing the nose, etc.), which is present in pharmacies. Still, to hide sneezing during a date, you can sing a song from an anecdote: "Boys-hooligans, APHKhistili pockets." But is there an alternative to drugs and stupid songs?
Low Allergen Diet
Regardless of whether the seasonal manifestation of rhinitis or year-round, it is important to ensure that food is always low allergenic. Because if there is a predisposition to allergy, then, starting with one thing, later it can manifest itself in another. During exacerbations of rhinitis, you need not only to do a nose wash, swallow tablets, but also avoid eating foods with severe allergenic properties (cow milk, fish, eggs, chicken meat, strawberries, raspberries, strawberries, grapes, pineapples, melon, persimmon, chocolate, citrus, cocoa, nuts, honey, mushrooms, tomatoes, celery).
The ecology of big cities is not at all what facilitates the condition of a person predisposed to allergies. Therefore, at least for the weekend try to get out into fresh air - to the country, to the village. If there is no dacha, you can arrange excursions, walks on country parks, reserves (in the Moscow region, for example, you can go to Abramtsevo, New Jerusalem, etc.).
To ease your condition, you need to clean up the apartment. If possible, it is necessary to remove such "dust collectors", such as carpets, upholstered furniture, curtains, large soft toys. After all, dust worsens the condition of any allergic by several times, negating the treatment of the same rhinitis. In addition, it is necessary to carry out regular wet cleaning at home, once a week to change bed linen (powder, by the way, for laundry, it is better to choose a baby - hypoallergenic). It is also very important to maintain the home optimal (40%) humidity. In addition to the air humidifier, it is possible to install an ionizer at home - it alleviates the condition both in rhinitis and in more serious diseases (for example, asthma).
The substitute of cigarettes
It worsens well with allergic rhinitis and cigarette smoke. Therefore it is important to avoid smoking places, not to allow anyone to smoke at home and, by and large, to quit smoking yourself. True, quitting smoking (even for their own health) and even more forced to stop smoking (at least at home) relatives is not easy. As a wand-zashchalochki in this situation can be an electronic cigarette - it lights up and the light, and the steam goes (but water, without resin, therefore absolutely harmless), and the cartridge can be selected at will: nicotinic, weakly nicotine or non-nicotine. Smoking such a cigarette will be harmless to health, so you can smoke it even at home.
To relieve the condition during attacks of rhinitis, you need to dress properly. Correctly - from the point of view of prevention of allergy. And this means that it is necessary to abandon clothes on fur and animal wool. And, by the way, hamsters, rabbits and dogs can not start a house better. Therefore, a white decorative bunny with a pink bow around his neck as an option for a loved one's gift on March 8 still does not exist ...
Every morning rinse the nasal cavity with cold water.
eliminate the source of allergies... and drops.. vibrotsil and kromogeksal.. although if the climate allergy current residence change
establish the source
learn the allergen. Analyzes to hand over and samples to make and stick with small doses. treat allergists
intranasal local corticosteroids
The allergist can offer many other options - you just have to ask
Nettle extract when consumed, can increase the body's resistance against allergens. Since it contains natural antihistamines, which are very effective against hay fever, it is considered one of the best natural remedies for the treatment of allergic rhinitis. If taken on a regular basis, nettle extract can also prevent future seizures ...
Here it is written in detail how to do it at home: http://dobrzdrav.ru/rinit-nasmork-allergicheskij-simptomy-prichiny/
How to distinguish an allergic rhinitis from an ordinary rhinitis
- How to recognize
- Main differences
Rhinitis (rhinitis) is a term describing symptoms that are caused by irritation or inflammation of the nasal mucosa. Its symptoms are similar to sinusitis and include:
- nasal congestion due to blockage of nasal passages.
Our nose produces mucus (a viscous transparent liquid), which is a "trap" for substances such as dust, pollen, dirt and microorganisms (bacteria and viruses). When the mucus becomes too much, it begins to flow out of the nose in the form of drops. So there is a runny nose.
- The usual duration of rhinitis is up to six weeks. This is the so-called acute rhinitis. If the symptoms of a runny nose last longer than 6 weeks, doctors talk about a chronic cold.
- Acute rhinitis, usually caused by infections or chemical irritation. Chronic rhinitis can be caused by allergies or other factors.
How to distinguish an allergic rhinitis from the usual?
Allergic rhinitis, known to most people as hay fever, is a very common medical problem affecting more than 15% of the adult and child population.
All-year-round allergic rhinitis is caused by an allergen, with which the patient can have contact almost at any time of the year.
Examples of such allergens:automobile exhaust; cosmetics; components of hairspray; cigarette smoke; household chemicals; toiletries; upholstery of furniture; dust mites; Pets.Seasonal allergic rhinitis is caused by an allergen that exists only at certain times of the year.
Patients may experience the most severe symptoms when flowering plants produce pollen when ragweed blossoms or during wheat harvesting.
Trees, grasses and all kinds of weeds can cause seasonal allergies.
During the rainy season, residual moisture causes uncontrolled growth of mold and fungi, which is also a common cause of seasonal allergic rhinitis.
Unlike the symptoms of normal rhinitis, which develop gradually and progress slowly, the onset of an allergic rhinitis may be sudden. But how to distinguish the allergic rhinitis from the usual, if the main symptoms (the rhinitis proper and the concomitant nasal congestion) in these ailments coincide?
- At an allergic rhinitis there is an itch in a nose which is absent at usual cold. Itching is often felt in the back of the nose, where you can not scratch your finger. As a result, the patient can constantly wrinkle his nose and rub his nose with a hand gesture known as "allergic salute."
- With a common cold, a person sneezes seldom and deeply. With allergic rhinitis, the ingestion of an allergen to the nasal mucosa causes a sneeze (10 to 20 times), which can be mild and relatively quiet.
- Cold coryza, unlike allergic rhinitis, rarely causes ophthalmic problems. Allergy sufferers may complain of copious watery discharge from the eyes.
- Patients with an allergic rhinitis may have blue-black circles under the eyes.
- Allergic rhinitis can be stronger than an ordinary cold, affect the sense of smell. And the inability to properly perceive odors radically reduces the taste of foods.
How to recognize an allergic rhinitis? Help the allergist!Before you begin to treat allergic rhinitis, consult an allergist. Only he can tell in detail how to recognize an allergic rhinitis in your case.
Sometimes several symptoms of different diseases can occur in one person. In some patients, allergic rhinitis may be complicated by vasomotor rhinitis, curvature of the nasal septum, or nasal polyps.
The use of aerosol decongestants for the treatment of chronic sinusitis or vasomotor rhinitis can lead to a medicamental runny nose.
Nasal symptoms caused by more than one problem are difficult to treat and often require the cooperation of an allergist-immunologist and an otolaryngologist (commonly referred to as an "ear-throat-nose doctor").
How to recognize an allergic rhinitis and make a correct diagnosis?
- Your allergist-immunologist can start asking questions about your lifestyle to find clues in determining the cause of the symptoms that worry you. Most likely, he will ask you about home and working conditions, the availability of pets, food preferences, the medical history of your family, the frequency and severity of your symptoms.
- You may need to pass several tests. For example, a small dose of the putative allergen is injected into the skin to check how your body reacts to it. This test is the simplest, most sensitive and generally least expensive way of diagnosing. Another advantage is that the results are immediately available. In rare cases, you may also be asked to make a special blood test for allergens.
What is the difference between a seasonal and year-round allergic rhinitis from a cold
Let's consider, than the allergic rhinitis differs from cold. Here are a few basic differences.
- Cold coryza is the most common infectious disease. Most infections "act" relatively briefly, from three to seven days. Otherwise, rhinitis may be associated with other causes, such as purulent sinusitis (inflammation of the paranasal sinuses).
- With a year-round allergic rhinitis, the rhinitis may continue all the time of contact with the allergen.
- And with a seasonal allergy, a runny nose appears during the appearance of pollen and (less often) mold fungi.
- Patients with seasonal and year-round allergic rhinitis may also complain of allergic conjunctivitis, asthma and eczema.
- Allergic rhinitis usually develops at a young age (in 80% of patients it will manifest until reaching the age of 20 years).
- Family history is also important, because allergic symptoms and asthma are usually inherited. That's why people whose relatives suffer from allergies should know what is the difference between an allergic rhinitis and a cold.
- People with an allergic rhinitis may experience gray-blue or purple circles under the eyes.
- With an allergic rhinitis, the patient experiences temporary relief from taking antihistamine medications.
- An acute disease caused by a viral infection will cause more generalized symptoms of rhinitis and sometimes fever.
- An increase in lymph nodes with the corresponding symptoms may allow the doctor to suggest a viral or bacterial cause of rhinitis. And rales or eczema suggest an allergic cause.
Children attending a kindergarten or school can suffer from a cold cold from 8 to 12 times a year. Usually it starts with a feeling of stuffiness of the nose, soon a "runny nose" sneezes into this sensation. Over the next few days, mucus from the nose can change the color from transparent to yellowish, there is a slight increase in temperature and cough.
Symptoms of an allergic rhinitis and risk factors
Our immune system is designed to deal with harmful substances, such as bacteria and viruses. But when there is an allergic rhinitis, the immune system reacts to harmless substances (pollen, mold, and pet dander), considering them a threat to the body.
Symptoms of an allergic rhinitis include:
- mucus from the nose;
- redness around the nose, itching and watery eyes;
- swollen eyelids;
- itching in the mouth, throat, ears and face;
- a sore throat;
- dry cough;
- headaches, pain in the nose;
- partial loss of hearing, smell and taste;
- dark circles under the eyes.
The risk factors for the symptoms of an allergic rhinitis include:
- Presence of relatives-allergies.
- Cases of allergy (food allergy or eczema).
- Second hand smoke.
Allergy in the form of a cold. Is there salvation?
Many people with allergies in the form of a cold are interested in the attending physician: will the allergy disappear if the place of residence is changed?
Allergists-immunologists rarely recommend moving to another locality as a medicine for allergies. This is likely to lead to the fact that a person will get rid of one allergen (say ragweed), but will get hypersensitivity to other allergens in a new place of residence.
In addition, the process of moving can have a devastating material and emotional impact on the family.
No wonder they say that the disease is better to prevent than treat. To prevent the development of allergies in the form of a cold, avoid contact with the allergen and control the environment. For example:
- Weekly wash the bedding.
- Regularly clean the carpeting. It is best to give up large carpets altogether, and wash small rugs often in very hot water.
- Use sprays from household dust.
- Get rid of animals or minimize contact with them.
- Refuse to smoke.
- Use blinds instead of curtains.
- Install in the house filters for fine air purification.
Medications such as antihistamines, decongestants and nasal corticosteroid sprays can help control allergy symptoms. Some folk methods can also be used to treat the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.